Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby

Page 1 of 1[ 20 posts ]

Did you like Justice For All? (Spoilers, of course)Topic%20Title

Lots of people didn't like JFA mainly because of Turnabout Big Top, but I actually loved the game.
I almost felt sorry for Mimi and Acro when throwing them into jail... After them, Matt Engarde looks like the evilest thing ever. And yes, Farewell my Turnabout is incredible, no need to say the reasons. Reunion and Turnabout was also awesome because of the hopeless feeling of the beginning... I thought there wasn't a solution to such thing at first. It was a dark case. Turnbout Big Top was good, quite weird and maybe too short, but the defendant hiding things from the start and the story behind it makes it good.
Oh, and *ahem* introduction to Psyche Locks.
Re: Did you like Justice For All? (Spoilers, of course)Topic%20Title

Winter Flag Trademark

I actually think that this should've been in the Kurain subforum or something...

This account is dead. Link to my DeviantART.

The Enigma

It was alright, not really my favorite.

I (stupidly) played the trilogy out of order and ended up playing Trials and Tribulations before Justice For All. And what do you know? T&T just kept on referencing back to it! :dahlia: Still though, I think even if I did play them in chronological order, my feelings of it would remain the same.
I've heard rumors… Bramimond, one of the eight legends, devoted himself entirely to the dark. All emotion, all memory… dissolved in a river of dark. That is how he received the power to best dragons

Winter Flag Trademark

Overall Rating: 3.75 / 5.00
-0.5 for the third case.
-0.5 for some of the music.
-0.25 for the fourth case.

This account is dead. Link to my DeviantART.

I did like the game, because an AA game that I don't like has yet to be made, but it's not among my favorites.

I like Turnabout Big Top well enough, but I think Reunion and Turnabout is overrated and Farewell, My Turnabout is my less favorite among final cases (if you don't count AAI-5, but that's just another level.). I mean, it was exciting and everything. It's just...Where is the mystery? And 2-1 is one of the dumbest cases in the series. Only Maggey and Wellington save it.

Ace Pointer wrote:
I actually think that this should've been in the Kurain subforum or something...

Yeah, sorry, I'm new and when I saw it, it was too late

[Whip the cream!]

I like it a lot. I can't say I'm fond of Turnabout Big Top, but one case isn't enough to make me feel that the game is ruined. I really, really like Reunion and Turnabout as well as Farewell My Turnabout, and I find The Lost Turnabout silly-fun.
Gimme a "P"! Gimme an "I"! Give me a "P" and an "E"! What's that spell?! Pipe!

WaitingforGodot wrote:
I like it a lot. I can't say I'm fond of Turnabout Big Top, but one case isn't enough to make me feel that the game is ruined. I really, really like Reunion and Turnabout as well as Farewell My Turnabout, and I find The Lost Turnabout silly-fun.

THE WITNESS

>Loves big bananas
Knows nothing about baseball
Has bad eyesight

[Whip the cream!]

Big bananas - always decisive evidence.
Gimme a "P"! Gimme an "I"! Give me a "P" and an "E"! What's that spell?! Pipe!

I chose that option. Like the "You're lovers" to Grossberg in the first game. Just to see the reaction.

is a five star man.

JFA was my first AA game, so has a huge nostalgic value for me. Although Big Top is stupid (the cape thing in particular annoys me so much), it doesn't ruin the game for me. I also think that it has some of the best villains of the series; Matt Engarde is the most obvious one, but Acro is a great character and Richard Wellington always makes me laugh. Despite some annoyances, it will always have a place in my heart *cries*
Visit http://toatalireviews.com for all your TV and video game review needs.

guilty for stealing all of the oreos.

To be honest JFA was probably the reason I began to become ridiculously obsessed with the games, and waiting for T+T to come out afterwards was so worth it.

Why do people not like the third case so much? The witnesses were annoying, I'll give it that, but most of the cases in the games have the occassionally annoying witness. Two blokes fawn over a supposedly innocent daddy's gal and drama ensues? Okay, but there's no cases in the games without conflict. Maybe I'm digging too much. Maximillon was such a lovable asshole, though. The reveal of the statue made me laugh for longer than it should have for some reason. It wasn't one of my favourite cases and I can understand why it gets seen as stupid, just not so much that I was aware it had quite a big amount of dislike towards it!

What did buy me over was the somewhat ominous feel to the second case, the idea that Maya could be posessed (which later became even cooler in T+T) and the twist of Ini and her sister- totally loved it! Matt was a great villain too- I hated
to love him and loved to hate him, the proposal in game of actually defending someone who was actually guilty was a great pace changer, and bringing an assassin into it mixed it up, too.

oh, and Maggie. Maggie is great. So personally for me, I really enjoyed JFA. :adrian:

I liked it okay, just not as much as the 1st and 3rd game. It had some characters I really liked (such as Franziska and Maggey), but some characters I found really annoying (such as Ben and Trilo). I did like the 3rd case despite some of its characters being annoying, mostly due to the fact that I liked the scenery and the main characters' interactions. I mean, I didn't like Moe very much, for instance, but he did lead to some fun lines from Phoenix, Maya and the judge.
I really liked the 4th case, although I would have liked it even better had some of my least favorite characters not been in it.

The dumb puppet was the only character I hated in Big Top. All the other characters had depth and I even loved Moe in the end even if I found him annoying at first. I also liked the awesome yet subtle moment near the end when...

Spoiler:
Edgeworth and Gumshoe solved the case and set things up for Phoenix to win.

Reunion and Turnabout will remain forever in my heart as the creepiest case in the series.

I liked the game, I like most games except GK1 and DD more but this one was still fun. I loved case 4, but I didn't think the culprit was all that surprising.
Signature loading, please wait...

In my opinion, if there was one problem with Justice for All, it was how there was no overarching plot.

Spoiler: Reunion and Turnabout
At the end of case 2, I thought it was going to be about the Fey Clan story and how Morgan's trying to get rid of Maya for Pearl to be the successor. Turns out it didn't happen until the third game.

Unpopular opinion, but my biggest reason for liking JfA less than the other two in the trilogy is Franziska. To me, she doesn't stack up as a formidable opponent to Phoenix the way Edgeworth and (to a lesser extent professionally, but certainly on a personal level) Godot do. I generally really like characters who aren't "nice", who have an edge to them (like Aura Blackquill or Jake Marshall, for instance) but Franzy is just TOO MUCH and completely unrelateable, to me.

I don't HATE her or anything - in fact I really like her a lot in AAI. But her role as Phoenix's rival in JfA falls flat.

ALSO UNPOPULAR OPINION. I ACTUALLY LIKE TURNABOUT BIG TOP. I understand it's frustrating, both Moe as a witness and the fact that it is very filler-y, but I always gravitate towards "ensemble" movies/tv shows, and in this instance, games - and to me, Big Top is one of the most "ensemble" cases, and I really like Acro, so I'm very partial to it.

women are my favorite guy

I actually like JFA more than the first game. The music was better. The writing was sublime. The humor was spot on and probably the best it's ever been. Farewell, my Turnabout is my favorite case of all because it differs from all usual Phoenix Wright plots and makes you feel really on edge the whole time. Turnabout Big Top I personally thought wasn't that bad. Most people have a tendency to dislike the third case of each game and Big Top the most; honestly, I like the third cases. They are my least favorite for each game, but I still think they're great, just not as great as all the others. I mainly play the ace attorney games for the writing and the characters, not the plot. However the one thing that is the greatest thing about this game was the psyche lock system. In the original game, investigations mainly had you talk to people and find clues. However, this gets boring after a while and I often wish that it would just cut to the trial portion. The trial is where everything was tied together and all of the cool gameplay features (i.e. cross-examination and presenting evidence) were. However, in JFA, they fix this by adding the psyche lock system. This spruces up investigations, makes finding evidence more relevant (rather than having something you don't know anything about take up inventory space) and gives the player more understanding of the case when going into court.

Here comes Justice!

OOps got that wrong XD yes justice for all was good ;A;
I mean I personally enjoyed Trials and Tribulations more, but I mean the game introduced Franziska as well as Pearl, so how could i dislike it ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The video game boy; the one who wins

I really like Justice for all. All the cases are very standalone and I liked that, they all have quite different atmospheres. In a sense, it's more a package of four cases than one game containing four cases, I think. With that said, I really like 2-1 and 2-2, 2-3 was annoying but not terrible and I absolutely adore 2-4.
(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)
Page 1 of 1 [ 20 posts ] 

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby