Board index » Phoenix Wright » Neo Olde Tokyo

Page 2 of 2[ 57 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2

Re: Episode 4: "Turnabout Sisters - Last Trial"Topic%20Title

i feel pretty

You're gonna wanna leave the room now. I bet it feels huge in this hand...

The Real Human Being

10/10, had Maya.

I also liked how Redd freaked out, much better than the game's freakout.
Also, those proportions man.

Objected~!

Nurio wrote:
brailey wrote:

I knew his arguments were heavy-handed, but this is ridiculous!

Didn't think the yaoi hands would ever be in this sort of anime.

Putting the animation aside, I quite like how the episode played out. The pacing does leave a lot to be desired but I guess they didn't want the whole "Goku does the spirit bomb in 5 episodes" kind of arc with each case. I

My favourite scene definitely is the one where Mia and Redd face off in court. Mia's "soulless" eyes really sold it for me ... I wonder how the confrontation with Dahlia would act out in this anime adaptation

The cape is self-fluttering

Oh my, didn't realize how lacking in the peen you were, Mr. Judge!

Edgeworth, you're coming home with me tonight.

I didn't mind the pacing of the episode at all. Redd White was entertaining as usual. I lost it when he was all "WHAT-WHAT-WHAT" and smacked his head against the witness stand.

It always bothered me in the game, story-wise, that Maya's charges were thrown out and that was that. I was glad when the judge said "not guilty" for both Phoenix and Maya.

Did it look like Mia and Phoenix were about to kiss in the lobby? I mean, for a moment? Yes, I know the reason Mia leaned in was because she was fading due to Maya's return, but I have to wonder if the animators weren't getting a little shippy there.
"Descole? You don't mean Mr. I-Like-to-Wreck-Things-with-Mechanical-Monsters-and-Dress-Up-as-Posh-Ladies Descole?" -Emmy Altava

...NAILED IT

The miracle never happen

-deleted-
"There is but one last shred of cheer for a soul far beyond redemption: The bitter darkness that lies at the very bottom of this mug."
-Diego Armando

Last edited by Kessler on Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Chronically Unstable

Well, this is A-1, the McDonald's of anime we're talking about, so the fact the anime has poor visuals is of no surprise to me, even if it's a major disappointment.

The miracle never happen

-deleted-
"There is but one last shred of cheer for a soul far beyond redemption: The bitter darkness that lies at the very bottom of this mug."
-Diego Armando

Last edited by Kessler on Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

A Kirby and AA fan

Jean Descole wrote:
It always bothered me in the game, story-wise, that Maya's charges were thrown out and that was that.

Hm, but isn't that how it works when charges are dropped?

So I've been watching all of Case 2 in a row (I've decided that's how I'm going to go with the anime). Here are my thoughts:
Spoiler: This is way longer than reasonable
-The pacing is still pretty quick. It feels like the characters jump from one topic to another just for the sake of it. I know that's how conversations work in the game, but... this isn't a game. They also seem to take in stride a lot of things that should warrant more of reaction (I think it's because of the lack of inner monologue. They could have made something to make up for it at the very least.)
-Why is the Prosecutor Office a freaking cathedral? And why does Edgeworth have all that stuff already? That takes away the fun of discovering that such a serious character is a closet fan of the Steel Samurai.
-Maya's voice is a bit too childish for my taste.
-I can't believe they left out Grossberg's epic clearing of throat.
-I love Gumshoe's theme (or at least I think it's his theme. It's the one that plays when he first arrives to the crime scene).
-The police force has reached new levels of incompetence with the phone. Seriously, it was in plain sight.
-I was going to say 'Who in the world would put jewelry in a screwdriver?', but I realized that Redd White is a perfect valid answer to that question. Well played, anime.
-Nothing sets the mood for a sad flashback better than dramatic random rain. Except dramatic rain with cherry blossoms. Also, that girl jut goes around picking up random kids under her umbrella or what?
-Why so many cherry blossoms!? Is the anime trying to turn up the PhoenixxMaya shiptease?
-That parking maneuver Edgeworth pulls is the most unbelievable thing I've seen in Ace Attorney. He would have rolled over all those reporters if they weren't so obviously part of the background.
-How come the courthouse itself and everything in it is so ridiculously shiny? I don't know how much the cleaning lady is getting paid, but it's not enough. Especially considering all the crazy stuffs that happens there.
-I was hoping to see Phoenix's heart-eyes unused animations since he didn't met May beforehand. I'm dissapointed.
-Episode 3 is so fast-paced that I seriously got Benny Hills vibes out of it. You really need to pay attention at all times to keep track of everything. April May's appearance was quite forgettable. Same with the bellboy. Redd White is hilarious, though.
-Phoenix waits several hours to follow-up the conversation with Maya when he's alone in his office. That makes sense.
-Convenient Grossberg is convenient. And he just spills the beans without the tiniest bit of struggle by Phoenix. I would have loved if they had gone the game route of Phoenix saying nonsense until he confesses.
-That way White seats on his chair doesn't seem comfortable at all. Or maybe the proportions are off. There's definitely something weird there but I can't point my finger on what.
-I laughed so hard at that 'Yes we can'. Thanks Obama.
-Where is the punch? That was the best part of that scene! Also, Gumshoe is fast as hell.
-I know that the Japanese are a polite lot, but do they really take their shoes off in detention cells?
-The animation seems to have got somewhat better. At least in doesn't bother me. Except for some weird faces and the gallery. Oh my, the gallery is awful. Whoever thought the 3D was a good idea must have been drunk or something. They'd look better as peanuts.
-The faces that Redd makes in the murder cutscene are REALLY creepy.
-Those Edgeworth smiles makes me think that prosecuting actually turns him on.
-Phoenix pulls the goddamed Hugh scream. WHY!? And how come that Edgeworth's rebuttals aren't strong enough to send Phoenix flying backwards but Sawhit's are? These guys know nothing about finger-points powerscaling!
-What's up with that golden background behind White? It looks like he's about to transforms into a magical girl.
-Phoenix's first reaction to see Mia is putting his hands in boob-groping position. Sounds about right.
-The ending is still as lackluster as in the game.
-Mia was definitely going for a kiss on that scene in the couch.
-That Steel Samurai cameo is about as random and out of place as you can get. If I didn't know what's it about, I'd think that he's a vigilante that goes around L.A Tokyo fighting wrongdoers.

I think that sounds more like a Cinemasins video than a review, but oh, well...

A Kirby and AA fan

luck wrote:
-Nothing sets the mood for a sad flashback better than dramatic random rain. Except dramatic rain with cherry blossoms. Also, that girl jut goes around picking up random kids under her umbrella or what?

That was a classmate. It's not unusual that if you see a classmate hiding from the rain, you offer them to hide under the umbrella with you.
Heck, that was the whole point of that flashback. How Phoenix was betrayed by a girl who showed him kindness before (you'll distinctly see AND hear the girl accusing Phoenix in the classroom), sort of showing how kind acts don't mean anything and that a person is easily swayed by 'the herd'.

luck wrote:
-Phoenix waits several hours to follow-up the conversation with Maya when he's alone in his office. That makes sense.

What does this refer to?

luck wrote:
-I know that the Japanese are a polite lot, but do they really take their shoes off in detention cells?

Well, do you see how uncomfortable Maya's shoes are? I would take them off too if I were in jail. Note that Phoenix didn't take his shoes off. (Or at least, it didn't look like he did.)

Nurio wrote:
Jean Descole wrote:
It always bothered me in the game, story-wise, that Maya's charges were thrown out and that was that.

Hm, but isn't that how it works when charges are dropped?

I meant that it's not even mentioned in the game, at least from what I remember.

Day 1 - Maya Fey is on trial
Day 2 - Last night's "development" leads to Maya no longer being on trial and Phoenix being put in her place

It's just strange that nothing gets mentioned in court. Not even a "we have dropped all charges against Maya Fey."

I mean, I figure Redd White is mostly the reason everyone is so quick to jump into the next thing, but Maya just kind of gets pushed to the side and forgotten.
"Descole? You don't mean Mr. I-Like-to-Wreck-Things-with-Mechanical-Monsters-and-Dress-Up-as-Posh-Ladies Descole?" -Emmy Altava

...NAILED IT

A Kirby and AA fan

Jean Descole wrote:
It's just strange that nothing gets mentioned in court. Not even a "we have dropped all charges against Maya Fey."

Judge: Since court was adjourned yesterday, it seems things have drastically changed due to the prosecution's findings. Correct?
Edgeworth: *nods* We believed the victim was murdered by her sister Maya and indicted her. But yesterday's emergence of a new witness and new evidence highlights the one we believe to be the true culprit! The suspect is Phoenix Wright, the attorney standing over there.

Sounds like they mentioned it in court just fine :ron:

Nurio wrote:
Jean Descole wrote:

Judge: Since court was adjourned yesterday, it seems things have drastically changed due to the prosecution's findings. Correct?
Edgeworth: *nods* We believed the victim was murdered by her sister Maya and indicted her. But yesterday's emergence of a new witness and new evidence highlights the one we believe to be the true culprit! The suspect is Phoenix Wright, the attorney standing over there.

Sounds like they mentioned it in court just fine :ron:

That's the anime translation. I'm talking about in-game.

Spoiler:
September 9, 10:00 AM
District Court
Courtroom No. 1

-Judge
The court is now in
session for the trial
of Mr. Phoenix Wright.

-Edgeworth
The prosecution is ready,
Your Honor.

-Phoenix
The defense is ready,
Your Honor.

-Judge
Mr. Wright...
Are you sure you're
up to doing this?

-Phoenix
Yes, Your Honor.
I will be defending myself.

-Judge
Understood.

-Judge
Very well. Mr. Edgeworth, your
opening statement, please.

-Edgeworth
As the details of the event
are already quite clear to
the court,

-Edgeworth
today we will hear the
testimony of another witness
to the defendant's crime.

-Judge
I see.

-Judge
The prosecution may call
its witness.

-Phoenix
(That went far too smoothly!)

-Phoenix
(Why didn't the judge ask
Edgeworth why his witness
didn't testify before!?)

-Phoenix
(It's like... it's like
he already knows why!)

No mention of Maya.

...NAILED IT

Nurio wrote:
luck wrote:

What does this refer to?

In the lobby scene after the trial, Phoenix tells Maya 'I have to investigate and find some leads.' Then he appears in his office and mutters to himself 'But I wonder where can I find those leads'. I know it's a pretty common transition in fiction, but I think it's funny.

SPInc wrote:
Well, this is A-1, the McDonald's of anime we're talking about, so the fact the anime has poor visuals is of no surprise to me, even if it's a major disappointment.

This isn't true. There are plenty of A-1 Pictures shows that that look good (even fantastic). The difference in quality between their shows is pretty big, but that is because all of their shows are made by freelancers, and A-1 themselves have very little of their own staff to work on the shows.

As a example of the difference in quality, this:-

https://sakuga.yshi.org/post/show/22527 ... asterisk-h

can come out in the exact same week, exact same day, as this:-

Do you see what I mean?

(Digi's McDonald's comparison was a really dumb one to begin with btw)

Last edited by RoyalTanki on Sun May 01, 2016 12:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey...

Nurio wrote:
cookielawyer wrote:
:maya: That moment when the subs say "Burgers" and she shouts miso ramen

Eat your hamburgers,Apollo

That actually already happened in Episode 2! Around the 12:25 mark.
I just hope that the sub team knows what they're doing. How are they going to solve this when the anime shows Maya eating ramen?

I'll just leave this here.

I liked the previous episode better. My issues with the original case weren't fixed here at all. I'm loving the voice work though, and as wonky as the characters look sometimes, Mia at least looks far better than she did in the game (prior to T&T, that is).

Hoping they at least manage to make a decent adaptation of Turnabout Goodbyes.

A New Chapter of Trials!

DREWdesu wrote:
Nurio wrote:
brailey wrote:

I knew his arguments were heavy-handed, but this is ridiculous!

Didn't think the yaoi hands would ever be in this sort of anime.

At least someone said it before I did.
Eureka!
Page 2 of 2 [ 57 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Neo Olde Tokyo