Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby

Page 49 of 50[ 1993 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 46, 47, 48, 49, 50  Next

Re: Your least favorite PW pairingsTopic%20Title

Adrian in black wrote:
dangerousoffender wrote:
C'mon, some love/hate pairings are cute.

linkenski wrote:
Everything except

:maya: x :phoenix:,
:adrian-crunch: x :phoenix:,
:ema: x :odoroki:

...is unnacceptable!

Adrian and Phoenix? What th-
Can someone explain this?

If you present Phoenix's photo to her in 3-2, she'll mention something about him looking like he's "bulked up a little."

There's also the whipping comment in the ending, where Adrian says that Franziska told her to demonstrate what she's learned on Phoenix.

I'm not sure if fans see it as a healthy relationship or not, so I can't decide which moment it is.

I see. I just never thought about the possibility.

Pierre wrote:
I feel I may be walking on thin ice here.

I just think given Adrian's mental state that she's not really in a good place for any kind of relationship or at least a good one with equal footing where she doesn't become a dependant neurotic mess.

What mental state? There's no "mental state". It's just the way she is. The real Adrian is a sweetheart, easily influenced and sensitive towards other's opinions. I agree that she's prone to be involved in unhealthy relationships, but on the other hand, someone can understand her fragility and help her to balance it.

icer wrote:
I think it's the fact they (still) ACT like siblings.

What is to act like a sibling? I think their relationship can be perfectly interpreted like childhood friends.

Quote:
Then you were not paying attention to what was showed in Trials and Tribulations. Adrian resolved her inner conflict at the end of JFA, because she realised she should accept herself and her mistakes instead of trying to be like other people. That's why she's so incredibly clumsy in 3-2. It makes a lot of sense psychologically imo. In 2-4 she's described by Phoenix as being the "always-thinking type". Deep down she's maybe not as confident as she seems and when she accepts herself she lets go of her over-controlled attitude and therefore she doesn't try to hide that she's full of flaws. Imo she's found herself and she isn't mentally ill at this point.

True but 3-2 takes place about... what was it, 6-8 months after 2-4? That doesn't sound like a decent enough amount of time to change one's "mental issue" easily enough. Sure, Adrian has become kind of a Dojikko in 3-2, but we don't know just how "healed" she is at that point.
It could be that any potential, large amount of stress could get her to break down again and become dependent on someone else.

C-A

Gettin' Old!

When Adrian reappeared I didn't really get the impression she WAS over her...neurotic weak-willed self. I got the feeling she was trying hard to overcome it and be more independent but I didn't think her just showing up and working elsewhere automatically means she's overcame her hardships and is automatically more assertive.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

First, all the yaoi pairings.

Yuri maybe too, but I did get the idea of Adrian x Franziska while playing JFA... Still not supporting it.

All the pairings with no pairing material known in canon.

...Sorry, it's just me being myself.

Pierre wrote:
When Adrian reappeared I didn't really get the impression she WAS over her...neurotic weak-willed self. I got the feeling she was trying hard to overcome it and be more independent but I didn't think her just showing up and working elsewhere automatically means she's overcame her hardships and is automatically more assertive.

I'll insist again: I think it's not a matter of becoming more assertive. She tried to become more assertive once when she emulated Celeste's personality and fucked up her emotional health. It's a matter of accepting who she really is, and she's not assertive. Sure, it takes time for someone to overcome completely what she went through, but in T&T she already was in the right track to achieve a better life.

The cape is self-fluttering

linkenski wrote:
Pierre wrote:
I feel I may be walking on thin ice here.

I just think given Adrian's mental state that she's not really in a good place for any kind of relationship or at least a good one with equal footing where she doesn't become a dependant neurotic mess.

Then you were not paying attention to what was showed in Trials and Tribulations. Adrian resolved her inner conflict at the end of JFA, because she realised she should accept herself and her mistakes instead of trying to be like other people. That's why she's so incredibly clumsy in 3-2. It makes a lot of sense psychologically imo. In 2-4 she's described by Phoenix as being the "always-thinking type". Deep down she's maybe not as confident as she seems and when she accepts herself she lets go of her over-controlled attitude and therefore she doesn't try to hide that she's full of flaws. Imo she's found herself and she isn't mentally ill at this point.

This. It's not so much the "can she" as it is the "when can she."

I think, for the most part, she's put away those insecurities by 3-2, at least enough to not hide behind someone else's personality in order to function in the real world. True, one con artist of a detective and a broken, stolen urn bummed her out for a while, but I didn't see her threatening to make any nooses for herself.The incident might have reminded her of a darker place, but clearly she had no intention of returning there. I guess I don't understand the lack of faith here. Take a look at the person in 2-4 and then the person in 3-2 seven months later. That's progress. Even if she's not ready to be in a healthy relationship in 3-2, she will eventually have the ability.
"Descole? You don't mean Mr. I-Like-to-Wreck-Things-with-Mechanical-Monsters-and-Dress-Up-as-Posh-Ladies Descole?" -Emmy Altava

...NAILED IT

Sligneris wrote:
Yuri maybe too, but I did get the idea of Adrian x Franziska while playing JFA... Still not supporting it.

I have no particular feelings in regards to AdrianxFranziska - or if we go by the "rule" that the seme is listed first, FranziskaxAdrian - but I always wonder how people can see any potential for romance or even just lust between those two. I have no big feelings on Yuri, either, but I can see other people's point of view at times. Just here I don't see it... Adrian clings to Franziska's words, but that doesn't mean she developed a crush on her.

C-A

Gettin' Old!

dangerousoffender wrote:
Pierre wrote:

I'll insist again: I think it's not a matter of becoming more assertive. She tried to become more assertive once when she emulated Celeste's personality and fucked up her emotional health. It's a matter of accepting who she really is, and she's not assertive. Sure, it takes time for someone to overcome completely what she went through, but in T&T she already was in the right track to achieve a better life.

You and Adrianinblack both seem to have the impression that because she's on the track to recovery that's a sure certainty she'll arrive there.

So lets say 3-2 Adrian gets in a relationship with a bad guy. This guy mistreats her and pushes her around, takes advantage of her weak-willed nature. She develops a dependency on this man and never recovers so long as he's with her and even when she does break free she's back to square one from the damage he's done.

She's NOT ready by that point in my eyes, in fact with her friendlier front she seems more vulnerable that ever seeing as she still has the intense neurotic and fearful side.

Though lets just remember this is only my opinion.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Pierre wrote:
dangerousoffender wrote:
Pierre wrote:

You and Adrianinblack both seem to have the impression that because she's on the track to recovery that's a sure certainty she'll arrive there.

So lets say 3-2 Adrian gets in a relationship with a bad guy. This guy mistreats her and pushes her around, takes advantage of her weak-willed nature. She develops a dependency on this man and never recovers so long as he's with her and even when she does break free she's back to square one from the damage he's done.

She's NOT ready by that point in my eyes, in fact with her friendlier front she seems more vulnerable that ever seeing as she still has the intense neurotic and fearful side.

Ha! Ha! Ha! Adrian forming a dependency on a MAN!

You seem awfully pessimistic about the woman's outlook. Furthermore, you're still assuming she's still weak. Or that just because someone moves past a terrible incident, they're not allowed to have any doubts or else it means that they're weak.

Truthfully, we don't know much about Adrian's romantic relationships with other men (or... however she leans). All we know is that she felt dependent upon Celeste, a friend and mentor... yet Celeste was a person described as kind. Even if Adrian were to fall back on her "dependent ways" (which I don't believe she will), it's not likely she would get with a man who mistreats her, let alone stay with him long enough for him to break her spirit.
"Descole? You don't mean Mr. I-Like-to-Wreck-Things-with-Mechanical-Monsters-and-Dress-Up-as-Posh-Ladies Descole?" -Emmy Altava

...NAILED IT

Quote:
You seem awfully pessimistic about the woman's outlook. Furthermore, you're still assuming she's still weak. Or that just because someone moves past a terrible incident, they're not allowed to have any doubts or else it means that they're weak.

I think Pierre means that Adrian, while she is certainly getting better in regards to her dependency on people, is still not fully ready to get into a, possibly long-term, relationship. As anyone who ever tried to alter something that was a big part of them knows, it is a very long, difficult process that could take years to get done.

And as I guessed, 3-2 takes place less than a year after 2-4 and while Adrian certainly seems happier with herself, she still comes over as rather neurotic. And neurotic behavior generally means that someone isn't over something - take me for example: after causing a fire in the kitchen, I have become obsessed with making sure that the stove is turned off. I even get up in the middle of a meal to check and check before going to bed. I have become better at this, but it took me a good year or two to get to that point... and I'm still not okay.

C-A

Gettin' Old!

CatMuto wrote:
Quote:

I think Pierre means that Adrian, while she is certainly getting better in regards to her dependency on people, is still not fully ready to get into a, possibly long-term, relationship. As anyone who ever tried to alter something that was a big part of them knows, it is a very long, difficult process that could take years to get done.

And as I guessed, 3-2 takes place less than a year after 2-4 and while Adrian certainly seems happier with herself, she still comes over as rather neurotic. And neurotic behavior generally means that someone isn't over something - take me for example: after causing a fire in the kitchen, I have become obsessed with making sure that the stove is turned off. I even get up in the middle of a meal to check and check before going to bed. I have become better at this, but it took me a good year or two to get to that point... and I'm still not okay.

C-A

Precisely Cat, while Adrian is certainly getting better it looked mostly like a front at the time, she didn't strike me as actually assertive or having integrated whatever help she'd received into her own self yet. She could put up a strong front but inside the same insecurities were still niggling at her.

I'm not saying she couldn't ever be, but as far as the games have shown us at the last point we seen Adrian I didn't think she could really uphold a healthy long-term relationship.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

CatMuto wrote:
And neurotic behavior generally means that someone isn't over something - take me for example: after causing a fire in the kitchen, I have become obsessed with making sure that the stove is turned off. I even get up in the middle of a meal to check and check before going to bed. I have become better at this, but it took me a good year or two to get to that point... and I'm still not okay.

And has this prevented you from making an edible meal?

Pierre wrote:
I'm not saying she couldn't ever be

Really? That's not what it sounded like from your last post.

...NAILED IT

Gettin' Old!

Please elaborate Adrianinblack
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Quote:
And has this prevented you from making an edible meal?

Not really, but it does give me a very bad, neurotic and emotional-rollercoaster time between turning the stove on and finishing the meal, turning the stove off. And the neurotic behavior has the result that I never use the oven for anything, if I can help it. I make my pizzas in a microwave where I don't know the proper setting. (And there was never a real fire in the oven, so figure that out...)

And like Pierre said and I agree.
It's possible that Adrian can get into a healthy, long-term relationship with someone - whether it be a friend or lover, I don't know or care, since Celeste was shown mostly as a close friend for all we know - but not within such a short amount of time. As said, it's possible she'll get into a relationship, but for it to really work and function without her having a relapse into her co-dependency, it could take years for her to become fully stable.

C-A

The way I see it, Franziska and Adrian are friends, but Adrian is not dependant on her any more. They just help each other in their attempts to be fully confident in their lives.

So, basically Adrian is not dependant. But she still lacks certain confidence, which was reflected by the new sprite of hers.

She is afraid she might not succeed on it, but she definitely is making progress.

The Minecraft Attorney

Well, I guess I'm not really a fan of yaoi/yuri. :yuusaku:

It just doesn't seem to click too well with me. Sorry to all the fans... :sadshoe:

Pierre wrote:

Yeah but this is assuming she's getting in a relationship with someone who would treat her like that.
It's a point Adrian is very vulnerable in relationships (and for all we know could just be co-dependent again) but it's not like there isn't the possibility there's someone out there who won't exploit her weaknesses but will be complementary to her despite them.

Of course we can only speculate since the game didn't really give us great detail, but it did at least imply she's 'improved' a lot since 2-4.

We should also note her co-dependency was with a woman. We don't know if it was or wasn't romantic, so we don't know to what extent it translates exactly to a 'romantic' relationship (let alone with a man? there's a pretty big case for her not being straight but it's not definitively proven).

Now Franziska/Adrian I think the premise is more it'd be a nice idea if it DID work out, hypothetically speaking. They have an ambiguous 'friendship/relation', and both characters come across as at least possible to be bisexual. That's enough to ship something, and expand on 'if it was that way'.
LOL parody sig trend. Phoenix/Maya Day is Sept 5!
[ Read my fanfics! =) | Phoenix/Maya 'Evidence' List ]

Gettin' Old!

icer wrote:
Pierre wrote:

Yeah but this is assuming she's getting in a relationship with someone who would treat her like that.
It's a point Adrian is very vulnerable in relationships (and for all we know could just be co-dependent again) but it's not like there isn't the possibility there's someone out there who won't exploit her weaknesses but will be complementary to her despite them.

Of course we can only speculate since the game didn't really give us great detail, but it did at least imply she's 'improved' a lot since 2-4.

We should also note her co-dependency was with a woman. We don't know if it was or wasn't romantic, so we don't know to what extent it translates exactly to a 'romantic' relationship (let alone with a man? there's a pretty big case for her not being straight but it's not definitively proven).

Now Franziska/Adrian I think the premise is more it'd be a nice idea if it DID work out, hypothetically speaking. They have an ambiguous 'friendship/relation', and both characters come across as at least possible to be bisexual. That's enough to ship something, and expand on 'if it was that way'.

....Perhaps I'm stepping from thin ice onto a sinking ship here but I didn't really get the impression Franziska and Adrian's interaction was especially friendly.

At the time I remember thinking "She's from the Von Karma background....she's obsessed with perfection and crushing victories" at the time I thought she'd only gained her trust to ensure she would clam up when it needed to. She would say something like "Just say nothing and things will be alright, I'll take care of you" just to prevent details that may give Phoenix the upper hand from getting out. I saw it as something she done just to get one over on Phoenix in the court rather than out of any care.

Though my memory of Franziska and Adrian's interactions in that case are poor.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Pierre wrote:
....Perhaps I'm stepping from thin ice onto a sinking ship here but I didn't really get the impression Franziska and Adrian's interaction was especially friendly.

At the time I remember thinking "She's from the Von Karma background....she's obsessed with perfection and crushing victories" at the time I thought she'd only gained her trust to ensure she would clam up when it needed to. She would say something like "Just say nothing and things will be alright, I'll take care of you" just to prevent details that may give Phoenix the upper hand from getting out. I saw it as something she done just to get one over on Phoenix in the court rather than out of any care.

Though my memory of Franziska and Adrian's interactions in that case are poor.

That's probably what went on. Phoenix just steps into the room just as Franziska leaves, leaving one short comment of "Remeber what we discussed" behind. Considering how Franziska is obsessed with perfection and winning, I think it's possible that she may have sounded nicer to Adrian. But for the sole purpose of winning.

Although I must say, Franziska never struck me as a lesbian. *shrug*
So any mention of Franziska-Adrian just glides over my head.

C-A

The entire Frankziska/Adrian relationship is confined to Adrian's credit sequences. At the end of JFA, Adrian mentions that Franziska sends her a letter saying she can consult her on anything. Nothing romantic, but a break from Franziska's expected character since she was the one to initiate contact.

Then in T&T, the two never even meet on screen, but Adrian mentions that she saw Franziska again and learned how to use a whip. Capcom goes out of their way to link the two together here.

So no, nothing to suggest romance, but there's a definite friendship between the two. Personally, I like the idea of Franziska having a friend, granted it's only the one.

"I'm so sick of Khura'in!"

Pierre wrote:

That's probably true. But it's still clear that she's trying to learn to walk without people holding her hand anymore and that's why she's super-clumsy. :adrian:
This is the Dark Age of the Ace Attorney

Gettin' Old!

linkenski wrote:
Pierre wrote:

That's probably true. But it's still clear that she's trying to learn to walk without people holding her hand anymore and that's why she's super-clumsy. :adrian:

Yeah I'm not disputing that she's trying or even that she's recovering but I just don't think she's there yet.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

"I'm so sick of Khura'in!"

But I really think that's a matter of interpretation and to me it seems like she's kinda stable emotionally.
This is the Dark Age of the Ace Attorney

Gettin' Old!

linkenski wrote:
But I really think that's a matter of interpretation and to me it seems like she's kinda stable emotionally.

Sure, that's why I said "I think", I stated a while back it was only my opinion but folks seemed to not take kindly to the suggestion.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

The video game boy; the one who wins

Out of the more established pairings, I would say:
:phoenix: x :ayame: Eww.

:odoroki: x :yummy: and :yummy: x :wall-bang: because no. None of them has any chemistry whatsoever. And because I for some reason won't accept Apollo being anything but homosexual.
(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)

I've felt worse.

GoingforMiles wrote:

Eww? I know a lot of people don't like this pairing (myself included), but eww? What exactly do you find "eww" about it?
"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls

[Whip the cream!]

GoingforMiles wrote:

:odoroki: x :yummy: and :yummy: x :wall-bang: because no. None of them has any chemistry whatsoever.

Absolutely agree.
Gimme a "P"! Gimme an "I"! Give me a "P" and an "E"! What's that spell?! Pipe!

Because even though they were... kinda together before I feel like Phoenix have matured in a way she hasn't, he's "grown away" from her and they're just not on the same level. Mostly it feels like... if someone would come up to me, point at someone I was together with in... say 9th grade and go "Oh, why don't you two get together again? You were so cute back then!". (That, and I have something against Iris.) Therefore, "eww".

Anything that doesn't make sense or ChildXAdult are my rules for shipping.

But for example, I don't like Image X Image
I don't know why. My friend says it makes a lot of sense, but then let's start shipping everybody with their workmates, shall we????
I don't know why do I reject it...

Last edited by Vaati Blackquill on Tue May 05, 2015 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[Whip the cream!]

Simon + Athena.

WaitingforGodot wrote:
Simon + Athena.

Why not?

[Whip the cream!]

Why the "..."? To each their own. I just can't see it. I imagine them having this brotherly-sisterly relationship.

WaitingforGodot wrote:
Why the "..."? To each their own. I just can't see it. I imagine them having this brotherly-sisterly relationship.

Hm... That's another option.

[Whip the cream!]

Sure is.

Not sure if this pairing has been brought up before. But I am indifferent on whether Jake Marshall and Angel Starr were lovers at some point (not really a fan of these two).

But the worst one will always be the love triangle in Turnabout Big Top.

For a second there, I remembered the love triangle to be between Ben, Trilo and Regina. Uhm... in any case, I don't care much for that either. The real one, I mean.

I don't like Simon x Athena or Phoenix x Iris. Like, I really don't like Fenris.

Y'know

I dislike Phoenix x Edgeworth. It feels like a joke taken too far.

Regarding Phoenix x Iris, it definitely is cute back before 3-1, but I have yet to make up my mind whether I ship it in present day or not. I don't consider it a bad pairing though.

The Enigma

I hate a lot of pairings. That said, I'm not much of a romance person at all haha but I really don't like:

Ema/Klavier and Ema/Apollo
Simon/Athena (it's just a little weird for me because the first time they met, she was a little kid and he was already an adult)
Apollo/Juniper (can't see anything happening between them in the future, sorry)
Mia/Diego
Jake/Lana
And basically any and all yaoi/yuri pairings. Just not my thing :/
I've heard rumors… Bramimond, one of the eight legends, devoted himself entirely to the dark. All emotion, all memory… dissolved in a river of dark. That is how he received the power to best dragons

milaza wrote:
I don't like Simon x Athena or Phoenix x Iris. Like, I really don't like Fenris.

*Gasp* But my Tomodachi Life game told me that Phoenix x Iris have a 94% Compatibillity rate!
Then again it says Matt and Juan have a 100% Friendship compatibillity rate... (with Will Powers too)
But they still manage to fight and never forgive each other, even with unlimited sunny friend forecasts... This game knows everything... *praises tomodachi Life*

Anywho, my least favorite pairs are probably Klav x Ema. I don't see what others are seeing.
Also Klav x Apollo, Just because Miles x Nick is a ship doesnt mean you need to ship every Prosecution x Defense!
Let's just ship Gaspen and Winston Payne with every defense attorney then!
Page 49 of 50 [ 1993 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 46, 47, 48, 49, 50  Next

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby