Board index » Phoenix Wright » Kingdom of Khura'in (GS6)

Page 1 of 2[ 45 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next
 


Favourite characters from SoJ!Topic%20Title
User avatar

Wotter boy

Gender: Male

Location: Somewhere, Someplace, Possibly Earth

Rank: Prosecutor

Joined: Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:28 am

Posts: 763

So since the game is about to be released in the west, I wanted to make this. Especially considering many of us have already watched the Japanese version and mostly understand it.

Anyway, who are YOUR favourite characters from SoJ?

Spoiler: Case 3 and 4
Personally, I really like the Aatams, Puuko and Bifuu (and most of Case 3 and 4 in general).

Saara and Malmel's story hit me right in the feels. I love Bifuu's big... personalities and the psychological approach to the trial he brought, and Puuko's genuine oddness and also the fact she's basically a crazy clown but she still has regret in her heart (also she's rather pretty without the wig or nose).

Re: Favourite characters from SoJ!Topic%20Title
User avatar

Ace Fangirl

Gender: Female

Location: The Netherlands

Rank: Desk Jockey

Joined: Wed Jun 01, 2016 12:08 pm

Posts: 125

My absolute favorite is:

Spoiler:
Dats Dinghel, whose localized name we'll find out in a day or two, I'm sure. I just really love his design and his quirky animations. Like that moment where he takes out a knife in a threatening manner and there's this moment of tension, and then he just casually starts peeling an apple with it. Priceless.

Though, I do also have a soft spot for Druk. ...Dhurka, was it? Protective daddy characters hit me right in the feels.
Re: Favourite characters from SoJ!Topic%20Title
User avatar

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

Gender: Male

Location: Tehm'pul Temple

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:04 pm

Posts: 1481

Spoiler: Case 1
Pees'lubn Andistan'dhin. The way he goes from "When the butterfly embraces the mitamah" to FREAKIN' "THIS IS DAHMALAN METAAAAAAAAL!!!" IS JUST HILARIOUS.

POHLKUNKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!
Re: Favourite characters from SoJ!Topic%20Title
User avatar

Wotter boy

Gender: Male

Location: Somewhere, Someplace, Possibly Earth

Rank: Prosecutor

Joined: Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:28 am

Posts: 763

Yash K. Productions wrote:
Spoiler: Case 1
Pees'lubn Andistan'dhin. The way he goes from "When the butterfly embraces the mitamah" to FREAKIN' "THIS IS DAHMALAN METAAAAAAAAL!!!" IS JUST HILARIOUS.


Oh god yasssss
Re: Favourite characters from SoJ!Topic%20Title

Gender: None specified

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2016 9:38 pm

Posts: 46

I love Nahyuta as a prosecutor
Re: Favourite characters from SoJ!Topic%20Title
User avatar

The miracle never happen

Gender: Male

Location: The Twilight Realm

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Mon Feb 29, 2016 9:11 pm

Posts: 173

I want to say Nayhuta will be my favorite, but having only made it to case 1, I think Jesus is my favorite.
"There is but one last shred of cheer for a soul far beyond redemption: The bitter darkness that lies at the very bottom of this mug."
-Diego Armando
Re: Favourite characters from SoJ!Topic%20Title
User avatar

I'm not mad! I...I'm just angry.

Gender: Female

Location: The Bostonius

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:00 pm

Posts: 2775

So far...

Spoiler: Case 1
Another vote for Andistan'dhin. This motherfucker killed me (no pun intended) during his testimony, especially when he went all metal.

"Descole? You don't mean Mr. I-Like-to-Wreck-Things-with-Mechanical-Monsters-and-Dress-Up-as-Posh-Ladies Descole?" -Emmy Altava

Image
...NAILED IT
Re: Favourite characters from SoJ!Topic%20Title
User avatar

heh

Gender: Male

Location: Canada

Rank: Prosecutor

Joined: Sat Aug 02, 2014 9:48 pm

Posts: 756

Spoiler:
I'm not really sure why, but I really like Datz. Metal Jesus is a close second, however.

Lang Zi says: "Localize Gyakuten Kenji 2."
Re: Favourite characters from SoJ!Topic%20Title

Gender: Male

Location: New York

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Sun Sep 11, 2016 3:46 pm

Posts: 3

My favorite would be Rayfa,She may start out as a typical teenager,

Spoiler: Case 5
but she's able to mature and gain confidence in herself, especially after the whole ordeal of her actual parents


I also like Prosecutor Nahyuta

Last edited by Mav12 on Sun Sep 11, 2016 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Re: Favourite characters from SoJ!Topic%20Title
User avatar

Swiggity Swooty

Gender: Male

Location: Hiding from responsibility

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2016 4:32 am

Posts: 491

Spoiler:
Jesus, Retinz, Datz, Uendo, Dhurke, Atishon, and Rayfa are my top ones easily. It's a lot, but they're on an entire separate tier compared to everyone else. I wouldn't be surprised if Nahyuta joined them eventually, but for now he's stuck on the bottom.
Re: Favourite characters from SoJ!Topic%20Title
User avatar

Pees'lubn Andistan'dhin

Gender: Male

Location: Khura'in

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:11 am

Posts: 1091

Spoiler: Case 5
Sarge/Armie and Dhurke are amazing, I thought I would HAAAATE Dhurke, but he's so damn good, also Dats is great
Re: Favourite characters from SoJ!Topic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Male

Location: Japanifornia

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2015 6:24 pm

Posts: 424

Spoiler: Case 1 and Case 3
Don't know if I'm the only one, but I actually felt sorry for Paht Rohl. I think he was a good guy, despite him being a thief and all. He really cared for Ahlbi and didn't want him to take a bad path, knowing that he was from a poor family just like him.

I didn't finish the game yet, so I may change my mind by the time I get to beat case 5; but so far, Datz is my favourite. Seriously, his animations always kill me, but more importantly, he seems pretty attached to the rebels' cause, which is admirable since he's a foreigner.

Image

Gregory... Tomorrow, I'm heading towards that fateful place with your son. To find out the truth of 18 years ago...
Re: Favourite characters from SoJ!Topic%20Title
User avatar

heh

Gender: Male

Location: Canada

Rank: Prosecutor

Joined: Sat Aug 02, 2014 9:48 pm

Posts: 756

Spoiler: Case 5
I don't know why I forgot about Sarge/Armie, because she's a character I never expected to like. I actually fast-forwarded through all of the drone parts because I thought it was silly. After the Mood Matrix and her standing from her wheelchair, I really felt for her.

Lang Zi says: "Localize Gyakuten Kenji 2."
Re: Favourite characters from SoJ!Topic%20Title
User avatar

US!

Gender: Male

Location: Here.

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Sat Apr 21, 2007 4:39 pm

Posts: 490

I don't know if this thread is meant for new, SOJ-only characters, or whether I can include returning characters:

Spoiler: Case 2+4, returning characters
-Trucy is probably one of my favourite characters from this game - I felt she was very poorly used in DD, and found it hard to shake off the 'generic assistant, with added backstory' feel in AJ. The whole 'smiling while performing the sword trick' bit, dropping the facade in the detention center as well as presenting Magnifi's book to her at the end really made me feel for her.
-Blackquill also impressed me a lot - I liked him in DD, but his role in Case 4 was great. In particular, the 'walking towards & shaking Athena' bit and his continual badmouthing of Nayuhta (his putrid diatribe got on my nerves a bit) was really cool


Spoiler: Cases 2, 3 new characters
- Retinz/Mr Reus was really cool - really liked his sprites (especially the Reus-persona ones), and his breakdown was the stuff of awesome
- I liked Beh'leeb and Tahrust, as well - I didn't think I'd like them beforehand (from reading spoilers), but they brightened up a long Case 3. That 'family photo' too, it was really, really nice - not facing the culprit in court (sort of) was also a refreshing change - some of Tahrust's animations were decent, too


I'm only about 30 mins into Case 5 at the moment, so I may change my mind later.
Image

Matt DeMasque!
*Currently playing Spirit of Justice*
Re: Favourite characters from SoJ!Topic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Male

Location: India

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2016 1:38 pm

Posts: 13

Spoiler: Case 1 and 2
I really like Retinz, he's an awesome villain. I also really like Pees'lubn purely for how hilarious he is.
Re: Favourite characters from SoJ!Topic%20Title
User avatar

Super dazzle-frazzle

Gender: None specified

Location: Sweden

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:22 pm

Posts: 6554

Spoiler: Entire game
Out of the new characters I'll have to say Datz. I love that we first get to know him as the potentially dangerous escaped prisoner and then he shows up and is this goofball.
I also really liked Uendo/Kisegawa/Patches/Owen, and Armie although the sound of the drone got on my nerves.
And I grew quite fond of Beh'leeb.

(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)
Re: Favourite characters from SoJ!Topic%20Title
User avatar

I'm not mad! I...I'm just angry.

Gender: Female

Location: The Bostonius

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:00 pm

Posts: 2775

Since I already mentioned case 1...

Spoiler: Case 2
No one, really. I was going to say Roger, but while he was entertaining, he just doesn't fill that spot for me.


Spoiler: Case 3
Datz. That bushy hair and beard, his constant getaways, his tendency to cause trouble and laugh at people's reactions. I've said it before, but he is SO the Khura'in Larry Butz, but funnier. It's hard to believe he's older than Dhurke.


Spoiler: Case 4
An entertaining bunch, not sure if I had favorites. Simon was fun to watch, though.


Spoiler: Case 5
Dhurke, definitely. What a guy. What a show of strength, in multiple ways. Armie/Sarge was great too. She and Rayfa should meet and become BFFs. I'm half serious.

"Descole? You don't mean Mr. I-Like-to-Wreck-Things-with-Mechanical-Monsters-and-Dress-Up-as-Posh-Ladies Descole?" -Emmy Altava

Image
...NAILED IT
Re: Favourite characters from SoJ!Topic%20Title
User avatar

Havin' a party.

Gender: Female

Location: UK

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2016 1:10 pm

Posts: 6

Spoiler:
Datz, Uendo and Retinz, even if I did work out the latter's true identity a bit too quickly!
Re: Favourite characters from SoJ!Topic%20Title
User avatar

Axiomatically Otiose

Gender: Male

Location: Taking the road to the left

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:23 am

Posts: 2794

Spoiler:
I loved Armie! Her helicopter sfx was super annoying though and I praise the team for the in-game options to disable sfx
Also, Bonny has the best design, and I'd like to see her and Betty working for the WAA!
That, and Papa Dhurke was the best. I was thinking through the 1st half of case 5 "We should get more Apollo/Dhurke cases in the future! Family reunions!... And then you find out he was dead THE WHOLE TIME....

Also A VOTE FOR ATISHON IS A VOTE FOR A BETTER KURAIN
This sh!t-head was the best character for comedic relief.

Re: Favourite characters from SoJ!Topic%20Title
User avatar

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

Gender: Male

Location: Tehm'pul Temple

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:04 pm

Posts: 1481

SuperAj3 wrote:
Spoiler:
I loved Armie! Her helicopter sfx was super annoying though and I praise the team for the in-game options to disable sfx
Also, Bonny has the best design, and I'd like to see her and Betty working for the WAA!
That, and Papa Dhurke was the best. I was thinking through the 1st half of case 5 "We should get more Apollo/Dhurke cases in the future! Family reunions!... And then you find out he was dead THE WHOLE TIME....

Also A VOTE FOR ATISHON IS A VOTE FOR A BETTER KURAIN
This sh!t-head was the best character for comedic relief.

Spoiler:
I liked Papa Dhurke as well.

Before you meet Dhurke: "DEATH TO THE QUEEN!!!"
After you meet Dhurke: "What's up, my son?"

POHLKUNKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!
Re: Favourite characters from SoJ!Topic%20Title
User avatar

The Law 'Shark'

Gender: None specified

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Thu Mar 29, 2007 5:43 pm

Posts: 560

I kinda like them all, but after case 5 I have nothing but love for the rebels - especially Dhurke and Datz...such absolutely wonderful characters, both of them! xD
Image
~Beware of the Shark - He'll bite!~
Re: Favourite characters from SoJ!Topic%20Title
User avatar

The miracle finally happen...

Gender: Male

Location: Malta

Rank: Desk Jockey

Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2012 7:06 pm

Posts: 97

Spoiler:
I didn't find too many of the new characters to be particularly likeable, although there were a few highlights. Rayfa was by far the stand-out; I expected to hate her but the investigation during Case 3 sold me on her personality. The fact that she had great character development helped a lot too. I feel like putting Dhurke here to be cheating a little since his character is written in such a way that you're kinda forced to like him to make his death more tragic, but for what it's worth I enjoyed him a lot. Armie was adorable, although admittedly her design is the main reason why I put her on here. Bonnie and Betty were alright.
Re: Favourite characters from SoJ!Topic%20Title

Gender: Male

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:54 pm

Posts: 160

Spoiler:
Ahlbi, Beh'leeb, Bonny and Betty, Bucky, Dats, Dhurke, Ga'ran, Geiru, the Khura'in Judge, Nahyuta, Nayna/Amara, Paht, Paul, Pees'lubn, Rayfa, Roger/Reus, Sarge/Armie, Tahrust, Uendo/Patches/Kisegawa/Owen, etc.

STOP OVERLOADING ME WITH SO MANY NEAT PEOPLE, ACE ATTORNEY!
Re: Favourite characters from SoJ!Topic%20Title
User avatar

Αψε Αττορνευ

Gender: Male

Location: ???

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:42 am

Posts: 2481

Spoiler:
Pees'lubn was amazing. He was the sole reason case one was amazing.



Actually,I find Datz kind of confusing. His humour is okay,I guess. His animations are too OOT,and his appearance in the first trial of case three was horrible,having FOUR extremely simple Moderato testimonies. His appearance in the second investigation was good buildup,though.


What I find confusing about him is his motivations.

He testifies against Maya,even though he could easily absolve her of the crime by saying the abott committed suicide,and then just abandons the court. He threatened to kill Nick if he thought he was police,even though Dhurke wanted a bloodless revolution. And then there's his role in Case 5.

He goes to the professor's house WITH HIS BRIEFCASE,takes his briefcase upstairs for some reason (otherwise the killer couldn't have dropped it on Archie),and then leaves the suitcase behind. Afterwards,he comes to see the civil trial and gets arrested. This is about 1 o clock. And yet he somehow makes it back to Khura'in faster than the MCs,who chartered a private jet btw,goes back in the manhole,then comes up with the firecrackers,then jumps out and scares Ahlbi,right near one of the minister's subordinates. WHAT THE HELL IS YOUR TIMELINE DATZ :meekins:

Hi,I'm Southern Corn,but you can call me SC. My friends are great,and my enemies irate.

Story CrafterSC's Case Rankings™SC's LinksMysterious QR CodeCountdown to the Apocalypse

What is a quadrilateral with one 90° angle called? PM me the answer. Those who succeed get a free cookie! :cookie:
Re: Favourite characters from SoJ!Topic%20Title
User avatar

A Kirby and AA fan

Gender: Male

Location: The Netherlands

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Sat Jan 31, 2009 6:01 pm

Posts: 1032

Southern Corn wrote:
Spoiler:
He testifies against Maya,even though he could easily absolve her of the crime by saying the abott committed suicide,and then just abandons the court. He threatened to kill Nick if he thought he was police,even though Dhurke wanted a bloodless revolution.

Spoiler: 6-3
Well, he had memory loss until a few testimonies in. He didn't know he was a wanted man until that point, and he saw no harm in coming to court. As for the testimony itself, he actually saw nothing (and he says as much when you talk to him in private when he trusts you). He only knew he was there and he figured he could testify for that reason, just coming up with plausible testimony. As for his motivations... There maybe aren't any. He's a typical Chaotic guy (in terms of D&D archetypes). That's also why he acted on his own to potentially kill Phoenix.


Southern Corn wrote:
Spoiler:
He goes to the professor's house WITH HIS BRIEFCASE,takes his briefcase upstairs for some reason (otherwise the killer couldn't have dropped it on Archie),and then leaves the suitcase behind.

Spoiler: 6-5
Why is it strange he took his luggage to the professor? It's not like he could just leave it at the airport. He probably went straight to the professor for obvious reasons and left his suitcase there because he was thrown out. As for the briefcase being upstairs, I don't see why Athison couldn't drag it upstairs. He can't swing it around as a weapon, sure, but lifting it should be just fine. You can try it yourself. Pack up a suitcase and you'll be able to drag it up and down stairs, but it's way too unwieldy to swing around overhand.


Southern Corn wrote:
Spoiler:
Afterwards,he comes to see the civil trial and gets arrested. This is about 1 o clock. And yet he somehow makes it back to Khura'in faster than the MCs,who chartered a private jet btw,goes back in the manhole,then comes up with the firecrackers,then jumps out and scares Ahlbi,right near one of the minister's subordinates. WHAT THE HELL IS YOUR TIMELINE DATZ :meekins:

Now that is something I can't explain. That might be a real Cough-up. (Why isn't there a thread for Cough-ups? I might make one...) Though, I'll mention one thing...
Spoiler: 6-5
Datz was never arrested in the civil trial. He was arrested after sneaking into a doghouse, and quickly let free again when Trucy brought his passport. If Datz had gone to Khura'in right then, he definitely would've been back in time to pull his shenanigans with the firecrackers. But... Yeah... He was at the civil trial, so I don't know how he did that...

Image
Re: Favourite characters from SoJ!Topic%20Title
User avatar

Αψε Αττορνευ

Gender: Male

Location: ???

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:42 am

Posts: 2481

Nurio wrote:
Southern Corn wrote:
Spoiler:
He testifies against Maya,even though he could easily absolve her of the crime by saying the abott committed suicide,and then just abandons the court. He threatened to kill Nick if he thought he was police,even though Dhurke wanted a bloodless revolution.

Spoiler: 6-3
Well, he had memory loss until a few testimonies in. He didn't know he was a wanted man until that point, and he saw no harm in coming to court. As for the testimony itself, he actually saw nothing (and he says as much when you talk to him in private when he trusts you). He only knew he was there and he figured he could testify for that reason, just coming up with plausible testimony. As for his motivations... There maybe aren't any. He's a typical Chaotic guy (in terms of D&D archetypes). That's also why he acted on his own to potentially kill Phoenix.


Southern Corn wrote:
Spoiler:
He goes to the professor's house WITH HIS BRIEFCASE,takes his briefcase upstairs for some reason (otherwise the killer couldn't have dropped it on Archie),and then leaves the suitcase behind.

Spoiler: 6-5
Why is it strange he took his luggage to the professor? It's not like he could just leave it at the airport. He probably went straight to the professor for obvious reasons and left his suitcase there because he was thrown out. As for the briefcase being upstairs, I don't see why Athison couldn't drag it upstairs. He can't swing it around as a weapon, sure, but lifting it should be just fine. You can try it yourself. Pack up a suitcase and you'll be able to drag it up and down stairs, but it's way too unwieldy to swing around overhand.


Southern Corn wrote:
Spoiler:
Afterwards,he comes to see the civil trial and gets arrested. This is about 1 o clock. And yet he somehow makes it back to Khura'in faster than the MCs,who chartered a private jet btw,goes back in the manhole,then comes up with the firecrackers,then jumps out and scares Ahlbi,right near one of the minister's subordinates. WHAT THE HELL IS YOUR TIMELINE DATZ :meekins:

Now that is something I can't explain. That might be a real Cough-up. (Why isn't there a thread for Cough-ups? I might make one...) Though, I'll mention one thing...
Spoiler: 6-5
Datz was never arrested in the civil trial. He was arrested after sneaking into a doghouse, and quickly let free again when Trucy brought his passport. If Datz had gone to Khura'in right then, he definitely would've been back in time to pull his shenanigans with the firecrackers. But... Yeah... He was at the civil trial, so I don't know how he did that...



Spoiler:
When Phoenix accused him,he was arrested,actually. So did he get away mid trial or....?

Hi,I'm Southern Corn,but you can call me SC. My friends are great,and my enemies irate.

Story CrafterSC's Case Rankings™SC's LinksMysterious QR CodeCountdown to the Apocalypse

What is a quadrilateral with one 90° angle called? PM me the answer. Those who succeed get a free cookie! :cookie:
Re: Favourite characters from SoJ!Topic%20Title
User avatar

迷探偵

Gender: None specified

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:27 am

Posts: 2097

Nurio wrote:
Southern Corn wrote:
Spoiler:
He goes to the professor's house WITH HIS BRIEFCASE,takes his briefcase upstairs for some reason (otherwise the killer couldn't have dropped it on Archie),and then leaves the suitcase behind.

Spoiler: 6-5
Why is it strange he took his luggage to the professor? It's not like he could just leave it at the airport. He probably went straight to the professor for obvious reasons and left his suitcase there because he was thrown out. As for the briefcase being upstairs, I don't see why Athison couldn't drag it upstairs. He can't swing it around as a weapon, sure, but lifting it should be just fine. You can try it yourself. Pack up a suitcase and you'll be able to drag it up and down stairs, but it's way too unwieldy to swing around overhand.

Spoiler: 6-5
Take a good look at the diagram of the house: the entrance of the building is "upstairs". So the suitcase was precisely where you'd expect it to be: standing near the entrance. It just happens the entrance isn't on the ground floor.

"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear
Re: Favourite characters from SoJ!Topic%20Title
User avatar

Αψε Αττορνευ

Gender: Male

Location: ???

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:42 am

Posts: 2481

Ash wrote:
Nurio wrote:
Southern Corn wrote:
Spoiler:
He goes to the professor's house WITH HIS BRIEFCASE,takes his briefcase upstairs for some reason (otherwise the killer couldn't have dropped it on Archie),and then leaves the suitcase behind.

Spoiler: 6-5
Why is it strange he took his luggage to the professor? It's not like he could just leave it at the airport. He probably went straight to the professor for obvious reasons and left his suitcase there because he was thrown out. As for the briefcase being upstairs, I don't see why Athison couldn't drag it upstairs. He can't swing it around as a weapon, sure, but lifting it should be just fine. You can try it yourself. Pack up a suitcase and you'll be able to drag it up and down stairs, but it's way too unwieldy to swing around overhand.

Spoiler: 6-5
Take a good look at the diagram of the house: the entrance of the building is "upstairs". So the suitcase was precisely where you'd expect it to be: standing near the entrance. It just happens the entrance isn't on the ground floor.


Oh,really? I didn't even know that was a thing! Thanks again,Ash!
Hi,I'm Southern Corn,but you can call me SC. My friends are great,and my enemies irate.

Story CrafterSC's Case Rankings™SC's LinksMysterious QR CodeCountdown to the Apocalypse

What is a quadrilateral with one 90° angle called? PM me the answer. Those who succeed get a free cookie! :cookie:
Re: Favourite characters from SoJ!Topic%20Title
User avatar

A Kirby and AA fan

Gender: Male

Location: The Netherlands

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Sat Jan 31, 2009 6:01 pm

Posts: 1032

Ash wrote:
Spoiler: 6-5
Take a good look at the diagram of the house: the entrance of the building is "upstairs". So the suitcase was precisely where you'd expect it to be: standing near the entrance. It just happens the entrance isn't on the ground floor.

Spoiler: 6-5
I did know that, and I did think about that, but I would find it strange for someone to leave their luggage at the entrance. It's in the hallway, standing in the way of everyone else who would want to leave or enter.

Image
Re: Favourite characters from SoJ!Topic%20Title
User avatar

迷探偵

Gender: None specified

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:27 am

Posts: 2097

Nurio wrote:
Ash wrote:
Spoiler: 6-5
Take a good look at the diagram of the house: the entrance of the building is "upstairs". So the suitcase was precisely where you'd expect it to be: standing near the entrance. It just happens the entrance isn't on the ground floor.

Spoiler: 6-5
I did know that, and I did think about that, but I would find it strange for someone to leave their luggage at the entrance. It's in the hallway, standing in the way of everyone else who would want to leave or enter.

Spoiler:
It would be stranger for someone to bring a suitcase to someone's home and then drag it along to each room, I think. The professor too had no reason to tell him _not_ to put in the hallway (which, I assume is actually quite wide: if a wheelchair can be moved around, it's gotta be reasonable sized). Unless the professor was expecting someone to come or leave (obviously his daughter was unlikely to be going anywhere), there'd be no reason for either Dats nor the professor to have any problems with him leaving his suitcase there, I think.

"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear
Re: Favourite characters from SoJ!Topic%20Title
User avatar

A Kirby and AA fan

Gender: Male

Location: The Netherlands

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Sat Jan 31, 2009 6:01 pm

Posts: 1032

Fair enough. Like I said, it did cross my mind. I think both explanations are valid
Image
Re: Favourite characters from SoJ!Topic%20Title
User avatar

heh

Gender: Male

Location: Canada

Rank: Prosecutor

Joined: Sat Aug 02, 2014 9:48 pm

Posts: 756

Spoiler: 6-5
Paul Atishon for president.

He did nothing wrong.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abdX3zjq6-s

Lang Zi says: "Localize Gyakuten Kenji 2."
Re: Favourite characters from SoJ!Topic%20Title
User avatar

Cheeky Monkey

Gender: Male

Location: The gloomiest place on earth (i.e. the UK)

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2007 1:34 pm

Posts: 2239

Spoiler:
Case 1: Ahlbi

Case 2: Bonny

Case 3: Rayfa, Beh'leeb, Datz

Case 4: Geiru

Case 5: Armie Dhurke

Image

Mmmm... bananas!
Re: Favourite characters from SoJ!Topic%20Title

Rationally Royalist

Gender: Male

Location: Prague, rightful domains of the most noble House of Hapsburg

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Wed Sep 28, 2016 4:46 pm

Posts: 5

Spoiler:
Rayfa is by far the best character in the game. Great development; essentially what Franziska Von Karma should have been. Meanwhile, Roger Retinz is the best villain in the game; my only regret is that he got wasted on a single case, rather than being saved for the big bad spot he deserves.
Re: Favourite characters from SoJ!Topic%20Title

Game Grumps need to play Ace Attorney

Gender: None specified

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2016 12:41 am

Posts: 12

Either Magic Johnny Depp or Uendo/Patches/Kisegawa/Owen for me. Although I have yet to finish case 5, and I am only listing new characters.

I have a feeling case 5 will change my mind.
Re: Favourite characters from SoJ!Topic%20Title
User avatar

Wotter boy

Gender: Male

Location: Somewhere, Someplace, Possibly Earth

Rank: Prosecutor

Joined: Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:28 am

Posts: 763

I have a newfound love for Datz
Re: Favourite characters from SoJ!Topic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Female

Location: Canada

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:06 pm

Posts: 284

Spoiler: 6-1
I get the love for Andistan'dhin but he just didn't click for me, lol. I found him so irritating! I've grown to like Rayfa more as the game goes on, but since she debuted here I suppose she's my favourite from case 1.


Spoiler: 6-2 and GS3
Bonny & Betty, I absolutely loved them! Reminded me of a much less deadly/messed up Dahlia & Iris as far as their sisterly "bond" goes. And Trucy gets yet another quirky friend in Bonny~ I sympathize with Roger Retinz a lot, and found his story compelling, but I couldn't stand his TV producer persona...


Spoiler: 6-3
DATZ. OBVIOUSLY. I love Beh'leeb's whole character & story too, just the right amount of comedy, seriousness and tragedy in her.


Spoiler: 6-4
This case felt so out of place, but I can't help but love it. I've never liked every character in a single case before! Bucky, Geiru and ESPECIALLY UENDO (and Patches, and Kisegawa, and Owen... :bellboy: ) are just great additions to the AA roster. Honestly I'd have to say Uendo is my favourite character introduced in this whole game right now. Definitely in my top 15 AA characters list now. I was so happy when it turned out he wasn't the killer. I've always had many favourite characters who were witnesses (Angel Starr and Jinxie Tenma to name a couple), so yeah.


I haven't finished case 5 yet, so I can't say for certain who my favourite is just yet. I also like Nahyuta and Dhurke quite a bit.
Image
"Having a place to go — is a home. Having someone to love — is a family. Having both — is a blessing."
Re: Favourite characters from SoJ!Topic%20Title
User avatar

Super dazzle-frazzle

Gender: None specified

Location: Sweden

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:22 pm

Posts: 6554

Spoiler: 6-5
I've come to appreciate Amara more after the game, because when I played I was so caught up in assuming she was the killer and her personality therefore an act. All things considered she is a pretty odd person, which I like. She's cool. And what little we got to see of her as Nayna was funny too.

(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)
Re: Favourite characters from SoJ!Topic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Male

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:13 pm

Posts: 1520

I like that this game featured a lot more characters that had the potential to return if there's an AA7 (like how Lotta/Oldbag returned throughout the trilogy). DD really didn't introduce any non-prosecutor characters that could return for future installments besides Juniper, but nobody from DD ended up coming back in this game anyway besides Athena, Blackquill, and Gaspen who don't really count

But this came has Ahlbi, Rayfa, Datz, and maybe even Armie if we're being ambitious. A really fun cast of witnesses all around

Favorite new character was Rayfa, but that's even before all the character development. Not that it was bad, I thought it was good though just kind of predictable. It didn't really add much to her character just because of how expected it was I guess. But her as an investigative partner in Case 3 and as just a general personality was so strong

Favorite villain was...
Spoiler: 6-2
Roger Retinz, mostly because I always LOVED the concept of a magician villain and I thought the game executed it perfectly


Favorite one-off character was Paul Atishon. I'll be honest and say I never really loved Luke Atmey but after seeing Paul, I totally get the appeal for that kind of character. Paul just worked for me better. Such a smarmy guy and he constantly had me cracking up. And I'm not kidding when I say I think he has the most perfect pun name to ever come out of the entire series. Like that earns him at least two points alone just for the second it takes you to think of what the pun is before being blown away at its brilliance
Spoiler: 6-5
Who else felt bad for him during his breakdown?
Re: Favourite characters from SoJ!Topic%20Title
User avatar

A Kirby and AA fan

Gender: Male

Location: The Netherlands

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Sat Jan 31, 2009 6:01 pm

Posts: 1032

JesusMonroe wrote:
Spoiler: 6-5
Who else felt bad for him during his breakdown?

Me. I even...
Spoiler: 6-5
was glad for him when I saw him patching up his name plate again, and smiling at it. Like "aww, look at that guy"

Image
Page 1 of 2 [ 45 posts ] 
Go to page 1, 2  Next
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  

 Board index » Phoenix Wright » Kingdom of Khura'in (GS6)

Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum
Jump to:  
News News Site map Site map SitemapIndex SitemapIndex RSS Feed RSS Feed Channel list Channel list
Powered by phpBB

phpBB SEO