Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby

Page 6 of 6[ 231 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Re: AA Medical Discussion Thread (spoilers afoot)Topic%20Title

Racing through the sky like a Missile

Oh, so it's just Godot who carries around a portable potty? He not only brings his own coffee thermos, but even his own bathroom.

...Then how did he cross the bridge at Hazakura?

@WG: Truly, the dark age of the law; that lawyers cannot have their own loos in the privacy of their own benches.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com

[Whip the cream!]

What a practical man.

He flew over it by the power of trolling.

Exactly. It sure shows that things went downhill when such fine privilegies are rudely taken away from them.
Gimme a "P"! Gimme an "I"! Give me a "P" and an "E"! What's that spell?! Pipe!

Last edited by WaitingforGodot on Sun Jul 05, 2015 10:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.

The Enigma

Okay, so it's just not GFM anymore. I need to stop drinking Red Bulls in general when reading the threads.
I've heard rumors… Bramimond, one of the eight legends, devoted himself entirely to the dark. All emotion, all memory… dissolved in a river of dark. That is how he received the power to best dragons

[Whip the cream!]

Red Bull is dangerous. It causes involontary spit-takes. It's a medical thing.

"Eggs?"

I have another thing: Is it possible for Jack Hammer/the other dude that died before to have landed on that fence in 1-3? I mean, they were pushed off of the stairs and landed on it, so unless they spun around in midair, wouldn't the wound have been really jagged and stuff - shouldn't someone have noticed that in the first place before assuming that the spear is the only weapon? PS: I don't really like talking about wounds, so I promise I'm not a psychopath
I AM BACK KIDDOS AND I'M WATCHING YOU

For me, tumblr is more easily accessible on a day to day basis, so if you REALLY want to, go there. :think:
OR if you want to, message me and I'll send you my Discord!!

I like to imagine the scene as from an action movie. The guy who gets pushed over the barricade (probably around the sloped section) rolls over and off, and lands right on top of the spiky fence.

But more realistically, that shouldn't happen, considering Vasquez's petite stature to Hammer's bulk in that costume. If anything, it suggests one of her men grabbed the guy and flung him over. So, while in court, they said it was "self-defense", no one considered the possibility that her bodyguards are always around when you don't expect them.

In any case, it was still an accident because I doubt she gave the order to kill him.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu

"Eggs?"

Can we just take a minute to appreciate the stupid logic behind the murder in 2-3? I mean, yeah, his neck snapped. But wouldn't that bust have just completely smashed his head? It was heavy, after all, and Acro didn't have any control over it other than a rope, so...
I'm also calling BS on that whole cape business. No, that cape will not fly up on its own and stick itself perfectly on the cards on the bust to make Moe think it was Max. *boom*

For me, tumblr is more easily accessible on a day to day basis, so if you REALLY want to, go there. :think:

[Whip the cream!]

Indeed, indeed... I remember thinking about that as well. Makes me think about the fake president in GK2. Shouldn't he be... rather... well, pretty damn smashed. (I guess that would be too graphic, but he looks completely intact.)

"Eggs?"

Yeah, indeed - and I mentioned in another thread somewhere that the president...
Spoiler: Just in case
shouldn't still be all buff, because he's dead and apparently he just becomes buff by holding in his breath. That can't be scientifically accurate.

Well,becoming all buffed up by holding one's breath isn't very scientific either...

Crack theory: The body double actually started working out after case 1.By the time of Case 5 those muscles are real.
Signature loading, please wait...

^ Damn fast, then. The time between the first and last case is approximately a few days.

"Eggs?"

For 2-4, we all know that Adrian stabbed Corrida with the knife to blame Engarde. But is what we see in that picture possible? For one thing, he's really bloody where he was stabbed. But the knife is still stuck in him, so shouldn't the knife have plugged up the wound? Also, the knife would not be like that at all. It's hardly even pierced his chest at all, yet it's sticking up like that - ever heard of gravity, knife? And I don't think I need to mention the contradiction between the whole "no glove marks left on the knife but Adrian didn't leave any prints on it anyway" thing. Any explanations?
I WILL keep this thread alive. *determined face*

The video game boy; the one who wins

Not to mention that if he was strangled, there would be no mistaking him for "being asleep". Just look at how Wellington looked, and he wasn't even dead.
(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)

[Whip the cream!]

Urrrk, yes, been thinking a lot about that one. Strangled bodies are not pretty.

Winter Flag Trademark

Strangulation + Wellington = Still Alive

...How? :eh?:

This account is dead. Link to my DeviantART.

[Whip the cream!]

He only made himself pass out, it's just about impossible to die by one's own hands when it comes to choking oneself the way he did, one faints and then one starts breathing again.

Enoshima Junko-chan!

Can someone explain the special abilities of Athena and Apollo?

"Eggs?"

Magic

Well, Apollo's power is that he can sense tensions in other people. A "Gramarye Bloodline Power", if you will, he can subconsciously sense that another person is tense. Then, he himself becomes tense. In order to perceive as Apollo does, one would need to wear the magical bracelets that conform to the wearer's arm. Therefore when he becomes tense, his bracelet reacts or stretches out as well.

Athena's power is that she has hypersensitive hearing: magical BS a special thing in which she can hear the emotional output of other people by listening to the fluctuations of their voice. Widget can do that too, apparently, and so that's where the Mood Matrix came from.

Not sure if it's even scientifically possible or not. :yogi:

The Enigma

My half-awake mind came up with this theory. Apollo's blood vessels are ridiculously thick. So when he perceives, the blood vessels in his eyes constrict and press on the nerves, allowing him heightened perception. Whenever he senses lying, his heart quickly sends a pulse which causes his blood vessel in his arm to thump, giving off the sensation of his bracelet tightening around his arm.

My less scientific theory is that his bracelet has a heartbeat and a mind of its own. With that, I am going to close my eyes then learn how to science before I even start thinking about Athena.
I've heard rumors… Bramimond, one of the eight legends, devoted himself entirely to the dark. All emotion, all memory… dissolved in a river of dark. That is how he received the power to best dragons

MBr wrote:
Can someone explain the special abilities of Athena and Apollo?

Spirit channeling and objects that make people see a bunch of locks when someone else lies exist on the AA universe.I don't see why these has to have any more of a scientific explanation.

Because that is simply explained as spirit channeling and an object making people see a bunch of locks when someone else lies, whereas both Apollo's and Athena's abilities have an in-game (quasi-)scientific explanation.

Is Apollo's really meant to be an scientific explanation,though? A family of magicians having an strange perceiving ability which gets enhanced thanks to a bracelet...yeah,doesn't seem like they put more thought into that than they did with spirit channeling.

Good eyesight, blabla, others turn tense equals them becoming tense, hence the bracelet working, blabla. (paraphrased)

Enoshima Junko-chan!

My theory is Athena is highly empathetic and has sensitive hearing. I wanted to see if anyone else could explain it differently.

I always thought that Athena's empathy was a consequence of her power, rather than its cause.

"Eggs?"

*cough* So I was wondering, for case I-2, about Hicks. He was shoved off of a balcony and hit his head and upper back, right? So I guess he would've started, uh, bleeding. They didn't really explain anything about anything else. My question is "Could he have survived that fall?" It didn't seem like that far down, and from the flashback image that Cammy Meele had showed him falling with his hands outstretched like he was going to try and break his fall. So shouldn't his arms be broken too? Or better yet, how and why did he spin around in midair to make that bruise on his back?

Enoshima Junko-chan!

If he was pushed while leaning over the railing, there's a possibility he tumbled in mid-air landed on his back/head. He did bleed, as evidenced by the blood left where he fell and by his bloody head wound (although the head wound was altered by the souvenir, so we don't know if he even had it in the first place).

He most likely landed head first, which would have killed him. If he landed in a way which he would have survived, I doubt he'd live for long.

Edit: I can't remember, but didn't the autopsy mention a snapped vertebrae?

"Eggs?"

Ah, I see. Still, it'd be nice if they expanded on that in the game a bit more.

I... think it said that he had a snapped vertebrae, so I guess he couldn't have survived. Oh well. :sillytrucy:

Winter Flag Trademark

^ Hit the 1000th View. Congrats. :wave:

Anyways, back to 3-3. You remember that old man who was quite the grouchy? Yeah, I'm talking about Kudo. He has quite a lot of anger, don't you think? Which made me feel like if he has I.E.D. Problems (Intermittent Explosive Disorder) or something, as he seems to explode in anger quite likely. I sometimes even think myself if his veins inside his forehead starts racing or something, because as far as I heard from my mother (who's a doctor), when people gets very angry, their veins usually start running. If they don't calm down soon, the veins may explode, causing extreme bloodshed in the brain itself. Result? Loss of consciousness, then death if not taken to the correct hospital soon.

So then it hit me. I think Kudo either throws birdseeds or starts gobbling them in order to cool himself down from that extreme anger. Or something else?

This account is dead. Link to my DeviantART.

I dunno if it'd count as IED, since a lot of old men can be really grouchy, but that nose of his is unnaturally large and red. I'm not sure if that's just a really swollen bug bite, or if he actually has a nasal infection.

DGS fucking when..

Regarding Apollo I think we can cross him and Trucy as special genetic mutations. Considering the Gramaryes all have this abilities this seems to be more believable. That and seeing that the power grew weaker in each generation we can chalk that up as having impurities mixed in their blood due to marrying non-Gramarye and adding other DNAs in.

I seem to remember the power focused on the eyes where they can subconsciously detect a slight twitch or other body movements that seems out of place. For Magnify he KNOWS where to look whereas for Apollo he need some kind of pointer because even though he sees the twitches but he did it subconsciously so he himself is not aware of it but his body does, hence his body tensing and since the bracelet is made to fit PERFECTLY to the wearer's arm (special metal and all) Apollo would feel tightness coming from it when he perceives the twitches.
Page 6 of 6 [ 231 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby