Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby

Page 54 of 60[ 2372 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57 ... 60  Next

Re: Phoenix Wright Cough UpsTopic%20Title

CatMuto wrote:
Bad Player wrote:
Hey, Ema didn't know what it was, and she even got a 97 on her exam!

She's also delusional in thinking she'd become a forensic scientist, who - after failing - decided to hold a grudge and not try again. So you tell me, is she a person that should be held up for a niveau in terms of intelligence?

C-A

I never did understand why they made her switch professions so easily. I liked it better when she was trying to be a forensic scientist.

Fool Bright wrote:
I never did understand why they made her switch professions so easily. I liked it better when she was trying to be a forensic scientist.

Um, I always figured they did it to make 1-5 seem canon, although it does spit several times into the continuity and raises questions, more than expanding on anything. Or they didn't feel like updating Gumshoe's sprite. I mean, hey, if they weren't gonna upgrade Phoenix' sprite for 4-4, why bother making one for Gumshoe?

C-A

CatMuto wrote:
Fool Bright wrote:

Um, I always figured they did it to make 1-5 seem canon, although it does spit several times into the continuity and raises questions, more than expanding on anything. Or they didn't feel like updating Gumshoe's sprite. I mean, hey, if they weren't gonna upgrade Phoenix' sprite for 4-4, why bother making one for Gumshoe?

C-A

Well probably gumshoe wasn't there because he was busy with edgeworth during GK1. Still made no sense why they made her switch so easily especially how badly she wanted to be a scientific investigator. It's just dumb that they did it so easily.

I've felt worse.

CatMuto wrote:
Fool Bright wrote:

C-A

*sigh* Didn't we already cover this? Edgeworth didn't forge shit, not even before this case was written (he could have legitimately requested another autopsy report, if he had forged it, he would have been called out by whoever wrote the original one). More on that here. Phoenix never believed Edgeworth "chose death" because of his perfect record, it was because he didn't want to believe he led Edgeworth to choose death.

And neither Gumshoe or Phoenix should have been in Apollo's game.
"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls

sumguy28 wrote:
*sigh* Didn't we already cover this? Edgeworth didn't forge shit, not even before this case was written (he could have legitimately requested another autopsy report, if he had forged it, he would have been called out by whoever wrote the original one). More on that here. Phoenix never believed Edgeworth "chose death" because of his perfect record, it was because he didn't want to believe he led Edgeworth to choose death.

And neither Gumshoe or Phoenix should have been in Apollo's game.

I never said shit about 1-5 contradiction the story about somehow "Edgeworth choosing death". I am referring to his character development in JFA. There, it turned out he decided that, as a prosecutor, he had to find the truth and not win.
But what's the point of that great development in JFA, if 1-5 already made Edgeworth look like that to begin with? (As for Mia's autopsy report, yeah, he could have forged it. And even if somebody found out, he's a prosecutor. Prosecutors in the AA-verse pretty much get away with murder)

Also, 1-5 was not very well written. What, suddenly everybody is psychic and can read Phoenix' blue-fonted thoughts and openly respond to them? The SL-9 case is boring, the case we're working on in 1-5 is boring, the characters are past the "this is funny wacky" line to "omg you are so annoying, please stop talking". I mean, I like puns and all, but Angel's repeated food-puns get irritating. Jack Marshall should be run over, that drunk ass-testicle. Mike Meekins needs a job as a burger flipper. And Damon Gant is a poor attempt at making somebody as intimidating as Karma had been.

C-A

PS: Also, giant illogical contraption that is the Evidence Room. But that's on the previous page.

I've felt worse.

CatMuto wrote:
I never said shit about 1-5 contradiction the story about somehow "Edgeworth choosing death". I am referring to his character development in JFA. There, it turned out he decided that, as a prosecutor, he had to find the truth and not win.
But what's the point of that great development in JFA, if 1-5 already made Edgeworth look like that to begin with? (As for Mia's autopsy report, yeah, he could have forged it. And even if somebody found out, he's a prosecutor. Prosecutors in the AA-verse pretty much get away with murder)

We had nothing but one rumor in one scene to assume that Edgeworth would do literally everything to win every case with a guilty verdict. And when that was brought up in this case, he never said shit about searching for the truth from his start as a prosecutor. Even if this case didn't exist, we know he already knew that he had to focus on the truth thanks to Turnabout Samurai. You know, that one case which you kept saying was filler while ignoring the fact that he threw out his arguments and helped Phoenix take down the real murderer, then had to deal with his "unease and uncertainty" which every single fuckin yaoi fangirl thought that meant he was gay? And according to you, Turnabout Reminiscence was perfectly fine despite having Edgeworth search for the truth before he started his career as a prosecutor. (And no, prosecutors don't get away with murder)
CatMuto wrote:
Also, 1-5 was not very well written. What, suddenly everybody is psychic and can read Phoenix' blue-fonted thoughts and openly respond to them? The SL-9 case is boring, the case we're working on in 1-5 is boring, the characters are past the "this is funny wacky" line to "omg you are so annoying, please stop talking". I mean, I like puns and all, but Angel's repeated food-puns get irritating. Jack Marshall should be run over, that drunk ass-testicle. Mike Meekins needs a job as a burger flipper. And Damon Gant is a poor attempt at making somebody as intimidating as Karma had been.

C-A

PS: Also, giant illogical contraption that is the Evidence Room. But that's on the previous page.

This is where I must conclude that you don't even try to pay attention because everyone was already reading Phoenix's blue-fonted texts in the other cases. Hell, Phoenix was already reading other people's blue-fonted texts.
You were also the one who complained that Karma wasn't even intimidating AND that you spoiled yourself before playing this case. Things can be very boring when you know exactly how it already turns out before you even start something. And don't tell me "Even if I didn't spoil myself, I still would have been bored" because no you wouldn't.

Also, of all the things wrong with the evidence room, you and everyone else missed the biggest hole in it. I'd show you, but that would just be giving you the answer.
"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls

sumguy28 wrote:
CatMuto wrote:

We had nothing but one rumor in one scene to assume that Edgeworth would do literally everything to win every case with a guilty verdict. And when that was brought up in this case, he never said shit about searching for the truth from his start as a prosecutor. Even if this case didn't exist, we know he already knew that he had to focus on the truth thanks to Turnabout Samurai. You know, that one case which you kept saying was filler while ignoring the fact that he threw out his arguments and helped Phoenix take down the real murderer, then had to deal with his "unease and uncertainty" which every single fuckin yaoi fangirl thought that meant he was gay? And according to you, Turnabout Reminiscence was perfectly fine despite having Edgeworth search for the truth before he started his career as a prosecutor. (And no, prosecutors don't get away with murder)
CatMuto wrote:

C-A

This is where I must conclude that you don't even try to pay attention because everyone was already reading Phoenix's blue-fonted texts in the other cases. Hell, Phoenix was already reading other people's blue-fonted texts.
You were also the one who complained that Karma wasn't even intimidating AND that you spoiled yourself before playing this case. Things can be very boring when you know exactly how it already turns out before you even start something. And don't tell me "Even if I didn't spoil myself, I still would have been bored" because no you wouldn't.

Also, of all the things wrong with the evidence room, you and everyone else missed the biggest hole in it. I'd show you, but that would just be giving you the answer.

Your Honor! There is a contradiction!

So....how come evidence lock-up only had ONE Camera? Like they were able to afford fancy fingerprint door lockers but they couldn't have invested in a camera that had probably the stupidest pattern imaginable, AND that it's easily block able with something like The Blue Badger. Like seriously why is the camera moving back and forth instead on a set pattern instead of having it more higher up so it can see the room easier....and why was the camera so low in the first place? It wasn't even a normal person's height, so that puts a HUGE disadvantage to it... :ron:

Bingo. Especially confusing since the office outside of it has about ten screens. If the job is to view the Evidence Room, only one camera, that does not require ten screens.

And please, be so kind to tell me the biggest hole of the Evidence Room, so I can list it among the other problems with giant black hole of a plot one. (And Edgey helping Phoenix in 1-3, I can be a dick and say he did that cause his beloved Steel Samurai was on trial - or maybe he realized how fucking flimsy his case against Powers was)

Speaking of cameras in the Evidence Room! ...do I need a spoiler?

Spoiler:
If the camera records 24/7 in that room, how come there's no recording of the actual murder? Sure, you can say that the recording was deleted. But wouldn't somebody be concerned that there was no recording for that day until 5:15 pm?

Then again, this is the same universe that thinks a videotape in 2-4 is the case cracker... yes, it is. But nobody actually knows that. Because nobody checked the freaking content of it. "Oh hey, this recording is the key to cracking the case, Your Honor!"
"Very well, I will allow it."

Then again, 1-5 has a stupid premise. Yes, a man, whose body we totally have at this point at 5:15, that has been identified, can totally be in a completely different area and be murdered there at the exact same time. We must prolong the trial to prove this...!

C-A

I've felt worse.

CatMuto wrote:
Bingo. Especially confusing since the office outside of it has about ten screens. If the job is to view the Evidence Room, only one camera, that does not require ten screens.

And please, be so kind to tell me the biggest hole of the Evidence Room, so I can list it among the other problems with giant black hole of a plot one. (And Edgey helping Phoenix in 1-3, I can be a dick and say he did that cause his beloved Steel Samurai was on trial - or maybe he realized how fucking flimsy his case against Powers was)

Speaking of cameras in the Evidence Room! ...do I need a spoiler?

Spoiler:
If the camera records 24/7 in that room, how come there's no recording of the actual murder? Sure, you can say that the recording was deleted. But wouldn't somebody be concerned that there was no recording for that day until 5:15 pm?

The tapes are automatically deleted automatically every six hours if nothing important happens. The one in charge of that is Marshall.
And see that part that I bolded? The biggest hole is there, but not for the reasons you listed. And you only noticed most of those reasons after you read a convenient VGfuckingR. Actually, that means that even VGfuckingR missed it. (And I can be a dick and say Edgeworth still could have won if Phoenix didn't catch Vasquez.)
Also, I didn't mention this before, but Angel doesn't use food puns. She occasionally uses food metaphors. Puns would be if I Starr-ted deli-bear-ating who's r-eel-ly behind your internet facade. Not that it makes a difference. You only seem to relate to emotionless characters.

I used the wrong word. Metaphors, yes. But even those get old after a while.

Quote:
The tapes are automatically deleted automatically every six hours if nothing important happens. The one in charge of that is Marshall.

I do not remember it being mentioned that tapes get automatically deleted every six hours, if nothing important happens. At least, not by a machine, after all, how is a machine supposed to know if something "important" happens?

But yes, another problem with that Case has to do with Marshall being in charge of said camera and recording.
Also another part, with six hours, but still.

Spoiler: Marshall and Camera
If he is in charge of the camera and the recordings and what is deemed "important", how come he didn't delete the freaking video of his fight with Meekins? He's in charge, I'm sure he has the power to delete those freaking recordings - if not turning the damn camera off.
Then again, why the hell did he try to steal evidence on the day of evidence transferal? What, he couldn't have thought of taking Goodman's ID before the day where tons of people would be going in and out of the evidence room?

Spoiler: Problem 2 with Camera
If it deletes every 6 hours, let's say 6 AM, 12 PM, 6 PM and 12 AM, how come there is no freaking recording of Gant stabbing freaking Goodman in that freaking room almost an hour beforehand? Oh what, THAT part was deleted but not the Meekins part? How and Why not?

I would also ask something about the card reader list, but I can't find an image on it and I do not have a convenient savefile close to getting that thing.

C-A

I've felt worse.

CatMuto wrote:
Then again, why the hell did he try to steal evidence on the day of evidence transferal? What, he couldn't have thought of taking Goodman's ID before the day where tons of people would be going in and out of the evidence room?

You can have everything I didn't put in this quote, but seriously, I already answered this on the previous page.
Quote:
Judge: Several hundred cases should have been due for transferal.
Judge: Why were there so few people using this room?
Edgeworth: This particular evidence room is only used for storing certain special cases.
Phoenix: "Special" cases...?
Edgeworth: Extremely violent cases involving police staff.
Ema: Just hearing that makes my hair stand on end!
Phoenix: (Me too, although it doesn't make much of a difference...)
Edgeworth: There were only a few cases up for transferal there, and most were cleared up by noon.

CatMuto wrote:
I used the wrong word. Metaphors, yes. But even those get old after a while.

Quote:

I do not remember it being mentioned that tapes get automatically deleted every six hours, if nothing important happens. At least, not by a machine, after all, how is a machine supposed to know if something "important" happens?

Marshall mentions it himself that he doesn't know how everything works. The machine probably deletes after every six hours when nobody has entered the evidence room.

Quote:
You can have everything I didn't put in this quote, but seriously, I already answered this on the previous page.

But your quote there also points out, majority of it was done by noon. Well then why were people still going in at 4 PM? Considering how they said that the room has special cases, most probably wouldn't have the evidence transferal at that point, you'd think that they'd be done even sooner than Noon. And yet there's no sign in prior to noon... (I think, I have not found a screenshot of the print for a while)

Quote:
The machine probably deletes after every six hours when nobody has entered the evidence room.

Aside from being incredibly stupid, I do not think it was ever mentioned that the card reader or camera are somehow inter-connected. They are mentioned as the two (actually, three with the fingerprint thing) security measures of the room, but that doesn't mean they actually interract in some way.
And again, it's incredibly stupid, letting a machine do stuff.

Spoiler:
Also, again: Gant is the head of police. *IF* we go along the idea that it is only machine-deleted and machine-deleted only, he would be incapable of murdering Goodman and NOT have a video of that damn thing. If it's machine deleted by is there no VIDEO of Gant murdering Goodman?

C-A

Plot hole?
Spoiler: 5-2
They explain at the very end of 5-2 that Florent L'Belle didn't kill Damian Temna and the Alderman and make it look like they killed each other, because he didn't want Nine Tails to live as a symbol. He wanted to disparage the Nine Tails so people would abandon the anti-merger movement

HOWEVER, everyone believed Nine Tails to be the Alderman, and L'Belle went as far as actively hiding the fact that Temna was Nine Tails (because it would reveal he was the killer). So, why didn't he just kill them both, or kill Temna and frame the Alderman? It was just all so confusing

Plot hole?
Spoiler: 5-2
They explain at the very end of 5-2 that Florent L'Belle didn't kill Damian Temna and the Alderman and make it look like they killed each other, because he didn't want Nine Tails to live as a symbol. He wanted to disparage the Nine Tails so people would abandon the anti-merger movement

HOWEVER, everyone believed Nine Tails to be the Alderman, and L'Belle went as far as actively hiding the fact that Temna was Nine Tails (because it would reveal he was the killer). So, why didn't he just kill them both, or kill Temna and frame the Alderman? It was just all so confusing

I've felt worse.

CatMuto wrote:
Quote:

But your quote there also points out, majority of it was done by noon. Well then why were people still going in at 4 PM? Considering how they said that the room has special cases, most probably wouldn't have the evidence transferal at that point, you'd think that they'd be done even sooner than Noon. And yet there's no sign in prior to noon... (I think, I have not found a screenshot of the print for a while)

C-A

The only people going in after noon were all related to this case.

sumguy28 wrote:
The only people going in after noon were all related to this case.

Well how convenient. I'm still wondering, considering Phoenix is labelled to not be good with machines (at least, that trait wasn't invented until the 3rd Game, but since 1-5 comes out AFTER that game, technically, let's say he has that problem) and Computers are probably not as SCIENCE as Ema wants them to, were they somehow able to alter the print out to only be post-noon?
Or is it that it was ONLY people going in at 4 PM? In which case, WTH, Edgey lied or at least was mistaken about majority of cases and every evidence transferal being done prior to noon. OR why they did even bother to print out the times prior to 5:15 PM, considering they were constantly told the murder in the room happened at 5:15 PM?

It doesn't make sense. Then again, I think I've said this about the game about half a dozen times by now.

C-A

I've felt worse.

CatMuto wrote:
Well how convenient. I'm still wondering, considering Phoenix is labelled to not be good with machines (at least, that trait wasn't invented until the 3rd Game, but since 1-5 comes out AFTER that game, technically, let's say he has that problem) and Computers are probably not as SCIENCE as Ema wants them to, were they somehow able to alter the print out to only be post-noon?
Or is it that it was ONLY people going in at 4 PM? In which case, WTH, Edgey lied or at least was mistaken about majority of cases and every evidence transferal being done prior to noon. OR why they did even bother to print out the times prior to 5:15 PM, considering they were constantly told the murder in the room happened at 5:15 PM?

It doesn't make sense. Then again, I think I've said this about the game about half a dozen times by now.

C-A
That was the police who printed that list out, not Phoenix. Works of fiction won't have holes in them if you want them to.
Plus, anything makes more sense that turning the Eidolons into Transformers.

Case 1-4, Contradictory Wording

When we first go to Gourd Lake and talk to Gumshoe about the case and all...
Some Policeman says, "There weren't any clues...that's why we arrested that attorney, Mr. Edgeworth!"
Translation: They had not a single clue for his guilt, so they arrested Edgeworth.

Few sentences later, Gumshoe says that the police is convinced Edgeworth is the killer, so they aren't taking the investigation, which includes looking for clues, very seriously. Aside from that being really, really stupid... after all, who cares what the freaking police thinks in this game, they don't hand down verdicts.

Shortly after that, Gumshoe says this, "The case against him is...well, it's pretty solid."
Translation: They had not a single clue indicating Edgeworth, so they arrested him, but the case is still solid.
Despite no clue for his guilt or anything. This isn't just Gumshoe being an airhead or a die-hard Edgeworth-Fanboy, this is just contradictory writing.

Yeah. There's the witness. But why the hell say they don't have a clue when they have a witness?

C-A

CatMuto wrote:
Case 1-4, Contradictory Wording

When we first go to Gourd Lake and talk to Gumshoe about the case and all...
Some Policeman says, "There weren't any clues...that's why we arrested that attorney, Mr. Edgeworth!"
Translation: They had not a single clue for his guilt, so they arrested Edgeworth.

Few sentences later, Gumshoe says that the police is convinced Edgeworth is the killer, so they aren't taking the investigation, which includes looking for clues, very seriously. Aside from that being really, really stupid... after all, who cares what the freaking police thinks in this game, they don't hand down verdicts.

Shortly after that, Gumshoe says this, "The case against him is...well, it's pretty solid."
Translation: They had not a single clue indicating Edgeworth, so they arrested him, but the case is still solid.
Despite no clue for his guilt or anything. This isn't just Gumshoe being an airhead or a die-hard Edgeworth-Fanboy, this is just contradictory writing.

Yeah. There's the witness. But why the hell say they don't have a clue when they have a witness?

C-A

This is a case of AA's Horrible Police in action. No evidence, no real case, but hey SOMEONE'S gotta be arrested. It's like 3-3, where
Spoiler: Case 3-3
No one fucking noticed that Furio Tigre and Phoenix look NOTHING ALIKE but the god damn hair. This is especially bad since Maggey was Phoenix's Client once at this point, and even helped him in court to prove her innocence, so how the HELL did she not notice something different. There was also The Judge. Judge....come on. HOW many times have you seen Phoenix in court? And you're telling me not FUCKING ONCE did Furio look even REMOTELY suspect to you?!
Honestly if no one noticed that for 6 Months, then saying they don't have a clue but have a witness makes more sense

Still doesn't mean it's any less stupid though.

I think the court people's reason was that they were intimidated, but then that is a potential reason, I guess. I dunno, I kinda think the wimpiest dogs bark the loudest, so take that as a character part of Furio's. As for Maggey... well... she's kind of a doofus. Plus, didn't she believe Furio, when his claim was "I gots a bad case of da sunburns"?

Speaking of, why is her case 6 months past before we actually do anything? I mean, given how the first day of trial in 1-4 ends, the Judge says Edgey has to step in front of the high court a month after the verdict has been given, to get his final verdict. What? Aside from high court deciding an already decided verdict, there it's a month but here it's 6 months?

C-A

CatMuto wrote:
I think the court people's reason was that they were intimidated, but then that is a potential reason, I guess. I dunno, I kinda think the wimpiest dogs bark the loudest, so take that as a character part of Furio's. As for Maggey... well... she's kind of a doofus. Plus, didn't she believe Furio, when his claim was "I gots a bad case of da sunburns"?

Speaking of, why is her case 6 months past before we actually do anything? I mean, given how the first day of trial in 1-4 ends, the Judge says Edgey has to step in front of the high court a month after the verdict has been given, to get his final verdict. What? Aside from high court deciding an already decided verdict, there it's a month but here it's 6 months?

C-A

I dunno about that, maybe the High Court realized something was fishy or whatever, but still this brings on another point.

It took 6 Months to finally get Maggey outa jail.
Not 6 days, not 6 Weeks. SIX GODDAMN MONTHS

What in the HELL was Phoenix doing that he didn't notice someone impersonated him and didn't know about it for 6 months, AND Maggey not have tried to contact Maya, or SOMEONE who could contact him? Okay well Maggey not being able to contact anyone is excusable, she got convicted of Murder so I doubt they'd let her do anything.

But for Six Months not ONCE has someone mentioned to Phoenix that 'hey you put up a really bad defense' until he happened to read it in the newspaper. But when we SEE Maggey, she's not in a prison uniform, she's still in that waitress uniform.

You know the more we discuss this the more I'm starting to dislike the case...

What are you both talking about? Only one month passed between Maggey's two trials.

Well I have an entire thread dedicated to how the 3rd cases in the games are generally not that great. 'cept for GK2-3 up to now and I have not got any feedback for 5-3 yet.

Well, Edgeworth has the excuse that he's probably abroad so he might not know. Or he knows, but saw instantly that it was wrong and just decided to focus on whatever court system he was working on at that point.
Larry... is Larry, he'd believe it.

C-A

Jozerick wrote:
What are you both talking about? Only one month passed between Maggey's two trials.

I...wait what? :udgey: .... :sadshoe: Okay I think I misremembered something.. :larry: Sorry...

shippersdreamer wrote:
Jozerick wrote:

I...wait what? :udgey: .... :sadshoe: Okay I think I misremembered something.. :larry: Sorry...

that was a big gap mistake you made there xD

Fool Bright wrote:
shippersdreamer wrote:
Jozerick wrote:

that was a big gap mistake you made there xD

:ack: Y-yeah...it was..ahaha...guess I got a little too passionate...and..yeah..

CatMuto wrote:
Well I have an entire thread dedicated to how the 3rd cases in the games are generally not that great. 'cept for GK2-3 up to now and I have not got any feedback for 5-3 yet.

Well, Edgeworth has the excuse that he's probably abroad so he might not know. Or he knows, but saw instantly that it was wrong and just decided to focus on whatever court system he was working on at that point.
Larry... is Larry, he'd believe it.

C-A

Would you mind linking it for me? I actually have something to say about 5-3..

shippersdreamer wrote:
Would you mind linking it for me? I actually have something to say about 5-3..

Should be working with this one

C-A

I just thought of something that makes Case 3-2 make absolutely no sense
Spoiler:
Ok, so Luke Atmey killed Kane Bullard because Kane was blackmailing him for being the "real" Mask DeMasque or whatever. Because of this, Luke killed him.

However, Luke's plan was to get a guilty verdict for the crime of being Mask DeMasque so he wouldn't get arrested for Kane's murder.

So, if Luke just told Kane to fuck off, Kane would've exposed Luke for helping a thief, and then Luke would've gone to jail for that crime. If Luke killed Kane, his plan was to go to jail for theft. So, either way (Kane dead or alive) Luke would've gone to jail for the same crime, except in one situation he didn't have to kill anyone (and not go to jail for murder)

OBJECTION.I object that is objectionable

Just finished replaying the first case on miles edgeworth AAI, and its interesting how edgeworth says the reason the victim entered his office was he heard noises yet earlier in the case edgeworth tells gumshoe the room is soundproof ^^;
When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth- Sherlock Holmes

The video game boy; the one who wins

So reality warps in our advance. Isn't that nice?
(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)

davech1987 wrote:
Just finished replaying the first case on miles edgeworth AAI, and its interesting how edgeworth says the reason the victim entered his office was he heard noises yet earlier in the case edgeworth tells gumshoe the room is soundproof ^^;

...this just makes me wonder why Edgeworth's office is soundproof. :sadshoe:

C-A

The video game boy; the one who wins

So that nobody will hear when he watches Steel samurai on his work time :will:
(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)

[Whip the cream!]

GoingforMiles wrote:
So that nobody will hear when he watches Steel samurai on his work time :will:

Sounds legit. :godot:
Gimme a "P"! Gimme an "I"! Give me a "P" and an "E"! What's that spell?! Pipe!

Case 1-5
Person Joe Darke
Name Serial Killer or Murdering Spree?

Okay, so for some time in 1-5, they keep referring to Joe Darke as a serial killer. But later on, we learn how he came to kill several people... on day, he runs into someone with his car by accident. Pumped up, he decided to kill the person who saw the car-hit. Then murders someone who saw the second killing. He kills a kid that just happens to pass him. While he's burying the four bodies, a jogger passes him and he kills that person, too.
This isn't a serial killer thing... that sounds a whole lot more like simply an adrenaline induced Murdering Spree.

And how can they say that it was difficult to track Joe Darke, since his killings sound like they all took place in the span of a few hours? He kills five people, then comes into the police department for questioning, then runs off and ends up committing the final murder. It's just... this is not a serial killer, the police has no real right to complain about not having any evidence to hold this guy who seems to kill a person every hour and then drops in to admit that he did it.

C-A

I've felt worse.

CatMuto wrote:
Case 1-5
Person Joe Darke
Name Serial Killer or Murdering Spree?

Okay, so for some time in 1-5, they keep referring to Joe Darke as a serial killer. But later on, we learn how he came to kill several people... on day, he runs into someone with his car by accident. Pumped up, he decided to kill the person who saw the car-hit. Then murders someone who saw the second killing. He kills a kid that just happens to pass him. While he's burying the four bodies, a jogger passes him and he kills that person, too.
This isn't a serial killer thing... that sounds a whole lot more like simply an adrenaline induced Murdering Spree.

And how can they say that it was difficult to track Joe Darke, since his killings sound like they all took place in the span of a few hours? He kills five people, then comes into the police department for questioning, then runs off and ends up committing the final murder. It's just... this is not a serial killer, the police has no real right to complain about not having any evidence to hold this guy who seems to kill a person every hour and then drops in to admit that he did it.

C-A

You might as well just post the entire VGR article here.
Yes, that was not a serial killing, that was an adrenaline induced murdering spree. But since VGR you didn't notice, there was a time difference between the first five murders and Darke confessing. Specifically, half a year. In that time, any decisive evidence connecting Darke to the murders would have been covered up.

sumguy28 wrote:
You might as well just post the entire VGR article here.
Yes, that was not a serial killing, that was an adrenaline induced murdering spree. But since VGR you didn't notice, there was a time difference between the first five murders and Darke confessing. Specifically, half a year. In that time, any decisive evidence connecting Darke to the murders would have been covered up.

Which is a good mention... yeah, six months. How did they know of those five people that got killed? Were they missing? When did they find the bodies? When did they know they needed to find Joe Darke, specifically? How come, when they repeatedly state that they had no evidence, is Angel suddenly saying that "Items we knew about suddenly disappeared" and new ones cropped up? How can "items disappear" or "new ones crop up" when they never had any to begin with?

Even better, WHEN was Neil Marshall killed? If his death is what caused Jake to become so obsessed with finding Joe Darke, he must've died BEFORE Joe Darke got caught and imprisoned. But he wasn't. If Neil Marshall's death and the following circumstances are what made Lana so ice cold, why was she supposedly so comforting towards Jake? After all, an ice cold woman that Lana became does not comfort people. It's a web of contradictions.

C-A

I've felt worse.

CatMuto wrote:
Which is a good mention... yeah, six months. How did they know of those five people that got killed? Were they missing? When did they find the bodies? When did they know they needed to find Joe Darke, specifically? How come, when they repeatedly state that they had no evidence, is Angel suddenly saying that "Items we knew about suddenly disappeared" and new ones cropped up? How can "items disappear" or "new ones crop up" when they never had any to begin with?

Well, if you hit someone with a car while driving fast enough, that would leave a dent, wouldn't it? Leading to a convenient auto-repair afterwards, which would have records of it. Of course, that's hardly decisive evidence, but that would be the only lead the investigation team had. The "items that disappeared" would be the evidence they found after Neil was killed.
CatMuto wrote:
Even better, WHEN was Neil Marshall killed? If his death is what caused Jake to become so obsessed with finding Joe Darke, he must've died BEFORE Joe Darke got caught and imprisoned. But he wasn't. If Neil Marshall's death and the following circumstances are what made Lana so ice cold, why was she supposedly so comforting towards Jake? After all, an ice cold woman that Lana became does not comfort people. It's a web of contradictions.

What part of this supports the bolded parts?
Quote:
Marshall:There's more to my brother's death than what the records say.
Marshall: No matter how much you try to hide it, you can't fool me.
Angel: Joe Darke... That's a name I'll not soon forget!
Angel: We trailed him for half a year. Oh, the pressure!
Angel: Still, I don't think I was ever more alive than I was then.
Angel: Those days were steamier than a bowl of hot gravy!
Angel: Poor old Jake Marshall, though, must have been going through hell.
Phoenix: You mean, because of his brother's death?
Angel: They were close, those two.
Angel: After Neil died, something took over Jake. He became obsessed.
Angel: Seeing Jake like that made her all the more desperate.
Phoenix: "Her"...?
Angel: Lana Skye.

Page 54 of 60 [ 2372 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57 ... 60  Next

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby