Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby

Page 6 of 6[ 240 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Re: Ever a time when you cried when playing PW:AA?Topic%20Title

[Whip the cream!]

Not crying per se but seriously... GK2-5, just found out where Yumihiko's at and Miles is talking to him right now. My protective instincts are running haywire. Can I hug you and tell you that you're worth so, so much, Yumihiko? And may I adopt you as my little brother?
Gimme a "P"! Gimme an "I"! Give me a "P" and an "E"! What's that spell?! Pipe!

The video game boy; the one who wins

No crying, but I'll have to admit, I did dwell up a little
Spoiler: 6-2
during the first phone conversation between Apollo and Phoenix. The whole thing from beginning to end was just such a moment. And afterwards when Athena asks Apollo why he's smiling, it really hit it home. Yes.

(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)

Enoshima Junko-chan!

When Maya shows up at the end of 2-4.

Mayoi:Hold it! Me:What the fuck- Case 4

Just hearing Godot's theme makes me teary.
Got into the series when the anime first started airing, so I use the Japanese names of all the characters out of habit.
Also- Housuke, make up your mind! Who is your best friend; Kyouya, Daichi, or Nayuta?
Still wondering this three years later.

The miracle never happen

I think practically every game had a cry moment, in the first game, when I thought about Yanni Yogi's situation and how his life was ruined, that made me tear up a bit, in the second game, the entire second case was very sad, in the third game, well I think for that one, anything during and after case 4 gets very sad, but for more specific moments, in case 4, when the defendant does what he does, in case 5 when you finally figure out the truth and when the credits end. Now the fourth game, that one I didn't get any sad feelings from at all, it was a dark game, but not a sad one, the fifth game, meh, pretty bland, and the sixth game, well, I haven't finished it.
"There is but one last shred of cheer for a soul far beyond redemption: The bitter darkness that lies at the very bottom of this mug."
-Diego Armando

arsenicCatnip

I rarely cry, when I do it's about my lonely life or about Navrina...I don't recall anytime I cried about AA tho

Havin' a party.

The end of 6-3 might've made me rather sniffly. Stupid Khura'in grit in my eye.

Jacklack3 : A funny guy!

I did cry at the ending of Case 5 of the first game which is surprising since i don't really like Case 5 that much.
OBJECTION!

Ace Procrastinator

Spoiler: 2-3
When Acro started crying and the music made it even more emotional

Spoiler: 3-5
Finding out Godot's backstory made me teary eyed. He had so much taken away from him such as Mia, and it breaks his heart that he wasn't in a position to save her because he was poisoned by Dahlia. I also almost cried when Phoenix finds out that his college girlfriend was Iris and that the romantic feelings were mutual, but those would have been tears of joy. Sad that she was arrested for a selfless reason. And the credits made me shed happy/sad tears with the Turnabout sisters ballad and the picture at the end.

I cried at the DL-6 scene. To think his dad would be murdered right in front of him. I also cried at the very end of 1-5 when Lana was happy again and she was hugging ema. So it shows no matter how angry you feel at your sibling you still love them.

Happy Maria

Th ending scenes of each game always makes me a bit sad :larry:

I'm replaying the whole trilogy and my reactions are basically the same as the ones I described when I posted here before.

1-4 makes me teary. Even if you don't cry, DL-6 is kind of a tough case to know about.

1-3 doesn't make me cry, but makes me somewhat emotional in the end. The song that plays when Vasquez is confessing has a strange feeling of catharsis to it.

2-2 makes me very emotional. Mimi Miney's story is probably one of the most disgraceful life stories in the Ace Attorney series.

As always, JFA's ending makes me cry. First time I played, I cried like a baby. This song, and the whole atmosphere of the situation. Makes me feely. The "prosecutor's path" is a heavy-hearted one.

Trials and Tribulations does nothing for me, except maybe for the end/credits part, but I always get emotional during credits, generally.

And listening to Mia's version of that sister's song is kind of sad sometimes... gives that nostalgic vibe of something you can never have back and all.

Not crying, but I have to admit I got a little misty-eyed in 5-5 when
Spoiler:
Athena's black psyche-locks appear; that dramatic music is playing, she realizes she might have killed her mother, and then on top of that those psyche-locks appear and she has her empty-eyed, shaking animation.
Also the flashback from her witness testimony from seven years ago: "He didn't kill her! His heart is screaming he didn't kill her!"

I cried during 1-4 when it. Played the DL-6 scene. I can't even imagine what was going through Miles's head when that occurred.

a little dead inside

i generally don't cry during ace attorney but definitely the final case moments really try to jerk out some tears

Spoiler: 6-5
    i let out a small tear when maya was talking about dhurke's death, and how he sacrificed himself for her, then asking her to channel him so he could see apollo again, etc etc. i really loved dhurke a ton, and the fact that he went out like this to see apollo again was so heartwarming and bittersweet.
    the first week or so when i would listen to inherited hopes, i kept crying and getting sad over apollo and dhurke (a bit of nahyuta as well) and it felt like forever for me to get over it

i feel pretty

6-5 absolutely broke me.

You all know exactly why.

Canadian Cat: The True Master Race

I ended up tearing up a bit at the end of I2-4. Which is weird, since I was fine with 6-5 and I2-5.

Happy Maria

Really? Not I2-3? That was seriously the emotional peak of the game.

[Whip the cream!]

I got a bit misty-eyed at the end of the last trial in SoJ case 3.
Spoiler:
During the goodbyes.

Happy Maria

Definitely one of the two emotional peaks of the game,and the better one imo.

Phoenix' and Apollo's phone conversation in case 2 was the emotional peak of the game for me. :acro: (On the other hand, I'd spoiled myself already on what I assume you consider the emotional peak besides the case 3 one that was mentioned)

[Whip the cream!]

Phone conversatiooooon. :D <3 I'm smiling right now, just by thinking of it.

[Whip the cream!]

I did not think I'd have my lower lip trembling (it totally counts as crying in my book) because of...
Spoiler: 6-5
...the death of Dhurke since I already knew he was going to die (had no idea about the channeling though, just that he died). But I didn't even think about what Apollo's reaction would be like, and man. That was bloody heartbreaking. Poor darling.

...and then I come to think of a dream Going for Miles wrote in the dream thread many moons ago, where Klavier was sad because Apollo was sad, which has been a standing joke between us, and then I got amused because now I was the one being sad because Apollo was sad.

If not crying but feeling strong emotions counts, I was listening to different AA6-songs for a while but eventually had to stop because I could feel myself becoming sentimental. This damn game just won't leave me.

Ultimate Godot Fan

Spoiler: T&T
When Godot revealed his backstory in 3-5

"The only time a lawyer can cry is when it's all over." -Godot, 2019.

I'm currently playing 2-2, and was really touched reading Mia's profile description. "A top-notch lawyer, and my mentor and friend forever." Aah, I love Mia and I love Phoenix.

Also 6-5... Two words: Cave scene.
Spoiler:
Dhurke apollogizing for not contacting Apollo, Dhurke smiling widely and saying he couldn't be more proud of Apollo,
"Nahyuta is suffering in silence", one reason for the revolution being to save Nahyuta's soul, Apollo's thoughts when he thinks he's drowning and seems to admit to himself he's hurt over being left behind instead of trying to forget his childhood in Khura'in, the flashback, Dhurke saving him and saying that's what any father would do... etc. And right afterwards when Apollo, Dhurke, Trucy and Datz are eating sushi and Apollo wishes Nahyuta was there as well. Etc. Stupid case.

The Enigma

Spoiler: PL vs PW
Might as well tag this just to be safe. The first time I played through the Golden Court case. First Luke thinking Layton was killed by being turned into a statue and then testifying against Maya, then Jean Greyerl thinking the one person she could trust was going to out her as a witch so she admitted to strangling him, when it turned out that he had already committed suicide and wasn't going to reveal her at all, so she had actually strangled his corpse. But it was finally Maya getting thrown into the fire and seeing Phoenix's reaction afterwards that did it for me. I mean, I knew that the devs wouldn't actually kill her off because of the backlash they would receive, but just seeing him looking so devastated was so painful. And the Turnabout Sisters music box theme ;_;

I've heard rumors… Bramimond, one of the eight legends, devoted himself entirely to the dark. All emotion, all memory… dissolved in a river of dark. That is how he received the power to best dragons

Racing through the sky like a Missile

Going through Turnabout Reclaimed again has revived some emotions. For a while I had forgotten how much I felt as I played through it the first time, so I'm glad I was reminded in another playthrough. It's definitely my favorite case from DD.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com

Happy Maria

Definitely agree. It starts off slow, but the last trial is the best thing on the planet.

I get emotional during the ending of every game, but 6-5 to me had me in tears.
”My bars passed the bar exam, no law school”
Lil Wayne 2013

Ah, man, I cry at pretty much every game in this franchise because I'm terrible. What I remember most specifically, since I've been kind of replaying/finally playing SOJ because I didn't realise it existed...

Taking Godot down, after he'd just revealed his entire backstory? Talk about kicking a dead horse. I honestly felt like the worst person in the world and I'd played through that case several times in the past.

Dhurke.

That one line from Aura, "Today is all there is when there's no tomorrow!". Something about that line hits me, and still does.

And I guess pretty much anything involving GK2-3/Ray in general, I was an absolute state while playing that case.
I'm confident in my hairstyle today.

Spoiler: DGS2
Asougi's return. The thing is, I already had growing suspicions and I'm not there yet but I had to confirm. So I already knew what was coming. And I don't know a lick of Japanese. But to be honest I already knew I'd probably cry seeing it anyway. I think most of all, besides him being alive and all, was Ryuu's reaction, they really nailed it with his facial expression.

On that note, I briefly looked at his wikia page and seeing this in black and white made me feel things too. Image

Happy Maria

Going for Miles wrote:
Asougi's return. The thing is, I already had growing suspicions and I'm not there yet but I had to confirm. So I already knew what was coming. And I don't know a lick of Japanese. But to be honest I already knew I'd probably cry seeing it anyway. I think most of all, besides him being alive and all, was Ryuu's reaction, they really nailed it with his facial expression.

On that note, I briefly looked at his wikia page and seeing this in black and white made me feel things too. Image

Spoiler:
Imagine how I felt seeing that for real and actually understanding everything XD Wish I didn't spoil myself on that moment, it was soooo great.

Southern Corn wrote:
Going for Miles wrote:

Spoiler:
Imagine how I felt seeing that for real and actually understanding everything XD Wish I didn't spoil myself on that moment, it was soooo great.

Spoiler:
Jealous... xD Oh well, my time will come too. And honestly I'll probably cry again when it does xD

Spoiler: PLvsPW
I had forgotten quite a bit of the details of this game, I remembered Espella leaping from the belltower and Luke catching her with the machine, but I had completely forgotten the thing with Eve inbetween and with all the sad stuff going on already and me being really tired, when that hand appeared from the invisibility robe and caught Espella mid-air I was like "ooh fuck it" *tears up*

The Bulbasaur Attorney

Well, I can't say I've ever really cried while playing Ace Attorney, but a couple moments did make me somewhat emotional such as 3-4 (for obvious reasons) and 4-4.

Spoiler: 4-4
The entire moment leading up to Phoenix's disbarment and the aftermath. I actually remember playing through the part where you're supposed to present the forged diary page and presenting everything else instead.

<insert witty signature here>

Back in it, hopefully for the better

Let me think...I remember playing the first game way back in 2011 when the iOS port of the first game was newish and getting a but misty eyed when we got a look at DL6 and how that impacted Edgeworth. I remember feeling bad for Adrian Andrews in 2-4 which was the closest to crying in that game. 3-4 I must have cried at after seeing Godot's backstory, like so many other people on here have said. I don't remember being misty eyed for any of Apollo Justice. Dual Destinies got me in the feels with the last case when we discover stuff about Athena's past; I think it was Reminiscence-Tragic Memories that really sold it to me. And of course, with Spirit of Justice, ya get one word: Dhurke. I think that in many cases the music really helps me to feel sad.

What's a Court Records?

I got a bit emotional during the last case of Spirit of Justice, however the game that made me cry before I even realized I was crying was Dai Gyakuten Saiban 2. Technically, I was watching a playthrough and not actually playing, but still.

Spoiler: DGS2-3
After Asougi threw his mask off, revealing who he was. I started crying uncontrollably as soon as he said Naruhodo's name.

Why am I even here?

YouTube Twitter Tumblr Steam Discord

bOIng!

The classroom trial theme gets me everytime.

Take that!

I think it was Mimi and Athena/Simon that did it for me.

Click the photos to be taken to my AU Stories!
Page 6 of 6 [ 240 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby