Board index » Phoenix Wright » Neo Olde Tokyo

Page 1 of 3[ 113 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Ace Attorney Anime DiscussionTopic%20Title

Wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey...

Since the Ace Attorney anime is slated to come out in April 2016, I thought it would be appropriate to start discussing what people would like to see in the anime.

For starters, as far as casting is concerned, I'm hoping we get Norio Wakamoto as the Judge and Mugihito as von Karma. More so the latter than the former (although Norio Wakamoto would probably work for von Karma, or even Gant for that matter). Not sure who should voice Phoenix and Edgeworth though, although I can sort of hear Sayaka Ohara as Mia and Tomokazu Sugita as Godot.

Assuming there's an English cast, after seeing a video with von Karma lip syncing to something sung by Judge Frollo in The Hunchback of Notre Dame, I almost want Tony Jay to voice him (although it'll never happen). The only other casting decision I can think of would be J. Michael Tatum as Kristoph Gavin, even though that's a ways off yet (unless they introduce him early).

EDIT: I also read somewhere that Jennifer Hale would be a good choice to play Franziska, which I have to say is a pretty dead-on casting choice.
Re: Ace Attorney Anime DiscussionTopic%20Title

☆☆☆ Kira ☆☆☆

TheDoctor wrote:
Since the Ace Attorney anime is slated to come out in April 2016, I thought it would be appropriate to start discussing what people would like to see in the anime.

For starters, as far as casting is concerned, I'm hoping we get Norio Wakamoto as the Judge and Mugihito as von Karma. More so the latter than the former (although Norio Wakamoto would probably work for von Karma, or even Gant for that matter). Not sure who should voice Phoenix and Edgeworth though, although I can sort of hear Sayaka Ohara as Mia and Tomokazu Sugita as Godot.

Kaji Yuuki as Phoenix.
Takehito Koyasu as Edgeworth.
Hanazawa Kana as Maya.
Matsuoka Yoshitsugu as the Buttz.
Fumihiko Tachiki as Gumshoe.
Hayami Saori every other female character.

JoJo references, Cornered, and boobs.
Done. AOTY. GG everyone go home. That's all I want, and that's all I need.
#somewhatserious
I'm Blak, and I have shit taste.

Racing through the sky like a Missile

Blak The Great wrote:
JoJo references, Cornered, and boobs.

In other words... same as the game?

I really hope it's not just a rehash of the game. We already got a live action movie for that. If anything, I'm hoping that Missile will be much more relevant.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com

Daisuke Ono/Toshinobu Iida/Schinichiro Miki for Edgeworth (Iida could be a good Blackquill actually, but I don't think the anime will get that far. Either of them could also be Kristoph probably...)

Masanori Ikeda for Von Karma

Fumiko Orikasa for Mia

Mamiko Noto for Maya?

And her name is escaping me but Ed's seiyuu from FMAB could be a good Apollo

As for English cast, while I wasn't the biggest Death Note fan, I think Brad Swaille could make a great Nick. Maybe Ed Blaylock for Gant if 1-5 gets covered? Or maybe he'd be a better Von Karma? Travis Willingham could also do a solid Godot

I know people do like to shit on Troy Baker, Johnny Yong Bosch, Travis Willingham, Laura Bailey and the like, but voice acting is incredibly hard work and while I don't have anybody specific for them in mind (except maybe Troy Baker as Blackquill since I liked his single line-read in the trailer), I do think they could also do some quality work

I don't know many voice actors, though :p

If they can get Troy Baker for Blackquill again, I'm all for that, since his performance was arguably the best in Dual Destinies (although, I personally don't see what people have against his voice aside from oversaturation, maybe).

The idea of Brad Swaile as Phoenix is kind of interesting, I think it could possibly work. Ed Blaylock also has one of the most underused voices in anime, if you ask me. I could definitely see him as von Karma. Not sure about Willingham as Godot though, I'd have to hear it to be convinced.

Daisuke Ono as Edgeworth doesn't sound like too bad of a choice, actually. And I like Mamiko Noto's voice, although I'm not sure I can hear her as Maya. I'd probably be fine with it, I just need more convincing.

Speaking of the Fey clan, Yukari Tamura would probably do great as Pearl.

Gettin' Old!

I'd like it to redo the cases from the games and maybe some from the manga if possible.

Of course cool new filler cases as well but I imagine this will end up pretty slice-of-lifey.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

I'm just hoping they don't water down the cases too much. Also, keep the fanservice to a minimum if the game didn't already have it there, and please, no filler beach or pool episodes. It just wouldn't fit with the setting.

The Real Human Being

BeachEpisodeBeachEpisodeBeachEpisodeBeachEpisodeBeachEpisodeBeachEpisodeBeachEpisodeBeachEpisodeBeachEpisodeBeachEpisodeBeachEpisodeBeachEpisodeBeachEpisodeBeachEpisodeBeachEpisodeBeachEpisodeBeachEpisodeBeachEpisodeBeachEpisodeBeachEpisodeBeachEpisodeBeachEpisodeBeachEpisodeBeachEpisodeBeachEpisodeBeachEpisodeBeachEpisodeBeachEpisode

Spoiler:
Beach Episode

You are forgetting a 'BeachEpisode'. BeachEpisode.

Gregory... Tomorrow, I'm heading towards that fateful place with your son. To find out the truth of 18 years ago...

Last edited by Slammer on Fri Dec 11, 2015 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TheDoctor wrote:
I'm just hoping they don't water down the cases too much. Also, keep the fanservice to a minimum if the game didn't already have it there, and please, no filler beach or pool episodes. It just wouldn't fit with the setting.

Is there a special term for the "good" kind of fanservice that isn't like beach episodes? Like how Edgeworth appearing in 3-4/3-5/DD is fanservice

I just think it's weird how the "sexual" fanservice and "a fan favorite character returns" fanservice have the same blanket term

Edgeworth returning is more of "And The Fandom Rejoiced," or perhaps "crowd-pleasing." Fanservice tends to explicitly refer to sex appeal. And, there's obviously going to be some fanservice by default with characters like April May, which is fine as long as they don't overdo it.

I should note I'm not against fanservice as a general rule. I just prefer they don't overdo it or that it makes sense within the story's context.

☆☆☆ Kira ☆☆☆

TheDoctor wrote:
Edgeworth returning is more of "And The Fandom Rejoiced," or perhaps "crowd-pleasing." Fanservice tends to explicitly refer to sex appeal.

No. Fanservice is not strictly sex appeal, and you just pointed that out yourself. Sure fanservice for the most part involves boobs, but crossover-games, elongated fight scenes, and popular characters getting increased screen-time ALL fall under that umbrella.
I'm Blak, and I have shit taste.

Oh, whatever. :nick:

Back on topic, I'd also like plot holes to somehow be patched up. It doesn't matter if they have to change minor details to do it. Cases in point...

Spoiler: 2-1
The idea of the victim writing "Maggie" is ludicrous. He had a broken neck! Any astute individual should have been able to see the whole trial was a farce. So, if they change the cause of death to be something other than a broken neck, I'll be okay with that change

Spoiler: 4-3
Again, a farce of a trial. If the murder weapon was clearly a gun that would have shattered the defendant's body had he actually fired it, they have no business accusing him. So, either leave that part out, or change it to where the damage isn't as intense, and Machi could have injured his shoulder recently, or something.

Beware of the Dog

I'm just wondering... how do you think they will make Maya/Pearl "transforming" into Mia? Because you never see that in the games, and the way they made it in the movie is kinda... silly, if you ask me. I mean, Mia is no hallucination or something that appears around Maya's body and happens to have Maya's clothes and hairstyle, the special thing about her is that she is pretty real. So I hope we'll see a little more of Maya's "transformation". :maya:

Magical girl transformation? Since the director for this anime did so much of Doraemon, I would not be surprised.

...And now that I think about it from that angle, I think I can picture how they will do Larry.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu

A Kirby and AA fan

While funny to imagine, I sure hope they won't go for a magical girl transformation. Talk about a mood breaker!
I think the very first time, you don't even see a transformation, much like in the games. Phoenix just turned his head and saw (who he thought was) Mia. Maya had 'transformed' off screen.

But that's what happens all the time in the games. No one actually sees her transform, least of all Phoenix, so we were hoping to see it done somehow onscreen. A ghostly apparition fading in to replace Maya's appearance could work. Same with Pearl in JFA... just a lot more contrast with the height and the... weight.

A Kirby and AA fan

I know that's what happens all the time in the games.
But I'm simply talking about the first time in the anime. I am certain they'll do it this way for the sudden surprise.

The games do it all the times simply because there were no resources to include a transformation animation. But the first time in the game was intentionally off screen for that aforementioned surprise factor. It even made Phoenix pass out from shock!

Red string of fate tied me to manilla

I hope in the anime they let Mia have a bit more coverage on her chest. Especially when Pearl is channelling her. I understand that the clothes are too small for Mia but seriously she is practically bursting out of them. Yeah, talk about fanservice but... Gaah, can I strangle someone?

A Kirby and AA fan

MoonRaven wrote:
I hope in the anime they let Mia have a bit more coverage on her chest. Especially when Pearl is channelling her. I understand that the clothes are too small for Mia but seriously she is practically bursting out of them. Yeah, talk about fanservice but... Gaah, can I strangle someone?

Uhm. No. I am pretty sure that's illegal. =P
Seriously, though. It would only make sense for Mia to be practically bursting out of those clothes. Changing that wouldn't make sense, so I sure hope they won't.

Nurio wrote:
MoonRaven wrote:

Uhm. No. I am pretty sure that's illegal. =P
Seriously, though. It would only make sense for Mia to be practically bursting out of those clothes. Changing that wouldn't make sense, so I sure hope they won't.

Oh, thank you for volunteering.

I know and understand that it is a plot point(sort of) but for me it has always felt like unnecessary fanservice. A logically it doesn't make sense either. Pearl herself has channeled several times and the last case of T&T with Dahlia was the only time she failed. While the channelling robes are 'designed' to accommodate spirits with larger body type Pearl is still only nine years old... I can't really explain this. Does anyone get my point of the pointlessness of this?

Beware of the Dog

MoonRaven wrote:
Does anyone get my point of the pointlessness of this?

Well, I don't, frankly... What exactly have Pearl's age and experience to do with the fact that her clothes are far too small for a person like Mia? I'm just not sure what you're driving at...

ASCEND

Perhaps she means that Kurain probably would have given Pearl larger or more flexible clothes if she was going to start chanelling at such a young age. I'm pretty sure they even said something about the spirit medium's clothes adapting for all body sizes, but that doesn't seem to be the case when Mia is actually chanelled.
Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

MoonRaven wrote:
I know and understand that it is a plot point(sort of) but for me it has always felt like unnecessary fanservice. A logically it doesn't make sense either. Pearl herself has channeled several times and the last case of T&T with Dahlia was the only time she failed. While the channelling robes are 'designed' to accommodate spirits with larger body type Pearl is still only nine years old... I can't really explain this. Does anyone get my point of the pointlessness of this?

Are you referring to how Mia is the only one Pearl ever gets to channel? Do note that Mia only goes to her whenever Maya is not available. Even when she's sitting in the defendant's chair (2-2), for some reason of respect or whatnot, she can't channel. (I guess she might not have been willing to channel anyone after being traumatized like earlier in that case anyway.)

Don't worry about it in any case. The real fanservice-y one is April May.

Planetbox wrote:
Perhaps she means that Kurain probably would have given Pearl larger or more flexible clothes if she was going to start chanelling at such a young age. I'm pretty sure they even said something about the spirit medium's clothes adapting for all body sizes, but that doesn't seem to be the case when Mia is actually chanelled.

She's a nine-year-old girl. They can't give her robes that are too big for her either.

ASCEND

Rubia Ryu the Royal wrote:
She's a nine-year-old girl. They can't give her robes that are too big for her either.

Of course not, but they could at least give her robes that go below her knees. Or have multiple layers in the robes that allow them to expand.
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

A Kirby and AA fan

Planetbox wrote:
I'm pretty sure they even said something about the spirit medium's clothes adapting for all body sizes

I don't remember this at all. Do you have a source of sorts that confirms this?

Nurio wrote:
Planetbox wrote:
I'm pretty sure they even said something about the spirit medium's clothes adapting for all body sizes

I mean that for example the belt that is wrapped several times around the medium's waist never seems so strangle the person when for example Mia is there instead of Maya or Pearl. It gives in, letting the layers of the robe move as well(thus revealing the chest which is only natural in too small clothes)

*sigh* I feel like I'm repeating myself. I hope I don't need to explain this view more. You guys seemed to find the points quite well.

ASCEND

Nurio wrote:
Planetbox wrote:

I know I heard it somewhere but I can't remember where it was... For all I know it wasn't actually in the game.

EDIT: The reasons above are logical too.

The cape is self-fluttering

Planetbox wrote:
Nurio wrote:
Planetbox wrote:

I know I heard it somewhere but I can't remember where it was... For all I know it wasn't actually in the game.

EDIT: The reasons above are logical too.

It might be a fanon belief, or one of those supposed "Word of God" quotes that everyone swears up and down is true, but conveniently never has a solid source for.
"Descole? You don't mean Mr. I-Like-to-Wreck-Things-with-Mechanical-Monsters-and-Dress-Up-as-Posh-Ladies Descole?" -Emmy Altava

...NAILED IT

The Real Human Being

The first time Pearl channels Mia, Mia makes a comment along the lines of "these clothes are really tight"

new trials maybe some from the manga characters from the manga too
characters from apollo justice? if not only the first 3 games

Hello! Hello! *squawk*

More important question: Who's going to voice Polly the Parrot?

*scribble scribble*

Polly wrote:
More important question: Who's going to voice Polly the Parrot?

I'm curious about this myself, especially how they would mix Polly's squawks and talks. Definitely looking forward to Polly in trial. :yogi:
"People are like books. We've all got a front and a back. You get my drift?"

A Kirby and AA fan

I imagine it's like basically any other talking parrot in a voiced medium.

Get Gilbert Gottfried (Iago from Aladdin).

Okay, I'm just kidding. He'd be far too grating in that role.

*scribble scribble*

Another thing I'm excited to see is how Edgeworth would carry the big bear from Corrida's room. :gant:

Cofftea wrote:
Another thing I'm excited to see is how Edgeworth would carry the big bear from Corrida's room. :gant:

....What?

*scribble scribble*

MoonRaven wrote:
Cofftea wrote:

....What?

JFA Case 4.
Spoiler:
The big spycam bear which was snatched by Edgeworth for investigation.

I'm just kidding, though. I doubt the moment would be animated with him carrying it like a satchel.

Hello! Hello! *squawk*

I wonder if the Blue Badger will seem creepy or not in the anime.

Beware of the Dog

I think that depends on the situation.
Spoiler: AAI
When it suddenly appears behind you with a weapon in its hand and comes closer and closer, that definitely IS creepy. Though the Proto Badger is also a little creepier then all the others in itself, I guess.
Page 1 of 3 [ 113 posts ] 
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Neo Olde Tokyo