Board index » Phoenix Wright » World's Fair (DGS2)

Page 1 of 1[ 9 posts ]

Episode one discussion threadTopic%20Title

sans.

This is the discussion thread for DGS2 episode one. The Adventure of the Blossoming Attorney! Please use spoiler tags when discussing any plot points of the episode that haven't been officially announced.
Hey! My current life situation is [low-level internal screaming], so I may be slow to respond to things. Thanks for understanding!

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.
Re: Episode one discussion threadTopic%20Title

Ultimate Detective

So, like people guessed, the killer was
Spoiler:
The reporter, Heita Mamemomi, whose breakdown involved him spinning his camera and being tossed by Haori and Susato.

Yatta.

I hate to admit it, but I'm struggling... struggling to understand name puns!

Knowing Takumi, it's entirely possible that he just came up with some random words/sounds and stuck them together to make names. But I would think there's more to it than that...

That said,
Spoiler: character name
"Mamemomi Heita" really does just sound like a bunch of gibberish. And no, I couldn't find any particular meaning behind the kanji in his name either. I truly believe his name was created just so Souseki could make a fool out of himself on the stand by revealing it.

As for Haori, well, a 'haori' is a type of robe that's primarily worn by males, and it's more of a jacket-robe kind of thing. What she's wearing is not that. But hey, if a certain someone gets to dress up as a guy, why not have a girl whose name is a pun on something male? Besides, that family name, Murasame, has some real impact considering it's both the name of some historical figures and a famous legend of a bladesmith.
Spoiler: minor one from pre-trial
Besides, I think people are just going to start shipping her with Susato anyway.

Help! My parents (Phoenix Wright & Miles Edgeworth) are irresponsible drunks!

Click here for the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney Translation Project Blog!
Various official AA stuff translations currently in the works.

Also, click here for the current archive of fanfiction or here for the backup archive. Click here for the blog that updates it.
Includes translations of misc. fan works related or not to AA.
Also, a very popular fanfic ask meme.

I write to share my madness with all.

Rubia Ryu the Royal wrote:
Spoiler: minor one from pre-trial
Besides, I think people are just going to start shipping her with Susato anyway.

I mean, in all fairness...
Spoiler:
It kind of feels like the game is actively shipping Haori and Susato together, with how they seemed to be in a contest of who can flatter the other more. That, and as mentioned before how they toss the case one culprit together. Like I said in the chat, Haori has a prominent place in the key art. So she will probably appear again, connected to Susato.

On a related note to the above, did anyone else completely lose it when
Spoiler:
The Judge came out of nowhere to also toss the culprit? I haven't laughed so hard in a long time. That being said, it's very suspicious that's he's only the second judge to ever get a name, counting Justine Courtney.

I fell into fanfic hell many years ago. This place is my home now.

That said,
"Mamemomi Heita" really does just sound like a bunch of gibberish. And no, I couldn't find any particular meaning behind the kanji in his name either. I truly believe his name was created just so Souseki could make a fool out of himself on the stand by revealing it.

I have a suggestion.

Could it be "mame"=diligently/devotedly, and "momi" (the gerund form of momu)= to argue/fight, and heita could be "hater"?

Is there any chance of the footage from today's stream being posted anywhere? I missed large chunks of it due to being at work, and I ordered a physical copy so it'll take a while to reach me :acro:

Yatta.

Kotori wrote:

That said,

I have a suggestion.

Could it be "mame"=diligently/devotedly, and "momi" (the gerund form of momu)= to argue/fight, and heita could be "hater"?

Spoiler: response, major case spoilers
They're loosely related in some way, true, but I don't think that's it. The way he kept repeating his last name over and over and that it's usually highlighted in red may either suggest it has plot significance down the line or that it's meant to be said as a tongue twister. And while he was angry with Jezail, I don't think "hater" really applies to him. If we're to believe him, it was a spur of the moment murder, not a planned one.

That said, I can see there being more to him than meets the eye. Perhaps he'll come back into play in a later case?

Quote:
Is there any chance of the footage from today's stream being posted anywhere? I missed large chunks of it due to being at work, and I ordered a physical copy so it'll take a while to reach me :acro:

Seconded. I was there for most of the stream, but due to lag and bad connections, I missed a good deal too. :(
Help! My parents (Phoenix Wright & Miles Edgeworth) are irresponsible drunks!

Click here for the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney Translation Project Blog!
Various official AA stuff translations currently in the works.

Also, click here for the current archive of fanfiction or here for the backup archive. Click here for the blog that updates it.
Includes translations of misc. fan works related or not to AA.
Also, a very popular fanfic ask meme.

Let's Eta some food!

Just started the case. At the second testimony.

Spoiler:
I don't really get why Haori removed the knife from the victim since she's a medical student if it would just cause her to loose more blood. In fact, that would just cement herself as the real killer technically, right? But I bet the contradiction lies in the last statement with the motive.

Though I swear if the journalist didn't do it I'll be super disappointed.

Also, 'unnecessary feelings' lol

Hi, I'm Socot. After waking up from a poison-induced coma which I was in for 7 years, I decided to take to prosecuting, hoping I would discover my true identity by doing so. So far, I have gone undefeated,but I have not regained my memory. Will I get it back?

Story CrafterSC's Case Rankings™SC's LinksMysterious QR CodeExtra Lore on Socot

What is a quadrilateral with one 90° angle called? PM me the answer. Those who succeed get a free cookie! :cookie:

I write to share my madness with all.

Socot wrote:

Spoiler:
I don't really get why Haori removed the knife from the victim since she's a medical student if it would just cause her to loose more blood. In fact, that would just cement herself as the real killer technically, right? But I bet the contradiction lies in the last statement with the motive.

Spoiler:
Wait, where is there a line about unnecessary feelings? Because knowing Shu Takumi, he would totally do that on purpose just to mess with his audience.

I fell into fanfic hell many years ago. This place is my home now.

Let's Eta some food!

:adrian:
Snowthefirst wrote:
Socot wrote:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Wait, where is there a line about unnecessary feelings? Because knowing Shu Takumi, he would totally do that on purpose just to mess with his audience.

Spoiler:
At the start. Poor Haori is very confused about her best friend looking so....'gallant'.

Hi, I'm Socot. After waking up from a poison-induced coma which I was in for 7 years, I decided to take to prosecuting, hoping I would discover my true identity by doing so. So far, I have gone undefeated,but I have not regained my memory. Will I get it back?

Story CrafterSC's Case Rankings™SC's LinksMysterious QR CodeExtra Lore on Socot

What is a quadrilateral with one 90° angle called? PM me the answer. Those who succeed get a free cookie! :cookie:
Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

Board index » Phoenix Wright » World's Fair (DGS2)