Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby

Page 14 of 18[ 718 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

Re: Parental Responses to PWTopic%20Title

No. 1 edgeworth fangirl!!!

Right, i went to my friends b-day party and we were playing phoenix wright out in the garden with my other mates. The kitchen window was open where her mom was baking. We were shouting OBJECTION and HOLD IT at the top of our voices. when we finished and went inside for dinner we were taking about it and her mom (a retired defense attorney) said...
"I heard you all playing lawyers outside, did you know you don't actually get to shout OBJECTION, HOLD IT, and TAKE THAT in an actual courtroom. You get sent out if you do"

SHE CRUSHED MY LIFELONG DREAM!!!!!!! I HATE HER!!!!! :phoenix: :edgeworth: :maggy:
I think i am in love with miles edgeworth
:phoenix: :maya: :franny: :edgy: :ema: :phoenix: :ka-whip:

Siren wrote:
My sister and I both love the AA series, but we didn't really show them to our parents. Last week, my sister was replaying GS1, case 5, and she showed Gant's breakdown to my mom. Not the best move, I guess she thinks AA is really weird right now (after all, Gant's breakdown was kind of... epic).

OMG it totally was, and gants epic stare of death. It's kinda creepy. Manfred von Karmas breakdown was funniest though, he bangs his head against the wall!!! <3 :damon: :zap: :headbang:

My sister hates the games but tries to show off about them so she can try to be as good as me. Once we were on a long plane journey and she said
"i'm on case 5 in 'the first one'"
"umm do you even know what the first game's called? Anyway, shut up i'm busy"
"but but i want you to see how far i am"
"I don't care, i'm trying to figure out this case on T&T for the third time running! it stumps me every time
"but, but"
"ok whatever" *checks game*
"ella, your'e not even on case one, let alone case 5"
:lana:

SMASHING DAY FOR A BARBEQUE.

I let my dad have a go at T & T, but he didnt really get a lot of it. I suppose it would have helped to have the first two games before that but i lost original AA and JFA...I decided T & T would be better.
He managed to get to case 3-2...just. He decided it was too hard xD

edgeygavin wrote:

Now she just sighs at any mention, and it doesn't help that my 10-year-old sister, Maddy, goes on about "Mystic Maya" ALL the time. (she's only played 2 and a bit cases of PW2 an is halfway through PW3, but she's been on the same case for years. She plaays it for maya. and only maya. she played the tres bien case simply for maya in waitress uniform.).

Well my sis is pretty much the same, She is 10 too but instead of mystic maya its "ema skye" this and "ema skye" that. She even steals my DS just so she can play the case with Ema in it. She then gives it back a few weeks later saying "hey, your DS was under the sofa" or some other gay excuse like that, then it mysteriously goes missing a few days later again. Hmmmmmm... i wonder where it could have gone
:notes: :sassy:
And her first reaction when she saw maya channel mia whilst watching me play was
"why have Mayas boobs gone big all of a sudden"

My mom's only played a little bit of T&T [and it was because I was stuck and desperate so she offered to help even if she'd never played before - but she did end up helping me out!] and she thinks it would make a great anime and she'd probably watch it often if it became one, but as a video game it's too tedious for her. She does find it interesting though, and the only characters she knows by name are Phoenix and Edgeworth, XD

My dad hasn't played it before but he's familiar with Lang because I used to doodle him a lot and he'd help me come up with funny "Lang Zi says" sayings to put on the doodles.

My aunt has played 1-1 and while she said she liked it and would play again, I guess she got too stoned to remember she ever said that. I don't mind though XD

My cousin randomly took the DS from me while I was playing through GK-2, and she was pretty good at it and finished the case without too much trouble even if she didn't understand what was going on. She told me that it was a funny game but there's too much reading involved for her stoner mind. She likes Professor Layton though.

My brother has played, and isn't too fond of it but he did try it out. He was never fond of "choose your own adventure" books and he always compared the games to one of those, so it just wasn't his cup of tea. He also wasn't amused by how mentally insane all the characters were but could see the appeal in it. He did think Armstrong was hilarious, though.

And my uncle thinks Phoenix is gay. :I

My mom has only played 4-2. She stopped playing after she kept getting game over because of Stickler's testimony. And I thought it was funny when she thought Alita was Pearl when she first saw her >_>

She's read all my fics, so she knows a lot about PW just from that.

Where are Mr. Trite and Herr Forehead?

One day me and my sibling were folding laundry(and my brothers the only one who plays the games)
Him: hey, doesn't (name of sister) look like that girl in Apollo justice?
Me: which one?
Him: y'know, Alita?
Sister: huh? Who's that?
Me: oh just a character who murders someone and tries to blame her fiancee for it.
Sister: uhhhhh

Meep? :<

Oh, I have a funny little story to share.

I like talking to my mom about anything, even if she'll have no idea what it is. A few years ago I had just completed JFA, and she and I were sitting outside at a restaurant and talking. I started to tell her about the game and when I got to the part with "an old lady wearing a space helmet and shooting me with a ray gun" she just... spat out her beer and laughed her ass off for at least five minutes. XD;; I love my mom.

The Ace Attorney's Magical Daughter

Today in our living room:

Mom: "Huh? The Circus' case's finally over?"
Me: "Jup."
Mom: "And? Who did it?"
Me: "The acrobat."
Mom: "Who?"
Me: "The acrobat in the wheel chair."
Mom: "That guy didn't even show up."
Me: "He testified just now."
Mom: "I didn't see him."
Me: "Well, you should have stuck around."
Mom: "Well, and how did he do it?"
Me: "From his room."
Mom: ...?
Me: "He smacked the ringmaster a bust on the head from above."
Mom: ...Why?!
Me: "Revenge for his brother."
Mom: " He has a brother?"
Me: "He's in coma. Bitten by a lion because he wanted to date the ringmaster's daughter."
Mom: O-o;
Me: "Oh, and she was the intended target of the murder. She was just too dumb to show up."
Mom: "... O-O... Now... What about the man in the cape the clown saw?"
Me: "That was the bust."
Mom: "But it was a man! He wore the cape!"
Me: "It was the bust. The bust was wearing the cape."
Mom: "Why should the BUST be wearing a cape?"
Me: "Dunno. And now, excuse me, I have to make fast, so my assitant finally gets kidnapped, so I get to the good stuff."
Mom: "..." *shakes head and continues ironing*

*later*

Mom: *sees Will Powers* "Who's THAT?!"
Me: "Phoenix' third client ever. He invited them."
Mom: "..."
Me: "He is a children's TV actor, but choose never to show his face in TV, because he thinks it might scare the kids. So he always wears a mask."
Mom: "... Wise choice."

...Because I felt the need to advertise my fanfic with a self-drawn, animated banner. Yes, I'm obsessed, why do you ask?

11pm at night
my room

mom comes in
"WHY THE HELL HAVEN'T YOU GONE TO BED YET!!!"
"..."
"are you playing that stupid game AGAIN"
"..."
"well i'm consficating your ds"
"mom, don't please, look i'm nearly finished..." (carries on like this for a bit)
"Okay then"

1am
my room

Awwwww, not fair. i've finished and won't have anything to play now!

Well then you should have gone to bed! XD

Matryoshka~

Ok, I was playing 1-5 on WiiWare and these were my family's reactions (they were all watching as the Wii is in the living room):

Brother: All you do is press the A button. You don't do anything.
Me: You have to make logical decisions that only smart people can make. Of course you wouldn't know anything about that.
Dad: *sees the crime scene photo* WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU PLAYING!!
Mum: (The only one who has seen me play it before) Are you on a different case, then?
Me: Yup.
Mum: I thought so.

*a few days later* WARNING: This contains 1-5 spoilers, and possible 1-2 spoilers!
Me: Mum, I finished Rise from the Ashes!
Mum: Great! So, who did it?
Me: Gant.
Mum: No way! He was such a nice guy!!
Me: It was just an act, duh. Kinda like April May.
Mum: Is she the pink girl with the boobs?
Me: Yes, the pink girl with the boobs.

Maxie Marauder wrote:
And my uncle thinks Phoenix is gay. :I

don't worry! me and my friend were having a Phoenix wright conversation and she said that she thought Klavier Gavin was fit. Mum asked who he was so i showed her a piccyture and all of a sudden she just decided he's gay

Another time i showed her edgey and phoenix and she decided they were gay too

:objection:

I DON'T AGREE!!!!!

Je voudrais une anana, s'il vous plait.

:udgy: "If it wasn't a bright red guitar...THEN IT MUST HAVE BEEN A BRIGHT BLACK GUITAR!!"
:udgy: "What are we driving at?? And who's car are we driving??"
:ka-whip: :udgy:
My mom laughs so hard at these lines.
Everytime Franziska whips the Judge, my mom thinks its hilarious.

My friends love the AA series. When I tried explaining AA:T&T to my friend, she literally had this expression on her face: :eh?:
"Dilon mein tum apne betabiyaan leke chal rahe ho, toh zinda ho tum..."
"If you carry impatience in your heart, you are alive..."

N3OPHYT3 L3G1SL4C3R4TOR

I don't talk to my parents about my games, usually.

My mother is disinterested in video games altogether, but my father used to play SNES games with me when I was a kid.

My parents haven't watched me play because I just started playing the Ace Attorney games while I was in the middle of college this past few months. I've had my roommates, some other college friends, and my cousins see though. I can't give specific examples because I don't remember, but here we go.

After I got home from school for spring break, I was showing Ace Attorney to two of my cousins to see if they would be interested or not, so I did the first three cases in Ace Attorney 1.

After I did the second case, Redd White has become an inside joke between myself and those two cousins.
DIAMONDZ!

One cousin hates Sal Manella and Winston Payne. He says Sal should be killed, and that Winston Payne sounds like a "fucking asshole." He regularly facepalms at the judge's naivety.

An almost universal reaction to first seeing Mia Fey by my roommates, college friends, and cousins were "She has big boobs."

When playing at school, almost all my friends were hooked into the series when watching me play. These included my roommates Sam and Ryan, and friends Kofi, Nate, Eric, Adel, and JC.

When playing 3-1 for the first time, Ryan thought Mia and Dalia were lesbian lovers.

When playing 1-4, when they explain the ballistic markings for guns and bullets, Sam commented "Hey look, this game is actually explaining something that makes sense!" He was also weirded out by Pearl channeling Mia. Then, in 3-2, when Godot first shows up, he was saying Godot was weird for his visor, always drinking coffee, and his ability to use the force to summon coffee from no where. He also thinks Franziska is a bitch for her whip.

Kofi finds Winston Payne's objection hilarious. He thought Manfred's objection sounded like a demon. He, along with Nate, has probably gotten into the series the most out of everyone, because whenever I'd get in the courtroom and I'd get stuck, those two would really get into it and try to help me figure out what I'd have to present if I got stuck. He laughs regularly at the Judge's stupidity, and thinks he's a bitch for getting pushed around by Manfred.

Nate, as I said above got really into the game in the court sessions. I can't remember exact examples, but he was really into it when I was playing 1-4 and 2-4, especially after Maya gets kidnapped and Matt Engarde reveals his true self. When Franziska is introduced and she mentions Edgeworth, I was trying to explain how Franziska is linked to Edgeworth, and he though Franziska was Edgeworth's biddy. I'm not exactly sure how I would explain the meaning of biddy because it's used as slang, but for those unfamiliar with the word, just think of it as girlfriend, for a lack of better words.

Eric was really into the music. I've seen him do a little shimmy when the Objection! 2001 music was playing. I've also seen him mimic the Edgeworth finger tap on forehead animation whenever he did it in the courtroom.

Adel mimicked Phoenix's document animation before.

And finally, though the game was interesting and said he might get it. When I was doing 2-2 was the first time he saw me play the game, so when I was in court and they were talking about the spirit channeling stuff, he had a really confused look on his face and asked "Is this supposed to be part of the game?" So I explained to him that it was, and the spirit medium stuff was major to the plot. He also looks like Bruce Goodman.
*cough*
Shameless advertisement for my Ask Edgeworth blog.
*cough*

whut?

You guys are all lucky that you have parents you can even show these games to. Whenever my mum even sees me with the DS, she gives me dirty looks and, if she's in a bad mood, will mock me for playing "trash for 12-year-olds" and tell me to get a life. Myeah.... she has a burning hatred for all my geeky tendencies. My dad's more understanding but mostly indifferent.

I once asked some guy I'd gone on a couple of dates on, who labelled himself a "gamer", if he'd ever played any Phoenix Wright. He had no clue what I was on about, even when I showed him the "objection!" pose/picture. Needless to say, that relationship withered and died pretty quickly XD

The closest I ever got to converting a nonbeliever was showing a friend of mine the infamous "Boot to the head" skit and another parody vid with Phoenix and Godot. I then tried to get him to play case 3-4 (the first chronologically in the series), but he gave up after five minutes and admitted to being "scared and confused". le sigh.

I'm bad at puzzle solving..

My mum enjoys hearing my tales of Phoenix Wright and his adventures. I want her to play it so badly.
Professor Layton & The Lost Future. Best game ever.

I live everywhere and nowhere, usually as Kumori. My YouTube is 'WoodULikeSumCatFood', shamelessly ripped from a friend of mine.

My mom played the first Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney game. She was addicted to it for quite some time. I couldn't even use my DS xD

My dad, however, flat out refused to play it. He said he hates reading and prefers arcade type of games.

mashowasho wrote:
You guys are all lucky that you have parents you can even show these games to. Whenever my mum even sees me with the DS, she gives me dirty looks and, if she's in a bad mood, will mock me for playing "trash for 12-year-olds" and tell me to get a life. Myeah.... she has a burning hatred for all my geeky tendencies.

This. :yogi: Doesn't bother me though!! She's missing out!

Gone sarnet, Gunter!

I'm kinda sad that my parents don't know how to speak english. It's kinda hard to explain/translate stuff to them when the game is practically a visual novel and contains words that I don't even know how to say in spanish, though I have been getting my mom to play some games. She likes to fish in The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess and she was addicted to this one multiplayer game that my brother downloaded from the XBOX Live Arcade at one point.
My goal for the future is that we can play Fable together... Or maybe Skyrim.

Visit my site! It's running smoothly. Just needs content!

Oh yeah, I talked to a friend of mine on the phone the other day. I let him borrow my Wii to play all 3 games. He was playing the first one and got to Edgey's extremely sad case. He called me the next day and this was our conversation:
(for all intent and purposes, just because I feel like it, I'm going to be Maya and he shall be...um..you know what? he's gonna be Furio Tigre)
:maya: "So how do you like the game?"
:zenitora: "It's really cool...although just one question..."
:maya: "Yeah?"
:zenitora: "WHO PLAYS MANFRED VON KARMA?? BOWSER??? What the hell kind of objection is that???"

tastes like new reed

Mom: Didn't care. All she really plays on the DS is Brain Age. She doesn't even check her brain age anymore. All she does is plays Virus Buster.
Dad: Liked to watch. One time he even shouted "Objection!" and "Hold It!" when I was playing in the car.

Procrastinator.

Mom: What are you playing?
Me: Oh uhh, its a game where you play as a lawyer and then you have to find evidence and go to court and win... And this game has a lot of funny lines.
Mom: No wonder you keep laughing so loudly by yourself.
Koishi x Flandre.

Seeing as I am 19, I don't usually talk about the games I play, apart from when I'm on the internet. But I do recommend games to my mother from time to time, as she does have a little interest in videogames. She is a fan of Mario Kart, have completed OOT and Twilight Princess and owns her own Wii (even bought one for her work). I tried to make her play the first PW game on wiiware once, and she played the first two cases and then... quit... she looked interested through 1-1, but not so much with 1-2... and I blame April May entirely! ...oh, and perhaps the whole spiritual Maya thing, I think she found that quite off-putting aswell.
..Then again, I doubt she would have enjoyed 1-3. I should have given her JFA instead :P

Anyway, she and her husband are now having a blast with Professor Layton.. problem is, there is no Wiiware version of Layton, so my DS are occupied quite frequently :payne:
Latest game update: 25/03/11
If anyone is interested in helping me with the script, please PM me.
UPDATE: Case 2 preview: http://www.4shared.com/video/JAKBIUPG/AAJAD2.html

My mom got all of the Wii Ware versions for my birthday. Well, actually, the first one was for no reason. I got AA:JFA first for no other reason other than that I really wanted it and my mom was totally fine with it. She thought it was really awesome and bought it! And then for my 15th birthday...or maybe it was 16th? But anyway, I got the other two for Wii Ware, and again she was so happy about it and she even like them too!

Former anti-shipper

My parents, unfortunately, aren't very gamer-ish. My mother is interested in no kind of games except the games on our SNES, and my Dad plays nothing but Halo and Portal.

They both think it's strange how I like such a series.

However, I have talked about it that this happened on my way home in the car from school:

Dad: *mumbling towards Mom* You're so weird...

Mom: *gasp* OBJECTION! *points finger at him*

... Although, it was probably to mess around with me.

My little brother won't even LOOK at the series. If I say something in the series is good, he'll just go and say Gears of War or Halo is better.

I guess the only one in my family I can get the word across to is my little sister... once she's old enough to play games I mean...
Thanks to PandaPrinzessin for the amazing signature.

I am SomariFeyWright, the freaky and happy shipper-hating son of ToonBlade and Franzika Von ehmpke5, and brother of bethanyann96, Game Over, and >Mario.<

an awesome avvy by my best friend Harumi

SomariFeyWright wrote:
My parents, unfortunately, aren't very gamer-ish. My mother is interested in no kind of games except the games on our SNES, and my Dad plays nothing but Halo and Portal.

They both think it's strange how I like such a series.

However, I have talked about it that this happened on my way home in the car from school:

Dad: *mumbling towards Mom* You're so weird...

Mom: *gasp* OBJECTION! *points finger at him*

... Although, it was probably to mess around with me.

My little brother won't even LOOK at the series. If I say something in the series is good, he'll just go and say Gears of War or Halo is better.

I guess the only one in my family I can get the word across to is my little sister... once she's old enough to play games I mean...

I know that feel man and good luck!

Made by the fabulous Vickinator!

gumption

My dad doesn't know English. If only he were Japanese, instead of Chinese... But I don't think he would like games like Ace Attorney anyway.

My mom doesn't play video games at all, and she isn't very good at English.

And my friends... AGH! Literally no one I know even recognizes Ace Attorney! WHY!? What I wouldn't give to have one of them as obsessed as I am.. I always spazz to them about it, but mostly they ignore me. And I like making random allusions to the games when talking to other people, and no one never knows what I'm talking about. Hehe. I showed one of my friends the trailer to PL vs AA the other day though, and she just said the music was pretty cool. And she thinks Professor Layton is adorable lol.

The only people who I can talk about Ace Attorney to are my brother and sister. But neither of them are as obsessed with it as I am XD And I think they're tired of it.

Wow, so many people actually have friends who play Ace Attorney with them. I am currently in the process of trying to convert people XD
"The witness will refrain from wonton winking!"

My fan fiction

prosecuting never looked so good ;)

Its odd, none of my family shows that much interest in it. My mum will say, thats nice, but if you want to be a lawyer you have to work for it, and none of my friends are as big as a fan as i am, but the oddest thing happened a while back. I had just got JFA and was spending every waking moment playing it, abandoning my copy of AA but i had two DS'. One day i went to visit my grandparents and took my old DS with AA in it by accident so when i found out i was p($$@d of and forgot it when i went home. About a week later i got a call from my granddad (65) and the first thing he said to me was.
"Zac, where do you have to examine to find proof of gourdy?"
It took me a minute to work out what he was talking about but when i asked him he said he had picked up my DS and started playing from the first case and was now stuck on case 4. I was shocked, but now he has played and completed all the series HA!

Its odd, but me and my granddad work as a team now, especially playing Prof. Layton series
When life gives you lemons, leave them and get a lollipop instead.

CHOO CHOO! ALL ABOARD THE HYPE EXPRESS!

The truth will see you free~

My parents doesn't care much about the PW games, they actually think it's boring. But I get to have fun with them sometimes, like spurting the quotes from the series every now and then.

Mom: We're having (least favorite food here) for dinner.
Me: Objection!
Mom: What's with the objection!?
Me: I object...for objection's sake!

Something along those lines. XD

I got my friends hooked into PW lately and they're our main source of inspiration when it comes to debates, homework and conversation. My bestfriend, who's an artist, has been drawing nothing but Phoenix Wright characters lately, to think that she was the one who said that the game was nothing but a waste of time.

The funny thing about my other friend? Well, her mom doesn't allow them to play games like Harvest Moon or Mario Bros. or Resident Evil or almost any videogame for that matter. Her mom practically bans them from playing unless they're finished with homework, cleaned the house and all that stuff.

But Phoenix Wright was the exception. It's the only game her mother actually approves of. XD
Sig by joa_fan. ^_^

All shall bow before the mighty Godog!!!

When I started playing the game, I got stuck in the second case. I showed my dad, and he actually helped me! :edgy: after that, he'd sometimes watch me play!

I don't even know if my mom knows about this game...

All my friends know about the game is my obsession with it, and of course, :objection:

Objection!

Vauxdan wrote:
(This is coming from my dad the lawyer.)

Why do I get the feeling that most of us would have an easier time with a Phoenix Wright game than any attorney?

Seriously, I've taken the LSAT and some things in Phoenix Wright are harder.

Anyway, the extent of my parents' involvement in Phoenix Wright is when they ask me to shut my door because they're tired of hearing the looping music when I decide to leave the game on for a bit while I'm not playing.

iloveedgeworth wrote:
"I heard you all playing lawyers outside, did you know you don't actually get to shout OBJECTION, HOLD IT, and TAKE THAT in an actual courtroom. You get sent out if you do"

How could she know that unless she (or someone else) has done that?

I've seen several court proceedings in video and in person (trials are open to anyone in the public to sit and observe, which I do as much as I can). While attorneys might not shout "Hold it!" and "Take that!", they do actually say "Objection" in a rather loud voice if they want to make sure that a witness doesn't answer a question, or so that if they do answer the question, the attorney's voice will drown it out.

Too bad. Waluigi Time.

I got my mom into the series, but she's been stuck on Angel Starr's testimony in 1-5 for about three months. My dad isn't much of a gamer.

The video game boy; the one who wins

Well... I have one sibling who is 6 years old, she doesn't know what kind of games they are, but she likes to look at the drawings I've made with AA-characters, and she thinks Angel Starr, Franziska, Mia and Desirée are attractive, Athena is pretty and Apollo is cute. And she thought it was fun when I played Apollo's Objection theme, which started with him shouting "Objection!" and even made a nearly perfect impression of it despite never having heard the word before. She has also threatened to steal "your Maya" from me. I don't think her dad knows about the games but when I listened to the soundtrack in the kitchen he stood and listened for a while, then said, with a voice dripping of sarcasm: "How exciting. I can't wait for the sequel." Well, neither can I.

Then I got another one of my sibling, who is older, into the games, and it was from that sibling my mum heard about Ace attorney. When talking about them, both my mum and I refer to it as "the lawyer game" and basically all she knows is that it's about lawyers, there's a prosecutor I find attractive in it and that I'm pretty obsessed with it. One time she picked up the cover to AJ and asked if "that hot prosecutor" was on it, and when I said no she asked which of those on the AJ-cover was the most attractive, I pointed at Klavier and she wondered what gender he was. Another time she asked how many I had, I said five, to which she responded "Really? It felt more like ten", because I've got a habit of ordering them online in her name.

My dad doesn't know anything about Ace attorney as far as I know, the only time he's encountered it was when I spent nearly a day playing AJ and he watched for a moment, asked if it was fun and then pushed some buttons to see what would happen.
(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)

[Whip the cream!]

GoingforMiles wrote:
Well... I have one sibling who is 6 years old, she doesn't know what kind of games they are, but she likes to look at the drawings I've made with AA-characters, and she thinks Angel Starr, Franziska, Mia and Desirée are attractive, Athena is pretty and Apollo is cute. And she thought it was fun when I played Apollo's Objection theme, which started with him shouting "Objection!" and even made a nearly perfect impression of it despite never having heard the word before. She has also threatened to steal "your Maya" from me. I don't think her dad knows about the games but when I listened to the soundtrack in the kitchen he stood and listened for a while, then said, with a voice dripping of sarcasm: "How exciting. I can't wait for the sequel." Well, neither can I.

Then I got another one of my sibling, who is older, into the games, and it was from that sibling my mum heard about Ace attorney. When talking about them, both my mum and I refer to it as "the lawyer game" and basically all she knows is that it's about lawyers, there's a prosecutor I find attractive in it and that I'm pretty obsessed with it. One time she picked up the cover to AJ and asked if "that hot prosecutor" was on it, and when I said no she asked which of those on the AJ-cover was the most attractive, I pointed at Klavier and she wondered what gender he was. Another time she asked how many I had, I said five, to which she responded "Really? It felt more like ten", because I've got a habit of ordering them online in her name.

My dad doesn't know anything about Ace attorney as far as I know, the only time he's encountered it was when I spent nearly a day playing AJ and he watched for a moment, asked if it was fun and then pushed some buttons to see what would happen.

The very same father who looked like a dark Naruhobo... :hobohodo:
Gimme a "P"! Gimme an "I"! Give me a "P" and an "E"! What's that spell?! Pipe!

earthlings on fire

Detective Luke Atmey wrote:
I got my mom into the series, but she's been stuck on Angel Starr's testimony in 1-5 for about three months.

That's such a parental thing haha they play it, get stuck, and leave it forever.
ImageImageImage
...and there's fifteen feet of pure white snow

[Whip the cream!]

I told my mother why I liked it a few weeks or months ago, because I never play games otherwise. I said it was, uh, you have to think, and there's no time limit, and you shall solve things and murders and get a not guilty-verdict to your client and eh yeah. She said it sounded like fun.
Gimme a "P"! Gimme an "I"! Give me a "P" and an "E"! What's that spell?! Pipe!

I told my mother about a few cases in Ace Attorney and we both came to the same conclusion: the law in the Ace Attorney games fucking sucks. Yeah, the game is for amateurs in terms of law, but even amateurs know certain things about the law - ie. Don't touch anything, don't offer information and just answer what is being asked, stuff like that. The addition of Contempt of Court or Evidence Law for one case each is silly.

We had some good discussions about the cases, how they would play out in actual court. The DL-6 case was interesting, although the whole medium thing was kinda difficult to excuse. Or even 3-2, I think we were talking about double jeopardy there. Or better yet, when I explained the CoD of the victim in 3-5.

Spoiler: 3-5
If blood loss was the cause and she got dropped 10 feet post-mortem, how could she have bled out at that point, given how the weapon was still inside of her? After all, they say it kept the blood from spilling out, meaning that she didn't bleed out at that point. Did she bleed out in the courtyard? Cause if so, she should not have been dead when swung and falling those 10 feet.

C-A
Page 14 of 18 [ 718 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby