Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby

Page 3 of 5[ 161 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Re: Confusing Things ~ Mia's Magatama and such...Topic%20Title

Wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey...

I'm hoping I'm understanding this correctly. Are you trying to say that there is no possibility of a romantic relationship between two young boys (which I can understand because that's the cootie age group), or are you trying to say there's no possibility of a romantic relationship between two males regardless of age?

Y'know

From what I understood, Ace Pointer seems to be living in a blissful ignorance, believing that homosexualism is a fiction-only thing.

That being said, how exactly did we change the subject from Mia's magatama to homosexual couples?

[Whip the cream!]

Because the thread has gone all meta: from confusing things to overall confusion.
Gimme a "P"! Gimme an "I"! Give me a "P" and an "E"! What's that spell?! Pipe!

Racing through the sky like a Missile

It's the work of the Ace Pointer. Now I understand what the meaning behind his username really is.

But seriously, if he's differentiating between "gay" and "gay shota", that's understandable. Children before the age of puberty usually don't think too much about what "love" is. They can try to picture it as a sort of everlasting friendship, but it's unlikely they'd truly grasp the concept itself.

That said, there actually are reports of cases where children to try to understand what "sex" is about. It's probably for the best that we not touch into it, though.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com

I would have liked to believe that his problem was with the age factor, but he made that theory impossible with this comment:
Ace Pointer wrote:
It's an impossible tale, actually, WfG. No Male will ever want to make out with another Male or have relationship with another Male. It's basically Impossible. I. M. P. O. S. S. I. B. L. E.

Not to mention that most fans ship the adult Phoenix and Edgeworth, not their nine year own kid version.

So, @AcePointer: That's where you said same sex couples (in this case, male couples) don't exist. If this was a misunderstanding, please explain what you actually meant with that quote.

Winter Flag Trademark

Pessimistic_Fool, I meant to say that Male Couples are basically impossible to be seen on the Real Life. But, since I googled about it and saw some search results, I later found out that Male Couples are real. I didn't believed this till now.

Also, I'm talking about the way they support Adult Nick and Adult Edgeworth Romance, despite the fact that they're only best friends. :dahlia:

This account is dead. Link to my DeviantART.

Last edited by Mayu Igiyooki on Mon Apr 20, 2015 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The video game boy; the one who wins

Did... you grow up in Kurain village, Ace Pointer?
(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)

Winter Flag Trademark

Going for Miles wrote:
Did... you grow up in Kurain village, Ace Pointer?

In case you don't know, this sort of relationship was never ever found out on the news on the country I live. No Same-Sex Relationship on my country. Basically, I also meant to say that, no. I didn't grew up on the Medium Valley.

Your news must be really restricted, then. If nothing else, they should have mentioned the fight over the legalization of gay marriage.

Winter Flag Trademark

I don't think that's the point. (or was it?) We never heard of any Gay Relationship. Neither Same-Sex Relationship, Nor Same-Sex Marriage, nor Gay Marriage to be described in our country.

You know what, arguing over Homosexuality isn't going to do good anymore. It is getting awkwardly ridiculous. I'm stopping this right now. :maggey:

Last edited by Mayu Igiyooki on Mon Apr 20, 2015 6:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.

[Whip the cream!]

I don't really feel like discussing this, but for me, one question still stands: That the mere thought of it would be so impossible that me saying that I knew gay people was an "impossible tale" - why would I even make something like that up?

Edit: Didn't see your post in time before sending this, that you wanted to stop the argument.

Not to argue further but I swear I will never mention this again if you say what country you live in.
Signature loading, please wait...

I can't draw hands to save my life.

Location: Watching you make sprites from outside your window.

Both are wrong. Mia's Matagama is Purple.

[Whip the cream!]

I must say, I always saw it as purple as well.

WaitingforGodot wrote:
I must say, I always saw it as purple as well.

I meant Blue, sorry. XD
Well, At least, I'm assuming "Periwinkle" is a Shade of blue.

After Using the Color picker tool in paint, then highlighting every one of Mia's matagama colors in the little list of colors, they were all listed as being shades of periwinkle, which is a type of blue. In other words... Mia's matagama in her art and sprites is blue. In the sprites, it's just a weird shade of blue that looks Grey-ish.

Ace Pointer wrote:
Alright, I'm very, very confused of a certain Ace Attorney character. Mia Fey. Yes, her. She is dead, I know that. But which is super confusing is the correct color of the Magatama she wears. In every single Sprites/Fansprites, her magatama color is White!! But according to Ace Attorney Wiki...

Ace Attorney Wiki wrote:
Mia Fey's Magatama Color is Blue.

Which makes no friggin' sense! And I mean it! In the Fansprites, they're all White. Even in the Actual Sprites, they're all White. White, white, white. White everywhere! Gah! This is soooo confusing! :nick-sweat:

Not White. XD

Check my posts, it's so not white.

Check the sprites closer, Still not white.

White, white, white. White *nowhere!

Ace Pointer wrote:
sumguy28 wrote:
Ace Pointer wrote:
It's an impossible tale, actually, WfG. No Male will ever want to make out with another Male or have relationship with another Male. It's basically Impossible. I. M. P. O. S. S. I. B. L. E.

If you really think that, then here's a task I have for you.
1. Go to a search engine such as Google.
2. Search "homosexual relationships statistics."
3. Click at least three of those links and read through the pages that are brought up.

...sumguy28. I'm saying "BoyXBoy". Homosexual means "Gay". GayXBoy Relationship is possible, but I never heard about BoyXBoy Pairings being real on Real Life. Never in my life. That is the main reason for me to call it an "Impossible".

The same goes to Pessimistic_Fool. No, I never heard of Same-Sex Relationship. By the way, How did I made any offense to that statement? And also, I somehow doubt that I'm trolling anyone here. As I said, I never, ever heard of "BoyXBoy" Pairing being Real on Actual Life.

Hope you good people will understand what I mean now. :athena:

What I'm assuming you mean is that the kind of over the top and rushed relationship types you see in Shouen-Ai are unrealistic.

If not, let me be blunt, the only other interpretation is that you think a Male cannot be romantically or sexually interested in another male. Which is obviously wrong.

[Whip the cream!]

Pssh, I do think it's for the best not to bring that topic up again. It was a total case of mass confusion and then AcePointer didn't want to talk about it anymore. Not that I'm stopping you, but... Just a thought. :sahwit:

This thread about confusion just caused even more confusion which confused AcePointer...and his confusion made me confused.Damn.

[Whip the cream!]

That's the correct way to put it, yes. Confusion en masse.

Then let's kick this back off with one of the most confusing topics (for me anyway) Phoenix Wright's Tie!

Let me tell you, this tie is so confused. It changes in the same OA. I can't show them all since it'd take the whole page so here's the highlights
In his in-game sprite and in most of the OA it is VERY much pink. Sometimes fushia. as seen below.
Spoiler: In-Game DS/iOS
ImageImageImage

But then in the Rise of the Ashes artwork it MAGICALLY turned red. Now normally I'd say "I guess it's because it's a different art team?"
That's what I would say... IF THAT SAME ARE TEAM DIDN'T MAKE ONE WITH A FUSHIA TIE AS WELL!! (See below) :yogi:
Spoiler: RoA Art
Image <--- Red tie - Fushia Tie --->Image

Now, they must have gotten it straight after that mistake right? ...Nope :3
Spoiler: JFA Box art
Image <--- Red on the front
Image <--- Pink on the Back
Image <--- EU and AUS is Pink
Image <--- US is confused and is a washed out red/pink

Now, you'd think they'd find consistency right? Nope! :D
Spoiler: UMvsC3
Image This is 100% red... I've seen the model in 3d software and its textures.

Ok, that's not an OFFICIALLY part of the phoenix world so maybe its a crazy alternate reality Phoenix that wears a red tie! So lets flash forward 7 years. IT'S GOTTA BE RIGHT FOR WRIGHT NOW RIGHT!?
Well, Phoenix's tie remains pink for the most part in Dual destinies artwork BUT in the trilogy art work it changes to a much lighter shade of pink (below)
Spoiler: Trilogy OA

EDIT: Almost forgot this official piece of merchandise from capcom, here
Spoiler: Shirt
Red tie again. But the shirt misplaced the badge on the upper lapel soooo capcom already failed on this :oops:

So... What would you say the explanation for this is? Lighting? A large tie collection on-the-go? Indecisive artists? Let me know what'ya think. :basil:

Winter Flag Trademark

Amazing and Confusing. :-P Not to mention, Congratulations! You're the 100th Poster on this Thread! :gant-clap:

Anyways, you got these images from the Capcom Website or something. Methinks that this is so the Fuchsia Tie will be on the Japanese one and the Red on the American Copy. Or it is just an artistic goof. Again. Anyone care to give their statements about this "Tie" Confusion?

I see the fuschia one as the "real" one because when I think of Phoenix clothes, that's the one I see before me. But maybe he just likes to change things up every once in a while.

Ace Pointer wrote:
Amazing and Confusing. :-P Not to mention, Congratulations! You're the 100th Poster on this Thread! :gant-clap:

Anyways, you got these images from the Capcom Website or something. Methinks that this is so the Fuchsia Tie will be on the Japanese one and the Red on the American Copy. Or it is just an artistic goof. Again. Anyone care to give their statements about this "Tie" Confusion?

Didn't notice xD thanks? :sillytrucy:
But yeah all of these are Official Art from Capcom, even the T-Shirt. Mostly the Box art full bodies and the promotional art.
The red on the front and pink on the back are for the same JP release of GK2 (JFA) so it's and artist goof but the interesting part is that
it happened on the same box and no one caught it. and it's not the first time they drew things in groups with two tie colors i.e. the Rise from the ashes art.
JFA box art is just a more blatant contrast color wise.

Going for Miles wrote:
I see the fuschia one as the "real" one because when I think of Phoenix clothes, that's the one I see before me. But maybe he just likes to change things up every once in a while.

I will forever be a believer in the pink/fuschia tie aswell. But I can't deny the existence of his red tie either. My guess would be that artists who don't pay attention to his tie's color thinks "Blue suit? what goes with blue? Red! I'll make it red!". That's what I think atleast. Fashion trendy switchin' it up phoenix sounds interesting too though.

Y'know

Mia's magatama is red... white... blue... :redd:

Silverbelle wrote:
Then let's kick this back off with one of the most confusing topics (for me anyway) Phoenix Wright's Tie!

Let me tell you, this tie is so confused. It changes in the same OA. I can't show them all since it'd take the whole page so here's the highlights
In his in-game sprite and in most of the OA it is VERY much pink. Sometimes fushia. as seen below.
Spoiler: In-Game DS/iOS
ImageImageImage

But then in the Rise of the Ashes artwork it MAGICALLY turned red. Now normally I'd say "I guess it's because it's a different art team?"
That's what I would say... IF THAT SAME ARE TEAM DIDN'T MAKE ONE WITH A FUSHIA TIE AS WELL!! (See below) :yogi:
Spoiler: RoA Art
Image <--- Red tie - Fushia Tie --->Image

Now, they must have gotten it straight after that mistake right? ...Nope :3
Spoiler: JFA Box art
Image <--- Red on the front
Image <--- Pink on the Back
Image <--- EU and AUS is Pink
Image <--- US is confused and is a washed out red/pink

Now, you'd think they'd find consistency right? Nope! :D
Spoiler: UMvsC3
Image This is 100% red... I've seen the model in 3d software and its textures.

Ok, that's not an OFFICIALLY part of the phoenix world so maybe its a crazy alternate reality Phoenix that wears a red tie! So lets flash forward 7 years. IT'S GOTTA BE RIGHT FOR WRIGHT NOW RIGHT!?
Well, Phoenix's tie remains pink for the most part in Dual destinies artwork BUT in the trilogy art work it changes to a much lighter shade of pink (below)
Spoiler: Trilogy OA

EDIT: Almost forgot this official piece of merchandise from capcom, here
Spoiler: Shirt
Red tie again. But the shirt misplaced the badge on the upper lapel soooo capcom already failed on this :oops:

So... What would you say the explanation for this is? Lighting? A large tie collection on-the-go? Indecisive artists? Let me know what'ya think. :basil:

I'd say, since the game is based on reality for the most part...

Phoenix isn't wearing the exact same suit every day. I like to pretend it's a slightly different suit every time.

But. I guess you're right, it is pink red pink red pink red everywhere. I can't explain that.

Maybe someone told him he should wear a different suit,and since he is really attached to that one he just changes the tie?

Enoshima Junko-chan!

Spoiler: 2-2
One thing that really confused me was the hole in Maya's sleeve. When you point out the hole, the judge notices that he smells gunpowder, so Phoenix concludes that it's a bullet hole. But since the judge said he smelled gunpowder, I assumed there was a gunpowder burn on the sleeve, which is why I couldn't figure out that the bullet hole was made from a distance.

MBr wrote:
Spoiler: 2-2
One thing that really confused me was the hole in Maya's sleeve. When you point out the hole, the judge notices that he smells gunpowder, so Phoenix concludes that it's a bullet hole. But since the judge said he smelled gunpowder, I assumed there was a gunpowder burn on the sleeve, which is why I couldn't figure out that the bullet hole was made from a distance.

Spoiler:
Gunpowder can go pretty far, but a much more noticeable amount of burn appears when the gun is fired at point-blank. The difference in distance in this case isn't very much to begin with, but it makes all the difference, so to speak.

The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu

Enoshima Junko-chan!

Spoiler: 3-3
Shouldn't Tigre have known what the real bottle of poison looked like because he was at the trial the month before?

MBr wrote:
Spoiler: 3-3
Shouldn't Tigre have known what the real bottle of poison looked like because he was at the trial the month before?

Spoiler:
Of course he knew what the bottle was. It's exactly why he was caught, by a slip of the tongue.

And I suggest sending these kinds of questions to the "I want to know one thing" thread. This thread is a slightly different topic.

Edit: Wait, why don't we have one for general AA questions stickied?

Winter Flag Trademark

Today's article: Popularity

I'm actually quite surprised to see Godot become that famous to AA Fans; even though he's a Prosecutor- Antagonist and appeared only ONCE in GS3. I'm not sure I understand this sort of fandom. :think-pw:

I mean; Come on- He's an antagonist/prosecutor that appeared on GS3. And everyone just makes fangames that have something like Godot is free from prison and came to the court to do battle with Nick. Seriously. What has made him more famous than the main protagonists of the entire GS Series?

Coffee and sexyness :godot:

Seriously though, I think he just resonates well with people because he's a quite interesting and special character that you remember after you've put down the game, especially since he's not just the antagonist - his role in the game and to the characters he gets involved with is a bit more complex than that, especially looking at case 3-5. He's got a story. And he's very quotable. And a bit of a douche. Fans usually like the douches, for some reason.

Winter Flag Trademark

Well, none of the fans wrote any FanFics of AA about or that has Lotta in it- despite being the fact she appeared on 3 games! And just a coffee-maniac prosecutor has came into one AA game, everyone started ficting him. What an oddity. :welly:

By the way, don't you mean "Douchebag" instead of just plain ol' "Douche"?

[Whip the cream!]

I like the fact that I actually felt sad when bringing him down, it wasn't this "ha...!"-satisfaction, but rather a "damn, I have to do this, you brought it on yourself and did some really stupid things, Godot, but still I'm sad it has to end like this".

Also, the fact that people like rivals and characters that don't appear as much... I can only speak for myself, but I often find myself really enjoying, say, characters that are a bit weird, sometimes hard to relate to, that it's harder to get a grasp on and aren't these cheerfull all-around-good-guys (even if I like that sort of characters as well, but it's more "I'd love to hang out with these people", while people like, say, Godot make me fascinated instead).

...And then there's the fact that he inspires this sort of frothing desire among the masses. :eh?: Which I bet doesn't make him less popular among certain people, that is.

Enoshima Junko-chan!

Godot is memorable and has a significant impact on the story. When Lotta shows up, you look at her photos and point out the contradictions.

You know, Clay is very popular too, despite his only speaking part being during a flashback. I suppose, like Godot, his affect on other characters is memorable (though in Clay's case it's just Apollo).

Plus, Godot's fate is left open to us to debate.

Personally, I consider him a tragic villain. It's because of him that 3-5 happened.

He appeared only once,but he was still a great character.character. Oldbag and Lotta may have appeared in a lot of games but they aren't just as memorable as him.

For me, I find it hard to like godot that much, and I can give the reasons why.
Spoiler: T&T
He repeatedly called Phoenix, Trite. Even though it was never funny to begin with, though the pay off at the end when he calls you Wright did make up for some of the annoyance (nice chekov's gun). But a bit like Franziska in JFA, I find him kinda destracting, repeatedly pulling the attention on him to go on a tangent. With an occasional funny metaphor bounced off phoenix.

But honestly all of that is rather nit-picky. The real part where I'm very conflicted on his character starts at 3-5.
In 3-4 we got to see Diego who seemed like a nice guy who always tried to stay positive.
But in 3-5, his plan... Is truly unforgivable really. He knew fully well the day and time of intent on murder, and who was going to do it. But instead he gathers Misty and Iris, tells Misty ("Instead of revealing yourself to your daughter I want you to distract Pearl, and if that doesn't work. I want you protect your daughter you hid from for 18 years by channeling the person who wants to murder your daughter." "Wait, wouldn't that basically be the same thing as Pearl going then?" "No, because then I'll have to kill a 9 year old instead of the mother of the girl I'm trying to protect in-place of Mia" "But can't I just tell Pearl about her Mothers intentions as the revealed Misty Fey and reunite with my daughter alive?" "No, because then Bridge to turnabout wouldn't even happen. Look lady, I gotta kill somebody in place of Redd White so get going.")
(Don't get me wrong on this either. Misty REALLY shoulda been smarter than to go with a plan like this too.)

So in short, when it comes down to taking him down, I can't say he didn't deserve it. He obviously didn't actually care about Maya or else he wouldn't have killed her only living non-cousin/arrested aunt family.

and for putting Maya through that, I can't forgive his character. His story was sad, and perhaps he had good intentions at one point. But the man who murdered Misty had none.

In short, without my ramblings. Godot is a very memorable character who, if you enjoy metaphors and coffee (literally ) being thrown at you then you're sure to find him charming.
He is your "final boss" of the game. But he feels nothing like the previous two(or three with RftA). The man you're taking down this time is a broken man who should have died 3 years ago. He isn't trying to stay out of the laws grip like the others. He just never believed you had what it took to put him away like Mia could have. In-fact, more than anything I believe he wanted to be put away, to be reminded that Mia didn't die in vain.

His final moments are where I personally warmed up to him. But like I said earlier. I can never forgive his plan or say he was noble in his actions. Other than that, he is a well developed character who has a lot of ambiguity still left in him that makes you want to know more about him, and what happened to him unlike Lotta who has appeared in several games but always equates to I'm now an X photographer>I took X photo of X part of murder scenario that is out of focus and confusing>Point out contradictions in photo>Southern talk>See you in the next game.

[Whip the cream!]

Silverbelle wrote:
In 3-4 we got to see Diego who seemed like a nice guy who always tried to stay positive.

Spoiler:
Yup, that plan was dreadful. I mean, I like Godot, heck, I love the guy (even though I fully understand why one wouldn't, and he pisses me off a lot of times), but that plan... That damn plan.
Although, concerning Diego being quite positive and all... I certainly wouldn't be a nice guy after being poisoned, losing years of my life, waking up having lost a loved one, being all alone with a ruined body. I would be bitter as hell, even though he certainly takes it out on the wrong person... which is one thing that pisses me off.

WaitingforGodot wrote:
Silverbelle wrote:

Spoiler:
Yup, that plan was dreadful. I mean, I like Godot, heck, I love the guy (even though I fully understand why one wouldn't, and he pisses me off a lot of times), but that plan... That damn plan.
Although, concerning Diego being quite positive and all... I certainly wouldn't be a nice guy after being poisoned, losing years of my life, waking up having lost a loved one, being all alone with a ruined body. I would be bitter as hell, even though he certainly takes it out on the wrong person... which is one thing that pisses me off.

Spoiler:
Oh, I may have worded that badly. What I meant was that he was a nice character in the past. He was a symphathetic character you could care for and you can tell just by the way Mia used his "Smile til the very bitter end policy" that Mia cared for him, whether it was love or not. I felt for him at the end of 3-4. But I didn't feel sorry for him at the end of 3-5. I did feel pity. and I feel bad he has to serve what little of his life he has left in jail, but like Acro. They both did unforgivable actions. Even if they're considered in my book. "Victims of circumstances".
Page 3 of 5 [ 161 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby