Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby

Page 60 of 60[ 2372 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 56, 57, 58, 59, 60

Re: Phoenix Wright Cough UpsTopic%20Title

Enoshima Junko-chan!

Spoiler: GK2-3 retcon
GK2-3 expands the factors that can extend the statue of limitations for murder, which actually affect the DL-6 Incident in 1-4. One of these conditions is that if the suspect leaves the country, the statute of limitations is put on hold. Manfred and Miles went to Germany for an indeterminate amount of time, but because of this, DL-6 actually wouldn't be closed on December 28, 2016, the final trial day of 1-4. Of course, these conditions were introduced in GK2, so every character in 1-4 is ignorant of this.

Something that always bothered me about 1-2: Mia tells Maya that if anything ever happens to her, she should contact Marvin Grossberg for help. But Grossberg is the one who sold out Mia's mother to Redd White after DL-6, bringing shame to her and the entire Fey family. He is (partially) responsible for Mia and Maya being basically abandoned by their mother, never to see her again until 3-5. After all that, why would Mia still trust Grossberg enough to recommend him as an attorney? I can maybe see her forgiving his actions and maintaining a friendship with him, but trusting him with her sister's life?

(this may have been addressed in the game, my recollection of GS1 is a little foggy)
If I could just get a piece of lemon, it'd be great.
-Rip Torn
Look, just tell me where that lemon came from and I'll shut up and go away.
-Ricky Gervais
When life gives you lemon, chuck it back at life!
-Unknown

Happy Maria

He was her boss at one point, after all. Besides, it's not as if Mia thought White would come kill her. If he didn't, I'm sure Grossberg would have defended her for some other crime.

Happy Maria

Name: Bent Shichishito
Type of cough up: Impossibility
Description: The Shichishito is found to be bent in the first investigation day of 3-2. We assume it to be due to Mask*DeMasque knocking him out with it, but we see the Shichishito the night before the 'theft' seemingly occurs, and it isn't bent. If Luke arranged it beforehand so that he could meet up with Bullard, how and when did the Shichishito get bent? The only explanation I can see is that there was a spare Shichishito but that really doesn't make that much sense.

I'm ThyDoppelganger. 'Nuff said.

Southern Corn wrote:
Name: Bent Shichishito
Type of cough up: Impossibility
Description: The Shichishito is found to be bent in the first investigation day of 3-2. We assume it to be due to Mask*DeMasque knocking him out with it, but we see the Shichishito the night before the 'theft' seemingly occurs, and it isn't bent. If Luke arranged it beforehand so that he could meet up with Bullard, how and when did the Shichishito get bent? The only explanation I can see is that there was a spare Shichishito but that really doesn't make that much sense.

The wiki states that the true murder weapon was unknown, so it could be possible that the Shichishito was bent after Atmey used it to hit Bullard on the head.
You know, Xin Eoph is much better than the spiky-headed lawyer.

Happy Maria

Ooh, that's an interesting theory, actually. Would've been neat if we had to prove that. Though now I'm more curious in how Luke even carried that thing to KB Security like that with not even the cameras noticing. I know there's some secret ways to work around there without being caught, but it would be very difficult to do so with that long sword.

And also, it's weird that Luke would even choose that. There were far better alternatives.

I'm ThyDoppelganger. 'Nuff said.

Southern Corn wrote:
And also, it's weird that Luke would even choose that. There were far better alternatives.

A bent Shichishito could (and was) used as proof that the Mask*DeMasque(Ron) entered and hit Luke on the head. It would be Luke's excuse as to why Luke couldn't prevent the theft. That's one advantage of bringing the Shichishito to hit Bullard. Using something else might have caused bleeding and ruin Luke's plan... assuming that what hit Bullard would be what was 'used' to hit Luke.
You know, Xin Eoph is much better than the spiky-headed lawyer.

Not sure if this is the right place, but I'm replaying 1-5 and Gumshoe mentioned how Angel was the only one thst could get through to him when he was 16. What is this referring to? Gumshoe would've been 16-years-old 14 years before AA1 so its not related to SL-9 or anything else related to the case IIRC. Sorry if this is explained later but I thought I'd ask now before I forget.

I've felt worse.

Teclo wrote:
Not sure if this is the right place, but I'm replaying 1-5 and Gumshoe mentioned how Angel was the only one thst could get through to him when he was 16. What is this referring to? Gumshoe would've been 16-years-old 14 years before AA1 so its not related to SL-9 or anything else related to the case IIRC. Sorry if this is explained later but I thought I'd ask now before I forget.

It's a throwaway line setting up a Noodle Incident.. It's never explained, but it doesn't need to be.
"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls

It's good you're all wrong

MadVash2005 wrote:
Name: Ambedexrious Idle Hands
Type of cough-up: Alternate solution
Description:
Phoenix's use of the "victim is left-handed" defense is moot (I hope I used that word correctly); you can legibly write anything down with either hands' index finger. Try it out for yourself-I did it just now and I'm a righty :larry2: ! Also, that specific contradiction shouldn't have been brought up in the first place. Didn't Gumshoe and the Autopsy Report state that the victim died from a broken neck upon impact? Dustin wouldn't be able to move ANY part of his body, then! If only Phoenix pointed that out first, the case would've been closed alot faster.

The issue wasn't that he COULDN'T write with his right hand, it was that there was no reason to. People will usually use their dominant hand for things unless given a reason otherwise.

Take that!

The classic "Not looking at the other sides of things when examining".

Click the photos to be taken to my AU Stories!

(I know it's been commented on before, but I just find it kind of comical and I want to animate it)
2-1 be like:
:udgey: Mr. Wright, as the autopsy report and Gumshoe have stated, the victim was pushed off the ledge thingy, diddly darn snapped his neck causing him to die instantly, and then wrote his girlfriend's name on the ground with his right hand!
:phoenix: *laughing hysterically* I object! *laughter starts to die down* That could never happen! The victim was a LEFTY!
*Silence for a few seconds*
:maggey: *whispers to self* Well, I'm going to prison...
:udgey: Mr. Wright?
:oops: Y-yes, your honor...?
*A few more seconds of silence. Phoenix is sweating profusely and smiling awkwardly.*
:udgey: Your logic is absolutely brilliant and there are no flaws in it whatsoever!
:phoenix: Wow, really? Thanks!
Page 60 of 60 [ 2372 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 56, 57, 58, 59, 60

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby