Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby

Page 1 of 1[ 2 posts ]

The Unofficial Guide to the Unofficial CaseMakerTopic%20Title

Diego and Mia forever

I've finally gotten around to doing this! I'm going to take some of the questions that get asked a lot, and list em here! If you have something you want to add, just post here! And these aren't in any order. I'm posting them as I find them in the CaseMaker thread ^^

1: Investigation
To make an investigation, it's all in the background. Go to your location database, and doubleclick on the link under the picture. Choose Investigation, and voila! You can now investigate. Sortof. I'm still working on that myself :gymshoe:

2: Deleting lines
If you press delete and it gets rid of more than one line, you've had the program open for too long. Just close and reopen it ^^ Also, make sure you don't hold it down too long. One tap should do it.

3: RAGE.exe
You need to have a folder called "Runtime" wherever you have the Case Maker stored, be it desktop or a seperate folder. In Runtime, put rage.exe into it, and then you should have no problems ^^

Also, here's a little step-by-step guide for characters and such, courtesy of Slezak:

Slezak wrote:
I: External File Manipulation
1. Create a folder in the Characters subdirectory of your project with an easy-to-associate name (like Wright for Phoenix Wright, Butz for Larry Butz, Maya for Maya Fey, etc.)
2. Put all the GIFs for that character into that folder.
3. Start renaming the GIFs as such:
- For the normal pose, rename the GIF to the same name as the folder. I.E. Wright for wright-normal(a).gif, etc.
- For other poses, rename the GIF to the same name as the folder with a word after it for the particular pose you want it to be associated with. For example, for Phoenix's Confident sprite, I'd name it WrightConfident.gif
- For the Talking sprites, rename the GIF to the same name as the non-talking sprite it's associated with, but with a _T at the end. For my Confident talking sprite, that would be WrightConfident_T.gif.

II. Adding Characters to your Case
1. In the editing screen for your project, go to Database->Characters.
2. In the Character Name box, enter the character's name (like Phoenix Wright, for example)
3. In the Filename box, enter the folder's name that all the character's GIFs are in (like Wright for Phoenix Wright, for example.)
4. In the Display Name/Dialog Name box (I forget exactly what it's called), enter the name you want to appear whenever the character is talking in your case (I'd use Phoenix for Phoenix Wright, for example.)
5. Optionally, you may set the character's age, whether he/she is a prosecutor, DA, or NPC/Witness, their gender, and a little profile information. Currently this has no use, unless I'm missing something.
6. Remember to hit the Create button. Your character is now ready for use!
7. To make the character appear on screen, go into an action list, click a new line, hit character appearance, choose the character you want to appear and the pose they should take. You can also enable/disable lip-syncing (like if Phoenix is thinking, you could turn this off). Additionally, after you make at least one Character Appearance line, you can set it up so the character fades in, fades out, or becomes instantly visible/invisible.

Courtesy of MechaBowser:

MechaBowser wrote:
WHAT IS RAGE.EXE?
Rage.exe is the standard exe encoding file your .exe is build from. Let's say it's like a house, and then you put your stuff into it and it becomes YOUR house. Basically Rage.exe is setting the standards. Why it's named Rage.exe is because when I beta-tested it, it liked to crash my pc.

WHAT DOES AGE, GENDER AND DESCRIPTION?
Saying that gender, age and description does nothing is technically wrong. Saying they're useless is true, though. These infos are saved in the memory and was going to be used for person evidence.

THE BLACK SCREEN THAT APPEARS WHEN YOU BUILD, WHAT IS IT?
It's the program putting all your material into it's new house, I mean Rage.exe.

SOME OLD (2.0) EXAMPLES DOESN'T WORK WITH 2.1, WRY IS THAT?
I almost entirely redid the system, so really old files had a hard time making the cut.

AFTER THE BLACK SCREEN, THE GAME FREEZES FOR SOME SECONDS, WHY IS THAT?
The game is gathering all the resources, depending on the resource file size and the case size, it'll take some time. Let it be and make sure it's in focus. It'll be done eventually.

Daughter of Xero Wright
Married to andrx
Sister to Jenna Darknight, Nego, Millini, and Dahlia
VP and Founder of the DarzieP fanclub
Re: The Unofficial Guide to the Unofficial CaseMakerTopic%20Title

Trainer Gold - Johto Champion.

What sort of file do you need for music?
To all the creepypastas, Romans, etc.
http://pa1.narvii.com/5806/85074bd75bdf ... 9d1_hq.gif
YOU JUST MESSED WITH THE WRONG PERSON!!!

Hydrophyl the Feraligatr is going to rearrange the Phantom's kneecaps! You never know, I used him, and only him - to defeat the entire E4 and all of Kanto's Gym leaders, believe it or not!

I've become a DeviantArt member! Link to my DeviantArt Here:
http://articuno32.deviantart.com/
Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby