Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby

Page 1 of 5[ 191 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

What if...? idea *SPOILERS*Topic%20Title

So, I was replaying case 1-2 today and got to Grossbergs confession, and it got me thinking.
You know those “What if?” series comic books do?
Well, what if there was a game/spin-off where you played as Edgeworth as a defense attorney?
Think about it. Think about a world where say, DL-6 never happened.

- von Karma would never have shot Gregory and so Gregory would be alive but so would von Karma since now he’d never be convicted.
- Yanni Yogi would be living his days happily with his wife Polly and could be a great asset to Miles even.
- Miles would be much more enthusiastic and optimistic.
- Franziska would be an only child with no competition (could be interesting)
- Misty wouldn’t leave town because she was never hired for channeling Gregory
- Miles wouldn’t be against spirit mediums and may believe in them.
- Mia wouldn’t investigate into White and die because DL-6 and the blackmail with grossberg would never have happened
- Mia may or may not have become a Lawyer. Most likely preventing Diego’s death either way. and still able to meet.
- Phoenix and Larry would still be great friends with Miles without a time gap because Miles never moved away with von Karma.
- Phoenix could be an art student but he could also be Mile’s partner in law and would give an interesting non-teenage girl dynamic.
- Robert Hammonds would live!! (Not that anyone cares.)
- Who would de Killer kidnap if Miles was the one to take on the case of Matt?
- and really so much more…

All of the Phoenix Wright series we know happened because of DL-6. and all of it wouldn’t exist like it does if it didn’t happen. and honestly I’d kinda like to see this alternate reality. Even if it wasn’t a full game. Even just a demo with one case…

So what do you think, would you play a game with this kind of “What if?” scenario?
Re: What if...? idea *SPOILERS*Topic%20Title

The video game boy; the one who wins

"- Miles would be much more enthusiastic and optimistic." But would he really? He'd certainly be much more at ease, but he seemed quite serious and stuck-up even as a kid.

"- Phoenix and Larry would still be great friends with Miles without a time gap because Miles never moved away with von Karma." Or their friendship would just end naturally and anti-climactic.

It's interesting as food for thought as so many things would change, as a game though it might feel a bit contrived to come up with an actual plot based on a scenario removing a lot of the plot, especially as it drove together many of the characters, and both Phoenix and presumably Mia became lawyers as an indirect consequence of it.

Another thing I thought of though: what would happen to Miles if he hadn't become von Karma's apprentice? Would he become a lawyer just like his dad as he wanted to, or would he rub that off as a childhood dream and go rebellious and... open up his own organic bakery or something?

Also, it would be nice to see what'd happen to Shigaraki in a timeline like this.
(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)

[Whip the cream!]

Silverbelle wrote:

But... but... aww... :sadshoe:
Gimme a "P"! Gimme an "I"! Give me a "P" and an "E"! What's that spell?! Pipe!

Winter Flag Trademark

Quote:
- Mia may or may not have become a Lawyer. Most likely preventing Diego’s death either way. and still able to meet.

...If that's the case, then a very big question rises: WHO will be the mentor/protege of Nick later when he becomes a Defense Attorney?

Quote:
Phoenix could be an art student but he could also be Mile’s partner in law and would give an interesting non-teenage girl dynamic.

Huh? But didn't Nick wanted to be a Lawyer so he could meet Edgeworth later and help others when they're in trouble (aka Accused of Crime)? Or are you meaning to say that Edgeworth will be the main defense attorney and Nick will be his co-counsel? Which one? :ron:

This account is dead. Link to my DeviantART.

Last edited by Mayu Igiyooki on Tue Apr 21, 2015 8:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

[Whip the cream!]

What if Miles Edgeworth was! The mentor.

Going for Miles wrote:
"- Miles would be much more enthusiastic and optimistic." But would he really? He'd certainly be much more at ease, but he seemed quite serious and stuck-up even as a kid.

"- Phoenix and Larry would still be great friends with Miles without a time gap because Miles never moved away with von Karma." Or their friendship would just end naturally and anti-climactic.

It's interesting as food for thought as so many things would change, as a game though it might feel a bit contrived to come up with an actual plot based on a scenario removing a lot of the plot, especially as it drove together many of the characters, and both Phoenix and presumably Mia became lawyers as an indirect consequence of it.

Another thing I thought of though: what would happen to Miles if he hadn't become von Karma's apprentice? Would he become a lawyer just like his dad as he wanted to, or would he rub that off as a childhood dream and go rebellious and... open up his own organic bakery or something?

Also, it would be nice to see what'd happen to Shigaraki in a timeline like this.

- "But would he really? He'd certainly be much more at ease, but he seemed quite serious and stuck-up even as a kid." I wouldn't expect him to pull a 180. But von Karma definitely had an influence on him. and without him in his life. The most logical answer for me would be that he would naturally retain some of his "I want to be a defense attorney!" attitude that had been shown and not "Perfection" persona that he picked up from von Karma.

- "Or their friendship would just end naturally and anti-climactic." That'd be fine too, as long as the writers knew where to go with it and it didn't feel tacked on like a last minute effort to change up his story. I wanna see the world IF he became a defense attorney and DL-6 didn't happen. If Phoenix, Larry and Edgeworth break apart in that reality then that's exactly what I want to see. and where it goes.

- "especially as it drove together many of the characters, and both Phoenix and presumably Mia became lawyers as an indirect consequence of it. "
I 100% agree that DL-6 drove these characters together. That's why I said that DL-6 is basically the reason PW is PW. But just because DL-6 didn't happen doesn't mean these characters would just end. That's where the butterfly effect could kick in and literally make anything happen. Just like DL-6 caused PW to become PW, DL-6 not happening would cause just as much of an impact that could an interesting world in a stark contrast to original PW's world.

- "what would happen to Miles if he hadn't become von Karma's apprentice? Would he become a lawyer just like his dad as he wanted to, or would he rub that off as a childhood dream and go rebellious and... open up his own organic bakery or something?" Oh my god... Baker Edgeworth... :gant-clap:
Anywho, yeah there's nothing stopping that from happening since, again, the butterfly effect. But that doesn't mean he can't be put into the role of Attorney along the way. Sometimes you gotta Bake a cake before you can defend a client.
I imagine it would drive business quite well "Free cakes for clients" :edgey:

WaitingforGodot wrote:
Silverbelle wrote:

But... but... aww... :sadshoe:

Sorry Robert [insert non-existant Robert Hammonds emoticons]
I just noticed a serious shortage of Robert Hammonds emotes. Poor old Hammond...
Ace Pointer wrote:
Quote:

...If that's the case, then a very big question rises: WHO will be the mentor/protege of Nick later when he becomes a Defense Attorney?

Quote:
Phoenix could be an art student but he could also be Mile’s partner in law and would give an interesting non-teenage girl dynamic.

Huh? But didn't Nick wanted to be a Lawyer so he could meet Edgeworth later and help others when they're in trouble (aka Accused of Crime)? Or are you meaning to say that Edgeworth will be the main defense attorney and Nick will be his co-counsel? Which one? :ron:

I meant co-counsel, like Maya. Phoenix did say that Larry and Miles inspired him that day in the classroom. Miles following through on that dream would only inspire Phoenix more in my eyes.

All conjecture of course though.

WaitingforGodot wrote:
What if Miles Edgeworth was! The mentor.

Sounds reasonable, the only thing is. Who would he be mentoring? If it's Phoenix, then it would be mostly a re-hash of the 1st game slightly. Unless the butterfly effect seriously alters the world (maybe defending Mia or Diego though, who knows).

[Whip the cream!]

Poor Robert indeed... Now I'm all "I promise, Robert, I would care!"

And... yes... perhaps so, about the mentoring thing. It was really something I just typed out on a whim. I'm not good with these what if-things, haha!

Quote:
Sometimes you gotta Bake a cake before you can defend a client.

That's a wonderful proverb. :will:

Winter Flag Trademark

Going for Miles wrote:
Quote:
Sometimes you gotta Bake a cake before you can defend a client.

That's a wonderful proverb. :will:

Actually, that quote made me burst into laughter for a while. It's hiLARRYous. :april: (Oops, looks like I punned. Again.)

@Silverbelle: Are you sure Edgeworth will open a Baking Shop? From what I saw these far, Edgeworth is always seen in cold blood (No Smile on his face for a long time.). I think he would get pretty angry to keep serving them with cakes.

[Whip the cream!]

Miles Edgeworth - Ace grumpy baker. I'd play that game.

Winter Flag Trademark

WaitingforGodot wrote:
Miles Edgeworth - Ace grumpy baker. I'd play that game.

Be careful. Make sure he doesn't get his anger bar full, as he may later throw stuff in the kitchen and... Who knows? May even demolish the fourth wall by complaining/shouting at you or throwing stuff at you like Victor on T&T? :lana:

[Whip the cream!]

Alright, that sounds quite dangerous! I probably would think twice about buying it then. Wouldn't want that to happen!

And in 3D at that... *shudders*

Winter Flag Trademark

Going for Miles wrote:
And in 3D at that... *shudders*

Especially if you're wearing 3D Goggles while you're playing that. You'll get a massive SHOCK if you get to the Grand Edgeworth Breakdown. xD

It starts innocently with a handful of flour... then the kitchen tools... until you get a whole oven ba-donking against you.

[Whip the cream!]

:gant-clap2:

And, to break the fourth wall further, your 3D-goggles will go :spload: !

(I find the idea of Edgeworth having a breakdown too amusing...)

So... the what-ifs lead to... a scary baking game? Who knew?

Well, if you think about it, that is the only logical conclusion.

Going for Miles wrote:

So true... Edgeworth would be proud of our logical deduction skillz. :jazzedgy:

(Also all cakes would come with Edgeworth's special blend tea!)

Winter Flag Trademark

Silverbelle wrote:
Going for Miles wrote:

Are you sure? He would first detect Contradictions in our logic. Plus, Edgeworth would get really, really mad if he uses his own blend for people to drink it, as he doesn't know anyone, he usually don't give a crap about what they think. Plus, he may later cut his own assistant's salary because of getting this order from the customers or hinting/telling them to drink it as well. :sadshoe:

Otherwise... (I can't think anymore about it. :lana:)

WaitingforGodot wrote:
:gant-clap2:

And, to break the fourth wall further, your 3D-goggles will go :spload: !

(I find the idea of Edgeworth having a breakdown too amusing...)

AcePointer: Ahaha... Hahahaha! That would be great, indeed! HAHAHAHA! Also, I really want to see GhostBuster Edgeworth in action... making "poison" cakes to serve the dead. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! That would be nice indeed! HA HA... :moe-laugh:

Phoenix: ... :nick-sweat:
Maya: ... :maya-shock:
Edgeworth: ... :wacky-edgy:
The Judge: ... :udgey:
Entire Courtroom: ...

AcePointer: What? Did cat got you all's tongues or something? :grey:

Ace Pointer wrote:
Silverbelle wrote:
Going for Miles wrote:

Are you sure? He would first detect Contradictions in our logic. Plus, Edgeworth would get really, really mad if he uses his own blend for people to drink it, as he doesn't know anyone, he usually don't give a crap about what they think. Plus, he may later cut his own assistant's salary because of getting this order from the customers or hinting/telling them to drink it as well. :sadshoe:

Otherwise... (I can't think anymore about it. :lana:)

I assure you, the calamity that of which caused due to Waiter Gumshoe (or thereof) will receive a ...monthly evaluation.

I can't draw hands to save my life.

Location: Watching you make sprites from outside your window.

Silverbelle wrote:
So, I was replaying case 1-2 today and got to Grossbergs confession, and it got me thinking.
Well, what if there was a game/spin-off where you played as Edgeworth as a defense attorney?

- von Karma would never have shot Gregory and so Gregory would be alive but so would von Karma since now he’d never be convicted.
- Yanni Yogi would be living his days happily with his wife Polly and could be a great asset to Miles even.
- Miles would be much more enthusiastic and optimistic.
- Misty wouldn’t leave town because she was never hired for channeling Gregory
- Miles wouldn’t be against spirit mediums and may believe in them.
- Mia wouldn’t investigate into White and die because DL-6 and the blackmail with grossberg would never have happened
- Phoenix and Larry would still be great friends with Miles without a time gap because Miles never moved away with von Karma.
- Phoenix could be an art student but he could also be Mile’s partner in law and would give an interesting non-teenage girl dynamic.
- Who would de Killer kidnap if Miles was the one to take on the case of Matt?
- and really so much more…

All of the Phoenix Wright series we know happened because of DL-6. and all of it wouldn’t exist like it does if it didn’t happen. and honestly I’d kinda like to see this alternate reality. Even if it wasn’t a full game. Even just a demo with one case…

So what do you think, would you play a game with this kind of “What if?” scenario?

Continuing into later games...

- Apollo might also not become a lawyer.
- Simon Blackquill's execution would continue as planned.
- Kristoph Gavin would get away with a lot of murders, as a consequence of Apollo possibly not becoming an Attorney.
- Klavier would... Actually he'd probably stay virtually the same.
- Though it initially seems like there might not be to much consequence to it at first, a lot of bad things would happen in the Apollo Justice and Dual Destinies Arcs.

Why wouldn't Apollo become an attorney?

Going for Miles wrote:
Why wouldn't Apollo become an attorney?

Wasn't phoenix his inspiration to become one?

Or am I vastly wrong?

[Whip the cream!]

I think there were no explanations stated - I always thought he was just interested in the job.

It's implied that Phoenix used to be an inspiration for him (like, he obviously studied his cases, for example when he references 1-5 in 4-2), but it's never stated Phoenix was the reason he wanted to become one in the first place.

1000% Knight

Silverbelle wrote:

eyyyyyy
Credit to Evolina for the sig+avatar!

Bad Player wrote:
Silverbelle wrote:

eyyyyyy

Yes. Just Yes.

Winter Flag Trademark

SeanTheSpriter wrote:
Bad Player wrote:
Silverbelle wrote:

eyyyyyy

Yes. Just Yes.

Shattered Glass is the best AA Fangame I ever played. 20/10. Hoping TheDoctor to create more Turnabouts. :maya:

I'm still playing it. I'm on Ema's testimony now. And I have only gotten one penalty for presenting the wrong evidence on the wrong statement. XD
In other words, totally deserved that penalty.

Racing through the sky like a Missile

Silverbelle wrote:

Not to be the naysayer in the thread, but I'm gonna have to stop you right there. In the aftermath of the IS-7 Incident, VK would still be seething mad at his broken perfect record. The guy is the kind of guy who would keep a bullet in his shoulder for 15 years. He's not just going to leave Greg alone after that. Even if he doesn't try to kill him, he might try something to get Gregory disbarred or even imprisoned for a crime that he may or may not have committed.

Life would have been very different for Miles, but he certainly wouldn't be much happier. Whether or not he'd still become a defense attorney is up for debate. He might have, in an attempt to recover his father's good name, or he might not have, realizing the moot point of facing against a von Karma, someone with so much prestige in this world of law.

In any case, it definitely has a Turnabout Succession vibe to it, with a little of Turnabout Goodbyes and Turnabout to Tomorrow. Instead of Apollo taking the case as per Phoenix's orders, it'd be Phoenix as a DA lending Miles a hand with this case and uncover the truth behind that incident. At the very least, they could probably save Greg from a lifetime of imprisonment, or even execution, through this once trial at the hands of a rookie defense attorney.

But this rookie would need a mentor, and I doubt Miles would be willing to teach him. Mia naturally has much more patience with these kinds of people. Since she wouldn't have stayed at the village - wants to leave the future role of Master to her sister - she might have become a defense attorney anyway. Even with her mother's name retained, it doesn't mean family life with the Feys would be any less catastrophic with Morgan scheming up some evil, evil plan to get Morgan out... or dead.

Basically, all I'm saying is that if it wasn't for DL-6, these unlucky souls would still be unable to escape their fates. We don't exactly have ghosts with tricks around to alter fate, after all. And in the end, Phoenix would still become a defense attorney for Miles' sake.

And Larry... will still be Larry. He will never change.

WaitingforGodot wrote:

And throughout my entire theory, this one is still just as plausible. Miles became depressed after his father's disbarment/imprisonment and ended up as a baker somehow.

It's probably Larry's fault.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com

[Whip the cream!]

Damn you, Larry. Always the Butz.

Y'know

Silverbelle wrote:

Actually, she'd still have her older sister - that being said, Manfred would be less absorbed with his revenge plot, so who knows?

Clearly, you all have underestimated the power of PERFECTION RAGE.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu

Y'know

I'm pretty sure that any alternate revenge plans would still be less absorbing than raising a child for 15 years, so here's that.

Because alternate revenge plans wouldn't require that he raise a kid for 15 years...

Wait a sec. In the case his dad is imprisoned, someone would have to raise him. And since VK is so caring, he'll still adopt him anyway - to warp that stupid son into what Greg would hate the moooost.

Yeah, um, that was his only reason for adopting Miles in the first place. I wouldn't put it past this guy.

What if Edgeworth (The one form the normal universe) retires early to avoid becoming like von Karma and decides to do something completely different...like a bakery.
Signature loading, please wait...

[Whip the cream!]

So we're back to Miles Edgeworth - Ace Baker! Full circle. It's bound to happen.

There's no point in denying the inevitable. We all know how well that game would sell.

Bad Player wrote:

Looks interesting, I'll have to check it out. :maya:

Rubia Ryu the Royal wrote:
Not to be the naysayer in the thread, but I'm gonna have to stop you right there. In the aftermath of the IS-7 Incident, VK would still be seething mad at his broken perfect record. The guy is the kind of guy who would keep a bullet in his shoulder for 15 years. He's not just going to leave Greg alone after that. Even if he doesn't try to kill him, he might try something to get Gregory disbarred or even imprisoned for a crime that he may or may not have committed.

Life would have been very different for Miles, but he certainly wouldn't be much happier. Whether or not he'd still become a defense attorney is up for debate. He might have, in an attempt to recover his father's good name, or he might not have, realizing the moot point of facing against a von Karma, someone with so much prestige in this world of law.

In any case, it definitely has a Turnabout Succession vibe to it, with a little of Turnabout Goodbyes and Turnabout to Tomorrow. Instead of Apollo taking the case as per Phoenix's orders, it'd be Phoenix as a DA lending Miles a hand with this case and uncover the truth behind that incident. At the very least, they could probably save Greg from a lifetime of imprisonment, or even execution, through this once trial at the hands of a rookie defense attorney.

But this rookie would need a mentor, and I doubt Miles would be willing to teach him. Mia naturally has much more patience with these kinds of people. Since she wouldn't have stayed at the village - wants to leave the future role of Master to her sister - she might have become a defense attorney anyway. Even with her mother's name retained, it doesn't mean family life with the Feys would be any less catastrophic with Morgan scheming up some evil, evil plan to get Morgan out... or dead.

Basically, all I'm saying is that if it wasn't for DL-6, these unlucky souls would still be unable to escape their fates. We don't exactly have ghosts with tricks around to alter fate, after all. And in the end, Phoenix would still become a defense attorney for Miles' sake.

And Larry... will still be Larry. He will never change.

WaitingforGodot wrote:

And throughout my entire theory, this one is still just as plausible. Miles became depressed after his father's disbarment/imprisonment and ended up as a baker somehow.

It's probably Larry's fault.

I haven't beaten GK2 yet so if IS-7 is from that then I haven't seen it yet. But if IS-7 is the case where Gregory exposed von Karma. Then what's to say if Gregory had just missed that day for any particular reason? or the defendant just chose a different lawyer like with Kristoph's case. Fate doesn't lock him into that case, and theres nothing really stopping another defense attorney filing for a substitute. Forgive me if I'm being inaccurate though about this. Like I said, I haven't beaten GK2 yet.

But I think he would have grown up much happier in comparison. Miles was tormented with the thought and dreams for FIFTEEN years that he killed his father. Whether he believed it for those fifteen years, he still was in in denial for a LONG time. and that does something to a person. I believe that that coupled with von Karma did influence his behavior and the way he saw the world after that.

Mia could still be a lawyer, she just wouldn't get involved with Redd White because her mother would still be around.
Morgan would also have to deal with Misty still being around in this reality.
Nearavex wrote:
Silverbelle wrote:

Actually, she'd still have her older sister - that being said, Manfred would be less absorbed with his revenge plot, so who knows?

I don't recall a mention of a sister. unless it's in GK2. Either way, with how little she mentions her. I'd imagine she doesn't see her as competition like Miles.

[Whip the cream!]

Her sister is mentioned by Manfred in 1-4. The one with a daughter with a dog named Phoenix.
Page 1 of 5 [ 191 posts ] 
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby