Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Kingdom of Khura'in (GS6)

Page 1 of 1[ 29 posts ]
 


Prologue Anime Trailer in English?Topic%20Title
User avatar

Comeback King

Gender: Male

Location: England

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:42 pm

Posts: 49

(Don't spoil anything for me by the way since I'm waiting for the game to be released over here in the UK.)

Yeah I was just wondering since Capcom recently announced a Sep 8th release date and an August 25th demo,
when do you think we'll be getting the Prologue Anime? Or will we?

Apparently Capcom are at Gamescom tomorrow but I doubt they'd release it then, so will we get it next Thursday?
Re: Prologue Anime Trailer in English?Topic%20Title
User avatar

Ace Fangirl

Gender: Female

Location: The Netherlands

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Wed Jun 01, 2016 12:08 pm

Posts: 246

As far as I know, it hasn't been confirmed by Namco that we're getting it. To be honest, I don't think they'd want to waste the money on the voice acting just for some advertising, considering what a lousy job they've been doing with promoting the game to begin with.
Re: Prologue Anime Trailer in English?Topic%20Title
User avatar

Comeback King

Gender: Male

Location: England

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:42 pm

Posts: 49

@Meowzy do you reckon we'll get the Demo trailer like Japan did with the demo?
Re: Prologue Anime Trailer in English?Topic%20Title
User avatar

Ace Fangirl

Gender: Female

Location: The Netherlands

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Wed Jun 01, 2016 12:08 pm

Posts: 246

That one is very possible. They've been translating most of the Japanese trailers anyway. It's just that the anime thing would require actual voice acting for a good five minutes of footage so myyyy guess is 'no'. They could sub, of course, but the Japanese voices would break the hearts of all us frail kids who still believe the games take place in America (and who also believe in Santa).
Re: Prologue Anime Trailer in English?Topic%20Title
User avatar

Comeback King

Gender: Male

Location: England

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:42 pm

Posts: 49

That's the thing, you never know with Capcom.
Re: Prologue Anime Trailer in English?Topic%20Title
User avatar

Ace Fangirl

Gender: Female

Location: The Netherlands

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Wed Jun 01, 2016 12:08 pm

Posts: 246

I would LOVE to be pleasantly surprised by them.
Re: Prologue Anime Trailer in English?Topic%20Title

I'm too lazy to ever change my username.

Gender: Male

Location: Germanifornia

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2016 9:25 pm

Posts: 22

Meowzy wrote:
As far as I know, it hasn't been confirmed by Namco that we're getting it. To be honest, I don't think they'd want to waste the money on the voice acting just for some advertising, considering what a lousy job they've been doing with promoting the game to begin with.


As far as I know, a dubbed version of the anime prologue has already been shown at Anime Expo, they just haven't uploaded it anywhere yet.
Re: Prologue Anime Trailer in English?Topic%20Title
User avatar

Ace Fangirl

Gender: Female

Location: The Netherlands

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Wed Jun 01, 2016 12:08 pm

Posts: 246

Whoah, are you serious? That's amazing! Did they actually get the entire voice cast from the game together for it?

Edit: Hm... Every single bit of coverage on the Ace Attorney panel from Anime Expo I can find only mentions the Maya-centric trailer, plus some character info.
Re: Prologue Anime Trailer in English?Topic%20Title

I'm too lazy to ever change my username.

Gender: Male

Location: Germanifornia

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2016 9:25 pm

Posts: 22

Meowzy wrote:
Whoah, are you serious? That's amazing! Did they actually get the entire voice cast from the game together for it?

Edit: Hm... Every single bit of coverage on the Ace Attorney panel from Anime Expo I can find only mentions the Maya-centric trailer, plus some character info.


Well, some photos were taken by fans, and this is definitely the anime prologue:

https://twitter.com/VaguelyHorrible/sta ... 38464?s=09
Re: Prologue Anime Trailer in English?Topic%20Title
User avatar

Doing the drywall at the new McDonalds

Gender: Male

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri May 25, 2012 1:46 am

Posts: 1582

I honestly was expecting them not to bother with dubbing the prologue, so that's a nice surprise assuming that's actually what's happened (it's always possible they just showed off the original one with subtitles). Hopefully it will be uploaded soon. I haven't actually watched it yet, although I almost did today as I finished DD again a couple of days ago and am craving more AA, but I'm also trying to hold off in case there is a dubbed version (since the game is dubbed I'd prefer that even though I generally prefer subtitles to films/TV in different languages).
"I don't call it money anymore, I call it Fuel Units"
Re: Prologue Anime Trailer in English?Topic%20Title
User avatar

Ace Fangirl

Gender: Female

Location: The Netherlands

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Wed Jun 01, 2016 12:08 pm

Posts: 246

Good grief, why aren't more people talking about that? If I'd been to Anime Expo and attended the panel, that'd be the first thing I'd mention.
Re: Prologue Anime Trailer in English?Topic%20Title
User avatar

Doing the drywall at the new McDonalds

Gender: Male

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri May 25, 2012 1:46 am

Posts: 1582

I misread this topic and thought it was shown at Gamescom, but I realized it was shown at Anime Expo, which seems to have been in early July. Because of this, as well as the fact that nobody has really talked about it and that Capcom hasn't uploaded it, I'm almost tempted to think that they just showed a subtitled version and haven't made an English dub for it yet.
"I don't call it money anymore, I call it Fuel Units"
Re: Prologue Anime Trailer in English?Topic%20Title
User avatar

Clarion of Revelations

Gender: Male

Location: The United States of Japan

Rank: Desk Jockey

Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2016 8:46 pm

Posts: 99

I would think that too, but she said the prologue was dubbed: https://twitter.com/vaguelyhorrible/sta ... 4930238464
Also I checked that exact frame in the original and the man talks, so subtitles would be shown, but there are none
Re: Prologue Anime Trailer in English?Topic%20Title
User avatar

"I'm so sick of Khura'in!"

Gender: Male

Location: The localized equivalent of Denmark

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:04 pm

Posts: 1636

D.A. McCoy wrote:
I misread this topic and thought it was shown at Gamescom, but I realized it was shown at Anime Expo, which seems to have been in early July. Because of this, as well as the fact that nobody has really talked about it and that Capcom hasn't uploaded it, I'm almost tempted to think that they just showed a subtitled version and haven't made an English dub for it yet.

It's dubbed for sure. I mean, they just did a video of Sam Riegel talking about being involved in the games. They wouldn't do that if all they had were trailer voices and stuff I don't think.

It's just marketing tactics. For closed off events for fans you always get sneak peeks while to promote the game to the public and potentially broadening the audience you wait to release promotional material until the timing is right and increase the sales potential. I think they wanna make sure there's a lot of building up hype right before the game comes out so all eyes are on it as it releases. All gaming news outlets, Kotaku, IGN etc. will post about the new trailer when it shows.
This is the Dark Age of the Ace Attorney
Re: Prologue Anime Trailer in English?Topic%20Title
User avatar

The miracle never happen

Gender: Male

Location: The Twilight Realm

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Mon Feb 29, 2016 9:11 pm

Posts: 182

It's out now, I posted this on another thread, but I'm posting it here, it's way more fitting:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7gsGg-MPX0
"There is but one last shred of cheer for a soul far beyond redemption: The bitter darkness that lies at the very bottom of this mug."
-Diego Armando
Re: Prologue Anime Trailer in English?Topic%20Title
User avatar

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

Gender: Male

Location: Tehm'pul Temple

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:04 pm

Posts: 1496

Holy shit, my wish came true! Matt Mercer is Nahyuta!

Also, is the Dance of Devotion in English?
POHLKUNKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!
Re: Prologue Anime Trailer in English?Topic%20Title
User avatar

The miracle never happen

Gender: Male

Location: The Twilight Realm

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Mon Feb 29, 2016 9:11 pm

Posts: 182

Yash K. Productions wrote:
Holy shit, my wish came true! Matt Mercer is Nahyuta!

Also, is the Dance of Devotion in English?

I knew someone on the forums thought Nahyuta was gonna be Matt Mercer! I can't believe you were actually right XD
Edit: Dance of Devotion is not translated.
"There is but one last shred of cheer for a soul far beyond redemption: The bitter darkness that lies at the very bottom of this mug."
-Diego Armando
Re: Prologue Anime Trailer in English?Topic%20Title
User avatar

You've been hit by, a smooth prosecutor

Gender: Male

Location: Somewhere you're not

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Wed Aug 13, 2008 9:07 am

Posts: 3382

Saw the trailer on Facebook. Damn Salamati is a piece of shit. Hopefully the game ends with actual trials being allowed again.

Maya's all grown up now. :sadshoe:
Jk. Looks like they're keeping some of her original character though.

The question is will it be enough to spur me to get a 3DS? Honestly I barely play video games anymore. Just don't have the time. But seeing the trailer has made me a little nostalgic so we'll see.
Re: Prologue Anime Trailer in English?Topic%20Title
User avatar

Clarion of Revelations

Gender: Male

Location: The United States of Japan

Rank: Desk Jockey

Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2016 8:46 pm

Posts: 99

Johnny Rotan wrote:
Saw the trailer on Facebook. Damn Salamati is a piece of shit. Hopefully the game ends with actual trials being allowed again.

Maya's all grown up now. :sadshoe:
Jk. Looks like they're keeping some of her original character though.

The question is will it be enough to spur me to get a 3DS? Honestly I barely play video games anymore. Just don't have the time. But seeing the trailer has made me a little nostalgic so we'll see.

Are you talking about the prosecutor? Because his name is Sahdmadhi :p
And you can get a 2DS, they're cheaper than a normal 3DS
Re: Prologue Anime Trailer in English?Topic%20Title
User avatar

You've been hit by, a smooth prosecutor

Gender: Male

Location: Somewhere you're not

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Wed Aug 13, 2008 9:07 am

Posts: 3382

MrCafecito wrote:
Are you talking about the prosecutor? Because his name is Sahdmadhi :p


Oops. I blame Youtube's CC system for that XD.
Re: Prologue Anime Trailer in English?Topic%20Title
User avatar

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

Gender: Male

Location: Tehm'pul Temple

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:04 pm

Posts: 1496

And Nahyuta Sahdmadhi is one of my favorite Ace Attorney prosecutors, but I'm not going to tell you why.
POHLKUNKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!
Re: Prologue Anime Trailer in English?Topic%20Title
User avatar

"I'm so sick of Khura'in!"

Gender: Male

Location: The localized equivalent of Denmark

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:04 pm

Posts: 1636

I already know he's one of my favorites just from the description. A prestigous prosecutor who claims he can foresee the outcome of a trial before it's over and based on the karmic influences of the bad defense attorneys? That's both cool and hilarious.

He's like Godot but more pretentious and that's hilarious!
This is the Dark Age of the Ace Attorney
Re: Prologue Anime Trailer in English?Topic%20Title

Gender: Male

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:48 pm

Posts: 48

I'm confused about this prologue.
Spoiler: AA6
I originally assumed it to be the intro. It's not part of the game, so it's obviously supposed to take place before the game begins. The video description describes it as "the events leading up to" the game. Most of it just sets the tone and setting for the game,establishes some details. But all that stuff about Nick hearing Maya getting attacked being the reason he leaves is just not true. So is it just for hype, as it's much more exciting than the intro sequence? I don't really get why they would use half of the anime cutscenes only as an advertisement.
Re: Prologue Anime Trailer in English?Topic%20Title
User avatar

迷探偵

Gender: None specified

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:27 am

Posts: 2241

OrderOfTheNick wrote:
I'm confused about this prologue.
Spoiler: AA6
I originally assumed it to be the intro. It's not part of the game, so it's obviously supposed to take place before the game begins. The video description describes it as "the events leading up to" the game. Most of it just sets the tone and setting for the game,establishes some details. But all that stuff about Nick hearing Maya getting attacked being the reason he leaves is just not true. So is it just for hype, as it's much more exciting than the intro sequence? I don't really get why they would use half of the anime cutscenes only as an advertisement.


Obviously, the thing was made to create hype. Why else make it? It's the same with the Special Court skits. People like these kinds of things. But it's not required viewing, so it's as you say, just meant to set the mood. And about the reason why Nick is there: that is actually 'canon'. Nick was always supposed to come to Kurain to pick Maya up, only later, when she'd have finished with her training (or almost ready). He comes early because of the phone. He also mentions he came early because he was worried for Maya at the start of the game (obviously, Maya did get a hold of Nick on the phone after he arrived in Kurain, but before he met with Bokto).
"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear
Re: Prologue Anime Trailer in English?Topic%20Title
User avatar

Doing the drywall at the new McDonalds

Gender: Male

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri May 25, 2012 1:46 am

Posts: 1582

I watched the prologue intro the night before the game came out, and I was at first a little perplexed

Spoiler: GS6 Case 1
why Phoenix - who to my knowledge was on his way to find out if Maya's been murdered or not - was stopping all over the place to take pictures. After the dialogue, though, I surmised pretty much what Ash said. Looking back now the "tension" in the prologue was obviously created to work in the context of when it was released in Japan (3 months before the release) so probably most fans kind of forgot about that part anyway by the time the game came out. They did mention Phoenix being worried, but it seemed to me like it was mentioned in there to explain the prologue rather than the intro being written around the prologue.


My reasoning/interpretation of the story (unless it changes later in the game) is that Phoenix rushes to Kurain because of Maya's scream, but pretty soon after Maya does what an actual person would do and calls Phoenix right away to tell him she's ok. Since Phoenix was planning on going anyway, he just goes ahead and heads over there.


Spoiler: Case 3 (I'm on Day 1 Investigation right now)
Although why he'd fly to Kurain 2 weeks before he had to be there for Maya's rite doesn't make a lot of sense - considering based on Case 2 the Wright Anything Agency isn't made of money, it doesn't seem to make a lot of financial sense. I wonder if Nick is skimming a little off the top of the Agency's profits...

"I don't call it money anymore, I call it Fuel Units"
Re: Prologue Anime Trailer in English?Topic%20Title
User avatar

迷探偵

Gender: None specified

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:27 am

Posts: 2241

D.A. McCoy wrote:
Spoiler: Case 3 (I'm on Day 1 Investigation right now)
Although why he'd fly to Kurain 2 weeks before he had to be there for Maya's rite doesn't make a lot of sense - considering based on Case 2 the Wright Anything Agency isn't made of money, it doesn't seem to make a lot of financial sense. I wonder if Nick is skimming a little off the top of the Agency's profits...


Thus starts a new spin-off: Ace Accountant.
"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear
Re: Prologue Anime Trailer in English?Topic%20Title
User avatar

Yatta.

Gender: Female

Location: LA, Japanifornia

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:17 am

Posts: 6136

Ash wrote:
D.A. McCoy wrote:
Spoiler: Case 3 (I'm on Day 1 Investigation right now)
Although why he'd fly to Kurain 2 weeks before he had to be there for Maya's rite doesn't make a lot of sense - considering based on Case 2 the Wright Anything Agency isn't made of money, it doesn't seem to make a lot of financial sense. I wonder if Nick is skimming a little off the top of the Agency's profits...


Thus starts a new spin-off: Ace Accountant.

A game where one must prevent Mr. Wright from losing the agency because of his own silly spending. Trucy is main assistant because this is basically her office. Edgeworth is backup consultant, aka the help button. Athena has job of finding Phoenix whenever he runs off for some reason. And Apollo is just not there.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
Various official AA stuff translations currently in the works.
Updated to include tributes and more to the Yakuza game series. I'm forever trapped in karaoke hell.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com
Re: Prologue Anime Trailer in English?Topic%20Title
User avatar

迷探偵

Gender: None specified

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:27 am

Posts: 2241

Rubia Ryu the Royal wrote:
Ash wrote:
Thus starts a new spin-off: Ace Accountant.

A game where one must prevent Mr. Wright from losing the agency because of his own silly spending. Trucy is main assistant because this is basically her office. Edgeworth is backup consultant, aka the help button. Athena has job of finding Phoenix whenever he runs off for some reason. And Apollo is just not there.


So I got curious about whether a game like that exists and now I'm playing an accountant adventure game published by the Japanese Institute for Certified Public Accountants. Heh.
"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear
Re: Prologue Anime Trailer in English?Topic%20Title
User avatar

Yatta.

Gender: Female

Location: LA, Japanifornia

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:17 am

Posts: 6136

Wait, so is the help button actually a consultant character? And the boss of the firm goes on a spending craze? My mind is blown.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
Various official AA stuff translations currently in the works.
Updated to include tributes and more to the Yakuza game series. I'm forever trapped in karaoke hell.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com
Page 1 of 1 [ 29 posts ] 
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  

 Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Kingdom of Khura'in (GS6)

Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum
Jump to:  
News News Site map Site map SitemapIndex SitemapIndex RSS Feed RSS Feed Channel list Channel list
Powered by phpBB

phpBB SEO