Board index » Phoenix Wright » Neo Olde Tokyo

Page 1 of 2[ 54 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next

Episode 12: "Turnabout Goodbyes - Last Trial"Topic%20Title

Master of sharp things!

This is a general discussion thread for the twelfth episode of the Ace Attorney anime, "Turnabout Goodbyes - Last Trial".

Summary wrote:
Edgeworth's sudden admittance of guilt in the DL-6 incident forces the trial to continue, so Phoenix and the others must work together to find the real culprit.

Re: Episode 12: "Turnabout Goodbyes - Last Trial"Topic%20Title

I was hoping that I would be able to use this image to describe my opinions on the episode

Spoiler:

But unfortunately, that's not the case. I was very unimpressed with this episode.

This episode was the most inconsistent the animation has been. By that I don't mean that it ever dips bellow the show's worst, but rather it kept flipping between being pretty decent and downright terrible. There's nice shots like this one:-

Spoiler:

Mixed in with shots like this:-

Spoiler:

As I poetically described on Twitter, "HIS F**KING EYES."

Speaking of inconsistency, the show seems to have gotten to the point where it can't even be consistent between single cuts. The cuts where Phoenix was checking Von Karma with the metal detector are immediately followed by him suddenly standing behind his desk again. No cuts showing him walk back to the desk, not even some time in between the cuts, he's just suddenly back there. Have some consistency, please.

It can't keep consistent between the games either. The doors in the games don't have retinal scanning. Ace Attorney Investigations will make sure you know that.

Basically the episode is really inconsistent.

Some parts don't make logical sense. Why is Edgeworth able to get out of the detention center? he is still technically on trial for being the culprit behind the DL-6 incident. And the Judge completely dismisses the disappearance of evidence? What?

The case also ends very anticlimactically, Von Karma breaks down, but it leaves very little impact compared to the games. No head slamming or anything. He screams and then gets taken away. Okay.

Also the scene where Maya got attacked was much, much less impactful than the game. A bailiff attacked her? Really? How anticlimactic.

Speaking of anticlimactic endings. The end of the episode. UGHHHHHH

Terrible music choice, terrible pacing, terrible everything, I hated the way the episode ended. If the staff were running short for run time they could have easily just cut the ED and played the credits over the scene, plenty of anime do it so what's Ace Attorney's excuse?

I didn't like this episode at all I'm afraid. It was incredibly inconsistent and very anticlimactic. I have some hope for next episode though since it's going anime original.

4/10

Last edited by RoyalTanki on Sat Jun 18, 2016 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

What's between the bread?

Definitely an interesting zag to the game's zig. Still absolutely prefer the Maya taser incident in the game but this one worked pretty well. Everyone completely no selling Larry's attempt at a disguise was pretty great, and while Maya's departure was a bit rushed (the show's pacing in general really seems to have some problems) I liked it, especially when Phoenix and Edgeworth really work together. Seeing the handshake was great, and the general physical energy of the interactions does help made the adaption worthwhile since it is nice being able to see stuff like that.

That said, definitely interested in seeing the next episode, and how it will be our bridge into the second half of the anime as Justice for All's adaptation gets started. Last I checked they've still only got 24 episodes, so I'm wondering how it'll all break down for JFA. I am excited though as while I hated the circus plot I love Franziska, Pearl, Maggey and the final case of JFA.

I loved the episode. The animation didn't bother me much in it, the pacing was great, the history change was great. I'm suprised that Edgeworth could go from the court to the Prosecutor's Office without anybody stopping him, but the whole scene and the fact that is was his idea was so funny that I didn't mind it at all.
Larry pretending to be Edgeworth was hilarious, I loved every second of it.
There was finally more interaction between Phoenix and Edgeworth, I was waiting for it for the long time and now I'm happy how it turned out. They both are amazing when they cooperate like that in court.

I'm definitely looking forward to episode with a puppy (I want more fillers :edgey: ), but I'm suprised that they want to make it the final episode of season 1. It's a bit... anticlimatic? But from the preview I suspect that they want also to prepare us for Edgeworth's leaving at the end of season 1. I really hope that they'll omit his "suicide note".

9.5/10 (- 0.5 for animation, sometimes :edgey: )

Anyway, does anyone know when they'll publish anime OST? I love this music that first played when Edgeworth and Wright were going to court in episode 2, I wanna have it :maya:

Programmer

The gag with Larry trying to pretend he's Edgeworth was a nice chuckle, but the rest of the episode utterly butchered several key parts of the story.

To start with, they neglected the urgency to do the trial right there and then. The game made a big deal out of the statue of limitations for the murder. It was even a part of the lake murder motive. They also missed the chance for Phoenix to seem all cool and collected by saying that he was already preparing for this second trial. Then again, that was already butchered due to not having Edgeworth comment on the memory in previous episodes.

von Karma was made much less imposing here. At the end he was looking like an old man who was about to fall apart. And removing the key scene with him personally tazing Phoenix and Maya severely hurt Karma's character. That was a key scene both in how ruthlessly he tazered them, but also in how little he cared for them before. Giving the job to a random policeman who was just doing his job and even then showing it so quickly that you pretty much needed to know in advance what the scene was supposed to be? Utter failure.

Then there is the confrontation in court. It was too easy. They cut out a lot of the obstacles to streamline the story for time. But those obstacles were important! They showed just how difficult the situation was, how Phoenix had to think creatively and so on. They even managed to lower the quality of Mia's advice here.

And of course, they did remove the iconic wall banging. Having his stick fall apart? Pathetic. They really managed to ruin all emotions that von Karma had here.

They also butchered Maya's character here. We can't see her feelings of inadequacy here. That was a key part of this story arc. By ruining the tazer scene they ruined the emotional payoff from it. Not only did we get a chance for Phoenix to worry about her for a moment, they also ruined her chance to show bravery.
They even managed to ruin the farewell scene. Sure, reading the letter over a short travel montage was a good change, but the actual meeting? Did they even speak for a minute? The game had much more dialog there and much more feelings. Completely butchered.

They really fail to understand the implications of each deviation from the game script.

Finally, I normally don't complain about the animation/art quality, but this time was too much even for me. von Karma had too many wrinkles.
Currently working on a redesign of cr.net itself! Come talk to me about it on Discord!

I write to share my madness with all.

At this point the Anime just confuses me.

Let's set aside the animation quality and just focus on the writing. The writing staff can do well. We've seen this happen, like when they manage to make Oldbag likeable and sympathetic, or going the path of the movie and showing just how DL-6 affected Yanni Yogi.

But as has been mentioned before, this comes at the cost of several important canon moments: Gumshoe's big moment in Turnabout Samurai is reduced to more of his bumbling, for example. Even worse, Maya's heart wrenching arc in Turnabout Goodbyes is effectively neutered through cuts as mentioned in this thread.

Some people do still enjoy this, and more power to them I suppose. But my own opinion on this adaptation isn't anywhere near as high as it once was.
I fell into fanfic hell many years ago. This place is my home now.

I've felt worse.

Is it me, or did Maya leaving in this episode feel a bit off? In the game, she felt useless for being unable to channel Mia and she didn't even know she took the bullet from von Karma until she was already at the station. While they kept her failing to channel Mia here, Maya also found the bullet, outran a bailiff, got to present it in court complete with an airbending finger point, and got congratulated by Mia's spirit.
"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls

Gardevoir lover

A lot of people complained about not getting Karma's head smashing for his breakdown.

But honestly i prefered his breakdown here, getting to see the look on his face as his perfect plan falls appart before his eyes felt really satisfying for me.

My DA account can be found here: http://klonoahedgehog.deviantart.com/

The entirety of the second half of the episode got me stuck in this loop of laughing and trying to be serious because it is serious, but it was mostly laughing. (Wright opening the evidence box with that horn and the music stopping, and Larry pretending to be Edgeworth were the best)
The double objection with Wright and Edgeworth was really cool and I was worried that they cut out the taser scene, but I was wrong. I like the new one better because it isn't stuck with the whole, "Wright is an idiot and showed essential evidence to von Karma" (god that took forever to find in the game).

The puppy from the preview looks like Missile from Ghost Trick. Just look at him.
Spoiler: Image

Vendily wrote:

The puppy from the preview looks like Missile from Ghost Trick. Just look at him.
Spoiler: Image

Maybe we'll also see Pesu :sparkly-maggey: ? Just a little dream of mine

Also, I just realised that in the next episode we'll have to cope with those kid voices... Man, hearing Edgeworth's kid voice for the whole episode is going to be really difficult... :nick:

Enoshima Junko-chan!

What I do appreciate is the surprise over the missing bullet. I expected Phoenix to pull out the DL-6 bullet, but the box was empty.

However, Maya's arc was nearly nonexistent. She did a hell of a lot more in the anime than the game, and yet she's still worried about how useful she is? In the game she felt like she failed in every way, and the taser moment was the last straw.

The next episode looks like it's going to deal with Edgeworth's absence in JFA. Notice how Phoenix says, "Edgeworth, are you going to leave us again?" in the preview to the next episode.

A Kirby and AA fan

Well, what can I say...? That sure was an anticlimactic ending... I was really hoping that this episode would be really good, but it wasn't. I could hardly find anything good in this episode aside from some humorous moments. That's all I can say, really... Any specifics have already been covered by others

When no other bird dares to take wing.

I thought it was a great episode over all, with a lot of good moments and a few bad.

The Good

Spoiler:
Just about all the Edgeworth moments were good, big and small.

I liked how he snapped out of his passive indifference when he realized Phoenix believed in him. I'd been thinking all along how little he's actually done to help himself -- even in the games he talked to Phoenix and Maya at least three times and gave them some critical information -- but here it's justified. He's just given up. He doesn't think he can be saved. And then, when he realizes he wants to believe he can survive this, he pulls himself back together and starts to fight again. He wants to die on his feet, fighting alongside Phoenix, and not just give up and accept his guilt.

Phoenix and Edgeworth both destroy von Karma. No tears, no remorse, just the perfect end of a perfectly evil man.

Then there are little visual gags. Edgeworth winces and looks down when the photo of his father's dead body comes up on the screen. His grip-the-arm-and-look-away pose was used. No-jacket, no-cravat Edgey. The way he's so surprised and grateful when Maya takes his side, and when she returns safely. His eyes when he finally relaxes a bit and stops frowning. The "what keychain?" moment when we know he knows exactly where his is.

Larry as "Edgeworth". Yes, it was a cheap laugh. Yes, I laughed my head off.

Maya leaving. I know a lot of people don't like this, wondering how she could see herself as useless when she did so much, but I think that's the point. She was so upset over failing to channel Mia that she couldn't see how much she'd actually done. She saved the trial at least three times, but since she didn't save it the RIGHT way, she felt like a failure. Poor girl.

Phoenix advancing on von Karma with the metal detector held like some sort of weapon. Which it was, really.

Gumshoe covering his ears so he 'won't hear' the plan. And all it takes is for Edgeworth to say his name. He wanted so badly to get his boss out of there...

The Bad

Spoiler:
The rushed pacing took the tension out of a couple of moments. Maya's tazing in von Karma's office is a threat in a second, dismissed in a second, and never mentioned again. There's no time for Phoenix and Edgeworth to get uneasy at why she isn't returning. It seems gratuitous, like they threw it in just so the fans could see someone get the shock. I guess maaaaaybe it shows how ridiculously prepared von Karma is, having someone on watch in case someone went to get the evidence, but still.

Likewise, Larry's turn as "Edgeworth" is nothing more than a cheap laugh. There's nothing done with the intriguing plot thread that perhaps Edgeworth DID run, nor is anything made of the fact that he comes back to face the court and put his fate in Phoenix's hands.

Von Karma doesn't have even a scrap of grace in his breakdown. I'm not sad they took out the headbanging, but I wish they'd left in the last fingersnap and the "Judge, end it now" line as he tries to retire with a vestige of dignity.

No mention of the statute of limitations on DL-6 takes the urgency out of the trial. There's no reason given for why Edgeworth has to be tried again that very day.

There's no verdict given. The "You were innocent. You ARE innocent. It was just a nightmare." line isn't spoken. I liked that line.

Yanni Yogi vanishes. It would have been nice to see him witness von Karma's downfall.

The Ugly

Spoiler:
The art really suffered at times, mainly on Phoenix and von Karma. When Manfred started to lose it, his eyes bugged to the point where he looked like some kind of insect, and Phoenix's eyes kept changing size from 'normal' to 'I am an alien, take me to your leader.'

i may not know much

I find myself saying this a lot with this show, but was the change really necessary? At this point, it wouldn't surprise me if they didn't include the iconic moment from Turnabout Bridge.

Enoshima Junko-chan!

chariset wrote:
Spoiler:
Just about all the Edgeworth moments were good, big and small.
Maya leaving. I know a lot of people don't like this, wondering how she could see herself as useless when she did so much, but I think that's the point. She was so upset over failing to channel Mia that she couldn't see how much she'd actually done. She saved the trial at least three times, but since she didn't save it the RIGHT way, she felt like a failure. Poor girl.

I can agree on that. Spirit channeling is all she knows, like Pearl. Pearl would do the same. Though what was missing was that Phoenix didn't convince her that she did help. In the game, he not only told her that she held on to the bullet, but that he heard Mia's voice. And the anime showed that Maya was responsible for that.

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

Can I just stop for a second and talk about Edgeworth's goddamn right thumb?!

In one of the shots where he "objects", his thumb looks like it's dislocated.
POHLKUNKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

Yash K. Productions wrote:

I saw that too. It didn't throw me on the first watch, but it's terrible on the replay.

chariset wrote:
Yash K. Productions wrote:

I saw that too. It didn't throw me on the first watch, but it's terrible on the replay.

Maybe his broke his thumb to make his injury convincing.

WildSandwich wrote:
Maybe he broke his thumb to make his injury convincing.

I've got no doubt that someone, somewhere in the Ace Attorney universe committed a crime by faking a heart attack when s/he was actually breaking her/his thumb...

Pretty much agree with everything RoyalTanki and henke37 said, I already had low expectations for this one and I was still disappointed

0/10, no Cornered

chariset wrote:
WildSandwich wrote:
Maybe he broke his thumb to make his injury convincing.

I've got no doubt that someone, somewhere in the Ace Attorney universe committed a crime by faking a heart attack when s/he was actually breaking her/his thumb...

Probably Larry.

A Kirby and AA fan

chariset wrote:
And then, when he realizes he wants to believe he can survive this, he pulls himself back together and starts to fight again. He wants to die on his feet, fighting alongside Phoenix, and not just give up and accept his guilt.

I can see they went for this angle, but somehow it didn't come off strong. It was just kinda... weak. Not entirely sure why.
And the moment Phoenix and Edgeworth fought together was also a bit too... anime cheesy for me.

chariset wrote:
Maya leaving. I know a lot of people don't like this, wondering how she could see herself as useless when she did so much, but I think that's the point. She was so upset over failing to channel Mia that she couldn't see how much she'd actually done. She saved the trial at least three times, but since she didn't save it the RIGHT way, she felt like a failure.

This kind of fall apart when Maya was praised by Mia's very own spirit, and Maya seemed to earnestly accept that praise. The moment she did that, it was kind of strange she still thought she was a failure. She may not have actually channeled Mia, but she contacted her and she accepted the praise.
Also, the issue people have with the ending scene isn't just that it's strange for Maya to leave, but that Phoenix and Maya hardly exchanged a word in that scene. Phoenix didn't mention all the ways Maya has helped, and Maya's reply was cut short.

chariset wrote:
I'm not sad they took out the headbanging, but I wish they'd left in the last fingersnap and the "Judge, end it now" line as he tries to retire with a vestige of dignity.

I don't completely remember, but... Wasn't that actually in the anime? In fact, Von Karma said it several times

The whole thing was just so anticlimactic. No sense of urgency. Everyone's already mentioned everything I disliked about the episode. This pacing is just so off. And I'm also wondering why they took out Edgeworth's fear of earthquakes. Unless I missed something huge, they just completely were like nahhh not using that.

One small detail I really liked, though, was Gumshoe closing his ears while they were scheming to get the evidence back.

brailey wrote:
The whole thing was just so anticlimactic. No sense of urgency. Everyone's already mentioned everything I disliked about the episode. This pacing is just so off. And I'm also wondering why they took out Edgeworth's fear of earthquakes. Unless I missed something huge, they just completely were like nahhh not using that.

One small detail I really liked, though, was Gumshoe closing his ears while they were scheming to get the evidence back.

I liked that too. =)

I think the earthquake phobia was removed because all it did was suggest that DL-6 was the root of the entire case, and that could be done more quickly by having Grossberg tell Phoenix about it. After all, it hasn't been relevant plotwise except for a moment in 3-5 and then in Investigations case 2, and I don't think either of those are going to be adapted by the anime.

Besides, he could still have a phobia from DL-6 if the plot needed him to have one, like a fear of elevators, cramped spaces, or the dark.

Programmer

Yes, because collapsing from an earthquake up in the mountains can be blamed on cramped spaces or the dark. No. It has to be earthquakes.
Currently working on a redesign of cr.net itself! Come talk to me about it on Discord!

A Kirby and AA fan

henke37 wrote:
Yes, because collapsing from an earthquake up in the mountains can be blamed on cramped spaces or the dark. No. It has to be earthquakes.

It was also a moment that showed Phoenix knew Edgeworth really well. When Phoenix stopped for a moment to think, he immediately realized that Edgeworth would've faltered during the earthquake

henke37 wrote:

I can't remember where I heard it, but I think only the first two games are going to be adapted. So his fainting spell in 3-5 won't even come up.

I'm okay with him not having panic attacks over earthquakes. To be honest, it always seemed like cheap pathos to me. None of the other characters has a raw wound like that.

Last edited by chariset on Mon Jun 20, 2016 1:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

That lovable troll.

Am I seriously the only one who thought the original Von Karma w/ Taser moment was nonsensical as to how he was able to get away with it?

I think the rewrite makes MUCH more sense and is much better writing. Or is it "THEY CHANGED IT SO IT SUCKS" syndrome here?
I remember when CR was cool and Croik was the only one in charge.

I also remember when we used to have respectable members. :(

Eco wrote:
Am I seriously the only one who thought the original Von Karma w/ Taser moment was nonsensical as to how he was able to get away with it?

I think the rewrite makes MUCH more sense and is much better writing. Or is it "THEY CHANGED IT SO IT SUCKS" syndrome here?

I agree, the rewrite is way better because the game made Wright look like a total idiot.
"Guess what, here's a letter that proves you are behind this murder." *gets tasered*
It also isn't an obvious choice that you have to make, I only found it by presenting everything to everyone.

Now Maya still has her moment to shine by taking the bullet and Wright doesn't grab the Idiot Ball.
She doesn't shock anyone anymore, but to be fair, this episode was trying to be a bit serious.

Yeah, because Maya being zapped with a stun gun by a cop from behind with no warning makes a lot more sense

So is the fact she's able to easily get up and outrun said cop two seconds after being zapped

Phoenix showing von Karma the note might have been kind of dumb but to be fair I'm sure he wasn't expecting to be electrocuted right in the middle of police headquarters, the only reason von Karma got away with it is because he's Manfred von F'ing Karma

In the game, Maya struggles with feelings of uselessness through the entire case. She's supposed to be Phoenix's assistant, but apparently all she's good for is summoning Mia, and now she's having trouble even doing that. Everything comes to a head with the confrontation with von Karma; she tries to protect Nick, but fails, they lose all the DL-6 evidence outside of one stupid bullet she barely managed to cling to, having no idea how important it is.

In the anime, Maya breaks into von Karma's office and grabs what she knows is decisive evidence. She runs into court knowing she's saving the day.

No emotional baggage, no development, and so her decision to leave comes pretty much out of nowhere.

The stun gun zap isn't satisfying here because nothing comes of it plotwise. It doesn't stop or even delay Maya from getting back to court with the evidence. It still seems to me that it was put in just because the tazer attack is such a big moment in the game that they figured it had to be in the anime. I get the feeling they meant to do more with it (maybe Maya and Edgeworth both get zapped??) but it had to be cut for time.

And back to Maya, I suppose there's another interpretation for her leaving besides "I feel like a failure." She says in the letter that seeing Phoenix in court has reminded her that she needs to be in full time training. It's not that she's failed, exactly, but she's let herself get distracted when she has her own responsibilities and duties. So she makes the hard choice to leave and go work on becoming the person she needs to be, just like Phoenix has become the person he set out to be.

Hot Dog

I was pretty satisfied with this anime. Of course, they changed a lot of things and some changes don't make sense (Dee Vasquez is now a wrestler for some reason), the animation goes from average to bad to horrible in a heartbeat, the pacing could be better... But I was happy because the way they handled the characters was very good. They barely got any Out of Character moments and stayed true to their video game counterparts.

With the exception of Manfred von Karma.

Oh boy von Karma in this anime... Way to ruin a fantastic villain.
I'm OK with them getting rid of the taser scene, but I'm not okay with how they portrayed von Karma. In the game he is so imposing, he seems terrifying. Every time he raised an objection I was like "oh my god there he is, what now!?!?". But in the anime he is... Meh. He is there. He is the villain. He does some stuff. And then he is taken down. Putting aside the fact that he seems to be the only character to never stay on model (actually, if he was so difficult to draw I wouldn't have minded some changes in his design), he turned to be such a weak villain... Like you said, everything was very anticlimactic, probably because he was sooo lame.

Now I'm afraid with how they will handle Engarde and de Killer. Part of me is glad that we will probably never get to see Trials and Tribulations adapted, because I don't mind that much a bad portrayal of von Karma, but I couldn't bear a bad portrayal of Dahlia Hawthorne XD

Nerd Processor

brailey wrote:
And I'm also wondering why they took out Edgeworth's fear of earthquakes. Unless I missed something huge, they just completely were like nahhh not using that.

As I saw someone on Tumblr say: this could purely have been because there was an earthquake in Japan recently.
My Ace Attorney FanFiction Thread (Last updated: 5th August 2018)

I really ike Von Karma's design. He has something of a disney villain, like Maleficent. His eyes are awesome. And his overall design suits him much better than in the game, where his sprite doesn't move that much, until his breakdown. The changes were okay, really like Larry dressing like Edgeworth.

Good episode overall, now to ROTA, pleace.

So, I rewatched the episode, and I can see what everyone means with the muddled taser scene. The entirety of the end of the trial is rushed. The taser scene is all of, what, 5 seconds and the drama of Maya taking so long to wake up is completely gone.

Manfred von Karma also isn't one to leave things to chance, so why would he hold on to the DL-6 evidence so long? He took it on the first episode of this case IIRC, and he never planned to reveal it. It's such a large loose end from the Prosecutor that masterminded Edgeworth confessing to his father's murder for 15 years. And somebody had to predict that Maya was gonna steal the evidence, because the cop says something along the lines of "you were right, someone snuck in to steal the evidence" over the phone.

Like I truly wonder if people who aren't fan of the games actually like this anime. I wonder what my criticisms would be if I had never played the games and then I'd watch this. I can imagine not sticking with it and thinking that the pacing was off.

And Phoenix confronting bad guys when he probably shouldn't is kind of his MO. He's kind of reckless.

Dragongirl

Blademaster_Orca wrote:
This is a general discussion thread for the twelfth episode of the Ace Attorney anime, "Turnabout Goodbyes - Last Trial".

Summary wrote:
Edgeworth's sudden admittance of guilt in the DL-6 incident forces the trial to continue, so Phoenix and the others must work together to find the real culprit.

Best case ever! So much to go on next time, new too!
My name is Tayla 'Marie' Drago Hester, the number one Anime lover and supporter of all voice actors. Who also loves Ace Attorney things! :D

Wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey...

Loved the bit with Butzworth. Other than that, the changes were okay, but the episode flew by so fast, it was hard to keep up.

I really do miss von Karma's more memorable lines, like asking if Phoenix sharing the same name as his granddaughter's dog somehow makes him her fiancee, or mockingly suggesting for Phoenix to cross examine the parrot.

That said, I really did like how they handled Yanni Yogi. Made him a lot more sympathetic, much like the movie.

Not sure how I feel about the upcoming filler episode. I was really hoping for a RftA adaptation, but I doubt it will happen at this rate (I doubt they'll have enough room to do justice to "Farewell, my Turnabout," tbh).

Although, maybe they'll only devote five minutes to The Lost Turnabout...

:phoenix: Your Honor, there's a clear contradiction here!

:udgey: You mean that the victim was left handed, but the dying message looks like it was written with his right hand?

:phoenix: No, I mean that the victim's neck was broken on impact. There's no way he could have written anything!

Hot Dog

TheDoctor wrote:
Although, maybe they'll only devote five minutes to The Lost Turnabout...

I've read somewhere (maybe tumblr?) that they are leaving that case out in order to have room for the filler episode and because that case it's not that important (especially given that they are not going to adapt Trials and Tribulations, so they don't need Maggey Byrde at all).

So it should go as follows:
Episode 13: Filler
Episode 14-16: Reunion and Turnabout
Episode 17-19: Turnabout Big Top :viola:
Episode 20-24: Farewell, My Turnabout

It's just speculation, maybe it's not true and they do adapt Maggey's case. I wouldn't mind if they omit it though.

Wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey...

I don't know, I imagine they'll have some fans armed with torches and pitchforks heading their way if Maggey doesn't show up somewhere. Although, given that the primary reason for that case was to introduce the case mechanics to players who hadn't played the first game, so they gave Nick amnesia to excuse his needing to relearn stuff.
Page 1 of 2 [ 54 posts ] 
Go to page 1, 2  Next

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Neo Olde Tokyo