Page 4 of 6[ 231 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Re: least favorite case?Topic%20Title

...You didn't want the defense to abandon Engarde? <.<

Gumshoe's secret admirer

Sligneris wrote:

Touche. Then again, if they abandoned Engarde too early, Maya would have had it, so maybe not. ;) What I mean is that Wocky was innocent, but he's so unlikeable I wished he was guilty. XP
"Why yes! The post office is over there. Good day sir!"
"Mirror mirror, on the wall. Who's the smartest one of all? Wiiiiidget!"

Warning: This account is SuPer Admin Restricted Desktop Access password-protected.

[Whip the cream!]

Sligneris wrote:

Even though this wasn't directed to me I pretty much felt the same thing. As for Matt, I still wanted to follow his story (and the suspense created by the fact that they really couldn't just "abandon" him), he was a bad person and a good character in my book, but Wocky... He was just dreadful and annoying. I really didn't want to defend the tosser.
Gimme a "P"! Gimme an "I"! Give me a "P" and an "E"! What's that spell?! Pipe!

Daxter wrote:
Quote:
Wocky and Stickler most definitely helped ruined 4-2 for me, and Eldoon was another factor, as he's just a character I just do not like, but I disliked 4-4 more, mostly because on just how confusing it all was, that and Brushel..

Stickler was fine - I actually cracked up a lot about the whole magic panties obsession, but Wocky. Ugh, Wocky. After some truly brilliant defendants like Maggey and Ron De Lite, Wocky was like being backstabbed. He's the only client I wanted the defense to abandon, honestly. :p

Wow, you didn't even think of the defense abandoning Matt?

4-2 only annoyed me cause of panty jokes all the time... PANTIES!!

C-A

[Whip the cream!]

CatMuto wrote:
Daxter wrote:
Stickler was fine - I actually cracked up a lot about the whole magic panties obsession, but Wocky. Ugh, Wocky. After some truly brilliant defendants like Maggey and Ron De Lite, Wocky was like being backstabbed. He's the only client I wanted the defense to abandon, honestly. :p

C-A

They already explained that, though.

And, yes. I agree about the panty jokes. Extremely annoying. Yes, yes. Panties. We get it.

Gumshoe's secret admirer

WaitingforGodot wrote:
CatMuto wrote:
Daxter wrote:

C-A

They already explained that, though.

And, yes. I agree about the panty jokes. Extremely annoying. Yes, yes. Panties. We get it.

There was a particular part I remember laughing at, atlhough I concede Kristoph is responsible for it, not Wesley Sicko. I think it went:

"How many panties are you carrying in your pocket, Herr Forehead?"
"These are the last! Honest!!"

Warning: This account is SuPer Admin Restricted Desktop Access password-protected.

Last edited by Daxter on Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[Whip the cream!]

Alright, alright. That one was a tad bit funny, actually. :sahwit:

You know, a Mario game!

You mean Klavier, not Kristoph, right?
My let's Play channel! Shameless plug!
Current Project: Sly Cooper & The Thievius Racoonus
My Twitter Account

[Whip the cream!]

Sligneris wrote:

BRILLIANT!! But would he degrade himself by calling Apollo Herr Forehead, I wonder? :godot:

I wish I could draw...

[Whip the cream!]

^ That was basically my first impression of Trucy.

More so in DD.

Gumshoe's secret admirer

Sligneris wrote:

I was about to correct myself. Then I realised how awesome this would be :D

You know, a Mario game!

Thane wrote:

I wish I could draw...

OMG, that is so hilarious! Their expressions are perfect! Where did you find that, and who drew it? I'd like to check out more of their work if the rest of it is as good as this!
My Twitter Account

Gardevoir lover

That's an easy one, Farewell my turnabout, (I think that's what it's called) you have no idea how much that case bores me.

My DA account can be found here: http://klonoahedgehog.deviantart.com/

Klonoahedgehog wrote:
That's an easy one, Farewell my turnabout, (I think that's what it's called) you have no idea how much that case bores me.

Ah, 2-4? Yeah... it wasn't so much boring for me, more like infuritating at the lack of balls Phoenix had. Then again, it could be that the case simply caught me at a bad moment and it was the first really long case I played...

C-A

Logic ~ The Way To The Truth

Turnabout Big Top is a complicated case as hell. Even though I've passed it several times, I still make mistakes during cross-examinations. I hate it. :edgeworth:
ImageImageImage

Get away from my Miles, you old windbag!

earthlings on fire

Despite the fact that it was a final case and really should have been interesting, I hated Turnabout Ablaze. I just wanted it to end and I didn't care at all about the whole smuggling ring thing. It lacked emotion! Quercus Alba was a really boring character... :ron:

I know I'm like the only person in the world with this opinion, but I really liked Turnabout Big Top. Oops~
ImageImageImage
...and there's fifteen feet of pure white snow

Gardevoir lover

Damarus wrote:
Turnabout Big Top is a complicated case as hell. Even though I've passed it several times, I still make mistakes during cross-examinations. I hate it. :edgeworth:

That happens to me too.
In fact, scratch what i said before, Justice for all in it's entirety are my least favorite cases, seriously they take forever to finish!

My DA account can be found here: http://klonoahedgehog.deviantart.com/

Logic ~ The Way To The Truth

Klonoahedgehog wrote:
Damarus wrote:

That happens to me too.
In fact, scratch what i said before, Justice for all in it's entirety are my least favorite cases, seriously they take forever to finish!

Quite true.
ImageImageImage

Get away from my Miles, you old windbag!

Last edited by Damarus on Sat Feb 01, 2014 10:46 pm, edited 5 times in total.

^Exactly why DD was easy.

You know, a Mario game!

I don't get how you can't like 2-4. It's my personal favorite case in the entire series! The tension is perfect, it's incredibly dramatic, and you feel a sense of hopelessness as you go through the case. It perfectly captures a moral dilemma. Either a criminal gets away, or Maya dies. It's one of those sadistic choices that really keeps me on the edge of my seat! It's the only good case in that entire game, and it was unbelievably memorable.
My Twitter Account

[Whip the cream!]

dimentiorules wrote:
I don't get how you can't like 2-4. It's my personal favorite case in the entire series! The tension is perfect, it's incredibly dramatic, and you feel a sense of hopelessness as you go through the case. It perfectly captures a moral dilemma. Either a criminal gets away, or Maya dies. It's one of those sadistic choices that really keeps me on the edge of my seat! It's the only good case in that entire game, and it was unbelievably memorable.

I have to agree with you there. It's one of my personal favourites.

1-3 is by far the worst case in the entire series. Well, objectively, it's probably "better" than 1-1 and 2-1, but it's still my least favorite. I am NEVER going to replay this case. All the other cases have something I enjoy about it but this one is just boring and tedious.

First of all, no memorable characters. NONE. Okay, Oldbag is memorable, I guess, but she's on Jar-Jar level annoying for me and I dread whenever she shows up. Other than that? Sal Manella was alright..., Dee Vasquez is just boring (and it's really obvious she's the killer the moment you see her, but I guess that's obvious for most cases), Cody Hackins isn't memorable at all, and Penny Nichols is known for not being memorable.

I mean, at least in 2-1 and 1-1, the case is short enough. In this, the mystery is not interesting enough to justify all the shit you have to go through (and I knew since day 1 that
Spoiler:
Hammer was the one in the Steel Samurai suit and it was taking absolutely forever for the characters to catch on
) and this has by far, the longest and most tedious investigation phase ever. (Also the annoying go from point A-->B-->C-->D instead of just skipping to D. You also have to find some minor clue before moving on...Ugh).

The case is literally just painful. I can't stand it. Whenever I introduce AA to my friends (usually on iOS), they can't skip that case and all but one of my friends has actually gotten through it. They just said they got bored. It's the worst

As for 3-5...c'mon people. I agree that it is slightly overrated (it's probably in my top 5, but not number one), but this is a thread for the least favorite case. Is 3-5 really the WORST case in the series?

Some things that bothered me about it:
Spoiler: Case 3-5
-I know the AA games are far-fetched, but the pendulum corpse is something I can't wrap my head around at all. It didn't completely take me out of the case, unlike the next bullet on my list

-When it's established that Dahlia is being channeled, what the hell was Phoenix thinking? I know his mind wasn't in the right place, but who did he honestly think was channeling her, if not Maya? I actually got confused for most of the case because I was thinking that couldn't be what was happening (since Phoenix would've caught on), so I was just kind of wondering what was going on

-Prosecutor being the killer again...

-Godot, Misty, and Iris' 100% retarded plan

I also really hate the first half of 3-2. The last half is actually really good, but the first half was boring to me because there was no murder if I'm being perfectly honest. I know. It was a nice change of pace and blahblahblah, but I usually need a murder to justify finishing the case

However, I DO really like 4-2 and AAI-5

dimentiorules wrote:
I don't get how you can't like 2-4. It's my personal favorite case in the entire series!

Oh, I don't deny that the message in the Case, what exactly a Lawyer has to do, is bad. It's a good message. I just think the execution was done terribly. The Case dragged on, I wanted to punch Phoenix a good dozens of times through a windshield cause he was hemming and hawing around, stuttering, actually letting those morons in the peanut gallery make him restless, the way they finish the Case is stupid because nobody actually checks that freaking piece of evidence and... well, I personally never cared much for Maya, so her being kidnapped was kinda... meh for me.

Quote:
Is 3-5 really the WORST case in the series?

For me it is. The Case is another long one, one that I could've actually ended much earlier, if it had not been for the long parts of "Allow us to explain THIS before we explain THIS. Oh, and do not forget to make sure to think up THIS. You still with me? Remember how I said we'd explain THIS? Yeah, well, THIS and first and also THIS and THIS."

Spoiler: My Problems With 3-5
#1 - Larry's photo. Am I the only person who instantly realized, "You guys, it's upside-down!" It just gives me horrible flashbacks to the Photo of 1-3, where they are all "Durr, well, Will Powers WEARS the Samurai costume a lot, so this MUST be him!" and act overly shocked on the second day, when they find out that it's such a shit piece of evidence, it should've been burnt immediately.

#2 - Elise = Misty. That was... kind of obvious from the second she came on screen for me. So the whole long-drawn out part of finding out her identity and needing that stupid charm to crack through it was annoying.

#3 - Maya channeling Dahlia. I realized it as soon as I entered the Inner Temple and saw Iris there. I knew instantly, this was not the Iris we saw with Edgeworth just a few minutes ago. And that whole thing with, "Maya is DEAD!" was stupid, because... as said, I knew it instantly.

#4 - Dahlia and Iris being twins... it's a stupid plot twist. I hate it being done in books, I hate it being done in games.

#5 - Godot being the killer. I already said in previous threads, if he awoke around September, he had every damn time in the world, until Dahlia got executed a month before 3-5 to go to the detention center, confront her and do something, even if it was for the sole knowledge of being able to spit in her face. I do not think Godot is a sympathetic character, nor should the game think that I am supposed to feel that way. It's like making a jerk villain suddenly sympathetic at the end of the story, to make you feel bad. Never worked for me, won't work here.

#6 - That damn letter. If this Letter that Morgan left Pearl was written a year before, ie. before she was arrested, how would Morgan have known that Dahlia would be executed soon? After all, they never got into contact until she was in jail. Where did the photo come from? After all, far as we know, there was no contact before hand, so the only potential photo Morgan may have had of her older daughters must have been baby photos. AND WHY THE HELL DID GODOT NOT BURN THAT FUCKING THING!? Or replace it with something else? Oh right, right, he had to be the "tragic hero"...!

#7 - The murder weapon. Okay, several parts of it. First, they say the staff has nobody's fingerprints on it, except Misty's. But we know Godot used it and Iris definitely touched it when taking it out of the corpse. So are you telling me, that Iris moved the corpse, wiped the staff and used Misty's hand to touch it, without somehow getting her own fingerprints on it again? After all, she wasn't wearing gloves.

#8 - Actual time of death. They say she died of bloodloss and fell 10 Feet AFTER death. Now, as we learn, the staff was inside her, plugging the wound, so she didn't bleed much. She got swung, fell, so that's where she died? After all, the blood didn't really start pouring until she was in the garden and the staff was removed. I'd think THAT's where she died, given how the wound was not plugged anymore, meaning the blood could escape easily.
You might say, well, she bled internally. Which could be right, but then, how come the autopsy report doesn't call Cause of Death being Internal Hemorrhage? Or Internal Bleeding, if you want to be less "medicine".

Course, there are probably some more things I don't remember about the case right now, but those are the main ones. The only good thing about that case is the return of Edgeworth and getting to play as him.

C-A

[Whip the cream!]

I loved case 3-5, actually. But there are a lot of problems with it, as CatMuto mentions. Larry's photo, for example... And the bridge and the pendulum, among other things. "Wishy-washy", I've heard the case being described as, and, well. It is rather wishy-washy. The reason for me loving it that I could ignore some of the downright dumb things in favor for the aspects I actually enjoyed. I will not elaborate why the case is dear to me, this is not the right place after all and I don't want to defend my opinion, but... yeah, I'm not so biased by my fondness that I can't see the many flaws.

CatMuto-Can I just ask what cases you DO like if you don't like 1-4, 1-5, 2-4, or 3-5?

JesusMonroe wrote:
CatMuto-Can I just ask what cases you DO like if you don't like 1-4, 1-5, 2-4, or 3-5?

In my LP, I stated a few times that 1-4 is my favorite case, despite the idiocy of the DL-6 case and the whole thing of "why the hell would Edgeworth agree to go onto a boat with this guy?"

C-A

You know, a Mario game!

I don't mind when the law in the games isn't consistent with real life law. I DO however care when the law isn't consistent with itself. With laws like contempt of court and evidence law being added and removed whenever it's convenient for the plot, that's what I don't like. If the law isn't like actual laws, I don't give a crap. But at least let it stay consistent within its own universe.
My Twitter Account

[Whip the cream!]

Case 5-4 bored me, it has to be in my bottom three list along with 1-3 and 4-2.

earthlings on fire

I'm actually really surprised at all the dislike of 1-3. It never really crossed my mind that people wouldn't like it. I haven't played it in ages, so perhaps if I were to replay it now I would understand, but I liked it just as much as the rest of GS1.
ImageImageImage
...and there's fifteen feet of pure white snow

WaitingforGodot wrote:

Really? Why? I thought 5-4 was great (except for all the bloody ellipses), while 5-5 was an absolute disaster.

As for 1-3, I can understand why some people think it's slow, and the idea of the monkey's head blocking the road is a lousy excuse for not being able to reach another part of the studio, but there's plenty of character development, which is always nice. Without that case we wouldn't have wanted to save Edgeworth in 1-4, unless you were smitten by his rugged good looks...which would be about half the fanbase.

Last edited by Thane on Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cravat of Doom wrote:
I'm actually really surprised at all the dislike of 1-3. It never really crossed my mind that people wouldn't like it. I haven't played it in ages, so perhaps if I were to replay it now I would understand, but I liked it just as much as the rest of GS1.

I think people dislike it because of Oldbag's ranting and Sal's 1337 speek. At least, I think that's what people generally dislike about the case. I dislike the case cause of THAT STUPID PHOTO and the giant "plot twist" at the end of the first day of trial...

C-A

[Whip the cream!]

Thane wrote:
WaitingforGodot wrote:

Really? Why? I thought 5-4 was great (except for all the bloody ellipses), while 5-5 was an absolute disaster.

As for 1-3, I can understand why some people think it's slow, and the idea of the monkey's head blocking the road is a lousy excuse for not being able to reach another part of the studio, but there's plenty of character development, which is always nice. Without that case we wouldn't have wanted to save Edgeworth in 1-4, unless you were smitten by his rugged good looks...which would be about half the fanbase.

Yes, ellipses everywhere! No, I don't now. It wasn't a bad case, it just bored me. All the space-thingies were of little interest to me and... I don't know. I just didn't feel it. Case 5-5 was a bit messy, but I still enjoyed it.

This is what I wrote about 1-3 in a similar thread: "I just lost all patience, there were some fun characters (unlike a lot of people I actually liked Oldbag, Will Powers was nice and Dee was good fun) and character development and all, but I got so immensely bored with the whole thing. I just stopped caring and wanted it to be over with, I remember that I didn't think much when I got to the last trial, I just presented evidence haphazardly and groaned at the screen."

And, of course I was smitten by his rugged good looks. :acro:

CatMuto wrote:
I think people dislike it because of Oldbag's ranting and Sal's 1337 speek. At least, I think that's what people generally dislike about the case. I dislike the case cause of THAT STUPID PHOTO and the giant "plot twist" at the end of the first day of trial...

Yes, Sal was absolutely vile in my opinion. Ugh. Yes, that photo was rather damn stupid. What "plot twist" are you talking about?

You know, a Mario game!

In my opinion, 5-4 and 5-5 should have been one case, 'cause that's pretty much what they were! I believe it's the only time in the series where one murder is stretched into 2 cases. There's no reason for them to be 2 cases at all! You even maintain evidence from 5-4 to 5-5! And don't say that having them as one case would make them too long, as case 1-5 is almost as long as both of them put together, if not longer!
My Twitter Account

[Whip the cream!]

dimentiorules wrote:
In my opinion, 5-4 and 5-5 should have been one case, 'cause that's pretty much what they were! I believe it's the only time in the series where one murder is stretched into 2 cases. There's no reason for them to be 2 cases at all! You even maintain evidence from 5-4 to 5-5! And don't say that having them as one case would make them too long, as case 1-5 is almost as long as both of them put together, if not longer!

That I agree with.

Your Honor! There is a contradiction!

WaitingforGodot wrote:
dimentiorules wrote:

That I agree with.

I double agree. I also wish the placement of the cases in Dual Destinies was cleaner, I thought it was really messy and to me it broke the flow of the game going from one case to another due to how they were placed.

Quote:
Ugh. Yes, that photo was rather damn stupid. What "plot twist" are you talking about?

My problem with the photo is that everybody takes about two days to fully get rid of the idea of "Hey, Will Powers usually wears this outfit. It's probably him in this photo, then, although we can see nothing of the person inside of it!"

Spoiler: The "Plot Twist" of 1-3
I am referring to the supposedly giant shock that the player is supposed to get when Oldbag reveals that there were more than 3 people at the studio on that day.
For one, that still of finding Hammer's dead body has a person in it that we haven't met until the twist is revealed, so we know there was someone else there.
For another, they repeatedly talked about Powers "and the others" which, while it could refer to Hammer and Penny or Oldbag, is generally used for a larger group of people than just referring to two people, next to the named one.
Finally... the problem with that twist. Sure, Oldbag says that they got money for keeping quiet. But why the hell did Powers not say anything? So he got money. Doesn't matter, it's still his life on the line. Money won't help him in jail, why the hell did he not say, "Hey, the director and producer were also there"?

C-A

You know, a Mario game!

shippersdreamer wrote:
WaitingforGodot wrote:
dimentiorules wrote:

That I agree with.

I double agree. I also wish the placement of the cases in Dual Destinies was cleaner, I thought it was really messy and to me it broke the flow of the game going from one case to another due to how they were placed.

The only games in the series to have a clean placement of cases are GS1 and GS4. All the other ones have the order that you play them in be different from the chronological order. GS2's chronological order of cases was 2, 1, 3, 4. GS3's order was 4, 1, 2, 3, 5. GK1's order was 4, 2, 3, 1, 5.
My Twitter Account
Page 4 of 6 [ 231 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby