Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby

Page 154 of 158[ 6281 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 151, 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158  Next

Re: Phoenix and Maya Fan ClubTopic%20Title

Equilibrate Concerto wrote:
icer wrote:
Did anyone ever save that webpage that was on that forum? That had the index we had a few years ago?

Well...
I found my post on that forum in a folder somewhere. It's only until 2011 and it's just FF.net fics (I'd imagine the kink meme being quite the nightmare to index), but it's a start.

Link

It would be better if someone could parse all that text into a usable form for a database of course.

Hi P/M fanclub, by the way. XD Just stopping by. I've been out of the fandom for a long time (was active 5ish years ago) but started playing the Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney game recently and it brought back memories so...
Anyway it's great to see that people still love Phoenix/Maya, and some familiar faces too. :)

YAYYY long time no see, welcome back...
LOL parody sig trend. Phoenix/Maya Day is Sept 5!
[ Read my fanfics! =) | Phoenix/Maya 'Evidence' List ]

Ace Pointer wrote:
How about Blogspots instead? Or just creating a free website like Wix or Weebly? It could be good... But they just don't need coding to make~

Sorry for accidentally ignoring you, Ace Pointer :oops: umm... those are viable options :ron: Maybe we can use them in the future...

icer wrote:
Did anyone ever save that webpage that was on that forum? That had the index we had a few years ago?

Well...
I found my post on that forum in a folder somewhere. It's only until 2011 and it's just FF.net fics (I'd imagine the kink meme being quite the nightmare to index), but it's a start.

Link

It would be better if someone could parse all that text into a usable form for a database of course.

Hi P/M fanclub, by the way. XD Just stopping by. I've been out of the fandom for a long time (was active 5ish years ago) but started playing the Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney game recently and it brought back memories so...
Anyway it's great to see that people still love Phoenix/Maya, and some familiar faces too. :)

Ooh welcome back!!! And thanks for the link, it's just what we need! :edgey:

...Would it be possible for you could make it so that those of us who want to edit can do so? Will you need our emails? :ron:

Simple and Clean~

Btw, this link is still up:

http://www.nanatsuyoru.net/aceattorney/ ... slated.php

If anyone needs it.
BTW, welcome back !!

:godot: yes, I'm a stranger ~

Thanks for the welcome! :edgey:

LateSummer wrote:
...Would it be possible for you could make it so that those of us who want to edit can do so? Will you need our emails? :ron:

Actually I just made the google doc because it was the easiest way to post the word document I had (without making a super-long-post). I don't think it's the best way to make an index (and I definitely shouldn't be the one in charge of it o_o) , but you can copy it into whatever you decide to use.

Actually I just made the google doc because it was the easiest way to post the word document I had (without making a super-long-post). I don't think it's the best way to make an index (and I definitely shouldn't be the one in charge of it o_o) , but you can copy it into whatever you decide to use.

Oh, I see... Well, thanks so much anyway :edgey:
okay then shall we narrow possible platforms down? :ron: I feel most comfortable with Livejournal, Dreamwidth, Weebly because I've used them before....:oops: yeah...

Any objections/other suggestions from people who have tried other platforms and feel that they would be good?

The execution is ready, Your Honor.

I confess, I don't really like to fanfiction all that much, but there's something I've noticed about the ones for this pairing: they tend to be unique in they seem more... natural. They don't tend to stray out of character, and they don't make me cringe. They simply write themselves. Why? Because they're just good, well-written characters - with a well-written relationship - to begin with. It's pretty cool how fictional characters can seem so real.

You get what I mean? :godot:
The execution rests, Your Honor.

AceAssistant wrote:
I confess, I don't really like to fanfiction all that much, but there's something I've noticed about the ones for this pairing: they tend to be unique in they seem more... natural. They don't tend to stray out of character, and they don't make me cringe. They simply write themselves. Why? Because they're just good, well-written characters - with a well-written relationship - to begin with. It's pretty cool how fictional characters can seem so real.

Totally! That's why this pairing is so magical! :pearl-blush:

Alright I wanted to do this on the 5th, but I gotta hunker down and study because exams. I just wanted to say that I made our index! It's on dreamwidth, the account name is narumayoindex because I am boring and a huge loser. The email for the account is mine because I didn't know what else to do... :oops: Here's hoping that no one abuses the site :bikini: (I'm still not too sure that doing this is wise... ) I only put a few links up, please add on to it!

Edit: If you want to help edit the page, PM me and I'll send it to you when I can... which will be a very long time from now...
P.S happy Narumayo day in advance cos I won't be here

Last edited by LateSummer on Sun Aug 30, 2015 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Winter Flag Trademark

^ It wasn't genius of you to reveal the passcode like that. You should've PMmed some of us instead.

This account is dead. Link to my DeviantART.

Patchouli Knowledge wrote:
^ It wasn't genius of you to reveal the passcode like that. You should've PMmed some of us instead.

Why, thank you for your sarcasm. It's not rude or unkind of you at all :Hoboright: This was the easiest and quickest (though admittedly not the safest) way to get this to you guys; there's no way I would have immediately known who to PM because I don't know who's interested, and I can't wait around for you guys to PM me asking for the password because I have an exam that I really need to study for coming up (I mentioned this in my above post). And besides, I did mention that I was going to just share the password on here, and nobody commented on it, so it was my understanding that everyone was okay with it.

Anybody who wants the password and hasn't seen it yet, PM me. Just don't expect a reply in the next couple of months or so because I'll be on a study hiatus starting from tomorrow and I can't be on here. And that's real sad because I was hoping that there'd be people making contributions to this thing during Narumayo week buuut...

Winter Flag Trademark

You're welcome..?
By the way, if we all have control for the account, someone should write, like for e.g.: "-Added/Edited by [user] in [date]". At least I think so. Optional it is.

I have also said the "sarcastic" comment due to hackers. The blog itself could get modified into pieces-and-pieces of unrelated jabber. Who knows, they might remove some parts?

You're welcome..?

Oh, you weren't trying to be sarcastic. I see. My mistake. It's just you phrased your comment like an insult; it would have been more polite of you to say something like 'It wasn't a good idea', rather than 'It wasn't genius'. The second one gives the message of 'You think you're a genius but I know better than you', which gives the double insult of 'you are not smart' and 'I know better than you' while the first gives the message 'Maybe this way would be better?'. You get me?

The blog itself could get modified into pieces-and-pieces of unrelated jabber. Who knows, they might remove some parts?

Yes. I am aware of that. there is a "restore from saved draft" feature. I felt that would have been enough. Besides I explained my reasoning for giving it here as opposed to PM-ing people who might not even want anything to do with this thing. Plus at the very worst, I could just make a new one. It's not like there's supposed to be anything on the index that can't be retrieved.

Simple and Clean~

Guys
GUYS GUYS!!!

I'm so happy!!!... Ace Attorney 6!!!!!

I just can't wait to see this..! it has been confirmed to be developed into the West.. so we will get to play this game!! :will:

More important.. I think we will see Maya again, like that is all I wish for XD~

Happy Narumayo for everyone! :pearl: :pearl:

Winter Flag Trademark

Happy early Narumayo. Three days left. :kissy:

Winter Flag Trademark

Hiya, sorry for bumping the thread, but it's Narumayo Day in the Western Parts! Sure, we couldn't do a thing special for this special day for our special shippers of this special pairings, but there's always the next time, right? Anywhozies, Happy Narumayo, everyone!~ :kissy:

Happy P/M Day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:kissy:

Sadly didn't have time to do anything this year but oh look, I found this list of some of the fandom's stuff made for P/M Day in, um 2011.
SOOOOO I'm sure it's time to look at it again by now.

http://phoenixwright.host-ed.me/pmday2011.html
Spoiler:

AceAssistant wrote:

I do actually.....

Great someone has taken the initiative to make a place for the fanfic list. Hopefully one day I will figure out the technical challenge of us being able to put it in a database that can be sorted, searched etc. although this would require me making myself learn several new technologies (I'm super busy till at least December though I'm afraid).
As for the password conversation, well it's mostly to stop auto-spambots isn't it? Yes, it's a good idea to keep it secret but at the same time, surely nobody is desperate and idiotic enough to read the password here and go and deface the list for no reason, it's just a little list of fanfictions....

GS6!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now especially since these are not Takumi but those 'new' writers I can see this going 2 ways. They can see it's kind of ridiculous to think up convoluted reasons to never show Maya in the game again so this is a perfect opportunity,
or else this entire new thing set in a different country with weird spiritual stuff is them missing the point again and deciding we liked the games because there was some woman with weird spiritual powers and spirit mediums in the original series, not anything to do with the characters themselves, so these are 'Feys II' in a different country, and not the return of Maya at all. Phoenix might vaguely mention her and that's about it.
You can see that since Phoenix has even travelled to a different country they're not obliged to show any other characters really (even Apollo, if they choose not to). I am kind of thinking it is the latter. 'The New Feys'.

But since the game is still in development I'll go and pray to my Magatamas or something that they decide to include Maya.

Forever Hungry

Is that lady with the staff not Maya?! :larry:
Thanks to Vickinator for the sig!
Avatar courtesy of http://cursor.lolipop.jp/cursor/frame1.html/

Simple and Clean~

Maya wrote:
Is that lady with the staff not Maya?! :larry:

So far she is not Maya, but it seems to be some sort of relevance with the Fey clan.

Forever Hungry

Gaaaah!!!! I bet Maya's not in it...

All you P/M fic authors out there, what are you currently writing? Still Phoenix based? What you guys into atm?
Thanks to Vickinator for the sig!
Avatar courtesy of http://cursor.lolipop.jp/cursor/frame1.html/

Hi everyone, I'm back for a bit because it's a public holiday (yayy) :edgey:

Just a heads-up because I thought you guys should know, there's been a big blow-up in the Narumayo tags on tumblr and not in a good way. :larry: It seems that a group of people --I highly suspect that this particular group of people is young and new to the fandom-- have decided that the Narumayo ship is disgusting (they have the mistaken idea that it's pedophilic--they clearly don't understand what the term means), ergo any Narumayo shippper is also disgusting. So disgusting that it warrants tumblr vigilantism which has culminated in anon hate telling shippers that they are poisonous and a danger to kids, outing, singling out and shaming etc. You know how it is.(what is with the black and white mentality of some tumblr users?!) I'm not too sure about the extent of damage caused, but I do know that people like minouze-drawings (mod for asknarumayo) has left the fandom and Jesidres has deleted her sideblog (it was a nice sideblog, too :( ) And to make things worse, these people have twitter accounts, too. I'll let you guess what they're doing with those.

(God, I hope to high heaven they never find this place :sad-maya: :sad-maya: :sad-maya: )

Now I know this is where people will say that ship hate happens in any fandom and it'll pass soon so even talking about it is pointless, but right now things are so extreme it's hard to write this off as plain ol' shiphate, it's legit shipwar now. So I just want to let you guys know, if you guys have tumblr accounts, be careful. Lay low! Stay safe! Stick together! And pray that this passes over soon :bikini: Stay safe, everyone.

Edit: also, should the urge seize you, (and I hope it doesn't) don't bother defending the ship . Someone will be rude to you, you'll be rude back, and that somebody will be all 'See they were rude to meee can you believe it, rude to meeee see they really are a bad lot'. I'm speaking from experience, unfortunately. :sad-maya: Instead, maybe draw or write something nice, we could use some happy stuff on the Narumayo scene. :maya:

The cape is self-fluttering

Well, implying someone is a pedophile or some kind of child molester apologist is just crossing the line. I wouldn't even define it as a ship war at that point; it's just bullying and harassment. Mature people will find a way to be civil to those they disagree with. They don't have knee-jerk reactions or project their own personal issues on something that isn't malicious in the least.

There is ugliness in many corners of the world, but for some reason, places like tumblr are famous for attracting it. I don't know if the anti-shippers really believe a word they're saying, or if they're just randomly spouting hurtful nonsense to justify their opposition, but people who go out of their way to viciously attack something are clearly threatened by it. I guess that's why ship wars have always seemed a little backwards to me. Don't like something? Don't ship it. You don't have to. No one can make you. Attacking someone else's ship (or worse, the person with the ship) does not make the ship wrong, nor does it in any way validate one's own ship in the 'wars. In fact, I'd go as far as to say that it accomplishes the opposite and validates the other ship, since it's seen as a direct competitor.

I wouldn't worry about any of those folks stumbling upon this place, though. People who behave in that manner... don't last very long here.
"Descole? You don't mean Mr. I-Like-to-Wreck-Things-with-Mechanical-Monsters-and-Dress-Up-as-Posh-Ladies Descole?" -Emmy Altava

...NAILED IT

Tumblr is a cesspit where less-than-half-truths and more-than-double standards go to fester,
where the self-righteous go to play judge and vouch for clemency for all except those who oppose their worldview.
YES society has its problems, inequities, all those social-justice buzzwords. And YES, change needs to happen and it will.
But to offer some amnesty and others opprobrium? That's treating the symptoms and not the cause, yes?
How can people attack attack attack while wondering why hate is allowed to persist so insidiously in this world?
*ahem*

Anyway what I mean to say is: thanks for the heads-up! I'll stay clear of the tag for now. My account is based in another fandom, perhaps fortunately.

But I ship NaruMayo. It is not a disgusting ship and I find the very notion of it being considered as such hilarious.
That's not going to change no matter what label people try to pin on me.

Enoshima Junko-chan!

Minouze left? That's such a shame, as I love her work.

The accusations of Narumayo being pedophilic are completely baseless anyway.

Winter Flag Trademark

How IS Narumayo Pedophilic anyway?

Enoshima Junko-chan!

Because in the first game Maya is 17. But I think most people ship it when Maya is 18 and 19

For someone to be a pedophile they need to be sexually attracted to pre-pubercent kids, which Maya clearly isn't, anyways. I can see why some people might find the pairing a little weird due to the age gap and Maya's youth, but it's the same with most pairings in this fandom, due to the huge amount of teenage girls we have. And of course that's no reason for all that BS in tumblr.

LateSummer wrote:
Hi everyone, I'm back for a bit because it's a public holiday (yayy) :edgey:

Just a heads-up because I thought you guys should know, there's been a big blow-up in the Narumayo tags on tumblr and not in a good way. :larry: It seems that a group of people --I highly suspect that this particular group of people is young and new to the fandom-- have decided that the Narumayo ship is disgusting (they have the mistaken idea that it's pedophilic--they clearly don't understand what the term means), ergo any Narumayo shippper is also disgusting. So disgusting that it warrants tumblr vigilantism which has culminated in anon hate telling shippers that they are poisonous and a danger to kids, outing, singling out and shaming etc. You know how it is.(what is with the black and white mentality of some tumblr users?!) I'm not too sure about the extent of damage caused, but I do know that people like minouze-drawings (mod for asknarumayo) has left the fandom and Jesidres has deleted her sideblog (it was a nice sideblog, too :( ) And to make things worse, these people have twitter accounts, too. I'll let you guess what they're doing with those.

(God, I hope to high heaven they never find this place :sad-maya: :sad-maya: :sad-maya: )

Sigh, there's nothing wrong with a 7 year age gap, it's the same as Maggey/Gumshoe (which I don't ship BTW).
Um yeah I think most people understand the basis for this pairing started in GS2, when Maya is 18 i.e. an adult. and Pearl turns up too. 2-2. They made a BIG deal that she was going away to become an adult and full fledged medium and all that between GS1 and 2.
Legally it's only 'pedophilia' if someone is 15 anyway.

To be honest I think you should try to ignore them (when possible, in some circumstances you have to do something....). I mean the 'argument' is so dumb I think they're just finding any excuse to hate on the pairing. I don't believe they are really 'repulsed' by this aspect, they just don't like P/M. Personally some other Phoenix/someone parings repulse me and I don't go and troll their fan postings..

Maybe come up with some kind of counter-meme to show you don't care?

Um, and don't stop shipping due to juvenile haters?
I mean if you look at the internet and the weird pairings people ship it's a bit weird they claim this one is questionable.
Don't get demoralised, because they don't have a valid argument against it.

Hmm let's talk GS6.

So this is happening in the Kingdom of Kurain, 'overseas'. Now this will either be awful or awesome. They will ignore Maya entirely and (possibly) do weird retcons regarding the Kurain technique, having The New Feys is how they erroneously deal with our missing of Maya, or else we will finally get some kind of semi-bearable convoluted resolution like Maya having been stuck in the Kingdom Of Kurain in prison for 8+ years or something (er not literally but you get the idea). But I kind of just consider the games by these writers official fanfic so I'm sort of looking forward to it. Surely they see not having Maya appear for yet another game is um, ridiculous? Now I expect some feeble cameo right at the end if she does appear but whatever....

I'm pretty mad we won't get Takumi's game though!

icer wrote:

Sigh, there's nothing wrong with a 7 year age gap, it's the same as Maggey/Gumshoe (which I don't ship BTW).
Um yeah I think most people understand the basis for this pairing started in GS2, when Maya is 18 i.e. an adult. and Pearl turns up too. 2-2. They made a BIG deal that she was going away to become an adult and full fledged medium and all that between GS1 and 2.
Legally it's only 'pedophilia' if someone is 15 anyway.

To be honest I think you should try to ignore them (when possible, in some circumstances you have to do something....). I mean the 'argument' is so dumb I think they're just finding any excuse to hate on the pairing. I don't believe they are really 'repulsed' by this aspect, they just don't like P/M. Personally some other Phoenix/someone parings repulse me and I don't go and troll their fan postings..

Maybe come up with some kind of counter-meme to show you don't care?

Um, and don't stop shipping due to juvenile haters?
I mean if you look at the internet and the weird pairings people ship it's a bit weird they claim this one is questionable.
Don't get demoralised, because they don't have a valid argument against it.

I know, right?

I know ignoring is the best way... but I guess I find it kind of hard because two of my favorite tumblr senpais have been hurt and all my other senpais are visibly impacted as well...:sadshoe:
... but at least I have you guys here... :phoenix:

icer wrote:
Hmm let's talk GS6.

So this is happening in the Kingdom of Kurain, 'overseas'. Now this will either be awful or awesome. They will ignore Maya entirely and (possibly) do weird retcons regarding the Kurain technique, having The New Feys is how they erroneously deal with our missing of Maya, or else we will finally get some kind of semi-bearable convoluted resolution like Maya having been stuck in the Kingdom Of Kurain in prison for 8+ years or something (er not literally but you get the idea). But I kind of just consider the games by these writers official fanfic so I'm sort of looking forward to it. Surely they see not having Maya appear for yet another game is um, ridiculous? Now I expect some feeble cameo right at the end if she does appear but whatever....

I'm pretty mad we won't get Takumi's game though!

Yes, let's talk about GS6, on to brighter things!

I think we can safely expect Maya to have more than a cameo in GS6. I mean, someone's gotta be able to stand up to Miss Kurain Princess and it's probably not going to be Phoenix, looking at how Kurain Village treats men (and what more Kurain, the country, eh?) . I have a feeling the Princess was created to be something of a rival to Maya. If the creators only meant for Maya to return in a feeble cameo, said cameo probably would have happened in GS5, like they did with Pearl. Instead there's a letter from Maya that seems small at first, but then gives Phoenix
Spoiler:
the idea of having Simon's retrial in Courtroom 4.
I bet the creators are trying to get us all excited for Maya's return by not giving us news straight away.
Of course, I could be wrong xD

Hey, is there any way we could maybe convince the creators to consider making Narumayo canon in GS6? I mean, it makes sooo much sense. :pearl-blush: Trucy gets a mom, Phoenix finally marries, Maya can continue the Fey line and Pearl gets a dad (assuming Maya is pretty much her mother now).

LateSummer wrote:

I know ignoring is the best way... but I guess I find it kind of hard because two of my favorite tumblr senpais have been hurt and all my other senpais are visibly impacted as well...:sadshoe:
... but at least I have you guys here... :phoenix:

ARGHHH this isn't good!
Tell them to come here to this club?
Our P/M shippers need our support :(
Sigh, I wish I could talk to them, not that I know them or anything :larry:

Quote:
Hey, is there any way we could maybe convince the creators to consider making Narumayo canon in GS6? I mean, it makes sooo much sense

I wish. I don't think we'll see it though. They probably assume that kind of character development is up to Takumi. I mean, they even seem to think Maya is up to Takumi. The most we can hope for, I think, is that she's given a DECENT cameo. Even then I think it's still quite possible we get some dumb letter again, even if it's slightly more relevant to the plot. If Maya was IN Kurain Kingdom her disappearance from the game action would make more sense. But I think these writers try to make self contained plots rather that try to retrospectively connect later games to GS1-3. This whole thing could still just be a Feys Replacement again. So I think the issue is 'convincing the writers' of having Maya appear in some meaningful capacity that at all resembles the GS1-3 characterisation of Phoenix<>Maya. In terms of shipping P/I is just as likely what with all these butterflies.
(I don't think they'll mention Dahlia or even Iris though, they just took the butterflies as 'inspiration' and have invented their own fanon about them... I don't expect P/I thank goodness).

Now as for contacting the writers/producers sigh it's always a good idea but not sure about how we go about that. 'We want Maya'. Where to send? Need translation? Going via the Capcom USA, EU etc. doesn't seem a likely course of action. The game is still in production, so now is the time. The chances of having her have a decent cameo IF THEY GET THE IDEA IT'S NECESSARY is a lot higher this time, since it can be easily related to the plot, but they can still write a plot without her existing just fine. Does this entire game take place in Kurain Kingdom?

But of COURSE P/M makes sense. The problem is they want to spin out more weird games instead of have appropriate resolution aka end of GS3.

In better news, there will be an anime, which has Maya!
Maybe they'll throw us a bone!
I'm excited! :kissy:

Blah, blah, blah... So what if people are against the ship? Just roll your eyes and ignore 'em. You'd be a foolishly foolish, foolhardy fool :franny: to feed 'em with your expressed reactions. These are fictional video game characters.
Oh, and by the way, P/M is actually widely considered the Ace Attorney franchise's "traditionalist pairing" (which is basically akin to Link x Zelda or whatever).
And I sincerely (not arrogantly) swear that I NEVER support any "weird" pairings, so......
We've got nothin' to fret about. :godot:

Winter Flag Trademark

Exactly. It's pointless to fight over pairings. Like, if one ships Feenris and other ships Narumayo, and if they fight each other- that's exactly like being schoolchildren. Instead, accept and respect their opinions and move on. You can't literally force anyone to ship a pairing. That's just being stupid and a weeb. Both at the same time.

icer wrote:
LateSummer wrote:
In better news, there will be an anime, which has Maya!
Maybe they'll throw us a bone!
I'm excited! :kissy:

Yeah... and that bone had better begin in the form of a subbed version (a dub would be great, too) for those of us that don't speak Japanese!

Great Revival

Just like most things: Different people believe in different things, and it's pointless trying to say that what they believe is stupid, because you're just proving yourself to be a prick. It's nice to know most people here don't force their shippings down everybody's throats.

icer wrote:

ARGHHH this isn't good!
Tell them to come here to this club?
Our P/M shippers need our support :(
Sigh, I wish I could talk to them, not that I know them or anything :larry:

Yes... I'll see what I can do...
Thankfully some good some seems to have popped up on tumblr, recently, some awesome folks made this blog for Narumayo headcanons--> Feel free to submit yours if you have any! http://narumayo-headcanons.tumblr.com/

icer wrote:
In terms of shipping P/I is just as likely what with all these butterflies.
(I don't think they'll mention Dahlia or even Iris though, they just took the butterflies as 'inspiration' and have invented their own fanon about them... I don't expect P/I thank goodness).

:ron: actually it's pretty unlikely that Iris is coming back. I mean, there hasn't been so much as a reference to her since 2007, and the butterfly seems to be more of a motif for the Kurain Kingdom now. I mean look at Princess Leifa's staff and the bottom of the spirit pool thing. It's actually kind of apt for a country of Spirit Mediums, considering how the butterfly can be seen as a symbol of death and rebirth.

...Hang on a sec, is Shu Takumi working on this? I kinda assumed he was since he should be done with DGS and all but... he's not?

AceAssistant wrote:
Yeah... and that bone had better begin in the form of a subbed version (a dub would be great, too) for those of us that don't speak Japanese!

I expect a fansub. It's unlikely to be official, but surely someone will be kind enough to fansub it?
I mean wayyy more obscure animes are fansubbed.
LateSummer wrote:
:ron: actually it's pretty unlikely that Iris is coming back. I mean, there hasn't been so much as a reference to her since 2007, and the butterfly seems to be more of a motif for the Kurain Kingdom now. I mean look at Princess Leifa's staff and the bottom of the spirit pool thing. It's actually kind of apt for a country of Spirit Mediums, considering how the butterfly can be seen as a symbol of death and rebirth.

...Hang on a sec, is Shu Takumi working on this? I kinda assumed he was since he should be done with DGS and all but... he's not?

No, Takumi is not working on this, we'd sure have heard about it if he was, it's the GK writers again. I kind of consider their work official fanfic :/ Especially when Phoenix and Maya are concerned. As I said I'm still upset we don't seem to be going to get DGS since I'm more a fan of Takumi's work (Ghost Trick was also good). I'm not sure why there isn't more of a fan outcry, people got mad about GK2 and not getting it what with petitions and complaining to Capcom USA , but seem to be sort of apathetic with regard to this one as far as I can tell, and I think this is worse than not getting GK2.... (although I'm maybe just not looking in the right places).

Yeah I think the writers were 'inspired' by the nasty pink butterflies in GS3 and have invented their own fanon about them, kind of like the black psyche locks. Iris really seems to be a Character of the Day rather than someone they tend to reference...
There was kind of Easter Egg of what looked like Larry and Iris (?) on a date in GS4 in a background but it's too low res to prove anything. I wish there'd be hi res art released just to confirm or deny that one.
The shadowy (bad?) character has a pet butterfly or something. (?)
I liked my own fanfics about that kind of thing better :edgey:
The Order Of The Phoenix Book 2: Cult of The Butterfly!
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7752209/1/T ... -Butterfly
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4641322/1/T ... he-Phoenix (possibly better to read first, since OOTP-Cult of the butterfly is the sequel)

You guys kep mentioning Iris and butterflies, but I must confess... I have NO idea what you're talking about. :ron:

AceAssistant wrote:
You guys kep mentioning Iris and butterflies, but I must confess... I have NO idea what you're talking about. :ron:

Oh, you mean you haven't seen the trailers and sneak peek stuff for aa6?

LateSummer wrote:
AceAssistant wrote:

Oh, you mean you haven't seen the trailers and sneak peek stuff for aa6?

Of course I have! I just wasn't paying attention to the butterfly under the upside-down magatama. Still, what does that have to do with Iris?

Racing through the sky like a Missile

icer wrote:
Yeah I think the writers were 'inspired' by the nasty pink butterflies in GS3 and have invented their own fanon about them, kind of like the black psyche locks.

Wow, I would not have come upon this conclusion ever. Butterflies have always been symbols of life and death across many cultures. That Dahlia and Iris also had them was a tribute to that recurring symbolic theme.

In any case, I proudly claim that neither of them are reappearing in GS6. In fact, the plot points of GS3 shouldn't show up again in another game, especially one that tries to dodge previous plot points by moving the plot out of the country of origin. The last thing we need is for our mystery key person to fall prey to a trope like good twin, evil twin.

Nonetheless, I'm still confident that if Maya does reappear, it will be more than just a cameo. There's no point to shoving her in willy-nilly when it's a much more practical use of this opportunity to make her relevant to the canon again.

And not saying this to icer in particular, just saying, but if you think the AAI games & DD are "official fanfiction", you ain't seen nothin' of the manga or the CD audio dramas. They are as fanfictious as you can get without actually stepping into the realm of fanfiction.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com

AceAssistant wrote:

Of course I have! I just wasn't paying attention to the butterfly under the upside-down magatama. Still, what does that have to do with Iris?

Absolutely nothing. Dahlia is the one who might have anything to do with butterflies at all, and the butterflies weren't really her motif- they were just there to make her look sweet. Her butterflies were as much a motif as her parasol umbrella thing, which is not at all. I think icer's just a little concerned that the Kurain Kingdom setup gives Iris an opportunity to come back, is all. It's a little doubtful that she will, though, so there's nothing to worry about, dear icer!

P.S: wait... upside down magatama? when and where...? :ron:

Last edited by LateSummer on Thu Oct 08, 2015 7:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Great Revival

LateSummer wrote:
P.S: wait... upside down magatama? when and where...? :ron:

To my knowledge, the only upside down Magatama is in the logo.
Page 154 of 158 [ 6281 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 151, 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158  Next

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby