Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby

Page 38 of 42[ 1657 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42  Next
 


Re: Miles Edgeworth: Gay or GAY?Topic%20Title
User avatar

My OTP of OTP's. <3

Gender: Female

Location: Charlotte, NC

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 12:26 am

Posts: 9207

Adrian in black wrote:
...Sorry, but I just don't see Edgeworth doing that. Not for that reason. I do see him as someone who would refrain from flaunting his relationships, but only for the benefit of the other person (for example, protecting them from tabloid drama). Trying to play like he's straight in public but gay in the bedroom doesn't fit Edgeworth's character at all. I mean, if this is the same guy who despises dishonesty, it doesn't make sense for him to turn around and pretend to be something he's not. If he has a certain preference, it isn't likely he would deliberately try to hide it.

And while public image is important, I don't see Edgeworth denying himself or sacrificing a relationship for the sake of his career. If it came down to one or the other, he's a smart, resourceful guy...he would find a way to accommodate both. Edgeworth only seems to care about image if people are spreading lies about him; why should it bother him if people discover the true nature of his relationship with another person? And if they are bothered by it...well, Edgeworth has come under fire for much, much worse. I think he'll survive.


I totally agree with everything here.

Since Edgeworth seems kind of socially... awkward at times, I don't see why he wouldn't have a relationship with Phoenix. He doesn't seem to be the type to want to go out and date people or anything like that, so he'd probably go for someone who he knows and cares for already.
Thanks to .•°٭blinq٭°•. for the lovely sig. ♥
Image
"Note to Self: Don't get in crouton's way when it comes to Edgeworth. She WILL bite." - PhoenixFire
Re: Miles Edgeworth: Gay or GAY?Topic%20Title

Waiting on Godot...

Gender: Female

Location: New Zealand

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:23 am

Posts: 2404

SD-Rim_6 wrote:
I think that if Edgeworth was gay he would not really be looking for a relationship with Phoenix. I think Edgeworth is very self conscious as to what would the general public, his superiors, co-workers, and friends would think about him not only being gay, but also being in a relationship with his so called enemy. Though Phoenix would not be phased by the criticism they would receive I think Edgeworth would. He just comes off as a man who wants his relationships private and if he were with Phoenix and the public knew, his relationship would not be private.


You should read some Phoenix x Miles doujin. This is EXACTLY the stuff these two get up to in their relationships in them. Trust me. Social stigma DOESN'T stop someone having a relationship. It stops them being PUBLIC. Alot of gay relationships work on this basis. Of corse Miles wouldn't take Phoenix out to a classy restaurant and have a candle lit dinner. He'd do that in the comfort of his home. He'd hang out as a 'friend'. Doesn't stop him from loving him at all


I approve of Miles being Bi, but sadly, I wouln't ship it cause well.... who WITH? Not Franziska- she's like a sister to him (Besides, I like Fran x Adrian ^^ I donno why). Maya is the least creepy one to me, but I still don't like it. *sigh* Maybe I'll one day see a match for Miles I like that will let me bi-ship him...
ImageImageImageImage
Re: Miles Edgeworth: Gay or GAY?Topic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Female

Location: Hazakurain

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon May 05, 2008 3:34 am

Posts: 1196

Arkillian wrote:
I approve of Miles being Bi, but sadly, I wouln't ship it cause well.... who WITH? Not Franziska- she's like a sister to him (Besides, I like Fran x Adrian ^^ I donno why). Maya is the least creepy one to me, but I still don't like it. *sigh* Maybe I'll one day see a match for Miles I like that will let me bi-ship him...

Lana, perhaps? Bratworth-->Lana has some potential for some good dark!fic. I also read some good Mia/Bratworth hatesex fics, and on the subject of bi!Edgeworth, a really cute Gumshoe/Maggey/Edgeworth fic.
Re: Miles Edgeworth: Gay or GAY?Topic%20Title
User avatar

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Gender: Female

Location: in ur pants LOLZ!!!11 nah, for serious, the UK.

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Mon Nov 02, 2009 6:08 pm

Posts: 165

I love how serious this whole conversation is. xD
Image Image
:radio: Avatar/Gumshoe banner by me; awesome Professor Layton banner by Nadindi. CLICK ON IT.
Visit my deviantART, you foolishly foolish fools!
Re: Miles Edgeworth: Gay or GAY?Topic%20Title
User avatar

Moving on up!

Gender: Female

Location: USA

Rank: Donor

Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2008 3:22 pm

Posts: 5333

Kartoon Kween wrote:
Arkillian wrote:
I approve of Miles being Bi, but sadly, I wouln't ship it cause well.... who WITH? Not Franziska- she's like a sister to him (Besides, I like Fran x Adrian ^^ I donno why). Maya is the least creepy one to me, but I still don't like it. *sigh* Maybe I'll one day see a match for Miles I like that will let me bi-ship him...

Lana, perhaps? Bratworth-->Lana has some potential for some good dark!fic. I also read some good Mia/Bratworth hatesex fics, and on the subject of bi!Edgeworth, a really cute Gumshoe/Maggey/Edgeworth fic.


Lana and Bratworth does have good potential in the bi category. And you know I love some good Mia/Bratworth hate sex. I need to write more of that, actually.
Image
Thanks to Blinq for the awesome sig. Click the sig, see my stuff.
Edgeworth/Maya Community. A friends, as lovers, as part of OT3s. All Welcome.
"Yeah, I wouldn't go asking random guys if you can lick their penor." crouton December 2009
Re: Miles Edgeworth: Gay or GAY?Topic%20Title
User avatar

The cape is self-fluttering

Gender: Female

Location: The Bostonius

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:00 pm

Posts: 2798

Lunaria42 wrote:
And you know I love some good Mia/Bratworth hate sex. I need to write more of that, actually.


.................

Yes.

....

Yes, you do.
"Descole? You don't mean Mr. I-Like-to-Wreck-Things-with-Mechanical-Monsters-and-Dress-Up-as-Posh-Ladies Descole?" -Emmy Altava

Image
...NAILED IT
Re: Miles Edgeworth: Gay or GAY?Topic%20Title

Waiting on Godot...

Gender: Female

Location: New Zealand

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:23 am

Posts: 2404

Mia / Bratworth... Actually... that's not bad. Except Diego is there watching wanting to play with his kitten too T.T I suppose then there's potential for OT3... Nope... can't deny that... Miles is hot, Diego is smoking hot, and Mia... Well XD

I'd tap Lana with Jake or Gant, but Miles? I donno... It doesn't feel right to me. They're both so dead serious.
ImageImageImageImage
Re: Miles Edgeworth: Gay or GAY?Topic%20Title
User avatar

Moving on up!

Gender: Female

Location: USA

Rank: Donor

Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2008 3:22 pm

Posts: 5333

Adrian in black wrote:
Lunaria42 wrote:
And you know I love some good Mia/Bratworth hate sex. I need to write more of that, actually.


.................

Yes.

....

Yes, you do.


Did you actually read my Bratworth/Mia fics? I'm just surprised if you did because I don't think they got much attention on the kink meme.

Arkillian wrote:
Mia / Bratworth... Actually... that's not bad. Except Diego is there watching wanting to play with his kitten too T.T I suppose then there's potential for OT3... Nope... can't deny that... Miles is hot, Diego is smoking hot, and Mia... Well XD


I do like them as an OT3, but I haven't written them as such. My two fics were set after Diego was out of the picture, but she still thought about him. Bad, Mia. Thinking about other men when you're having sex with Bratworth.
Image
Thanks to Blinq for the awesome sig. Click the sig, see my stuff.
Edgeworth/Maya Community. A friends, as lovers, as part of OT3s. All Welcome.
"Yeah, I wouldn't go asking random guys if you can lick their penor." crouton December 2009
Re: Miles Edgeworth: Gay or GAY?Topic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Female

Location: Hazakurain

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon May 05, 2008 3:34 am

Posts: 1196

Somehow I can only see Lana getting into a relationship with Bratworth if Gant made her...
Re: Miles Edgeworth: Gay or GAY?Topic%20Title
User avatar

The cape is self-fluttering

Gender: Female

Location: The Bostonius

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:00 pm

Posts: 2798

Lunaria42 wrote:
Adrian in black wrote:
Lunaria42 wrote:
And you know I love some good Mia/Bratworth hate sex. I need to write more of that, actually.


.................

Yes.

....

Yes, you do.


Did you actually read my Bratworth/Mia fics? I'm just surprised if you did because I don't think they got much attention on the kink meme.



Actually, I haven't. I don't check the kink meme often so I didn't realize you wrote Bratworth/Mia. I never considered the pairing before, and when you mentioned it, I was thinking, "Damn, that is kind of hot."
"Descole? You don't mean Mr. I-Like-to-Wreck-Things-with-Mechanical-Monsters-and-Dress-Up-as-Posh-Ladies Descole?" -Emmy Altava

Image
...NAILED IT
Re: Miles Edgeworth: Gay or GAY?Topic%20Title
User avatar

Ace Antagonist

Gender: Female

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:16 pm

Posts: 1

I thought My Dear Mr. Lostman 2 by BalgusREC never got translated, but I saw some a few pages back. Could there possibly be a full translation? I have the raws.
Re: Miles Edgeworth: Gay or GAY?Topic%20Title
User avatar

The Twisted Samurai

Gender: Male

Location: Wherever I may roam.

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 10:05 pm

Posts: 4848

OT:
In AAI case 2, when you check the room of the flight attendants, Edgy says that he smells perfume. Then he says that he is not interested in entering the room and finding out about what is inside: Your thaughts?
Image
"The hammer that strikes too fast has no time to aim."
Re: Miles Edgeworth: Gay or GAY?Topic%20Title
User avatar

The cape is self-fluttering

Gender: Female

Location: The Bostonius

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:00 pm

Posts: 2798

Coffee Prosecutor wrote:
OT:
In AAI case 2, when you check the room of the flight attendants, Edgy says that he smells perfume. Then he says that he is not interested in entering the room and finding out about what is inside: Your thaughts?


Well, the initial guess would be that he doesn't dig chicks.

However, after AAI-4, it probably just means that he doesn't dig Calisto Yew.
"Descole? You don't mean Mr. I-Like-to-Wreck-Things-with-Mechanical-Monsters-and-Dress-Up-as-Posh-Ladies Descole?" -Emmy Altava

Image
...NAILED IT
Re: Miles Edgeworth: Gay or GAY?Topic%20Title
User avatar

The Twisted Samurai

Gender: Male

Location: Wherever I may roam.

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 10:05 pm

Posts: 4848

Adrian in black wrote:
Coffee Prosecutor wrote:
OT:
In AAI case 2, when you check the room of the flight attendants, Edgy says that he smells perfume. Then he says that he is not interested in entering the room and finding out about what is inside: Your thaughts?


Well, the initial guess would be that he doesn't dig chicks.

However, after AAI-4, it probably just means that he doesn't dig Calisto Yew.

Good point
Image
"The hammer that strikes too fast has no time to aim."
Re: Miles Edgeworth: Gay or GAY?Topic%20Title
User avatar

I can see you, from here!

Gender: Male

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Tue Jul 07, 2009 12:45 am

Posts: 1021

Adrian in black wrote:
Coffee Prosecutor wrote:
OT:
In AAI case 2, when you check the room of the flight attendants, Edgy says that he smells perfume. Then he says that he is not interested in entering the room and finding out about what is inside: Your thaughts?


Well, the initial guess would be that he doesn't dig chicks.

However, after AAI-4, it probably just means that he doesn't dig Calisto Yew.


Seconded.
Re: Miles Edgeworth: Gay or GAY?Topic%20Title
User avatar

Gavin Bros. <3

Gender: Female

Location: California, USA

Rank: Desk Jockey

Joined: Wed Sep 08, 2010 6:53 am

Posts: 50

Phoenix and Miles are just so...in sync.
I loveth them together~ <3
Image
Nothing to see here...
Re: Miles Edgeworth: Gay or GAY?Topic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: None specified

Rank: Desk Jockey

Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 12:59 am

Posts: 120

Oh, goodness, why haven't I put my two cents here yet? 8| This must be amended.

Miles...is a complicated person to explain in terms of "is he gay" "is he bi" "is he not straight", etc. Because we never see him pursue any sort of relationship on a personal level with anyone. Anyone ever. Notice how it's always the others -- Phoenix, Ema, Larry, Gumshoe, all of the people who consider him a friend or an idol or some strange form of the two -- that tend to approach Miles, and never the other way around? Even in terms of friendship, Miles seems to do his fair share to hold up the relationship. In a casual sense, that is, because we see how he suddenly DROPS EVERYTHING AND FLIES HALFWAY ACROSS THE WORLD when Phoenix nearly gets his stupid ass killed. I think that Miles appreciates those he considers friends on a level that he feels it's his duty to do what he can to help them, but doesn't feel the need to take things to a more personal level. It's more likely that he doesn't know how to take things to a level beyond awkward, due to his...rather interesting upbringing post 2001.

I think Miles's apparent asexuality during the games is hardly basis for his sexual preferences (or lack thereof). After all, we see him during his work hours, and being the professional he is, I highly doubt he would let any kind of sexual urges override his duty to his profession, so until we see him outside of investigation/prosecution...

Now, if we choose to think he's homosexual, I think a relationship with Phoenix could be very likely. I could sit here ranting for hours about Phoenix's sexuality (he's a 1 on the Kinley scale, by the way) for hours, but since I don't want to waste your precious time, I'll NOT elaborate on that for now. :3 Taking all we see of Miles into account -- his awkwardness surrounding personal relationships, his mannerisms, his blatant distrust of almost everyone excluding Phoenix -- I can definitely see something forming between these two that's beyond platonic. (It'd take a LOT of urging on Phoenix's part, however.)

True, if he is homosexual, there's no ruling out the possibility that he's comfortable enough with it to feel like he could go to someone for gratification -- but in that case, I can't see it being anyone that he trusts; someone he knows, of course, since he most certainly has standards, but he would never jepardize his trust in someone for something as trivial as sex. I can't see any of these relationships Miles may have (or not have) evolving into anything because there's no trust, and trust is one of the building blocks of a successful relationship, especially when you're someone who's as anal about trust as Miles. So, personally, this scenario doesn't make a lot of sense to me, but since none of us are right and none of us are wrong, I thought I'd put the possibility out here anyway. Besides, questioning the degree of his sexual orientation is fun!

...all logical explanations aside, I really do ship him with Phoenix. If only because I like drawing blue and red in the same picture. Who I ship with Phoenix, though, is a whooole 'nother story.
Image
"C'mon, Edgeworth, aren't you grateful?"

C-R Art Thread | Livejournal | deviantART
Re: Miles Edgeworth: Gay or GAY?Topic%20Title
User avatar

BlackCoffee42

Gender: Female

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Sat Nov 13, 2010 3:38 am

Posts: 1

:yuusaku: Honestly, and not to anger anyone, but I think Edgeworth and Nick are as gay as it gets. Not saying because of the cravat and the tea (even though that does contribute some) it's because when it comes to each other the get so EMOTIONAL! If you just take the time and look at how Edgeworth refers to Phoenix as "him" or how Phoenix snapped at Maya for even speaking Edgeworth's name after he left, you will realize that they have feelings for each other that runs deeper than any labelled "friendship".
Re: Miles Edgeworth: Gay or GAY?Topic%20Title

Some just aren't destined to know peace.

Gender: None specified

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Thu Nov 11, 2010 5:44 pm

Posts: 8

My opinion on Miles is that he's not gay, but simply even more asexual than Sherlock Holmes. In my opinion, he doesn't bend "that way", but instead, "no way at all".
Re: Miles Edgeworth: Gay or GAY?Topic%20Title

Gender: None specified

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Wed Sep 01, 2010 2:34 am

Posts: 36

I'm still not sure which way he swings, but I'm beginning to get a stronger and stronger vibe from Edgeworth that he might have some level of Aspergers. The love of intangible ideals, the high intellect, the disregard for human sexuality and the implied fear of or lack oef underestandkng or caring about human emotion?

Quick list of fictional Aspies

Sherlock Holmes
Spock
Mark Zuckerberg- The Social Network
Greg House- implied repeatedly
Abed- Community
Edgeworth?
Re: Miles Edgeworth: Gay or GAY?Topic%20Title
User avatar

The Twisted Samurai

Gender: Male

Location: Wherever I may roam.

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 10:05 pm

Posts: 4848

There is a special thread where this it is discussed wether Edgey is an authist or not, though I don't have the link right now, still I keep thinking that Edgey is asexual
Image
"The hammer that strikes too fast has no time to aim."
Re: Miles Edgeworth: Gay or GAY?Topic%20Title
User avatar

Dine at DuBois'!

Gender: Male

Location: A land of ignorance and fear.

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:30 pm

Posts: 14159

Objection to the topic title.

It makes it seem like the general fan topic and a yaoi fan topic simultaneously.

I'd rather be a fan of Miles without having to believe he's gay.
Made by Chesu+Zombee
Image

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.
Re: Miles Edgeworth: Gay or GAY?Topic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Male

Rank: Desk Jockey

Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:53 pm

Posts: 64

When I started playing PW, my favorite character then was Miles Edgeworth. He faced an incident which changed his outlook on life drastically and he lost his father. He then became a demon prosecutor who followed his mentor's footsteps by forging evidence (screw 1-5). After gaining acquittal for the murder of Robert Hammond, he left the country and returned a year later a changed man, his new M.O. is finding the truth.

With that, I gained so much respect for him..then I stumbled onto this forum (lol). I saw all the shipping fanart and people's twisted 'logic' to why this character is gay and should be paired with xx. I lost all faith in humanity at that moment and put away AA for a year.

The AA series is never meant to be a romantic, wine sipping, pillow squeezing novel. It's all about PW and friends solving crimes and turning things around when all seems lost.
You don't need a reason to help people. -Zidane Tribal


Last edited by HumbleClutter on Sun Nov 14, 2010 3:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Re: Miles Edgeworth: Gay or GAY?Topic%20Title
User avatar

earthlings on fire

Gender: Female

Location: Hazakura Temple

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:57 am

Posts: 1013

But the fact that it has no romantic aspect means it's fun for many to create their own pairings and figure out characters' sexualities.
ImageImageImage
...and there's fifteen feet of pure white snow
Re: Miles Edgeworth: Gay or GAY?Topic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Male

Rank: Desk Jockey

Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:53 pm

Posts: 64

Cravat of Doom wrote:
But the fact that it has no romantic aspect means it's fun for many to create their own pairings and figure out characters' sexualities.


It doesn't bother me when people have fun and pretend. It's when people argue to support their subjective fantasies, that's what pisses me off. I find most of the threads here are just about "What do you think of this pairing?" I want to find actual discussion about the games themselves without necromancing threads 2-3 years old. I came to this topic to speak my peace on Edgeworth's character and rant a little. I just get mad when I see pairing/sexuality thread's top the list.
You don't need a reason to help people. -Zidane Tribal
Re: Miles Edgeworth: Gay or GAY?Topic%20Title
User avatar

Mrs. Jughead Jones ♥

Gender: Female

Location: Austria

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Sat Sep 18, 2010 6:38 pm

Posts: 1229

I ship PxE, but I don't think, he's gay..

.. Well.. I ship ExF too.

Actually... Hm...
My BF think, he's gay, because of his suit XD Haha. You must imagine so:

Me: Look at the hot dude in the purple-pinkish suit!
BF: ... I think..
Me: What do you think? Hmm?
BF: Oh nothing. Eheh. *scratches head*
Me: SAY IT, dammit! Or I'll throw you in the sea!
BF: URGH, NO! Ehm.. let me see it again! *look at Edgey in my pink NDS*
Me: And..?
BF: Ergo. He's gay.
Me: ... :beef:
BF: What? He looks like really gay! So what?
Me: ... :beef:
BF: Oh no.. You like him!
Me: .. Yay! :edgy:
BF: ... Okay. He's probably gay.
Me: ... :beef:
BF: Or... loves he woman?
Me: .. Probably, yeah.
BF: *see my cellphone wall from a request (Klavier)* Uhn..
Me: What? We're not talking about my nice cellphone wall!
BF: Noo.. I.. uhm..
Me: *click at my photoalbum and show her a pic from ExF*
BF: Ah well.. He's gay!
Me: ... -.-'

Hello? It was Fran and not a dude! >.>
What makes a place feel like home? Is it warmth and familiarity? Some idealized, make-believe TV version of the American Dream? Is it love and acceptance? Or is it simple safety?

Jughead Jones
Re: Miles Edgeworth: Gay or GAY?Topic%20Title
User avatar

Dine at DuBois'!

Gender: Male

Location: A land of ignorance and fear.

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:30 pm

Posts: 14159

HumbleClutter wrote:
Cravat of Doom wrote:
But the fact that it has no romantic aspect means it's fun for many to create their own pairings and figure out characters' sexualities.


It doesn't bother me when people have fun and pretend. It's when people argue to support their subjective fantasies, that's what pisses me off. I find most of the threads here are just about "What do you think of this pairing?" I want to find actual discussion about the games themselves without necromancing threads 2-3 years old. I came to this topic to speak my peace on Edgeworth's character and rant a little. I just get mad when I see pairing/sexuality thread's top the list.


I'm more bothered how it's more or less considered truth among places here when I don't see a need to pair them together.

Its the fact that the pairings defy truth, the 'twisted truths' people put forward to support it that aren't there at all. Yet to suggest otherwise is to instantly be wrong according to some.

Then again the appeal of taking two friends and randomly making them gay just might not jump out at me, I don't see the fun of slash fiction or most crack.
Made by Chesu+Zombee
Image

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.
Re: Miles Edgeworth: Gay or GAY?Topic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Male

Rank: Desk Jockey

Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:53 pm

Posts: 64

Pierre wrote:
I'm more bothered how it's more or less considered truth among places here when I don't see a need to pair them together.

Its the fact that the pairings defy truth, the 'twisted truths' people put forward to support it that aren't there at all. Yet to suggest otherwise is to instantly be wrong according to some.

Then again the appeal of taking two friends and randomly making them gay just might not jump out at me, I don't see the fun of slash fiction or most crack.


When you point out the obvious to some folk's, they use the classic arguement 'just cause it doesn't support my belief, doesn't mean it supports yours'. I hate it when vague statements like that are used to justify anyone's position, doesn't have to relate to pairings, but other area's of debate as well.

I've stated here everything I feel about shipping. I don't intend to attack people for having reason to believe why a pairing can't happen. It's when they believe with all their being that their fantasies are true and harass those who don't support them. That's my problem.

*End Rant*
You don't need a reason to help people. -Zidane Tribal


Last edited by HumbleClutter on Sun Nov 14, 2010 3:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Re: Miles Edgeworth: Gay or GAY?Topic%20Title
User avatar

Stepladder!

Gender: Female

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:52 pm

Posts: 29

My opinion here:

Edgeworth has a low sex drive that's easy for him to keep in check, whatever his preferences may be. Disappointment at not getting to see a woman in a bikini suggests that said sex drive includes women as valid targets... but on the other hand, women are the more frustrating gender for him to deal with socially, which is one of several factors keeping him away from such romances.

There's nothing disproving the idea that men are valid targets as well, however... and the subtext between Edgeworth and Phoenix is overpowering enough that I started imagining how some scenes might differ if that slash pairing were outright canon by the time Edgeworth gave Phoenix back his badge despite not having jumped into the fandom yet.

However, canon appears to me as though it implies that Phoenix favors women (though there is a sliver of room for debate as to how exclusively), so I don't consider the slash pairing to be canon. How fun the pairing is if you bend things, though, is a whole other matter, so I won't complain if it's done well. ;)

Edgeworth's tastes in decor, fashion, and cuisine being out of sync with most of society don't rightfully figure into the debate, especially given that these don't seem to be the only ways he doesn't perfectly fit in with the masses. That kind of thinking is what gets perfectly heterosexual boys beaten up by bullies just for liking the "wrong" color, perfectly heterosexual girls mocked as lesbians for years just for noting how pretty one of the teachers actually is *cough*, and MtF transgendered not getting taken seriously as such just because they don't like dresses any more than many typical modern women. -- Pteryx
Image
Re: Miles Edgeworth: Gay or GAY?Topic%20Title
User avatar

Your MOM reminds me of a puzzle.

Gender: Female

Rank: Desk Jockey

Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:12 am

Posts: 58

He's neither gay nor straight. He's FOREVER ALONE. *brick'd*

Anyway.. I wouldn't care if Edgey was gay or straight, he'd still be awesome either way. But whatever sexual orientation he may have, I know he'll be more of a settler than a reacher when it comes to a relationship. He doesn't really seem like the type of guy that would reach out and ask someone to go out with him but he doesn't seem the type to completely reject all advances made on him either. But right now, he's married to his work and if that's what makes him happy then so be it.
Image "WHERE ARE YOU TAKING ME, SIR?!"Image
Re: Miles Edgeworth: Gay or GAY?Topic%20Title

Escaped Asylum Inmate

Gender: None specified

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Wed Nov 17, 2010 4:07 am

Posts: 4

Well, I guess I’m once more late to the party. No biggie.

… so I guess I’ll throw in my whole two cents about the whole “Is Edgey gay?” thing. Son of a submariner, it’s not obvious?OVERLY LONG POST AHOY!

First off, let me just say that when I started playing the games, I played them way out of order (2,4,3,1,5) so it took me a while to see what people saw in the whole Phoenix/Edgey pairing (I actually started off shipping P/M). Wasn’t until the first game that I started thinking “Okay, maybe there is something here…” And going back and looking over some of the things in the other games, I had to admit that yes, it doesn’t take much to see those two as gay for each other! (Edgeworth is particularly easy to see as gay for Phoenix.)
There’s just so much evidence for it:

• Case3-5: Not going into the “dark secret” and “partner” lines again, since so many others have. Nor will I overly dwell on the fact that he chartered a plane out of worry, which even for a guy like Edgeworth can’t be cheap. But nobody seems to have commented on how Edgeworth is putting his job on the line, the job that means the world to him… for Phoenix. By this point I think we’ve gone past mere gratitude and friendship.
• Case 1-3: Unnecessary feelings, anyone? Also, that Edgeworth actually tries to steer Phoenix torwards a Not Guilty verdict… while he’s still at least somewhat obsessed with the idea of a perfect trial. Doesn’t mean he’s smitten, but it does indict that he places quite a bit of trust in Phoenix, which is more than you can say about most other people.
• Case 1-4: Good lord, all of it sets off the gaydar! But if I had to pick…“You should have heard him after the Steel Samurai case. He kept saying ‘Wright, Wright, Wright!’” Words cannot express how much I’d give to learn the context behind this statement.
• Case 1-5: AM I THE ONLY WHO SEES THE SYMBOLISM IN THAT EVIDENCE LIST?! TWO HALVES, TWO HEARTS?!
• Case 2-4: Out of them all, I think this might just be the one with the most gay undertones (Yes, even more than 1-4). But I think what sums it all up is that after an entire case spent handing out speeches about how an attorney’s job is to find the truth, he’s willing (reluctant, but willing) to let a guilty man go free and an innocent woman be convicted in his place… for Phoenix. Yes it’s because of Maya, but he’s doing it for Phoenix. And for a guy like Edgeworth, I imagine it would take nothing sort of love to get him to drop his hard-won morals by the wayside.

And this is coming somewhat from personal experience… but if Edgeworth is asexual, it might not be naturally so. Rather it’s something that stems from repression, isolation, and naiveté when it comes to people. In other words, it is something he’s developed over the years, and more importantly can overcome.

Even if he IS asexual (which I personally doubt) that doesn’t mean he can’t have a thing for Phoenix. Asexual people ARE capable of falling in love. And let me just say that it can be remarkably easy to fall for someone who’s stood by your side when you were at your worst, same sex or not (again, drawing on personal experience).

:udgy:Judge: I pronounce the defendant gay, and sentence him to a severe tongue lashing courtesy of Mr. Wright! (Oh if only. If only.)

As for Phoenix… while I don’t think he’s thought of Edgeworth in THAT way yet, nor do I think it’s something he’d be averse to. Phoenix, just as much if not more than Edgeworth, strikes me as someone who’d look for LOVE in a relationship. Love… and not boobs. In other words, a pansexual.

Really, it's all about what you read into it. This is just my personal interpretation (please don't hate me for it).

Also just want to point out something in game 5 which I don’t think anyone else has commented on yet. But in the last case, Edgeworth tells Kay that “It’s wonderful to have a partner you can trust”. And what did Edgey call Phoenix in 3-5?… I’m going to go ahead and answer my own question: PARTNER! Though given the context of that statement, it could just as easily be applied to Gumshoe. Either way, there’s much potential gay!

(Oh, and does anyone know of any other place I can find the “Waiting Forever” doujin mentioned a few pages back? The original link is no longer working, and I can’t download RARs anyway. If you know of another link or can email a copy to me, please let me know!)
Re: Miles Edgeworth: Gay or GAY?Topic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Male

Rank: Desk Jockey

Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:53 pm

Posts: 64

Quote:
And going back and looking over some of the things in the other games, I had to admit that yes, it doesn’t take much to see those two as gay for each other! (Edgeworth is particularly easy to see as gay for Phoenix.)
There’s just so much evidence for it:


I've taken the liberty to dissect your 'case' for Edgeworth being fruity.

There's no evidence, it's your own personal fantasy to think of Edgeworth as a pillow biter. And don't mislead the readers into thinking there 'is something' which there is none.


Quote:
Even if he IS asexual (which I personally doubt) that doesn’t mean he can’t have a thing for Phoenix. Asexual people ARE capable of falling in love. And let me just say that it can be remarkably easy to fall for someone who’s stood by your side when you were at your worst, same sex or not (again, drawing on personal experience).


Keywords: Personal Experience.

Quote:
Really, it's all about what you read into it. This is just my personal interpretation (please don't hate me for it).


There is nothing to read into. It's a game where you solve crimes and gain acquittal for your client. It's not a steamy romance novel. I don't care what people interpret from a vague, out of context statement, I only want FACTS.

Quote:
Either way, there’s much potential gay!


Empty potential, unless I hear from the horse's mouth that Edgeworth is in fact, gay, straight or otherwise. People's arguments for it is baseless conjecture.
You don't need a reason to help people. -Zidane Tribal
Re: Miles Edgeworth: Gay or GAY?Topic%20Title
User avatar

earthlings on fire

Gender: Female

Location: Hazakura Temple

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:57 am

Posts: 1013

HumbleClutter wrote:
Quote:
And going back and looking over some of the things in the other games, I had to admit that yes, it doesn’t take much to see those two as gay for each other! (Edgeworth is particularly easy to see as gay for Phoenix.)
There’s just so much evidence for it:


I've taken the liberty to dissect your 'case' for Edgeworth being fruity.

There's no evidence, it's your own personal fantasy to think of Edgeworth as a pillow biter. And don't mislead the readers into thinking there 'is something' which there is none.


Quote:
Even if he IS asexual (which I personally doubt) that doesn’t mean he can’t have a thing for Phoenix. Asexual people ARE capable of falling in love. And let me just say that it can be remarkably easy to fall for someone who’s stood by your side when you were at your worst, same sex or not (again, drawing on personal experience).


Keywords: Personal Experience.

Quote:
Really, it's all about what you read into it. This is just my personal interpretation (please don't hate me for it).


There is nothing to read into. It's a game where you solve crimes and gain acquittal for your client. It's not a steamy romance novel. I don't care what people interpret from a vague, out of context statement, I only want FACTS.

Quote:
Either way, there’s much potential gay!


Empty potential, unless I hear from the horse's mouth that Edgeworth is in fact, gay, straight or otherwise. People's arguments for it is baseless conjecture.


I understand that you strongly dislike that pairing, but we KNOW it's not stated as canon. NO pairing is. As I said before, people enjoy coming up with their own interpretations, and yes, PW is not a romance novel, but it is about finding clues and uncovering truth. While knowing the truth that no pairing is canon, it can be amusing to some to 'uncover' truths about characters. Searching deeper into the story than what is said is enjoyable. No one ever said this was canon. We all know it's not. Please respect this.
ImageImageImage
...and there's fifteen feet of pure white snow


Last edited by Cravat of Doom on Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Re: Miles Edgeworth: Gay or GAY?Topic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Male

Rank: Desk Jockey

Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:53 pm

Posts: 64

Quote:
I understand that you strongly dislike that pairing, but we KNOW it's stated as canon. NO pairing is.


Lovely contradiction you have there. You 'know' it's canon, then you say no pairing is canon. Did you mean to say something different? If so, please clarify.

Quote:
As I said before, people enjoy coming up with their own interpretations, and yes, PW is not a romance novel, but it is about finding clues and uncovering truth.


And as I've said before, I don't care if people PRETEND and have fun.

Quote:
Searching deeper into the story than what is said is enjoyable. No one ever said this was canon.


If you and other folk's enjoy contemplating 'what ifs' I have no quarrel with you. But, asserting your opinion as fact like zara2148 has by stating there is 'evidence'. Then I will emerge from my silence and slap them down with cold, hard, facts.

Folk's need to read my posts more carefully, I'm not against you. I'm against those who state their opinion as LAW.
You don't need a reason to help people. -Zidane Tribal
Re: Miles Edgeworth: Gay or GAY?Topic%20Title
User avatar

Dine at DuBois'!

Gender: Male

Location: A land of ignorance and fear.

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:30 pm

Posts: 14159

Quote:
Case 1-5: AM I THE ONLY WHO SEES THE SYMBOLISM IN THAT EVIDENCE LIST?! TWO HALVES, TWO HEARTS?!


Yes

Quote:
Case 2-4: Out of them all, I think this might just be the one with the most gay undertones (Yes, even more than 1-4). But I think what sums it all up is that after an entire case spent handing out speeches about how an attorney’s job is to find the truth, he’s willing (reluctant, but willing) to let a guilty man go free and an innocent woman be convicted in his place… for Phoenix. Yes it’s because of Maya, but he’s doing it for Phoenix. And for a guy like Edgeworth, I imagine it would take nothing sort of love to get him to drop his hard-won morals by the wayside.


Are you kidding me? Maya was vital in getting his freedom in case 1-4 because of her bravery. Of course he'd do it for Maya. What you think he can go "Yeah I know one of your best friends is going to die if I convict the right man but JUSTICE COMES FIRST!" If anything he'd do it so he wouldn't be held responsible for Maya's death.

Quote:
Also just want to point out something in game 5 which I don’t think anyone else has commented on yet. But in the last case, Edgeworth tells Kay that “It’s wonderful to have a partner you can trust”. And what did Edgey call Phoenix in 3-5?… I’m going to go ahead and answer my own question: PARTNER! Though given the context of that statement, it could just as easily be applied to Gumshoe. Either way, there’s much potential gay!


Sure partner can mean 'life partner' but there are a whole load of other meanings to partner, colleague, friend, teammate you can't just jump to a conclusion like that it'd too flimsy especially when you admit the context is wrong
Made by Chesu+Zombee
Image

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.
Re: Miles Edgeworth: Gay or GAY?Topic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Male

Location: America

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:54 pm

Posts: 151

HumbleClutter wrote:
If you and other folk's enjoy contemplating 'what ifs' I have no quarrel with you. But, asserting your opinion as fact like zara2148 has by stating there is 'evidence'. Then I will emerge from my silence and slap them down with cold, hard, facts.

Folk's need to read my posts more carefully, I'm not against you. I'm against those who state their opinion as LAW.


...The more I've witnessed and participated in shipping arguments of all shapes and sizes, the more I've become convinced that we could all use a chill pill.

Spoiler: Rant Inside The Spoiler Box
The shippers. The anti-shippers. The P/M shippers. The P/E shippers. The P/I shippers. (Yes, even those few of us P/F shippers.)

In the end, Phoenix is an avatar for the player. We see his thoughts, but we also guide his actions, and our own inferences have a direct impact on his judgment. Like Crono, Cloud, Link, Mario, and every other video gaming hero you directly control, Phoenix more or less sways with the will of the gamer.

Yes, there are longwinded attempts at "objective" arguments we can make regarding Phoenix's romantic interests or his sexuality or the kind of partner that might be "perfect" for him. And I don't have any problem with us speculating, because it's a fun intellectual exercise to do so if you justify your intuition with facts. But at the end of the day, the most appropriate interpretation of Phoenix is that he has many different sexual preferences and romantic identities...thousands of them! Because every gamer's copy of Ace Attorney allows the gamer to spend time in the shoes of their own Phoenix Wright, and they can import their own perspectives and beliefs into him (presuming it doesn't overtly conflict Capcom's narrative.)

...That's pretty much why, for the record, I don't think we'll ever get a truly, 100% definitive answer on who Phoenix loves. It's not that Capcom intends Phoenix to stay single. It's moreso that as an avatar, Capcom's keeping Phoenix's love life deliberately vague enough so that we can all believe what we want, and no one's desires for him are offended.

I'm not a strong P/E shipper (it's probably my second favorite ship for Phoenix, though), but if members and allies of the GLBT community find inspiration in interpreting a relationship between them, what harm is done? I'm not a P/I shipper (at all, really) but if people are inspired by the fairy-tale nature of a knight in shining armor (or in this case, a lawyer's suit) rescuing a repressed maiden locked away by her evil twin in a metaphorical ivory tower of isolation and despair, isn't that swell? And I'm not a P/M shipper, but can't we all confess regardless of arbitrary shipping affiliations that those two share some adorable moments together?

I think I've increasingly come to the conclusion that insofar as Phoenix, Edgeworth, Maya, Franny and Iris are all quite well-written and thoroughly likable characters, who really cares who Phoenix ends up with? He's got several fairly incredible options.
It'd be great if we, as shippers, could actually reach a point where we all had that mutual degree of respect for the characters, where we could say "Well I personally disagree with your interpretation, because here's how I interpreted Phoenix as I played the games, but your perception's pretty awesome, too!" And we could just pleasantly share our ideas without being offended if people disagree.

Instead half the forum (even myself, at times) bickers over inherently subjective interpretations that have no right or wrong answer. It's ridiculous.

Long story short, I think HumbleClutter's right to assert that ideally, no shipping opinion should be stated as law. At the same time, though, this is pretty much the P/E fans' hangout. They're entitled to have a corner of the forum where they can gather and geek out at the idea of Phoenix and Edgeworth sharing a candelit dinner for two.

I mean, if someone goes into the Pairing Debates thread and says "P/E is absolutely 100% canon, you'd be stupid to believe otherwise, P/M and P/I shippers are losers!" ...yeah, that'd be rude. But that's another story.


...Sorry!
Re: Miles Edgeworth: Gay or GAY?Topic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Male

Rank: Desk Jockey

Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:53 pm

Posts: 64

Perseverance, I'm glad you showed up hahaha.

In your long statement there are points I disagree with but I won't be nitpicky. And you're correct stating that this is the P/E hangout where discussion can take place regarding the two characters. I came to this thread regarding my personal interpretation of Edgeworth's character, but things turned out different.

Now I will take my leave and let people enjoy this thread for what it's made for. Unless people have an issue with what I've stated and wish to discuss, you can PM me anytime. I am online often so I respond quickly to email.
You don't need a reason to help people. -Zidane Tribal
Re: Miles Edgeworth: Gay or GAY?Topic%20Title
User avatar

Don't hurt me...

Gender: None specified

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Sat Oct 23, 2010 2:33 am

Posts: 37

(Having fun with the shippers, Humble Clutter?)

Though Edgeworth may say some "gay" things, it only sounds like that if you have already concluded ahead of time that he's gay. In the game, he makes few if any remarks in regards to his sexuality.

Spoiler:
Shippers can present "evidence" and argue their point all they want but when it comes right down to it, the "arguments" rarely (if at all) convince someone to jump ship.

Some people treat shipping like it's a second religion and it's ridiculous. I've been attacked (speaking in general here, not this forum specifically) for even faintly suggesting that a ship wouldn't work even if it was not my intention at all.

Image
Re: Miles Edgeworth: Gay or GAY?Topic%20Title
User avatar

Hey, pal!!!

Gender: Female

Location: Stakeout outside the prosecutors office

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:27 am

Posts: 22

Image
He is most certainly NOT gay!!!!!!

For these reasons
1. He is a disciple of a Von Karma
2. Manfred wears frilly clothes, and if that makes him gay...was franziska a mistake? No! Von Karmas must have perfection.
3. Tea is a european drink, he was raised by one from the age of ten
4. His clothes are red. RED!!!
5. Do those eyes look gay to you?!?!?!??!

Thats just despicable!!!!

and one more thing....
Image I'd hit that


Say it again, expect death :chinami:
http://i.ytimg.com/vi/8RDo_G6LDGs/0.jpg
Yeah.... probably the hand to butt thing....
Re: Miles Edgeworth: Gay or GAY?Topic%20Title
User avatar

The cape is self-fluttering

Gender: Female

Location: The Bostonius

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:00 pm

Posts: 2798

zara2148 wrote:
• Case 2-4: Out of them all, I think this might just be the one with the most gay undertones (Yes, even more than 1-4). But I think what sums it all up is that after an entire case spent handing out speeches about how an attorney’s job is to find the truth, he’s willing (reluctant, but willing) to let a guilty man go free and an innocent woman be convicted in his place… for Phoenix. Yes it’s because of Maya, but he’s doing it for Phoenix. And for a guy like Edgeworth, I imagine it would take nothing sort of love to get him to drop his hard-won morals by the wayside.


Um, no. Edgeworth was NOT willing, or 'reluctantly willing,' to let a guilty man go free. He was just reluctant. Pay closer attention to the second court day, particularly to how pissed Edgeworth gets every time Matt is dangerously close to getting off the hook. It's true that Edgeworth is willing to push things to a certain point, but he does it for the sake of finding the truth, and not because he considers somebody to be his fwuffy wuv bunny.

But if you want to talk about Edgeworth doing things for Phoenix, the whole 'assembling the police force to find Maya' thing would probably be a better example. (Although, this act of generosity could be interpreted multiple ways.)

Afoolisafoolisafool wrote:
3. Tea is a european drink, he was raised by one from the age of ten


Holy shit, I didn't know cups of tea were capable of raising American children to adulthood.
"Descole? You don't mean Mr. I-Like-to-Wreck-Things-with-Mechanical-Monsters-and-Dress-Up-as-Posh-Ladies Descole?" -Emmy Altava

Image
...NAILED IT
Page 38 of 42 [ 1657 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42  Next
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  

 Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby

Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum
Jump to:  
News News Site map Site map SitemapIndex SitemapIndex RSS Feed RSS Feed Channel list Channel list
Powered by phpBB

phpBB SEO