Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby

Page 132 of 135[ 5398 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135  Next

Re: Phoenix Wright - The Musical [05/03: Do you know...]Topic%20Title

...experience the joy each day can bring

@ TB: Heehee...

@ Actorman: I know you already have my screen name. Its ff3girl--again, not original, but it will suffice.

I wonder what other ideas will be suggested... does anyone have any other suggestions for leadership that we could think about before tomorrow?
Sig by: Vickinator Drawn by: NaiveWanderer

Crack boursier chez les Ewoks!

What about the new applications?
Because I sent mine and have no reply, of course. So, what about that?

Harumph!

Alright, so, I want to apologize for not getting this list up last night like I said I was going to, but I got called into work again and had another late night rehearsal. However, like always, I have been living vicariously through Pooleterson's posts, and now here I am!

What I'd like to do now is give the list of those people that I have who have asked to come to the chat. If you want to come to the chat but you are not listed, please either IM me at broadwaybriner09 or send me a PM on the forums. If you are listed but do not come to the chat, please contact me and tell me you do not want an invite (if this is the case... shame on you. :P)

1. Actorman
2. Diana Rose
3. Donald Serrot
4. ff3girl
5. Gerkuman
6. lalalei2001 (if she can indeed attend)
7. leeness
8. Comfortably Numb
9. Ifeedonjapanesehobos
10. wassamattawityucca
11. naive_wanderer
12. Clarounettte
13. shinkinrui
14. Meems
15. Caitlin
16. TriforceBun

And, of course, Ethed is invited, granted she still exists.

I also recall that Rose and ThePhantomOtaku wanted to attend, but I do not have either of your screen names, so... there's the math. I'll do some hunting if you have them posted in your profiles, and after that maybe a little magic, but there's only so much I can do, haha.

Things that will be discussed at the chat will be such:

1. Leadership Team Expansion - The size, roles, and breakdowns of duties of such a team. Explaining what kind of seats are necessary (Head, Script Supervisor, Art Supervisor, etc.) and the prerequisites to fill them.

2. Current Leadership - Discussing the need for new, temporary leaders until contact with the old is straightened out, and then discussing the permanency of the new leaders and the selection of the leadership team.

3. Script - One core group writes whole show vs. One person is responsible for one scene, as well as talking about an overhaul of the current script-writing team, due to lack of communication and overall confusion of duties and responsibilities. A script team renaissance, if you will.

4. Conclusion - After this ponderous mess of a chat is finally wearing down, we will review our conclusions, and decide a plan of action for future activity.

Obviously, these are all extremely brief synopses, and I have plenty more to say about each issue, and I'm sure all of you do as well. For those of you who will not make the chat, please post your opinions! If you feel that your opinions are too radical to post on the board, PM them to me. Again, everyone's opinion is important here. This is everyone's project, and we'll all work extremely hard to make it all that it can be.

Also, if you have an issue with something currently going on in the process that you would like to discuss in the chat other than the main points of what I have listed so far, feel free to speak up! There's no problem too trivial, we're going to be at this chat to figure out all the confusion that's going on regarding our process. If you are confused, it's your right to ask about it and everyone else's duty to answer or collectively figure out a way to fix it.

If you want a copy of the chat log, feel free to ask, but remember, I will be posting our conclusions on the thread either that evening (likely, now that I found out I don't have rehearsal that night) or the next morning.

Again, thank you for your time, I know my posts are tiresome.

I hope you're all as excited for this chat as I am.

-Actorman
"Decree of the Prosecutor"
TriforceBun's epic composition, as performed by Actorman.

Like what you hear? Check out the Archive!

Proud member of the "Phoenix Wright - The Musical" Project.

I may or may not be here.

I think we have missed a couple of important pre-meeting questions...
What time will it be at? And will there be audio conversations or just text.?

The reason I ask is because my sleep schedual is all over the place and if we do have audio then I'll pull out my Rock Band Wii mic and *gasp* talk.
ImageImage

Official Lurker

Clarounette wrote:
Leeness, it was really fun!!! :D

Aki-bara, I tried to find something with my guitar for Lotta's song.
The sound isn't good, sorry. Though it's just a test.

http://media.putfile.com/Test-Lotta-Guitar

I told you I was bad with a guitar :p

I like it! It doesn't match up exactly and some notes I think need to be changed, but other than that its nice. I guessed that the first part is the main refrain where she goes "there's a lotta life still left in this world" and then the second bit was for the verses. Is that right?

Also sorry I haven't been on in a while, and I'll try to be on aim on the 11th. My sn is kuramal0ver with the o in lover being a zero
Yes, I really hate that hat.

Harumph!

Donald Serrot wrote:
I think we have missed a couple of important pre-meeting questions...
What time will it be at? And will there be audio conversations or just text.?

The reason I ask is because my sleep schedual is all over the place and if we do have audio then I'll pull out my Rock Band Wii mic and *gasp* talk.

Sorry, I thought I had talked about it earlier...

THE DATE: Friday, June 11th, 1:00 EST.

It will be held on AIM. A textual conversation, since some people are uncomfortable speaking due to certain language barriers, etc.

Official Lurker

SO you guys have been saying you need animators and I'm pretty good at drawing anime style and just want to say.... I DESPERATELY WANT TO ANIMATE THIS!!!

>.> I don't ever really put my art on the internet though, I'm terrible at computer art. The pencil has always been my trustee company. The pen too... but sometimes he can be tactless.... So if you guys need to see something before I can animate then just name it and I'll draw. I'm pretty bad at realistic backgrounds though... And I've just started using markers so it will probably be black and white or... blue and white if I use a blue pen I guess.
Yes, I really hate that hat.

Crack boursier chez les Ewoks!

Actorman wrote:
It will be held on AIM. A textual conversation, since some people are uncomfortable speaking due to certain language barriers, etc.

:bellboy: I feel like someone's talking about me :p
It's not much a language barrier than my own shyness... You know guys I understood everything you said on Teamspeak, right? And I almost never use a translator.
I'm not fluent, but I'm not THAT bad :p

aki-bara wrote:
I like it! It doesn't match up exactly and some notes I think need to be changed, but other than that its nice. I guessed that the first part is the main refrain where she goes "there's a lotta life still left in this world" and then the second bit was for the verses. Is that right?

As I said, it was just a test. And since I'm not good with the guitar, I played simple notes. I'll try and find how to play exactly like you sang. *looks at her fingers: oh my, you'll suffer!*

Have a foolishly Merry Xmas

My screenname on AIM is TeamRocketRose. I PM'ed it as well.
Sorry for the delay, I wasn't even sure if I still knew the password.

Well My AIM screenname is MathewAmtrum but I won't be able to make the group chat because I have work unfortunately, but feel free to add me if you want to your AIM lists.

Also is it possible to get copies of some of the songs without the vocals. I wanted to practice for a few of them and whatnot. XD

Hello. I've been stalking following the progress of this project since about March. I am a proud supporter of it. I don't really have the time/equipment/drawing skills/musical ability to help, so I would like to be a cheerleader on the sidelines, if you guys don't mind.

My favorite older song is Decree of the Prosecutor. I also like the new-and-improved Tomorrow's Trial. I also love TriforceBun's It's Gotta Be The Insanity.

As for casting, I think TriforceBun should be :phoenix: or :edgy:. (It's just my opinion, though.)
When the project is done, I'd like to be able to burn it to a DVD. I tried to get my mom to play the games, but she said 1-1 was too easy. I'd love to get her to play the rest after watching the musical.

Thanks, from your unofficial cheerleader!
ImageImage

Which AIM server will we be using? I might be able to attend after all. :)

Harumph!

AIM server? It's um... just AIM. I don't think there are seperate servers.

Also, just to make sure that there's no confusion on the day of the chat, please make sure that your AIM preferences are not blocking chats.

You can't spell justice without juice.

Hey, sorry I haven't really been able to contribute, but I have been following the thread and I do plan on joining the chat tomorrow. My AIM sn is phantomresistant. Also, my friend would like to sit in on the chat, as she has some ideas, so her sn is whitecrow1329. I guess I'll talk to you guys then!
^Click to visit the project website!

I'm just awesomely random like that

Erk ... Sorry it took me so long to get back to you. My screen name is PhantomOtaku14 but we'll probably just be using ff3girl's screen name because we only have one compy to use right now.
Proud to be working on Phoenix Wright: The Musical The Best Idea in the WORLD!

Actorman wrote:
THE DATE: Friday, June 11th, 1:00 EST.

Due to an even I didn't foresee I won't be able to join you guys.
Today I took in a job application and was hired on the spot. =O
I was told to go in tomorrow at 2. (I figured they wouldn't start me until next week but it looks like I was wrong.)
Due to the wonders of timezones you guys will be starting at the same time I do. =(
So have fun, get stuff done, and I'll read the transcript when I get back and give my comments then.
I don't know what my actual hours will be yet and it looks like it may end up being different from time to time so I'll keep you guys updated as to when I can take part in things.
ImageImage

I will *try* to make it tomorrow, however...
I have an interview tomorrow at 2pm, Mountain Time. I think that's 3pm Eastern Time (I'm never sure which way the clock goes) so I should be able to chat for a while before I have to get ready, spiff up my portfolio, etc and leave for the interview. I'll at least stop in for a while!

Aw! :( That's too bad, Don! Hope you can make it to other meetings, because you've been around here for quite a while. ^_^

Rose wrote:
I will *try* to make it tomorrow, however...
I have an interview tomorrow at 2pm, Mountain Time. I think that's 3pm Eastern Time (I'm never sure which way the clock goes) so I should be able to chat for a while before I have to get ready, spiff up my portfolio, etc and leave for the interview. I'll at least stop in for a while!

*looks at fingers and counts*
*takes off shoes*
Wait... I goofed.
I'm in central time. 2 here is 3 eastern not 1.
(Mountain is 2 hours off of eastern BTW. So it would be 4 eastern when your interview is.)
So I could be there for maybe a half hour and then I would need to make sure I'm completely ready.

So I'll try to be there still. ;)

(I'm all messed up in timezones so I may still be wrong.)
Spoiler: Time Zone map
--------10-----------|------------------11-----------|--------------------12----------|--------1

ImageImage

Last edited by Donald Serrot on Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Morally Objectionable

1:00 PM EST = Noon CST = 11:00 AM MST = 10:00 AM PST. :keiko:

Morally Objectionable

Waaagh. Cursed double-post. :spload:

Argh, I'm in Central Time. I used to live in Mountain (less than a year ago) and it's still hard to get it all straight - I grew up in Eastern, and I know I'm 1 hour off from talking to my family. Darned timezones...
Sorry for the confusion.
:knock-knock:

Rose wrote:
Argh, I'm in Central Time. I used to live in Mountain (less than a year ago) and it's still hard to get it all straight - I grew up in Eastern, and I know I'm 1 hour off from talking to my family. Darned timezones...
Sorry for the confusion.
:knock-knock:

Same here!
I lived in NY until last fall, moved temporarily to NM for a few months, and now live in TX. =P
ImageImage

like a cherry tomato

Hey everyone -

Sorry, I've had a lot going on lately so I haven't been able to check up on the forum. Just wanted to throw myself in there as definitely attending the chat tomorrow! I'm looking forward to it.

Hope I'll be able to be of some help!
Art by me, sig put together by Shinkinrui!

I'll be there, and I'll watch your back

Hey, we're still getting new people showing up in here! Welcome!

Semi-bad news, though. Due to reasons beyond my control, I won't be able to get on AIM until maybe about 30 minutes after the chat starts, soooo...stretch it out, guys!
~Link to songs composed for PW Musical (click!)~

Justice For All [Mia]
I'll Be There [Phoenix/Maya]
The Samurai Always Wins [Cody]
Decree of the Prosecutor [Edgeworth]
A Guy You Can Trust [Gumshoe]
It's Gotta Be the Butz! [Larry]
Justice For All - Reprise [Phoenix/Mia]

You can call me Tom. Or Legal. Whatever.

Turns out I have the day off from work tomorrow. :jazzedgy: Just found out today. But I don't think I'll be able to make it, with parents lurking over my shoulder (It's a surprise- I wanna show them this only when it's finished) and we might be going out somewhere tomorrow. And, I also don't remember my AIM, nor have time to get a new one.

So, Actorman, if you could please PM me a full text of the meeting, I'd really appreciate it.

Script-wise, I'm just going to promote chibiryu92, because she really wants to feel useful, and not to mention, her style of writing is great. She can really develop character through dialogue well. ^^ Or at least I think so... Not sure about her scriptwriting experience, though. Pretty much what I'm trying to say is, Don't for get her when you're descussing scriptwriting!

Oh, and I also forgot to mention, since we're starting to look for animators, I found two great flash artists on deviantart. So I'll try to send them messages asking them to join. What does everyone else think on the matter?
Can you handle us? So cool, baby, scandalous.

Tea-drinking Godot Fan

Terribly sorry I'm not in the chat - but IRL obligations are interrupting, and I was barely AWAKE at the appointed time as it is. @_@ I didn't even think I'd be home, but I have to help Mom with something today.
~Writer for "Coolest Defense in the West"~

Never Gonna Give You Up

Lady Vincira wrote:
Terribly sorry I'm not in the chat - but IRL obligations are interrupting, and I was barely AWAKE at the appointed time as it is. @_@ I didn't even think I'd be home, but I have to help Mom with something today.

What chat? The chat is tomorrow...o.o

Otakubox wrote:
Oh, and I also forgot to mention, since we're starting to look for animators, I found two great flash artists on deviantart. So I'll try to send them messages asking them to join. What does everyone else think on the matter?
I think this is a great idea. I've been trying to contact the cool flash artists when I find them, too. Buuut, usually they don't reply. When they do, its just a quick hello to tell me that they have something called a 'real life' getting in the way of doing something so big. >_> Hm.

Don't worry about being late tomorrow, TB. I'm sure it'll go for quite a while.

I have an idea that I may not get to say on the chat, so I'll post it here before I forget. I think the team leader (s) should be someone who has contributed to the project as a whole, and is online/on the thread a lot. And have good writing/editing skills. :)

CR's resident Ariel?

I'll probably be a bit late too, just 'cause of my sleeping problems. :P I don't sleep til 4 or 5 am, depending on how much insomnia I have tonight, so...10am is a biiiiit early for me, but we'll see what happens. I'll set my alarm for 10:30. :)
Proud Member of:
To hear any of my recordings:
Here!

Crazyface extraordinare

Er uh hi.
I'm Snow.
I made a flash movie a short while ago, 'the ace attorney flash'
and someone contacted me about assisting in this project.
So I'm following up on that, and I guess I'd like to offer my help?
However I'm going to warn you I am pretty lazy. one/two segment is probably all I can do max.

my work if you want to see it:
http://snowdrak.deviantart.com/art/The- ... h-88223572

-shrug- I didn't really know where to start, so I figured i'd post on here.

Oh, wow...! My efforts and contacting flash artists HAVEN'T been completely in vain!! XD Welcome, Snow! I'm so excited you're here.

Edit: and btw---You should sign up for aim and join our chat tomorrow. ^_~ 1:00pmEST/10:00amPST. Just PM Actorman

Last edited by ff3girl on Fri Jul 11, 2008 5:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Crazyface extraordinare

Sorry I took a while to get back to you.
it got buried in with a whole lot of other notes and such.

but in any case, I'm not sure how much i'll be able to do for you guys, but eh. we'll see.

Took a while...?? I just PMed you like... 2 days ago on deviant, I think! That's not that long. I'm just glad you're here. :D

Edit: and what you all really should see of her work is this

Grossberg+Payne4ever

Have fun you guys!

:sassy: Em(m)a says, "If I can't dance, I don't want to be a part of your revolution!!"

It's an earthquake SO WE'RE RAPING AWAY!

Snow: I freaking ADORE your avatar. X3
"How many cups of darkness have I had over the years, even I don't know.

I can say though, that this here cup is the best one I've ever had."
- Godot

My recordings for the PW Musical! :3

like a cherry tomato

I'm sorry I had to leave the chat only 44 minutes in, guys! xD If I'm needed for anything at all or could possibly contribute any more than I am currently (which isn't much, considering I'm only listed as a possible performer and those aren't needed just yet :P ) please, please let me know! I'm not sure whether or not it's needed yet, either, but I am fairly good at both writing and art (examples all at my livejournal if you really want to see, lol), and would happily contribute if need be.

Off for a bit of real-life responsibilities. :)
Art by me, sig put together by Shinkinrui!

Never Gonna Give You Up

Now, by popular demand...

Our own personal forum!

In the chat today we decided we needed our own forum for organizational purposes. Please head over there and register! We can still keep this thread, but activity will be primarily over there from now on, methinks. <3

Harumph!

Well, the day of reckoning came and went. A group of about 12 fellow members and I talked for two hours and we finally sorted out this mess, and I hope you'll all be pleased with the results.

Basically, for our review, I'll just type up our conclusory statements from the chat--it sums up everything pretty nicely.

We first discussed our leadership team, and decided that an appropriate team number was five: One Head, and four "sub-heads" each in charge of a part of the process.

Head: Actorman
Scripting Supervisors: Pooleterson, ff3girl
Musical Supervisors: TriforceBun, Diana Rose

This process was done via nomination. Each person in attendance nominated a fellow team member, and then the newly elected Head chose from the nominees. That way no one's feelings were hurt via a vote, and it didn't exclusively give the Head the power.

The duties of the Head will be thus: being in charge of public relations and overseeing the music and script heads and keeping everyone updated on the goings-on in the project. Also, he must keep the members ordered and make sure that there are no flaws in communication. The Head will also most likely be an honorary part of both the script and music teams, assisting where necessary on all fronts.

The remaining four members, as you saw, were split into two groups, the script supervisors and the musical supervisors. The reason for two heads of each team was that so if one head gets bogged down by external sources, there will always be another with the jurisdiction to keep the team running, as opposed the team just shutting down and having no progress.

The scripting heads will be in charge of the scripting process, including, but not limited to, outlining, editing, and organizing the script so that it flows well via transitions and writing styles. Also, they will be in charge of rehauling the scripting team, in tandem with the Head (more on that later.)

The musical heads, on the other hand, will be in charge of the sound and music aspects of the show. Assisting with sound editing and mastering to make all the final products sound consistent, and in tandem with the Head, going through applications for instrumentals.

Speaking of the production of final demos, we also came to another reasonable concensus: We must all realize now that all the songs will not make it into the project, it's just impossible. However, we did decide that all songs made will have final demos recorded, and be put up on a website under a "Songs That Are Still Awesome But Did Not Make It" category, like a director's cut CD. That way no one's feelings are hurt, but we use the songs that most drive the story.

As far as the scripting process, we reach the most difficult turning point here. We must entirely rehaul the scripting program. Basically, everyone who has a position on the script-writing team... you don't anymore. Any scripting resource written... no longer exists. I'm sorry to have to force you to do this, but it's just easier for everyone to take a deep breath and start again. Thus, I will need everyone who is interested in writing to send in an application.

In the meantime, our scripting heads will put their heads (HAH!) together and create an outline of the script. This will hopefully tell us which parts of the show are still in need of songs, as well as allow us to give general time frames for each of the cases for further editing. When we find out which portions need songs, song-writing will commence once again to create songs for the parts/characters that need them. Once that process is done... well... songwriting is closed forever. Unfortunate, since all of the musical work everyone puts forward is nothing short of amazing, but necessary to move forward. After that, the songs will be reviewed and chosen via executive decisions from the teams, and we will finish the script.

For the future, after the script is written, casting will begin, and we will begin to instate art heads to the leadership board. That is far in the future, however, and we must focus on the present for now.

But I do have something wonderful to unveil: Thanks to your new Co-Musical Head, Diana Rose, we now have a forum of our very own! Go on over to http://megalomaniacalme.net/pwmusical and register! Can't wait to see you all there.

Like always, if you have problems with anything decided, contact one of your new leaders (I'm always available if you need me) via PM or AIM.

Thanks for your constant support.
-Actorman

Page 132 of 135 [ 5398 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135  Next

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby