Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby

Page 57 of 59[ 2360 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59  Next
 


Re: Phoenix Wright Cough UpsTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Female

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:23 pm

Posts: 9754

Doesn't matter if they think that, that wasn't the actual matter of the trial.
The trial was about whether Ron stole the Sacred Urn or didn't.

C-A
Re: Phoenix Wright Cough UpsTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Female

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:23 pm

Posts: 9754

Case 3-4/3-5
Item Poisoned Coffee
Problem How stupid can Diego be?

Okay, so Diego was poisoned while drinking his coffee when he was questioning Dahlia regarding the fake kidnapping case. My question is very simple: why did Diego drink something that was in the close vicinity of someone who he knew had murdered, at least once. Twice, if you count the fact that she had that necklace with the bottle that had poison in it! She was wearing that goddamn thing, he had seen the necklace before! He knows that it was used to poison someone.
I know he's a lawyer, but what of his good common sense or inborn suspicion towards people? I would never drink something that is open, like a cup, close to someone who I know is a sneaky person? If, then I would buy a fresh bottle of something and keep it in my bag at all times or clenched between my knees. Or something that keeps it from that person's grasp!

C-A
Re: Phoenix Wright Cough UpsTopic%20Title
User avatar

How ironic

Gender: Male

Location: Canada, eh?

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:05 pm

Posts: 1933

CatMuto wrote:
Case 3-4/3-5
Item Poisoned Coffee
Problem How stupid can Diego be?

Okay, so Diego was poisoned while drinking his coffee when he was questioning Dahlia regarding the fake kidnapping case. My question is very simple: why did Diego drink something that was in the close vicinity of someone who he knew had murdered, at least once. Twice, if you count the fact that she had that necklace with the bottle that had poison in it! She was wearing that goddamn thing, he had seen the necklace before! He knows that it was used to poison someone.
I know he's a lawyer, but what of his good common sense or inborn suspicion towards people? I would never drink something that is open, like a cup, close to someone who I know is a sneaky person? If, then I would buy a fresh bottle of something and keep it in my bag at all times or clenched between my knees. Or something that keeps it from that person's grasp!

C-A

Again, I agree with you on this. This was something that bothered me, too. I also wondered how she was able to sneak the poison in there when he was supposed to keep his eyes on her at ALL times. Did she do the Looney Tunes-esque "What's that behind you?" thing, then slip it in?
My let's Play channel! Shameless plug!
Current Project: Sly Cooper & The Thievius Racoonus
My Twitter Account
Re: Phoenix Wright Cough UpsTopic%20Title
User avatar

Your Honor! There is a contradiction!

Gender: Female

Location: Northern California

Rank: Prosecutor

Joined: Thu May 30, 2013 10:08 pm

Posts: 701

dimentiorules wrote:
CatMuto wrote:
Case 3-4/3-5
Item Poisoned Coffee
Problem How stupid can Diego be?

Okay, so Diego was poisoned while drinking his coffee when he was questioning Dahlia regarding the fake kidnapping case. My question is very simple: why did Diego drink something that was in the close vicinity of someone who he knew had murdered, at least once. Twice, if you count the fact that she had that necklace with the bottle that had poison in it! She was wearing that goddamn thing, he had seen the necklace before! He knows that it was used to poison someone.
I know he's a lawyer, but what of his good common sense or inborn suspicion towards people? I would never drink something that is open, like a cup, close to someone who I know is a sneaky person? If, then I would buy a fresh bottle of something and keep it in my bag at all times or clenched between my knees. Or something that keeps it from that person's grasp!

C-A

Again, I agree with you on this. This was something that bothered me, too. I also wondered how she was able to sneak the poison in there when he was supposed to keep his eyes on her at ALL times. Did she do the Looney Tunes-esque "What's that behind you?" thing, then slip it in?


Now I picture Dahlia pulling a Bugs Bunny Rabbit Season-Duck Season routine with Diego about drinking the coffee.
Re: Phoenix Wright Cough UpsTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Female

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:23 pm

Posts: 9754

dimentiorules wrote:
Again, I agree with you on this. This was something that bothered me, too. I also wondered how she was able to sneak the poison in there when he was supposed to keep his eyes on her at ALL times. Did she do the Looney Tunes-esque "What's that behind you?" thing, then slip it in?


I will totally draw this as a comicstrip and dedicate it to you.

C-A
Re: Phoenix Wright Cough UpsTopic%20Title
User avatar

How ironic

Gender: Male

Location: Canada, eh?

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:05 pm

Posts: 1933

CatMuto wrote:
dimentiorules wrote:
Again, I agree with you on this. This was something that bothered me, too. I also wondered how she was able to sneak the poison in there when he was supposed to keep his eyes on her at ALL times. Did she do the Looney Tunes-esque "What's that behind you?" thing, then slip it in?


I will totally draw this as a comicstrip and dedicate it to you.

C-A

Thanks! :edgey:
My let's Play channel! Shameless plug!
Current Project: Sly Cooper & The Thievius Racoonus
My Twitter Account
Re: Phoenix Wright Cough UpsTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Female

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:23 pm

Posts: 9754

Case 3-5
Item Staff Cane
Problem Nobody picks up on this?

On the 2nd day of trial, we have "Iris" talk about how she took the body away from the crime scene and eventually removed "the murder weapon" and stabbed the Shichishito into the body. But she sounds horribly surprised when it is revealed early on that the Staff is a sword-cane-thing. Now, considering it's quickly pointed out that the staff cane was the murder weapon, it would be impossible for "Iris" to not have known about that. Which would've immediately questioned her entire testimony, saving us time of hearing more lies... now, we the players know very fast that it's all a lie (cause no game would ACTUALLY have Maya kill anyone) but how come nobody in the courtroom picks up on this? No, they're more concerned (at least, Phoenix is) that "Iris" is trying to pin the crime on Maya, instead of proving immediately that the witness is unreliable (and probably not the real witness) due to not knowing something that she should know, given the circumstances of the case.

C-A
Re: Phoenix Wright Cough UpsTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Male

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:13 pm

Posts: 1539

Case: 3-4
Problem: I'm Confused

I'm not claiming there's a problem in the case. There's just something I'm unclear on as it's been a while since I've played. The photo establishes that Dahlia arrived at the crime scene before Terry, yet the corpse was found in the trunk of his car. When did she put it there? She killed Valerie before Terry arrived, put his body in a bush or something, and then talked to Terry on the bridge? When would she get the opportunity to put the body in the car?
Re: Phoenix Wright Cough UpsTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Female

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:23 pm

Posts: 9754

JesusMonroe wrote:
Case: 3-4
Problem: I'm Confused

I'm not claiming there's a problem in the case. There's just something I'm unclear on as it's been a while since I've played. The photo establishes that Dahlia arrived at the crime scene before Terry, yet the corpse was found in the trunk of his car. When did she put it there? She killed Valerie before Terry arrived, put his body in a bush or something, and then talked to Terry on the bridge? When would she get the opportunity to put the body in the car?


During Terry's testimony, Mia says that there is a possiblity of Dahlia breaking into the car's trunk and putting the corpse into it when he arrived around 4 PM and then went off to the tree, where the bottle necklace was buried.

And something I just thought of in 3-5.
How come MAYA didn't do anything about the bloody writing on the lantern? She saw the crime scene after it was "cleaned up" AND it was brightly lit up, how come she didn't see the red writing on the stone lantern?

C-A
Re: Phoenix Wright Cough UpsTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: None specified

Location: I'm at soup.

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:18 pm

Posts: 1559

CatMuto wrote:
Case 3-5
Item Staff Cane
Problem Nobody picks up on this?

On the 2nd day of trial, we have "Iris" talk about how she took the body away from the crime scene and eventually removed "the murder weapon" and stabbed the Shichishito into the body. But she sounds horribly surprised when it is revealed early on that the Staff is a sword-cane-thing. Now, considering it's quickly pointed out that the staff cane was the murder weapon, it would be impossible for "Iris" to not have known about that. Which would've immediately questioned her entire testimony, saving us time of hearing more lies... now, we the players know very fast that it's all a lie (cause no game would ACTUALLY have Maya kill anyone) but how come nobody in the courtroom picks up on this? No, they're more concerned (at least, Phoenix is) that "Iris" is trying to pin the crime on Maya, instead of proving immediately that the witness is unreliable (and probably not the real witness) due to not knowing something that she should know, given the circumstances of the case.

C-A

Doesn't assface Godot present a knife claiming it is the murder weapon immediately afterwards? And then the judge continues the trial while the knife is still being tested?
"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls
Re: Phoenix Wright Cough UpsTopic%20Title
User avatar

IT'S HAPPENING

Gender: Male

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Mon Feb 17, 2014 7:07 am

Posts: 21

Case: 2-4
Problem: Overly trusting Shelly
Description: Maybe it's just me, but for a guy who claims to value the trust between himself and his clients above all else, Shelly seems a little too eager to buy Phoenix's accusation that Engarde was planning to blackmail him with the video tape. :ron:
Re: Phoenix Wright Cough UpsTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Female

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:23 pm

Posts: 9754

Doom Paul wrote:
Case: 2-4
Problem: Overly trusting Shelly
Description: Maybe it's just me, but for a guy who claims to value the trust between himself and his clients above all else, Shelly seems a little too eager to buy Phoenix's accusation that Engarde was planning to blackmail him with the video tape. :ron:


...plot convenience. I still despise the usage of the videotape since there no proof that it is a recording of the murder. Granted, the Judge says he will not allow anymore recesses... but you don't need a recess to tell a bailiff to bring in a VCR and watch the damn thing! They don't even have to watch the entire thing, if they see Shelly De Killer on it with the victim, it's kind of obvious. Then they would know, yes, this is a video of the murder. Here you are, Shelly, it's a video of you, recorded by your client.

Quote:
Doesn't assface Godot present a knife claiming it is the murder weapon immediately afterwards? And then the judge continues the trial while the knife is still being tested?


That happened before, but it still makes no sense. It's been proven with testimony that the murder weapon was inside the body when it was in the courtyard. And Bikini definitely saw Iris pull out the blade from Elise, which she initially confused with being stabbed with the Shichishito.
And even with no testimony...
1. the dagger was found on the Inner Temple side, so there is no way it could've been stuck inside the body.
2. the dagger is pretty short. The wound went from the back all the way through the front - the Aerith Wound as I call it - and a little dagger like that would never have gone all the way through.
2.1. the dagger only had blood at the tip, not the entire way through, so it was obviously never used to stab the victim through the back.

C-A
Re: Phoenix Wright Cough UpsTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: None specified

Location: I'm at soup.

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:18 pm

Posts: 1559

Question about de Killer: why does he care if Engarde is found guilty of hiring an assassin? From what I remember, he didn't want Engarde to be falsely convicted of directly killing the victim. How does that extend to not wanting Engarde to be convicted of hiring him?

CatMuto wrote:
Quote:
Doesn't assface Godot present a knife claiming it is the murder weapon immediately afterwards? And then the judge continues the trial while the knife is still being tested?


That happened before, but it still makes no sense. It's been proven with testimony that the murder weapon was inside the body when it was in the courtyard. And Bikini definitely saw Iris pull out the blade from Elise, which she initially confused with being stabbed with the Shichishito.
And even with no testimony...
1. the dagger was found on the Inner Temple side, so there is no way it could've been stuck inside the body.
2. the dagger is pretty short. The wound went from the back all the way through the front - the Aerith Wound as I call it - and a little dagger like that would never have gone all the way through.
2.1. the dagger only had blood at the tip, not the entire way through, so it was obviously never used to stab the victim through the back.

C-A

Unfortunately, the only thing I can think of is that Edgeworth was being a dick and didn't tell Phoenix all of the details of the first trial day. Either that, or he did tell Phoenix, and he was too incompetent to figure it out, completely ruining this case's "important" part in Phoenix's career marking the completion of his growth as a defense attorney. Which gives him even less reason to act like a cocky bastard during Zak's trial.
"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls
Re: Phoenix Wright Cough UpsTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Female

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:23 pm

Posts: 9754

Quote:
Unfortunately, the only thing I can think of is that Edgeworth was being a dick and didn't tell Phoenix all of the details of the first trial day. Either that, or he did tell Phoenix, and he was too incompetent to figure it out, completely ruining this case's "important" part in Phoenix's career marking the completion of his growth as a defense attorney. Which gives him even less reason to act like a cocky bastard during Zak's trial.


'ccording to his lines on the sections after the first day of trial, he looked things up online, reading how the trial went. So he probably knew. Also, Phoenix says things he can't have known without knowing what went on in the trial. Like how the Shichishito was deemed to not be the murder weapon and such.

C-A
Re: Phoenix Wright Cough UpsTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: None specified

Location: I'm at soup.

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:18 pm

Posts: 1559

CatMuto wrote:
Quote:
Unfortunately, the only thing I can think of is that Edgeworth was being a dick and didn't tell Phoenix all of the details of the first trial day. Either that, or he did tell Phoenix, and he was too incompetent to figure it out, completely ruining this case's "important" part in Phoenix's career marking the completion of his growth as a defense attorney. Which gives him even less reason to act like a cocky bastard during Zak's trial.


'ccording to his lines on the sections after the first day of trial, he looked things up online, reading how the trial went. So he probably knew. Also, Phoenix says things he can't have known without knowing what went on in the trial. Like how the Shichishito was deemed to not be the murder weapon and such.

C-A

Wow. This is what Mia thinks is "as good out there today as any defense lawyer could hope to be"? Dying must have given her some really low standards.
Wait, Phoenix wasn't reading the current trial. He was reading Mia's first trial. Meaning everything he learned from the current trial was from Edgeworth, who conveniently left out the part about the murder weapon being stuck in the victim's body. Good job, partner.
"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls
Re: Phoenix Wright Cough UpsTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Female

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:23 pm

Posts: 9754

No. While Phoenix was checking Mia's first case, he seems to have checked the 3-5 case's first day, too. There is no scene where Edgeworth told him everything that was going on. Phoenix flashes back to Bikini's testimony, something that Edgey didn't mention to him.

C-A
Re: Phoenix Wright Cough UpsTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: None specified

Location: I'm at soup.

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:18 pm

Posts: 1559

CatMuto wrote:
No. While Phoenix was checking Mia's first case, he seems to have checked the 3-5 case's first day, too. There is no scene where Edgeworth told him everything that was going on. Phoenix flashes back to Bikini's testimony, something that Edgey didn't mention to him.

C-A

Shouldn't that have been the first thing Edgeworth did? And how did Phoenix even check the current trial? Considering this game thinks 2019 will be just like 2004, I doubt live streaming would have been a thing. That, and records of criminal cases usually aren't available to the general public while the trial is still ongoing (unless there's some racial controversy like with the George Zimmerman trial last summer).
"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls
Re: Phoenix Wright Cough UpsTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Female

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:23 pm

Posts: 9754

I think that Phoenix, being a defense attorney, may have access to a court record on people working in the law department and can check out current trials. *shrug*

C-A
Re: Phoenix Wright Cough UpsTopic%20Title
User avatar

Your Honor! There is a contradiction!

Gender: Female

Location: Northern California

Rank: Prosecutor

Joined: Thu May 30, 2013 10:08 pm

Posts: 701

CatMuto wrote:
I think that Phoenix, being a defense attorney, may have access to a court record on people working in the law department and can check out current trials. *shrug*

C-A


That is of course the case but remember in Ace Attorney, you're pretty much a seal in the middle of a shark ring if you're a defense attorney. So I kind of doubt Phoenix would be able to access the court record on current trials.
Re: Phoenix Wright Cough UpsTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Female

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:23 pm

Posts: 9754

shippersdreamer wrote:
CatMuto wrote:
I think that Phoenix, being a defense attorney, may have access to a court record on people working in the law department and can check out current trials. *shrug*

C-A


That is of course the case but remember in Ace Attorney, you're pretty much a seal in the middle of a shark ring if you're a defense attorney. So I kind of doubt Phoenix would be able to access the court record on current trials.


Just cause society don't like defense attorney doesn't mean they don't have legal rights to have access to those.

C-A
Re: Phoenix Wright Cough UpsTopic%20Title
User avatar

IT'S HAPPENING

Gender: Male

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Mon Feb 17, 2014 7:07 am

Posts: 21

sumguy28 wrote:
Question about de Killer: why does he care if Engarde is found guilty of hiring an assassin? From what I remember, he didn't want Engarde to be falsely convicted of directly killing the victim. How does that extend to not wanting Engarde to be convicted of hiring him?

Given that in Japanifornia you can be convicted of murder if it's proven you accidentally killed your dad when you threw a pistol in his direction (while he was fighting some other guy, in an airtight elevator) at age 9, it doesn't seem that implausible for "hiring an assassin to kill $DUDE" and "killing $DUDE" to be considered crimes of equal guilt. :ron:
Re: Phoenix Wright Cough UpsTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Male

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:13 pm

Posts: 1539

CatMuto wrote:
Doesn't matter if they think that, that wasn't the actual matter of the trial.
The trial was about whether Ron stole the Sacred Urn or didn't.

C-A

When Luke Atmey was arrested, he was on trial "For being Mask DeMasque." During Ron's initial trial, they treat it like a Mask DeMasque case and not just a theft of an urn. They never say that the trial is for the theft of the urn. It's like a real-life trial, where you are being prosecuted for multiple charges. The court just assumed that if Ron didn't steal the urn, he wasn't Mask DeMasque
Re: Phoenix Wright Cough UpsTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Female

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:23 pm

Posts: 9754

JesusMonroe wrote:
CatMuto wrote:
Doesn't matter if they think that, that wasn't the actual matter of the trial.
The trial was about whether Ron stole the Sacred Urn or didn't.

C-A

When Luke Atmey was arrested, he was on trial "For being Mask DeMasque." During Ron's initial trial, they treat it like a Mask DeMasque case and not just a theft of an urn. They never say that the trial is for the theft of the urn. It's like a real-life trial, where you are being prosecuted for multiple charges. The court just assumed that if Ron didn't steal the urn, he wasn't Mask DeMasque


That's dumb. Incredibly dumb. Even by AA Standards. If it was more about MaskdeMasque than the urn, they should've talked more about the possiblity of him having stolen the other stuff, too, and not just talk about the stupid urn.

C-A
Re: Phoenix Wright Cough UpsTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: None specified

Location: I'm at soup.

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:18 pm

Posts: 1559

CatMuto wrote:
JesusMonroe wrote:
CatMuto wrote:
Doesn't matter if they think that, that wasn't the actual matter of the trial.
The trial was about whether Ron stole the Sacred Urn or didn't.

C-A

When Luke Atmey was arrested, he was on trial "For being Mask DeMasque." During Ron's initial trial, they treat it like a Mask DeMasque case and not just a theft of an urn. They never say that the trial is for the theft of the urn. It's like a real-life trial, where you are being prosecuted for multiple charges. The court just assumed that if Ron didn't steal the urn, he wasn't Mask DeMasque


That's dumb. Incredibly dumb. Even by AA Standards. If it was more about MaskdeMasque than the urn, they should've talked more about the possiblity of him having stolen the other stuff, too, and not just talk about the stupid urn.

C-A

Who should have talked when? We only see the very final moments of Luke's trial, and they've already came to the conclusion that Luke is Mask*DeMasque. Gumshoe also mentions that Luke is also suspected of the other heists. And it would have been ridiculous for Phoenix to accuse Luke of the other heists during Trial Day 1.
"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls
Re: Phoenix Wright Cough UpsTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Male

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:13 pm

Posts: 1539

Here are two:

2-4: The Arm
So, Will Powers witnesses De Killer giving the bear to the Nickel Samurai arm. This looks bad for Engarde. Wait a minute! Adrian Andrews had a costume the day of the murder. It could've been her!

Except...it couldn't have been. If Adrian was the killer, she wouldn't have had the Nickel Samurai costume until after she tried to frame Engarde, and the scene Powers witnessed was right after De Killer left the room when he killed Juan

4-1: The Hat
Phoenix puts the hat on Smith's head to incriminate Gavin with the phone call. I don't get it. Wouldn't Gavin knowing about Smith's pate be just as incriminating for him, regardless of whether or not Phoenix put the hat back on the head? Phoenix recorded the phone call and everything
Re: Phoenix Wright Cough UpsTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Female

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:23 pm

Posts: 9754

The Will Powers things makes perfect sense as a Cough Up - hence nobody ever thinks it's wrong. It's like whenever there's a legit, proper question to ask instead of wasting time, nobody does it. Or when there's a huge contradiction, nobody picks up on it. Like thinking Edgey shot with the left hand and picked the gun up with the right afterwards...

As for the Hat thing... Yes and No. The fact that Gavin knew Smith was bald underneath the hat, when he only saw Smith with the hat on, meant that at some point he saw Smith with the hat off. Phoenix made sure to put the hat back on, so no crime scene photos would be with the hat off, so no other explanation could be given. As for why not just present the recorded Phone Call to court... I'm not sure if that's allowed. It might be a total gray area, whether presenting a phone call that was recorded on your phone, likely without the other person's knowledge, is actually useable evidence...

C-A
Re: Phoenix Wright Cough UpsTopic%20Title
User avatar

Yatta.

Gender: Female

Location: LA, Japanifornia

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:17 am

Posts: 5989

JesusMonroe wrote:
Here are two:

2-4: The Arm
So, Will Powers witnesses De Killer giving the bear to the Nickel Samurai arm. This looks bad for Engarde. Wait a minute! Adrian Andrews had a costume the day of the murder. It could've been her!

Except...it couldn't have been. If Adrian was the killer, she wouldn't have had the Nickel Samurai costume until after she tried to frame Engarde, and the scene Powers witnessed was right after De Killer left the room when he killed Juan

Will never established for certain when he saw that scene. It's because he was so ambiguous about it that Nick could play that card.

Quote:
4-1: The Hat
Phoenix puts the hat on Smith's head to incriminate Gavin with the phone call. I don't get it. Wouldn't Gavin knowing about Smith's pate be just as incriminating for him, regardless of whether or not Phoenix put the hat back on the head? Phoenix recorded the phone call and everything

But he was already on trial.
Help! My parents are Phoenix Wright & Miles Edgeworth! Er, I mean they're irresponsible drunks!

Click here for the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney Translation Project Blog!
Various official AA stuff translations currently in the works.

Also, click here for the current archive of fanfiction or here for the backup archive. Click here for the blog that updates it.
Includes translations of misc. fan works related or not to AA.
Also, a very popular fanfic ask meme.
Re: Phoenix Wright Cough UpsTopic%20Title
User avatar

"Sorry to keep you waiting"

Gender: Male

Location: Angel Land

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:26 pm

Posts: 19

Name: Edgeworth's case against Terry Fawles
Case: Turnabout Beginnings or 3-4

There are two holes that need to be filled in. First is the murder weapon. We know the victim was stabbed with a knife but where is it? It's never filed into the court record. Whether the knife was summited or not it would have been hard, if not impossible for the "killer" to get a knife.

During the trial, Mia points out that throwing the body over the bridge would have been a better way to get rid of it. But Edgeworth basically tells the court to ignore the contraction because putting the body in the trunk was what the "killer" did. Why? Why would the "killer" decide to put a body into a car which led to his arrest at a checkpoint? I wish that the game pointed out these things.
Image
Re: Phoenix Wright Cough UpsTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Male

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:13 pm

Posts: 1539

CatMuto wrote:
As for the Hat thing... Yes and No. The fact that Gavin knew Smith was bald underneath the hat, when he only saw Smith with the hat on, meant that at some point he saw Smith with the hat off. Phoenix made sure to put the hat back on, so no crime scene photos would be with the hat off, so no other explanation could be given. As for why not just present the recorded Phone Call to court... I'm not sure if that's allowed. It might be a total gray area, whether presenting a phone call that was recorded on your phone, likely without the other person's knowledge, is actually useable evidence...

Rubia Ryu the Royal wrote:
But he was already on trial.

But if the hat fell of Smith, Phoenix (or Olga) could attest that it was on him when he was alive, meaning it must've fallen off after he died. The phone call was made shortly after Smith died, so I think it should be incriminating either way to Gavin (because the place wasn't a crime scene yet). It's just a little unnecessary. I guess Phoenix did accomplish making the window of time really short for anyone to have seen his bald head, so Gavin couldn't lie and say he saw it about an hour after Smith died (cause the time of death was only verified based on Phoenix's phone call)
wizkid99 wrote:
Name: Edgeworth's case against Terry Fawles
Case: Turnabout Beginnings or 3-4

There are two holes that need to be filled in. First is the murder weapon. We know the victim was stabbed with a knife but where is it? It's never filed into the court record. Whether the knife was summited or not it would have been hard, if not impossible for the "killer" to get a knife.

During the trial, Mia points out that throwing the body over the bridge would have been a better way to get rid of it. But Edgeworth basically tells the court to ignore the contraction because putting the body in the trunk was what the "killer" did. Why? Why would the "killer" decide to put a body into a car which led to his arrest at a checkpoint? I wish that the game pointed out these things.

1. Don't know, Edgeworth could've argued it was a knife in the trunk (but it was actually brought by Dahlia). I do remember it being mentioned the knife was still in her back, though

2. Mia says Melissa is lying about what she saw because Terry didn't throw the body in the river. Edgeworth points out the body was found in the car, so it doesn't matter. Even if every other killer would've thrown the body in the river, it doesn't change the fact that Terry didn't do so and that the body was found in the car, so Melissa wasn't lying, because the body had to end up in the car somehow. Basically, the killer's nonsensical actions doesn't change what she saw
Re: Phoenix Wright Cough UpsTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Female

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:23 pm

Posts: 9754

Case 1-5
Item Angel's photo of Lana
Problem Timewise, shouldn't exist

Angel says she saw Lana stab Goodman, then run behind the partition and attempt to use the emergency phone. When that didn't work, she started to use her cellphone. Angel proceeds to try to run through the door to Block A, but it's locked, so she runs around to Block B, snaps the photo and climbs over the chainlink fence and apprehends Lana.

Considering this, she shouldn't be able to have taken a photo of Lana after she stabs Goodman, but before she goes behind the partition wall to try to call Ema and tell her about the muffler in the muffler. Haha. Joke aside, the photo with Lana standing at the car with a blood splattered coat shouldn't exist, unless Lana knew Angel saw her, tried to use the emergency phone, saw Angel on the other side and proceeded to stand beside the car for the sake of creating the photo and then going back and use her cellphone...

C-A

PS: I just played through this part, so I remember it well.
Re: Phoenix Wright Cough UpsTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: None specified

Location: I'm at soup.

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:18 pm

Posts: 1559

Nearly thirteen months ago, You wrote:
If Angel didn't start to move until Lana moved behind the wall and to the broken phone, how come the picture she took of Lana is of her standing in front of the trunk?

And then I wrote:
True, she already moved behind the wall, but she has yet to move Goodman's body. You know, the whole reason she's there. And that picture was taken five minutes after she moved behind the partition.

And then you skipped over that, but since you're complaining now, I guess this means you have a rebuttal to that.
"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls
Re: Phoenix Wright Cough UpsTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Female

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:23 pm

Posts: 9754

sumguy28 wrote:
Nearly thirteen months ago, You wrote:
If Angel didn't start to move until Lana moved behind the wall and to the broken phone, how come the picture she took of Lana is of her standing in front of the trunk?

And then I wrote:
True, she already moved behind the wall, but she has yet to move Goodman's body. You know, the whole reason she's there. And that picture was taken five minutes after she moved behind the partition.

And then you skipped over that, but since you're complaining now, I guess this means you have a rebuttal to that.


Why would Lana have to move Goodman's body at all? He came in the trunk, he was stabbed in the trunk, all the crime scene photos show him in the trunk. (Except for the image of the area of the parking lot, which for some insane reason, has the lineout show him falling out of the trunk.) Lana has no reason to move the body itself.

C-A
Re: Phoenix Wright Cough UpsTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Male

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:13 pm

Posts: 1539

When Gant called her on the phone, he said, "You need to get rid of Goodman's body." That's why she showed up. It was her own doing to change the knives in his chest and such. If you do want to complain about something, it's the fact that the defense never brings up that the photo shouldn't exist timeline-wise (also, angle of view to the crime scene should've been a viable option when you say she was in the security station because she was no longer behind the chain link fence)

I actually have a 1-5 contradiction: the autopsy report says Goodman was stabbed once, but he was stabbed twice
Re: Phoenix Wright Cough UpsTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Female

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:23 pm

Posts: 9754

JesusMonroe wrote:
When Gant called her on the phone, he said, "You need to get rid of Goodman's body." That's why she showed up. It was her own doing to change the knives in his chest and such. If you do want to complain about something, it's the fact that the defense never brings up that the photo shouldn't exist timeline-wise (also, angle of view to the crime scene should've been a viable option when you say she was in the security station because she was no longer behind the chain link fence)


Indeed he said that, but simply stabbing it with a knife and leaving it at the parking lot wouldn't really consist of getting rid of the body. Maybe more like "get it as far away as possible from me - indicating someone on the side'd be neat, too". And yes I tried the angle part but it was wrong...

Quote:
I actually have a 1-5 contradiction: the autopsy report says Goodman was stabbed once, but he was stabbed twice


Indeed, that is a big contradiction. Even if Lana did her best to stab in the same hole as the first wound did, complete discrepancy in terms of how long the weapon was would've changed. And overall it would've been noticeable, due to how the wound looks.

C-A
Re: Phoenix Wright Cough UpsTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: None specified

Location: I'm at soup.

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:18 pm

Posts: 1559

JesusMonroe wrote:
When Gant called her on the phone, he said, "You need to get rid of Goodman's body." That's why she showed up. It was her own doing to change the knives in his chest and such. If you do want to complain about something, it's the fact that the defense never brings up that the photo shouldn't exist timeline-wise (also, angle of view to the crime scene should've been a viable option when you say she was in the security station because she was no longer behind the chain link fence)

I actually have a 1-5 contradiction: the autopsy report says Goodman was stabbed once, but he was stabbed twice

Quote:
Phoenix: Ms. Skye dawdled at the scene of the crime... she even had her picture taken!
No true criminal would act this way! It's inconceivable!
Edgeworth: Wright, I do not think that word means what you think it means...

Goodman was stabbed twice, once with a broken knife, and again with Edgeworth's knife. Though from what the picture shows:
Image
Image
the knife landed in the exact same wound. Should a competent coroner have picked up on this? Yes. However, the autopsy reports in this series include concluding that the victim died instantly due to loss of blood and not realizing that a prop spear can't kill someone.
Quote:
Indeed he said that, but simply stabbing it with a knife and leaving it at the parking lot wouldn't really consist of getting rid of the body. Maybe more like "get it as far away as possible from me - indicating someone on the side'd be neat, too". And yes I tried the angle part but it was wrong...
That's why she was still there.
"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls
Re: Phoenix Wright Cough UpsTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Female

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:41 pm

Posts: 455

Name: The Thinker
Case: 1-2
Problem: General mistake

I'm not sure exactly if this can be called a cough-up, but I'm replaying the first PW game and I just wondered, why would Mia give Maya The Thinker clock with all the documents inside? I mean, if White was after the papers, and Mia knew what he was capable of, why would she give them to her sister? Wouldn't that put her in grave danger?

I haven't played this case in a while, so maybe there's something I've forgotten, but this point just seems weird to me. :eh?:
Image
Re: Phoenix Wright Cough UpsTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gardevoir lover

Gender: Male

Location: Puerto rico

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Sat Feb 01, 2014 2:20 am

Posts: 2022

Mirii-chan wrote:
Name: The Thinker
Case: 1-2
Problem: General mistake

I'm not sure exactly if this can be called a cough-up, but I'm replaying the first PW game and I just wondered, why would Mia give Maya The Thinker clock with all the documents inside? I mean, if White was after the papers, and Mia knew what he was capable of, why would she give them to her sister? Wouldn't that put her in grave danger?

I haven't played this case in a while, so maybe there's something I've forgotten, but this point just seems weird to me. :eh?:

I assume it's because White doesn't know where Maya is so they could be safe with her?
Image

My DA account can be found here: http://klonoahedgehog.deviantart.com/
Re: Phoenix Wright Cough UpsTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: None specified

Location: I'm at soup.

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:18 pm

Posts: 1559

Mirii-chan wrote:
Name: The Thinker
Case: 1-2
Problem: General mistake

I'm not sure exactly if this can be called a cough-up, but I'm replaying the first PW game and I just wondered, why would Mia give Maya The Thinker clock with all the documents inside? I mean, if White was after the papers, and Mia knew what he was capable of, why would she give them to her sister? Wouldn't that put her in grave danger?

I haven't played this case in a while, so maybe there's something I've forgotten, but this point just seems weird to me. :eh?:

Worse is that according to the dialogue, apparently she's done this before.
Quote:
???: I know, I know. You want me to hold evidence for you?
Mia: Sharp as always!

But if I had to guess, the entire Fey clan doesn't know how to properly care for a family. Morgan sheltered Pearls to the point that she doesn't know the basic facts of the world, and Misty thought abandoning her daughters and her village would be good for them. Maya's supposed to be the one to end this cycle by looking after Pearls and accepting her position of Master at the end.
"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls
Re: Phoenix Wright Cough UpsTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Female

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:41 pm

Posts: 455

Klonoahedgehog wrote:
I assume it's because White doesn't know where Maya is so they could be safe with her?


I still think it's strange for Mia to leave it to her sister. Even if she had to leave it with someone, it seems really reckless to give to her own sister. It's also rather out of character, since she knows her mother was essentially ruined by the same guy.

sumguy28 wrote:
Worse is that according to the dialogue, apparently she's done this before.
Quote:
???: I know, I know. You want me to hold evidence for you?
Mia: Sharp as always!



I hadn't thought of that part; that's even worse, then. I was going to say that maybe Mia had underestimated White, but if she's done it before, that means at least one must have been murder. And I always thought Mia was so responsible... :sadshoe:
Image
Re: Phoenix Wright Cough UpsTopic%20Title
User avatar

Yatta.

Gender: Female

Location: LA, Japanifornia

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:17 am

Posts: 5989

sumguy28 wrote:
Mirii-chan wrote:
Name: The Thinker
Case: 1-2
Problem: General mistake

I'm not sure exactly if this can be called a cough-up, but I'm replaying the first PW game and I just wondered, why would Mia give Maya The Thinker clock with all the documents inside? I mean, if White was after the papers, and Mia knew what he was capable of, why would she give them to her sister? Wouldn't that put her in grave danger?

I haven't played this case in a while, so maybe there's something I've forgotten, but this point just seems weird to me. :eh?:

Worse is that according to the dialogue, apparently she's done this before.
Quote:
???: I know, I know. You want me to hold evidence for you?
Mia: Sharp as always!

But if I had to guess, the entire Fey clan doesn't know how to properly care for a family. Morgan sheltered Pearls to the point that she doesn't know the basic facts of the world, and Misty thought abandoning her daughters and her village would be good for them. Maya's supposed to be the one to end this cycle by looking after Pearls and accepting her position of Master at the end.

According to one interview from some time I don't remember, Takumi had initially planned for Nick's first case to be about his mentor's murder. After some thought, he decided against it, just to let the players better associate with Mia by including a very simple case before it. As a result, it makes her seem a little too naive when comparing how she acted in court just the month prior.

Then again, she trusted Phoenix would come to Maya's aid. Everything worked out just the way she planned, right? I mean, she was lying in wait with that memo. Nick just needed to get to the right point of topic with the right witness.

I won't argue about how irresponsible the Fey clan comes off as, but there's some cultural backstory to it. If we assume the Fey clan is based on some cult of ancient Shintoism, everything regarding their family issues and matriarchal society makes sense. The Country of Wa used to be holy matriarchal; just look at the Sun Goddess Amaterasu. Over time, as Japan moved toward Westernization, they also accepted the patriarchal values from the West, and as a result, female priestesses and shamans gradually were pushed into the shadows. It's no wonder Morgan didn't want her daughter to be a part of that. (As for Misty's case, as one who had dishonored the family name, she was ostracized; it wasn't only her personal choice to leave.)

And then comes along Maya, who throws those outdated traditions out the window and opts for a successful tourist business to keep the temples going, all the while maintaining the most important values of strict discipline through spiritual training and importance of maintaining family relations. Atta girl.
Help! My parents are Phoenix Wright & Miles Edgeworth! Er, I mean they're irresponsible drunks!

Click here for the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney Translation Project Blog!
Various official AA stuff translations currently in the works.

Also, click here for the current archive of fanfiction or here for the backup archive. Click here for the blog that updates it.
Includes translations of misc. fan works related or not to AA.
Also, a very popular fanfic ask meme.
Page 57 of 59 [ 2360 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59  Next
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  

 Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby

Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum
Jump to:  
News News Site map Site map SitemapIndex SitemapIndex RSS Feed RSS Feed Channel list Channel list
Powered by phpBB

phpBB SEO