Board index » Phoenix Wright » Baker Street » Great Exhibition (TGAA2)

Page 2 of 4[ 127 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Re: DGS2 Speculation ThreadTopic%20Title

I'm fine and ready for justice!

Maybe his name would be "Kieth Roon"? Take a stab at the pun.
If you need a defense attorney, come talk to me! I just...can't take any cases that are in real life...it has to be on Miiverse. But I'm a justice-seeking warrior who wins every time, like Mr. Fine over there! Well, as long as you're not guilty. In Justice We Trust!

Happy Maria

Get a room? And I don't think there's too many English puns in DGS anyway.

Take off "th" and "o" and switch around the first and last name. Most of the English names I've seen are English puns, like: Jezail Brett, Oscar Fairplay, Thrice-Fired Mortar, Adam Redifast, Rupert Crogray, ect,
If you need a defense attorney, come talk to me! I just...can't take any cases that are in real life...it has to be on Miiverse. But I'm a justice-seeking warrior who wins every time, like Mr. Fine over there! Well, as long as you're not guilty. In Justice We Trust!

Happy Maria

Rookie? Wow.

and I guess that's fair enough.

Racing through the sky like a Missile

I simply must object to a non-Payne-like tutorial prosecutor. It is one of the series' staples and there is always reason to anticipate the quirky character design. Heck, why not just call in an ancestor of Flynch if they don't have an original character already?
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com

There's always the possibility that Auchi simply wanted to prove himself worthy again because of what happened in the first case and the Japanese government sent him to England. But then again, I wonder how they'd tie in the Closing Argument system with a first case. Seems a bit much. But then again, the Japanese courtroom was very under-used so there's a possibility it'll be there.

Happy Maria

Heck,maybe they could make us play as Yuujin or Susato instead as lawyers in Japan. It doesn't have to be Asougi.

There's still the fact that everyone was shocked that a Japanese girl was standing in court (Auchi at least), so Susato's out of the question. I could see Yuujin, though, it'd be interesting.

Apollo4Justice wrote:
There's still the fact that everyone was shocked that a Japanese girl was standing in court (Auchi at least), so Susato's out of the question. I could see Yuujin, though, it'd be interesting.

Who's Yuujin?

I'd like to see a case where you get to play as Kazuma and Susato assists him to see how they work together and learn more about his character.
All Lives Matter
Just Do It
Keep It Classic
Equality
Dream Big
All for one One for all
#Autism Speaks
#Mamba Mentality#8#24#2
Celebrate Each New Day
#WNBAAllDay
Xenoblade Chronicles 2
Kingdom Heats 3
Xenoblade Chronicles
Destiny 2
I'm interested in mechanics,so I would be happy to learn about snake traps.
Good isn't a thing you are Its a thing you do

Happy Maria

Yuujin is Susato's father from the first case.

Southern Corn (SC) wrote:

And a university professor, if my memory serves? I can't remember what the name of it was, though.

Apollo4Justice wrote:

And a university professor, if my memory serves? I can't remember what the name of it was, though.

Teito Yuumei University
All Lives Matter
Just Do It
Keep It Classic
Equality
Dream Big
All for one One for all
#Autism Speaks
#Mamba Mentality#8#24#2
Celebrate Each New Day
#WNBAAllDay
Xenoblade Chronicles 2
Kingdom Heats 3
Xenoblade Chronicles
Destiny 2

Happy Maria

Oh,and also I felt that
Spoiler: BIGGGGGG DGS SPOILERZ HOW MUCH MORE DO I GOTTA EMPHASISE THIS MON COME ON OF COURSE THERE'S GOING TO BE SPOILERS YOU DUMBO BUT WHATEVER FINE I'LL TAG IT
the whole thing with the Russian Revolutionary and the World Fair never came to fruition. I wonder if we'll see that in the next game?

Now that we have the picture of Russia from Famitsu,I think it's safe to say that some part of the game will take place in the World Fair. So...called it!

Edit:And also,since Sōseki's flat was mentioned,I think it's safe to say we'll be seeing those two weirdos again.

The Enigma

I think Ryu and Susato will get together at the end of the game. Maybe in an epilogue (or a DGS3).
I've heard rumors… Bramimond, one of the eight legends, devoted himself entirely to the dark. All emotion, all memory… dissolved in a river of dark. That is how he received the power to best dragons

I'm kinda hoping when we see Susato again, she'll have some ghost stories to share and she and Iris can enjoy reading ghost stories that haunt Ryu and Sherlock for days.

Sherlock: "Don't be ridiculous! There are no such things as ghosts."
...next day...
Ryu: "...Mr. Holmes? Are you alright? You look like you haven't slept."
Sherlock: "Oh, no worries, Mr. Naruhodou. I've just had so many things on my mind last night..."
Ryu: (He must have woken up to some nightmares...)
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu

Happy Maria

I on the other hand,think that they'll meet up early on in the game.

Mia Payne

It's gonna suck just as much as the first DGS.

Happy Maria

While I think the first DGS is one of Takumi's worse instalments of the franchise,it still has that Takumi charm to it that makes it better than AAI,JfA and DD. But the second should be better as it should at least close up all the plot holes.

Don't mind him. He's just been so salty about Holmes in that game that he finds no other redeemable value to it and finds the need to hate on it just because.

Looking forward to the World's Fair. Can't wait for the inevitable expo shows.

Happy Maria

Really? But Holmes is the best! D:

But judging from the screenshots,I think there'll be a murder in the
Spoiler: Case 4
weird Hamlet guy's room.

Also,I did notice that some of the screenshots they showed were from case four,which could make it a plot heavy case?! Still doesn't make it that good though.

While I think the first DGS is one of Takumi's worse instalments of the franchise,it still has that Takumi charm to it that makes it better than AAI,JfA and DD. But the second should be better as it should at least close up all the plot holes.

How many plot holes are there? I can think of only one
All Lives Matter
Just Do It
Keep It Classic
Equality
Dream Big
All for one One for all
#Autism Speaks
#Mamba Mentality#8#24#2
Celebrate Each New Day
#WNBAAllDay
Xenoblade Chronicles 2
Kingdom Heats 3
Xenoblade Chronicles
Destiny 2

Happy Maria

Theres a whole list on that. (SPOILERS)

Those are unsolved mysteries, though. A plot hole is when a part of the plot just doesn't make sense and contradicts other things about the story, which is not the case with DGS.
Signature loading, please wait...

Happy Maria

Eh,you get what I'm saying. Lots of unsolved stuff.

I still hope they make a third one though.

Happy Maria

Apollo4Justice wrote:

EHEHEHEHEHEH

Spoiler: DGS1 and promo
Though you are technically right,since she's masquerading as a man this time. And Yuujin is the assistant too! What a surprise!

I definitely did not expect Sōseki and Hosonoga to return though. And the victim of the first case....well,we all kinda saw that one coming. The victim of the second case,I think,is the Hamlet guy. I'm thinking the guy he was arguing with to be the killer.

Apologize to the Funyarinpa!

Spoiler: DGS-1,5; DGS2-1
I remember seeing a theory somewhere that went something like, "What if the name "A. Sasha" mentioned on the telegram refers to Jezail Brett?" (Since she assassinated John Watson, and A. Sasha is a pun on assassination.) If that theory turns out to be true, then the telegram may be a list of people to be killed. We know that she's most likely the victim of DGS2-1 (could also be someone else disguised as her?), and if you remember that two of the people mentioned on the telegram (K. Asougi and J. Watson) have already been killed, it's possible that we'll also be seeing Gregson become a victim. Then again, it could just be a crack theory and A. Sasha is actually someone else. :yogi:

However, one more thing I realize as I'm typing this is that the first names of these people are never explicitly revealed on the telegram; the protagonists simply assume that three of the names refer to Kazuma Asougi, John Watson, and Tobias Gregson. I have a feeling this might play a role in a plot twist of some sort. :ron: (Also, the same leitmotif plays for Jezail and the Shakespeare actor during his brief appearance in DGS-4, if that could indicate a possible connection between the two. Or it's actually just another random people theme song. :eh?:)

Ace Fangirl

Spoiler: About the names:
Hang on... If the list was indeed a list of people to be killed, why would A. Sasha be on this list? If we're assuming A. Sasha is an assassin, someone else would be assassinating this assassin. It's possible, of course, but it strikes me as odd for there to be two different assassins.

I think the list might be more about people who know a certain something they shouldn't know- perhaps they were involved in an incident. What's oddest about the list is that while John Watson moved between the two countries (Japan and England), Gregson has presumably never been to Japan before and Asougi has presumably never been to England before. (Unless K. Asougi is the father of Kazuma and our Asougi Jr. wanted to finish what his father started, or something.)

Spoiler: About case 2's victim:
I still think it's very odd that the victim appears to be Juror #3 (he's dressed like him, anyway) but is found in the Shakespeare guy's apartment. They're not the same person, so which of the two is the victim? Is the Shakespeare guy dressed as Juror #3 or was Juror #3 murdered in this guy's apartment for some reason? I hope we get some clarification on this soon.

Right now, what I'm thinking is that Juror #3 killed the Shakespeare guy and something happened to his clothes, so he swapped outfits with the dead guy. Clothes swapping has been a thing in AA before.

Happy Maria

In regards to the last point,it's a random people song. It also plays for Hosonoga and....eggy. Though I do notice that
Spoiler: whole game
none of the villains had their own unique theme,unless you count their reminiscence themes. A first I think for the series

Last edited by Southern Corn on Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ace Fangirl

Southern Corn wrote:
In regards to the last point,it's a random people song. It also plays for Hosonoga and....eggy. Though I do notice that
Spoiler: whole game
none of the characters had their own unique theme,unless you count their reminiscence themes. A first I think for the series

Hm?

Spoiler:
Lots of characters had their own unique music. Not just main characters like Holmes, Asougi, Susato and Iris, but also Souseki, Gina, Gregson and Vortex. And Van Zieks, of course. I think that's pretty on par with most AA soundtracks.

Happy Maria

Sorry,I meant villains,not characters in general

Wotter boy

I suspect we'll get to play as "Ryuutaro" at a later point in the game.

If the bit about
Spoiler:
Ryuunosuke losing his right to defend
is true later on, that is a plausibility.

But what if...
Spoiler:
Ryuunosuke gets his own disguise? Between him and Susato and Sherlock, the possibilities are endless!

Rubia Ryu the Royal wrote:
If the bit about
Spoiler:
Ryuunosuke losing his right to defend
is true later on, that is a plausibility.

But what if...
Spoiler:
Ryuunosuke gets his own disguise? Between him and Susato and Sherlock, the possibilities are endless!

Spoiler: Something that will totally happen in DGS2
What if the DLC costumes for those three are just their regular clothes cause they are actually disguised through the whole game?! Heck, maybe all the returning characters we have seen with their own clothes on are actually someone else in disguise.

Signature loading, please wait...

Ace Fangirl

Southern Corn wrote:
Sorry,I meant villains,not characters in general

I get the feeling the OST was so full of character-specific songs for non-villains that they didn't have the time to develop songs for the actual villians. I except that if we get a certain Big Bad from the Sherlock Holmes novel series, he'll have his own themesong, though. He's just that important.

Speaking of incorporating more stuff from the novels, are we ever going to see Mycroft? Or at least a mention of him?

Well, that trial sure was interesting!

On another note, something just came into my mind recently, since I've been watching the DGS subbed playthrough and I'm currently at the trial for The Adventure of the Clouded Kokoro.

Spoiler:
Namely, the Garrideb's cursed flat. We never actually know why Garrideb says it's cursed, do we? So far,
the only other thing that comes to mind regarding that is that Souseki has nightmares of being strangled ever since lodging there (which I suppose stopped when he went back to Japan, considering how he's much more...confident in DGS 2-1.

It seems DGS 2-2 involves a guy who actually is murdered in the flat (who I think might be the Hamlet-loving Mysterious Man A from The Clouded Kokoro; some people say it might be The Runaway Room's Juror No. 3, but the former seems more likely to me), so...hmmm.

"When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."

元・超会社員級の管理人

Calling it now: I know the killer of DGS2-1.

Spoiler: DGS2-1, theory based off of the demo
So let's recall: the only reason everyone went to the beach was that Souseki and Yuujin had a chat at the university for posterity, and Jezail showed up and invited everyone to the beach. Murasame, Souseki, and Hosonaga accompanied her.

Now pause. We have four very important clues:
-We get a newspaper article (with photo) of Yuujin and Souseki's chat. Yuujin mentions that it wasn't their idea, it was the newspaper's.
-The photo doesn't appear to have anything that could be a clue - but very conspicuously, the image is cracked, as though the camera plates were damaged.
-Jezail was holding an ink pen when she was killed.
-Jezail's autopsy report mentions her pupils were very constricted at the time of death, but it wasn't poison.

Now, Souseki also has a journalist tailing him who pops up to take photos whenever he poses. It looks like an animation gag: but here's the thing. Said journalist also has an ink stain on the back of his hand:

Conclusion: the journalist isn't just an animation gag - he's a real character, and he did it. He doesn't really care about Souseki, but he promo'd Souseki and set up the meeting with Yuujin to get close to Jezail. At the beach, he blinded her with the flash of his camera (the hut was very dark - you would expect her pupils to be dilated, not constricted) and killed her.

Spoiler: Bonus meta clue
Also, the Famitsu scans specifically pointed him out in a little sub-box.

Hi! I've largely stepped back from C-R due to life stuff. Please contact one of the other staff members for help!

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.

Happy Maria

Yeah,I was also expecting that person to be the killer. Just seemed a bit suspicious overall. The theory with the eyes is also good. Great minds think alike,I suppose!

You know what else I think?

Spoiler: DGS1 and possibly 2
His name is A.Sasha.

Excellent work, Bolt. You may be onto something.

Spoiler: to the above
I admit I had my doubts regarding the ink pen and had previously cast it aside as a red herring, but when you brought up the bit about Jezail's eyes constricting, everything else falls neatly into place. She would have had to be blinded for an instant before death, and as long as no one else brought along a flashlight (though I can't help but imagine Haori did just to be safe), he'd be the only suspect able to blind her.

But if he did blind her by camera flash, then perhaps there would be a picture to "commemorate" the moment before the stabbing? Would there be something else revealed in that picture, or would it just be the victim before she was killed? Also, why would he need to set the flash? If it was dark in there, what would be the point to blind the victim? Was he trying to keep her in place so he could strike in the dark? Or to locate her because he couldn't see clearly?

To be honest, I would be a little disappointed if this first case also ends with the killer not revealing any kind of motive.

Edit: Oh, wait.
Spoiler: cont. from above
If the camera lens was cracked, it implies Jezail may have fought back.
She could have struck at her attacker, so he triggered the camera and disoriented her. Then, it would have been him who provided the photo of the crime scene to the police. After all, Hosonaga was playing with his turtle and Souseki with his crab. Who else would have taken the photo?

But I'm still a little confused about the pen. Namely, why place a pen in her hand just to frame the defendant? Couldn't he have left nothing at all?

Spoiler: to SC
Sorry, but I don't think he's A. Sasha. Even if Sasha is the surname, this reporter doesn't seem like such an important character to be listed with the likes of Watson and Asougi. He can be a spy and/or assassin, but I believe that list is for people targeted for "erasure". It's no mere coincidence that two of the four names listed are dead (implying that even if Asougi weren't killed on the way, he would be targeted later).

Would this reporter be the one the encoded telegram was meant for? Maybe, I dunno, but just this once, I'm actually hoping the first case culprit isn't a subordinate of some mastermind sent to kill Jezail. He could have done it for more selfish reasons.

Last edited by Rubia Ryu the Royal on Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Happy Maria

Spoiler: To Rubia
Well,freaking Gregson was in the telegram,and he was the guy entrusted with protecting it. So anything's possible. This reporter guy is still incredibly suspicious. I don't know what his motive would be though. Though we don't even know Jezail's motive to murdering Dr.Watson,technically.

Anyway,I think I've figured out the killer in the second(?) case.

Spoiler: Possible spoilers

It's the heavy chinned bloke on the right. Just screams suspicious to me. Though maybe it'll be the Hamlet guy,but that seems too obvious to me.

Spoiler: reply
Oh, yeah. Gregson. But it very well could have been a telegram that was intercepted from a foreign source and thus placed in his custody, so I don't think it was a list directed to him. (Actually, was that mentioned in the previous game? I don't quite remember.) Well, we'll see who "A. Sasha" really is. Heck, maybe it's not actually "Sasha". Maybe it's Sasher. Sascher. The Germans are involved, I knew it!

Spoiler: as for the other thing
Wait. So the angry big-chinned bloke was so sick of hearing Hamlet guy's recitals of Shakespeare that he killed Juror No. 3 and framed Hamlet guy for the murder? Possibly? Maybe? Please? :3

Page 2 of 4 [ 127 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Baker Street » Great Exhibition (TGAA2)