Board index » Phoenix Wright » Neo Olde Tokyo

Page 1 of 1[ 18 posts ]

Episode 15: "Reunion, and Turnabout - 2nd Trial"Topic%20Title

Master of sharp things!

This is a general discussion thread for the fifteenth episode of the Ace Attorney anime, "Reunion, and Turnabout - 2nd Trial".

Summary wrote:
The trial of Maya Fey begins, as Phoenix faces off against a new opponent, prodigy prosecutor Franziska von Karma.

Re: Episode 15: "Reunion, and Turnabout - 2nd Trial"Topic%20Title

I liked it.

Animation was better than usual, which isn't saying much but still.

I'm liking the way the case is being adapted so far, much better than previous cases, still worried about it going out on a weak note but I have hope.

That's all I really have to say about the episode though.

7/10

Call me James

This was pretty good. I do like it when episodes feature a full trial or investigation segment, rather than going back and forth.

Watching the preview for the next episode made me remember that this is when Dr. Hotti appears. Please let him be one of the things they cut due to pacing :nick-sweat:
http://i.neoseeker.com/mgv/9935-Akira_E ... 44a161.gif

"I love the thrill of a good solution!"

Dragongirl

Blademaster_Orca wrote:
This is a general discussion thread for the fifteenth episode of the Ace Attorney anime, "Reunion, and Turnabout - 2nd Trial".

Summary wrote:
The trial of Maya Fey begins, as Phoenix faces off against a new opponent, prodigy prosecutor Franziska von Karma.

Featuring Franziska von Karma herself and Mia's spirit in Pearl's...Body...? Wow. This is a very good episode here, as always.
My name is Tayla 'Marie' Drago Hester, the number one Anime lover and supporter of all voice actors. Who also loves Ace Attorney things! :D

What's between the bread?

Probably one of the better episodes, since it was focused on just one part of the case so it could slow down a bit. While Franziska didn't pull quite as dirty a trick here as before she was still shown to be quite devious. Would have been nice for them to acknowledge the shrine maidens or whatever they are who were present when Maya first entered the room but left before the doors were closed, but I'm really just thinking about the people who first missed them being accounted for in the last episode since it was a brief thing. I am glad this trial's getting probably four parts, just sad that it all but confirms that no 2-1 (which I think they confirmed on Twitter too anyhow?). Animation felt better than usual too, it might legitimately be one of the better episodes in terms of both that and pacing.

迷探偵

[quote="WildSandwich"just sad that it all but confirms that no 2-1 (which I think they confirmed on Twitter too anyhow?).[/quote]
Confirmation is worded too strongly, but Takumi said last week:
Quote:
"...Eh? Some "connoisseurs" might be thinking: "What about the judge raising his giant gavel, or that favorable student looking for his glass, or that glassed goddess of misfortune?". There are some "circumstances" to that...

Make of that what you want.
"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear

Racing through the sky like a Missile

Is the judge now confirmed to be just a bit masochistic?

Huh, I previously questioned how bland they often make the characters' expressions, but they were pretty spot on this episode. It's not the first time either, so I'm glad they can sometimes up the art and animation quality. If only they were more consistent with it... but I suppose I should be glad they're not Toei.

I doubt The Lost Turnabout will be covered this season. If anything, it'd make a nice filler case (at least half an episode worth, maybe; cut it down to the latter half of the trial and throw in some amnesia gags to finish it off) to introduce Maggey just before Recipe for Turnabout. The anime is doing well enough to garner support for another season, though I hope they'll be able to slow down the pace for T&T. There is loads of stuff in that game that they can't simply cut out or short, and throwing in AJ or AAI right after would be a bit too much to fit into one season.

On a slight tangent, didn't Takeshi Miike say he'd consider making a sequel to Gyakuten Saiban? We haven't gotten wind of any news...
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com

Rubia Ryu the Royal wrote:
Is the judge now confirmed to be just a bit masochistic?

I doubt The Lost Turnabout will be covered this season. If anything, it'd make a nice filler case (at least half an episode worth, maybe; cut it down to the latter half of the trial and throw in some amnesia gags to finish it off) to introduce Maggey just before Recipe for Turnabout. The anime is doing well enough to garner support for another season, though I hope they'll be able to slow down the pace for T&T. There is loads of stuff in that game that they can't simply cut out or short, and throwing in AJ or AAI right after would be a bit too much to fit into one season.

I figured he was already more or less a confirmed masochist, just depends on who is doing it to him.

Really hard to say what they'll do with T&T. Another full season would mean 24 episodes or so, which would be too much, so maybe some kind of filler, a mini-case or an episode like the kid story that is more to inform some backstory and such? AAI was my theory but yeah, that might too much for the season to also include. AJ would just be nuts to toss in, that's really gotta start as its own season.

Programmer

I am a little disappointed in that they chose to add a new contradiction instead of using an existing one. They could've easily have used both issues with the photo.

I am unsure what to make of the midpoint extra scene. Are they foreshadowing too heavily?
Currently working on a redesign of cr.net itself! Come talk to me about it on Discord!

henke37 wrote:
I am a little disappointed in that they chose to add a new contradiction instead of using an existing one. They could've easily have used both issues with the photo.

I am unsure what to make of the midpoint extra scene. Are they foreshadowing too heavily?

What other contradiction are you referring to?

Probably bit too much foreshadowing, yeah, but the problem with cases with a returning face is the returning person's not the killer, and since the only people involved are Maya, Pearl, Lotta, Morgan and Ini it's obviously got to be one of the last two, so foreshadowing a connection between them at least casts some shade on which one actually did it.

Programmer

Basically, instead of the crown thingy, there is another thing wrong with the photo. Something else that should be there is missing. The bullet hole.
Currently working on a redesign of cr.net itself! Come talk to me about it on Discord!

henke37 wrote:
Basically, instead of the crown thingy, there is another thing wrong with the photo. Something else that should be there is missing. The bullet hole.

Oh right, that. Since there was more detail on the bullet hole and its absence probably changed to the headdress to simply the missing detail element. May end up also using the headdress to help lead them to another clue for simplification as well.

Just finished watching the episode.
The only thing that really stuck out that wasn't already mentioned was the fact that Phoenix forgot what gunpowder burns were and Gumshoe had to explain it again, even though that was explained in the 1-4 episodes (I forgot the exact one and I don't want to check).

Vendily wrote:
Just finished watching the episode.
The only thing that really stuck out that wasn't already mentioned was the fact that Phoenix forgot what gunpowder burns were and Gumshoe had to explain it again, even though that was explained in the 1-4 episodes (I forgot the exact one and I don't want to check).

Ballistic markings and powder residue were brought up, but not gunpowder burns.

A Kirby and AA fan

I was actually curious if they were gonna show Mia in Pearl's clothing, or if they'd cover it up a bit, or if they would prevent it altogether... Especially after they showed the bloody photo, and the cleavage was completely covered in blood (as opposed to the game where the cleavage is fully visible). But wow, they weren't shy to show Mia in Pearl's clothes, huh?

Anyway, I really liked this episode. It seemed to address pretty much anything I remember from the case, aside from the stuff they couldn't address due to the previous episode skipping it. (Franziska showing the photo of Mia in Maya's body talking to Phoenix, for example)

WildSandwich wrote:
Would have been nice for them to acknowledge the shrine maidens or whatever they are who were present when Maya first entered the room but left before the doors were closed

I can't rewatch that episode right now, but they never really entered the room, did they? They merely took one step inside to reach the door handles and close the doors

henke37 wrote:

I actually liked that! It set the anime apart a bit from the games in a neutral-good way.

henke37 wrote:

The games already wasn't very much about the "whodunnit" but rather about the "howdunnit". But the anime lays on it extra thick. There is absolutely no mystery anymore who did it, only how they did it

Hot Dog

Loved this episode! It was sooo good. And the animation was acceptable, something a bit surprising tbt because it's usually better in the investigation episodes than in the trial episodes. And it seems like Mia's breasts got bigger since she was last channeled XD When she is being channeled by Pearls it's as disturbing as in the games.
Concerning the culprits...

Spoiler:
It's true that the culprits of this case have been not-so-subtlety hinted since the first episode, but it's also true that this case's big twist it's not that Morgan and Ini did it... It's that Morgan and Mimi did it. And so far, we haven't seen any clue leading to Ini's true identity. So I don't mind that much that the culprits are so obvious this time around. As we discussed in the previous episode's post, in the game it was obvious that Ini was the killer too (the other suspects were Pearl, Morgan, who was involved too, Lotta and the dead spirit, so Ini was the obvious answer...) but the change of identity was a big twist in my opinion.

A Kirby and AA fan

Proyectil wrote:
Spoiler:
It's true that the culprits of this case have been not-so-subtlety hinted since the first episode, but it's also true that this case's big twist it's not that Morgan and Ini did it... It's that Morgan and Mimi did it. And so far, we haven't seen any clue leading to Ini's true identity. So I don't mind that much that the culprits are so obvious this time around. As we discussed in the previous episode's post, in the game it was obvious that Ini was the killer too (the other suspects were Pearl, Morgan, who was involved too, Lotta and the dead spirit, so Ini was the obvious answer...) but the change of identity was a big twist in my opinion.

Spoiler:
True. I loved that twist. It's one of the best parts of the case

The cape is self-fluttering

Not sure what to add.

It was weird how they decided to mention the headpiece instead of the lack of bullethole, but I did enjoy Pearl killing Franziska's point about the possibility of the headpiece falling off.

And both Phoenix and Judge blushing at Mia's entrance.
"Descole? You don't mean Mr. I-Like-to-Wreck-Things-with-Mechanical-Monsters-and-Dress-Up-as-Posh-Ladies Descole?" -Emmy Altava

...NAILED IT
Page 1 of 1 [ 18 posts ] 

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Neo Olde Tokyo