Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby

Page 2 of 3[ 87 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 


Re: AAT Dialogue Change ThreadTopic%20Title
User avatar

Breathless night slider

Gender: None specified

Location: Sweden

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:22 pm

Posts: 7593

Somehow I think it's a shame to "fix" such a gem.
(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)
Re: AAT Dialogue Change ThreadTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: None specified

Location: I'm at soup.

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:18 pm

Posts: 1622

Playing through the trilogy when I find this:
Image
For reference, the original line was, "Don't "oops" me! Or I'll be the one throwing my shoe next!"
The rest of the case also had quite a bit changed, though I'll probably get to that later. Meaning never.
"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls
Re: AAT Dialogue Change ThreadTopic%20Title
User avatar

Yatta.

Gender: Female

Location: LA, Japanifornia

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:17 am

Posts: 6104

When you find the time, please do. This is a beautiful cycle we have witnessed.

There were plenty of translation errors or inaccuracies in the original English script. The Japanese script, meanwhile, had already been corrected by the DS release. There were a few mistaken words & name tags from the GBA ver., apparently. hoso_boso's walkthrough & guide page has records on them.

Would anyone be interested in seeing them? I can share translations here, since it's sort of relevant.
Help! My parents are Phoenix Wright & Miles Edgeworth! Er, I mean they're irresponsible drunks!

Click here for the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney Translation Project Blog!
Various official AA stuff translations currently in the works.

Also, click here for the current archive of fanfiction or here for the backup archive. Click here for the blog that updates it.
Includes translations of misc. fan works related or not to AA.
Also, a very popular fanfic ask meme.
Re: AAT Dialogue Change ThreadTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: None specified

Location: I'm at soup.

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:18 pm

Posts: 1622

Eh, might as well do the rest. This is all I can remember off the top of my head. I probably missed a few.

Spoiler: 1-5
Original

Revised
(Completely necessary remark.)

Day 1 Investigation

Ema: Mia... Yeah, I thought it was a little strange when I saw you, too.

Ema: Now that you mention it, I guess it IS more of a woman's name than a man's...
(I take it "Chihiro" can also be a male name as well?)

Ema: You... you were always this way, weren't you?

Ema: Why...? Why are you doing this to me?


Day 2 Trial Former

Judge: Hmm... I, of course, am hard, yellowed, sharp as a tack.
Ema: I bet you stink, too.

Judge: Hmm... then I must be hard, yellowed, and sharp as a tack.
Judge: Yeah, with the odor of an old cheese to match.
(Burn.)

Day 2 Investigation

Ema: Would you mind coming with me?

Ema: Look, we're in this together, right?


Phoenix: (Of course it was our victim who was killed at the Department...)

Phoenix: (Yeah! It was only our victim who was killed in their evidence room. No biggie.)


Phoenix: (It's strange!)

Phoenix: (It IS pretty strange!)
(That was completely necessary.)

Ema: See how I'm marking up the floor plans when we find a blood stain?

Ema: I'm going to mark up the floor plans when we find a bloodstain, okay?


Phoenix: Luminol Testing Fluid information received from Ema.

Phoenix: Luminol Testing Fluid received from one very proud looking Ema Skye.


Day 3 Investigation

Ema: Well, what are wating for? Let's head to the Chief's office!

Ema: Well, what are waiting for? Let's head to the Chief's office!


Day 4 Trial Former

Edgeworth: the Head Detective of Criminal Affairs thought up this hideous beast.

Edgeworth: it was the Chief of Detectives who thought up this hideous beast.


Trial Latter

Judge: Don't "oops" me! Or I'll be the one throwing my shoe next!

Judge: Don't "oops" me! Maybe this boot to the head will knock some sense into you!
(The reference. It's like when Persona 4 Golden made "fsteak" canon.)

Trial Latter #2
Judge: Wait, I'm not the one on trail here!

Judge: Wait, I'm not the one on trial here!
(Aww, l liked that typo.)

Lana: Defense attorneys make up the he most foul lies to defend their clients!

Lana: Defense attorneys make up the most foul lies to defend their clients!


Phoenix: What happened in this trial can either make or break you as a prosecutor.

Phoenix: You can let what happened kill the prosecutor in you, or you can let it help you grow.


Lana: She's a coroner. I think Ema will be pleased.

Lana: I hope she'll be pleased to study under a top coroner.
(But now we don't know the coroner's gender. Ruined forever!)

"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls
Re: AAT Dialogue Change ThreadTopic%20Title
User avatar

Yatta.

Gender: Female

Location: LA, Japanifornia

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:17 am

Posts: 6104

"Chihiro" can be written with many different kanji, so it can be a male name, but a great majority of them are female. I actually preferred the original line there since I like silly Ema and the name "Mia" is almost exclusively female, unless it's a name that's spelled the same but is from a different language.

I'm not sure if I should include any of these examples as notes for my blog project, but there are a few in there that are noticeable changes (like Phoenix's comment to Edgeworth about being a prosecutor).
Help! My parents are Phoenix Wright & Miles Edgeworth! Er, I mean they're irresponsible drunks!

Click here for the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney Translation Project Blog!
Various official AA stuff translations currently in the works.

Also, click here for the current archive of fanfiction or here for the backup archive. Click here for the blog that updates it.
Includes translations of misc. fan works related or not to AA.
Also, a very popular fanfic ask meme.
Re: AAT Dialogue Change ThreadTopic%20Title
User avatar

A Kirby and AA fan

Gender: Male

Location: The Netherlands

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Sat Jan 31, 2009 6:01 pm

Posts: 1032

Slightly off topic, but am I the only one who never liked the "Boot to the head" video? Seeing it made 'canon' now is just odd to me
Image
Re: AAT Dialogue Change ThreadTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: None specified

Location: I'm at soup.

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:18 pm

Posts: 1622

Forgot these, same case, Day 1 Trial Former:

Edgeworth: Objection.
Phoenix: Phoenix: Let's be a little more careful with our evidence, shall we?
Edgeworth: It is you that needs to be more careful, Mr. Wright!

Edgeworth: Objection.
Phoenix: That had to be the weakest "objection" ever, Edgeworth.
Edgeworth: Yet it was still stronger than your ever feeble mind, Mr. Wright.
Edgey giving out them sick burns.

Ema: Note to self: Attorney Wright gets bitten by snake.

Ema: Note to self: Mr. Wright is weak against poisonous snake bites.
Who isn't? Aside from steel-types?

Angel: She gave up trying to use the phone on the wall and just used her cell phone!

Angel: I saw it all -- how she tried the phone on the wall but had to use her cell instead.
Guess they wanted to make the contradiction more obvious.

Ema: Actually, if you combine all the various blood tests, there are millions of types!
Ema: It's practically impossible to narrow a blood sample down to one person!
Ema: Or so I hear.
Phoenix: M-millions of types?

Ema: Actually we can differentiate between millions of types with all blood test out there.
Ema: Which means that we can more or less narrow any sample of blood down to just one person.
Ema: Or so I hear.
Phoenix: Th-that's pretty specific...
The same info with the exact opposite meaning.
"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls
Re: AAT Dialogue Change ThreadTopic%20Title
User avatar

Yatta.

Gender: Female

Location: LA, Japanifornia

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:17 am

Posts: 6104

I've started up a compilation of the most notable changes and will be updating the list as more are added here. I'm boosting this thread, so it's not gonna be forgotten amid all the AA6/SoJ SanJoseMercury news.

Because I don't have copies of the revised versions, everyone, please help contribute to this thread. My list feels very incomplete as it is now.
Help! My parents are Phoenix Wright & Miles Edgeworth! Er, I mean they're irresponsible drunks!

Click here for the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney Translation Project Blog!
Various official AA stuff translations currently in the works.

Also, click here for the current archive of fanfiction or here for the backup archive. Click here for the blog that updates it.
Includes translations of misc. fan works related or not to AA.
Also, a very popular fanfic ask meme.
Re: AAT Dialogue Change ThreadTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: None specified

Location: I'm at soup.

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:18 pm

Posts: 1622

Quote:
Judge: Hmm... then I must be hard, yellowed, and sharp as a tack.
Judge: Yeah, with the odor of an old cheese to match.

And I just realized my mistake now. It's still Ema saying the second line. I must have thought the Judge had dissociative identity disorder. Rubia, you might want to fix that on your blog as well.
EDIT: Another mistake.
Quote:
Ema: Actually we can differentiate between millions of types with all blood test out there.

"Actually we can differentiate between millions of types with all the blood tests out there."

And another change I found from the first trial day.

Phoenix: (I haven't been in court since Edgeworth's trial... It's been a while now.)

Phoenix: (It's been two months, but I haven't been in a courtroom since his trial...)
"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls
Re: AAT Dialogue Change ThreadTopic%20Title

Gender: None specified

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Sat May 21, 2016 4:26 pm

Posts: 20

I'm not entirely sure, but I believe that they changed the conversation Nick and Maya have in the Ringmaster's Room about "what about our guilty clients?"

In 1-5, they also changed quite a bit of Gant's dialogue after he's caught.
Re: AAT Dialogue Change ThreadTopic%20Title
User avatar

Yatta.

Gender: Female

Location: LA, Japanifornia

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:17 am

Posts: 6104

Do you have the actual lines of dialogue? I could add these to my compilation. What's been changed with Gant's lines?
Help! My parents are Phoenix Wright & Miles Edgeworth! Er, I mean they're irresponsible drunks!

Click here for the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney Translation Project Blog!
Various official AA stuff translations currently in the works.

Also, click here for the current archive of fanfiction or here for the backup archive. Click here for the blog that updates it.
Includes translations of misc. fan works related or not to AA.
Also, a very popular fanfic ask meme.
Re: AAT Dialogue Change ThreadTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: None specified

Location: I'm at soup.

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:18 pm

Posts: 1622

Just checked. Quite a lot was changed, actually.

Spoiler: a whole lotta text
Gant: He... told me to open up the evidence room and take it out.

Gant: He... opened his evidence locker, and as he was taking the evidence out, he said:
Makes sense, Goodman was the only one who could open the locker.

Goodman: It's not too late. I'll hand this to Marshall!

Goodman: It's not too late. I'm going to hand all over to Marshall!


Gant: Well, to be honest, I was a little panicked, too.
I had a bad feeling about it, but never knew it would come to this.

Gant: I was a bit taken aback by his words.
I had a bad feeling when he came to see me, but I never thought he'd bring up SL-9.


Edgeworth: You would only increase the amount of blood and you couldn't finish what you started.

Edgeworth: Doing so would have only led to more blood, making it near impossible to hide your crime.


Gant: I didn't know who might stumble in, so I was wiping it up.
I was worrying so much about the floor, I didn't realize my mistake.

Gant: I didn't know who might stumble in, so I hurried to wipe it up.
I was worrying so much about the floor, I didn't realize my fatal mistake.


Phoenix: Detective Gumshoe's bloody hand print...

Phoenix: The bloody handprint on Detective Gumshoe's locker...
Obviously that wasn't Gumshoe's handprint.

Gant: I'm sorry! We couldn't think of any other way to move the body.
We broke the trunk, but what's the big deal?
You pull down a lot more than us detectives!

Gant: I'm sorry! I couldn't think of any other way to move the body.
I broke your trunk, but what's the big deal?
You make a lot more than us detectives ever will!
I figured it out. Gant killed Neil because he cut his salary.

Phoenix: W-what does this have to do with anything?
You're horrible! How could you get Ms. Skye involved in all of this!?

Phoenix: L-leaving the prosecutor's car aside...
How!? How could you get Ms. Skye involved in all of this!?
I kinda prefer the original here.

Edgeworth: So you took the evidence from Detective Goodman's locker in evidence?

Edgeworth: So you took the evidence from Detective Goodman's locker?
Something something Inception joke.

Gant: I feel bad for having to do it.
I couldn't sit around and pick and choose what to take.
Phoenix: Well... you left the jar fragment and gloves.

Gant: I felt bad for having to do it.
I also didn't have time to pick and choose what to take.
Phoenix: So... you left the jar fragment and gloves.


Gant: What are you doing in court?

Gant: Why do you stand in court?


Gant: If you want to take them on alone...
you'll figure out what's needed!

Gant: Oh, believe me, you will. You're just one man.
You'll see what it really takes to bring them down once you try to go it alone.


Gant: You see, if I listen carefully, I can hear it right now...
The sound of a new beginning!

Gant: In fact, I can hear them already...
The melodious sounds of a new beginning!
And thus, Apollo was born.

"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls
Re: AAT Dialogue Change ThreadTopic%20Title
User avatar

Yatta.

Gender: Female

Location: LA, Japanifornia

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:17 am

Posts: 6104

Thanks again! I've updated my list.

Quote:
Goodman: It's not too late. I'm going to hand all over to Marshall!

Is it me, or does this line sound a bit strange? I suppose saying "hand all over" is grammatically correct, but I feel a "this" would neatly fit in there.
Help! My parents are Phoenix Wright & Miles Edgeworth! Er, I mean they're irresponsible drunks!

Click here for the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney Translation Project Blog!
Various official AA stuff translations currently in the works.

Also, click here for the current archive of fanfiction or here for the backup archive. Click here for the blog that updates it.
Includes translations of misc. fan works related or not to AA.
Also, a very popular fanfic ask meme.
Re: AAT Dialogue Change ThreadTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: None specified

Location: I'm at soup.

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:18 pm

Posts: 1622

Rubia Ryu the Royal wrote:
Thanks again! I've updated my list.

Quote:
Goodman: It's not too late. I'm going to hand all over to Marshall!

Is it me, or does this line sound a bit strange? I suppose saying "hand all over" is grammatically correct, but I feel a "this" would neatly fit in there.

Checked again. It is "hand all this over to Marshall!" That was just me screwing up the simple process of directly copying text.

Some other changes in the first part of the final trial day.

Judge: Who'd have thought the picture would have been drawn on the back of the list...
Ema: That was handed to Detective Goodman in the questioning room?

Judge: But Ms. Skye, why did you draw your picture on the back of such an important list...?
Ema: Because that's what Detective Goodman handed to me in the questioning room, Your Honor.


Edgeworth: This is that... thing!

Edgeworth: It's that... that... thing!


Ema: all I could think was, "I've got to help Mr. Marshall!"

Ema: all I could think was, "I've gotta help that other person!"

EDIT: Last one for now, I promise.

Edgeworth: In a matter of just a few seconds Ms. Skye was almost killed, then she witnessed a
Edgeworth: murder about to take place. A little disorientation is only natural.

Edgeworth: Ms. Skye was almost killed before she was witness to a murder about to take place.
Edgeworth: With so much happening in only a matter of seconds, a little disorientation is only natural.
Even Edgeworth must bow down to the almighty glory of the text box character limit.
"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls
Re: AAT Dialogue Change ThreadTopic%20Title

Gender: None specified

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Sat May 21, 2016 4:26 pm

Posts: 20

Here are a couple other things that they changed:

- The first time you go to the Police Dept. Entrance in 1-5, Phoenix now mentions that he's "only ever been to Criminal Affairs next door".

- In the third day of 1-5, it's clearly stated many times that at the time SL-9 happened, Gant was Deputy Chief of Police. The original game called him various things; Detective, Vice Head of Criminal Affairs, etc.

- After the first trial day in 1-4 ends, Phoenix has a changed monologue where he says something like "would it kill you just to say thanks, Edgeworth?"

- In 2-4, right before the whole "show de Killer the tape" part, Mia says "there is one person who hasn't seen all the evidence". In the DS version, she said "there are people who haven't seen all the evidence".

- Some evidence names were changed. The Victim's Note is now "Goodman's Note", and the Strip of Cloth is now "Piece of Cloth".

- I THINK Frank Sahwit's age is now 44, not 36.

If you're looking for even more revisions, try checking out MegamanNG's videos and comparing those to the DS versions.
Re: AAT Dialogue Change ThreadTopic%20Title

This! Is! SPARDA!!!!!

Gender: Male

Location: Downtown Japanifornia

Rank: Desk Jockey

Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2015 9:02 pm

Posts: 54

Upgrader01 wrote:
- I THINK Frank Sahwit's age is now 44, not 36.


You are correct. Sahwit's age was changed to be consistent with his given age in GK2 (47).
Rule number one of lawyer stuff: if it's in the court record, it's gonna show up in the trial.
Re: AAT Dialogue Change ThreadTopic%20Title

The man for your trials!

Gender: Male

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Wed May 25, 2016 5:14 pm

Posts: 49

Turnabout Dave wrote:
Upgrader01 wrote:
- I THINK Frank Sahwit's age is now 44, not 36.


You are correct. Sahwit's age was changed to be consistent with his given age in GK2 (47).

Was there ever a given reason for :sahwit: randomly getting an age lift?
Re: AAT Dialogue Change ThreadTopic%20Title
User avatar

迷探偵

Gender: None specified

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:27 am

Posts: 2222

The Japanese DS script has 44 as his age, actually, so that would be a correction. At least, it's definitely 44 in the Complete Script book of the first game released in 2012, haven't double-checked with the game itself.
"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear
Re: AAT Dialogue Change ThreadTopic%20Title
User avatar

Yatta.

Gender: Female

Location: LA, Japanifornia

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:17 am

Posts: 6104

Welp, I found out where the "36" came from. It was like that in the original GBA, and I suppose they didn't correct it until the DS release.

...Also, this case flies by a lot faster than I remember. The speed of Japanese text games...
Help! My parents are Phoenix Wright & Miles Edgeworth! Er, I mean they're irresponsible drunks!

Click here for the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney Translation Project Blog!
Various official AA stuff translations currently in the works.

Also, click here for the current archive of fanfiction or here for the backup archive. Click here for the blog that updates it.
Includes translations of misc. fan works related or not to AA.
Also, a very popular fanfic ask meme.
Re: AAT Dialogue Change ThreadTopic%20Title
User avatar

What is my liiiife?!?

Gender: Male

Location: UK

Rank: Admin

Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:02 am

Posts: 2504

I managed to use MegamanNG's videos to find the change that fixed RFTA's place in canon.

Spoiler: 2-3
Image

Re: AAT Dialogue Change ThreadTopic%20Title

Gender: None specified

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Sat May 21, 2016 4:26 pm

Posts: 20

Gerkuman wrote:
I managed to use MegamanNG's videos to find the change that fixed RFTA's place in canon.

Spoiler: 2-3
Image


That one line is the most noticeable change, but a few other lines in the entire conversation with Franziska were changed.

Also, the ending scene of 2-3 (the one with Edgeworth talking to Gumshoe) also had a couple changes, if I remember correctly.
Re: AAT Dialogue Change ThreadTopic%20Title
User avatar

Yatta.

Gender: Female

Location: LA, Japanifornia

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:17 am

Posts: 6104

Guys, I'd appreciate if you could gather the lines themselves, rather than just state what was changed. I'd better distinguish the reasoning behind the change.

...aside from the lines for the sake of retcon, of course.
Help! My parents are Phoenix Wright & Miles Edgeworth! Er, I mean they're irresponsible drunks!

Click here for the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney Translation Project Blog!
Various official AA stuff translations currently in the works.

Also, click here for the current archive of fanfiction or here for the backup archive. Click here for the blog that updates it.
Includes translations of misc. fan works related or not to AA.
Also, a very popular fanfic ask meme.
Re: AAT Dialogue Change ThreadTopic%20Title

Gender: None specified

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Sat May 21, 2016 4:26 pm

Posts: 20

Spoiler: 1-4
--Intro--

You... suffered?
And now, the perfect opportunity presents itself.
You've... suffered?
But now, the perfect opportunity has presented itself.


--Day 2 Trial--

Phoenix: (Yeah, I'm sure she'll be happy to hear you say that, Edgeworth. Jerk!)
Phoenix: (Would it kill you to just state how you really feel with a "thanks", Edgeworth?)

--Day 3 Investigation--

Maya: Uh, umm... Mr. Edgeworth was your student, right?
Maya: Uh, umm... Mr. Edgeworth is your student, right?

Karma: A romanticist who could never shed that veneer of amateurism.
Karma: A romanticist who still can't shed that veneer of amateurism.

--Final Day Trial--

Judge: So at the time of the murder, the murderer himself was shot?
Judge: And he left with the second bullet still inside!?
Judge: So at the time of the murder, the murderer themself was shot?
Judge: And they left with the second bullet still inside of them!?


Judge: You mean, THE von Karma? The prosecutor? Sitting right there?
Judge: You mean, THE von Karma? The prosecutor? The one standing right over there?


Spoiler: 1-5
--Day 1 Investigation--

Edgeworth: Chief prosecutor Skye? Yes...We first worked together on a case two years ago.
Edgeworth: Chief Prosecutor Skye? Yes... We first worked together on a case two years ago.

Edgeworth: Yes. Right next to the Police Station downtown. You've been there, correct?
Edgeworth: Yes. Right next to the Police Station downtown. You've been THERE, haven't you?

Ema: Why would they put the detectives so far away from the Prosecutor's Office?
Phoenix: That took almost 30 minutes by taxi... and traffic wasn't even that bad.
Phoenix: This is my first time to the Police Department, actually. ?
Ema: Why would they put the Police Department so far away from the Prosecutor's Office?
Phoenix: Beats me. That took almost 30 minutes by taxi... and traffic wasn't even that bad.
Phoenix: The Police Department, huh... I've only ever been to Criminal Affairs next door... Hm?


--Day 2 Trial Former--

Angel: And the other was...! The defendant, Ms. Lana Skye's blood!
Angel: And the other blood type... matched that of the defendant, Ms. Lana Skye!

--Day 2 Trial Latter--

Phoenix: (You even got the first number wrong!)
Phoenix: (You didn't even get the first number right! AGAIN!)

Gant: Mr. Edgeworth. The victim's name is written write on the top of the report.
Gant: Mr. Edgeworth. The victim's name is written right on the top of the report.

--Day 2 Investigation--

Ema: H-hey, Mr. Wright! Look who's standing at the Head Detective's desk!
Phoenix: (It's Chief Gant!)
Gant: Are you sure this is all, hmm?
Ema: H-hey, Mr. Wright! Look who's standing at the Chief of Detectives' desk!
Phoenix: (It's Police Chief Gant!)
Gant: And you're sure this is all, hmm?


Chief: We checked the drawers, the lockers, the garbage cans, the coat pockets...
Chief: the pillowcases, behind the computer monitors, the coffee machine...
Chief: We checked all of his drawers, lockers, garbage cans, bags, coat pockets, hats...
Chief: under his seat cushion, behind his computer monitor, inside his personal coffee machine...


Phoenix: (The Head Detective looks a little flustered...)
Phoenix: (The Chief of Detectives looks a little flustered...)

Phoenix: This are decidedly different from Detective Gumshoe's prints.
Phoenix: This is decidedly different from Detective Gumshoe's prints.

--Day 3 Investigation--

Lana: Then he was the Vice-Head of Criminal Affairs, but he still worked the crime scenes.
Lana: He was the Deputy Chief of Police back then, but he still worked the crime scenes.

Phoenix: "Second-in-command"? That means the Chief Detective was, no doubt, Damon Gant?
Lana: Yes. Detective Gant and I shared the same office, and the same investigations.
Phoenix: "Second-in-command"? That means the investigation lead was Damon Gant, right?
Lana: Yes. Deputy Chief Gant and I shared the same office, and the same investigations.


Lana: Detective Gant and Prosecutor Marshall were the ones questioning Darke that day.
Lana: The investigation was in its final stages, when Darke must have panicked.
Lana: He waited until Gant and Marshall let their guards down, then fled the room.
Lana: From there, he ran straight to... the office shared by Detective Gant and myself.
Lana: Damon Gant and Neil Marshall were the ones questioning Darke that day.
Lana: The investigation was in its final stages, and Darke must have suddenly panicked.
Lana: So he waited until Gant and Marshall let their guards down, then fled the room.
Lana: From there, he ran straight to... the office shared by Deputy Chief Gant and myself.


Marshall: Chief Detective Damon Gant and his second-in-command, Lana Skye...
Marshall: The investigation lead, Damon Gant, and his second-in-command, Lana Skye...

Chief: Just head across the hall to the other building and take the elevator to the top floor.
Chief: Just use the connecting hallway to the other building and take the elevator to the top floor.

Crumpled Gumshoe's ID Card in pocket.
Gumshoe's ID crushed and rendered unusable in pocket.

Phoenix: (It's hard to believe anyone could keep quiet about it all this time...)
Phoenix: (But why has she kept eerily silent about it all this time...?)

--Final Day Trial Former--

Edgeworth: Who the owner of the "7777777" ID number is.
Edgeworth: Who the owner of the "7777777" ID number is, that is.

Ema: Yes. She was second in command under Chief Detective Gant.
Ema: Yes. She was second in command under then Deputy Chief of Police Gant.

Judge: Chief Detective Gant and Ms. Skye used to be quite the pair.
Judge: Deputy Chief Gant and Ms. Skye used to be quite the pair.

Edgeworth: Apparently the Head of Criminal Affairs used this for his blueprint.
Edgeworth: Clearly, this act of vandalism is the work of a certain Chief of Detectives.

The Evidence List has been updated.
Evidence List restored and updated in the Court Record.

Phoenix: (She seemed to be thinking about something when she saw the picture.)
Phoenix: (She seemed to be thinking about something when she was looking at the picture.)

Edgeworth: The Head Detective of Criminal Affairs didn't even design him until this year!
Edgeworth: The Chief of Detectives hadn't even design him until this year!
New typo...

--Final Day Trial Latter--

Judge: This...is an affront to a senior officer in our nation's law law enforcement agency.
Judge: This... is an affront to a senior officer in our nation's law enforcement agency.

--Final Day Trial Latter 2--

Judge: Wait, I'm not the one on trail here!
Judge: Wait, I'm not the one on trial here!

Lana: Defense attorneys make up the he most foul lies to defend their clients!
Lana: Defense attorneys make up the most foul lies to defend their clients!

Phoenix: Mr. Marshall was not impaled on the sword!
Phoenix: Mr. Marshall was not impaled on the sword at that time!

Edgeworth: Then he broke the jar on purpose, to leave behind a clue,
Edgeworth: A jar that they then broke on purpose, to leave behind a clue,

Gant: He's nothing but a coward! You can't let him?
Gant: He's nothing but a coward! You can't really believe--

Edgeworth: I realized today that I can't change my own mistakes!
Edgeworth: I realized today that I can't correct my mistakes!

Edgeworth: But in order to fight crime alone, one needs a "weapon."
Edgeworth: It's scary, but I've been thinking the same thing for quite some time now.
Edgeworth: But in order to fight crime on my own, I'd need a "weapon."
Edgeworth: It's scary, but I've known that to be true for quite some time now.


Lana: You said, "in order to fight crime alone, one needs a weapon.'"
Lana: That may be right, but think back to today's trial.
Lana: You said, "in order to fight crime on my own, I'd need a 'weapon.'"
Lana: That may be true, but think back to today's trial.


Lana: And because of that partnership, you were able to present evidence that
Lana: otherwise would have gone undiscovered.
Lana: And because of that partnership,
Lana: you were able to present evidence that otherwise would have gone undiscovered.


Phoenix: (Evidence...)
Phoenix: (that neither Edgeworth nor I would have been able to find on our own?)
Phoenix: (Evidence, huh...)
Phoenix: (Something that neither Edgeworth nor I would've been able to find on our own...)


Phoenix: What happened in this trial can either make or break you as a prosecutor.
Phoenix: You can let what happened kill the prosecutor in you, or you can let it help you grow.

Lana: I'd better be getting back too.
Ema: Okay. I'll come visit you!
Lana: It seems we both still have a lot to learn.
Lana: I'd better be going, too.
Ema: Okay... But I'll be by to visit soon!
Lana: It seems we both have a lot to learn, and catching up to do.


--Credits--

???: Maya! Afternoon training's about to begin!
???: Mystic Maya! Afternoon training's about to begin!


Spoiler: 2-1
Gumshoe: The victim grabbed the criminal's glasses as he was being shoved, sir,
Gumshoe: The victim grabbed his killer's glasses as he was being shoved, sir,


Spoiler: 2-2
--Part 1 Investigation--

Morgan: That was it not for Mystic Maya and her assistance, you would surly not have won...
Morgan: That was it not for Mystic Maya and her assistance, you would surely not have won...

Morgan: The past is the past though. Let's us speak of the present now.
Morgan: The past is the past though. Let us speak of the present now.

--Part 3 Investigation--

Phoenix: Have you remembered something about the murder?
Phoenix: Have you remembered anything about the murder?

Phoenix: Where you in this room the whole time when Lotta and I went to call the police?
Phoenix: Were you in this room the whole time Lotta and I went to call the police?

Phoenix: (Why do I feel like I was just made fun of in the worse possible way?)
Phoenix: (Could you possibly be more patronizing...?)

--Part 4-2 Trial--

Phoenix: Are you done yet? You've cause me enough pain and suffering.
Phoenix: Are you done yet? You've caused me enough pain and suffering.


Spoiler: 2-3
--Part 2-2 Trial--

Phoenix: (Whenever there's a nugget of truth, it always seems to peek out at me... Then run away.)
Phoenix: (These seemingly insignificant facts have never failed to lead me to the truth yet!)

Phoenix: Your Honor! It may be trivial, but there should still be doubt lingering in your mind!
Phoenix: Your Honor! It may be trivial, but it does cast doubt on the prosecution's case.

Moe: And no matter how old I get, I'll always be younger you!! WAAAAAHHHHHHHH!! *sobs*
Moe: And no matter how old I get, I'll always be younger than you!! WAAAAAHHHHHH!! *sob*

--Part 3 Investigation--

Phoenix: (But after "that" case was over...)
Phoenix: (But a little after "that" case was over...)

Phoenix: After that case, Edgeworth was in a peculiar state, and he got worse everyday.
Phoenix: Edgeworth was never quite the same after that case, and then, with the case after that one...

Phoenix: It was right after you left to go back home.
Phoenix: It was a few months after you left to go back home.

von Karma: Then I'm going to teach him the difference between right and wrong with my own hands!
Maya: N-N-Nick! Umm... About Edgeworth?
von Karma: And then, I'm going to teach him his rightful place with my own two hands!
Maya: N-N-Nick! Umm... About Mr. Edgeworth...!


--Ending--

Gumshoe: Just like you thought... Yesterday's search really paid off, sir!
Gumshoe: Umm... You had it all figured out yesterday, didn't you?
Gumshoe: Yesterday's surprise raid. It really paid off, just like you said it would, sir!
Gumshoe: Umm... You had it all figured out, didn't you?


Of course... Well Detective, my plane is about to leave.
Do me a favor and try not to be too harsh on Acro.
Once I get back, I plan to stop by the Chief Prosecutor's office.
Gumshoe: Yes, sir!
Gumshoe: I'll be waiting for you! Goodbye Mr. Edgeworth!
Of course... Well, Detective, my plane is about to leave.
As for Mr. Acro's case, you need not worry.
I plan to personally stop by the Chief Prosecutor's office as soon as I get back.
Gumshoe: Understood, sir!
Gumshoe: I'll be waiting for you... Mr. Edgeworth!


Spoiler: 2-4
--Part 1-1 Investigation--

???: You there? Mr. Wright, are you there?
???: ...--re you there? Mr. Attorney, are you there?

--Part 1-2 Investigation--

Andrews: Don't expect me to believe you have been talking to me without knowing how we relate.
Andrews: You aren't seriously about to ask how Mr. Engarde and I are related, are you?

Andrews: I have no idea why Mr. Engarde chose you as his lawyer.
Andrews: I have no idea how he could chose you as his lawyer.
New typo...

von Karma: Run away with your tail between your legs like the ill-bred dog you are!
von Karma: You even ran away with your tail between your legs like the ill-bred dog you are!

Phoenix: Well, if it was Franziska, she would almost definitely say,
von Karma: "I will defeat you this time!" the instant she saw me.
Phoenix: Well, with Franziska, she almost always says,
von Karma: "I will defeat you this time!" the instant she sees me.


Edgeworth: Hmm... This woman is another key to the case.
Edgeworth: Hmm... This woman is another key to solving this case.

Edgeworth: but suddenly, she was called away by a production, and became Juan Corrida's manager.
Edgeworth: but she was suddenly called away by a different show, and became Juan Corrida's manager.

Edgeworth: But there is still one riddle left unsolved...
Edgeworth: But there is still one riddle we've yet to solved...
New typo...

Edgeworth: You think she's a strong career woman? That is just her image.
Edgeworth: You think she's a strong career woman? That's just what she wants you to think.

Edgeworth: ...Her "co-dependency". That's the key word.
Phoenix: ("Co-dependency"... The word most unsuited to describing that woman...)
Edgeworth: ...Her "dependent nature". That's what she's really like on the inside.
Phoenix: (Ms. Andrews? "Dependent"...? Talk about the exact opposite of what that woman is...)

I'm pretty sure the talk topic unlocked after this also is changed.

Phoenix: So, how are "Adrian Andrews" and "co-dependency" related?
Phoenix: What's this about Ms. Andrews having a "dependent nature"?

Edgeworth: Quite possibly because she had "lost her will to live."
Edgeworth: Because she had apparently "lost her will to live."

Edgeworth: She is a person who looks for someone she can trust unconditionally.
Edgeworth: And once she finds that someone, she blindly follows them.
Edgeworth: Without someone to guide her, she feels uneasy and can't carry herself through life.
Phoenix: ...!
Phoenix: And that's... That's her "co-dependency"...?
Edgeworth: She is someone who needs a person in whom she can trust absolutely.
Edgeworth: And once she finds a person, she'll do anything she can to keep them near.
Edgeworth: Without such an anchor in her life, her crippling anxiety stifles her ability to live.
Phoenix: ...!
Phoenix: And that's... that's the nature of her dependency on others?


--Part 2-2 Trial--

Mia: Better stated, Mr. Andrews' co-dependency with regards to Ms. Inpax...?
Mia: Better stated, Ms. Andrews' dependency issues with regards to Ms. Inpax...?

Phoenix: (The secret of her co-dependant nature...)
Phoenix: (The secret of her dependent nature...)

--Part 3-1 Investigation--

Oldbag: Don't devalue my name and turn it into a gasp, you spiky-haired poof!
Oldbag: Don't devalue my name and turn it into a gasp, you spiky-haired pettifogger!

--Part 4-2 Trial--

Mia: But there are people who have not seen them all.
Mia: And those people do not know the "truth".
Mia: But there is one person who has yet to see them all.
Mia: And that person does not know the "truth".


Last edited by Upgrader01 on Fri Jun 03, 2016 12:34 am, edited 3 times in total.
Re: AAT Dialogue Change ThreadTopic%20Title

The man for your trials!

Gender: Male

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Wed May 25, 2016 5:14 pm

Posts: 49

I just remembered, I think there was a dialogue change in the Classroom Trial flashback. The part where a kid yells, "Give me my money back!" is now "Give the money back!", if I remember right. Obviously because :edgey: jumps to Nick's defence, so it wouldn't make sense for him to be against Nick.
Re: AAT Dialogue Change ThreadTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: None specified

Location: I'm at soup.

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:18 pm

Posts: 1622

Okay, I swear this is the last time for 1-5.

Spoiler: long ass-post
>Edgeworth's knife
Angel: Well, I'd say the blade was about 10 centimeters long.

Angel: Well, I'd say the blade was about 4 inches long.
Apparently Japanifornia still uses US customary units. The autopsy report was also changed to note that Edgeworth's knife is 4.5 inches long.

>Footprints on the scene?
Phoenix: If there were bloody prints they would have been found.

Phoenix: Then where are they, Mr. Edgeworth? Because...

> Incorrectly answering what the "second victim's" ID number tells you
Phoenix: (And I'd like to request some straightforward information for once!)

Phoenix: (Give me some straightforward information for a change and then we'll talk!)

>In response to the information screw-up
Edgeworth: I'm sorry! I'm so sorry!

Edgeworth: You have my profound apologies. Sir.

>luminol introduction
Ema: And my sister would never do such a thing! I know it...

Ema: Besides, my sister would never do such a thing! I know it...


Phoenix: Well, whether there was blood stains or not...

Phoenix: Well, whether there was blood on the floor or not...
"It's honestly quite surprising how the first time I went through this case, I didn't notice a single typo," I say, as I continually screw up copying text.

>wrong deduction
Phoenix: Why, the blood stain's location is odd! Elementary!

Phoenix: Why, the blood stain's location of course! It's elementary!

>same scene
Phoenix: Uh, yeah. That's very...useful information to have.

Phoenix: Uh, yeah. And this stuff's pretty handy, too.


Phoenix: And we'll drag that "hidden evidence" out into the light of day!

Phoenix: Then let's drag that "hidden evidence" out into the light of day!


Phoenix: (This luminol stuff is going to come in handy.)

Phoenix: (Guess I should give this a spray on anything suspicious.)

>Goddammit Meekins
Ema: And you wait until now to tell us this!?

Ema: And you waited until now to tell us this!?

>Dialogue option with Suedeshoes
>Talk: Judge for a day

>Talk: Boss for a day

>"just casually giving you white powder"
Edgeworth: You still working on that scientific investigation?

Edgeworth: If you were still studying forensic science?

>Before second trial
Phoenix: We discovered traces left by a certain person in the Police Department's evidence room.
Phoenix: They belonged to Officer Jake Marshall.
Lana: You found Officer Marshall's... traces?

Phoenix: We found trace evidence of a certain person in the Police Department's evidence room.
Phoenix: They belonged to Officer Jake Marshall.
Lana: What kind of... "trace evidence"...?

>Phoenix has no idea what an insulator is
Phoenix: Behold! This was stuck in the locker door!
Edgeworth: How about sticking your finger in instead?
Phoenix: Huh?
Judge: You are rather thin. It just might fit...
Phoenix: (I think my own current's just been blocked.)
Ema: Instead of being sarcastic, why don't you think this through again?

Phoenix: Behold! This was stuck in the locker door!
Edgeworth: How about sticking yourself in instead?
Phoenix: Huh?
Judge: Your presence here is wearing thin. You just might fit...
Phoenix: (I think my own mojo's just been blocked.)
Ema: If you have time to think of snarky comebacks, you have time to think it through again.

>Mia flashback
Mia: Nick! Try thinking outside of the box!

Mia: Phoenix! Try thinking outside of the box!

>Phoenix can't find what's missing from the floorplans
Phoenix: (The more evidence there is, the more wrong choices!)

Phoenix: (The more evidence there is, the greater the chance of me being wrong!)
Git gud, scrub.

>Judge recounting Phoenix's claims
Judge: prior to Officer Meekins being cut by Jake Marshall, who was disguised as Detective
Judge: Goodman, another "incident" took place in that evidence room.

Judge: prior to Officer Meekins being cut by Jake Marshall, who was posing as Detective Goodman,
Judge: another "incident" took place in that evidence room.

>Gumshoe is oblivious
Phoenix: (That last "witness"...)
(He must mean Ema...)

Phoenix: (That last "witness"...)
(AKA Ema...)

>Enter Gantondorf's lair
Ema: Open sesame.

Ema: We're in.
Did Disney file a complaint or something?

>the organ
Phoenix: (That's on the 2nd floor,and this is the 15th!)

Phoenix: (That's on the 2nd floor, and this is the 15th floor of an entirely different building!)

>why was the prosecutor doing at the time
Edgeworth: That day, there were two people present during Darke's questioning:
Detective Damon Gant, and Prosecutor Neil Marshall.
Phoenix: (Gant was there too...?)

Edgeworth: That day, there were two people present during Darke's questioning:
Deputy Chief Damn Gant, and Prosecutor Neil Marshall.
Phoenix: (Almost forgot about Gant...)

>The question that yields a boot to the head when answered incorrectly
Judge: Show us the evidence that ties Chief Gant to the murder of Detective Goodman.
Just remember... It better be good!

Judge: Let's see what Mr. Wright's got. And it'd better be good!
Show us this evidence that ties Chief Gant to the murder of Detective Goodman.
This way, while staring at the list of evidence, the player can check to see what they're searching for.

"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls
Re: AAT Dialogue Change ThreadTopic%20Title
User avatar

Yatta.

Gender: Female

Location: LA, Japanifornia

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:17 am

Posts: 6104

Quote:
Edgeworth: That day, there were two people present during Darke's questioning:
Deputy Chief Damn Gant, and Prosecutor Neil Marshall.

Such bitterness, Edgeworth! Must have been due to the resignation business. He was done with prosecuting.
(I noticed the typo while I was editing my list, so no worries here.)
Help! My parents are Phoenix Wright & Miles Edgeworth! Er, I mean they're irresponsible drunks!

Click here for the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney Translation Project Blog!
Various official AA stuff translations currently in the works.

Also, click here for the current archive of fanfiction or here for the backup archive. Click here for the blog that updates it.
Includes translations of misc. fan works related or not to AA.
Also, a very popular fanfic ask meme.
Re: AAT Dialogue Change ThreadTopic%20Title

Gender: None specified

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Sat May 21, 2016 4:26 pm

Posts: 20

I just edited my previous post with more corrections I found. I might do that again later if I find more.
Re: AAT Dialogue Change ThreadTopic%20Title

The man for your trials!

Gender: Male

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Wed May 25, 2016 5:14 pm

Posts: 49

I was just playing through 3-3 on the Trilogy, and I noticed that they removed the jab at the infamous 2-4 typo. In the original game, Phoenix refers to Elg's lottery win as a miracle, "The kind people like Mr. Tigre like to say never happen.", referencing the classic error. In the Trilogy, it's now "The kind that Mr. Tigre would prefer to say never happened."
Re: AAT Dialogue Change ThreadTopic%20Title
User avatar

Enoshima Junko-chan!

Gender: Male

Location: Canada

Rank: Prosecutor

Joined: Sat Aug 02, 2014 9:48 pm

Posts: 855

I never noticed that in the original English translation!
11037
Re: AAT Dialogue Change ThreadTopic%20Title

Gender: None specified

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Sat May 21, 2016 4:26 pm

Posts: 20

Trialman wrote:
I was just playing through 3-3 on the Trilogy, and I noticed that they removed the jab at the infamous 2-4 typo. In the original game, Phoenix refers to Elg's lottery win as a miracle, "The kind people like Mr. Tigre like to say never happen.", referencing the classic error. In the Trilogy, it's now "The kind that Mr. Tigre would prefer to say never happened."


Umm.. no. (8:03 in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXV3ERTWkAs)

On other news, here's a few more corrections from 1-5!

Gant: Ah hah! An honest-to-goodness what do you mean from the judge! This is great!
Gant: Ah hah! An honest-to-goodness "what do you mean" from Udgey! This is great!

Phoenix: The murder was most likely committed in the spur of the moment. No one in their right
Phoenix: mind would choose the Police Department as a place to commit murder.
Phoenix: The murder was most likely a spur of the moment crime, for no one in their right mind
Phoenix: would choose the Police Department as a place to commit murder.


Judge: What!? That means you... the Chief of Police...
Judge: concealing evidence!
Judge: What!? That means you... the Chief of Police...
Judge: have been concealing evidence!


Also, the description for Goodman's Lost Item Report was updated. "A half-written document dated 2/21. Can only be submitted to the Chief of Police."

Last edited by Upgrader01 on Thu Jun 23, 2016 5:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Re: AAT Dialogue Change ThreadTopic%20Title

The man for your trials!

Gender: Male

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Wed May 25, 2016 5:14 pm

Posts: 49

Upgrader01 wrote:
Trialman wrote:
I was just playing through 3-3 on the Trilogy, and I noticed that they removed the jab at the infamous 2-4 typo. In the original game, Phoenix refers to Elg's lottery win as a miracle, "The kind people like Mr. Tigre like to say never happen.", referencing the classic error. In the Trilogy, it's now "The kind that Mr. Tigre would prefer to say never happened."


Umm.. no. (8:03 in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXV3ERTWkAs)

Huh, that will teach me not to rely on the wiki. :sadshoe:
Re: AAT Dialogue Change ThreadTopic%20Title
User avatar

Kevin Wright: Ace Attorney

Gender: Male

Location: Wright and Co. Law Offices

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:49 pm

Posts: 45

I never noticed some of the changes! Thanks for posting these! They were interesting to read.
Kevin Ace Attorney Image Image
Re: AAT Dialogue Change ThreadTopic%20Title

The man for your trials!

Gender: Male

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Wed May 25, 2016 5:14 pm

Posts: 49

I was playing through 3-5, and I noticed that 'Laurice' never refers to his book as 'Franzy's Whip Lash Splash', and instead, to make it consistent to AAI, he refers to it as 'Whippy Whip Trip'. Also, it might be just me, but the burnt letter looks a bit different.
Re: AAT Dialogue Change ThreadTopic%20Title
User avatar

Yatta.

Gender: Female

Location: LA, Japanifornia

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:17 am

Posts: 6104

I knew that name changed by AAI, even though the Japanese version kept it consistent. I thought it was catchier before and so it's how I call it. But I suppose "Whippy Whip Trip" sounds a bit closer to the source. Either way it loses the untranslatable pun, so it doesn't really matter.
Help! My parents are Phoenix Wright & Miles Edgeworth! Er, I mean they're irresponsible drunks!

Click here for the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney Translation Project Blog!
Various official AA stuff translations currently in the works.

Also, click here for the current archive of fanfiction or here for the backup archive. Click here for the blog that updates it.
Includes translations of misc. fan works related or not to AA.
Also, a very popular fanfic ask meme.
Re: AAT Dialogue Change ThreadTopic%20Title

Gender: None specified

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Sat May 21, 2016 4:26 pm

Posts: 20

Here are some more corrections:

Spoiler: 1-4
--Day 2 Trial--

Judge: Here is the proof that the witness was trying to photograph Gourdy, the lake monster!
Judge: What is the proof that the witness was trying to photograph Gourdy, the lake monster?


Spoiler: 1-5
--Day 1 Investigation--

Ema: But Edgeworth was found innocent!
Gumshoe: Listen, pal, there have always been rumors about Edgeworth.
Ema: But Mr. Edgeworth was found innocent!
Gumshoe: Listen, pal, there have always been rumors about Mr. Edgeworth.


Blue Badger added to the Court Record.
Blue Badger Panel added to the Court Record.

--Day 2 Investigation--

Phoenix: (I should probably get a quick look around the crime scene...)
Phoenix: (I should really get back to investigating the Police Department crime scene...)

Gant: Yep, well, we've had no end of trouble with the boy since last year...
Phoenix: You mean... the incident on Gourd Lake?
Gant: It doesn't look good having one of our top people sitting in the defendant's seat.
Gant: Now, you got someone else found guilty in that case, right, Wrighto?
Gant: Yep, well, they've had no end of trouble with the boy since last year...
Phoenix: You mean... the incident on Gourd Lake?
Gant: It doesn't look good having a top prosecutor sitting in the defendant's seat, does it?
Gant: And you! You got someone else found guilty in that case, right, Wrighto?


Talk topic: Evident incident
Talk topic: Evidence room incident

Gant: It's downright odd, I tell you. I mean, it happened at exactly the same time!
Phoenix: (The murder at the Prosecutor's Office...)
Gant: It's downright odd, I tell you. The detective getting killed on their turf, too, I mean!
Phoenix: ("Their" being... the "prosecutors'", I assume?)


Gant: It's a full-time job just keeping the Head Detective's trap shut!
Gant: It's a full-time job just keeping the Chief of Detectives' trap shut!

Phoenix: (I wonder what it was that he wanted the Head Detective to do?)
Phoenix: (I wonder what it was that he wanted the Chief of Detectives to do?)

Talk topic: Evidence safe
Talk topic: Evidence lockers

Talk topic: SL9 Incident
Talk topic: SL-9 Incident

Gumshoe: Oh, that! That's a radiolocator!
Gumshoe: Oh, that! That's a bug sweeper!

Ema: Mr. Edgeworth... you're back from the District Prosecutor's Office inquiry?
Edgeworth: Precisely.
Phoenix: By the way, Detective Gumshoe was looking for you.
Edgeworth: Oh yes... He brought me some information, it seems.
Ema: Really? Was it helpful?
Edgeworth: Apparently, a new French restaurant is opening near here.
Edgeworth: I think he was trying to console me, somehow.
Phoenix: (Er, I think the report is on the other side, Edgeworth...)
Ema: Mr. Edgeworth... you're back from the District Prosecutor's Office inquiry?
Edgeworth: I am.
Phoenix: By the way, Detective Gumshoe was looking for you.
Edgeworth: Ah yes... He brought me the latest information, it seems.
Ema: Really? Was it helpful?
Edgeworth: Apparently, a new French restaurant is opening near here.
Edgeworth: I think he was trying to console me, somehow.
Phoenix: (Um, the real info is on the other side, Edgeworth...)


--Ending--

Maya: Still, sometimes I do miss hearing Nick and his "objections"...
Maya: Still, sometimes I do miss hearing you and your "Objection!"...


Spoiler: 2-1
--Part 1-2 Trial--

Wellington: They're both 20/25. I suppose you're going to tell me that's terrible, right!?
Wellington: They're both 20/200. I suppose you're going to tell me that's terrible, right!?
This correction was originally made for the EU DS version.


Spoiler: 2-2
--Part 2-2 Trial--

Maya: If you lose, my ghost will come after you with my sis', and we'll haunt you!
Maya: If you lose, me and my sis's ghosts will come after you and haunt you!

--Part 3 Investigation--

Maya: My eyes are tearing up, Nick. Don't make me cry...
Maya: Is it so bad that you can't even look me in the eye?


Spoiler: 2-3
--Part 1 Investigation--

Pearl: And a tiger that jumped though a ring of fire... An elephant that rode a giant ball...
Pearl: And a tiger that jumped through a ring of fire... An elephant that rode a giant ball...

Phoenix: (For someone who's father was just murdered, she seems awfully perky...)
Phoenix: (For someone whose father was just murdered, she seems awfully perky...)

Maya: Really!? So that stoogey clown should be here, huh? He's so kooky!
Maya: Really!? So we might run into that stoogey clown here, right? He's so kooky!

Gumshoe: I always see you hanging around when I'm working a crime scene, pal.
Maya: You always seem to be working so hard, Detective.
Gumshoe: I'd rather not be working hard, but with crime you don't make your own hours.
Gumshoe: If I have to be at the circus anyways, I want to see the lion tamer and the tightrope.
Gumshoe: How is it you guys always seem to know when I'm working a crime scene, pal?
Maya: Because you're always working, Detective.
Gumshoe: Well, I'd rather not be always working, but with crime, you don't make your own hours.
Gumshoe: If I have to be at the circus anyway, I want to see the lion tamer and the tightrope.


Maya: Detective Gumshoe... That's enough about Von Karma. What about that guy?
Maya: What is he up to?
Gumshoe: That guy?
Maya: What happened to Edgeworth?
Maya: You know! The Edgeworth that's Nick's rival!
Maya: What in the world happened when I went back home!?
Maya: Detective Gumshoe... I'm sure Ms. von Karma's really interesting and all, but...
Maya: there's someone else I'd rather talk about.
Gumshoe: Like who?
Maya: Like Mr. Edgeworth, of course!
Maya: You know! Nick's true rival, Miles Edgeworth!
Maya: What in the world happened after I went back home!?


Maya: It must be because there's an eyewitness inside that Lodging House.
Phoenix: Let's check it out!
Gumshoe: Oh no you don't, pal!
Maya: It must be because that's where the eyewitness is.
Phoenix: Let's check it out!
Gumshoe: Don't you dare, pal!


Maya: You're last name is Woodman? *snicker*
Maya: Your last name is Woodman? *snicker*

Phoenix: (So this is what Detective Gumshoe was talking about...)
Phoenix: (Moe was the eyewitness to the crime!)
Phoenix: (Just as we suspected...)
Phoenix: (This guy's the eyewitness to the crime!)


Moe: "Don't say a word!!" I'm just gonna have to let these lips stay zipped!
Moe: "Don't say a word, pal!!" I'm just gonna have to let these lips stay zipped!

Max: Yeah, I head about that...
Max: Yeah, I heard about that...

Max: Exactly. We reached an agreement about the salary from my 6 month old contract.
Max: Exactly. We reached an agreement about the salary for my 6-month-old contract.

Max: Unless Ben and Trilo are together, Trilo can't say a word.
Max: Trilo can't say a word... Not without Ben.

Phoenix: You mean stole one of those posters!
Phoenix: You mean "stole" one of those posters!

Trilo: But he was mocking me! Being mean to bullies was not included in the deal!
Trilo: But he was mocking me! Not being mean to bullies was not included in the deal!

Trilo: But I'll be fair... In this cesspool of human garbage masquerading as
Trilo: circus performers... I found my Madonna.
Trilo: But I'll be fair... In this cesspool of human garbage masquerading as performers...
Trilo: I found my Madonna.


Phoenix: (But she did seem a bit worred about things...)
Phoenix: (I think I'm beginning to see why she seemed... troubled...)

Maya: What is it, Nick?
Maya: Hey! Welcome back, Nick!
This is after the monkey attack.

Maya: Huh? Detective Gumshoe took off already.
Phoenix: Yep. Just leave him alone for a while, OK Maya?
Phoenix: I'm sure he just got lonely and headed back to the precinct.
Maya: Huh? Detective Gumshoe took off already.
Phoenix: Yeah... Probably because we ditched him earlier.
Phoenix: I bet he and the other cops got lonely and headed back to the precinct.


Phoenix's Attorney's Badge has been returned.
Attorney's Badge returned to its rightful spot on lapel.

--Part 2-2 Trial--

Judge: If you're going to prove to me there's a contradiction with Mr. Curl's statement,
Judge: If you're going to prove to me there's a contradiction with Mr. Curls' statement,
Like "The miracle never happen", the typo was caught for the EU DS version.

--Part 4-1 Trial--

Phoenix: Well, I've got the feeling that today I'm going to face off against the real criminal.
Phoenix: Well, I've got the feeling that today I'm going to face off against the real culprit.

von Karma: You seem to remember how to try and grab at an audience's hearts and minds.
von Karma: You seem to have learned how to try and grab at an audience's hearts and minds.

von Karma: See! Even a silver of common sense makes it clear the accusation is ludicrous!
von Karma: See! Even a sliver of common sense makes it clear the accusation is ludicrous!

Phoenix: (Does she even bother to listen to me anymore...?)
Phoenix: (Does he even bother to listen to me anymore...?)

Judge: Y-You... Did you drop it? Did you drop the bust onto the Ringmaster!?
Acro: What are you talking about!? Even if I had wanted to do such a thing, I couldn't.
Judge: Y-You... Did you do it? Did you place this wooden box at the plaza?
Acro: Mr. Wright may have a vivid imagination, but I could never have done what he's proposing.


Acro: Mr. Wright... Do you recall the original location of this bust?
Acro: Mr. Wright... Do you recall the original location of Max's bust?

Judge: For instance, he stole the ventriloquist's ring...
Judge: Oh, like when he stole the ventriloquist's ring...

Judge: If that monkey did not steal the bust...
Judge: Then what happens to this case?
Phoenix: Well, in that event...
Phoenix: Something else must have been used as the murder weapon.
Maya: Well... Hmm...
Maya: Or maybe this bust was the murder weapon... But it was used by accident.
Phoenix: That's possible.
Judge: But let's say that the monkey had not stolen the bust...
Judge: What would have happened then?
Phoenix: Well, in that event...
Phoenix: Something else would've been used as the murder weapon.
Maya: Hmm... Wait...!
Maya: Then you mean this bust was the murder weapon... purely by accident!?
Phoenix: It's possible.


von Karma: The clown saw the murderer! Who was it then!?
von Karma: Who was the murderer the clown saw!?

von Karma: The silhouette he saw just happened to be wearing a cloak!
Phoenix: There's no reason why you couldn't attach a cloak to the bust!
Phoenix: Or a cloak like that could easily get snagged on the bust if they came into contact.
von Karma: The silhouette he saw was wearing a cloak!
Phoenix: There's no reason why you couldn't attach a cloak to the bust!
Phoenix: It would be easy to hang one off of the cards in the bust's hands!


Phoenix: With the shock of impact, it threw up the cloak and it got snagged onto the bust.
Phoenix: That's when the sound was heard by a witness and he took a look out of his window.
Phoenix: The impact of the bust on the victim threw the cloak up, which snagged onto the bust.
Phoenix: That impact also caused the sound a certain witness heard, prompting him to take a look.


Phoenix: Now you know how the murder actually took place...
Phoenix: And now you know who was able to drop the murder weapon from above the scene!
Phoenix: So you see, the only person who could've pulled this off...
Phoenix: is the one person who was able to drop the murder weapon from above the crime scene!


Phoenix: The "silk hat" that Moe saw was actually the bust!
Phoenix: The "silk hat" that Moe saw was actually the bust's!

--Part 4-2 Trial--

Max: Geebus... Unbelievable...
Max: Geebus... Am I THAT hated!?

Max: My my... He's just a little twerp, isn't he...?
Maya: Well, that's one way to put it.
Max: But, but... I'm nothin' but a littl' ol' nobody, ya know...?
Maya: But you're not... which is kinda the reason why...


Phoenix: Now now Detective. I'm sorry. Now, why don't you relax a little.
Phoenix: Now, now, Detective. I'm sorry. Look, why don't you relax a little.

Gumshoe: The result of our investigation... You can look at it later.
Maya: Won't Von Karma be mad that you're doing this?
Gumshoe: Yup! And I've included the forensic results... Take a look at it later.
Maya: Won't Ms. von Karma be mad that you're doing this?


Gumshoe: But everything that's happened in court up until now has gone according to our plan.
Maya: Von Karma looked like she was in a pretty big hurry though.
Gumshoe: But everything that's happened in court up until now has gone according to our plan.
Maya: I don't know... Ms. von Karma didn't seem in control of things in there just now...


Gumshoe: Yesterday, our final plans were put into place.
Gumshoe: Yesterday, our final plans were set into motion.

Gumshoe: Uh huh. That reminds me... I've got a message from the prosecutor to you.
Gumshoe: "Judgement comes at the very last instant."
Gumshoe: Uh huh. That reminds me... I've got a message from the prosecutor to you.
Gumshoe: "Nothing is ever truly decided until the very end."


Maya: What did the mean by that... "The very last instant" part.
Phoenix: Hmm... Everything he said seemed cryptic to me...
Maya: What did the mean by that... "the very end" part.
Phoenix: I'm not sure... It was all very cryptic to me.


Judge: This court is now in session. Shall we continue our proceedings?
Judge: Court is now back in session.

von Karma: I wonder how anyone could think that Acro could kill the man he held in such esteem.
von Karma: I wonder how anyone could think that Acro would kill the man he held in such esteem.

Judge: Pondering whether or not this witness would kill the Ringmaster leads me to
Judge: believe that is pretty much unlikely.
Judge: Pondering whether or not this man would kill the Ringmaster leads me to believe that...
Judge: it is pretty unlikely.


Judge: What was Acro's motive for killing the Ringmaster?
Judge: How about it? Can you explain that to me?
Judge: I would just like to know:
Judge: can you provide an explanation as to why Acro would want the Ringmaster dead?


Phoenix: I'm saying that the target of this witness' murder plot was not the Ringmaster.
Phoenix: He did not plan to kill Russell Berry!
Phoenix: I'm saying that the target of this witness's murderous plot was not the Ringmaster.
Phoenix: Because it was never his intention to kill Russell Berry to begin with!

Another general change is that pretty much every use of "witness'" was changed to "witness's".

Phoenix: Acro... Do you have any recollection of seeing this?
Phoenix: Acro... You remember this, don't you?

Phoenix: There's just one little problem...
Phoenix: Yes, but there's just one little problem...

Phoenix: Uh huh. That's a line in the note alright.
von Karma: Well, then if the note was sent to Regina Berry, it must mean that...
Phoenix: Yes? What about that line?
von Karma: Well, if the note was meant to Regina Berry, it would mean that...


Phoenix: The victim would arrive and try to take away the wooden box.
Phoenix: That's when they'd discover the decisive evidence found inside!
Phoenix: Recall that the victim was trying to take the wooden box away with him.
Phoenix: He was doing so because this piece of decisive evidence is what was inside!


Judge: Regina gave a pepper covered scarf to Bat as a present.
Judge: Ms. Berry gave a pepper-covered scarf to Bat as a present.

Phoenix: Léon didn't plan on biting Bat at all.
Phoenix: Léon wasn't trying to bite Bat at all.

Phoenix: He sneezed because of all the pepper spread on the scarf!
Phoenix: He sneezed because of all the pepper on the scarf!

von Karma: You really plan to say this joke of an accident actually happened?
von Karma: You really intend to say that this is how this joke of an accident actually happened?

Acro: Hmm...
Acro: So it's a "joke of an accident" to you huh? ...
Acro: Ha...
Acro: Ha ha ha... It almost does seem like a terrible joke.... doesn't it...?


Acro: Heh heh heh heh...
Acro: It looks like the coup d'grace in this case was ever so sweet...
Phoenix: But... But... What about the scarf!? What about the note!?
Acro: What about them? Mr. Wright, no offense, but the important evidence here
Acro: is about the death of the Ringmaster. I think you should remember that.
Acro: Ha ha ha ha...
Acro: It looks like you lack the final nail to put into my coffin.
Phoenix: But... But... What about the scarf!? What about the note!?
Acro: What about them, Mr. Wright? No offense, but the only evidence that is relevant here
Acro: is that which pertains to the death of the Ringmaster. You should know that by now.


Acro: Now if you'll please excuse me, Mr. Wright.
Acro: I'm terribly sorry, Mr. Wright...

von Karma: Why are you the most surprised person here!? She's YOUR aide, isn't she!?
Judge: D-Do you really have a-a case to present, Mr. Wright!?
Phoenix: W-Whaaa!? Is he talking to me!?
von Karma: Why are YOU the most surprised person here!? She's YOUR aide, isn't she!?
Judge: D-Do you really have a-a case to present, Mr. Wright!?
Phoenix: W-Whaaa--!? Are you asking ME!?


Maya: Acrobat's always have their lives on the line, don't they?
Maya: Acrobats always have their lives on the line, don't they?

Judge: It's... O-O-Obvious...?
Judge: It... It's obviously WHERE!?

Phoenix: I think it's pretty amazing that you could laugh in your position...
Phoenix: I think it's pretty amazing that you can laugh in your position...

Phoenix: We all know that you couldn't leave the lodging house by yourself in your condition.
Phoenix: We all know that you can't leave the lodging house by yourself in your condition.

Phoenix: Could you please remove the blanket from the wheelchair?
Phoenix: Would you please remove the blanket from your lap?

von Karma: ...I can't believe it... I... Failed!
von Karma: ...I can't believe it... Me...! Make a mistake!

Judge: It doesn't matter now though. It seems as if we've arrived at the truth.
Judge: It seems we've finally arrived at the truth.

Acro: All my brother did... was want Regina to like him. That's why he'd tease her.
Acro: All my brother wanted... was for Regina to like him. That's why he'd tease her.

Acro: I know she didn't want anything bad to happen... I know this...
Acro: I know she didn't mean for anything bad to happen... I know this...

Acro: "Your brother became a star." Regina believed in that so purely...
Acro: "Your brother became a star." Regina believes in that so purely...

von Karma: What do you mean by that...?
von Karma: How... dreadful...

Acro: But... I couldn't just up and leave... I just couldn't...
Acro: But... I couldn't just up and leave... I just couldn't... Not yet...

Moe: Congratulations! Congratulations, Mr. Max!
Moe: Many congrats! But, at max, a million of them!

Regina: If that's true... Then I want to see some evidence!!
Phoenix: Huh?
Regina: Acro said that all the time to you, so I thought I'd work for me too...
Regina: If that's true... then I want to see some evidence!!
Phoenix: Huh?
Regina: I wanna know you're not just making up that stuff about Acro not wanting revenge!


Phoenix: Amazing!
Phoenix: That's quite the goal...

Regina: Umm... I don't know. Maybe the circus would be better of without me.
Regina: Umm... I don't know. Maybe the circus would be better off without me.


Spoiler: 2-4
--Part 1-1 Investigation--

Oldbag: You didn't get nominated last year either, did you?
Oldbag: You didn't even get nominated this year, did you?
This actually fixes a contradiction from the DS version. Earlier, WP said that the Jammin' Ninja lost to the Pink Princess last year, but Oldbag said that WP didn't get nominated the previous year. Now she says that he didn't get nominated THIS year.

Powers: Mr. Wright! I think we... I think we should tell the police what it's going on!
Powers: Mr. Wright! I think we... I think we should tell the police what's going on!

Phoenix: (I guess he has a point... If Engarde is really innocent, then why the kidnapping?)
Phoenix: (I guess he has a point... If Engarde really IS innocent, then why the kidnapping?)

Gumshoe: The guys with the eagle eyes are really lapping it up like they just caught a huge fish.
Gumshoe: The forensic team's having a field day back there.

Pearl: Ah, Mystic Maya! If only... If only I went with you that time...
Pearl: Ah, Mystic Maya! If only... If only I had gone with you...

Pearl: Which means... I think it is alright to trust him.
Pearl: Which means... it's alright to trust him.

--Part 3-1 Investigation--

Gumshoe: I guess that means I'm just gonna half to work here at your place, pal!
Gumshoe: I guess that means I'm just gonna have to work here at your place, pal!

Phoenix: (Yeah! You looked like you were deathly scared until only a few minutes ago...)
von Karma: But I was dragged here by THAT prosecutor.
von Karma: He even went so far as to grab me by the wrist the whole way here.
Phoenix: (There's no need to act tough in front of us, you know...)
von Karma: Regardless, I was dragged here by THAT man over there.
von Karma: He was so unyielding, one has to wonder if he was simply trying interested in stealing my case.


Edgeworth: But with me doing so...
Edgeworth: But by taking over the case...

The guy that gives you Matt's Note is now referred to as "Guard", instead of "Jailer".

Phoenix: "To the lawyer dude. I've got something really important to tell you."
Phoenix: "To Mr. Lawyer dude, I've got something really important to tell you."

Detective: Hey! Hurry up with that, will ya!? Pass that victim's list around!
Detective: ...Now you're speaking nonsense! There's more than 100 people on there!
Pearl: Um... Mr. Nick?
Pearl: Is Mr. Engarde a really bad, terrible criminal...?
Detective: Hey! Hurry up with that, will ya!? Pass that victims list around!
Detective: You've gotta be kidding! There's over 100 people on here!
Pearl: Um... Mr. Nick?
Pearl: Is Mr. Engarde really that big and bad of a criminal...?


Oldbag: This helmet is airtight! No air's get in, no air gets out!
Phoenix: Umm... What does your helmet have to do with anything?
Oldbag: This helmet is airtight! No air's get in, no air gets out!
Phoenix: Umm... Then why do you keep putting it on...?

Here's an old typo they missed. Somehow.

???: ...It seems you were not able to fulfill your end of the bargain, Mr. Wright.
???: ...It seems you were not able to fulfill your end of the bargain, Mr. Attorney.

--Part 4-1 Trial--

Phoenix: The judge's voice rang loud and clear though the dead silent courtroom...
Phoenix: The judge's voice rang loud and clear though the deathly silent courtroom...
Seriously? They changed a word, but they missed the typo right next to it!?

Edgeworth: There is no margin for doubt here.
Edgeworth: There is no room for doubt here.

--Part 4-2 Trial--

Judge: Th-That sounded like an awfully weak "Objection!" to me...
Judge: Well! That was an awfully weak objection for the two of you.

Engarde: You were atrocious as a lawyer, weren't you? Giving your client away like this!
Engarde: What an atrocious lawyer I have -- giving his own client up like this!

Phoenix: (Alright! It looks like they got a hold of him...)
Phoenix: (Alright! It looks like I managed to convince him!)


I'm only including the more noticeable changes. Small things like extra commas and capitalization aren't included. Holy crap, Turnabout Big Top had a lot of errors and missing commas.

EDIT: Another change from "Rise from the Ashes" that didn't really fit in the spoiler box:

Whenever you go to Criminal Affairs in the DS version of the first game, the green-text box says:

[Date]
Police Department
Criminal Affairs

But now in the 3DS version of this case*, it says:

[Date]
Police Station
Criminal Affairs Dept.


They're making it clear that the place Gumshoe and the Chief of Detectives work, and the building where Gant's office is, are two different places.

*For some reason, they made this correction only in 1-5. The green text in 1-4 is still in it's incorrect DS version. (The text of the Records Room is also wrong by the way. It should say Police Station.)

Note: The green text that appears when you go to Criminal Affairs in 2-4 and 3-3 is the same that the one in the 3DS version of 1-5. Guess they wanted to make the text consistent.

Note #2: To the guy running the "GSvsAA" tumblr blog, be sure to check all of my previous posts in this thread for all the corrections I've found. Any new corrections will be on a new post.
Re: AAT Dialogue Change ThreadTopic%20Title
User avatar

Yatta.

Gender: Female

Location: LA, Japanifornia

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:17 am

Posts: 6104

So, yeah, I updated my blog with compilations of this stuff today and I'd really be grateful if people were still contributing to this thread for T&T stuff. It doesn't feel right as a two-parter. Thanks. :3c
Help! My parents are Phoenix Wright & Miles Edgeworth! Er, I mean they're irresponsible drunks!

Click here for the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney Translation Project Blog!
Various official AA stuff translations currently in the works.

Also, click here for the current archive of fanfiction or here for the backup archive. Click here for the blog that updates it.
Includes translations of misc. fan works related or not to AA.
Also, a very popular fanfic ask meme.
Re: AAT Dialogue Change ThreadTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: None specified

Location: I'm at soup.

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:18 pm

Posts: 1622

The very definitely absolute final time for 1-5. Sorry.
Spoiler: final day
>before the trial
Edgeworth: is because there was still room for doubt on this ID record.

Edgeworth: is because there was still room for doubt regarding this ID record.


Edgeworth: In any event, once all doubt has been removed from that list, I can call for a ruling
Edgeworth: on the defendant. Five minutes after the trial starts... Lana will be found guilty.

Edgeworth: In any event, once all doubt has been removed from that list, I can call for a ruling.
Edgeworth: Five minutes, Wright, and Chief Prosecutor Skye will be found guilty.

>"If you look closely, you can see that the knife is broken!"
Judge: In fact, you don't even have to look closely to see that.

Judge: Even I don't have to look that closely to see that, Mr. Wright.


Edgeworth: Huh? Where could you possibly see a problem!?

Edgeworth: And where, pray tell, could you possibly see a problem?


Phoenix: is that this broken knife might be the piece of evidence that was forged!

Phoenix: is that this broken knife tip might be the piece of evidence that was forged!

>the knife was Neil's
As an award, he was given this broken shield and a broken knife.

As an award, he was given this broken shield and knife.

>cross examination 3
(She seems so convinced that Darke was the one holding the knife...)

(She seems convinced that Darke was the one holding the knife...)


(The Blue Badger hadn't even been dreamed up when Ema drew this picture.)

(The Blue Badger hadn't even been dreamt up when Ema drew this picture.)

>deducing the "truth"
Edgeworth: Not only that, but she saw it at a very specific angle.
Phoenix: Knowing this, where could she have seen this jar?

Edgeworth: At a very specific angle, I might add, Mr. Wright.
Phoenix: Yes, well, knowing this, where could she have seen this jar?


Phoenix: he would have had to have been Neil Marshall, wielding the Prosecutor's Award.

Phoenix: he would have had to have been Neil Marshall, wielding the King of Prosecutor's Trophy

>dem bloody messages
Edgeworth: I mean, the possibility that the victim left us a message.

Edgeworth: I mean, the possibility that the victim has left us a message.


Edgeworth: somehow.

Edgeworth: in one manner or another.


Phoenix: (The murderer's name!)

Phoenix: (His murderer's name!)

>flashback to first trial day
Edgeworth: I'm sure you know the two rules of evidence law, don't you Wright?

Edgeworth: You must know the two rule of evidence law!


Securely slipped Evidence Law into pocket.

Evidence Law securely slipped into pocket.

>court resumes
Judge: You see, there is some concern that Mr. Edgeworth may have, ah...

Judge: You see, there is some concern that you, Mr. Edgeworth, may have, ah...


Judge: What!? But there's never been a case example...

Judge: What!? But there's no precedent for what you're proposing...

>that's some shaky ground, Wright
Gant: What else? I'm talking about when your fingerprints are found.
Gant: Yes. If they're found inside my safe, they would prove your investigation was illegal.

Gant: What else? I'm talking about when Wrighto's prints are found.
Gant: Yes. If they're found inside my safe, they would prove his investigation was illegal.


Phoenix: Why else? To dispose of Detective Goodman's body.
Edgeworth: OBJECTION!
Edgeworth: However,
Edgeworth: the victim's body was discovered in the Prosecutor's Office's parking lot.

Phoenix: Why? To dispose of Detective Goodman's body, of course.
Edgeworth: OBJECTION!
Edgeworth: You're forgetting, Mr. Wright,
Edgeworth: that the victim's body was discovered in the Prosecutor's Office's parking lot.

>another flashback
Edgeworth: In any case, on the day of the incident, I brought this to the Prosecutor's Office.

Edgeworth: In any case, on the day of the stabbings, I brought this back here.

>gloating
Gant: I don't gamble unless the stakes are high!

Gant: Here's a tip: never gamble what you can't afford to lose, Wright.

>cross examination
Lana: Yes. That wretched jar Mr. Wright showed us earlier.

Lana: Yes. That wretched jar you showed us earlier.


Phoenix: will have been useless. Even so, I am compelled to bring to everyone's attention

Phoenix: will have been in vain. Even so, I am compelled to bring to everyone's attention


Lana: Normally, i would have,

Lana: Normally I would have,

>"hiding evidence. what is this called?"
Phoenix: Fabrication...

Phoenix: Fabrication of evidence.


Edgeworth: sparing Ema. And here is the reason!

Edgeworth: sparing Ema. And therein lies the reason!

>true crime scene
Lana: No other detective saw the crime scene like this.
Lana: That's because I contacted Criminal Affairs only after I rearranged the scene.

Lana: No other detective saw the crime scene like this...
Lana: because I contacted Criminal Affairs only after I had rearranged everything.


Ema: It's... a handprint.

Ema: This is a handprint, isn't it?
Of course it is. What else would it be? A faceprint?

>Gant shows up
Phoenix: (This must be the "risk" the judge was talking about...)

Phoenix: (This must be the "risk" we were talking about earlier...)
Udgey gets no credit.

>bad ending
In the end, Lana was found guilty.

In the end, Lana alone was found guilty... on all accounts.
Well that's confirmation that Ema wouldn't have been convicted for killing Neil. Instead, she's just continuing through life, carrying the weight of losing her entire family, accidentally taking a human life, and being indirectly responsible for her sister's crimes and incarceration. Nothing too big.

>final clashes
Gant: I did this before Lana arrived at the scene.

Gant: This was before Lana arrived at the scene, mind you.


Gant: and you still tried to pin the murderer on me!

Gant: and you still tried to pin the murder on me!
Phoenix, how dare you try to pin a murderer onto the chief of police! That's just unsanitary!

Phoenix: (It's finished...)

Phoenix: (It's finally all over...)


Phoenix: Certainly, I refused to present evidence at one point.

Phoenix: I admit I refused to present it at one point.

>I'm not crying, you're crying!
Phoenix: we can find the way back to our path. And once we've found our path,
Phoenix: we can move on from our past mistakes toward a brighter future.
Phoenix: At least, that's what I felt, looking at those two sisters make up.

Phoenix: we can find the way back to our rightful path.
Phoenix: And it is from there that we can move on toward a brighter future.
Phoenix: At least that's what I felt, watching the two sisters make up.

"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls
Re: AAT Dialogue Change ThreadTopic%20Title
User avatar

Yatta.

Gender: Female

Location: LA, Japanifornia

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:17 am

Posts: 6104

Quick question: Are this
Quote:
Phoenix: he would have had to have been Neil Marshall, wielding the King of Prosecutor's Trophy

and this
Quote:
Edgeworth: You must know the two rule of evidence law!

both new typos? Thanks.
Help! My parents are Phoenix Wright & Miles Edgeworth! Er, I mean they're irresponsible drunks!

Click here for the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney Translation Project Blog!
Various official AA stuff translations currently in the works.

Also, click here for the current archive of fanfiction or here for the backup archive. Click here for the blog that updates it.
Includes translations of misc. fan works related or not to AA.
Also, a very popular fanfic ask meme.
Re: AAT Dialogue Change ThreadTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: None specified

Location: I'm at soup.

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:18 pm

Posts: 1622

Maybe next time I should try not to type all this up at midnight.
No they're not. Looking at it again, it was:
Quote:
Phoenix: he would had to have been Neil Marshall, wielding the King of Prosecutors Trophy.

and
Quote:
Edgeworth: You must know the two rules of evidence law!

EDIT: And again.
Quote:
Gant: Here's a tip: never gamble what you can't afford to lose, Wrighto.

"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls
Re: AAT Dialogue Change ThreadTopic%20Title

Gender: None specified

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Sat May 21, 2016 4:26 pm

Posts: 20

Spoiler: 1-4
- Ending -
Phoenix: Detective Gumshoe took us out on the town that night.
Phoenix: We celebrated Edgeworth's new found freedom.
Phoenix: Although, Edgeworth was still in detention.
Phoenix: Detective Gumshoe took us out on the town that night.
Phoenix: We celebrated Edgeworth's new found freedom.
Phoenix: Even though Edgeworth himself was still in detention.


Spoiler: 3-2
- Investigation Part 1 -

Butz: Well, you know Bennifer? I followed her all the way to Tibet 2 years ago.
Butz: Well, you know Bennifer? I followed her all the way to Japan 2 years ago.

- Trial Part 4-1 -

Ron: The blackmail thread didn't scare me. It wasn't going to cause me trouble or anything.
Ron: The blackmail threat didn't scare me. It wasn't going to cause me trouble or anything.

- Trial Part 4-2 -

???: Your Honor. When you were in a child, this is what was on your report card every year.
???: Your Honor. When you were a child, this is what was on your report card every year.


Spoiler: 3-3
- Trial Part 4-2 -

Tigre: Tell him, Godot! Tell that guy where to go!
Tigre: Tell him, Mr. Prosecutor! Tell that guy where to go!

Godot: While you watch your caged prey.
Godot: While you watch the police restrain your prey.


Spoiler: 3-5
- Investigation Part 1-1 -

Phoenix: (So says the girl who I can barely hear over her bones chattering...)
Phoenix: (So says the girl who I can barely hear over her teeth chattering...)

Phoenix: (If only because the cavern behind that door is giving off a real supernatural feel...)
Phoenix: (Even I can sense that there's something supernatural about the cavern behind that door...)

- Investigation Part 1-2 -

Edgeworth: ...Before I came here, I stopped in at the hospital where Wright is.
Edgeworth: ...Before I came here, I stopped by the hospital and paid Wright a visit.

Iris: Mr. Edgeworth... Are you his friend?
Edgeworth: Friend? Well... In a sense, yes...
Iris: Mr. Edgeworth... What is Mr. Wright to you?
Edgeworth: ...He is a very dear and indispensible friend.


Iris: I heard he was... in a lot of pain after what happened.
Iris: I heard he was... in a lot of pain afterwards because of what happened.

???: Ahem! M-Mr. Edgeworth!
Edgeworth: Urk... Detective Gumshoe.
???: Oh, wow! It's you, Mr. Edgeworth!
Edgeworth: Nngh... Detective Gumshoe.


Edgeworth: Let me guess... You were transferred into another section at work.
Edgeworth: A good choice. The vast amount of nothing up here must be quite easy to guard.
Edgeworth: Let me guess... You were transferred by HR to the local precinct?
Edgeworth: A wise decision. The vast amount of nothing up here should be quite easy to guard.


Edgeworth: (Did this head nun even see Iris?)
Edgeworth: (So did this head nun actually see Iris there?)

Bikini: I thought she was going to visit Mystic Elise after cleaning up dinner...
Bikini: I thought she was going to visit Mystic Elise after we'd finished with dinner cleanup...

Edgeworth: Yes, I will... I gave her my word and now I must follow through with my commitments.
Edgeworth: Yes, I will... I gave her my word and now I must follow through with my commitment.

Gumshoe: Roger, sir! I know exactly what you're saying!
Edgeworth: Very well, Detective... (Thankfully his diarrhea of the mouth is permanent...)
Gumshoe: You got it, sir! I'll make sure it flows out like water from a tap!
Edgeworth: Y-Yes, you do that, Detective. (Just how much has your runny spout leaked over the years?)


Autopsy Report added to the Court Record.
Elise's Autopsy Report added to the Court Record.

Gumshoe: ...she and Maya Fey headed to the Inner Temple right after dinner was finished.
Gumshoe: ...right after they finished dinner, she and Maya Fey headed to the Inner Temple.

Edgeworth: I intend to appear in court in the role of defense lawyer.
Edgeworth: I intend to appear in court in the role of defense attorney.

Edgeworth: That's why I requested another judge preside over the case.
Edgeworth: That's why I requested that another judge preside over the trial tomorrow.

Edgeworth: Is this how it is for Wright? Is this what it's like to be a defense lawyer?
Edgeworth: Is this how it is for Wright? Is this what it's like to be a defense attorney?

Edgeworth: (His heart was shut tight with a Psycholock.)
Edgeworth: (His heart was shut tight with a number of Psycholocks.)

Butz: I even chased one of them to Tibet... Next it's going to be prison, I guess.
Butz: I even chased one of them to Japan... Next it's going to be prison, I guess.

Edgeworth: That's it? That's all those huge locks were about?
Edgeworth: That's it? THAT'S all those huge locks were about?

Edgeworth: Yes, Larry...
Edgeworth: I believe you saw something last night. Something more incredible than lightning.
Edgeworth: Therefore, Larry...
Edgeworth: I do believe you saw something last night. Something more incredible than lightning.


- Trial Part 2-1 -

Edgeworth: Don't worry. ...I've taken the necessary steps.
Iris: Y-You have...?
Edgeworth: Don't worry. I've made the necessary arrangements.
Iris: I-I see...


Edgeworth: A defense attorney's job is to believe in people, and to believe until the bitter end.
Edgeworth: That's what a friend of mine told me once.
Iris: Mr. Edgeworth...
Edgeworth: You may pass judgment on me from the defendant's chair. You are the one to decide...
Edgeworth: ...whether or not I am able to do the task I have been entrusted.
Edgeworth: A defense attorney's job is to believe in people, and to believe until the bitter end.
Edgeworth: That's what my friend told me once.
Iris: Mr. Edgeworth...
Edgeworth: I simply ask that you watch and decide for yourself...
Edgeworth: ...whether or not I am fit to do the task I have been entrusted.


Edgeworth: ...there are a few milk crates in the defendant's lobby for witnesses with bad backs.
Edgeworth: ...there are a few milk crates in the Defendant's Lobby for our back pain-plagued witness.

Edgeworth: ...the defendant couldn't have been wearing this very hood!
Edgeworth: ...then the Iris she saw should have been missing this very hood!

von Karma: Of course it was. Because those tracks were gone.
von Karma: Of course it was. Because those tracks were erased by the snow.

Edgeworth: I actually have an idea... There may be one individual able to help us.
Edgeworth: Actually... there just might be one individual who may be of help to us.

- Trial Part 4-3 -

Iris: I want to... I want to apologize to you.
Phoenix: Apologize? To me? For what?
Iris: For the case 6 years ago, of course.
Iris: I want to... I want to apologize to you.
Phoenix: Apologize? To me? For what?
Iris: For the case 5 years ago, of course.


Phoenix: I mean, during our whole relationship, we were...
Iris: ...... For those 6 months...
Iris: ...the woman who you thought was Dahlia Hawthorne...
Iris: ...wasn't actually my sister.
Phoenix: I mean, during our whole relationship, we were...
Iris: ...... For those 8 months...
Iris: ...the woman who you thought was Dahlia Hawthorne...
Iris: ...wasn't actually my sister.


Last edited by Upgrader01 on Fri Dec 30, 2016 1:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
Page 2 of 3 [ 87 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  

 Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby

Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Sogou [Spider] and 4 guests

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum
Jump to:  
News News Site map Site map SitemapIndex SitemapIndex RSS Feed RSS Feed Channel list Channel list
Powered by phpBB

phpBB SEO