Board index » Phoenix Wright » World's Fair (DGS2)

Page 2 of 2[ 47 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2
 


Re: "I just want to know one thing" - DGS2 editionTopic%20Title
User avatar

Knight of the Court

Gender: Male

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:57 pm

Posts: 27

Bolt Storm wrote:

Actually, 2-3 doesn't have any non-standard game over. It... doesn't really make sense, lol.

Spoiler: DGS2-5
BTW, to get the bad end in 2-5, you need to fail on the very final present point (or I assume the three-way choice just before). Otherwise Vortex just declares Barok guilty as normal... which still doesn't really make sense, because IIRC you prove Vortex is the shinigami a few presents before that. I think there might be different dialogue for game overs before and after Jigoku's confession though?


Wait, really? That's surprising. I guess Nonstandard Game Overs for situations like this is a Yamazaki thing?

Also, could someone describe the Case 5 bad ending to me?
Something something please localize DGS.
Re: "I just want to know one thing" - DGS2 editionTopic%20Title
User avatar

sans.

Gender: Male

Location: Hiding beneath the judge's desk

Rank: Admin

Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 7:05 pm

Posts: 3248

BigKlingy wrote:
Bolt Storm wrote:

Actually, 2-3 doesn't have any non-standard game over. It... doesn't really make sense, lol.

Spoiler: DGS2-5
BTW, to get the bad end in 2-5, you need to fail on the very final present point (or I assume the three-way choice just before). Otherwise Vortex just declares Barok guilty as normal... which still doesn't really make sense, because IIRC you prove Vortex is the shinigami a few presents before that. I think there might be different dialogue for game overs before and after Jigoku's confession though?


Wait, really? That's surprising. I guess Nonstandard Game Overs for situations like this is a Yamazaki thing?

Also, could someone describe the Case 5 bad ending to me?


Spoiler: DGS2-5
Vortex basically just slams down the gavel and has all of the trial proceedings w/r/t the Professor case struck from the record. Then he gives a little speech about how this "darkness" is for London's sake, and that van Zieks should be swallowed up by that darkness, just like his brother, and declares him guilty.

Hey! My current life situation is [low-level internal screaming], so I may be slow to respond to things. Thanks for understanding!

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.
Re: "I just want to know one thing" - DGS2 editionTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Male

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:13 pm

Posts: 1539

JesusMonroe wrote:
How long is each case? (Is each one a normal length aside from the tutorial)

Is every case connected? (Just say "no" if there are any cases that are apparently unconnected until the final case)

Is there room for a sequel?

Where does the game take place?

Are there any moments in the game that are particularly hard/seemingly impossible to localize compared to the first? Any clues relating to the English language?

Just posting again since there are more people who've finished the game now :p
Re: "I just want to know one thing" - DGS2 editionTopic%20Title
User avatar

Wotter boy

Gender: Male

Location: Somewhere, Someplace, Possibly Earth

Rank: Prosecutor

Joined: Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:28 am

Posts: 801

JesusMonroe wrote:
JesusMonroe wrote:
How long is each case? (Is each one a normal length aside from the tutorial)

Is every case connected? (Just say "no" if there are any cases that are apparently unconnected until the final case)

Is there room for a sequel?

Where does the game take place?

Are there any moments in the game that are particularly hard/seemingly impossible to localize compared to the first? Any clues relating to the English language?

Just posting again since there are more people who've finished the game now :p


Spoiler: Full game spoilers but no specifics
1. Case 2 and 3 are normal 2 investigation 2 trial. Case 4 is Investigation>Trial>Investigation. Case 5 is Trial>Investigation>Trial.

2. Yes. Some more than others.

3. I don't know. It does feel somewhat like an ending, but I dunno.

4. Case 1 in Japan. The rest take place in England.

5. I dunno, I didn't actually play the game, I only know everything from the videos and liveblogs.

Re: "I just want to know one thing" - DGS2 editionTopic%20Title
User avatar

Knight of the Court

Gender: Male

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:57 pm

Posts: 27

FenrirDarkWolf wrote:
JesusMonroe wrote:
JesusMonroe wrote:
How long is each case? (Is each one a normal length aside from the tutorial)

Is every case connected? (Just say "no" if there are any cases that are apparently unconnected until the final case)

Is there room for a sequel?

Where does the game take place?

Are there any moments in the game that are particularly hard/seemingly impossible to localize compared to the first? Any clues relating to the English language?

Just posting again since there are more people who've finished the game now :p


Spoiler: Full game spoilers but no specifics
1. Case 2 and 3 are normal 2 investigation 2 trial. Case 4 is Investigation>Trial>Investigation. Case 5 is Trial>Investigation>Trial.

2. Yes. Some more than others.

3. I don't know. It does feel somewhat like an ending, but I dunno.

4. Case 1 in Japan. The rest take place in England.

5. I dunno, I didn't actually play the game, I only know everything from the videos and liveblogs.


One slightly more specific thing about question 2. Basically, I'd say the answer is technically "no".

Spoiler: Mild Spoilers but nothing specific
Case 2 is the only one with no major connections to the over-arching plot of the game. The only thing linking it in is the very last segment, after the trial is over. Case 2's actual plot is wholly unrelated to the game's overall story arc.


I've watched up to the very beginning of Case 4, and regarding Question 5: a character makes a pun on a Japanese word that sounds like their English name at one point. That's the closest I've seen to something really hard to localize. The moment makes no sense anyway, as it's established that all characters are speaking English in the London cases, and the character in question is English. Why would they make a Japanese-specific pun on their name?

Regarding clues relating to English, they do exist.
Spoiler: Specifics, obviously spoilers
In Case 1, the culprit having the same initials as the defendant is a plot point.

In Case 3, you're required to notice one character's signature, in English, on a piece of evidence at one point. You do have another piece of evidence with the same signature on it, so for a Japanese audience it's more presented as a matching puzzle.

Should also mention that Case 3 contains a newspaper written entirely in English, and it's all fully grammatical and makes sense. (Not much of it besides the headlines is relevant to the case though) Someone working on the game must have been fluent in English. (I would have preferred "Grim Reaper" rather than "Death Bringer" for Barok's "shinigami" title though.

Something something please localize DGS.
Re: "I just want to know one thing" - DGS2 editionTopic%20Title
User avatar

Pees'lubn Andistan'dhin

Gender: Male

Location: Khura'in

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:11 am

Posts: 1223

tl;dr of above:

No, there's no hard to localize clues.
Re: "I just want to know one thing" - DGS2 editionTopic%20Title
User avatar

Ace Fangirl

Gender: Female

Location: The Netherlands

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Wed Jun 01, 2016 12:08 pm

Posts: 217

BigKlingy wrote:
Spoiler:
Should also mention that Case 3 contains a newspaper written entirely in English, and it's all fully grammatical and makes sense. (Not much of it besides the headlines is relevant to the case though) Someone working on the game must have been fluent in English.

I'm convinced that was Janet Hsu. Her name is listed in the game's credits, after all.
Page 2 of 2 [ 47 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  

 Board index » Phoenix Wright » World's Fair (DGS2)

Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum
Jump to:  
News News Site map Site map SitemapIndex SitemapIndex RSS Feed RSS Feed Channel list Channel list
Powered by phpBB

phpBB SEO