Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby

Page 1 of 1[ 30 posts ]

Hardest non-final AA case? *spoilers possible*Topic%20Title

100% whole grain, now with added fiber!

I was thinking about this today, and I wanted to see what everyone else's opinions are. Excluding 1-4, 1-5, 2-4, 3-5, 4-4, AAI-5 and GK2-5, which cases gave you the most trouble gameplay-wise?

For me it would be either 2-3 (Turnabout Big Top), which was filled with tricky testimony all around or 3-2 (The Stolen Turnabout). I felt kinda bad for getting stuck on the second case, but that final cross-examination really tripped me up.
ImageImage
Re: Hardest non-final AA case? *spoilers possible*Topic%20Title

Doesn't scream into DS microphones.

3-4, without a doubt in my opinion. There were just so many iffy points that you had to present evidence on without any hints from the outside, such as putting together the letter, the scarf to the picture of V. Hawthorne in the trunk on the very first testimony, or the one with the overhead map where you had to somehow realize that there was a cliff wall where the game never really said there was.

I've played T&T several times over and I still have trouble getting through this case without having to save/restart.
"I can't go to hell, little weirdo. I'm all out of vacation days."

TheBlarghMan wrote:
3-4, without a doubt in my opinion. There were just so many iffy points that you had to present evidence on without any hints from the outside, such as putting together the letter, the scarf to the picture of V. Hawthorne in the trunk on the very first testimony, or the one with the overhead map where you had to somehow realize that there was a cliff wall where the game never really said there was.

Okay, some of that stuff I got pretty fast.
Mostly because I notice details really fast.
Especially that whole note thing and the scarf she wasn't wearing and all that.
But I agree, 3-4 was a tough one for me.

I forget exactly what point it was, but I'm sure it had something to do with the Photo during Melissa's testimony. I think. Not so sure anymore. I think I still stumble on that part whenever I replay the case, but I've replayed it so often I don't want to replay it again any time soon.

C-A

Stepladders. Nuff' said.

For me it might have been 1-3 Turnabout Samurai... at the time I was rather a greenhorn to Ace Attorney, and I remember spending days trying to get through Hackin's testimony (a little bit each day, mostly I did the ole' save, quit, try again method.) *Grumble* Stupid camera... :cody-flash:

I'd agree that 3-4 is a bit of a tough case.

I'd also say that AAI-3, gets pretty hardest near the end. I was stumped on a testimony from Lang for the longest time, and I was so happy to figure out the contradiction! :godot:

1000% Knight

I think 3-4 is a pretty good candidate. The reason it was so hard was because there were so few pieces of evidence. In most cases, there was a fair amount of evidence that was just used once, and it was obvious where you had to use it. But in 3-4, you had to use the same evidence over and over and over again... You couldn't use a "process of elimination" like in other cases.

And, like Marc mentioned, honorable mention for that one testimony in I-3.
Credit to Evolina for the sig+avatar!

Fate Testarossa

Bad Player wrote:
I think 3-4 is a pretty good candidate. The reason it was so hard was because there were so few pieces of evidence. In most cases, there was a fair amount of evidence that was just used once, and it was obvious where you had to use it. But in 3-4, you had to use the same evidence over and over and over again... You couldn't use a "process of elimination" like in other cases.

This. ALL MY THIS.

Fate is made by クロス

Bad Player wrote:

Spoiler: I-3 Spoiler
The testimony where you prove that there were three kidnappers instead of two? Yeah I got stumped on that one, too, mostly because the wording of that testimony part was so weird and the correct evidence - the storage room picture - was no proper connection.

C-A

I-3 was a pain as well.
Spoiler:
I remember there being one testimony towards the end where there were a few contradictions worth pointing out (and I believe the only one the game let you point out involved which hand was Oliver Deacon's dominant one), and then the part at the end where you had to point out the difference in which way the belt went over the Blue Badger's shoulder. I could have been stuck on that one for a long time if it wasn't for a lucky guess.

TheBlarghMan wrote:
I-3 was a pain as well.
Spoiler:
I remember there being one testimony towards the end where there were a few contradictions worth pointing out (and I believe the only one the game let you point out involved which hand was Oliver Deacon's dominant one), and then the part at the end where you had to point out the difference in which way the belt went over the Blue Badger's shoulder. I could have been stuck on that one for a long time if it wasn't for a lucky guess.

Oh my god, that case and testimony was a total pain. Not hard, but just a pain.
Especially since it gave me the same terrible excuse that other cases tried to pull...

Spoiler: I-3/1-4 Spoilers?
It doesn't matter which your dominant hand is. All you need to fire a gun is a finger to pull the trigger, you can do that with either hand, even if your non-dominant one doesn't have that much muscle strength in it because you don't use it so much.
Only time I would buy that excuse, is if somebody who only recently re-obtained usage of their non-dominant hand and the muscles in that arm are pretty much gone. Then it would make sense that the gun has to be fired with the dominant hand.

C-A

Spoiler: I-3
I actually thought the point where Edgeworth decides that he couldn't have been hit by the sword by the person (I forget who) because of dominant hand issues. To me, that wasn't really a contradiction, as you don't know how he was holding the sword.

1000% Knight

CatMuto wrote:
It doesn't matter which your dominant hand is. All you need to fire a gun is a finger to pull the trigger, you can do that with either hand, even if your non-dominant one doesn't have that much muscle strength in it because you don't use it so much.
Only time I would buy that excuse, is if somebody who only recently re-obtained usage of their non-dominant hand and the muscles in that arm are pretty much gone. Then it would make sense that the gun has to be fired with the dominant hand.

C-A

Spoiler: 1-4
The problem in 1-4 wasn't which hand was Edgey's dominant, but the fact that they had photographic evidence the killer shot with the other hand than of Edgey's fingerprints which were on the gun.

Bad Player wrote:
CatMuto wrote:

C-A

The problem in 1-4 wasn't which hand was Edgey's dominant, but the fact that they had photographic evidence the killer shot with the other hand than of Edgey's fingerprints which were on the gun.

I think Cat meant I-4 instead of 1-4 (as essentially the exact same issue comes up in a Deduce segment 2 minutes in).

TheBlarghMan wrote:
Bad Player wrote:
CatMuto wrote:

C-A

I think Cat meant I-4 instead of 1-4 (as essentially the exact same issue comes up in a Deduce segment 2 minutes in).

Actually, I was referring to 1-4 although it didn't use the word 'used dominant hand' but more the fact that they tried to explain it, so it would fit with the photographic evidence.... in a way that gives me a DS shaped dent on my head, but whatever.

I-4 had that issue? I must've repressed it. But I-3 and 1-4 are the two cases where I definitely remember that issue being brought up in some way.

C-A

As I recall, the explanation in 1-4 was that Edgeworth wiped his prints after he used his left hand to shoot it, and then accidentally touched it later with his right hand. Which is unlikely, but made more sense than what seemed like an impossibility at the time. I don't think any issue of which hand was the one he used the most often came up...

And as for I-4, my memory's a bit foggy on that one, but I'm pretty sure the issue at hand was...

Spoiler:
The gun was placed in Byrne Faraday's non dominant hand (I forget which it was), and the "contradiction" that you're supposed to point out is that if Faraday had shot the gun, it would be in his dominant hand.

TheBlarghMan wrote:
As I recall, the explanation in 1-4 was that Edgeworth wiped his prints after he used his left hand to shoot it, and then accidentally touched it later with his right hand.

That isn't only an unlikely thing, but it would require Edgeworth to become as dumb as the police does. What idiot would shoot a gun, wipe the prints and the pick it up with his other hand to confuse the fingerprints on the gun? That was just really, really dumb. Especially coming from Karma's mouth.

C-A

Surf's Up!

It used to be 3-4, but nowadays I have no problems with it.

machinimator

From what I understand, while right/left-handedness doesn't matter much for something like carrying a briefcase, it's MUCH harder for firing a gun. At long range (as in, from a stage down to the ground), I would consider it highly suspect for the courtroom. At point blank, it would still be very difficult. Plus, many guns are not designed to be held left-handed, as brass would eject into your side, and I think the slide-release/mag-release would not be in a useful place.
Plus, I once held an M9 at an open-naval-carrier event. It wasn't even loaded (15 9mm rounds can be kind of heavy), and it was still much heavier than I thought. Trying to accurately aim that with your off-hand indeed sounds very difficult.
I'm gone for so long, and the colors got all psychedelic! Woohoo!

CatMuto wrote:
TheBlarghMan wrote:
As I recall, the explanation in 1-4 was that Edgeworth wiped his prints after he used his left hand to shoot it, and then accidentally touched it later with his right hand.

That isn't only an unlikely thing, but it would require Edgeworth to become as dumb as the police does. What idiot would shoot a gun, wipe the prints and the pick it up with his other hand to confuse the fingerprints on the gun? That was just really, really dumb. Especially coming from Karma's mouth.

C-A

It would certainly be an incredibly stupid thing for him to do, but at the time, it looked like the only possibility. No one had been made aware of the third gun shot, or the possibility of the murder taking place beforehand, so as far as everyone knew, the murder had to have taken place on that boat. Since suicide was out of the option due to the lack of gunpowder burns on the victim, Edgeworth seemed like the only possible suspect. As stupid as it would be for Edgeworth, it seemed like the only way the scenario could have unfolded.

As Apollo Justice once said:

"I'll take silly over impossible!"

Quote:

Cases are usually a lot easier when you know most of the answers/places to object. :p

TheBlarghMan wrote:
Quote:

Cases are usually a lot easier when you know most of the answers/places to object. :p

I wouldn't count on that. I replayed 3-4 and 3-5 several times and I still get stuck sometimes during 3-4 and always get stuck during that part with the damn snowmobile track picture in 3-5, always at the same part.

C-A

CatMuto wrote:
TheBlarghMan wrote:
Quote:

I wouldn't count on that. I replayed 3-4 and 3-5 several times and I still get stuck sometimes during 3-4 and always get stuck during that part with the damn snowmobile track picture in 3-5, always at the same part.

C-A

Oh, certainly. But I don't think that replaying AA cases is a good way to judge their difficulty; there are plenty of other factors involved, such as how memorable the contradictions are. I've rarely screwed up on subsequent playthroughs on any of the testimonies that I found to be hardest, just because I remember the answer to the question that got me stuck for a long time.

You know, a Mario game!

Turnabout Trump, despite being the first case, was the case I had the most trouble with in Apollo Justice. It was the only case in that game I got a game over on; I didn't even get a game over on Turnabout Succession, the final case! I'm not exactly sure why I had so much trouble on it, I just did. I don't really remember the details of my first time playing that case; all I remember is that I had trouble on it.
My let's Play channel! Shameless plug!
Current Project: Sly Cooper & The Thievius Racoonus
My Twitter Account

I can't be the only one with this ship?

Replayed Apollo Justice

4-3 Got me again, I've done this case like 10 times already, but I kept getting screwed over because of how many times you were forced to listen to the song

I'd still say 3-4, How do you expect you to know elevation on a flat map? I'd still having trouble even re playing through it, I have no idea how you could have beaten that case without a walk trough

Last edited by EdgeworthxOldbag on Sun Jul 21, 2013 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

1000% Knight

EdgeworthxOldbag wrote:
I'd still say 3-4, How do you expect you to know elevation on a flat map? I'd still having trouble even re playing through it, I have no idea how you could have beaten that case without a walk trough

If you look at one of the photographs, on the left side you can see that the outcropping is really high.

But yeah, 3-4 is tricky.

Also, I didn't mention this in my earlier post in this thread, but second honorable mention to Angel's testimony in 1-5.

Bad Player wrote:
Also, I didn't mention this in my earlier post in this thread, but second honorable mention to Angel's testimony in 1-5.

...Oh yeah, that thing.
Eh only good part was the lunches she presented. I liked the Fingerprint or the Crime Scene menu.

C-A

You know, a Mario game!

EdgeworthxOldbag wrote:
Replayed Apollo Justice

3-3 Got me again, I've done this case like 10 times already, but I kept getting screwed over because of how many times you were forced to listen to the song

You mean 4-3 and 4-4, right? 3 is Trials and Tribulations.
My Twitter Account

I can't be the only one with this ship?

dimentiorules wrote:
EdgeworthxOldbag wrote:
Replayed Apollo Justice

3-3 Got me again, I've done this case like 10 times already, but I kept getting screwed over because of how many times you were forced to listen to the song

Yeah my mistake :bellboy:

EdgeworthxOldbag wrote:
dimentiorules wrote:
EdgeworthxOldbag wrote:
Replayed Apollo Justice

Yeah my mistake :bellboy:

I think he was actually referring to 3-4...there isn't anything to do with elevation on flat maps in 4-4.

You know, a Mario game!

TheBlarghMan wrote:
I think he was actually referring to 3-4...there isn't anything to do with elevation on flat maps in 4-4.

Sorry, 'bout that. I haven't played either 3-4 nor 4-4 in a long time.
My Twitter Account

Call me Kass.

1-3 and 2-3 for sheer stupidity of everyone involved. too much silly makes it hard to notice the actual stuff going on.

3-2 for how strange half of the contradictions were. like, no evidence was intuitive in that one.

idk 3-4 was easy for me but i had kind of assumed the cliff part and also i'm fairly detail-oriented so...
Page 1 of 1 [ 30 posts ] 

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby