Board index » Phoenix Wright » Neo Olde Tokyo

Page 1 of 1[ 17 posts ]

Episode BreakdownTopic%20Title

Ace Popcornator

Does anyone know how many episodes of the anime there are supposed to be? I know they're doing the first two games (and, I assume, based on popularity, maybe a second series with the third? It just wouldn't feel complete without Godot and the conclusion...), but I'm trying to figure out how they're splitting up the episodes. Is it one trial an episode? Because then I feel like the episodes will just feel rushed. So if it's like 15-20 episodes, then there could be multiple episodes per case, but if it's only around 10, then there'd only be really time for one an episode, while fleshing out Von Karma's, Engarde's, and, if they're doing it, Rise From the Ashes.
I will bring your magnificent vengeance to fruition- JUST AS YOU WANT IT!
Re: Episode BreakdownTopic%20Title

A Kirby and AA fan

Well, Episode 2 is called Turnabout Sisters - First Trial, if I'm not mistaken. So they're probably going to split up the episodes in days.
And I believe they announced it'll have either 24 or 26 episodes? Or was that merely speculation?

Nurio wrote:
Well, Episode 2 is called Turnabout Sisters - First Trial, if I'm not mistaken. So they're probably going to split up the episodes in days.
And I believe they announced it'll have either 24 or 26 episodes? Or was that merely speculation?

I think Shu Takumi said the series was going to run for half a year, and considering how long the previous shows in the time slot ran, it is a safe bet that it will be 25-26 episodes.

What is my liiiife?!?

Lets run on the general assumption on 26 eps for now.

There are 8 cases. (9 including RFTA, which I will go into later). Two of those cases would be 1 episode each, because they're just trials. That gives us 6 or 7. If each case is shortened to 2 days and each episode is a trial or investigation segment, that would give us 6 x 4 = 24. 24 + 2 = 26.

Which leaves us with the RFTA issue. On the one hand, I've just shown an easy way to get to the standard 26 eps. On the other hand...

Spoiler: Turnabout Sisters Pt. 1
Edgeworth has the King of Prosecutors trophy.

So who knows. Maybe they'll turn RFTA into an OVA or a film.

Nerd Processor

Gerkuman wrote:
Lets run on the general assumption on 26 eps for now.

There are 8 cases. (9 including RFTA, which I will go into later). Two of those cases would be 1 episode each, because they're just trials. That gives us 6 or 7. If each case is shortened to 2 days and each episode is a trial or investigation segment, that would give us 6 x 4 = 24. 24 + 2 = 26.

Which leaves us with the RFTA issue. On the one hand, I've just shown an easy way to get to the standard 26 eps. On the other hand...

Spoiler: Turnabout Sisters Pt. 1
Edgeworth has the King of Prosecutors trophy.

So who knows. Maybe they'll turn RFTA into an OVA or a film.

Before the anime started airing I actually tried to guess which episodes would be which and I could not fit RFTA into it at all. It's too long a case. I could imagine it being used as an OVA or a film though.

This'll probably turn out to be completely wrong but this was my guess for how the episodes would line up:-

First Turnabout (ep 1), Turnabout Sisters (ep 2-4), Turnabout Samurai (ep 5-6), Turnabout Goodbyes (ep 7-12), Lost Turnabout (ep 13), Reunion and Turnabout (ep 14-16), Turnabout Big Top (ep 17-19), Farewell My Turnabout (ep 20-26).

You could well be right that they simply go for 1 episode for the first cases and 4 episodes for all the others, but I was basing the above on the final case usually being a bit longer. I may have given them too much time like this though.

Either way I cannot see how they'll fit RFTA into the run-time. It's way longer than anything else in the first two games.
My Ace Attorney FanFiction Thread (Last updated: 5th August 2018)

I just don't understand why stop with the second game? The three together tell one big story and it would seem strange to not complete the trilogy.

What is my liiiife?!?

Because no TV network would ever greenlight two entire seasons. Everything is predicated on the first one being good and being watched, then they can get given more. And it would be impossible to fit 3 games into a 26 episode season.

Jolly, Wrighto! Care to go swimming?

:object: :objection: :holdit:
Qoute From Nerdowl------->First Turnabout (ep 1), Turnabout Sisters (ep 2-4), Turnabout Samurai (ep 5-6), Turnabout Goodbyes (ep 7-12), Lost Turnabout (ep 13), Reunion and Turnabout (ep 14-16), Turnabout Big Top (ep 17-19), Farewell My Turnabout (ep 20-26).

Hmm.. You seem to forgetting something *cough*cough*rise from the ashes*cough*cough* :jake: :damon: :gant:

A Kirby and AA fan

RedPotato wrote:
Qoute From Nerdowl------->First Turnabout (ep 1), Turnabout Sisters (ep 2-4), Turnabout Samurai (ep 5-6), Turnabout Goodbyes (ep 7-12), Lost Turnabout (ep 13), Reunion and Turnabout (ep 14-16), Turnabout Big Top (ep 17-19), Farewell My Turnabout (ep 20-26).

Hmm.. You seem to forgetting something *cough*cough*rise from the ashes*cough*cough* :jake: :damon: :gant:

Perhaps you should read the whole post you quoted. He mentions Rise from the Ashes

What is my liiiife?!?

I don't see Turnabout Samurai being a 2 episode case. I could see it being condensed to a three episode case though, Oldbag doesn't really need to be in court (or doesn't need to be a witness by herself) so we could have cody being the main witness in part 2, and then sal and dee in part 3.

Nerd Processor

RedPotato wrote:

:gotcha:

The whole point of my post was agreeing with Gerkuman that there isn't enough episodes for them to cover Rise From the Ashes this season!

Nurio wrote:
RedPotato wrote:

Perhaps you should read the whole post you quoted. He mentions Rise from the Ashes

Yes I did. Also I'm a Girl. :godot:

Gerkuman wrote:
I don't see Turnabout Samurai being a 2 episode case. I could see it being condensed to a three episode case though, Oldbag doesn't really need to be in court (or doesn't need to be a witness by herself) so we could have cody being the main witness in part 2, and then sal and dee in part 3.

Yeah... I think that was the one I was most unsure of on what I gave it on my list. It's just where to cut the other one from. I suppose they could probably fit Turnabout Goodbyes into 5 eps rather than 6.
My Ace Attorney FanFiction Thread (Last updated: 5th August 2018)

What is my liiiife?!?

The major thing is that my original prediction of 1 ep per phase has been patently proven wrong. So it's going to be difficult knowing how they've spread things out.

A Kirby and AA fan

Nerdowl wrote:
Yes I did. Also I'm a Girl. :godot:

...And I should read people's profiles more thoroughly!

Master of sharp things!

Now that we know Turnabout Samurai is a three part episode, I think it's a good idea to look at this again and see if we can figure out the rest of the series structure from the data we have.

First, the tutorial case being a single episode due to its short length. Since The Lost Turnabout is also a short case with a single day in court, it's likely this will be a single episode as well, so that's two episodes so far.

Second, as we've had two "middle" cases so far, and both have been three episodes, lets assume the two "middle" cases from the second game (that being Reunion, and Turnabout and Turnabout Big Top) will probably be around the same length as well, so twelve episodes between the four of them, for a total of fourteen so far.

Next comes the final cases for both games. Considering how long they were in the games and how much went on in them, I'd say an additional episode or two wouldn't be out of the question for both of them, though how many would depend on whether or not Rise From the Ashes is included. If it is, I'd say they each get one additional episode, so four each. If not, it could get bumped up to five. So that'd be 22 total so far with RFTA and 24 without.

And as for Rise From the Ashes, despite being a rather long case as well, I think there's enough fat they could trim from it to make it three episodes long if included, bringing that up to 25 with this case included.

To review:

With RFTA: 1+3+3+4+3+1+3+3+4=25

Without RFTA: 1+3+3+5+1+3+3+5=24

This is all speculation of course, but given the evidence I think either calculation could be plausible. Thoughts?

I've just thought of a good reason to adapt RftA: It'd be pretty lame to have that farewell scene in the train after Turnabout Goodbyes and then have Maya return the next week as if nothing happened. In the games it makes sense because, well, it's different games, but in the anime you need something inbetween to make it feel like time has actually passed, and RftA just happens to be perfect for that, what with all the Ema-Maya paralels and whatnot.

A Kirby and AA fan

luck wrote:
I've just thought of a good reason to adapt RftA: It'd be pretty lame to have that farewell scene in the train after Turnabout Goodbyes and then have Maya return the next week as if nothing happened. In the games it makes sense because, well, it's different games, but in the anime you need something inbetween to make it feel like time has actually passed, and RftA just happens to be perfect for that, what with all the Ema-Maya paralels and whatnot.

Wow, that's actually a very good point!

Happy Maria

Sadly that's not what happened. Here's what did happen though.

1-1,1-2,1-3,1-4,then a filler episode in no.13,then it skips to 2-2,then rushes through 2-3,and hastily finishes with 2-4. What a disappointing first season.
Page 1 of 1 [ 17 posts ] 

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Neo Olde Tokyo