Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby

Page 4 of 6[ 240 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Re: Ever a time when you cried when playing PW:AA?Topic%20Title

見たのか・・・!

Almost constantly at the end of cases, I admit.
...And the credits are the worst part...T.T

What is the Secret Of Monkey Island?

No.But i've gotten very sad/emotional before when

Spoiler: 3-4
Terry Fawles committed suicide and Diego's "Lawyers never cry till it's all over"

And
Spoiler: 3-5
Godot Crying.

efficient use of mistletoe

It's hard to make me cry at fiction anymore (Final Fantasy X broke me; nothing is sad enough to cry over after that). I get very emotional, I'll make pathetic whimpering noises at the DS, but PW never made me cry until
Spoiler: Case 3-5
Godot was bleeding and said that the color red didn't exist in his world, and "these must be... my tears."

I bawled.

Looking very forward to GS 5.

I won't lie I cried a few times over the course of all 3 games (not counting game 4 because its not in English yet).

WARNING!!!!!! SPOILERS AHEAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Spoiler:
From what I can remember, I teared up at the begining of 1-2 when Mia was killed. And Maya had been framed.
I cried at the end of 2-4 because Maya was safely in the arms of Phoenix again.
I cried during all 3 games ending credits.

I cried at the end of 3-5 (almost entirely because we won't see any of these characters again until maybe game 5 or 6 at the very least. And I'm very upset with how lacking the ending of 3-5 was, and the huge hole it left that game 4 doesn't even seem to bother explaining. Specifically what bothered me the most about that is we still don't know what happens after game 3 between Phoenix and Iris {I sure hope they got back together and they show this in game 5. They seemed like the perfect pairing, and honestly cared for each other, even after Phoenix suffered because of the real Dahlia's evils.} The other thing that made me cry was that Godot obviously died, but I'm at the same time glad he's dead because now he can be with Mia forever.)

True love is forever.

I don't think I've ever been emotionally invested enough in any game to actually cry over it, although I came somewhat close in Trauma Center: Under the Knife. I have had smaller emotional reactions in PW games, but never came close to crying.
Proud Supporter of Phoenix/Iris, Ron/Dessie, Klavier/Ema, and Apollo/Vera
Fanfics Updated-12/25

DON'T INTERRUPT ME, JUSTICE!!!

I dont think I've cried since I was like five...but I did have an emotional reaction to 1-2 where Phoenix is talking about how Mia's body was still warm when he touched her shoulder, but she slowly turned cold. It was so damn sad.
Image (thanks to Vickinator for the awesome sig and avatar.)

Spoiler: All games
I teared up a lot during the games. I think only my strong willpower kept me from really crying though :/ How manly is that? Oh Miles, you and your emotion overload 1-4..

The games brought me to the verge many, many times ... one of the worst moments must've been learning about Edgeworth's suicide note in JFA. Godot's tears. Godot's whole confession. Diego crushing his cup. Buying time in 2-4 (total WOW moment). Mia touching hands with Phoenix and Maya, 1-2. 2-4 bad ending. Maya trying to be happy for Pearl, 3-5. Acro's confession. Terry. Any Edgeworth/Phoenix talk. Mia's death. Ema being the main suspect in 1-5.

But yeah, I laughed at the end of Titanic as well. I was like 11 though, now it makes me sad, too.

What if i don't want a custom title?

When Godot cries, i cry :acro:
xxAll credit for my sig goes to Elriel.xx

The girl who's kicking the coke machine

Never actually cried, but I've gotten pretty emotional at all the obvious places. I have cried at PW fanfic, though.

I hate to say it, but I did almost cry in T&T case 4, like everyone else...
Don't mind me, just passing through.

When i saw the portrait of Mia, Godot and Misty after the credits of PW3 :sob:

見たのか・・・!

Me too.
...I knew I shouldn't have read about GS4 before I finished T&T and its credits :yuusaku:

Faith is for the transient people.

Yes. Not too many times, mostly in T&T when

Spoiler: Case 3-3
Viola cried and that music played... I nearly cried myself, I felt sorry for her.

Spoiler: Case 3-5
When Iris confessed to Phoenix, and after he told her he believed in her, she cried and said "T-Thank you..." and I nearly cried right then and there.

Proud supporter of Phoenix/Iris, past, present and future
Thank you Elriel! :D

見たのか・・・!

^ to the 3-5 one.

Same :sob:

Wibbly wobbly timey-wimey stuff

^Totally agreed with all 3 above^

Though at most parts I just felt real emotional, like Mia dying, learning the truth about DL-6 AND SL-9, JFA bad ending AND good endings, MOST of T&T got me worked up (seeing Mia in her younger days... Mia doth pwn.) Case 3 when Viola cried, Case 4 ALL OF IT (It was so damn emotional, you have a heart of ice if you don't at least feel pity for what Terry had to go through), and 3-5, pretty much all of it. It was a real test of my emotions. My joy, sadness, anger, excitement, etc. All of them came out at least once throughout that case... and Iris... Poor Iris... She did NOT get enough exposure in T&T. I mean come on! SHE was the one dating Phoenix for those six months!... but I'm going off-track here. That's pretty much all the times my emotions changed noticeably while playing the games in the Ace Attorney series.
Thank you for reading. I hope you have a wonderful day.
100% pure Joy.
Excellent source of puns.
Refrigerate after opening.

Rookie

I almost lost it during 3-4

Spoiler: Case End
Holy f... I was not expecting Terry to poison himself. I suspected that he'd been poisoned when he started gasping for water, but it didn't occur to me until he said it himself that he'd ended his own life. And all in the name of Dahlia... I wanted to cry tears of rage, but I was just too numb.

I DID lose it during 3-5, though. Several times.

Spoiler: Last Day of Trial and Beyond
1) When Nick thought Maya might really be dead (I'd actually guessed she was alive... and in court, but Nick didn't know that and I hate seeing him devastated like that)... and then later when Dahlia left her body and the first thing she saw was Nick and Mia before she collapsed
2) When Godot started bleeding/crying beneath his mask and he told Maya that lawyers don't cry until the very end
3) The picture of baby!Maya and a younger!Mia putting together Ami's urn; not only the fact that Misty had that on her person the entire time, but just seeing the two sisters together like that was very bittersweet, everything considered.
4) When the credits started rolling, because it hit me that this is Nick's last official "game" in more than one sense, and it marks the end of an era in the Ace Attorney universe....

And I didn't turn into a sobbing wreck here, but I honestly found this to be the most emotionally impacting part of the whole case:

Spoiler: 3-5 Beginning
Nick running across that god-forsaken burning bridge, despite everything he knew about it, despite his fear of the ruddy thing, despite the nonexistant chance that he'd actually make it across the thing while it was that state, because he was so desperate to make sure that Maya was all right, left me stunned, impressed, and rather pensive hours after it happened.

Avvie image by Sklarvv.

*jazz hands*

The emotion at the end of 3-5 with Iris and Godot made me cry. I also think I shed a tear when I saw Fawles kill himself.

Ace Sidekick!

Yes of course, I cried for Phoenix, Edgeworth, and Maya in case 1-4 and of course I cried happy tears at the end of case 1-5.

GETCH'ER SCIENTIFIC STUFF READY

Emiko Nabile Gale wrote:
Yes of course, I cried for Phoenix, Edgeworth, and Maya in case 1-4 and of course I cried happy tears at the end of case 1-5.

I cried at the end of case 1-5 because it was finally over.
"Oh holy father, holy Brother, holy master... My sacred mission is at last complete. With these two hands, mankind is saved. I am your will made flesh. In your name, I give thanks."

Ace Sidekick!

BonnyMono wrote:
Emiko Nabile Gale wrote:

I cried at the end of case 1-5 because it was finally over.

I liked the lengthiness of case 1-5. After finishing the first four cases I wanted more gameplay.

Emiko Nabile Gale wrote:
I liked the lengthiness of case 1-5. After finishing the first four cases I wanted more gameplay.

Mh, I always felt like 1-5 could've been finished at an earlier point, but then they didn't...

I can't really think of any moment in GS that made me cry, weep or really invest in any of the characters. Except, maybe, for the emotional aspect for Edgeworth in terms of DL-6... or maybe the Classroom Trial Phoenix was put through, mostly because I remember having everyone in the classroom against me. Although the idea that the teacher was against him, too, was a bit much to believe

C-A

Tenderlender

Idk about crying but I definitely felt extremely sad during these moments:
- 1-5. All those scenes where Lana is really cold to Ema.
- 2-1. Idr if it was enough to make me cry but Maggie's
Spoiler:
speech at the end of the case is such a sad ending and you feel so bad for her.

- 2-2. idk the whole car crash thing is just so sad. It helps that the music is super amazing. You feel really bad for
Spoiler:
Mimi Miney because she lost so much more than most of the other villains. Like she lost her, like, reputation and, like all those patients, and I'm assuming her chance of ever working as a nurse again. And also her sister. The whole motive for murder was super sketchy though because I don't think Mimi would have killed Grey *just* because he wanted Maya to channel her. I feel horrible for saying this but that son a bitch deserved to die anyway. LOL anyway Ini Miney, Pearls' and her mother, and Maya being betrayed by her aunt is just too much to bear.

- End of 2-4, for obvious reasons
- 3-4, Terry Fawles.
- 3-5, more obvious reasons. Mainly Iris.
- 4-3, when Lamiroir is
Spoiler:
assaulted

Also most cases where you knew the victim before they died unless they were a jerkface like
Spoiler:
Grey

Also I feel bad for people who were given capital punishment even though the ones that we know for sure did deserved it. They seriously should release a definitive list of people who died for their crimes.

Call me Kass.

So I used to play really late at night, which meant that I was nearly always in a fragile emotional state, haha. So these moments all made me tear up:

1-4 during the classroom trial flashback
1-5 at the end, when you see a picture of Maya (after having not seen her for that whole long, hellish case)
2-4 when you see Franziska break down.
3-5 at the end when Godot breaks down, especially after Larry's drawings
4-4, having to present the page. It was just like "nooo, Phoenix!" and ugh tears.

nwghibli wrote:
1-5 at the end, when you see a picture of Maya (after having not seen her for that whole long, hellish case)

You see a picture of Maya?
When?

C-A

I've felt worse.

CatMuto wrote:
nwghibli wrote:

You see a picture of Maya?
When?

C-A

Most likely this.
Quote:
Maya: Aaaaah! Nothing soothes the soul like fresh, country air!
Still, sometimes I do miss hearing Nick and his "objections"...
Still, I can't go back until I'm a full-fledged spirit medium!
???: Maya! Afternoon training's about to begin!
Maya: Coming!!!
Well, see you around Nick!

Don't ask me how she's somehow talking to Nick.
"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls

Quite the Jake

Something about the ending of every case makes me wanna tear up, sort of a "its over, it was a beautiful ride" kinda thing. :phoenix: :zenitora:

I got a little teary eyed during the sequence right after the verdict in T&T. Maya is acting strangely normal after witnessing the murder of her mother who she hadn't seen since she was a toddler and it turns it it's because she's being strong for Pearls, who was unwittingly used by her own mother in a sick murder plot. And then when you go find Pearls and Maya tells her it's not her fault, it's very sweet. Such a great ending to a great game.

The video game boy; the one who wins

2-4
Spoiler:
Edgeworths return almost brought a tear to my eye, however:
Image This. When he did that, I had tears in my eyes.

GK2-3
Spoiler:
I haven't played the game, but when I read a summary of the case and Gregory said he worried about whether or not Miles would find friends that shared his interests and Shigaraki answered that he could be his friend, I got really teary-eyed. xD

1-4
Spoiler:
I didn't cry when I played it, but now, thinking back at the case, it can make me cry. I don't know, it was just so muc trauma and emotion connected to it, Edgeworth felt so vulnerable in the situation and yet it was probably god for him, finally getting an answer to what happened 15 years earlier and knowing for sure he wasn't responsible for his father's death.
It was also kind of a victory for Phoenix, as one of the reasons he became a lawyer was to getting to meet Edgeworth in court, and, in his own words, "save him". And finally he did. Bwah. And then there's that final photo where Edgeworth is finally showing a genuine smile, rather than his usual evil smirk. The fact that this was originally the final case o the first game also makes it that more effectful, in my opinion. Oh, I have to replay this soon.

...And I usually cry very, very seldom. xD
(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)

Ultimate Survivor

Spoiler: 3-5
Right after "unmasking" Godot, as it were, when you see that flash of Mia standing next to Phoenix.

Godot: Just now...I saw her spirit in you.

Spoiler: 4-1
For some reason, it get me when Phoenix says, "Thanks for today, Apollo. I had a good time." It being so long since he last defended someone and all...

Now, even if you apologize...I will not forgive you.

[Whip the cream!]

I got a little teary-eyed when I saw Mia's ghost in Turnabout Sisters, tired and sentimental as I was.

(My computer froze, and while clicking randomly I accidentally posted the Victor Kudo-smiley and nothing more. I'm chuckling. It's late.)
Gimme a "P"! Gimme an "I"! Give me a "P" and an "E"! What's that spell?! Pipe!

Last edited by WaitingforGodot on Thu Oct 10, 2013 1:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

the saddest moment for me was EASILY when Terry Fawles killed himself in 3-4

Let it go and move it move it

I don't think I've ever cried playing the games. As cold hearted as I am...no, actually, I cry at most things. Just not GS for some reason.
Within Temptation

earthlings on fire

When we saw Mia's ghost in 1-2, ahh, that was bad.

But I'd have to say the worst was when the end credits music started playing in 3-5 and the characters were saying pretty heavy/deep stuff. It was such an ending.
ImageImageImage
...and there's fifteen feet of pure white snow

I will say, for the record, that 1-2 destroyed me.

:acro:

I didn't cry at any moment in T&T.
I cried a bit in 1-4 with Edgeworth's story... I'm a bit of a traumatized person myself and I could relate to his phobias. And I cried A LOT with Franziska's breakdown in the JFA ending... For some reason, that music "Prosecutor's Path" really touched me. Like, I even felt something in my chest, I can't listen to this music without crying, so I avoid listening to it. The title of the song reminds me about how some people choose to live a life without that "believing in others" and that happy-go-lucky, carefree crap. Instead, they only trust in logic, reasoning and follow a lonely path. It's cold, but somebody got to do this.

"I'm so sick of Khura'in!"

There is indeed something that strikes a chord inside you with that JFA ending track. Somehow it just felt perfect.

But sadly, I did not cry once while playing Ace Attorney, but I did have those "aww!" moments aplenty, especially in 1-4 ;)
This is the Dark Age of the Ace Attorney

I haven't really cried, but there was one part during Ace Attorney Investigations that really made me feel shaken up inside.

Spoiler: AAI Case 4 Turnabout Reminiscence Spoiler
When Kay reveals that she knew about her father's death. It's so heartbreaking to see her cry. :sadshoe:

The ending for T&T was pretty emotional too.

Really though, the only video game that I've ever played where I felt ANY amount of true sadness was the ending to MGS4. And I haven't even played it myself (I watched a longplay a few years back).

My sister cried when she first met Jean Armstrong. And then I laughed.

InfamousStepladder wrote:
My sister cried when she first met Jean Armstrong. And then I laughed.

Well that's a perfectly natural reaction.
Page 4 of 6 [ 240 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby