Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby

Page 8 of 9[ 359 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 


Re: Unpopular Opinions You Have On AATopic%20Title
User avatar

[Whip the cream!]

Gender: Male

Location: Sweden

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:17 am

Posts: 7320

Going for Miles wrote:
but I like to get to do random stuff like that by myself in games, just for the sake of immersion, and I love how it was done
Spoiler:
with Lamiroir being reflected in the monitor, and when her sleeve falls down and the bracelet shines... shiver. Also the fact that one gets to "play as" her if only for a second is neat.

Oh, I have to agree about that. Beautiful.
Gimme a "P"! Gimme an "I"! Give me a "P" and an "E"! What's that spell?! Pipe!
Re: Unpopular Opinions You Have On AATopic%20Title
User avatar

The Pinnacle of DEAD

Gender: Male

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:42 am

Posts: 4511

After playing I-3, I've realised that I really like Lauren Paups as a character. I dunno why.
Click on the picture below.
Image
Re: Unpopular Opinions You Have On AATopic%20Title
User avatar

Ultimate Godot Fan

Gender: Male

Rank: Desk Jockey

Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:01 am

Posts: 80

To be honest, I thought Wocky was funny, likewise with Stickler. Everytime somebody says he's the worst defendant, I don't understand. I still think the worst defendant was Woods. She was incredibly annoying with her cough, and her character actually got WORSE over the course of the story.
"The only time a lawyer can cry is when it's all over." -Godot, 2019.
Re: Unpopular Opinions You Have On AATopic%20Title
User avatar

The imagination justifies the pimp

Gender: Male

Location: Themis Legal Hell

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2014 7:36 am

Posts: 192

Moddragon22 wrote:
To be honest, I thought Wocky was funny, likewise with Stickler. Everytime somebody says he's the worst defendant, I don't understand. I still think the worst defendant was Woods. She was incredibly annoying with her cough, and her character actually got WORSE over the course of the story.

Well, you're not wrong. She appears as a desperate pitiful character at first and a straight out shallow jerk in origin that goes BACK to the former for some reason. She honestly is the biggest reason I fail to enjoy Turnabout Academy, I'd rather save Professor Means and he's not even that great of a character.
Image
Re: Unpopular Opinions You Have On AATopic%20Title
User avatar

The Pinnacle of DEAD

Gender: Male

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:42 am

Posts: 4511

She also for some reason appears in three cases. THREE. That's more than half,for just a minor character.
Click on the picture below.
Image
Re: Unpopular Opinions You Have On AATopic%20Title
User avatar

Yabba Dabba Doo

Gender: Male

Location: Hiding from responsibility

Rank: Prosecutor

Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2016 4:32 am

Posts: 670

Well, the last one was pretty much just a cameo. After that, she has about the same size role as Larry, which is (at least what I think) what they were trying to do here. She's got a different personality, but her more soft nature contrasts with Athena's bold personality.
Image
Re: Unpopular Opinions You Have On AATopic%20Title
User avatar

The imagination justifies the pimp

Gender: Male

Location: Themis Legal Hell

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2014 7:36 am

Posts: 192

I get that about the contrast she gives, but there are obviously better ways to go about with it.
Image
Re: Unpopular Opinions You Have On AATopic%20Title
User avatar

TUT Creator, and shipper of Feenris.

Gender: Male

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:34 am

Posts: 3

Iris is one of my favorite characters in the series and I would love to see her return for even the smallest cameo.

I think Larry Butz is pretty entertaining.

I thought The Stolen Turnabout dragged on far too long.

Blackquill is the best prosecutor.

Sebastian Debeste is second best prosecutor.

Turnabout Corner is a pretty good case.

I liked the ending of Turnabout Ablaze.
Re: Unpopular Opinions You Have On AATopic%20Title
User avatar

Ultimate Godot Fan

Gender: Male

Rank: Desk Jockey

Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:01 am

Posts: 80

Patwhit01 wrote:
Iris is one of my favorite characters in the series and I would love to see her return for even the smallest cameo.

I think Larry Butz is pretty entertaining.


AGREE, especially with Iris.
"The only time a lawyer can cry is when it's all over." -Godot, 2019.
Re: Unpopular Opinions You Have On AATopic%20Title
User avatar

The Pinnacle of DEAD

Gender: Male

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:42 am

Posts: 4511

After writing a whole character analysis on him,I've come to realise that Deid Mann is my favourite victim in the series. Mack Rell though stinks
Click on the picture below.
Image
Re: Unpopular Opinions You Have On AATopic%20Title
User avatar

Ace Procrastinator

Gender: Male

Location: USA

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2016 9:47 pm

Posts: 331

Southern Corn wrote:
After playing I-3, I've realised that I really like Lauren Paups as a character. I dunno why.


yeah I really liked Lauren too haha
Re: Unpopular Opinions You Have On AATopic%20Title
User avatar

Bidoof bidoof bidoof is on fire

Gender: Female

Location: Timmies parking lot

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Tue May 26, 2015 1:46 am

Posts: 39

SoJ Ema was my favourite Ema. She had the right balance between grumpy and cheerful. She kept that exhaustion she had in AJ while having flashes of enthusiasm and it felt very natural.

I feel really sorry for Larry. He's ridiculous but everyone picks on him way more than they need to. :larry: Also his art got too much criticism.

I thought Mimi was more interesting than Acro.
Spoiler: JFA
She was trying to escape all the rumours surrounding her career and only came to Morgan in a panic after having her finally peaceful life threatened. Of course that doesn't justify murder, but I feel a lot more sympathy for somebody wanting to escape trauma who gets cornered than someone who attempts to kill the daughter of the man they consider a father. The murder being an accident isn't a good sob story when his true intentions were even more harmful to the one he cares about. It also takes a lot more than that for me to be compelled in another revenge story.


The anime wasn't as bad as people crack it up to be. It was definitely flawed, and I have a plethora of problems with 2-4, but overall I had a good time watching it.

I thought Lotta was alright. She isn't a favourite witness by any means and there were points (specifically in 1-4) where she bugged me but I enjoyed her few appearances for what they were.

I think JFA is better than most people claim it is. 2-1 is mediocre and 2-3 is annoying, but overall it is one of the games that are richer in a literary sense. I have a lot of fun looking into parallels, deeper themes and subtext when it comes to JFA in particular.
I... feel foolish.

My tumblr: http://www.polkadot-cookie.tumblr.com
My Apollo-centric sideblog: http://www.chords-of-fine.tumblr.com

If we don't have order, Prosecutor Blackquill will yell at us!
Re: Unpopular Opinions You Have On AATopic%20Title
User avatar

[Whip the cream!]

Gender: Male

Location: Sweden

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:17 am

Posts: 7320

I'm really tired right now and can't be too eloquent, but...
Nado13579 wrote:
SoJ Ema was my favourite Ema. She had the right balance between grumpy and cheerful. She kept that exhaustion she had in AJ while having flashes of enthusiasm and it felt very natural.

I agree.
Quote:
I feel really sorry for Larry. He's ridiculous but everyone picks on him way more than they need to. :larry: Also his art got too much criticism.

Mmhm, so do I. Poor, poor guy. And I really like him - and his art is really sweet.
Quote:
I thought Mimi was more interesting than Acro.

Most definitely. I don't find Acro interesting at all, actually, but I love Mimi.
Quote:
I thought Lotta was alright. She isn't a favourite witness by any means and there were points (specifically in 1-4) where she bugged me but I enjoyed her few appearances for what they were.

Same.
Quote:
I think JFA is better than most people claim it is. 2-1 is mediocre and 2-3 is annoying, but overall it is one of the games that are richer in a literary sense. I have a lot of fun looking into parallels, deeper themes and subtext when it comes to JFA in particular.

Same. 2-1 is quite fun according to me, 2-2 is one of my favourites overall, 2-3 is rather annoying indeed and 2-4 is absolutely great. It's rich in a literary sense too, I agree.
Gimme a "P"! Gimme an "I"! Give me a "P" and an "E"! What's that spell?! Pipe!
Re: Unpopular Opinions You Have On AATopic%20Title
User avatar

The Pinnacle of DEAD

Gender: Male

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:42 am

Posts: 4511

I think SoJ Ema is the worst Ema,for several reasons I'm too tired to say right now. Mainly due to the lack of real conflict

Ahaha,for a second I thought you all were talking about Larry's concept art and I was confused because I don't remember the fans hating his so much.

As for JfA,it's the worst trilogy game and worst Takumi game but it's still good. Better than DD or AAI.

Also,upon replaying AAI2-1, it's not really that long. In fact,I think 3-1 and 4-1 were a bit longer.
Click on the picture below.
Image
Re: Unpopular Opinions You Have On AATopic%20Title
User avatar

Danksgiving

Gender: None specified

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Sat Jun 13, 2015 6:04 pm

Posts: 194

every murderer was innocent
no exceptions
Re: Unpopular Opinions You Have On AATopic%20Title
User avatar

The Pinnacle of DEAD

Gender: Male

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:42 am

Posts: 4511

I agree. Kristoph did nothing wrong. It was the ALIENS
Click on the picture below.
Image
Re: Unpopular Opinions You Have On AATopic%20Title
User avatar

Ultimate Godot Fan

Gender: Male

Rank: Desk Jockey

Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:01 am

Posts: 80

Southern Corn wrote:
I agree. Kristoph did nothing wrong. It was the ALIENS


:objection:

Kristoph WAS the alien!
"The only time a lawyer can cry is when it's all over." -Godot, 2019.
Re: Unpopular Opinions You Have On AATopic%20Title
User avatar

Danksgiving

Gender: None specified

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Sat Jun 13, 2015 6:04 pm

Posts: 194

Moddragon22 wrote:
Kristoph WAS the alien!


he was still innocent though
Re: Unpopular Opinions You Have On AATopic%20Title
User avatar

The Pinnacle of DEAD

Gender: Male

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:42 am

Posts: 4511

#KristophDidNothingWrong
Click on the picture below.
Image
Re: Unpopular Opinions You Have On AATopic%20Title

Gender: None specified

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Wed Oct 07, 2015 5:13 pm

Posts: 18

Ema's the weakest of the three (five if we count Lang & Badd) detectives this series has had so far. She was fun in 1-5 but she wasn't the detective there.

Hobo Nick was fine, the fuss over him completely overshadows the actual oddity that is how uncharacteristically Payne-like Phoenix was acting in AA4's flashback case.

I didn't dislike Apollo at first (despite undeniable issues AA4 had), but I actually like him less with each game due to what they've since been doing with him.

Judge deserves a spin-off more than any other character. Admittedly I have no idea how it'd work mechanics-wise.
Re: Unpopular Opinions You Have On AATopic%20Title
User avatar

The Pinnacle of DEAD

Gender: Male

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:42 am

Posts: 4511

Judge: Ace Judge

You just penalise people whenever you see fit
Click on the picture below.
Image
Re: Unpopular Opinions You Have On AATopic%20Title

Gender: None specified

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Wed Oct 07, 2015 5:13 pm

Posts: 18

Southern Corn wrote:
Judge: Ace Judge

You just penalise people whenever you see fit


Sold. When's the digital-only release announcement?
Re: Unpopular Opinions You Have On AATopic%20Title
User avatar

The Pinnacle of DEAD

Gender: Male

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:42 am

Posts: 4511

Today. Have fun.
Click on the picture below.
Image
Re: Unpopular Opinions You Have On AATopic%20Title
User avatar

Graphic Designer

Gender: Female

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:59 pm

Posts: 3

Well, it's not on the series per se, but on the fandom. But do you think that the fandom outside this forum has become more toxic than usual?

Actually, that's the reason I returned to this forum after only posting a few things on my other account, because the fandom on other social media (Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, DeviantART, etc) have become unusually harsh in this year and that was really weird for me, because for the past for the past years Ace Attorney has been the fandom that even if some people didn't really agree on pairings or on characters everybody was nice and respectful to each other.

Now every account I follow is toxic and mean spirited. And I only watch how all people fight from the distance because I don't even ship anyone in AA except from extrictly canon ships (because well, for example no one can't argue that Ron and Desiree are married).

For example I became worried that this week was supposed be Narumayo week (but the real day is apparently in september, I don't know know why there's two celebration day), but instead of fanart of fanfics there were fights, with people saying "oh, if you ship Narumayo you are homophobic because Narumitsu is canon", "Maya is also a lesbian", "gay gay gay"... and then Narumayos arguing saying some horrible things I wouldn't repeat here, instead of ignoring and posting their art (they were also mean, but at the same time I felt bad for them, because they were like 8-2 ratio and all the Narumitsus were in the "we are canon" plan).
Re: Unpopular Opinions You Have On AATopic%20Title
User avatar

I've felt worse.

Gender: None specified

Location: I'm at soup.

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:18 pm

Posts: 1643

housemdfan wrote:
Well, it's not on the series per se, but on the fandom. But do you think that the fandom outside this forum has become more toxic than usual?

Actually, that's the reason I returned to this forum after only posting a few things on my other account, because the fandom on other social media (Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, DeviantART, etc) have become unusually harsh in this year and that was really weird for me, because for the past for the past years Ace Attorney has been the fandom that even if some people didn't really agree on pairings or on characters everybody was nice and respectful to each other.

Try the Ace Attorney subreddit. They're pretty chill when they're not neck deep in memes/shitposting.
Image
"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls
Re: Unpopular Opinions You Have On AATopic%20Title
User avatar

"I'm so sick of Khura'in!"

Gender: Male

Location: The localized equivalent of Denmark

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:04 pm

Posts: 1636

Simple, don't go to tumblr lol. It's a rabbit hole for that kind of toxic debate.

My most unpopular opinion is probably that T&T is overRATEEEED :D, like seriously. I get it's great but so wildly deemed as unquestionably the best game in the series, let alone the trilogy? I dunno, I just thought it was a step down from the first game and even JFA's 2-4 peaks higher than anything in T&T to me, despite JFA's remainder being worse. I also think the music of T&T is kind of so-so which is why I don't always get why they keep wearing Iwadare like he's their locket.

AAI2 is even worse... *sigh* here we go again. I get why people like it for the parts that are great, but I just don't get at all how it can be seen as THAT good when half of it is boring and another percentage is super duper untight and strangely put together. I mean... The president? Zheng Fa? "Prosecutorial Investigative Committee"? A judge who believes in the law like a religion? 3 fucking DL6-like incidents being linked together...!!!!???? It's just so ridiculous to the point where I2-5 made me want to drop my DS and get some fresh air every 10 minutes. It's just exhaustively bloated of ideas and somehow it works but it's still just a mishmash of ideas and themes and an extremely bloated cast. It feels like Naruto Shipuuden, a show I stopped watching because it just kept getting worse and there were more and more characters standing in the same room without doing anything with their hands.
This is the Dark Age of the Ace Attorney
Re: Unpopular Opinions You Have On AATopic%20Title
User avatar

Graphic Designer

Gender: Female

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:59 pm

Posts: 3

I also think that T&T was not THAT good, it was decent, but not the best of the series as others say. Maybe, for me it was that the last case was a mess with the "magic" stuff making the logic confusing.

The music arrangements had less instruments because they needed to add more cases but the GBA cartriges were still the same size (I think it's incredible how GS1, GS2 and GS3 had the same cartrige size, even if the later ones were much longer games).

About AAI2, I think people now love it because they had to play it imported or downloaded illegally to use the unnoficial translation, thinking it may have been ultra bad and that was why it wasn't translated, and then they found out it was a decent game. So now they think the game is ridiculously good, when it's just another spin-off game in the series.

I think it was a good experiment in the series, and I think they should make more connected cases like that, with the structure of the 5 act play instead of 3 act play and add filler cases (but not with 3 incidents linked together, a Commitee that was never mentioned before and didn't investigate other worse prosecutors or the crazy judge).

Also, what I hated in AAI and it returned in worse AAI2 was that there were too many main characters. I remember that in one interview or something they said that they killed Mia because they realized that there would have been too many main characters in AA1. Now in AAI2 there's Edgeworth, Gumshoe, Kay, a new rival, the rival's protegee that's also like a rival to Edgeworth, Edgeworth's father's old assistant, Edgeworth's old rival from the other game is also there too, and Franziska....
Re: Unpopular Opinions You Have On AATopic%20Title
User avatar

Enoshima Junko-chan!

Gender: Male

Location: Canada

Rank: Prosecutor

Joined: Sat Aug 02, 2014 9:48 pm

Posts: 861

housemdfan wrote:
Spoiler: -snip-
Well, it's not on the series per se, but on the fandom. But do you think that the fandom outside this forum has become more toxic than usual?

Actually, that's the reason I returned to this forum after only posting a few things on my other account, because the fandom on other social media (Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, DeviantART, etc) have become unusually harsh in this year and that was really weird for me, because for the past for the past years Ace Attorney has been the fandom that even if some people didn't really agree on pairings or on characters everybody was nice and respectful to each other.

Now every account I follow is toxic and mean spirited. And I only watch how all people fight from the distance because I don't even ship anyone in AA except from extrictly canon ships (because well, for example no one can't argue that Ron and Desiree are married).

For example I became worried that this week was supposed be Narumayo week (but the real day is apparently in september, I don't know know why there's two celebration day), but instead of fanart of fanfics there were fights, with people saying "oh, if you ship Narumayo you are homophobic because Narumitsu is canon", "Maya is also a lesbian", "gay gay gay"... and then Narumayos arguing saying some horrible things I wouldn't repeat here, instead of ignoring and posting their art (they were also mean, but at the same time I felt bad for them, because they were like 8-2 ratio and all the Narumitsus were in the "we are canon" plan).

Two of my friends feel the same way. One plays Maya and the other plays Apollo on Tumblr, and they have received hate for their ships. I've been role playing for two and a half years and the most I got was one disparaging message, and I'm clear for my support of Justicykes, one of those gross het ships (imagine if I called Narumitsu a gross gay ship. Tumblr would explode). I always saw them as SJWs outside of the community coming in to tread on others to feel self-righteous.
11037
Re: Unpopular Opinions You Have On AATopic%20Title
User avatar

GYAXA PR Dept.

Gender: Female

Location: ID/NL

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:14 am

Posts: 5

Juniper to Athena= Clay to Apollo. It's like the devs made them solely because the main lawyers needed a backstory that didn't need to be delved in three games like Phoenix's. At least Juniper was included in the first game that Athena appeared in, so she didn't just appear out of thin air, unlike Clay whose existence was never even alluded to in AJ.

Also, AAI was actually a pretty good game, but maybe I'm just saying that because it was my first AA game. Turnabout Ablaze was an annoying case though.
Re: Unpopular Opinions You Have On AATopic%20Title
User avatar

Enoshima Junko-chan!

Gender: Male

Location: Canada

Rank: Prosecutor

Joined: Sat Aug 02, 2014 9:48 pm

Posts: 861

Spirit of Justice is ny least favourite AA game and the only one I hate. It shoehorned Apollo into the Khura'in story and his connection to Nahyuta is forced as well. The game lacks focus due to its jumping around with settings, characters, and assistants. Plot points like Maya getting arrested and kidnapped come off as "It's tradition, lol!" I don't care about Phoenix and Apollo facing off because there already was a conflict between them in the previous game.

I can't understand the claim that SoJ is like T&T and AA4-6 is the Apollo Trilogy. They both lack cohesiveness to be held in the same regard as T&T or the Phoenix Trilogy. Not saying the latter two are masterpieces but they are better than SoJ and the three games involving Apollo.
11037
Re: Unpopular Opinions You Have On AATopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Male

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 1:35 am

Posts: 8

JFA and AJAA are underrated games. Kristoph Gavin is a generic character. Matt Engarde was an interesting big bad. Athena is the most annoying character in the game (She goes from slightly unhelpful to literally driving Apollo and Wright away from the end goal). Mood Matrix feels too gimmicky. Wright's English voice in UMvC3 is better than in the games. Apollo Justice is a more relatable and likable character than Wright. I can go on for days about my unpopular opinions.

Edit: Apparently liking Dual Destinies is an unpopular opinion, too.
Re: Unpopular Opinions You Have On AATopic%20Title
User avatar

The imagination justifies the pimp

Gender: Male

Location: Themis Legal Hell

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2014 7:36 am

Posts: 192

This isn't an unpopular opinion, but it's an endangered one so it kind of counts:

I play Ace Attorney to have fun with the story and scenarios. I don't care who's in charge the development and what choices they make, all that matters is that they do it good and fun and polish their work properly. Which is why I like Time Traveller. It's predictable and formulaic, but the content of it (characters, scenario, etc.) is so fun and interesting that I enjoy it thoroughly. AA doesn't have an extreme overarching plot like Danganronpa, it's an open series where formulas are fine as long as they're handled creatively so there's no reason to get overly pissed off about little details on a story.

Only when a character is too annoying/bland or a plothole/plot-structure is too stupid will it actually get me.
Image
Re: Unpopular Opinions You Have On AATopic%20Title
User avatar

The Pinnacle of DEAD

Gender: Male

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:42 am

Posts: 4511

Agreed upon mostly everything. I just play AA for the sheer fun of the whole thing. Though...I can't claim I like Time Traveller much.
Click on the picture below.
Image
Re: Unpopular Opinions You Have On AATopic%20Title
User avatar

Wax Philosophical Power Hour

Gender: None specified

Location: Sweden

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:22 pm

Posts: 7716

I agree on principle, and I think most people do. But I do care who's in development because it makes the outcome of the product different, that's all. I think games 1 to 4 with Takumi leading are generally better, i.e more good and more fun. With that said AA-6 is one of my favourites, I'm not having preferences just because. I think DD is "good and fun", but not "polished properly", hence why I have opinions on it, but I don't wish it out of existence or anything. :-P

Being invested is part of the fun for me. Reading and taking part in discussions is part of the fun for me. That's why I signed up to a discussion forum about the games in the first place. :) Not that I get "overly pissed" about choices I don't like in the series, but I'm not glossing them over either. Yes, in the end of the day they're just games, I play them because it's fun, etc., but it wouldn't be as fun for me if I didn't look at the story and think things about it, positive or negative, then I could just go and play Frogger or something (and I love myself some Frogger). Do some people overreact when it comes to things they don't like? Surely. But looking at the games from a viewpoint of sheer entertainment value isn't more logical or objective than looking at what the stories makes you feel or think, the design, the writing and structure of the stories and so on.
(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)
Re: Unpopular Opinions You Have On AATopic%20Title
User avatar

The imagination justifies the pimp

Gender: Male

Location: Themis Legal Hell

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2014 7:36 am

Posts: 192

It's vital to talk about all that stuff, yes, but I feel the "Takumi vs Yamazaki" war is wholly unnecessary. Yes they have different writing styles, but does that mean one of them just suck in general? Of course not. Yamazaki pulls off uncharacteristic writing choices, yes, but he still can make it feel like Ace Attorney in the end. Besides, Takumi ain't perfect either. AJ is severly unpolished in many aspects, and
Spoiler: Takumi's recent stuff
Look at half the climaxes in DGS.

I just wish people talk about the writing of the games in a more general output rather than just blaming specific developers for it for most of the argument. I swear the complaints on SOJ are 55% "ew Yamazaki", 30% Nahyuta and 15% everything else.
Image
Re: Unpopular Opinions You Have On AATopic%20Title
User avatar

Wax Philosophical Power Hour

Gender: None specified

Location: Sweden

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:22 pm

Posts: 7716

That is true, there is no reason to put the two of them against each other and in generalizing ways. However, most of the critique against Yamazaki (and against Takumi, too) I've seen is valid, but this site is my primary source of AA-discussions, so I don't really know about the tone on other platforms.
When it comes to recurring flaws/"flaws" (that is subjective) in the writing I think there is some merit in discussing "Yamazaki-games" and "Takumi-games", but not to glorify one and demonize the other, of course.
I get your point about AJ, although I think that it and DD are unpolished in different ways. AJ could, sadly, have been more than it ultimately was if Takumi had more free hands, and it feels slightly unfinished, but even so I think the finished product is great (the best, even), the writing is good, the atmosphere is good, and so on. DD feels way more wrapped up but I don't find it as tight and well-written, and that's where it falls for me.
(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)
Re: Unpopular Opinions You Have On AATopic%20Title
User avatar

Danksgiving

Gender: None specified

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Sat Jun 13, 2015 6:04 pm

Posts: 194

i liked that Apollo had barely any personal connections with the cases in Apollo Justice because that's what lawyers are actually like in the real world. i like case 1-3 for the same reason

that being said i wouldn't want the entire series to be like this but it was a nice change of pace
Re: Unpopular Opinions You Have On AATopic%20Title
User avatar

Wax Philosophical Power Hour

Gender: None specified

Location: Sweden

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:22 pm

Posts: 7716

I agree, and I feel like there has been a bit of an inflation in cases that are tied to the main cast.
(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)
Re: Unpopular Opinions You Have On AATopic%20Title
User avatar

Enoshima Junko-chan!

Gender: Male

Location: Canada

Rank: Prosecutor

Joined: Sat Aug 02, 2014 9:48 pm

Posts: 861

It's pretty much expected of the final case to be like that, though most games have 2-3 cases with some personal connection.
11037
Re: Unpopular Opinions You Have On AATopic%20Title
User avatar

Wax Philosophical Power Hour

Gender: None specified

Location: Sweden

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:22 pm

Posts: 7716

And I think that's fine, but they'd pack a bigger punch if nearly every case before it wasn't also like that.
(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)
Page 8 of 9 [ 359 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  

 Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby

Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Yandex [Bot?] and 1 guest

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum
Jump to:  
News News Site map Site map SitemapIndex SitemapIndex RSS Feed RSS Feed Channel list Channel list
Powered by phpBB

phpBB SEO