Board index » Phoenix Wright » Neo Olde Tokyo

Page 1 of 1[ 21 posts ]

Episode 24: "Farewell, My Turnabout - Last Trial"Topic%20Title

Master of sharp things!

This is a general discussion thread for the twenty-fourth episode of the Ace Attorney anime, "Farewell, My Turnabout - Last Trial".

Summary wrote:
Phoenix has to make the ultimate decision in order to finally save Maya.

Re: Episode 24: "Farewell, My Turnabout - Last Trial"Topic%20Title

異議あり! (Objection!)

Blademaster_Orca wrote:
This is a general discussion thread for the twenty-fourth episode of the Ace Attorney anime, "Farewell, My Turnabout - Last Trial".

Summary wrote:

I agree. :phoenix:

Dragongirl

Blademaster_Orca wrote:

Summary wrote:

So good! :D I really hope they'll make more in the future later for more season in the series episodes of season 2, I really hope...
My name is Tayla 'Marie' Drago Hester, the number one Anime lover and supporter of all voice actors. Who also loves Ace Attorney things! :D

What's between the bread?

Here's hoping for a second season. While the anime's lacked some bits to be sure, the expansion in characterization in some points, some of the brevity where it was needed and the downright creativity in other points really helped the anime seem at least somewhat worth it. Flawed to be sure, and probably not the best to show to non-fans of the series, but still worth it.

As per the episode itself, pretty enjoyable. Probably my big notes are how off the animation seemed for the zoom outs during the reunion scene (they looked super thinly sketched with like no movement, as if that scene ran on out of money), and I didn't like Engarde scratching his face twice as it lessened the effect. Still we got the Maya-Mia reunion we'd missed out on earlier, Edgeworth and Franziska had their special moment, the change to account for the DVD in place of the VHS and expanding Maya's role in things was great, and I absolutely loved Maya stealing Phoenix's bike in their final scene. While, again, I dunno if I'd show the anime to non-fans in any major way, the bike theft scene I'd absolutely show my roommate.

The miracle never happen

-deleted-
"There is but one last shred of cheer for a soul far beyond redemption: The bitter darkness that lies at the very bottom of this mug."
-Diego Armando

Last edited by Kessler on Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

1000% Knight

They could do a 12/13-ep second season that does T&T but skips 3-3...
Credit to Evolina for the sig+avatar!

The miracle never happen

Bad Player wrote:
They could do a 12/13-ep second season that does T&T but skips 3-3...

But 3-3 is the best, I want to see Jean Armstrong fully animated and spreading aromatherapy oils on his naked body!
"There is but one last shred of cheer for a soul far beyond redemption: The bitter darkness that lies at the very bottom of this mug."
-Diego Armando

1000% Knight

Yeah, but 3-3 might be weird without 2-1...
Credit to Evolina for the sig+avatar!

Confetti celebration for a guilty verdict was entirely the wrong tone. Yes, I know the point is that Phoenix "won" the case, but it still should be a somber situation there like it was in the game.

Also the animation got very bad at the end, like they didn't finish all the lip flapping. :payne:

Oh right, this was a thing.

They've teased Rise From the Ashes throughout the entire season.
Did they just not preview it at the end of this episode, or?
~UltrawaveStudios~

The miracle never happen

Bad Player wrote:

Why? I mean couldn't it be easy to just introduce Maggey Byrde in 3-3?
-Diego Armando

Ace Procrastinator

I was laughing at Matt Engarde the whole time, knowing what was going to happen. It was hilarious watching him breakdown.

I hope they devote the second season to Trials and Tribulations and that they keep the music from the game. I also hope they don't rush through the cases.

The Law 'Shark'

Kessler wrote:
Bad Player wrote:

Why? I mean couldn't it be easy to just introduce Maggey Byrde in 3-3?

I think the problem is it loses some of the impact because phoenix doesn't know her if they just introduce her then...part of the big deal is that Phoenix had an idea who maggey was, and it was also something Gumshoe cared about deeply because of their prior working and 'beyond' friendship. Introducing her out of the blue like they don't really know who she is would kinda ruin the whole dynamic of the case in some places...and lead to too much reworking it.
~Beware of the Shark - He'll bite!~

Ace Procrastinator

Perhaps when they do Case 3-3, they might have a flashback episode dedicated to Case 2-1

Bad Player wrote:

This actually made me think, 2-1 could easily be the first episode for season 2. It introduces the concept of the game/show for anyone starting on season 2 and lets people see a familiar face before jumping into Mia. And it introduces maggie for 3-3

What's between the bread?

Armchair development for a Season 2, I'd adapt 2-1, 1-5 and all of T&T, and maybe throw in an anime exclusive bit or two that fleshes out existing relationships more than the games offered (much like the 13th episode). Probably lead with 2-1, then do 1-5, then probably do T&T more or less in order. If there was any fleshing out episodes to be done probably one looking at Mia's early days as a lawyer, seeing more of her time with Grossberg and such.

I liked the anime finale. Even though there were some things that were flawed and stuff, I think watching the anime was pretty worth it. You get those tiny nice bits that you never get to see in the games and also the good voice acting...

but yeahhh I really want Trials and Tribulations and Apollo Justice animated... but it's probably not possible for an AJ anime because Rise from the Ashes wasn't animated...

hilarious that franziska said that detective gumshoe wasn't injured too badly but when phoenix went to visit him his entire body was covered with bandages

A Kirby and AA fan

And this is how it ends, huh? Well, it certainly hasn't left me as wistful as some other anime when they're finished, but I'm still a bit sad it's over now.
I actually think the De Killer testimony was more tense here than in the game. Probably because in the game, I am kinda meta-gaming, knowing I can likely keep on pressing with little to no repercussions. Whereas in the anime, it really felt like "Oh shit. I gotta stop pressing him now or we're gonna lose Maya" (even though I already knew better).

I guess we now know what spirit channeling looks like. ....It honestly looks exactly like a Pokémon evolution (from the Pokémon anime, not the games) except faster. I'm not really surprised, but part of me also wished it were... grander? More of a spectacle, have it have more weight, make it look more spiritual, know what I mean? Now it just kind looks like "Bye. *flash of light* Hi."

So, I understand if Maya was at the police station in the end, but why was Gumshoe there, looking like that? The poor bloke should be at the hospital!
I swear, nobody appreciates Gumshoe...

Making Maya have more of an involved role in the trial was great, but it also seemed a bit odd to me. Maya came upon a recording station at Matt's home and thought... "Hey, I bet this is vital evidence. I better copy it and hide the copy for the police to find"? That was awfully insightful of her. Also, if she had this idea, why didn't she already hide it at Matt's house?
And while I think it was nice to make Maya more involved, I also really liked the idea in the games that De Killer accidentally left the tape behind because he was in a rush to flee. It just made the police look at least a bit competent at something. "We're idiots, but we really know how to chase a guy!"

Dragongirl

WildSandwich wrote:
Here's hoping for a second season. While the anime's lacked some bits to be sure, the expansion in characterization in some points, some of the brevity where it was needed and the downright creativity in other points really helped the anime seem at least somewhat worth it. Flawed to be sure, and probably not the best to show to non-fans of the series, but still worth it.

As per the episode itself, pretty enjoyable. Probably my big notes are how off the animation seemed for the zoom outs during the reunion scene (they looked super thinly sketched with like no movement, as if that scene ran on out of money), and I didn't like Engarde scratching his face twice as it lessened the effect. Still we got the Maya-Mia reunion we'd missed out on earlier, Edgeworth and Franziska had their special moment, the change to account for the DVD in place of the VHS and expanding Maya's role in things was great, and I absolutely loved Maya stealing Phoenix's bike in their final scene. While, again, I dunno if I'd show the anime to non-fans in any major way, the bike theft scene I'd absolutely show my roommate.

I couldn't agree with you more, dude. I'm sure that they will make it. Maybe for the OVA's for some parts...And the second season from the third game...I mean come on, they have to. Or, a movie with the two parts from Mia's past and the last episode from the third if it does happen. You know? Either way, fingers cross.
My name is Tayla 'Marie' Drago Hester, the number one Anime lover and supporter of all voice actors. Who also loves Ace Attorney things! :D

異議あり! (Objection!)

I saw it. Matt got so R.E.K.T
ROFL :nickel:

The cape is self-fluttering

I rather enjoyed seeing Matt literally shaking in his boots.

I do wish there had been an extra couple of episodes to include more of the story from the game (particularly the Adrian parts), but all in all, it wasn't too bad.

One thing I did like was Phoenix's response to Edgeworth's speech at the end. It was better here.

Spoiler: also this
Edgey, you can be such a dork sometimes. albeit an extremely bangable dork

Spoiler: and this
What are you pointing at, Nick?! Stop picking on a helpless little device :moe-laugh:

Spoiler: kind of a neat shot before Nick's "decision"

I thought it was funny that channeled!Mia and Edgeworth were in the same place after court, and Edgeworth had nothing to say about it. I guess he's either bad at noticing women or he is really trying to ignore the whole spirit channeling thing.
"Descole? You don't mean Mr. I-Like-to-Wreck-Things-with-Mechanical-Monsters-and-Dress-Up-as-Posh-Ladies Descole?" -Emmy Altava

...NAILED IT
Page 1 of 1 [ 21 posts ] 

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Neo Olde Tokyo