Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Kingdom of Khura'in (GS6)

Page 6 of 9[ 339 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Re: What do you think of Spirit of Justice?Topic%20Title

Wotter boy

Southern Corn wrote:
But once again,the segment with Simon leaves us confused.

meta psychological manipulation when

Happy Maria

FenrirDarkWolf wrote:
Southern Corn wrote:
But once again,the segment with Simon leaves us confused.

meta psychological manipulation when

Actually,I was more referring to
Spoiler: Credits
The fact that we don't know who he was talking to in the credits. And in SoJ,we never did find out whose father he was talking about,did we?

迷探偵

The characters are always addressing the player themselves in the credits; that has been like that since the very first game (though I think the phrasing in the localized version could sometimes be a bit confusing).
"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear

Happy Maria

Nope,in T&T Bikini was talking to the reporters,and Iris to Phoenix,for example.

And in DD,BQ was talking to someone who wanted defense for their father. Simon then said something about taking the case. In SoJ,
Spoiler:
Blackquill says,"It's hard to get any good service nowadays....right,old chum?" We don't know who this old chum is.

迷探偵

Southern Corn wrote:
Nope,in T&T Bikini was talking to the reporters,and Iris to Phoenix,for example.

That is both misinterpretation on your part and a mistranslation though. Regarding Bikini, she isn't talking to a reporter, she is talking about the reporters and how the temple's doing fine lately because of their visits. And as for the Iris part; that's actually a huge mistranslation in the localized text. She is talking *about* Phoenix, not to Phoenix.
"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear

Happy Maria

Darn it localisation,why do you always have to complicate matters?! :meekins:

So what does Simon say in GS5 and 6 in the credits,anyway?

Bumping up a not very active thread but I just wanted to share my thoughts on the game - I actually don't find it as good as Dual Destinies. As a matter of fact being someone who has played AA through the years I was rather disappointed.

Of course there were a few things I really enjoyed this time: Apollo himself was written really well; one could slowly see him as a more distingushable protagonist with his own quirks, awkwardness and earnestness (not just a chip off the old block). I loved his monologues in SoJ. Also, the divination seance was really exciting for me because it often took another layer of thinking to come up with how the defendant could not have committed the crime. Ah, and one other thing I have to praise is Case 2, it was so solid on its own XD

But then the problems came on XD
Spoiler:
the way they characterised Phoenix to me was really really shoddy. He was unnecessarily immature about defending, and pretty much unperceptive about the cases. As Soj-Phoenix, I couldnt even finish counting on a single hand how many times he said he'd bluff through this testimony, or how he has no idea of anything.

It's honestly disappointing when you think this is the same Hobo phoenix who waited years to lay his trap on Kristoph; where did that enigmatic perceptivity of everyone's motives and activities back in AJ go?! He was still somewhat cool in DnD, but this totally went back to 0 for me in SoJ. Another thing I found strange was his yielding to Maya's kidnapping .... again. Wasn't it established in Justice For All that Phoenix (of course given that majority chooses the option to risk Maya's life) understood the importance of the law above any single person's life??? How can he just choose to go along and "fight against Apollo" when his motives are off in the first place? If they wanted a showdown, a real one would be good... Now Phoenix just looks bad in front of the fresher Apollo (I am not sure if this is on purpose)

The game also pulled off some cliches that were really old eg. the kidnapping of Maya to use against Phoenix, How "impossible" locked room murders are.... Somhow Nahyuta's character seemed like a weaker and naggy version of Edgeworth back in AA1.

And the unmentionable cringe fest that is Case 4.. and How athena just basically depends on simon for help... It seemed more like an awkward attempt to generate some fanservice for athena-simon shippers:yogi:

After SoJ, I would lean towards an Apollo Justice solo game.... :viola: Please let phoenix rest in peace of the brilliant memories of AA1-DD

Last edited by dancingpoppies on Sun Dec 04, 2016 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Happy Maria

I have a feeling that this might be going for a new Apollo game,so don't worry,I think that may be coming,

On the other hand I'm really excited for DGS2!

A Kirby and AA fan

Yeah, I agree about Phoenix, dancingpoppies, though I don't think that ruined the game for me, luckily. The game still had plenty of other merits to kind of compensate for what they did to Phoenix.

dancingpoppies wrote:
He was still somewhat cool in DnD

I didn't really peg Phoenix as a Dungeons and Dragons player...

I like to think that this game is Apollo's revenge after Phoenix overshadowed him in his own game.

The video game boy; the one who wins

Yes.
Spoiler: 6-5
Phoenix goes to a foreign country and is the first one to defend in years; Apollo goes after him, topples the system over and pushes the evil queen off her throne.
(and of course wins over him in court before that)

Now that's the spirit, Justice. :kristoph:
(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)

I do have to say that before SOJ I really wanted a case where Phoenix/Apollo was the defense team. Kind of bland now that we got it, though I do appreciate that Phoenix never helped Apollo during the case in any big way. The developers definitely really respected Apollo this time around

Maybe it would be better if they had an investigation together. Or if Phoenix was the lead defense and Apollo was the assistant?

Still waiting for a Phoenix/Trucy or another Apollo/Trucy case though

JesusMonroe wrote:
I do have to say that before SOJ I really wanted a case where Phoenix/Apollo was the defense team. Kind of bland now that we got it, though I do appreciate that Phoenix never helped Apollo during the case in any big way. The developers definitely really respected Apollo this time around

Maybe it would be better if they had an investigation together. Or if Phoenix was the lead defense and Apollo was the assistant?

Still waiting for a Phoenix/Trucy or another Apollo/Trucy case though

Spoiler:
I agree, them investigating would be great. They have a chemistry that works, but we hardly ever get to see it. I did like them as the defense team, though. Phoenix was rather low-key but nevertheless a good aid that helped out when needed but allowed Apollo (and the player) to shine by himself. For some reason I feel like Apollo assisting Phoenix would be rather awkward... dunno why, though. Also, Phoenix and Trucy investigating would work realy well in a DLC case in my opinion, but they need some time together in general, and badly. They were awesome together in AJ, kinda like a dynamic duo with trollish tendencies towards Apollo. Then they rarely interacted after that.

Happy Maria

I actually do like that Apollo was teased so much in AJ,because it made his comments way snarkier than Phoenix's,and also it felt way more satisfying to get the prosecution/villain to squirm. MMMMM

Something I will always appreciate SoJ for is how completely immersed I felt the first (so far only) time I played it. I think it was due to both the game itself and the circumstances. This was the first AA game I had actively been waiting for and anticipating, and I had just gotten the 3DS shop to work for me so I could buy it only one or two days after its Western release. I skipped a week's worth of lectures so that I could play the game during the weekdays. School had to wait because SoJ was my main priority right then. With my anticipation was fear to get disappointed (I wasn't a big fan of DD but had high hopes for SoJ for whatever reason) but I wasn't, I loved the game and had the time I needed to let myself really get into it. And when I was done playing I could keep throwing my money at Capcom for a couple of weeks further with the downloadable content. It took me a while to completely get out of the SoJ-mode too, because I found myself thinking a lot about it for some time afterwards (coupled with reading other people's thoughts and verbalizing my own in this subforum). So, for a tiny chunk of my life, SoJ was the main thing. Haha, blabber blabber, I didn't intend to write this much.

Glimmerous Fop

Going for Miles wrote:
Something I will always appreciate SoJ for is how completely immersed I felt the first (so far only) time I played it. I think it was due to both the game itself and the circumstances. This was the first AA game I had actively been waiting for and anticipating, and I had just gotten the 3DS shop to work for me so I could buy it only one or two days after its Western release. I skipped a week's worth of lectures so that I could play the game during the weekdays. School had to wait because SoJ was my main priority right then. With my anticipation was fear to get disappointed (I wasn't a big fan of DD but had high hopes for SoJ for whatever reason) but I wasn't, I loved the game and had the time I needed to let myself really get into it. And when I was done playing I could keep throwing my money at Capcom for a couple of weeks further with the downloadable content. It took me a while to completely get out of the SoJ-mode too, because I found myself thinking a lot about it for some time afterwards (coupled with reading other people's thoughts and verbalizing my own in this subforum). So, for a tiny chunk of my life, SoJ was the main thing. Haha, blabber blabber, I didn't intend to write this much.

So true, I can totally relate to that. I also couldn´t stop playing SoJ, writing down theories, listening to its OST on a daily basis, discussing thoughts about the game with my friends, reading other opinions in this forum, replaying cases again, writing down more thoughts. Ok, I didn´t go as far as to skip classes, but still I felt so immersed into the game and I´ve already a playtime of almost 200 hours (part of the playtime was writing a whole notebook full of SoJ-related content). I can´t decide whether it is my favourite Ace Attorney game yet, but I can still say: This game has surpassed all my expectations (it was as well my first Ace Attorney game that I have actively anticipated and played on release day), SoJ made me even more addicted to Ace Attorney than I was already before and I can´t wait for the 7th main game in the series (hopefully with Athena as the main Protagonist!).

Last edited by AchtungBaby on Wed Dec 07, 2016 12:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

That's great! Oh yes, the soundtrack, I adore it and used to listen to it a whole lot as well. I guess all of this is why I feel almost "protective" of the game, like, I want everyone to like it x) Not that it matters to me personally but when I see someone saying they don't like it I'm like "aww :sadshoe: "

Happy Maria

That was sorta how I felt about AAI2 originally and how I feel now about AJ.

I've been thinking that this game developed Phoenix more as father figure than as a lawyer. I mean...
Spoiler: whole game
He convinces a shut-in like Armie to go to court to testify and manages to influence a lot Rayfa's worldview in a very short time-span. Both girls are pretty difficult, but he has barely any problem playing them like he wants.

This is a man that clearly knows how to deal with teenage girls and kids in general.

The days in which Cody could get the bettter of good ol' Nick are long past.

Agreed. I've seen a lot of complaints that Phoenix was too much of a pushover when it came to Rayfa, but this is a man who clearly is well-versed in the terror of a teenage girl

I didn't see him as being a push-over either, more choosing his battles, like nah, not worth the time and effort even trying to win this one.

Overall Spirit of Justice disappointed me. The twists were way too predictable, and the story wasn't really that good.
Spoiler:
Case 1 might be my least favorite tutorial case for how overly drawn out, obnoxious, and just overall dumb it is. It certainly didn't make me interested in the Khurain setting at all.

Case 2 however, was pretty great in my opinion. It just felt like a nice good AA case, though the ending was a bit underwhelming, and I was expecting more Trucy development than what we got.

Case 3 was just... I don't know, forgettable? Mediocre? It was just whatever to me. Especially because of "durr Maya is the defendant again" and a bunch of spiritual mumbo jumbo I had hoped they had gotten rid of already.

Case 4 was... don't know, average? Nothing really special about this one. Just some filler case for Athena and Blackquill fanservice.

Case 5, well. It was doing very well on the 1st part until they HAD to make it a murder, and then ruin it all with the unnecessary "durr we have Maya kidnapped again" thing. And then part 2? Well, it was just... extremely convoluted. I didn't care about Dhurke at all. I didn't care about Apollo's random tragic backstory. I didn't care about Queen Amara. I didn't care about Nahyuta who just stood there and did literally nothing. I didn't care to take down the evil Disney queen. It was just so hard to care about anything that was going on because they decided to shove the entire story of the game into that last segment of the case. It was just an unsatisfying ending all around. Worst part is that they suddenly remembered that Apollo and Trucy were still siblings, and they had to put that little teaser at the end to remind us that they totally haven't forgotten about that loose thread from AJ.

And well, the DLC is just all around garbage. No point wasting my time typing my thoughts on this.Too many useless returning characters as well that serve nothing but just to be fanservice, such as Pearl, Larry, Maya, Ema, etc. They're just... there.

I don't know. I think Spirit of Justice actually turned me off from the franchise, or at least the mainline. AA is way past its prime, and honestly, games like Danganronpa have already surpassed it in terms of evolution and character development.

I'm just one of those people who would just rather see the series die already than keep being milked like this.

1000% Knight

DeiStar wrote:
Overall Spirit of Justice disappointed me. The twists were way too predictable, and the story wasn't really that good.
Spoiler:
Case 1 might be my least favorite tutorial case for how overly drawn out, obnoxious, and just overall dumb it is. It certainly didn't make me interested in the Khurain setting at all.

Case 2 however, was pretty great in my opinion. It just felt like a nice good AA case, though the ending was a bit underwhelming, and I was expecting more Trucy development than what we got.

Case 3 was just... I don't know, forgettable? Mediocre? It was just whatever to me. Especially because of "durr Maya is the defendant again" and a bunch of spiritual mumbo jumbo I had hoped they had gotten rid of already.

Case 4 was... don't know, average? Nothing really special about this one. Just some filler case for Athena and Blackquill fanservice.

Case 5, well. It was doing very well on the 1st part until they HAD to make it a murder, and then ruin it all with the unnecessary "durr we have Maya kidnapped again" thing. And then part 2? Well, it was just... extremely convoluted. I didn't care about Dhurke at all. I didn't care about Apollo's random tragic backstory. I didn't care about Queen Amara. I didn't care about Nahyuta who just stood there and did literally nothing. I didn't care to take down the evil Disney queen. It was just so hard to care about anything that was going on because they decided to shove the entire story of the game into that last segment of the case. It was just an unsatisfying ending all around. Worst part is that they suddenly remembered that Apollo and Trucy were still siblings, and they had to put that little teaser at the end to remind us that they totally haven't forgotten about that loose thread from AJ.

And well, the DLC is just all around garbage. No point wasting my time typing my thoughts on this.Too many useless returning characters as well that serve nothing but just to be fanservice, such as Pearl, Larry, Maya, Ema, etc. They're just... there.

I don't know. I think Spirit of Justice actually turned me off from the franchise, or at least the mainline. AA is way past its prime, and honestly, games like Danganronpa have already surpassed it in terms of evolution and character development.

I'm just one of those people who would just rather see the series die already than keep being milked like this.

You were doing so well, but then you just had to bring up Danganronpa...
Credit to Evolina for the sig+avatar!

Happy Maria

I've heard about that game,but it seemed a bit violent for my tastes.

But could you explain to me (in non spoiler terms) why the story isn't good?

1000% Knight

Well this literally isn't the thread for it, but (imo) the mysteries are obvious and the overarching story is nonsense filled with plotholes and ad hoc explanations that create more plotholes.

Also, it has more blood (although maybe not after DD), but I wouldn't really call DR particularly more violent than AA.

A Kirby and AA fan

Bad Player wrote:
the mysteries are obvious and the overarching story is nonsense filled with plotholes and ad hoc explanations that create more plotholes.

So... Basically Professor Layton?

(Though, there either the mysteries are obvious or impossible to ever find out on your own)

Happy Maria

I'd say Layton is at least emotionally satisfying,and its big twists are laugh out loud moments,but is still overall enjoyable.

Well, if they have to end the main series, they could at least give Athena's arc a proper conclusion. AA7 is a good occasion to do that, in my opinion:

Spoiler: SOJ general spoilers
Apollo is now in Khura'in and his story was pretty much wrapped up in AA6 (aside from the siblings thing), so Athena can potentially have more space in a future game.
She was given an important role in Dual Destinies, but then in SOJ she barely had a case for her to grow as a character, due to Apollo being the protagonist.

So yeah, I believe a game mainly focused on Athena would be great to end the series!

Gregory... Tomorrow, I'm heading towards that fateful place with your son. To find out the truth of 18 years ago...

Bad Player wrote:
Well this literally isn't the thread for it, but (imo) the mysteries are obvious and the overarching story is nonsense filled with plotholes and ad hoc explanations that create more plotholes.

You talk as if Ace Attorney isn't nonsense with plotholes as well and stupid overarching stories.

And I was specifically saying franchise "evolution" and character development.
While AA is stagnated and refuses to evolve, DR is already overshadowing the franchise by bringing new stuff to the table instead of just some new uninteresting gimmick.
But yeah, like you said, I guess this isn't the thread for it.

I never expected AA of all things to get a rival franchise XD. I thought we were too niche for that. Although I think the the mystery visual novel genre and Ace Attorney in particular have been getting a boost in popularity in the West recently. I've noticed a lot of LP's of AA in Youtube, and even some general gaming shows like Honest Game Trailers and Game Theory talking about it.

"I'm so sick of Khura'in!"

Hi, I haven't been here in a while, but had one of those "wonder what's happening in Ace Attorney world right now" moments and ended up here again.

I think after half a year of digestion and reflection I can safely say that I found SoJ to be more or less what I expected and that almost means it was more or less on the same level of DD but my reaction to it has not been quite as impulsive because I had already set my expectations as opposed to believing we were getting an honest return to form in the vein of the Trilogy.

Once agian, it felt like the story had some serious potential but towards the end it seemed to take the simpler, more straightforward approach to resolving mysteries instead of bringing it to another level. I mostly enjoyed it even if much of it was fairly long in the tooth but thinking about it right now it's one of those games where I'm not sure I'll ever replay it. It happened with DD despite me not liking it, so who knows but the only incentive would be to re-experience a story I already know I won't care too much about after it's over.

The strangest thing about this game is its focus I felt. DD had the problem of creating a lofty premise and then not even addressing that properly (dark age of law) and this game has a very Apollo-centric story in store for you but never really makes that clear until you're reaching case 5 and then it comes off more as "oh, okay, this is about Apollo actually" but it didn't feel like it was being built towards narratively. It just kind of happened and some of the bigger revelations are strangey, as is the "fate" of Apollo in the game in my view because he's been known to fans as this youthful, modern attorney but ends up in Khura'in to fight injustice in an almost feudal setting. It feels like a clash of what Ace Attorney can be. I know that's kind of a joke when this series literally bends its rules constantly by always going more and more over the top, but I feel stylistically and perhaps tonally they're crossing the line at this point.

All in all, I've felt very meh about this game but remember that I did enjoy it especially for its presentation and I'll probably be on board for future games as well, but I feel as though I have to compromise a bit to enjoy these more recent games. I just don't think the series is for me anymore. The first three games really spoke to me and since then it's slowly but steadily detatched itself from the sensibilities that I resonate with.
This is the Dark Age of the Ace Attorney

Quote:
this game has a very Apollo-centric story in store for you but never really makes that clear until you're reaching case 5 and then it comes off more as "oh, okay, this is about Apollo actually" but it didn't feel like it was being built towards narratively

Spoiler: Just in case, entire game
I don't disagree with this but I actually liked that... perhaps twist isn't the right word, but... realization? The thing with the photograph in case three came really out of the blue and Phoenix' reaction to it was oddly unsurprised and casual (which I found hilarious, but I had already spoiled myself on that part of the story so I can't say how I'd feel about that otherwise). It felt to me like a circling story, starting off with Phoenix off in Khura'in doing his thing and Apollo and Athena doing theirs in Japanifornia with a pretty normal, by AA-standards, case and the overall story and setting is just vaguely outlined and then things start spinning, drawing closer and closer to the central part of the story and boom! Shit goes down and shit is revealed and you start to get a feeling about what the story is all about. I thought it was neat. But then again I can understand if people don't like it, and I have no idea if my opinions would have been somewhat different had I started playing with no knowledge of some pretty big twists and turns.

Quote:
as is the "fate" of Apollo in the game in my view because he's been known to fans as this youthful, modern attorney but ends up in Khura'in to fight injustice in an almost feudal setting.

Spoiler:
I've been thinking about this as well. He always came across to me as a modern city-kind of person, I have a hard time picturing him living and working in this kind of setting. Still, he has connections to the place, and a new ruler and no DC act will probably make a huge difference. Also, it didn't seem like he intended to live there permanently but rather carry the legacy a little further and help set a new legal system in motion, then going back to Japanifornia. And apart from his connections I can kinda see why he'd do that. Like Edgeworth, Apollo seems to be very passionate about law in itself.

Enoshima Junko-chan!

linkenski wrote:
The strangest thing about this game is its focus I felt. DD had the problem of creating a lofty premise and then not even addressing that properly (dark age of law) and this game has a very Apollo-centric story in store for you but never really makes that clear until you're reaching case 5 and then it comes off more as "oh, okay, this is about Apollo actually" but it didn't feel like it was being built towards narratively. It just kind of happened and some of the bigger revelations are strangey, as is the "fate" of Apollo in the game in my view because he's been known to fans as this youthful, modern attorney but ends up in Khura'in to fight injustice in an almost feudal setting. It feels like a clash of what Ace Attorney can be. I know that's kind of a joke when this series literally bends its rules constantly by always going more and more over the top, but I feel stylistically and perhaps tonally they're crossing the line at this point.

That's my view too, and I'm conflicted on how I feel about it. On one hand, I like it when plots make you expect one thing but deliver another. In this case, we were lead to believe that Phoenix was the one revolutionizing the system, but Apollo is the one with the connections to the major characters in Khura'in. Though how that was executed left a lot to be desired. The game did a great job at establishing the Apollo/Dhurke relationship, but not with Nahyuta or Khura'in in general.
On the other hand, I think it's the same issue people had with DD (Why does this game have Phoenix Wright in the title but is clearly about Athena?). I think that's the best way they can sell these games. Put Phoenix on the cover and logo, but give the attention to someone else.

I think my big problem with Nayuta is that he really, really pushed in terms of the prosecutor being connected to the main character

It makes sense in PW:AA that Phoenix and Edgeworth wouldn't talk about the good old days because Edgeworth had ignored him every time Phoenix tried to contact him

Spoiler:
Apollo hadn't seen Nayuta in years and they were practically brothers. I can see Nayuta not saying anything but if I were Apollo, I'd try to find Nayuta as soon as I heard his name during the investigation. And I wouldn't just treat the trial like any other one until the defendant lobby at the end. I understand the game wanted to hold its cards to its chest with the twist for Case 3, but the brother vs brother trial lost all impact because we didn't know of it. And then they remove Nayuta as the opponent for Case 5 :/

@Linkenski
Spoiler:
I think his decision to stay in Khurain at the end was perfect and I'd actually really question the writing if he had went back to Japanifornia. He doesn't know he and Trucy are siblings and Nayuta's the only family he has left and rebuilding Khurain is like carrying a part of his father with him. I think it was really sweet.

I understand if you didn't feel it emotionally (I almost teared up when his theme played at the end) but that's way better than him going back home because he still thinks he has a lot to learn from Mr. Wright.

I liked Apollo in DD and was glad he wasn't ignored but this game made Apollo such an amazing character that he pretty much toppled almost all the AA great characters in my eyes

@GoingForMiles
Spoiler:
I wasn't spoiled on it and I thought it was kind of interesting, but not that shocking. Felt a little forced to make the rebel leader his father actually

But yes, Phoenix's reaction was very undersold. Literally from the game

*recognizing Nayuta*
"PROSECUTOR SADMADHI IS DHURKE'S SON?!"

*recognizing Apollo*
"(Wait a second, that IS Apollo! The bracelet and everything!)"

1000% Knight

JesusMonroe wrote:
I think my big problem with Nayuta is that he really, really pushed in terms of the prosecutor being connected to the main character

You've got it backwards. Apollo is the one who's really, really pushed in terms of being connected to the prosecutor/plot. Nayuta fits right into Khura'in. Polly had an entire country retconned into his backstory.

Wotter boy

I really had to suspend my disbelief when I learned that Apollo was connected to Khura'in.
It wasn't BAD, like, Dhurke+Apollo was handled really nice to me, but it just came completely out of left field to me.

Happy Maria

Yeah really,that twist was a so bad it's good thing in terms of disbelief. Still was emotionally satisfying though,despite the weirdness of it.

It's pretty obvious that they had already the idea about Khura'in and added Apollo's role later after his unexpected increase in popularity after DD. The ridiculously nonchalant ways his connections were handled did make me laugh at first, but I think it turned out pretty decently in the end.

Now, I've been thinking about what my big problem with Nayhuta was. Since the only other prosecutor I felt so meh with was Klavier and they're completely different characters, I've been looking for things they have in common, and I've reached the conclusion that my real problem with them is that they don't really engage in the courtroom antics. Godot and Blackquill constantly contribute to the witnesses's shenanigans with their own jokes and whatnot, and Franziska and Edgeworth usually get dragged into it or get mad and try to bring order. But Klavier and Nayhuta almost never react to anything. They stand there and sometimes call a witness or remind us of their gimmick (rock with Klavier, religion with Nayhuta). They're like those actors that clearly don't care about the movie they're in. They don't do anything to make the trial sections more interesting, and that makes them forgettable to me.

JesusMonroe:
Spoiler:
Precisely, that huge shock about Nahyuta being Dhurke's son and then "oh, and Apollo too, I like Apollo" made me laugh because it was so odd, but if I had found out about it at that moment I'd probably be more confused than anything.

I never had a problem with his backstory since it had been more or less a blank slate until now, and he clearly doesn't wanna talk about it or even think about it. He took Nahyuta's advice.

Luck: I dunno, I think Klavier engages in his own way. Reacts to twists and weird witnesses, but in a pretty chill way, makes a little wax poetry, flirts with/teases Apollo and has a good time. I don't think that is less contributing to the atmosphere itself just because he doesnt't take part in turning it into chaos. At least that's the main difference I can think of between his and the previous ones courtroom antics. As for Nahyuta, I think it fits his character to kinda just stand there with a pokerface. Which makes his character overall less engaging, but I still think there's something kinda amusing and endearing about that.

Bad Player wrote:
JesusMonroe wrote:

You've got it backwards. Apollo is the one who's really, really pushed in terms of being connected to the prosecutor/plot. Nayuta fits right into Khura'in. Polly had an entire country retconned into his backstory.

Well yeah. I do think Nayuta's a fine character besides his almost non-existent relationship with Apollo. And Apollo's retconned backstory is probably my least favorite part of the game (though like others, it's more acceptable because they handled it well in the story afterwards, at least in my opinion)

Luck: I think that's exactly what bothers me about him too.

Even when Ga'ran's like "You can take over the prosecution now", he says about just as much as he had when he wasn't the prosecutor...

He's also responsible for one of the most frustrating prosecutor arguments in the series

*early in the trial*
Prosecution: Ha! Absolutely ridiculous to suggest Inga was channeled! There are no spirit channelers in Khur'ain except the queen!

*later in the trial*
Prosecution: Your theory has a hole, defense. You can't prove there ISN'T another spirit medium in Khur'ain [that has a motive to kill Inga and could get into the royal tomb and knew about his condition >.> ] so accusing Amara based on process of elimination is ridiculous
Page 6 of 9 [ 339 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Kingdom of Khura'in (GS6)