Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby

Page 16 of 18[ 712 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
 


Re: Parental Responses to PWTopic%20Title
User avatar

[Whip the cream!]

Gender: Male

Location: Sweden

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:17 am

Posts: 6957

GyakutenFanatic wrote:
My parents even took away my 3DS, because I played GS5 a lot. (I even went past my records for SF64 3D!) So the only way I got it back was to go full Simon Blackquill on them.


Haha, what did you do when you went full Simon Blackquill on them? :kristoph:
Gimme a "P"! Gimme an "I"! Give me a "P" and an "E"! What's that spell?! Pipe!
Re: Parental Responses to PWTopic%20Title
User avatar

Super dazzle-frazzle

Gender: None specified

Location: Sweden

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:22 pm

Posts: 6830

Attacked them with a bird and wielded a katana?
(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)
Re: Parental Responses to PWTopic%20Title
User avatar

[Whip the cream!]

Gender: Male

Location: Sweden

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:17 am

Posts: 6957

GoingforMiles wrote:
Attacked them with a bird and wielded a katana?


What a way to treat the very human beings who gave you the gift of life!
Gimme a "P"! Gimme an "I"! Give me a "P" and an "E"! What's that spell?! Pipe!
Re: Parental Responses to PWTopic%20Title
User avatar

OBJECTION.I object that is objectionable

Gender: Male

Location: UK

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:20 am

Posts: 202

[quote="Vauxdan"]Assuming you live with your parents. Roommates or friends count too.

(about Case 2-2)
Me: MOOOOM! The court won't acquit my client due to possession!
My mom: .... That's nice, Katie.

(regarding Edgeworth. This is coming from my dad the lawyer.)
Me: Should a man know this color exists?
My dad: No.
Me: And see? He wears an automatic choking device.
My dad: Either they wear that in fancy British court rooms... or this game is fucked in the head.

They don't wear cravats in british courts just long robes and a wig
When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth- Sherlock Holmes
Re: Parental Responses to PWTopic%20Title
User avatar

A Seeker of Truth

Gender: Male

Location: Canada

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:04 pm

Posts: 326

AlonsoSwift wrote:
My parents are usually the 'Eh, whatever.' type.
Ace Attorney is no different.


Same :phoenix: They don't claim to understand it, they just tolerate my interest; that they said, they do like to tease me for it :godot:

My parents frequently bring up my liking for Ace Attorney in usually embarassing ways to my family and friends. It's cool though; they're only teasing in that fond, knowing way that parents usually do, not in a 'why-do-you-play-games-like-this-you-dork?' sort of way :edgey: They've never played it and have no desire to you see -nor the majority of anime/manga/video games that I watch/read/play- so they find me and my interests simply pleasantly odd, and like to poke fun at me for it :trucy:
Jeremiah 29:11-“For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.”

"No one can change the past. The only thing we can do is strive to make up for our mistakes. Why must we make up for our mistakes, you ask? Because in so doing... we can find the way back to our path. And once we've found our path, we can move on from our past mistakes toward a brighter future."- Phoenix Wright
Re: Parental Responses to PWTopic%20Title
User avatar

The law is full of contradictions.

Gender: Female

Location: LAokio

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:43 am

Posts: 294

I'm 24 and still trying to get my mother to play video games. Not working as of yet. But I think Phoenix Wright is the closest I have ever gotten to convincing her! :phoenix:
Image "Follow Your heart out of the darkness! Stand up and rise from the ashes! Back to the start, far from the madness. Come alive again! Break off the chains of hesitation! Your voice will be your salvation! Look to the light of liberation waiting at the end!"
Re: Parental Responses to PWTopic%20Title
User avatar

Your Honor! There is a contradiction!

Gender: Female

Location: Northern California

Rank: Prosecutor

Joined: Thu May 30, 2013 10:08 pm

Posts: 701

Ucha Nekome wrote:
I'm 24 and still trying to get my mother to play video games. Not working as of yet. But I think Phoenix Wright is the closest I have ever gotten to convincing her! :phoenix:


Just don't tell her it's a video game. :godot: Worked on my mom.
Re: Parental Responses to PWTopic%20Title

Gender: None specified

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:38 am

Posts: 6418

I still have trouble convincing my mom to like videogames but so far i've gotten her to watch and enjoy anime with me xD
Re: Parental Responses to PWTopic%20Title
User avatar

The law is full of contradictions.

Gender: Female

Location: LAokio

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:43 am

Posts: 294

Fool Bright wrote:
I still have trouble convincing my mom to like videogames but so far i've gotten her to watch and enjoy anime with me xD

Lucky! My mom hates anime. Especially Shonen and that's my favorite kind! I have, however, somehow gotten her to like Fullmetal Alchemist...I honestly don't know how that happened...
Image "Follow Your heart out of the darkness! Stand up and rise from the ashes! Back to the start, far from the madness. Come alive again! Break off the chains of hesitation! Your voice will be your salvation! Look to the light of liberation waiting at the end!"
Re: Parental Responses to PWTopic%20Title

Gender: None specified

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:38 am

Posts: 6418

Ucha Nekome wrote:
Fool Bright wrote:
I still have trouble convincing my mom to like videogames but so far i've gotten her to watch and enjoy anime with me xD

Lucky! My mom hates anime. Especially Shonen and that's my favorite kind! I have, however, somehow gotten her to like Fullmetal Alchemist...I honestly don't know how that happened...


Well i made sure not to watch any Ecchi anime with my mom xD. I started her off with Danganronpa since she likes murder mysteries but since we both finished it I wanna start to get her into One Piece.
Re: Parental Responses to PWTopic%20Title
User avatar

The law is full of contradictions.

Gender: Female

Location: LAokio

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:43 am

Posts: 294

Fool Bright wrote:
Ucha Nekome wrote:
Fool Bright wrote:
I still have trouble convincing my mom to like videogames but so far i've gotten her to watch and enjoy anime with me xD

Lucky! My mom hates anime. Especially Shonen and that's my favorite kind! I have, however, somehow gotten her to like Fullmetal Alchemist...I honestly don't know how that happened...


Well i made sure not to watch any Ecchi anime with my mom xD. I started her off with Danganronpa since she likes murder mysteries but since we both finished it I wanna start to get her into One Piece.

I tried to get her to watch One Piece...she hates it... TT-TT
Image "Follow Your heart out of the darkness! Stand up and rise from the ashes! Back to the start, far from the madness. Come alive again! Break off the chains of hesitation! Your voice will be your salvation! Look to the light of liberation waiting at the end!"
Re: Parental Responses to PWTopic%20Title

Gender: None specified

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:38 am

Posts: 6418

Ucha Nekome wrote:
Fool Bright wrote:
Well i made sure not to watch any Ecchi anime with my mom xD. I started her off with Danganronpa since she likes murder mysteries but since we both finished it I wanna start to get her into One Piece.

I tried to get her to watch One Piece...she hates it... TT-TT


How could anyone hate one piece!? O_O
Re: Parental Responses to PWTopic%20Title
User avatar

The law is full of contradictions.

Gender: Female

Location: LAokio

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:43 am

Posts: 294

Fool Bright wrote:
Ucha Nekome wrote:
Fool Bright wrote:
Well i made sure not to watch any Ecchi anime with my mom xD. I started her off with Danganronpa since she likes murder mysteries but since we both finished it I wanna start to get her into One Piece.

I tried to get her to watch One Piece...she hates it... TT-TT


How could anyone hate one piece!? O_O

I know right?!
Image "Follow Your heart out of the darkness! Stand up and rise from the ashes! Back to the start, far from the madness. Come alive again! Break off the chains of hesitation! Your voice will be your salvation! Look to the light of liberation waiting at the end!"
Re: Parental Responses to PWTopic%20Title

Gender: None specified

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:38 am

Posts: 6418

Ucha Nekome wrote:
Fool Bright wrote:
Ucha Nekome wrote:
I tried to get her to watch One Piece...she hates it... TT-TT


How could anyone hate one piece!? O_O

I know right?!


I call Blasphemy on that part >.>. I would understand if it was Fairy Tail :hotti:
Re: Parental Responses to PWTopic%20Title
User avatar

How ironic

Gender: Male

Location: Canada, eh?

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:05 pm

Posts: 1933

Was it the 4kids version of One Piece that you showed her? If it was that, I could understand it.
My let's Play channel! Shameless plug!
Current Project: Sly Cooper & The Thievius Racoonus
My Twitter Account
Re: Parental Responses to PWTopic%20Title
User avatar

The law is full of contradictions.

Gender: Female

Location: LAokio

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:43 am

Posts: 294

dimentiorules wrote:
Was it the 4kids version of One Piece that you showed her? If it was that, I could understand it.

Hell no! Are you crazy? I wouldn't touch that bile if it was with a ten foot pole! I showed her Funimation's dub.
Image "Follow Your heart out of the darkness! Stand up and rise from the ashes! Back to the start, far from the madness. Come alive again! Break off the chains of hesitation! Your voice will be your salvation! Look to the light of liberation waiting at the end!"
Re: Parental Responses to PWTopic%20Title

Gender: None specified

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:38 am

Posts: 6418

Ucha Nekome wrote:
dimentiorules wrote:
Was it the 4kids version of One Piece that you showed her? If it was that, I could understand it.

Hell no! Are you crazy? I wouldn't touch that bile if it was with a ten foot pole! I showed her Funimation's dub.


no no no don't do that either xD omg thats terrible xD. Show her the actual sub version.
Re: Parental Responses to PWTopic%20Title
User avatar

Your Honor! There is a contradiction!

Gender: Female

Location: Northern California

Rank: Prosecutor

Joined: Thu May 30, 2013 10:08 pm

Posts: 701

Fool Bright wrote:
Ucha Nekome wrote:
dimentiorules wrote:
Was it the 4kids version of One Piece that you showed her? If it was that, I could understand it.

Hell no! Are you crazy? I wouldn't touch that bile if it was with a ten foot pole! I showed her Funimation's dub.


no no no don't do that either xD omg thats terrible xD. Show her the actual sub version.


But keep the 4kids rap in.
Re: Parental Responses to PWTopic%20Title

Gender: None specified

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:38 am

Posts: 6418

shippersdreamer wrote:
Fool Bright wrote:
no no no don't do that either xD omg thats terrible xD. Show her the actual sub version.


But keep the 4kids rap in.


That rap is used by cops to torture criminals xD
Re: Parental Responses to PWTopic%20Title
User avatar

Your Honor! There is a contradiction!

Gender: Female

Location: Northern California

Rank: Prosecutor

Joined: Thu May 30, 2013 10:08 pm

Posts: 701

Fool Bright wrote:
shippersdreamer wrote:
Fool Bright wrote:
no no no don't do that either xD omg thats terrible xD. Show her the actual sub version.


But keep the 4kids rap in.


That rap is used by cops to torture criminals xD


"Tell or else."
"Or else...what?"
YO! GAYO GAAAAYOOOO DREAMING! DON'T GIVE IT UP LUFFAY!
"OH GOD I'LL TALK!! JUST PLEASE DON"T PLAY IT AGAIN!!!"
Re: Parental Responses to PWTopic%20Title

Gender: None specified

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:38 am

Posts: 6418

shippersdreamer wrote:
Fool Bright wrote:
That rap is used by cops to torture criminals xD


"Tell or else."
"Or else...what?"
YO! GAYO GAAAAYOOOO DREAMING! DON'T GIVE IT UP LUFFAY!
"OH GOD I'LL TALK!! JUST PLEASE DON"T PLAY IT AGAIN!!!"


Criminal's reaction after hearing the song xD

Image
Re: Parental Responses to PWTopic%20Title
User avatar

The law is full of contradictions.

Gender: Female

Location: LAokio

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:43 am

Posts: 294

Fool Bright wrote:
shippersdreamer wrote:
Fool Bright wrote:
That rap is used by cops to torture criminals xD


"Tell or else."
"Or else...what?"
YO! GAYO GAAAAYOOOO DREAMING! DON'T GIVE IT UP LUFFAY!
"OH GOD I'LL TALK!! JUST PLEASE DON"T PLAY IT AGAIN!!!"


Criminal's reaction after hearing the song xD

Image


I like Funimation's dub thankyou very much!...And my mom's half blind and can't read subs...
Oh and LOL!
Image "Follow Your heart out of the darkness! Stand up and rise from the ashes! Back to the start, far from the madness. Come alive again! Break off the chains of hesitation! Your voice will be your salvation! Look to the light of liberation waiting at the end!"
Re: Parental Responses to PWTopic%20Title

Gender: None specified

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:38 am

Posts: 6418

Ucha Nekome wrote:
I like Funimation's dub thankyou very much!...And my mom's half blind and can't read subs...
Oh and LOL!


Enjoy the horrible american voices xD. Well dub works for her then :P
Re: Parental Responses to PWTopic%20Title
User avatar

A Seeker of Truth

Gender: Male

Location: Canada

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:04 pm

Posts: 326

Ishimaru Kiyotaka wrote:
Ucha Nekome wrote:
I like Funimation's dub thankyou very much!...And my mom's half blind and can't read subs...
Oh and LOL!


Enjoy the horrible american voices xD. Well dub works for her then :P


I found the dub good myself :phoenix: That said, I usually end up watching dub even if it's bad, and that's for the same reason I'd imagine newcomers would pick dub over sub; it's a lot easier to watch an anime by simply listening to it instead of trying to pay attention to the action AND read the subtitles below at once. :yogi:

On a different note, I MAY someday -when I'm brave enough- attempt to get the parentals to TRY and give an anime a shot; what's a good one to start off people who are new to the scene with you think? Death Note maybe? :ron:
Jeremiah 29:11-“For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.”

"No one can change the past. The only thing we can do is strive to make up for our mistakes. Why must we make up for our mistakes, you ask? Because in so doing... we can find the way back to our path. And once we've found our path, we can move on from our past mistakes toward a brighter future."- Phoenix Wright
Re: Parental Responses to PWTopic%20Title
User avatar

Axiomatically Otiose

Gender: Male

Location: Live on Stage

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:23 am

Posts: 2828

Oh god... showing my parents anime was a terrible idea. Now when they know I've watched it they make fun of it by trying to mock the sounds of the voices, and things like that, and say "What? Isn't what you're watching though?"

I tried showing them Ace Attorney, but much like Animal Crossing, Dad found it 'boring shitless' and mum watched for about a minute, and said 'I don't know what's happening' and walked away.
Re: Parental Responses to PWTopic%20Title
User avatar

How ironic

Gender: Male

Location: Canada, eh?

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:05 pm

Posts: 1933

I've never actually shown my mother GS, though I have told her about it. I told her about the different characters and the puns of their names as well as the different prosecutor's. When I told her that there was a female prosecutor who uses a whip, she said "Typical that it's a woman that's using a whip". She also assumed that she wore revealing clothing just because she used a whip, and I told her that there aren't very many skimpily dressed women in the Ace Attorney series. When I told her that there was a bomb disposal expert named Ted Tonate, she didn't get the pun at first, until I explained it to her. All in all, she says that the series is interesting, though it she said that it should have been a TV show rather than a game, as she thinks that games shouldn't focus on story and rather on gameplay. She never got the point of games like Metal Gear Solid, where she said, "If they were going to make a game that's basically a movie, why not just make a movie?".
My let's Play channel! Shameless plug!
Current Project: Sly Cooper & The Thievius Racoonus
My Twitter Account
Re: Parental Responses to PWTopic%20Title

Gender: Female

Location: Númenor... but that's gone.

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 5:59 pm

Posts: 34

dimentiorules wrote:
I've never actually shown my mother GS, though I have told her about it.

Me too! My mom thought it sounded good because it involved brain power. But she's never seen it or played it.
Image
Re: Parental Responses to PWTopic%20Title
User avatar

Super dazzle-frazzle

Gender: None specified

Location: Sweden

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:22 pm

Posts: 6830

Mostly people say it sounds fun when they ask about the games and I tell them what it's about. Also, I used to have a picture of me with my homemade Godot visor on and holding a coffee mug as my Facebook profile pic, and that's how a classmate of mine learned I was into the games and one day they randomly called my name and asked "You play Phoenix Wright?" Then some weeks later we had a drunken conversation about Dual destinies on a party (no, of course we were drunk at school).
And another classmate knew a little bit about Ace Attorney before, or at least that it exists, then after I'd held a presentation of my "Real law's impact on Ace Attorney and vice versa" project they said it made them want to play the games. And perhaps a week later they asked me if I knew somewhere to download it. Another one saved. :acro:
(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)
Re: Parental Responses to PWTopic%20Title
User avatar

IT'S HAPPENING

Gender: Male

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Mon Feb 17, 2014 7:07 am

Posts: 21

My mom looked over while I was playing AAI in the airport and asked why Edgeworth wore "those funky clothes" (or something along those lines).

...That's about it. :ron:
Re: Parental Responses to PWTopic%20Title
User avatar

[Whip the cream!]

Gender: Male

Location: Sweden

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:17 am

Posts: 6957

Not parental, but since other people have written about the reactions of their other peers... A friend of mine simply refers to the game/s as "That game with the hot prosecutors?"...
Gimme a "P"! Gimme an "I"! Give me a "P" and an "E"! What's that spell?! Pipe!
Re: Parental Responses to PWTopic%20Title

Gender: Male

Rank: Desk Jockey

Joined: Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:05 pm

Posts: 77

I play it with my grandma and she loves it!
Re: Parental Responses to PWTopic%20Title
User avatar

Super dazzle-frazzle

Gender: None specified

Location: Sweden

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:22 pm

Posts: 6830

Friend: You play... those kind of... games... don't you... Or is it just one?
Me: Yeah.

I don't even know what I was answerring to but I damn well know what she meant.
(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)
Re: Parental Responses to PWTopic%20Title
User avatar

[Whip the cream!]

Gender: Male

Location: Sweden

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:17 am

Posts: 6957

GoingforMiles wrote:
Friend: You play... those kind of... games... don't you... Or is it just one?
Me: Yeah.

I don't even know what I was answerring to but I damn well know what she meant.


What did she mean?
Gimme a "P"! Gimme an "I"! Give me a "P" and an "E"! What's that spell?! Pipe!
Re: Parental Responses to PWTopic%20Title
User avatar

Super dazzle-frazzle

Gender: None specified

Location: Sweden

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:22 pm

Posts: 6830

Well, Ace Attorney and stuff like that. Otherwise I wouldn't have written it in a thread about Ace Attorney.
(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)
Re: Parental Responses to PWTopic%20Title
User avatar

[Whip the cream!]

Gender: Male

Location: Sweden

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:17 am

Posts: 6957

GoingforMiles wrote:
Well, Ace Attorney and stuff like that. Otherwise I wouldn't have written it in a thread about Ace Attorney.


I'm still lost. :larry: But I guess there's nothing to explain.
Gimme a "P"! Gimme an "I"! Give me a "P" and an "E"! What's that spell?! Pipe!
Re: Parental Responses to PWTopic%20Title
User avatar

Super dazzle-frazzle

Gender: None specified

Location: Sweden

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:22 pm

Posts: 6830

Not really.

At least I understood what I said so... part success.
(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)
Re: Parental Responses to PWTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Male

Location: Toronto, Ontario

Rank: Desk Jockey

Joined: Thu May 16, 2013 3:46 pm

Posts: 58

My dad loves to watch the infamous "Boot to the Head" skit on Youtube from time to time.
Re: Parental Responses to PWTopic%20Title

Nick + Maya = win

Gender: Female

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:53 pm

Posts: 34

When my mom and I play PW we give the characters voices based off of what we think they'll sound like. She really likes :godot: by the way.
Re: Parental Responses to PWTopic%20Title
User avatar

The Thinker

Gender: Female

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:12 pm

Posts: 29

-My dad thinks attorneys are cool so when I told him about the game he thought it was interesting
-My mom is an avid reader so when I told her it was a visual novel she thought it was cool

that's it
Re: Parental Responses to PWTopic%20Title

Hold on, let me ask my manager.

Gender: None specified

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Mon Apr 14, 2014 2:29 am

Posts: 22

My mom has actually played 1-1+1-2 and she liked them. Since I had the ios port I skipped her to AJ to wait for the 3ds port.
Image
Page 16 of 18 [ 712 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  

 Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby

Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 3 guests

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum
Jump to:  
News News Site map Site map SitemapIndex SitemapIndex RSS Feed RSS Feed Channel list Channel list
Powered by phpBB

phpBB SEO