Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby

Page 3 of 42[ 1657 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 42  Next

Re: OK, I admit you could make a case for Edgey being gay...Topic%20Title

俺の黄金の魔女

Oh great. I don't mind the topics being merged, but I kind of used the title I had for a REASON.

Desert rose, why do you live alone?

ANYWAY...

Wait, what were we talking about again?
Re: Miles Edgeworth: Gay or GAY?Topic%20Title

Say what now, pal?

Why do things always get stirred up when P&E is brought up? XD

I don't really have much to offer in ways of discussion right now. Too tired. I love Musouka for making this awesome thread where we P&E fans can hang out. If you don't like it, you don't have to visit the thread. :/

I'll also try to find some nice fan art to post.

And lastly,

Morinozuka Takashi wrote:
I saw the video you linked... I was wondering if anyone knows the name of the first song they played?

Aha, the song is Konna ni Chikaku de by CRYSTAL KAY. It happens to be an ending song to one of my favorite anime, Nodame Cantabile, so bonus points to whoever made that video.

Though the second song was really really chessy. I also lol'd at the engrish.

I will protect you....Fräulein

I dont really get these topics....
Thanks DarzieP for this sweet sig and avatar!!!!!
Gamertag:Gameplayer291

Say what now, pal?

What's not to get?

Musouka created this thread for fans of P&E, or any other BL pairings in AA. You can post fan art, have discussions, etc.

Just like any other thread. And like I said, if you don't like any of that stuff, why are you posting in this thread in the first place?

~There's Some Sorrow In Every Life~

P&E is goooooood stuff! ^__^

>_>

Ace Prosecutor wrote:
I dont really get these topics....

But most fandoms have stuff like this...

And I love P&E! They're so cute together. ^__^

(/o3o)/ ♥ \(ovo\)

Waitwaitwaitwait...

What's with all the hate?

If you don't like yaoi, then what's the point of reading on past
musouka wrote:
I figured this was a good name for a yaoi thread. :yogi:

We're here to enjoy our yaoi fantasies, not rant on about how uncanon they are. =]

And a cute present for everyone:

Spoiler:

mario2000 wrote:
But certainly not Nick. First of all, he had a girlfriend whom he was very much attracted to. :that-b-word: Second, he falls head over heels for April May. Third, he can't seem to meet a woman without pointing out how attractive they are (Dee Vasquez, Adrian Andrews, Angel Starr IIRC).

It could be a passing comment. My dad and I constantly point out if someone is attractive, because they are. I doesn't me WE are ATTRACTED to the personally. Since last time I checked I wasn't Bi...

Well my dad is but... yeah. lol.

EDIT: On a side note, why's everyone so fired up about :phoenix: x :edgy: yet you get showers of praise for :adrian: x :franny: ?

Or have I missed something?

Gimme a hollar for random chat anytime (PMs booshtard. 8D)

Am I your wild-type?

^
Don't you know? teh yaoi's "evil" to some yuri and het fans. =P
yes, I wondered what's up with praising Fran/Adrian yet hating on NaruMitsu fans, too...

So I salute Musouka-chan for this thread. I shall return to this thread with doujinshis/scans. I scanned 2 out of my 4 PW doujinshis so far~.

Oh, and thanks. *goes to look for the song now* X3

俺の黄金の魔女

I_R_Unorthodox wrote:
EDIT: On a side note, why's everyone so fired up about :phoenix: x :edgy: yet you get showers of praise for :adrian: x :franny: ?

I'd imagine it's because they're two (relatively) minor characters with comparatively limited other shipping options, as compared to Phoenix and Edgeworth who are major characters with a ton of screen time. (And with whom a lot of guys relate)

So moe for Makoto it's funny.

If you're a yuri fan but consider yaoi evil, you need a serious dose of anti-hypocrisy.
Image (Awesome sig art by Axl99!)

musouka wrote:
I_R_Unorthodox wrote:

I'd imagine it's because they're two (relatively) minor characters with comparatively limited other shipping options, as compared to Phoenix and Edgeworth who are major characters with a ton of screen time. (And with whom a lot of guys relate)

Hmm... I hope you're right there. :hyde:

Part of me sometimes wonders if it's the usual fan stupidity.

I.E A ton of guys who adore GirlxGirl pairings but think it's blasphamy to have a guyxGuy and vise versa for girls. Though (but I hate to admit this) it is usually the girls who are narrow minded about yuri.

Best sport in the world, According to a friend: Telling a die hard hypocritical fangirl her pairing sucks over MSN and that yuri rocks.The insults you get are worth taking notes. (They showed me a save convo once)

@Funk. AGREED.

@Morinozuka Takashi: Yeah I knew. Just pointing it out/checking it out anyhow

Am I your wild-type?

CantFaketheFunk wrote:
If you're a yuri fan but consider yaoi evil, you need a serious dose of anti-hypocrisy.

Also if you're the opposite of that.
Which I tend to notice a little more often.. No offense to any fangirls. >.>

So... Which do you like more:
Edgeworth/Phoenix or Edgeworth/Gumshoe?

CantFaketheFunk wrote:

:phoenix: x :edgy: !

I think Gumshoe would seriously annoy Worthy after awhile.... mind you so could Phoenix... *has completly destroyed her own argument*

Am I your wild-type?

^
Heh. I personally prefer Phoenix/Edgeworth, myself.
Phoenix would tease him to the point of annoyance and all, but only because it's amusing. =P

^
Heh. I personally prefer Phoenix/Edgeworth, myself.
Phoenix would tease him to the point of annoyance and all, but only because it's fun to. =P

lol ya. Wrighto's not exactly the type to say something hurtful/irratating unless he's pokeing fun.

CantFaketheFunk wrote:

What about if you just plain don't like viewing Yaoi?
I yell "OBJECTION!" in the court sometimes!

俺の黄金の魔女

I think any fangirl can get her ire raised when faced with the hipocrisy that Funk mentioned, though. I'm sure I'd get some creative insults too if I went over to the yuri boards and loudly proclaimed how inferior it was compared to BL. Personally, liking both, I hate it when people act like you have to choose one or the other.

One wank in particular stands out in my mind, where a girl very politely said that she wasn't into yuri, even though she had given it numerous tries. Because of the way the relationships were often portrayed, it reminded her of the time she was nearly sexually assaulted by a woman. The guy's reply was "I doubt you'd hate yaoi if you were assaulted by a man, you hypocrite!"

Likewise, I have seen fangirls go on and on about how BL is awesome and amazing, but how people are just such low-life perverts for liking a girl/girl couple. It's ridiculous.

It's just a matter of being polite to other people.

musouka wrote:
I think any fangirl can get her ire raised when faced with the hipocrisy that Funk mentioned, though. I'm sure I'd get some creative insults too if I went over to the yuri boards and loudly proclaimed how inferior it was compared to BL. Personally, liking both, I hate it when people act like you have to choose one or the other.

One wank in particular stands out in my mind, where a girl very politely said that she wasn't into yuri, even though she had given it numerous tries. Because of the way the relationships were often portrayed, it reminded her of the time she was nearly sexually assaulted by a woman. The guy's reply was "I doubt you'd hate yaoi if you were assaulted by a man, you hypocrite!"

Likewise, I have seen fangirls go on and on about how BL is awesome and amazing, but how people are just such low-life perverts for liking a girl/girl couple. It's ridiculous.

What she said.

musouka wrote:

Man, there was a comic about that somewhere. A guy was looking at a picture of two lesbians, his female friend chastised him for gawking at the picture for his own pleasure, then she proceeds to enjoy her Yaoi. Have you seen it and if so, do you know where it is?

No one says you have to like yaoi, yuri or het. Hell, you can like any combination of the three, all of them or none at all. However, when you start attacking other people for their preferences, then there are problems.

Case in point: 4chan. Though the site was never known for a mature community, regulars of the /u/ and /y/ boards have been know to flood each other with yaoi in /u/ and yuri in /y/ respectively. These kind of wars are unnecessary and prove absolutely nothing other than you are a tool who takes shit too seriously...
I yell "OBJECTION!" in the court sometimes!

Look at the location

I_R_Unorthodox wrote:
CantFaketheFunk wrote:

:phoenix: x :edgy: !

I think Gumshoe would seriously annoy Worthy after awhile.... mind you so could Phoenix... *has completly destroyed her own argument*

I prefer :devasque: / :morgan: over :phoenix: / :edgeworth: and :franny: / :adrian:

Dee Vasquez wrote:

I prefer :devasque: / :morgan: over :phoenix: / :edgeworth: and :franny: / :adrian:

Yes, pairings which have no actual basis in reality are awesome! And much better than pairings between two characters who actually have interesting, dynamic, canon relationships! Woo-hoo for delusion!

俺の黄金の魔女

A short scene from "Please Mr. Lostman". <3 <3 <3

^ Awwwww!

That made me feel fuzzy for it's cuteness!

Matta!!!!

Location: The Great Country of Snow!...no not Russia!...Canada^^''

ahhhhhhhhhh so cute^^ I really love this one^^ I personally believe Edgy would love Phoenix as a person and not as man. I don't think he really cares, as long as the person he loves loves him in return...and even more! As long as the person pleases him, I don't think he really care XD :edgeworth:
"Truth will always find its way through darkness..."

Hey, pal!

CantFaketheFunk wrote:
Dee Vasquez wrote:

Yes, pairings which have no actual basis in reality are awesome! And much better than pairings between two characters who actually have interesting, dynamic, canon relationships! Woo-hoo for delusion!

Because Nick's totally gay it's not like he's ever been in a stable relationship with a woman, or commented on how beautiful a woman is. He's constantly going on and on about Edgeworth's tight ass.

Seriously, I can buy :edgeworth: -> :phoenix: , but :phoenix: -> :edgeworth: is an enormous stretch, that I don't buy. There's very little evidence, and honestly, the idea that Nick is "selectively gay" for Edgy, while possible, doesn't address the fact that Nick clearly prefers women, thus making it unlikely that he'd want to be in a stable relationship with Edgy.

Honestly, I consider De/Morgan equal in canon-ness to Nick -> Edgy.

[edit]: Edited to make sure I don't seem too sure of myself.
Siggy by Vickinator. Who is amazing

俺の黄金の魔女

MoogleGunner wrote:
Seriously, I can buy :edgeworth: -> :phoenix: , but :phoenix: -> :edgeworth: is an enormous stretch, that I absolutely refuse to buy. There's very little evidence, and honestly, the idea that Nick is "selectively gay" for Edgy, while possible, doesn't address the fact that Nick clearly prefers women, thus making it unlikely that he'd want to be in a stable relationship with Edgy.

Phoenix has reacted deeper towards Edgeworth than he has ANY woman he's ever evidenced attraction to. He built his career around Edgeworth, even after having not seen him for fifteen years. He refuses to believe it was even possible for Edgeworth ACCIDENTLY shoot someone...as a child. He's depressed and angry and getting worse throughout GS2, refusing to even talk about Edgeworth to Maya.

"I'm the only one who knows the real Edgeworth!"

No proof, my ass.

MoogleGunner wrote:
CantFaketheFunk wrote:
Dee Vasquez wrote:

Because Nick's totally gay it's not like he's ever been in a stable relationship with a woman, or commented on how beautiful a woman is. He's constantly going on and on about Edgeworth's tight ass.

Seriously, I can buy :edgeworth: -> :phoenix: , but :phoenix: -> :edgeworth: is an enormous stretch, that I don't buy. There's very little evidence, and honestly, the idea that Nick is "selectively gay" for Edgy, while possible, doesn't address the fact that Nick clearly prefers women, thus making it unlikely that he'd want to be in a stable relationship with Edgy.

Honestly, I consider De/Morgan equal in canon-ness to Nick -> Edgy.

[edit]: Edited to make sure I don't seem too sure of myself.

Way to completely, COMPLETELY miss my point.

Even if you don't think they're a couple, which is certainly your right, you'd be a fool to ignore the fact that the relationship between Phoenix and Edgeworth is one of the most complex, dynamic, and developed in the ENTIRE SERIES. Whether romantic or platonic, the two are fiercely connected to one another.

Ergo, it's much less of a stretch to pair them together romantically than it is two characters who appear in completely seperate games and who have NEVER MET outside of somebody's imagination. They're not connected at all. There is NOTHING tying them together (as opposed to the most developed relationship in the series).

Hey, pal!

musouka wrote:
MoogleGunner wrote:
Seriously, I can buy :edgeworth: -> :phoenix: , but :phoenix: -> :edgeworth: is an enormous stretch, that I absolutely refuse to buy. There's very little evidence, and honestly, the idea that Nick is "selectively gay" for Edgy, while possible, doesn't address the fact that Nick clearly prefers women, thus making it unlikely that he'd want to be in a stable relationship with Edgy.

Phoenix has reacted deeper towards Edgeworth than he has ANY woman he's ever evidenced attraction to. He built his career around Edgeworth, even after having not seen him for fifteen years. He refuses to believe it was even possible for Edgeworth ACCIDENTLY shoot someone...as a child. He's depressed and angry and getting worse throughout GS2, refusing to even talk about Edgeworth to Maya.

"I'm the only one who knows the real Edgeworth!"

No proof, my ass.

For some reason that last line reminded me of Kung Fu Hustle *cough*

So? [GS3-1 spoilers... because I happen to have played it >_>;;]

Phoenix tried to KILL HIMSELF to protect [yet un-english-named Chinami] He swallowed what he believed was deadly poison. Seriously? I don't think you get more extreme than that. As for GS2, I think it's far more of a "Childhood Hero" type thing. I don't mean "Judge Walker TV Dude" hero, I mean someone who Nick actually saw and was thoroughly impressed with, one of those "I wanna be like you" things. Now, Edgeworth not shooting someone as a child... well, after he saw the picture, it should have been obvious [honestly was a brain dead monkey running that case?] , but before that... you have somewhat of a point, but remember, Nick also new Edgy at the time that happened, at that time, Edgeworth was Nick's hero, [hell, your own, admittadly cute and fuzzy, comic supports that more than a [future] sexual attraction]. Would you want to admit that your childhood hero might have been a murderer?

He was angry at Edgeworth in GS2, yes. I would be to if I thought one of my friends/childhood hero had killed himself.

俺の黄金の魔女

And, right after that trial, who did he mention? Who did he say he was becoming a lawyer to save? Not a "childhood hero". A friend who needed him. A friend he hadn't seen in fifteen years, yet who he was building his future around. Do you think I'm not arguing that he loved Dahlia? Of course he did. He loved her passionately, truly, and absolutely.

That still doesn't negate the fact that when he came out, after that harrowing experience, the last words he spoke to Mia were about Edgeworth.

I'm going to let Musouka respond to those points because she's a better debater than I am. But I'll just briefly address the whole 'selectively gay' thing.

First of all, Kinsey scale--there is no such thing as completely straight or completely gay. There can be strong preferences, but EVERYBODY is a little bit of both.

No, Nick isn't checking out Edgeworth's hot ass. He's not thinking "man, I would love that cock." You're completely missing what we're saying--he's not attracted to Edgeworth because Edgey's a guy. He's not all "hey, penis, I'M GOIN FOR THAT BECAUSE LOL I'M GAY." That's not his character, and if anybody writes him like that it's poorly done and out of character.

He is attracted to Edgeworth because he is Edgeworth. If Edgey had tits and ovaries, his feelings for him would be the same as they are when he has a penis and testicles. There is the EMOTIONAL connection there, not a physical one.

Imagine if the relationship between Phoenix and Edgeworth was the exact same, only Edgeworth was female. EVERYBODY would go "hey, they're totally in love there." Because their relationship is powerful, well-developed, and dynamic--they both have influenced the other's life so much.

Phoenix is "selectively gay" for Edgeworth not because Edgeworth is a man. The fact that Edgeworth is male is completely irrelevant and incidental. It's the personality and the PERSON that matters, rather than the dangly bits.

I knew this kid fifteen years ago. He was a cool friend of mine, but we haven't spoken in fifteen years. That's a long time.

Oup, now I find out stuff about him. I am going to change my major, change my life's focus, work to get into an incredibly demanding career, BUILD MY LIFE AROUND THIS GUY I HAVEN'T TALKED TO IN FIFTEEN YEARS.

Plus, he was going to be a Shakespearean actor. Phoenix = gay confirmed lol

Hey, pal!

musouka wrote:
And, right after that trial, who did he mention? Who did he say he was becoming a lawyer to save? Not a "childhood hero". A friend who needed him. A friend he hadn't seen in fifteen years, yet who he was building his future around. Do you think I'm not arguing that he loved Dahlia? Of course he did. He loved her passionately, truly, and absolutely.

That still doesn't negate the fact that when he came out, after that harrowing experience, the last words he spoke to Mia were still about Edgeworth.

Ouch. Okay. Point to you for GS3-1 [I'll forfeit the rest of GS3 because I really don't want the ENTIRE game spoiled for me].

But what about GS2. Even if they are just friends, doesn't change the fact that I think nearly anyone would be upset over their friend committing suicide. I really don't see it as anything. I mean, Nick doesn't leave the profession after he apparently drove Edgy to suicide, but he certainly did for Maya [assuming you take the bad ending as some form of canon]. [Ignoring Nick/Maya implications, my point is that in GS2 Nick -> Edgeworth isn't well supported from my view.]

Also, I'm not saying that they're not really close friends, Musouka defiantly proved that point [thanks for it too. That was quite the misinterpretation I had going]. And, IIRC, Nick was already working to change his major to Law anyway. He wanted to be a Lawyer since he was little, Apparently being a "genius" doesn't actually get you into a pre-Law major at Phamous U.

Also, I like Shakespeare.

Finally, I really don't think I'd think Edgewoman and Phoenix would be in love. It really doesn't occur to me as a sexual relationship. To clarify: I have many [frankly attractive] female friends, but only a very few I'd actually want to go out with/ have sex/ whatever. Many of them really are just friends, and Edgewoman and Phoenix would be a really ackward relationship anyway. Granted... if a woman acted like Edgeworth does, I don't think I'd be attracted anyway, but that's a whole nother story.

~We will become one~

Location: ~I am here, I can definitely feel you, we are here in the same sunny spot~

CantFaketheFunk wrote:
I knew this kid fifteen years ago. He was a cool friend of mine, but we haven't spoken in fifteen years. That's a long time.

Oup, now I find out stuff about him. I am going to change my major, change my life's focus, work to get into an incredibly demanding career, BUILD MY LIFE AROUND THIS GUY I HAVEN'T TALKED TO IN FIFTEEN YEARS.

Plus, he was going to be a Shakespearean actor. Phoenix = gay confirmed lol

What YOU said. :D

Nick never really thought Edgeworth was dead. He knew he was alive.

He wasn't upset that his friend had committed suicide. In 2-2 he yells at Maya for even MENTIONING HIS NAME. The simple mention of Edgeworth is enough to make Nick see red and snap at the girl who's like a sister to him. Phoenix isn't upset that his friend 'committed suicide,' he feels personally BETRAYED by Edgeworth vanishing. That's why he's so BLARGH.

Also, uh... the 'bad end' to 2-4 isn't even about Maya. Maya LIVES in that ending, because Nick fulfills his end of the bargain and gets Engarde off. He leaves the profession because he can't bear the shame of what he did--freeing a sociopath and condemning an innocent woman to death. Maya and Edgeworth have nothing to do with that.

I love your eyebrows Sir VK <3

CantFaketheFunk wrote:

Epic win for Funk.

And this thread needs some pie.

Anybody want pictures?
By SaitoEXE on Fanart Central.

SemeEdgey. <3

Hey, pal!

CantFaketheFunk wrote:
Nick never really thought Edgeworth was dead. He knew he was alive.

He wasn't upset that his friend had committed suicide. In 2-2 he yells at Maya for even MENTIONING HIS NAME. The simple mention of Edgeworth is enough to make Nick see red and snap at the girl who's like a sister to him. Phoenix isn't upset that his friend 'committed suicide,' he feels personally BETRAYED by Edgeworth vanishing. That's why he's so BLARGH.

Also, uh... the 'bad end' to 2-4 isn't even about Maya. Maya LIVES in that ending, because Nick fulfills his end of the bargain and gets Engarde off. He leaves the profession because he can't bear the shame of what he did--freeing a sociopath and condemning an innocent woman to death. Maya and Edgeworth have nothing to do with that.

Maya lives in that ending, against her own wishes. She specifically told Nick not to let him go, I'd say she has something to do with it, no?

Also, I kinda missed that Nick knew he was alive. Sorry.

Y'know what... I'm being stupid. Nick dies alone and lonely, because Capcom will never alienate half their fanbase. Of course Nick could have the hots for Edgeworth, hell for all I know he could be wanting to ride Edgeworth's Horse of Internet Imperialism. We don't know nearly enough to really debate it, so proving a negative is impossible.

I apologize for the waste of time.

Desert rose, why do you live alone?

Who actually considers yaoi to be "evil"? I mean, seriously, I can understand not liking it, because I don't like yaoi, but calling it "evil" makes you sound like some kind of crazy Southern preacher who goes around smacking people in the head with the POWER OF CHRIST.
Page 3 of 42 [ 1657 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 42  Next

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby