Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby

Page 10 of 16[ 626 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 16  Next
 


Re: Crack Theory Thread!Topic%20Title
User avatar

Cause of death is being dummy

Gender: Female

Location: Metropolitan Atlanta

Rank: Prosecutor

Joined: Thu May 22, 2014 12:23 pm

Posts: 812

Well, I like it.
Re: Crack Theory Thread!Topic%20Title
User avatar

Yatta.

Gender: Female

Location: LA, Japanifornia

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:17 am

Posts: 6136

Quote:
The other explanation is that Godot is an imposter who stole Diego's identity for whatever reason. Diego himself is still in a coma, or he has died.

Sooo... Godot WAS in Dual Destinies?
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
Various official AA stuff translations currently in the works.
Updated to include tributes and more to the Yakuza game series. I'm forever trapped in karaoke hell.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com
Re: Crack Theory Thread!Topic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: None specified

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2011 9:34 am

Posts: 251

I like this theory too. It's an interesting idea.

That said, the thing about Diego dying in coma reminds me of a crack theory that I've been thinking about for a while now (I would have posted it sooner, but I didn't want to bother the Edgeworth believers).

As it has been mentioned several times, in the games there are contradictions in the dates & ages. Basically, by the end of Dual Destinies, Phoenix should be 35, instead of 34 as mentioned in his profile.

Well, there's an easy way to solve this contradiction.
- According to the dialogues, 4-1 takes place 7 years after Zak's trial
- According to the profile ages, AJ takes place in 2025 (and DD in 2026)
Therefore, Zak's trial takes place in 2018. Simple, no? It solves all the time- and age-related contradictions.

Of course, this theory creates a bigger contradiction: Phoenix would have been disbarred before T&T. And this is where we enter crack theory territory.

My initial theory was this:
All of the non-flashback cases of Trials & Tribulations were Phoenix's delusions. He started having delusions because he couldn't cope with the loss of his badge. The truth is, Diego died from the poisoning, Godot never appeared, Phoenix was really dating Dahlia all along, and Iris doesn't exist. Meanwhile, Trucy was at school or something, or maybe he hadn't adopted her yet.

Later, I came up with a new theory. Rather than T&T not actually happening, it happened in a different timeline! Basically, there are 2 timelines like this:
- Timeline 1: AA -> JFA -> Zak's trial -> 7 years gap -> AJ -> DD
- Timeline 2: AA -> JFA -> T&T -> PLvsAA (you can even include the DLC, if you ignore the 4th-wall-breaking bits)
(the AAI games happen in both timelines)
So Phoenix never lost his badge in the 2nd timeline. Maybe he never defended Zak, or maybe Zak was never framed; there are a lot of possibilities.

So the question is, what caused the timelines to split?
Well, remember MASON? What if it wasn't just a game? What if Phoenix had actually been time-traveling? Originally, he didn't know about the nail polish until after Kristoph was arrested; he didn't know Thalassa had another child until after Drew's death, etc. Eventually he (somehow) went back in time to prevent himself from losing his badge, creating the second timeline. Then at some point he decided to undo his changes and go back to the first timeline (maybe because Kristoph would have never been exposed otherwise?). But this time, he had knowledge and photos from the future!
Re: Crack Theory Thread!Topic%20Title
User avatar

Cause of death is being dummy

Gender: Female

Location: Metropolitan Atlanta

Rank: Prosecutor

Joined: Thu May 22, 2014 12:23 pm

Posts: 812

So would there be a character (apart from Phoenix) that is aware of both timelines? (I vote Oldbag.)
Re: Crack Theory Thread!Topic%20Title
User avatar

Wassup, witchy baby!

Gender: Male

Location: Sweden

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:22 pm

Posts: 7730

Rubia Ryu the Royal wrote:
Quote:
The other explanation is that Godot is an imposter who stole Diego's identity for whatever reason. Diego himself is still in a coma, or he has died.

Sooo... Godot WAS in Dual Destinies?


You're thinking what I was thinking in the last sentence in my previous post, right?
(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)
Re: Crack Theory Thread!Topic%20Title
User avatar

Yatta.

Gender: Female

Location: LA, Japanifornia

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:17 am

Posts: 6136

Jozerick wrote:
(the AAI games happen in both timelines)

My mind is blown... up and now I'm confused. How do these two alternate realities happen to converge upon a specific timeline where Edgeworth is the Steel Samurai?

Wait, no, I think I got it. The Investigations games actually take place in a TV show that the Steel Samurai and his folks watch.

Which means the Steel Samurai actually exists in our world.

Excuse me as I go off to re-inflate my head.

AireyVerkhovensky wrote:
So would there be a character (apart from Phoenix) that is aware of both timelines? (I vote Oldbag.)

We've been over this before. Haven't we already reached the conclusion that Oldbag is a separate entity that was born before the cosmos were created?

It's why Miles had a second coming. Or third. Or however many times it was by now.

GoingforMiles wrote:
Rubia Ryu the Royal wrote:
Quote:
The other explanation is that Godot is an imposter who stole Diego's identity for whatever reason. Diego himself is still in a coma, or he has died.

Sooo... Godot WAS in Dual Destinies?


You're thinking what I was thinking in the last sentence in my previous post, right?

Nah, I was thinking about android Athena.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
Various official AA stuff translations currently in the works.
Updated to include tributes and more to the Yakuza game series. I'm forever trapped in karaoke hell.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com
Re: Crack Theory Thread!Topic%20Title
User avatar

Cause of death is being dummy

Gender: Female

Location: Metropolitan Atlanta

Rank: Prosecutor

Joined: Thu May 22, 2014 12:23 pm

Posts: 812

Android Athena is canon, what are talking about.
Re: Crack Theory Thread!Topic%20Title
User avatar

Yatta.

Gender: Female

Location: LA, Japanifornia

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:17 am

Posts: 6136

But Godot was an android before it was cool.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
Various official AA stuff translations currently in the works.
Updated to include tributes and more to the Yakuza game series. I'm forever trapped in karaoke hell.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com
Re: Crack Theory Thread!Topic%20Title
User avatar

Wassup, witchy baby!

Gender: Male

Location: Sweden

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:22 pm

Posts: 7730

Godot made it cool.
(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)
Re: Crack Theory Thread!Topic%20Title
User avatar

Cause of death is being dummy

Gender: Female

Location: Metropolitan Atlanta

Rank: Prosecutor

Joined: Thu May 22, 2014 12:23 pm

Posts: 812

While we're talking about alternate timelines, I'd just like to point out that Virion from Fire Emblem: Awakening is clearly bizarro Edgeworth.
Spoiler: Proof
Image
Image
> similar hair color (Virion's hair looks a lot more gray in-game)
Image
> same eye color
> same hair style, just Virion's is longer
> inexplicable accents (why does Edgeworth have a British accent, anyway? And Virion has a French accent despite the fact that France doesn't exactly... exist in the FE universe.)
> cravats
> really smart. Like, really freaking smart.
> rich
But their personalities are polar opposites. For instance, Virion is flirty where Edgeworth is... Edgeworth.

Re: Crack Theory Thread!Topic%20Title
User avatar

Yatta.

Gender: Female

Location: LA, Japanifornia

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:17 am

Posts: 6136

...The nose is different.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
Various official AA stuff translations currently in the works.
Updated to include tributes and more to the Yakuza game series. I'm forever trapped in karaoke hell.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com
Re: Crack Theory Thread!Topic%20Title
User avatar

[Whip the cream!]

Gender: Male

Location: Sweden

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:17 am

Posts: 7320

GoingforMiles wrote:

Also note that it was stated in the game that Godot is really good at imitating other people.

Nudge, nudge.


These two statements somehow made my night better.
Gimme a "P"! Gimme an "I"! Give me a "P" and an "E"! What's that spell?! Pipe!
Re: Crack Theory Thread!Topic%20Title
User avatar

Wassup, witchy baby!

Gender: Male

Location: Sweden

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:22 pm

Posts: 7730

Rubia Ryu the Royal wrote:
...The nose is different.


What she said.

(Also something is seriously wrong with that guy's proportions)
(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)
Re: Crack Theory Thread!Topic%20Title
User avatar

Cause of death is being dummy

Gender: Female

Location: Metropolitan Atlanta

Rank: Prosecutor

Joined: Thu May 22, 2014 12:23 pm

Posts: 812

GoingforMiles wrote:
Rubia Ryu the Royal wrote:
...The nose is different.


What she said.

(Also something is seriously wrong with that guy's proportions)

Is it the lack of feet? Because I seriously have no idea why the FE:A models are missing their feet.
Re: Crack Theory Thread!Topic%20Title
User avatar

Dine at DuBois'!

Gender: Male

Location: A land of ignorance and fear.

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:30 pm

Posts: 14155

AireyVerkhovensky wrote:
GoingforMiles wrote:
Rubia Ryu the Royal wrote:
...The nose is different.


What she said.

(Also something is seriously wrong with that guy's proportions)

Is it the lack of feet? Because I seriously have no idea why the FE:A models are missing their feet.


Pish posh they ain't missing their feet. They just aren't human and are some other kind of similar species that exist on hooves.
Made by Chesu+Zombee
Image

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.
Re: Crack Theory Thread!Topic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Female

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Sat Sep 13, 2014 12:11 am

Posts: 13

AireyVerkhovensky wrote:
Spoiler: Proof
(why does Edgeworth have a British accent, anyway?


Spoiler:
I've always wondered that as well. Maybe his mother was British?

Image
Re: Crack Theory Thread!Topic%20Title
User avatar

Cause of death is being dummy

Gender: Female

Location: Metropolitan Atlanta

Rank: Prosecutor

Joined: Thu May 22, 2014 12:23 pm

Posts: 812

Snow-Capped Rose wrote:
AireyVerkhovensky wrote:
Spoiler: Proof
(why does Edgeworth have a British accent, anyway?


Spoiler:
I've always wondered that as well. Maybe his mother was British?

I've heard one theory that (growing up post-DL-6 in Germany, as a German-speaker) most of his English-speaking acquaintances were British, so he picked up the accent due to not hearing any other type of English for a few years.
Re: Crack Theory Thread!Topic%20Title
User avatar

You know, a Mario game!

Gender: Male

Location: Canada, eh?

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:05 pm

Posts: 1943

The Judge is immortal. I mean, how else could he look exactly the same in GK1-4 and GS5, which take place almost 20 years apart from one another? He's hundreds of years old, and is an all powerful being who takes the form of a judge to assess the sins of mortals, if they're found guilty, they're executed and sent to hell, if they're not, then they get to continue to live in the world of the living.
My let's Play channel! Shameless plug!
Current Project: Sly Cooper & The Thievius Racoonus
My Twitter Account
Re: Crack Theory Thread!Topic%20Title
User avatar

Yatta.

Gender: Female

Location: LA, Japanifornia

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:17 am

Posts: 6136

I missed this thread.
If you must know, Oldbag and the Judge were important parts to the Revelation of Miles Edgeworth.
Are you suggesting that any convict condemned is actually dead, and while Edgeworth was wandering among prison cells in an investigation, he met with one such convict who threw a toupee at him? Of course, since this is Miles Edgeworth, Son of Gregory, he was left unharmed, but that toupee toss was an attempt at assassination.

...unless Miles Edgeworth actually did die and thus ended up in the prisons of hell, but later cleared his name with the Hell Guardian named Raymond Shields and was thus allowed to leave. Huh, so was that why we met him in there? But that suggests Kay and Gumshoe followed the soul of Miles Edgeworth into the depths of hell - but who wouldn't?
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
Various official AA stuff translations currently in the works.
Updated to include tributes and more to the Yakuza game series. I'm forever trapped in karaoke hell.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com
Re: Crack Theory Thread!Topic%20Title
User avatar

Cause of death is being dummy

Gender: Female

Location: Metropolitan Atlanta

Rank: Prosecutor

Joined: Thu May 22, 2014 12:23 pm

Posts: 812

We always knew Kay and Gumshoe's missions were to protect the Son of Gregory.
Re: Crack Theory Thread!Topic%20Title
User avatar

Wassup, witchy baby!

Gender: Male

Location: Sweden

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:22 pm

Posts: 7730

Suddenly everythin makes so much sense.
(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)
Re: Crack Theory Thread!Topic%20Title
User avatar

Yatta.

Gender: Female

Location: LA, Japanifornia

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:17 am

Posts: 6136

Peace be with you, Miles Edgeworth, for every one of your strange deaths and rather convenient rebirths... but would it kill you to stop dying in the first place!?
- Your Faithful but Concerned Disciple, Phoenix Wright

The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
Various official AA stuff translations currently in the works.
Updated to include tributes and more to the Yakuza game series. I'm forever trapped in karaoke hell.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com
Re: Crack Theory Thread!Topic%20Title
User avatar

Wassup, witchy baby!

Gender: Male

Location: Sweden

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:22 pm

Posts: 7730

I bring old news. No but uh I had this crack theory before I knew it was called a crack theory and I'll put it up here because I wanted to add to it as well.

GoingforMiles wrote:
Spoiler: 5-5 + GS4
So... what if Phantom really would be Apollo's father? He died in an accident on stage? True... and Thalassa Gramarye died in an accident when training for a show, didn't she? So up until we learn Thalassa is alive, her story and Apollo's fathers are very similar. But there's also one similarity between Thalassa and Phantom. Phantom is terrified of having his identity revealed, and in 4-3, Lamiroir expressed a fear of getting her memories back in case he had done something horrible in her past, i.e, she was afraid of having her identity revealed for herself. After her accident, Lamiroir didn't only lose her memory but also her eyesight - she was severely injured - as for Phantom... we don't know about his face, right? When he says he doesn't remember what he looks like, perhaps that isn't because he hasn't seen himself in a mirror for a while, but because he doesn't have any recognizable features, due to fire, an explosion or whatever it was that presumably took Apollo's father's life. So, if we pretend this would be true, then would it all be part of a plot - perhaps by Magnifi? And would Apollo one day have to take down his father in court?


So what I came to think of now is
Spoiler:
That Phantom, if not Apollo's dad, still could be his relative... but on his mother's side. Because, taking over people's identities like that must take some serious observational skills, down to the smallest tic... nudge nudge, wink wink, know what I mean?

(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)
Re: Crack Theory Thread!Topic%20Title
User avatar

Cause of death is being dummy

Gender: Female

Location: Metropolitan Atlanta

Rank: Prosecutor

Joined: Thu May 22, 2014 12:23 pm

Posts: 812

GoingforMiles wrote:
I bring old news. No but uh I had this crack theory before I knew it was called a crack theory and I'll put it up here because I wanted to add to it as well.

GoingforMiles wrote:
Spoiler: 5-5 + GS4
So... what if Phantom really would be Apollo's father? He died in an accident on stage? True... and Thalassa Gramarye died in an accident when training for a show, didn't she? So up until we learn Thalassa is alive, her story and Apollo's fathers are very similar. But there's also one similarity between Thalassa and Phantom. Phantom is terrified of having his identity revealed, and in 4-3, Lamiroir expressed a fear of getting her memories back in case he had done something horrible in her past, i.e, she was afraid of having her identity revealed for herself. After her accident, Lamiroir didn't only lose her memory but also her eyesight - she was severely injured - as for Phantom... we don't know about his face, right? When he says he doesn't remember what he looks like, perhaps that isn't because he hasn't seen himself in a mirror for a while, but because he doesn't have any recognizable features, due to fire, an explosion or whatever it was that presumably took Apollo's father's life. So, if we pretend this would be true, then would it all be part of a plot - perhaps by Magnifi? And would Apollo one day have to take down his father in court?


So what I came to think of now is
Spoiler:
That Phantom, if not Apollo's dad, still could be his relative... but on his mother's side. Because, taking over people's identities like that must take some serious observational skills, down to the smallest tic... nudge nudge, wink wink, know what I mean?

Spoiler:
I like the "plot by Magnifi" bit; it seems like something he would do. Because Magnifi is a jerk.

Re: Crack Theory Thread!Topic%20Title
User avatar

Wassup, witchy baby!

Gender: Male

Location: Sweden

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:22 pm

Posts: 7730

Uh-uh, I always felt like something was up with that one.
(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)
Re: Crack Theory Thread!Topic%20Title
User avatar

You know, a Mario game!

Gender: Male

Location: Canada, eh?

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:05 pm

Posts: 1943

Spoiler: GS5 Main Villain
The Phantom is Don Paolo from Professor Layton. Both of them are masters of disguise capable of perfectly mimicking people down to the way they walk, their behaviors, and even their voices. Plus, both series seem to take place in the same universe if the crossover is any indication.

My let's Play channel! Shameless plug!
Current Project: Sly Cooper & The Thievius Racoonus
My Twitter Account
Re: Crack Theory Thread!Topic%20Title
User avatar

Cause of death is being dummy

Gender: Female

Location: Metropolitan Atlanta

Rank: Prosecutor

Joined: Thu May 22, 2014 12:23 pm

Posts: 812

dimentiorules wrote:
Spoiler: GS5 Main Villain
The Phantom is Don Paolo from Professor Layton. Both of them are masters of disguise capable of perfectly mimicking people down to the way they walk, their behaviors, and even their voices. Plus, both series seem to take place in the same universe if the crossover is any indication.

Spoiler: Azran Legacy, AAI2 spoilers
But what about Hershel "I like to dress up as posh ladies" Bronev? ;( Or is he the fake president of Zheng Fa? Because if Don Paolo can do it, so can he!

Re: Crack Theory Thread!Topic%20Title
User avatar

You know, a Mario game!

Gender: Male

Location: Canada, eh?

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:05 pm

Posts: 1943

AireyVerkhovensky wrote:
dimentiorules wrote:
Spoiler: GS5 Main Villain
The Phantom is Don Paolo from Professor Layton. Both of them are masters of disguise capable of perfectly mimicking people down to the way they walk, their behaviors, and even their voices. Plus, both series seem to take place in the same universe if the crossover is any indication.

Spoiler: Azran Legacy, AAI2 spoilers
But what about Hershel "I like to dress up as posh ladies" Bronev? ;( Or is he the fake president of Zheng Fa? Because if Don Paolo can do it, so can he!

I've only played the first 2 Layton games, so I never heard of him. Kinda weird that we have 2 characters with the same first name, but whatever. BTW, if there's an actual plotline reason for this, don't tell me, I still want to eventually play those games.
My let's Play channel! Shameless plug!
Current Project: Sly Cooper & The Thievius Racoonus
My Twitter Account
Re: Crack Theory Thread!Topic%20Title
User avatar

Wassup, witchy baby!

Gender: Male

Location: Sweden

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:22 pm

Posts: 7730

So Klavi isn't really German, but his name is a German word and his brother's name sounds germanesque. My main theory is that Klavier is a taken name, or simply a stage name.

The existence of Kristoph makes things a little more complicated though. What I can come up with is either that their parents are germanophiles (that's probably not a proper word, but anyway) as well, and named their children accordingly. Klavi's real name is something German sounding beginning with a K, but embarassing enough not making him want to go with it... Klaus.

Or both of the brothers are germanophiles; Kristoph's original name was Christoph or even Christopher, and he changed it to make it sound more German, while Klavi made up a new name for himself. Or Kristoph and Klavi are half brothers, Kristoph is half German and Klavi is not and therefore jealous, deciding to change his name.

Perhaps his slightly darker skintone isn't fake tan, as I've always thought it was, but points to his Spanish or Latin american heritage, and his real name is Xavier or Javier. In that case, Klavier could either be a name he came up with himself, or a nickname he got while studying in Germany.

tl;dr Klavier's real name isn't Klavier.
(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)
Re: Crack Theory Thread!Topic%20Title
User avatar

Cause of death is being dummy

Gender: Female

Location: Metropolitan Atlanta

Rank: Prosecutor

Joined: Thu May 22, 2014 12:23 pm

Posts: 812

Fist of Justice wrote:
So Klavi isn't really German, but his name is a German word and his brother's name sounds germanesque. My main theory is that Klavier is a taken name, or simply a stage name.

The existence of Kristoph makes things a little more complicated though. What I can come up with is either that their parents are germanophiles (that's probably not a proper word, but anyway) as well, and named their children accordingly. Klavi's real name is something German sounding beginning with a K, but embarassing enough not making him want to go with it... Klaus.

Or both of the brothers are germanophiles; Kristoph's original name was Christoph or even Christopher, and he changed it to make it sound more German, while Klavi made up a new name for himself. Or Kristoph and Klavi are half brothers, Kristoph is half German and Klavi is not and therefore jealous, deciding to change his name.

Perhaps his slightly darker skintone isn't fake tan, as I've always thought it was, but points to his Spanish or Latin american heritage, and his real name is Xavier or Javier. In that case, Klavier could either be a name he came up with himself, or a nickname he got while studying in Germany.

tl;dr Klavier's real name isn't Klavier.

Klavier = German equivalent of a weeaboo.
Weaboos sometimes go by their internet names IRL.

Klavier is actually his internet name. QED.
Re: Crack Theory Thread!Topic%20Title
User avatar

You know, a Mario game!

Gender: Male

Location: Canada, eh?

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:05 pm

Posts: 1943

Spoiler: GS5, GK1
The phantom is Calisto Yew/Shih-na. Both of them are international spies that are masters of disguise, and if the Phantom was female, it would make more sense, as it's easier to imitate a larger body shape than a smaller one. After being arrested in GK1, she murdered another inmate and disguised them as herself, then escaped from prison, making it look like she was the one who died and the other inmate was the one who escaped. She then killed Bobby Fullbright and took his identity, and the rest, as they say, is history.

My let's Play channel! Shameless plug!
Current Project: Sly Cooper & The Thievius Racoonus
My Twitter Account
Re: Crack Theory Thread!Topic%20Title
User avatar

Cause of death is being dummy

Gender: Female

Location: Metropolitan Atlanta

Rank: Prosecutor

Joined: Thu May 22, 2014 12:23 pm

Posts: 812

dimentiorules wrote:
Spoiler: GS5, GK1
The phantom is Calisto Yew/Shih-na. Both of them are international spies that are masters of disguise, and if the Phantom was female, it would make more sense, as it's easier to imitate a larger body shape than a smaller one. After being arrested in GK1, she murdered another inmate and disguised them as herself, then escaped from prison, making it look like she was the one who died and the other inmate was the one who escaped. She then killed Bobby Fullbright and took his identity, and the rest, as they say, is history.

ADOPTING THAT AS A NON-CRACK HEADCANON
Re: Crack Theory Thread!Topic%20Title
User avatar

Yatta.

Gender: Female

Location: LA, Japanifornia

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:17 am

Posts: 6136

AireyVerkhovensky wrote:
Fist of Justice wrote:
So Klavi isn't really German, but his name is a German word and his brother's name sounds germanesque. My main theory is that Klavier is a taken name, or simply a stage name.

The existence of Kristoph makes things a little more complicated though. What I can come up with is either that their parents are germanophiles (that's probably not a proper word, but anyway) as well, and named their children accordingly. Klavi's real name is something German sounding beginning with a K, but embarassing enough not making him want to go with it... Klaus.

Or both of the brothers are germanophiles; Kristoph's original name was Christoph or even Christopher, and he changed it to make it sound more German, while Klavi made up a new name for himself. Or Kristoph and Klavi are half brothers, Kristoph is half German and Klavi is not and therefore jealous, deciding to change his name.

Perhaps his slightly darker skintone isn't fake tan, as I've always thought it was, but points to his Spanish or Latin american heritage, and his real name is Xavier or Javier. In that case, Klavier could either be a name he came up with himself, or a nickname he got while studying in Germany.

tl;dr Klavier's real name isn't Klavier.

Klavier = German equivalent of a weeaboo.
Weaboos sometimes go by their internet names IRL.

Klavier is actually his internet name. QED.

Now that I think about it, "Fist of Justice" seems suspiciously appropriate for a certain character in a white or red suit.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
Various official AA stuff translations currently in the works.
Updated to include tributes and more to the Yakuza game series. I'm forever trapped in karaoke hell.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com
Re: Crack Theory Thread!Topic%20Title
User avatar

The cape is self-fluttering

Gender: Female

Location: The Bostonius

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:00 pm

Posts: 2793

AireyVerkhovensky wrote:
Fist of Justice wrote:
So Klavi isn't really German, but his name is a German word and his brother's name sounds germanesque. My main theory is that Klavier is a taken name, or simply a stage name.

The existence of Kristoph makes things a little more complicated though. What I can come up with is either that their parents are germanophiles (that's probably not a proper word, but anyway) as well, and named their children accordingly. Klavi's real name is something German sounding beginning with a K, but embarassing enough not making him want to go with it... Klaus.

Or both of the brothers are germanophiles; Kristoph's original name was Christoph or even Christopher, and he changed it to make it sound more German, while Klavi made up a new name for himself. Or Kristoph and Klavi are half brothers, Kristoph is half German and Klavi is not and therefore jealous, deciding to change his name.

Perhaps his slightly darker skintone isn't fake tan, as I've always thought it was, but points to his Spanish or Latin american heritage, and his real name is Xavier or Javier. In that case, Klavier could either be a name he came up with himself, or a nickname he got while studying in Germany.

tl;dr Klavier's real name isn't Klavier.

Klavier = German equivalent of a weeaboo.
Weaboos sometimes go by their internet names IRL.

Klavier is actually his internet name. QED.


That's it.

I am now officially referring to Klavier as Kleeaboo.
"Descole? You don't mean Mr. I-Like-to-Wreck-Things-with-Mechanical-Monsters-and-Dress-Up-as-Posh-Ladies Descole?" -Emmy Altava

Image
...NAILED IT
Re: Crack Theory Thread!Topic%20Title
User avatar

Wassup, witchy baby!

Gender: Male

Location: Sweden

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:22 pm

Posts: 7730

dimentiorules wrote:
Spoiler: GS5, GK1
The phantom is Calisto Yew/Shih-na. Both of them are international spies that are masters of disguise, and if the Phantom was female, it would make more sense, as it's easier to imitate a larger body shape than a smaller one. After being arrested in GK1, she murdered another inmate and disguised them as herself, then escaped from prison, making it look like she was the one who died and the other inmate was the one who escaped. She then killed Bobby Fullbright and took his identity, and the rest, as they say, is history.


Oyes. I've had that theory too, except
Spoiler:
I never thought about how the prison thing would work out, so my theory was that she had managed to run away again.


Quote:
Now that I think about it, "Fist of Justice" seems suspiciously appropriate for a certain character in a white or red suit.


Y-you're on to me...!

Quote:
I am now officially referring to Klavier as Kleeaboo.


:gant-clap:
(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)
Re: Crack Theory Thread!Topic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Female

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:11 pm

Posts: 7882

Fist of Justice wrote:
Klavi's real name is something German sounding beginning with a K, but embarassing enough not making him want to go with it... Klaus.


This is so funny I really want it to turn out to be true. Someone should write a fanfic about it and have Daryan taking the piss out of him for it :haha:
Imagesee how it withers before my flower of justiceImage

Image
Re: Crack Theory Thread!Topic%20Title
User avatar

Wassup, witchy baby!

Gender: Male

Location: Sweden

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:22 pm

Posts: 7730

Louise wrote:
Fist of Justice wrote:
Klavi's real name is something German sounding beginning with a K, but embarassing enough not making him want to go with it... Klaus.


This is so funny I really want it to turn out to be true. Someone should write a fanfic about it and have Daryan taking the piss out of him for it :haha:


Hahaha! Hell yes xD
(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)
Re: Crack Theory Thread!Topic%20Title
User avatar

You know, a Mario game!

Gender: Male

Location: Canada, eh?

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:05 pm

Posts: 1943

What are you talking about? The name Klaus isn't embarrassing! My mother has an uncle named klaus who is German, and apparently he's one scary guy. It actually sounds pretty cool!
My let's Play channel! Shameless plug!
Current Project: Sly Cooper & The Thievius Racoonus
My Twitter Account
Re: Crack Theory Thread!Topic%20Title
User avatar

Mrs. Jughead Jones ♥

Gender: Female

Location: Austria

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Sat Sep 18, 2010 6:38 pm

Posts: 1229

Fist of Justice wrote:
Louise wrote:
Fist of Justice wrote:
Klavi's real name is something German sounding beginning with a K, but embarassing enough not making him want to go with it... Klaus.


This is so funny I really want it to turn out to be true. Someone should write a fanfic about it and have Daryan taking the piss out of him for it :haha:


Hahaha! Hell yes xD


I actually did that a while ago, it was a request for someone on fanfiction.net, but then the request was declined.. sadly, and now it's somewhere in my WORD-files :godot: Guess, I'll upload it later in the future..
What makes a place feel like home? Is it warmth and familiarity? Some idealized, make-believe TV version of the American Dream? Is it love and acceptance? Or is it simple safety?

Jughead Jones
Re: Crack Theory Thread!Topic%20Title
User avatar

The Miracle That Never Happen

Gender: Female

Location: The Abyss of Hades

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:27 pm

Posts: 2

Angel Starr's eyes change color because she is a genetically modified human being.
Page 10 of 16 [ 626 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 16  Next
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  

 Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby

Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum
Jump to:  
News News Site map Site map SitemapIndex SitemapIndex RSS Feed RSS Feed Channel list Channel list
Powered by phpBB

phpBB SEO