Board index » Phoenix Wright » Neo Olde Tokyo

Page 1 of 2[ 42 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next

FUNimation dubs the Anime!Topic%20Title

Dragongirl

:athena: Oh, wow! So cool! It shows that FUNimation and Crunchyroll website of Anime subs and dubs website are working together as well as having Ace Attorney Anime being in English dub too! Yes!!! Having Sam Riegel as Phoenix Wright, Kyle Hebert as Miles Edgeworth, and others from the video game for some main characters in the Anime that were dub for some, and new ones from FUNimation Studios itself too. Like the other Anime series they did to dubbing it from a video game 'for some to do' so will one. Isn't that awesome? Probably around 2017 will come out for all 24 episode on a complete DVD/Blu-Ray Box set in the future and who's playing who on the other characters later on...I can't wait to get it! Also...Will there be more Anime seasons in the future after 24 episodes? Like for the third game as well as two OVA's from the bonus episode from the first one and the first episode too from the second part of the Ace Attorney? I sure hope so for Japan should do more in the future as well. We'll just have to wait and see. :D
My name is Tayla 'Marie' Drago Hester, the number one Anime lover and supporter of all voice actors. Who also loves Ace Attorney things! :D
Re: FUNimation dubs the Anime!Topic%20Title

A Kirby and AA fan

trigunlover11 wrote:
Yes!!! Having Sam Riegel as Phoenix Wright, Kyle Hebert as Miles Edgeworth, and others from the video game for some main characters in the Anime that were dub for some, and new ones from FUNimation Studios itself too.

Hold on. Voice actors haven't been announced at all yet

Dragongirl

Nurio wrote:
trigunlover11 wrote:
Yes!!! Having Sam Riegel as Phoenix Wright, Kyle Hebert as Miles Edgeworth, and others from the video game for some main characters in the Anime that were dub for some, and new ones from FUNimation Studios itself too.

Hold on. Voice actors haven't been announced at all yet

:object: True, not yet anyways. But someone told me that FUNimation will get the people from the video game that they have dub from the fifth and fourth video games so far...Sam Riegel's playing as Phoenix Wright, no doubt about it for sure. The rest we shall see way later on in the future. Kyle Hebert who played as Miles Edgeworth however, well you are right abut one thing. The rest besides Sam's role, has not yet been announced. I talk to one member about it be a fact, but rest we shall wait for. Again, one is right and the rest hasn't just yet.
My name is Tayla 'Marie' Drago Hester, the number one Anime lover and supporter of all voice actors. Who also loves Ace Attorney things! :D

I used to think Hebert's Edgeworth was too "off."

Now, however, it's grown on me.

Dragongirl

Smithee wrote:
I used to think Hebert's Edgeworth was too "off."

Now, however, it's grown on me.

I thought at first too, wouldn't be his fault either...Not in a bad way of saying it also. But yeah, it has for me too. Kick ass! lol

I'm excited for this because I'm in the minority who likes dubs more than subs. (Sometimes basically anything other than 4Kids *shudders) I don't hate subs per say but I find dubs more like if I was actually there understanding what they're saying. My friend (He may join the forums.) Ethan says he hates subs for some reason but I always tell him some anime's are only subbed. He just dosn't listen.

The miracle never happen

The Mechanic wrote:
I'm excited for this because I'm in the minority who likes dubs more than subs. (Sometimes basically anything other than 4Kids *shudders) I don't hate subs per say but I find dubs more like if I was actually there understanding what they're saying. My friend (He may join the forums.) Ethan says he hates subs for some reason but I always tell him some anime's are only subbed. He just dosn't listen.

Yeah, but thanks to the Ace Attorney anime not being dubbed I learned how to say "your honor" in Japanese... a word I'll probably never use in my life.
"There is but one last shred of cheer for a soul far beyond redemption: The bitter darkness that lies at the very bottom of this mug."
-Diego Armando

Dragongirl

The Mechanic wrote:

Don't remind me on some Anime from 4Kids, please... :( lol Ah, man so much to look forward to of this happiness to happen.

Dragongirl

Kessler wrote:
The Mechanic wrote:

Yeah, but thanks to the Ace Attorney anime not being dubbed I learned how to say "your honor" in Japanese... a word I'll probably never use in my life.

It is being dub and more in the future. Just be happy, it'll happen. You know?

Some 4Kids VAs (such as Dan Green) are actually awesome.

However... yeah, 4Kids censorship itself sucks big-time.

Dragongirl

Smithee wrote:

True, so true. The only thing good about that program of Anime things were only few things and that's that... Yu-Gi-Oh 'probably three different series of it' and the original Pokemon. That's it. As fr the rest, they are bad like you said. Scary...

:)

I look forward to it. In the meantime, I will enjoy the sub we have for now.

Dragongirl

Smithee wrote:

Agreed. So were good ones, bad ones, and the rest shouldn't been done.

Doing the drywall at the new McDonalds

I watched the first episode and wasn't crazy about it, but I've been meaning to go back and watch it.

I might just wait, though. Even though I'd watch with subs, being able to watch it on Blu-Ray would convince me to pick it up.
I'm kind of OCD about collecting Blu-Rays.

No DVDs, though.

I don't buy DVDs Anymore.

Only Blu Rays.
I used to have Sam Waterston as my avatar but photobucket added a watermark and also Law & Order has been cancelled for 10 years so it's time for me to move on.

Dragongirl

D.A. McCoy wrote:
I watched the first episode and wasn't crazy about it, but I've been meaning to go back and watch it.

I might just wait, though. Even though I'd watch with subs, being able to watch it on Blu-Ray would convince me to pick it up.
I'm kind of OCD about collecting Blu-Rays.

No DVDs, though.

lol Normal for some to do that. I get you...As for me, I do both for some Anime series I want, so I want to get Ace Attorney Anime series on both DVD/Blu-Ray box set, it's my own thing. Others different too. Guess we'll both will wait and have something we like of an OCD thing. Collecting Blu-Rays and DVD's or one of them.

I don't buy DVDs Anymore.

Only Blu Rays.

Guessing...Topic%20Title

Dragongirl

Here's what I think who should play as who, if not, I tried. As long as Sam Riegel is playing as Phoenix Wright 'for he has work with this company a few times', it's fine by me on anyone else playing as someone instead. Really!

The Main Characters:

Sam Riegel - Phoenix Wright 'Luci Christian - young one'
Kyle Hebert - Miles Edgeworth 'Megan Vander Pluym - young one'
Alexis Tipton - Maya Fey
Stephanie Young - Mia Fey
Christopher Sabat - Detective Dick Gumshoe
Josh Grelle - Larry Butz 'Alison Viktorin - young one'
Grant James - The Judge
Lauren Landa - Franziska von Karma 'and young one'
Monica Rial - Pearl Fey
Vic Mignogna - Winston Payne

The First Turnabout:

Christopher Ayres - Frank Sahwit

Turnabout Sisters:

Christopher Smith - Redd White
Jamie Marchi - April May
Kent Williams - Marvin Grossberg

Turnabout Samurai:

Travis Willingham - Will Powers
Juli Erickson - Wendy Oldbag
Colleen Clinkenbeard Voice Actress - Cody Hackins
Laura Bailey - Dee Vasquez
Micah Solusod - Sal Manella

Turnabout Goodbyes:

Michael Tatum - Manfred von Karma
Brina Palencia - Lotta Hart
Lydia Mackay - Voice Actress - Misty Fey
Todd Haberkorn - Gregory Edgeworth
Robert McCollum Voice Actor Fan Page - Yanni Yugi

Reunion, and Turnabout:

Eric Vale - Turner Grey
Leah Clark - Ini Miney and Mimi Miney
Cynthia Cranz - Morgan Fey

Turnabout Big Top:

Ian Sinclair - Maximillion Galactica (Billy Bob Johns)
Tia Ballard - Regina Berry
R Bruce Elliott - Russell Berry
Patrick Seitz - Benjamin Woodman & Trilo Quist
Chuck Hüber - Moe (Lawrence Curls)
Newton Pittman - Acro (Ken Dingling)
Greg Ayres - Bat (Sean Dingling)

Farewell, My Turnabout:

Jerry Jewell - Matt Engarde
David Wald - Juan Corrida
Cherami Leigh - Adrian Andrews
Rick Keeling - Shelly De Killer

i feel pretty

Smithee wrote:

Many actors in 4kids are great, it's the ADR that ruins it.

Check out the Media Blasters dub of Giant Robo: The Day the Earth Stood Still for proof. Most of its cast is from 4Kids and it's a really good dub. Also has my personal favourite Dan Green performance.

(Aside note: there are two dubs, the other one is terrible. Make sure it's the Media Blasters dub).

:)

I can picture Joshua Seth as Matt Engarde.

hi

Man, I'm probably the only person who loved pretty much everything about the anime, so I'm excited for this.

Happy Maria

What I'm really excited about are the performances and whether they give justice to the characters or not.

Pun intended?

Dragongirl

Southern Corn wrote:
What I'm really excited about are the performances and whether they give justice to the characters or not.

Pun intended?

I sure hope of the two main characters to get right, I don't care of the others to take a lucky guess at least. I just want to get it on DVD/Blu-Ray box set from FUNimation later on this year. :D Also to make more Anime like it in the future.

Ace Procrastinator

They are? Wow I'm behind lol

Dragongirl

Butz the Klutz 52 wrote:
They are? Wow I'm behind lol

It will be a while late this year I think for them to dub it, but it will happen. Hopefully, in the future there will be more made in Japan for the Anime version of Ace Attorney to have OVA's and a movie, and so on. Fingers crossed. :maya:

HEY, PAL!

Looks like the dub is definitely, for sure, 100% confirmed now after a long period of silence about it; no cast members or anything announced yet, though.
https://www.funimation.com/shop/home-video/ace-attorney-part-one-combo-bld-00547/

YES! I can hardly wait! :maya:

Happy Maria

Meh, at this point the anime is old news and honestly it's pretty...bad in parts. :ron: Not sure how great the dub will be either considering the DD/SoJ cutscenes.

Wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey...

I find FUNimation hires pretty good quality vocal talents, normally. There are a few exceptions, but I can usually chalk it up to bad writing or directing, since I find that typically like or, at least, don't dislike them in other roles. Anyway, I've had to revise this list a little, since a few of the VA's I previously picked out either died or moved away. So, for the Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney arc.

The First Turnabout:
Phoenix Wright: Aaron Dismuke
Mia Fey: Caitlin Glass
Larry Butz: Todd Haberkorn
Winston Payne: Greg Ayers
The Judge: John Swasey
Frank Sawhit: Chuck Huber

Turnabout Sisters:
Maya Fey: Felecia Angelle
Miles Edgeworth: Josh Grelle
Dick Gumshoe: Patrick Seitz
Marvin Grossberg: Kyle Hebert
Bellboy: Robert McCollum (Actually, was he even in this one? I don't remember)
April May: Jamie Marchi
Redd White: Ian Sinclair

Turnabout Samurai:
Will Powers: Christopher Sabat
Wendy Oldbag: (My first choice moved away, so I really don't know now)
Sal Manella: Tyson Rinehart
Dee Vasquez: Stephanie Young
Cody Hackins: Maxey Whitehead

Turnabout Goodbyes:
Lotta Hart: Gwendolyn Lau
Manfred von Karma: Chris Guerrero
Old Man: R. Bruce Elliot

Last edited by TheDoctor on Sat Nov 04, 2017 7:48 am, edited 2 times in total.

Mia Payne

My favorite anime dubs are dubs of boring awful anime, so this will be perfect

Happy Maria

Yeah I remember seeing a highlights clip video of an English dub of some anime called Ghost Stories or something. I dunno what the original was like but the dub was 100x better.

Unfortunately they may have to play this one more straight but I'm also curious about how good the VAs for the other characters will be. Hmm.

Mia Payne

Oh i know, I was just being a smartass like usual

Call me James

So I pre-ordered the first DVD, and when doing so, I noticed something. It lists a few of the voice actors, and the ADR director. The voice actors being given top billing were Eric Vale, Lindsay Seidel, and Colleen Clinkenbeard, with the director being Kyle Phillips. One thing to note, though, is this was on Amazon (who previously had Metroid: Samus Returns listed as "Metro: Samus Returns", with a release date of 2028) :gumshoe: Nevertheless, I was intrigued, so I've tweeted Eric Vale, asking if he's involved in the dub at all (specifically, if he's playing Phoenix Wright), since despite it probably being not true, it got me very curious.

If or when he replies, I'll post his response.
http://i.neoseeker.com/mgv/9935-Akira_E ... 44a161.gif

"I love the thrill of a good solution!"

Happy Maria

Hmm, I guess this means that the dub cast from DD and SoJ isn't involved. Or if they are, then most likely not in the same role. I wonder how they'll compare to the games.

Based on characters those three have previously voiced, I'm going to guess and say Eric is playing Phoenix, Lindsay is playing Maya, and Colleen is playing Mia.

If this casting is true, these people should definitely work out well for their given rolls, my only concern now is the ADR direction.

Surf's Up!

TheDoctor wrote:
Turnabout Samurai:
Lotta Hart: Gwendolyn Lau

Lotta's in 1-3? Since when?

I thought my 1-4 list looked a little sparse.

Some interesting info came up on twitter: https://twitter.com/KylePhillipsFUN/sta ... 3293652992

EDIT: Found some more of the voice actors

Kyle Phillips directed the dub and revealed most of the full cast list
Phoenix Wright: Eric Vale
Maya Fey: Lindsay Seidel
Miles Edgeworth: Christopher Wehkamp
Dick Gumshoe: Bryan Massey
Larry Butz: Josh Martin
Mia Fey: Colleen Clinkenbeard
Judge: Kent Williams
Manfred Von Karma: Bill Jenkins
Winston Payne: Gregory Lush
Frank Sahwit: Ben Phillips
April May: Jeannie Tirado
Redd White: Larry Brantley
Will Powers: Chris Rager
Wendy Oldbag: Anastasia Munoz
Cody Hackins: Kara Edwards
Sal Manella: Tyler Walker
Dee Vasquez: Janelle Lutz
Lotta Hart: Whitney Rodgers
Yanni Yogi: R Bruce Elliott
Polly: Heather Walker
Gregory Edgeworth: Anthony Bowling
Misty Fey: Terri Doty
Young Phoenix: Jill Harris
Young Larry: Steph Garrett
Young Miles: Ayu

Last edited by jmkrebs30 on Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:06 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Call me James

jmkrebs30 wrote:
Some interesting info came up on twitter: https://twitter.com/KylePhillipsFUN/sta ... 3293652992

Kyle Phillips directed the dub and revealed most of the full cast list
Eric Vale - Phoenix Wright
Lindsay Seidel - Maya Fey
Christopher Wehkamp - Miles Edgeworth
Bryan Massey - Dick Gumshoe
Josh Martin - Larry Butz
Colleen Clinkenbeard - Mia Fey
Jeannie Tirado - April May
Kara Edwards - Cody Hackins
Janelle Lutz - Dee Vasquez
Kent Williams - Judge
Bill Jenkins - Manfred von Karma
Whitney Rodgers - Lotta Hart
Phil Parsons - Marvin Grossberg
Anastasia Munoz - Wendy Oldbag
Someone known as lush - Winston Payne
Les Cornichons - Polly
Jill Harris - Young Phoenix
Steph Garrett - Young Larry
Ayu - Young Miles

So Amazon was actually right when they listed Eric, Lindsay, and Colleen. How 'bout that? :think-pw:

Another thing to add is that Kyle Phillips replies to someone asking if Chris Sabat is involved, and he confirms that he is, but in season 2. So Chris Sabat is either Turner Grey, Max Galactica, Moe, Acro, Matt Engarde, or Shelly de Killer (or Russell Berry/Juan Corrida, but I can't for the life of me remember if they actually have speaking lines in the anime).

Interestinggggg.
http://i.neoseeker.com/mgv/9935-Akira_E ... 44a161.gif

"I love the thrill of a good solution!"

Unobjectionable

Here's the full Part 1 cast list, direct from Funimation. Including Franziska's VA!

Dragongirl

:maya:

This just in from FUNimation Studios, here's the first half of the cast members in English dub on who plays who. Not bad to doubt it at first 'a little' but nothing beats better from guessing to being surprised the most in a good way. :) More to come later on. First DVD/Blu-Ray box set with episode 1-13 will be out in the new year and then the last one later that same new year of 2018. Pre-order yours on Amazon, eBay, and FUNimation stores now.

Greg Dulcie - Narrator

Eric Vale - Phoenix Wright 'Jill HARRIS - young one'
Christopher Wehkamp - Miles Edgeworth 'Steph GARRETT - young one'
Lindsay Seidel - Maya Fey
Colleen Clinkenbeard - Mia Fey
Bryan Massey- Detective Dick Gumshoe
Josh Martin - Larry Butz 'Apphia YU - young one'
Kent Williams - The Judge
Jessica Peterson - Franziska von Karma
Gregory Lush - Winston Payne
Ben Phillips - Frank Sahwit
Larry Brantley - Redd White
Jeannie Tirado - April May
Phil Parsons - Marvin Grossberg
Chris Rager - Will Powers
Anastasia Munoz - Wendy Oldbag
Kara Edwards - Cody Hackins
Janelle LUTZ - Dee Vasquez
Tyler Walker - Sal Manella
Philip Annarella - Jack Hammers
Bill Jenkins - Manfred von Karma
Whitney Rodgers - Lotta Hart
Terri Doty - Misty Fey
Anthony BOWLING - Gregory Edgeworth
Robert Bruce Elliott - Yanni Yugi
Blake Shepard - Robert Hammond
Heather Walker - Polly

jmkrebs30 wrote:
Yanni Yogi: R Bruce Elliott

Hey, look at that, I got one right!
Page 1 of 2 [ 42 posts ] 
Go to page 1, 2  Next

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Neo Olde Tokyo