Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby

Page 1 of 6[ 231 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

AA Medical Discussion Thread (spoilers afoot)Topic%20Title

"Eggs?"

This thread may or may not have been inspired by the events of the Dream Thread
Anyway, ever had any questions about why Blackquill looks anemic? Wonder how Coldkiller X could really work as well as it does? Think it's possible for a patient to pose as a doctor at the head of a clinic in real life? Well, here's your thread.

I'll start us off. Can I ask, would any one happen to know anything about Godot's medical processes? He was poisoned with some mysterious poison, then went into a coma and woke up 6 years later. We don't know that much, past the fact that it's something to do with his nervous system and it messed up his eyesight. Any ideas for how any of this could be possible?

Also, I'd like to know if Pal Meraktis could really go that long without being arrested for being a doctor for the mafia. It seems a bit far-fetched, especially since he's a medical official.

-Quillzy :shoe:
I AM BACK KIDDOS AND I'M WATCHING YOU

For me, tumblr is more easily accessible on a day to day basis, so if you REALLY want to, go there. :think:
OR if you want to, message me and I'll send you my Discord!!
Re: AA Medical Discussion Thread (spoilers afoot)Topic%20Title

Winter Flag Trademark

I think I may be able to answer the second one... Either Meraktis has bribed the Police or the Kitakis did... No wait. The Kitakis won't do any sinful work like that. Or if some weak gang who are afraid of the shootouts the Kitakis did to others may have kept on bribing the cops or something?

Other than bribery, I think the other way could be that the police could be afraid of the Big Wins' mob. And arresting a mafia doc may result a big annihilation later... Or, there could be another way: Meraktis may go to prison but keeps getting released by the Kitakis.

...I'm out of clues abit now. Anyone?

This account is dead. Link to my DeviantART.

[Whip the cream!]

TheBlackquillz wrote:
Anyway, ever had any questions about why Blackquill looks anemic?

My headcanon is that he is anemic, since it can cause dark rings underneath the eyes (that and insomnia must be a bad combination for those bags), shortness of breath and chest pains, and naturally pale skin. There's even a special type of anemia which can cause a white hair patch (even though it isn't too common, but it happens) - even though the in-game reason for this most likely is stress and such, I like being all scientific when it comes to those things.

When it comes to Godot's eyesight my headcanon is, even though it might just be something chemical or some nerve-stuff, is that Godot's eyes got ruined by angle-closure glaucoma. Since it's often caused by abnormally high pressure inside the eye, I can imagine the poison doing shit like that. Damn, that poisoning fascinates me too much. I'm curious about his hair turning white - I'm thinking about some chemical stuff, but I don't know what that would be.

I'm going to love this thread.
Gimme a "P"! Gimme an "I"! Give me a "P" and an "E"! What's that spell?! Pipe!

The Enigma

Well your body is connected by a bunch of nerves, all of them running from the brain, through the spinal cord, to other parts of your body. Your optic nerves are considered part of the CNS, so if that part gets damaged, then you lose your eyesight.

-Bramimond, future MD
I've heard rumors… Bramimond, one of the eight legends, devoted himself entirely to the dark. All emotion, all memory… dissolved in a river of dark. That is how he received the power to best dragons

[Whip the cream!]

Well, that is true. I... uhm, wish I could even try to come up with a theory about how that visor works, but... It's just too futuristic. At least for my imagination.

Winter Flag Trademark

Godot Visors don't exist... yet? Speaking of which... how does that allow people to see what they want except the red colour?

[Whip the cream!]

Mhm, I guess everything is tinted red, but still, shouldn't some nuances of red on white be visible?

The Enigma

Believe it or not, some colors can strengthen or weaken brain function. I had this test done on me a few weeks ago. The doctor put his hand on top of mine and told me to resist him pushing down on it. I had on red glasses. When he pushed down, I could resist him. Tried blue glasses next, was still able to resist him. Then I tried on yellow glasses, and my entire arm went weak. And I didn't even have to see the yellow. He could just put them on my leg and I still wouldn't be able to resist him.

So my theory is that Godot's brain responds more to the color red, so wearing the red visor could strengthen his brain function, allowing him to see better. At least that's what I think. May be slightly medically accurate.
I've heard rumors… Bramimond, one of the eight legends, devoted himself entirely to the dark. All emotion, all memory… dissolved in a river of dark. That is how he received the power to best dragons

[Whip the cream!]

Mhm, just read about something similar. I like that theory.

Winter Flag Trademark

Might as well. Except the fact that Godot can't see red colours but can see other colours.

Is this because of the visor or some sort of brain cell damage?

The Enigma

His visor causes him to not be able to see red.

Racing through the sky like a Missile

Bramimond wrote:
Believe it or not, some colors can strengthen or weaken brain function. I had this test done on me a few weeks ago. The doctor put his hand on top of mine and told me to resist him pushing down on it. I had on red glasses. When he pushed down, I could resist him. Tried blue glasses next, was still able to resist him. Then I tried on yellow glasses, and my entire arm went weak. And I didn't even have to see the yellow. He could just put them on my leg and I still wouldn't be able to resist him.

So my theory is that Godot's brain responds more to the color red, so wearing the red visor could strengthen his brain function, allowing him to see better. At least that's what I think. May be slightly medically accurate.

The color red has long been tested (in the gaming community) to affect people's subconsciousness (as they play certain types of games). Red naturally comes off as a color of alertness, as it's built into our instinctual reflexes, and with that amount of coffee in his system, it's highly likely he won't miss any visual clues, despite being somewhat colorblind.

That said, with a view that's almost entirely red, thanks to that visor, it really would be difficult to detect red on white, as the white background would look entirely red. Of course, that won't stop colorblind people from detecting shapes and shadows caused by the red stains.

Then again, he DOES drink loads of coffee. That amount is going to affect his nerves, and possibly his sight anyway.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com

[Whip the cream!]

TheBlackquillz wrote:
I'll start us off. Can I ask, would any one happen to know anything about Godot's medical processes? He was poisoned with some mysterious poison, then went into a coma and woke up 6 years later. We don't know that much, past the fact that it's something to do with his nervous system and it messed up his eyesight. Any ideas for how any of this could be possible?

I'm extremely curious about everything that has to do with his poisoning - it seems to have messed up just about everything. What I'm curious about is Dahlia's choice of poison. Two teaspoons were fatal, but that's quite the amount of poison. (I guess one big reason is that it must have been odorless and flavourless, and well, available for her, but still - it seems like she took a big risk.) What if he, for some reason, didn't finish his cup of coffee? (I know, it's Diego, of course he would, but still; it seems like quite the risk. And since he managed to survive I doubt she put like... four teaspoons in it.) Erk. I don't know. Perhaps I'm just confused, I'm writing this on a whim, more or less.

"Eggs?"

Well, just reading back on the case now, it said that the poison was 1) "a very special kind", and 2) able to fit in that tiny bottle necklace. We also know that it must have been colorless, flavorless, and odorless, because the poison was put onto Phoenix's Coldkiller X without anyone - including the police - noticing that it had been poisoned. Also, it can't be as lethal as atroquinine, because that's, uh, really lethal at .002 mg or something insane like that. As for the amount he drank, that may have something to do with the fact that the poison could have been slow acting (kinda like atroquinine) and so he kept drinking his coffee over the period of his interview with Dahlia. My question is how did Doug Swallow get the material or the permission to make such a lethal poison anyway, and if he did it illegally, then why would he make it in the first place? And why did he make it again, after he knew Dahlia had stolen some before?

Oh, and about Godot's visor? This is the closest thing I could find that explains how it could work... It's more advanced than Godot's, but maybe Godot's visor was a prototype for the VISOR.

For me, tumblr is more easily accessible on a day to day basis, so if you REALLY want to, go there. :think:

[Whip the cream!]

Yup, but even though it fit in that tiny bottle (which doesn't even look like it could hold two teaspoons, but yeah) I still think it seems like a large amount - after all, there are poisons that are both flavourless and odourless that kills after a person ingests just a tiny amount of it. Even if I think it didn't cause any effects "immediately" it didn't seem to be that slow acting, though - didn't they state that he was still in the same building when the poison had its effect? (Another thing that I've been thinking about, wouldn't it be safer for her if she chose a poison that wasn't slow-acting? By that it would be much harder to make her seem as suspicious.) And concerning the amount he drank; I'm just thinking... what if he spilled half of it or something and merely got sick. Then she'd be in... quite a lot of trouble since he'd definitely know who was behind it.

I guess... it was just... available or something.

When it comes to Swallow: no clue.

"Eggs?"

Yeah, it is a relatively large amount; and what I meant by "slow acting" was that she poisoned the coffee at the beginning of the interview, and he drank it after that and continued to drink it throughout the interview. If you think about it, it's almost the same situation as with Terry Fawles. He drank the poison and the whole cup of coffee before he gave the testimony, and then he was still fine (kinda) as he gave his testimony, before he collapsed. I think that perhaps he didn't finish the coffee or spilled it - like you said - and that's why he went into a coma and didn't die on the spot like Fawles did. Like you said, it isn't as slow acting as atroquinine (15 mins) but it does take a couple minutes to kick in.

Doug Swallow must've made a large batch initially, and then kept a stock of it in the lab he worked in. Though, who knows why he would make it in the first place. :yogi:

Winter Flag Trademark

Come to think of it... shouldn't poison have flavors like other drugs? I mean... Poison is a liquid drug, correct? Now, all the other medications that are usually in liquid forms have flavors, tbh. I knew because I used to have them in my childhood. I prefer pills now.

Speaking of Pills, Pills should be flavorless. :yummy:

The Enigma

On the contrary, Ace, there is a poison known as Thallium. It used to be used for rat poisoning (still does, I think). It is tasteless, odorless, colorless, and extremely lethal. If someone slipped a few grams into your drink, you wouldn't even be able to tell it was in there. It's so easy to kill someone with. Quite a few murder cases happened because of it.

"Eggs?"

Medicine in liquid form is usually flavored because without the flavoring it would be extremely bitter and gross tasting. Pills should be flavorless, as far as I know. And some specific poisons have a bitter taste like medicine does. However, like with medicine, the bitterness can be disguised by flavoring or by putting it within another substance (say, coffee) or by nullifying a person's taste buds, either through the poison or some other way. There are some select poisons that are flavorless, and one of them is the one Brami mentioned. I think AA's flavorless poisons that they made up are ones that we've said already: Atroquinine and whatever Dahlia used. So it just depends. *shrug* :yogi:

Oh, and also; there are some poisons in a powder form. (Like the poison in Glen Elg's coffee, though that's technically not an irl situation) :Lisa-sad:

The Enigma

What about arsenic?

Now I have the headcanon that Dahlia combined all three to make a mega poison. For someone like Diego to survive that, he is a god!

"Eggs?"

Bramimond wrote:
Now I have the headcanon that Dahlia combined all three to make a mega poison. For someone like Diego to survive that, he is a god!

There are two headcanons, right there. Dahlia combined arsenic, atroquinine, and DougSwallow'sMagicPoison, and Diego is a Godot.

[Whip the cream!]

TheBlackquillz wrote:
Yeah, it is a relatively large amount; and what I meant by "slow acting" was that she poisoned the coffee at the beginning of the interview, and he drank it after that and continued to drink it throughout the interview.

Yeah, what I thought about was slow-acting as in hours, so that it would be harder to figure out that she was behind it.
Quote:
I think that perhaps he didn't finish the coffee or spilled it - like you said - and that's why he went into a coma

Why do I find that rather cute? Haha. I mean, I was thinking that he threw a lot of it up or something, but spilling coffee is nicer.
Quote:
There are two headcanons, right there. Dahlia combined arsenic, atroquinine, and DougSwallow'sMagicPoison, and Diego is a Godot.

Haha! But shouldn't the atroquinine have been detected in him? I mean, as they said they were no known survivors of it in AJ. And something containing atroquinine would probably need just a tiny amount to k... nah, just kidding. Naturally he's a god. (Which makes the question about Swallow even more... "Yay, atroquinine, random Elg-poison and arsenic! Let's see what happens if one mixes the three! Trololololo!")

Come to think of it, I don't think he's a god. I think he just survived because he's a troll.

Last edited by WaitingforGodot on Wed Jul 01, 2015 7:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

The video game boy; the one who wins

If she used arsenic and atroquinine to make a poison lethal at two teaspoons, does that mean the poisons mixed together actually weaken each other? Also, don't forget there is yet another AA poison: the one from the borginian cocoons. A medicine can be made from it, but one tiny change in the process and it turns into a deadly poison. I had a headcanon that the lab in Doug's school had cocoons but some of the students turned it into poison by mistake, it was stacked somewhere for further inspection, some of it was sneaked out and used by Dahlia, and once it got publically known, the ban happened. After all, she only refers to it as "a special poison", and we don't get to know much about the nature of the cocoon poison either.
(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)

[Whip the cream!]

Hmm. (Was going to say "but why would you weaken the two?" Eh, if it's something medical I don't think they aim to kill.) And yeah, I like that headcanon. It makes quite a lot of sense.

Why would you indeed, it would've been quite an anticlimax to intend to make a mega poison only for it to turn out as ineffective as Dahlia's.
Of course, there is also the theory that she just sugared his coffee and he was so grossed out his body malfunctioned.

Winter Flag Trademark

There's a low... very low chance anyone would survive the mega poison.

That is My point.

[Whip the cream!]

"I was going to create a medicine, but killing people is more fun." Then he failed class because people just decided to fall into comas instead of super-die.

...and then there's that theory. Talk about trolling the troll.

Winter Flag Trademark

"Super-Die", WG? :beef:

[Whip the cream!]

Hm, come to think about it, I'm not sure that I want to know how one super-dies. Might be disturbing.

The Enigma

When I hear super death, I think of explosions. Exploding corpses maybe?

Yeah, that it was that special poison does. You explode, rise to the ceiling and rain down to the floor as rainbow glitter. They managed to scoop Diego up.

[Whip the cream!]

Bramimond: Yeah. That's what he meant when he said "meticulous regeneration and adjustment" of internal organs. He didn't die, but he totally exploded.

Edit: Of course, GfM. A sight to behold.

Winter Flag Trademark

You know... this started to make me giggle. I mean. Come on! Just Exploding Off has no sorts of medical explanations!! :redd:

[Whip the cream!]

Haha, nah, that would be... incredibly futuristic!

"Eggs?"

I just thought of something... If Phoenix got hit over the head with a fire extinguisher, would he really lose his memory like that? And would he really regain his memory that easily?

[Whip the cream!]

Sounds extremely implausible. Like that Hollywoodesque "how convenient".

Edit: At least it wasn't that thingie... "Gets hit in the head again and regains his memory." :april:

Winter Flag Trademark

Created about a day or two ago, and got pretty famed outta nowhere. :godot:

No, it's just so that the case along with the plot point can be wrapped up neatly. (And now I came to imagine an entire game where memoryloss-Phoenix is forced to solve crimes along with the mystery of his own identity. and then it would turn out he was the big bad killer all along... And I'm getting off-topic)

[Whip the cream!]

Hahah. Like those "damn huge plot-twist everyone finds shocking and brilliant"-movies. Those movies that are basically built around a plot-twist.
Page 1 of 6 [ 231 posts ] 
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby