Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby

Page 157 of 157[ 6265 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 153, 154, 155, 156, 157
 


Re: Phoenix and Maya Fan ClubTopic%20Title
User avatar

Forever Hungry

Gender: Female

Rank: Desk Jockey

Joined: Sat Apr 19, 2008 11:01 am

Posts: 130

icer wrote:
Maya wrote:
Just popped in the express my pure joy!

Also I'm very confused about this tumblr stuff. Why is it happening?

Personal note, I had a boyfriend 7 years older and it wasn't abusive! We met at university it was totally normal!



Yes well I have to some extent answered my own question by searching Tumblr, as far as I can tell these ship hate trolls don't always post publicly but send anonymous messages (asks) to people's blogs. Along with the NaruMayo haters (some of which do post on their public accounts voicing their disgust over this supposed age 'problem') some idiot has recently opened a blog called downwithnarumitsu and is possibly the same one supposedly sending Asks to P/E blogs saying 'Narumayo is canon.' (no further justification).

It's crossed my mind these people aren't necessarily very invested in either ship but just think it's fun to try and goad shippers into some shipping war.
It's not like this is 'debate' based on reasons or even personal opinions. There's just some false moralising that us shippers are disgusting to like this pairing. I'm pretty sure they know it isn't really a valid argument concerning this pairing and don't care, they just want something to complain about to criticise us shippers ourselves. I do wonder if they think it's some equivalent to those people who claim to hate yaoi and thus P/E, like fake 'retaliation'.

As for the genuine cases for P/E and P/M reading of the games I can't see that they're any different from ever. They've stopped forgetting about Maya existing but I don't really expect an elevation over the case we got for P/M at the end of 3-5 (I expect the happy sunset ending of 3-5 was as good as it gets for P/M unfortunately). But fanfic will hopefully be easier to write the pairing now.
As for P/E there's definitely a friendship which has a lot of emotions involved in either party, if people desperately WANT to reframe it as romantic I doubt P/M will be formalised to supposedly 'sink' their ship.
But this hate started way before Maya was announced so it's not sparked by some worry that P/M might be made explicitly canon. I know there are some people around who just don't like Maya as a character too...



That is very strange... Thanks for the info, Icer!

Also I've been meaning to watch the anime properly, that scene is so cute! My partner just kept saying how crappy it looked the whole time I had it on :beef:
Image
Thanks to Vickinator for the sig!
Avatar courtesy of http://cursor.lolipop.jp/cursor/frame1.html/
Re: Phoenix and Maya Fan ClubTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gorii Goriko: Ace Gorilla

Gender: Male

Location: Gorilla Mountain, Gorilla Town

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Fri May 20, 2016 9:34 am

Posts: 5

Maya and Phoenix?

Pearl Fey would be proud of you.
Re: Phoenix and Maya Fan ClubTopic%20Title
User avatar

A strong Phoenix x Maya shipper

Gender: Male

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Sat May 14, 2016 8:29 am

Posts: 19

Ace Gorilla wrote:
Maya and Phoenix?

Pearl Fey would be proud of you.

Such an honor for us :kissy:
Re: Phoenix and Maya Fan ClubTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Female

Location: Australia

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2007 1:20 pm

Posts: 2197

Maya wrote:

(anti-narumayos on Tumblr)
That is very strange... Thanks for the info, Icer!

Also I've been meaning to watch the anime properly, that scene is so cute! My partner just kept saying how crappy it looked the whole time I had it on :beef:


Looking further through Tumblr, it seems like these 'anti-shippers' were already in other fandoms, which is where these trolls must have got the idea, maybe they are antis in other fandoms too?
The entire phenomenon is very strange.
It's all like some bad parody, surely they don't really believe this sort of illogical garbage? So it's just trolling to try and incite fandom wars.
Or maybe they really do believe this?

Anti-shipper ask I found on Tumblr
Spoiler:
http://jesidres.tumblr.com/post/143038047314/we-demanded-all-the-narumayos-apologize-because
Anonymous asked:
"We demanded all the narumayos apologize because their ship was problematic. It's different since narumitsu is progressive and narumayo is problematic. That's like saying you can be racist to white people because you can be racist to black people, or sexist against men because you can be sexist to women. It's not the same because straight ships going against canon gay ships deserve it. So no, don't apologize for those gross cissies."

Ummm, surely they are trolling? Nobody really believes this? [and yes of course you can also be sexist to men and racist to 'white people' even if it's less common, but that's besides the point].

Literally that when there is a NON-CANON possible gay pairing for a character and we choose to ship another NON-CANON, straight pairing because we LIKE IT BETTER we are homophobic or something? It's like a bad logical fallacy. It makes no sense.
Don't get me started again on how in no universe is this pairing 'problematic' or even seriously shipped before Maya is 18 and I don't believe finding random pictures or mention of it would ever 'trigger' anyone.
As for fanon pairings that might genuinely be seen as 'problematic' a lot of trauma survivours use those type of pairings to work through their own issues anyway so they are just hurting 'survivours', I don't think they really care about trauma survivours, it's just an insult they heard somewhere they have 'learned' to use.

So it's like some bad, completely inaccurate and illogical caricature has been made of actual serious issues and applied to something trivial and flat out irrelevant that has no affect on other people anyway.
I doubt the trolls have any understanding of the actual issues like gay rights or trauma triggers and don't care anyway, they just heard insults like 'pedophile' and 'homophobic' and throw them around without caring if they're inaccurate, like it's some kind of weapon. (And of course they're just hurting the causes of these types of things, but I don't think they really care about them to start with or whether they're giving them bad PR as their behaviour is not REALLY connected to these issues.)

As for ignore them and they go away, well that's not true is it? I guess we have to ignore them like not be affected by them. Since it's just random noise that makes no sense. The supporting argument for their claims just illogical. We are supposed to think we're morally corrupt because.... no valid reason. It isn't really an encouragement to start posting on Tumblr though is it? Ugh, that's what they want :(
Don't give up, try to think of it like spam in your email or something.
This is all kind of useless because the people on Tumblr probably never come here :larry:

IN BETTER NEWS
I have been enjoying the anime :kissy:
Maybe we should make a separate list of all the friend/shippy scenes....
Although Anime Universe and Game Universe aren't exactly the same one I guess.
Image
LOL parody sig trend. Phoenix/Maya Day is Sept 5!
[ Read my fanfics! =) | Phoenix/Maya 'Evidence' List ]
Re: Phoenix and Maya Fan ClubTopic%20Title
User avatar

Don't spoil Dual Destines please!

Gender: Male

Location: What? Why? Huh?

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Tue Nov 10, 2015 11:01 pm

Posts: 8

How did I know there was going to be a bunch of Phoenix x Maya comments? :beef:
Die
Re: Phoenix and Maya Fan ClubTopic%20Title
User avatar

A strong Phoenix x Maya shipper

Gender: Male

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Sat May 14, 2016 8:29 am

Posts: 19

What would happen if there were to be a sudden Maya end in this 6th game?
Re: Phoenix and Maya Fan ClubTopic%20Title
User avatar

Yatta.

Gender: Female

Location: LA, Japanifornia

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:17 am

Posts: 6136

Are you asking what would happen to those in-game if Maya met an unfortunate end? Or what would happen to the fanbase?

If it's the former, there will be weeping. Lots and lots of weeping, possibly screaming. If it's the latter, there will be weeping. Lots and lots of weeping, definitely screaming.

But of course, Maya won't meet with her end anytime soon because she's too lovable to be killed off. Or forgotten by Capcom, for that matter.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
Various official AA stuff translations currently in the works.
Updated to include tributes and more to the Yakuza game series. I'm forever trapped in karaoke hell.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com
Re: Phoenix and Maya Fan ClubTopic%20Title
User avatar

A strong Phoenix x Maya shipper

Gender: Male

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Sat May 14, 2016 8:29 am

Posts: 19

Uh err I meant a surprise Maya end where she gets married to Nick... :oops:
Re: Phoenix and Maya Fan ClubTopic%20Title
User avatar

Yatta.

Gender: Female

Location: LA, Japanifornia

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:17 am

Posts: 6136

Hahaha, what a 180. In that case, I say there'll still be plenty of weeping and some screaming; probably happy screams. Or fearful ones, probably in response to Larry's "Hey ladies, I'm still available!"



Speaking of him, out of the three childhood buddies, I firmly believe Larry will be the first one to actually get married. He's the type to actively seek out romantic interests, unlike the other two who show much more restraint, especially as they get older.

...which also kinda limits the available potential pairings with them because building long-term relationships is less likely with more recently encountered partners. So, by procrastinating on marriage and romance, Nick is essentially pulling that noose around him tighter and tighter until he has little room and romantic freedom to maneuver.

Welp, following that (admittedly fallacious) train of logic, looks like we're down to the main cast since the first game.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
Various official AA stuff translations currently in the works.
Updated to include tributes and more to the Yakuza game series. I'm forever trapped in karaoke hell.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com
Re: Phoenix and Maya Fan ClubTopic%20Title
User avatar

A strong Phoenix x Maya shipper

Gender: Male

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Sat May 14, 2016 8:29 am

Posts: 19

The count down voices for Maya and Nick smell like shipping material for us.

Quote:
>Nick: Until six days the 6th game will be released... I wonder if Maya has grown up now. I will need to take a good care of Maya so that she can't get into trouble again.
>Maya: Until six days the 6th game will be released... It's been a while last time I met with Nick. I wonder if Nick has grown up now. I will need to take a good care of him again.
Re: Phoenix and Maya Fan ClubTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Female

Location: Australia

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2007 1:20 pm

Posts: 2197

Oh yeah here is something GOOD I saw on Tumblr:
NaruMayo Week!

http://narumayo-week.tumblr.com/post/14 ... to-make-an
Quote:
narumayo-week:

Well guys, wouldn’t it be a good time to make an event for our beloved ship Narumayo?

Right! I’m here to officially announce..

10 DAYS OF NARUMAYO!!

10 full days of bright new content to fangirl and cry on! What a delight! Art, fanfiction, AMV, edits, gifs and so much more is accepted! Just give us aLL THE NARUMAYO YOU HAVE!!!

Only things you have to keep in mind:
Most important of all, NO BASHING OR HATE ON OTHER SHIPS!!! 10 Days of Narumayo is NOT running to hate on other people’s interests.

Everything you contribute must be all NEW and ORIGINAL content. No reposting, no copying. We want bright new content!

Have fuuuuuuun!!!

The event will start on July 18th and end on July 27th. Ten days. When you post your contributions, don’t forget to tag it as #10daysofnarumayo2016 in the first five tags of your post! Or if you’re scared of your post getting lost, just tag me in the post with @narumayo-week (in the caption, not in the tags). I’ll reblog every submissions to this very blog.

The prompts are:

July 18th, Day 1: Turnabout Meeting
Remember the day Nick and Maya met…. You remember now? Are you suffering? Yes? Good. Now provide some content related to their first meeting, to that fateful night!! When everything began…

July 19th, Day 2: Turnabout Stepladder Ladder Steplad–
UGH! They do the same thing! Anyway, this day is dedicated to Nick and Maya’s favourite argument… is it a ladder or a stepladder? I guess we’ll never know…

July 20th, Day 3: A Samurai’s Turnabout
You know which Samurai I’m refering to… THAT’S RIGHT! The Steal Samurai! Let’s have Nick and Maya share some Steal Samurai moments! Do they watch some episodes together? YES. Do they cosplay it? ALL TO THE HELL TO THE YES. Those are just ideas, you can do whatever you want with this. You go and see what you choose to do for this day!

July 21st, Day 4: THE First Shipper
The First canon shipper of the game… Of course, I’m talking about Pearls! She’s the one who started it all, she’s responsible for this. Let’s dedicate a day, to thank her for opening our eyes!

July 22nd, Day 5: Let the turnabouts be… Let’s go out!!
Nick and Maya are going out! What would they do? As simple as that.

July 23rd, Day 6: Trust.
Let’s not forget this. Trust is one of the most important things in a relationship and you know how Narumayo is all about trust.

July 24th, Day 7: Let’s switch!
Maya is now an attorney, Nick is now a medium. See what you can do with that…

July 25th, Day 8: Turnabout Shenanigans
Nick and Maya have their shenanigans moments too! A scene you like? A headcanon you have about a little nice fight they could have had? Go ahead, show us!!

July 26th, Day 9: I miss you, my Turnabout…
Distance. Nick and Maya had to endure it, for a long time. They held one, they are strong ones, these two…

July 27th, Day 10: Thank you.
Last but not least, the 10th day. Just a day for Nick to say thank you to Maya, for Maya to say thank you to Nick. For supporting each other, for always cheering up, for just… be there. Thank you.

That’ll be it! Thank you for reading, don’t forget to reblog so every Narumayo shipper in the fandom knows about this event. If you have any questions, you can ask them, the inbox is open!

Of course, every hate messages will be deleted. This event is made so the narumayo shippers can ship peacefully and cheer them up. Don’t. ruin. their. fun. Thanks!






Image
LOL parody sig trend. Phoenix/Maya Day is Sept 5!
[ Read my fanfics! =) | Phoenix/Maya 'Evidence' List ]
Re: Phoenix and Maya Fan ClubTopic%20Title

Gender: None specified

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:36 am

Posts: 18

Some sample art for the Spirit of Justice artbook has been released. Look at Nick's little smile as Maya excitedly leads him by the wrist. Usually these artbook pictures have Nick being shocked or frowning, but even the Official Art seems to be taking a turn for the narumayo. (too bad that ugly "sample" mark is obscuring Maya's face!)

Image

http://www.gonintendo.com/stories/26112 ... ok-details
Re: Phoenix and Maya Fan ClubTopic%20Title
User avatar

Spark a New Future!

Gender: Male

Location: The Other Side of Paradise

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2015 6:43 pm

Posts: 375

Have a slightly smaller version, but without the huge "sample" mark!

Image
Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.
Re: Phoenix and Maya Fan ClubTopic%20Title

Gender: None specified

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:36 am

Posts: 18

Nice! Thanks.
Re: Phoenix and Maya Fan ClubTopic%20Title
User avatar

You're too slow!

Gender: Male

Location: Watching an Investigation from the bushes

Rank: Desk Jockey

Joined: Sat Aug 13, 2016 5:42 am

Posts: 106

Best pair.
:objection:
Who said that?!
...
Nobody?
:kissy: :not-guilty:
Phoenix is always WRIGHT!
You could've seen that from MILES away.
I sure have a LOTTA guts for doing this.
Wow, I almost FEYNTED from all these!
Man, That detective sure is a FOOL to be so BRIGHT!
Re: Phoenix and Maya Fan ClubTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Female

Location: Australia

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2007 1:20 pm

Posts: 2197

edit:

PHOENIX/MAYA DAY IS SEPTEMBER 5, 2016!
The real day right? GS1 is in 2016....
:kissy:


Look! Pairing Merchandise!
http://www.movic.jp/shop/g/g00692-00340-00017/

Image
Seems they're only stickers though. I want a keychain or something...
Image
LOL parody sig trend. Phoenix/Maya Day is Sept 5!
[ Read my fanfics! =) | Phoenix/Maya 'Evidence' List ]
Re: Phoenix and Maya Fan ClubTopic%20Title
User avatar

OH BOY, 3AM!

Gender: Female

Location: Somewhere within the Milky Way

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2016 1:33 pm

Posts: 42

Today's Narumayo Day! :gant: And the real one at that, September 5 2016. Remember, you can celebrate your ship, but please don't bash other ships. However, I don't think that will be a problem here. Have a good day!
"The business is on. I am trying to raise the balance for the Gummy Bear so he could submit all the needed Fizzy Cola Bottle Jelly Beans to the Creme Egg for the Peanut M&Ms process to start. Send £1,500.00 via a Giant Gummy Lizard" -Solomon Odonkoh
Re: Phoenix and Maya Fan ClubTopic%20Title
User avatar

Ace Procrastinator

Gender: Male

Location: USA

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2016 9:47 pm

Posts: 331

While I don't ship them myself, I wish you guys a happy Phaya day
Re: Phoenix and Maya Fan ClubTopic%20Title

Gender: None specified

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:36 am

Posts: 18

Happy P+M Day! Here's a picture that I made that also ties into my fanfic, "They Shoot Phoenixes, Don't They?" (Phoenix and Maya attending a costume dance)

Image

:kissy:
Re: Phoenix and Maya Fan ClubTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Male

Rank: Desk Jockey

Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2009 9:41 am

Posts: 123

Hey all, sorry for the long wait (like 7 months o_o), but I’m pleased to announce that the site (ie. our database) is almost ready*!
There’s one last thing: what to call it? My in-development name for it has been “Fey Anthology” since I’m putting a copy of the project on my resume and the name sounded classy but I dunno, we could change it?

You can preview the site here. As you can see there's not much in the way of appearance yet, but it's a start. Also disregard the technical info on the pages: this is my testing copy, not the one we'll be using. I'll change that out for more relevant info later.

*”Ready” meaning all the essential functions work (search, submit, moderation, permissions, etc). Making it look nice is my next task.
Re: Phoenix and Maya Fan ClubTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Female

Location: Australia

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2007 1:20 pm

Posts: 2197

Equilibrate Concerto wrote:
Hey all, sorry for the long wait (like 7 months o_o), but I’m pleased to announce that the site (ie. our database) is almost ready*!
There’s one last thing: what to call it? My in-development name for it has been “Fey Anthology” since I’m putting a copy of the project on my resume and the name sounded classy but I dunno, we could change it?

You can preview the site here. As you can see there's not much in the way of appearance yet, but it's a start. Also disregard the technical info on the pages: this is my testing copy, not the one we'll be using. I'll change that out for more relevant info later.

*”Ready” meaning all the essential functions work (search, submit, moderation, permissions, etc). Making it look nice is my next task.


Yayyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, needs a pretty and relevant colour scheme. I can do that if you want (CSS)? And maybe some magatamas or de-Killer card (Maya's picture of Phoenix) or something...

No idea what to call it, but it has to have some keyword stuffing for appearing in search engines, like Phoenix/Maya, NaruMayo etc.
Image
LOL parody sig trend. Phoenix/Maya Day is Sept 5!
[ Read my fanfics! =) | Phoenix/Maya 'Evidence' List ]
Re: Phoenix and Maya Fan ClubTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Male

Rank: Desk Jockey

Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2009 9:41 am

Posts: 123

icer wrote:
Yayyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, needs a pretty and relevant colour scheme. I can do that if you want (CSS)? And maybe some magatamas or de-Killer card (Maya's picture of Phoenix) or something...

No idea what to call it, but it has to have some keyword stuffing for appearing in search engines, like Phoenix/Maya, NaruMayo etc.


I guess we should go with a straightforward name. The tumblr blog is 'Narumayo Archive' already but something similar to that.

I'd definitely appreciate help with the colors and stuff. What would I need to send you?
Re: Phoenix and Maya Fan ClubTopic%20Title
User avatar

Overruled?

Gender: Male

Location: Nevada

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2007 11:27 pm

Posts: 301

Here, I somehow managed to get a bigger version of that group picture without the Sample thing.

Spoiler:
Image

Image
Re: Phoenix and Maya Fan ClubTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Female

Location: Australia

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2007 1:20 pm

Posts: 2197

DynoStretch wrote:
Here, I somehow managed to get a bigger version of that group picture without the Sample thing.

Spoiler:
Image


Thanks for that. Isn't it great?

Also in the art book: concept art where Phoenix has a picture of Maya on his suitcase. If that's not obsession I'm not sure what is... No idea what the text says about it.

http://defaultyhero.tumblr.com/post/149 ... n-phoenixs

Equilibrate Concerto wrote:
I'd definitely appreciate help with the colors and stuff. What would I need to send you?

I'll send a PM.
Image
LOL parody sig trend. Phoenix/Maya Day is Sept 5!
[ Read my fanfics! =) | Phoenix/Maya 'Evidence' List ]
Re: Phoenix and Maya Fan ClubTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Female

Location: Australia

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2007 1:20 pm

Posts: 2197

*bump*

HAPPY PHOENIX/MAYA DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

our exciting annual holiday.

:kissy:
Image
LOL parody sig trend. Phoenix/Maya Day is Sept 5!
[ Read my fanfics! =) | Phoenix/Maya 'Evidence' List ]
Page 157 of 157 [ 6265 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 153, 154, 155, 156, 157
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  

 Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby

Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider] and 7 guests

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum
Jump to:  
News News Site map Site map SitemapIndex SitemapIndex RSS Feed RSS Feed Channel list Channel list
Powered by phpBB

phpBB SEO