Page 21 of 23[ 919 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next

Re: Headcanon for the series?Topic%20Title

Happy Maria

I think that's the general consensus.

Racing through the sky like a Missile

dangerousoffender wrote:
Now a serious headcanon. I don't know if somebody mentioned this before (I didn't read the entire topic), but

Spoiler: 1-3
I always assumed that Manuel, the guy Jack Hammer killed, was Dee Vasquez' lover... because when she confessed killing Hammer, she remembered the incident where Hammer killed this Manuel guy and her reaction was pretty much, "noooo, noooo, this can't be happening! talk to me! please don't die!". I think one of the reasons why she blackmailed Hammer was getting some sort of personal revenge. Anyway, it never became explicit if Hammer intentionally killed the guy, or if it was just an accident.

Aw, man. It's a pretty heartwrenching moment, but after playing the original Japanese version, whenever I hear of it again, I have to laugh.
Spoiler: not out of spite ofc
His name there is literally Takumi. And then I imagine Mr. Shu Takumi himself playing dead and I crack up. "Mr. Takumi! Nooooo!"

It doesn't explain why there isn't more art or creative work from the fandom about it, though.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com

[Whip the cream!]

Rubia Ryu the Royal wrote:
His name there is literally Takumi. And then I imagine Mr. Shu Takumi himself playing dead and I crack up. "Mr. Takumi! Nooooo!"

x´D !!!

(Because sometimes a smiley and some exclamation marks say more than a thousand words.)
Gimme a "P"! Gimme an "I"! Give me a "P" and an "E"! What's that spell?! Pipe!

Happy Maria

So in this universe,AA is the Steel Samurai?

I knew it!

No. Takumi is the real Steel Samurai and all the little dorks of his games wish to grow up to be like him.

You know what, I'm taking this as serious headcanon. There's no way the cast of AA could not love him, their dear mother father.

I'm also betting Phoenix's real in-universe father is basically Takumi under a different alias. It's too perfect an opportunity for the Capcom crew to miss.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu

The video game boy; the one who wins

Rubia Ryu the Royal wrote:
dangerousoffender wrote:
Now a serious headcanon. I don't know if somebody mentioned this before (I didn't read the entire topic), but

Spoiler: 1-3
I always assumed that Manuel, the guy Jack Hammer killed, was Dee Vasquez' lover... because when she confessed killing Hammer, she remembered the incident where Hammer killed this Manuel guy and her reaction was pretty much, "noooo, noooo, this can't be happening! talk to me! please don't die!". I think one of the reasons why she blackmailed Hammer was getting some sort of personal revenge. Anyway, it never became explicit if Hammer intentionally killed the guy, or if it was just an accident.

Aw, man. It's a pretty heartwrenching moment, but after playing the original Japanese version, whenever I hear of it again, I have to laugh.

It doesn't explain why there isn't more art or creative work from the fandom about it, though.

Hahahaha oh Takumi... :redd:
(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)

I wonder if this is a headcanon or one of those "things to notice on a second playthrough" but anyway

Spoiler: 6-5
Inga was planning the coup to put Rayfa on the throne, not himself. That's why the incredibly self-incriminating note was found in the safe. He wanted to protect Rayfa in case his plan failed

A Kirby and AA fan

JesusMonroe wrote:
I wonder if this is a headcanon or one of those "things to notice on a second playthrough" but anyway

Inga was planning the coup to put Rayfa on the throne, not himself. That's why the incredibly self-incriminating note was found in the safe. He wanted to protect Rayfa in case his plan failed

That's so obvious, I don't know why I didn't realize this before myself...

JesusMonroe wrote:

Oh. This makes me appreciate the character in question even more, as way more rounded than one may initially think.

the Rock Pokemon

Never thought of it like that. Great point.

Dancing to "Guilty love" while wearing an Apollo-suit gave me the mental image of Apollo, in his home and in secret, rocking out to The Gavinners-music, air-guitar and all. Not that he'd tell anyone about this, ever ever ever. He may think Klavi's music is annoying, but not even he is immune to its catchyness.

Happy Maria

After 6-4, Nahyuta is now a huge weeb and performs Rakugo weekly for the royal family

The Enigma

Going for Miles wrote:
Dancing to "Guilty love" while wearing an Apollo-suit gave me the mental image of Apollo, in his home and in secret, rocking out to The Gavinners-music, air-guitar and all. Not that he'd tell anyone about this, ever ever ever. He may think Klavi's music is annoying, but not even he is immune to its catchyness.

Ahh you finally got your suit??
I've heard rumors… Bramimond, one of the eight legends, devoted himself entirely to the dark. All emotion, all memory… dissolved in a river of dark. That is how he received the power to best dragons

Yesss. I'm in it as we're speaking :apollo:

The Enigma

Legit!

And haha of course you are Apollex x)
I've heard rumors… Bramimond, one of the eight legends, devoted himself entirely to the dark. All emotion, all memory… dissolved in a river of dark. That is how he received the power to best dragons

U-huh x3 :edgey:

Happy Maria

I thought Apollex was a watch store with eMayas and iFlys.

Spoiler: 4-3
Daryan's motive for smuggling the cocoon was never really touched upon. My take on it is that he mostly did it for the kicks. In his work he had come across multiple more or less successful methods of smuggling and knew of the loopholes so he figured he could kinda outsmart everyone. He seems to me to have a little rebel heart and probably enjoyed scheming and (attempting to) beat the system with nobody around to give him orders.

The Enigma

I wonder about the witnesses who get caught lying in court, but hardly can I ever recall a time where they get arrested for perjury/obstruction of justice, save for the case of Lana, Iris, Adrian and
Spoiler: DGS
Gina Lestrade
The lawyers do make threats about perjury though, but the witnesses.still.lie.

So this is my headcanon for lying witnesses: either they weren't intentionally lying and were just oblivious to the events that were going on at the time, because in AA there is no such thing as an ideal witness. 2. they were lying, like in the case of Robin/Hugh in Dual Destinies. confessing to murder they didn't commit and wasting the court's time. Trying to save Junie, but still (perjury). But they didn't get arrested because there was some serious plea bargaining that we might have overlooked or it was going on behind the scenes. 3. the witness turned out to be the killer and it didn't matter if they were lying. Just tack that perjury/obstruction of justice punishment onto their murder charge and call it a day.

I dunno, I'm probably overthinking it but it has me wondering. Maybe I should've posted this in AA theories.

Last edited by Bramimond on Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Bramimond wrote:
I wonder about the witnesses who get caught lying in court, but hardly can I ever recall a time where they get arrested for perjury/obstruction of justice, save for the case of Lana, Iris, Adrian and
Spoiler: DGS
Gina Lestrade in DGS
The lawyers do make threats about perjury though, but the witnesses.still.lie.

So this is my headcanon for lying witnesses: either they weren't intentionally lying and were just oblivious to the events that were going on at the time, because in AA there is no such thing as an ideal witness. 2. they were lying, like in the case of
Spoiler: DD, might as well tag this
Robin/Hugh in Dual Destinies. confessing to murder they didn't commit and wasting the court's time. Trying to save Junie, but still (perjury)
. But they didn't get arrested because there was some serious plea bargaining that we might have overlooked or it was going on behind the scenes. 3. the witness turned out to be the killer and it didn't matter if they were lying. Just tack that perjury/obstruction of justice punishment onto their murder charge and call it a day.

I dunno, I'm probably overthinking it but it has me wondering. Maybe I should've posted this in AA theories.

DD spoilers are pretty irrelevant at this point, but you should really tag DGS ones.

Also, Lana, Iris and Adrian weren't arrested for perjury, but for intentionally manipulating the crime scene to mislead the police. Adrian got out pretty quick, but Iris and Lana probably got more time because they were accomplices to the murder (and in Lana's case, to a lot more nasty things).

If there's a consequence for lying on the stand in this universe, it doesn't seem to be jail time. Maybe a fine?

That, or community service is my best guess. Odd thing that it's not only in Japanifornia where it happens, but even in the London of PLvsAA or of DGS. Then again, it is also the same world where Germerica allows prosecutors to whip people in court.

Unrelated, but it just hit me. Pess is not only one dog. Pess is the name given to a line of dogs that Edgeworth has owned over the ages, so Pess was once a Pomeranian, the one he met as a child (according to the anime), the Pess that lived with him in his earlier prosecutorial days, and the latest Pess that still lives with him as he's the Chief Prosecutor.

It's the only explanation for why Takumi never insisted on a particular breed of dog, since Pess was a variety of breeds! :D

Inb4 Edgeworth just lives with a bunch of dogs and calls them all Pess
this is why he never wants to get married, he hates coming up with names

Happy Maria

Poor Pess.

You know, a Mario game!

Consistency is one thing the series seriously lacks. For instance, it's always pissed me off how Edgeworth got a slap on the wrist for unknowingly using forged evidence, yet it instantly gets Phoenix disbarred. Neither one of them knew they were doing it, yet they had completely different consequences. I've always felt that this proves how biased the legal system is towards prosecutors, a fact which is readily apparent in every game.
My let's Play channel! Shameless plug!
Current Project: Sly Cooper & The Thievius Racoonus
My Twitter Account

A Kirby and AA fan

dimentiorules wrote:
Consistency is one thing the series seriously lacks. [...] I've always felt that this proves how biased the legal system is towards prosecutors, a fact which is readily apparent in every game.

So, what you're saying is, it's pretty darn consistent?

the Rock Pokemon

The first time 8-year-old Trucy signed her new last name, she misspelled it. Phoenix had to teach her how to write Wright right. :hobohodo:

You know, a Mario game!

Nurio wrote:
dimentiorules wrote:
Consistency is one thing the series seriously lacks. [...] I've always felt that this proves how biased the legal system is towards prosecutors, a fact which is readily apparent in every game.

So, what you're saying is, it's pretty darn consistent?

.....Damn it! (Penalty noise) I've gotta watch what I say!
My let's Play channel! Shameless plug!
Current Project: Sly Cooper & The Thievius Racoonus
My Twitter Account

I think that when Juniper becomes a judge, she's gonna pull something like that Student Council President act she had going on in 5-3. I'm imagining something like:
Spoiler:
Blakquill: Hmph. That pathetic attempt wasn't even worth of my blade. All you deserve is a penalty.
Athena: C'mon, guys, can you let it slide this time? For the sake of old times?
Juniper: I'm sorry, but as the judge in this case, I can't tolerate this kind of flimsy reasoning in my court.
*penalty*
Athena: (So much for the power of friendship)

the Rock Pokemon

luck wrote:
I think that when Juniper becomes a judge, she's gonna pull something like that Student Council President act she had going on in 5-3. I'm imagining something like:
Spoiler:
Blakquill: Hmph. That pathetic attempt wasn't even worth of my blade. All you deserve is a penalty.
Athena: C'mon, guys, can you let it slide this time? For the sake of old times?
Juniper: I'm sorry, but as the judge in this case, I can't tolerate this kind of flimsy reasoning in my court.
*penalty*
Athena: (So much for the power of friendship)

I hope she does become a judge. You'd think someone with poor health like her would have a hard time with a job like that though, but you're right, the way she handled being student council president suggests that she has it in her.

Happy Maria

Spoiler: DGS and SoJ
Armie's mother is a descendant of Nikomina from DGS-2.

Spoiler: 5-5
Aura pretty much says flat-out that she had romantic feelings for Metis during the trial, but before that, during the investigation, Apollo says that Metis seemed to have loved the robots as much as she loved Athena, "... and almost as much as she loved you", which makes Aura laugh. It does seem like a pretty odd thing to just randomly say about someone. But from what little we see of Apollo and Aura during their investigation as Phoenix and Trucy enters, Aura seems pretty fond of Apollo. So my headcanon is that she had earlier opened up to him about how she felt about Metis. And she laughs his comment off because it made her feel embarassed.

Going for Miles wrote:
Aura pretty much says flat-out that she had romantic feelings for Metis during the trial, but before that, during the investigation, Apollo says that Metis seemed to have loved the robots as much as she loved Athena, "... and almost as much as she loved you", which makes Aura laugh. It does seem like a pretty odd thing to just randomly say about someone. But from what little we see of Apollo and Aura during their investigation as Phoenix and Trucy enters, Aura seems pretty fond of Apollo. So my headcanon is that she had earlier opened up to him about how she felt about Metis. And she laughs his comment off because it made her feel embarassed.

Spoiler:
I say it's possible he knew about their relationship before then, since he and Clay had been keeping in touch. Who knows, maybe Clay was the one who told him about it first?

Spoiler:
Of course that's a possibility. If Clay was the gossiping kind ^^ But I don't think my headcanon is less believable, rather the opposite. Since he felt it was okay to refer to it like that. That, and I thought it would be rather heartwarming :3

Spoiler:
And Aura doesn't seem the type to be telling everybody about that, does she? Although she said it pretty nonchalantly in the trial. Come to think of it, that whole scene is pretty weird. Aura is talking about how the only thing that kept her going all these years was hating Athena and doesn't know what to do know that Phoenix has proven her innocent. Then Blackquill tells her that she should be happy that Metis chose her as her working partner, which has absolutely nothing to do with anything, and then she replies that she wanted something more than her respect as a co-worker and just forgets about the previous rant. And then we move on to the psychological profile. It really feels like the writers went out of their way to tell us Aura was into Metis. We even have the judge's and Phoenix's comments to make sure we get it.

I've always just kinda assumed Kristoph and Klavier have the same dad and different mothers. I also headcanon Kristoph as actually having German ancestry, while Klavier hasn't. If this would be true, it follows that they might have spent time in Germany during Klavier's childhood, going there on vacations or even living there for a shorter while, leading to Klavier's decision to eventually study there, and his connection to the Grrrmenn language. :klavier:

When giving testimony in 5-5, Apollo briefly mimics one of Kristoph's sprites and says "Evidence is everything in court". I always took that as just a little bit of his old mentor shining through, but now I'm leaning more towards believing he did that deliberately (honestly the thought never hit me until now) to shake Phoenix up a bit. The way he says it, "Then I've only got one thing to say to you, Mr. Wright..." *tilts head*, "Evidence is everything in court" makes it feel almost like an inside joke, but in a malicious way.

I never read it but apparently there's a fanfiction where Apollo visits Kristoph in prison while on his solo investigation and asks for advice. What I'd give for a scene like that to be in the game...

Happy Maria

I wonder if he would even really give any good advice...

"I only have one advice to give you, Mr. Justice: Get the fudge out of my cell."

Happy Maria

'Justice...Justice...JUST-STOP BADGERING ME YOU INSOLENT FOOL BEFORE I FLY INTO A MURDEROUS RAGE AND KILL YOU BWAAAAAAAAH' :Kristoph-hair:

[Whip the cream!]

Going for Miles wrote:
"I only have one advice to give you, Mr. Justice: Get the fudge out of my cell."

Tssst. :kristoph:
Gimme a "P"! Gimme an "I"! Give me a "P" and an "E"! What's that spell?! Pipe!
Page 21 of 23 [ 919 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby