Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Kingdom of Khura'in (GS6)

Page 1 of 1[ 10 posts ]

You are in an alternate history...Topic%20Title

It seems every AA game is now made with SOJ's engine. What are some of the new breakdowns?

SOJ gave some amazing breakdowns that really highlighted the character flaws of the villains
Spoiler: SOJ
with special mention to Roger's, Paul's, and Nichody's. They really exploited the engine to its full extent with these

Yeah yeah I know some of the old breakdowns are classic like Von Karma's wall-slam but I'm still curious to see what you guys think some alternate breakdowns could be and improved breakdowns for the characters that had really disappointing ones

The point of this thread isn't for people to talk about how they prefer the simple breakdowns of the pre-3D days. It's just to be creative and have some fun
Re: You are in an alternate history...Topic%20Title

Redd White: Instead of having the list read to him, he gets it thrown at his face like in the anime and reads it himself. Asking where Phoenix got that list, Mia tells White that she remembers every single name written on the list. White looks at her and recognizes her, realizing that even in death, she would still triumph over him and in anger and anguish, rips the list to pieces. Mia asks him if he'd like a reminder, and then she and Phoenix start listing the names only for White to repeatedly yell at them to stop with a loud scream and is reduced to a whimpering mess.

Matt Engarde: He slowly starts shaking fearfully on the stand, the background changing to a scene of a broadcast of the Nickel Samurai - that is abruptly cut off with a news broadcast that he's let off for his involvement in Celeste Inpax's suicide. It slowly fades away, but everywhere Engarde now looks he sees Shelly de Killer - in the gallery stands, at the defense bench, at the prosecution bench, at the judge's bench, and even behind him on the witness stand. After trying to plead for his life, a skyward shot of him screaming and scratching at his face takes place as he confesses his guilt.

Dahlia Hawthorne: I feel like her exorcism in 3-5 would be amazing with the new graphics. Instead of the screen simply turning black, the exorcism is viewed from different angles of the court, circling around Dahlia as she is slowly pushed out of Maya's body while struggling to remain. The lights dim and flicker in the courtroom, her spirit fluorescent before it slowly burns away in blue flames. With a last ditch effort, she grasps towards Mia before disappearing, a skyward view of the witness stand showing the blue magatama flames she left behind, before they too disappear.

I'm fine and ready for justice!

Spoiler: Final Culprits
Manfred von Karma: Squeezes his shoulder while getting flashbacks to DL-6 that keep flashing quicker and quicker to the point where Manfred lets out a scream and finally slams his head against the wall.
Matt Engarde: Clawing his face with blood splattering on the camera while it captures the moment from different viewpoints.
Kristoph Gavin: While he's repeating "Wright" to himself, his attorney's badge appears on his lapel, the diary page appears on the stand next to him, and a faint image of his black Psyche-Locks appear in the background and when he finally breaks down, the badge and page burn up in a flash and the Psyche-Locks shake until the screen turns white, when you finally hear them break.

Sorry for the list being so short and non-creative, I couldn't think of anything else and I'm not one who can imagine these sort of things in my head so enjoy what you can.

Edit: The guy above me nailed it right on the head for Engarde, honestly. :redd:
If you need a defense attorney, come talk to me! I just...can't take any cases that are in real life...it has to be on Miiverse. But I'm a justice-seeking warrior who wins every time, like Mr. Fine over there! Well, as long as you're not guilty. In Justice We Trust!

This! Is! SPARDA!!!!!

While I personally think most of the breakdowns work exquisitely well, especially given the medium they have to work with, there is one I think could be much better if done in the same manner as Spirit of Justice.

Spoiler: 3-5, 6-5
After seeing Ga'ran's breakdown due to her utter failure to channel the Holy Mother, I thought about how it could be applied to a certain demonic bitch. Dahlia's exorcism is already spectacularly done with the sprites, but the 3D models would add so much potential. It could show her struggling to maintain control as her past crimes finally catch up with her, similar to Rayfa's panic attack but with more anger. Once her spirit has left Maya's body, we see her flitting about angrily through scenes depicting each of her crimes and how they went wrong, giving her spiel about how she's not ready to go. Gradually, she becomes more frantic, giving out one last ghastly shriek as her spirit finally dissipates over an image of a triumphant Mia. Finally, the camera pans down to Maya, exhausted, as she slumps to the floor.

How's that?
Rule number one of lawyer stuff: if it's in the court record, it's gonna show up in the trial.

Happy Maria

Alita's would be her feathers carrying her up to heaven,but she falls back down and faints.

Spoiler: DGS case 1
so basically like Jezail's breakdown

A Kirby and AA fan

Am I the only one who actually likes it when it was simple and not too "grand" in the first few games? I surely love grandiose and theatrical breakdowns like we have in SoJ, but the simple ones also have their own charm, and I don't think I'd personally like to see those updated, alternate universe or not

Happy Maria

Yeah, I agree. The old ones did all that needed to be done

And while we're still on the topic of 'simplicity>complicatedness',I feel that the simpler cases (1-3,6-4,4-1) are some of my personal favourites

Clarion of Revelations

Aeliren wrote:
Matt Engarde: He slowly starts shaking fearfully on the stand, the background changing to a scene of a broadcast of the Nickel Samurai - that is abruptly cut off with a news broadcast that he's let off for his involvement in Celeste Inpax's suicide. It slowly fades away, but everywhere Engarde now looks he sees Shelly de Killer - in the gallery stands, at the defense bench, at the prosecution bench, at the judge's bench, and even behind him on the witness stand. After trying to plead for his life, a skyward shot of him screaming and scratching at his face takes place as he confesses his guilt.

Of all the suggestions so far, this is by far my favorite.
It would be very creepy!

Nurio wrote:
Am I the only one who actually likes it when it was simple and not too "grand" in the first few games? I surely love grandiose and theatrical breakdowns like we have in SoJ, but the simple ones also have their own charm, and I don't think I'd personally like to see those updated, alternate universe or not

JesusMonroe wrote:
The point of this thread isn't for people to talk about how they prefer the simple breakdowns of the pre-3D days. It's just to be creative and have some fun

A Kirby and AA fan

Heh, I figured that might come up. I still think it's a fair question to ask, since I am curious what people think. But if you really don't want that here, then alright.
Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Kingdom of Khura'in (GS6)