Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby

Page 46 of 50[ 1985 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50  Next
 


Re: Your least favorite PW pairingsTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Female

Location: Canada

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:06 pm

Posts: 284

nekonohime wrote:
Basically any pairing that has to do with incest or pedophilia.

COUGHApolloXTrucyCOUGHLarryXPearlsCOUGH

In all honesty, I have nothing against Yaoi/Yuri. I'm a big fan of Yuri myself, but I'm not going to go put every girl in AA together with a girl. If the pairing makes some sense, than I don't see any real problem with it. The thing with Yaoi is that it's fans tend to shove the pairings down peoples throats to much. Let's be honest here; what do you see more of in AA fandom? Yaoi or Yuri? It just has a bigger fanbase. Though the Edgeworth X Phoenix groupies seem to have been backing off lately...
Image
"Having a place to go — is a home. Having someone to love — is a family. Having both — is a blessing."
Re: Your least favorite PW pairingsTopic%20Title

Gender: Female

Rank: Desk Jockey

Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:56 am

Posts: 108

To be honest, I don't get why people insist in "categorizing" pairings. If I like a pairing, it's not because it's het/yaoi/yuri: it's because I like their interactions, their relationship, their story together... not because they're both male or both female. I like plenty of het pairings, but I also like a lot of yaoi and yuri pairings (not in the AA fandom, but in other fandoms).

I'm not saying that everyone should like yaoi or whatever, but I've seen a lot of people that refuse to even consider liking a pairing because it's yaoi or yuri. So what if it is? Why don't you try getting into that pairing, and see what happens, instead of being so closed-minded?

Anyway, back on topic... I don't really have anything against Adrian/Franziska, but I hate the usual "Adrian hates men, so she MUST be a lesbian" argument. No. Just no. She might be a lesbian, but if she is, she is because she likes women. Not because she hates men. Those don't have anything to do with each other. It's such an obvious concept, why is it so hard to grasp? It just serves to fuel the "all lesbians hate men" myth.
Besides, even if Adrian is a lesbian, that doesn't necessarily mean she likes Franziska, so... yeah. Again, I don't hate the pairing, just the arguments people use for it.
Image
Re: Your least favorite PW pairingsTopic%20Title
User avatar

Je voudrais une anana, s'il vous plait.

Gender: Female

Location: East Coast of the US of A

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Sun Jul 04, 2010 3:44 am

Posts: 287

I feel like I'm gonna get shot for this:

I really can't stand :phoenix: x :ayame: (sorry, I seriously just think that they shouldn't be together!!)
I also can't stand :franny: x :adrian: (I don't know where that pairing came up but apparently it's very popular...)

oh and please tell me, WHO ELSE IN THE WORLD THINKS THAT THIS:
:uramidn: x :zenitora:
IS THE WEIRDEST/WORST PAIR?

if I get yelled at because someone actually does like this pair, I'M SORRRYYYYY!!! :sob:
Image
"Dilon mein tum apne betabiyaan leke chal rahe ho, toh zinda ho tum..."
"If you carry impatience in your heart, you are alive..."
Re: Your least favorite PW pairingsTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Female

Location: Canada

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:06 pm

Posts: 284

PhoenixFlower16 wrote:
oh and please tell me, WHO ELSE IN THE WORLD THINKS THAT THIS:
:uramidn: x :zenitora:
IS THE WEIRDEST/WORST PAIR?

I don't even get that one. Didn't he use her??
It's not my least favourite one, but I don't like it hate it.
Image
"Having a place to go — is a home. Having someone to love — is a family. Having both — is a blessing."
Re: Your least favorite PW pairingsTopic%20Title

Gender: None specified

Rank: Desk Jockey

Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2008 8:11 pm

Posts: 141

MiaFeyFan wrote:
PhoenixFlower16 wrote:
oh and please tell me, WHO ELSE IN THE WORLD THINKS THAT THIS:
:uramidn: x :zenitora:
IS THE WEIRDEST/WORST PAIR?

I don't even get that one. Didn't he use her??
It's not my least favourite one, but I don't like it hate it.


Yeah, I don't get why anyone would continue to support it after that case...
Image
.: Daughter of Aliucon and Lida_Rose on the CR Family Tree :.
Re: Your least favorite PW pairingsTopic%20Title
User avatar

N3OPHYT3 L3G1SL4C3R4TOR

Gender: Female

Rank: Desk Jockey

Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:26 am

Posts: 64

:phoenix: x :maya: was my patron ship. My OTP. Then Trials and Tribulations came around and it drowned a horrible watery death. Now I still like them, but acknowledge they have no way of happening, and this was further proven in Apollo Justice. When I look back on it, he did treat her akin to a sibling/niece, so... maybe it was for the best anyway.

Basically, I support almost anything with canonical backing - even if it's just a one-way romantic interest, like Gumshoe's crush on Maggey - but there are a few pairings that irk me or simply rub me the wrong way.

:phoenix: x :edgeworth: is the biggest perpetrator. The only plausibility this pairing has is a one-sided affection that Miles might show Phoenix, but I can't see our spiky-haired protagonist returning it in any circumstance. That aside, I don't like to think Miles is into men either. It's true he shows next to zero interest in females, but this can be chalked up to a variety of reasons - such as his awkwardness where romantic implications are involved (and social ineptitude in general), a dedication to his professional life that pushes the importance of relationship prospects aside, and perhaps even simply having a standard in women that hasn't been met by anyone yet. Since that's all merely conjecture however, it's safer to assume that with a lack of interest shown toward both men and women alike, he's better presumed asexual. The above isn't why I dislike the pairing though, that just describes my view on it. The real reason why I grew to despise it was the amount of people who treated it as canon. I'm sure I don't need to describe why it isn't.
:phoenix: x :ayame: This felt so shoehorned in I can't even bother with it. I liked Iris, she was admittedly adorable, but there was so little meaningful dialogue between her and Phoenix I couldn't get behind it. They can be classified as canon, but what bonded them precisely? The most I got out of it was that he was smitten by her looks and she grew to love him over their relationship, but if that was the case why didn't she stay by his side? Her sister was incarcerated at some point, meaning there was no danger in her seeking Phoenix out and telling him the truth of what happened. If it was out of loyalty to her sister, she didn't deserve it. It all just seems rather foolish... but that's young relationships for you, hm?

:garyuu: x Anyone: HE IS INCAPABLE OF LOVE. Maybe sexual assault, but NOT LOVE. That is all.
Re: Your least favorite PW pairingsTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Female

Location: Canada

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:06 pm

Posts: 284

gallowsCalibrator wrote:
:garyuu: x Anyone: HE IS INCAPABLE OF LOVE. Maybe sexual assault, but NOT LOVE. That is all.

I completely agree with this. But for me to be more specific I hate
:draw: X : :garyuu: It totally conflicts with my almost OTP Apollo X Vera, so that's really why I hate it. And because of what you said above.
Image
"Having a place to go — is a home. Having someone to love — is a family. Having both — is a blessing."
Re: Your least favorite PW pairingsTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Male

Location: New York

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2011 12:43 am

Posts: 17

gallowsCalibrator wrote:
I don't like to think Miles is into men either. It's true he shows next to zero interest in females, but this can be chalked up to a variety of reasons - such as his awkwardness where romantic implications are involved (and social ineptitude in general), a dedication to his professional life that pushes the importance of relationship prospects aside, and perhaps even simply having a standard in women that hasn't been met by anyone yet. Since that's all merely conjecture however, it's safer to assume that with a lack of interest shown toward both men and women alike, he's better presumed asexual. The above isn't why I dislike the pairing though, that just describes my view on it. The real reason why I grew to despise it was the amount of people who treated it as canon. I'm sure I don't need to describe why it isn't.


This. So much this. My biggest pet peeve for the Ace Attorney series is the perception that Edgeworth is homosexual. I use to lurk here and read other sites, and whenever people say Edgeworth is gay because he doesn't show any interest in women, I always scratched my head to how that conclusion was made. Yes, it's true that between the likes of the Judges, Winston Payne, Phoenix, and himself, Edgeworth is the only one who isn't smitten by Dahlia's beauty. Yes, it's true that several female characters show attraction to him, but Edgeworth is for the most part, oblivious to it (except for Oldbag, of course). Even if that is true, there hasn't been a single instance in the series where Edgeworth has shown attraction to a male character, either. And no, being appreciative to Phoenix, justifiably so might I add considering that Phoenix has helped Edgeworth on more than one occasion, does not mean they're lovers.

I agree 100% with the three reasons you listed, and although those aren't your main reasons for being against Phoenix/Edgeworth, they are certainly mine.
*cough*
Shameless advertisement for my Ask Edgeworth blog.
*cough*
Re: Your least favorite PW pairingsTopic%20Title

Gender: Male

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2011 4:04 pm

Posts: 216

gallowsCalibrator wrote:
Now I still like them, but acknowledge they have no way of happening, and this was further proven in Apollo Justice.


Not necessarily. We got very little information regarding Phoenix outside of Apollo's POV and Phoenix's own guarded admissions. The idea that Maya, and Edgeworth for that matter, aren't still a big part of his life is just unthinkable to me. Phoenix still has that magatama which used to canonically be referred to as Maya's. Perhaps it was a gift or perhaps she's still in the background. The stack of DVDs is proof she's still there but the "kid" comment is Phoenix just deflecting so he doesn't have to explain things.

The way I figure it he's just keeping his pre-disbarment relationships on the down low. He doesn't need to tarnish the careers of a previously suspected prosecutor and especially not Kurain's new Master. Seeing her cavorting with the "forging attorney" would ruin Kurain just like DL-6 and he would never do that to her. Who knows what else his "secret missions" entailed?

I'll tell you my head canon, though. How do you think the Jurist System got put in place when it was developed by a disbarred fraud? Another very influential attorney and a spirit medium with ties to the government probably had a hand in it.

Quote:
That aside, I don't like to think Miles is into men either.


I quite agree. In 3-5 and AAI when we actually get to hear his thoughts we can see glimpses of his inner workings. For example:
"I may have to talk to this "bikini lady"... I mean, "decisive witness" myself..."
It's not proof of anything but the wording is interesting. He's having to remind himself that he's talking to a witness, not just a chick in a bikini. His anger at Gumshoe for not clarifying that it's actually a portly old woman is also telling. Way to get his hopes up, Gummy.
Another thing is in 5-2 before you're allowed in the stewardess lounge. I don't have the exact quote on hand but he thinks how he'd like to see what's in that room... not that he has such interest in such things. At first glance it might seem like a confession to the opposite, but the pause is what's interesting here. He's reminding himself to be professional. Rhoda's own obvious affections only fan the flames.

On the other side of things, Phoenix is definitely straight. If anything, he's just cautious around the idea of a relationship considering his last one ended in attempted murder.
For starters: Dahlia. Hard to pin the homosexual tag on someone who has canonically had a girlfriend. His mushy love for Dollie is sickeningly unmanly but it's still the direct opposite of gay.
Secondly, 1-2 if you accuse Grossberg of him and Redd White being lovers. Phoenix comes out and says that man love is something he just can't understand. Also in 1-2 is Phoenix blushing profusely at the flirtations of April May (and his desire to get to her bottom... you know what he means). This is mirrored in 3-2 when he can't stop blushing around Dessie Delite... until Pearl gives him what for.
There's also 2-2 where Phoenix is absolutely disturbed by the idea of being Max's "sweetie."

I can't believe I typed so much on the sexual preferences of video game characters. Someone stop me. The point I'm making is this: pairings should have some actual canon influence.
Re: Your least favorite PW pairingsTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Female

Location: Canada

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:06 pm

Posts: 284

Quote:
I can't believe I typed so much on the sexual preferences of video game characters. Someone stop me. The point I'm making is this: pairings should have some actual canon influence.

It's shipping. I don't think you're the first person to put that much thought on a characters sexual preferences, espacially Edgeworth's :edgy: But yeah, I agree with everything you guys have said about Miles not being gay. I think asexual suits him the best, anyhow. Though if i DID put him together with someone...RHONDA RHONDA RHONDA!!!
Also, with all the evidence of Phoenix NOT being gay, how can anyone really believe than Miles X Nick is canon? I don't see anyone calling them boyfriends in any AA game. If you wanna call something canon, say Gumshoe X Maggey or Mia X Diego. Those are the most canon things in AA, unless I'm forgetting a ship?
Image
"Having a place to go — is a home. Having someone to love — is a family. Having both — is a blessing."
Re: Your least favorite PW pairingsTopic%20Title
User avatar

N3OPHYT3 L3G1SL4C3R4TOR

Gender: Female

Rank: Desk Jockey

Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:26 am

Posts: 64

@MiaFeyFan: So what's your OTP, then? I know it's probably listed somewhere in this thread, but goodness, not quite up to the task of seeking it out. Haha.

@Lionheart: That's another point, the fact that Miles simply does not notice that women find him attractive. He is oblivious as hell. He's that one guy where, if a girl comes up to him with two concert tickets and asks him if he knows anyone who might want to go with her, would direct her to an acquaintance of his or say he didn't know anyone under the assumption that she couldn't possibly be asking him. That's what I think in any case, and his interactions with females in-game would support that logic.

As for Dahlia... that he wasn't overly smitten with her only raises my respect of him. After all, what had she done to earn his own? She sits there and looks pretty, makes some tempting expressions if she wants to turn men into putty in her hand, but someone who, say, doesn't hold beauty as the highest quality in a partner wouldn't be swayed by it. Surely you know some men who don't just bend over for a pretty face on command, because they haven't done anything to deserve it as a person? Yes? To put it more bluntly, he doesn't strike me as the kind of guy who'd want to bang the first nice pair of legs that comes on scene. Besides, he did become a tad defensive if Mia made her too upset, if I remember correctly. He is a gentleman, after all.

@nevertalk: I also speculated that Maya was the one who sent Phoenix the Samurai Series DVDs. However, I disagree with believing that she's lurking somewhere in the shadows. She probably did just really send them to him, likely from Kurain where she's, as you said, practising as Master. It wouldn't be unlike Phoenix to refer to her as a kid, since he always viewed her as immature and childish-looking. Even if he was keeping interactions with her on the downlow, there's no way that Trucy wouldn't of had the chance to meet with her at some point. If she had, that means their relationship is still platonic, because at some point Trucy asked Phoenix when she was "going to get me a new mommy." Don't get me wrong, I wish you were right, but it just seems so highly unlikely. I'm not ruling out the possibility that Miles and Phoenix still casually keep in touch however, and it could very well be the influence of someone like Miles who helped such a system be stated.

As to the Miles discussion... I found those instances very amusing myself. The famous bikini lady conversation did strike me as having the same implication that you gleaned, but the flight attendants' lounge monologue was a little more ambiguous to me.

Spoiler: Dialogue from AAI, Case 2
Teneiro: This door leads to the flight attendant's room.
But please understand that it's off limits to unauthorized personnel.
Edgeworth: (The room is giving off the scent of women's perfume.)
(One would think that perfume would "smell great", however, to me it simply "smells"...)
(Not that I have any interest in what lies behind this door...)
Teneiro: Perhaps we should return to the investigation, Mr. Edgeworth?
Edgeworth: Hm................
Teneiro: Mr. Edgeworth?
Edgeworth: Sorry, I spaced out for a second there.


Actually, rereading it, it does seem to carry that sort of meaning... but maybe that's only after considering your view. I know when I first played through this part I wasn't sure what I thought of it, to be honest.

As for the part about Phoenix, I agree 100%. There's literally nothing I could add to that. Despite all this, however, there are still those who would try to tell you Phoenix and Miles are obviously gay for each other. Obviously indeed.

But walls of text on the sexual preferences of fictional characters is fun! Particularly when it's such a controversial subject.
Re: Your least favorite PW pairingsTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Female

Location: Canada

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:06 pm

Posts: 284

@gallowscalibrator Oh, my OTP is Mia x Diego/Godot :javado:
Followed by Franziska X Adrian and Apollo X Vera. But Miego is absolute!
*waves :mia: X :godot: flag high in the air.*

On topic, I've also recently gotten a dislike for Gavincest. Probably because I hate Kristoph. With a burning passion. And incest doesn't really spark my interest in shipping fandom.
Image
"Having a place to go — is a home. Having someone to love — is a family. Having both — is a blessing."
Re: Your least favorite PW pairingsTopic%20Title
User avatar

N3OPHYT3 L3G1SL4C3R4TOR

Gender: Female

Rank: Desk Jockey

Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:26 am

Posts: 64

Mia and Diego/Godot is fabulous. I love the official art of them together. They just seem to complement each other so well. Their love was/is as burning hot and passionately tasty as the earthen dark depths of sweet mocha!

... Yes. I just did that. Ahem.
Re: Your least favorite PW pairingsTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: None specified

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2007 2:25 am

Posts: 3541

gallowsCalibrator wrote:
:phoenix: x :ayame: This felt so shoehorned in I can't even bother with it.

I don't want to get too into this since this isn't the debate thread, but I've noticed a lot of people say this while being perfectly fine with Mia/Diego, which was at least as "shoehorned".

Just saying.
Re: Your least favorite PW pairingsTopic%20Title

Gender: Female

Rank: Desk Jockey

Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:56 am

Posts: 108

Franzise Deauxnim wrote:
gallowsCalibrator wrote:
:phoenix: x :ayame: This felt so shoehorned in I can't even bother with it.

I don't want to get too into this since this isn't the debate thread, but I've noticed a lot of people say this while being perfectly fine with Mia/Diego, which was at least as "shoehorned".

Just saying.


I agree. And I can't see the "love" between Mia and Diego, honestly. Sure, Diego loved her (or so he said), but did Mia really return his feelings?
Honestly, no one ever seems to take Mia's feelings into account when it comes to this pairing. People just assume Mia loved Diego, when she never said she did, and there's no proof she did either.
Image
Re: Your least favorite PW pairingsTopic%20Title
User avatar

N3OPHYT3 L3G1SL4C3R4TOR

Gender: Female

Rank: Desk Jockey

Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:26 am

Posts: 64

I suppose what makes Diego and Mia more realistic to me is that since you didn't get much time with Mia nor had insight as to her thoughts, her past remains more shrouded in mystery and it's perfectly understandable that a lover wouldn't of been brought up.

There's no such saving grace with Phoenix and Iris. Not until the third game do you even so much as hear the name "Dahlia", which is likely just because the storyline for that game hadn't even been conceived of yet, but it still makes the shift hard to adjust to. I can give it some thought as to how it would realistically occur that way, though - Dahlia was a bad memory therefore he wouldn't ever be trying to be reminded of her. Still, even if you like the pairing, you have to agree it was a very sudden thing to come to terms with. I'll also admit that I'm probably biased since I was a supporter of Maya and Phoenix until that game.

There's definitely proof Mia returned Diego's feelings. For one thing, she was dating him. That doesn't have to mean it's full-blown love, but it suggests romantic affection at the very least. In addition to that there's official art of them together. Let's not forget her animosity toward Dahlia because of what she was responsible for, either. They were canon, absolutely. I can understand if it's not one's cup of tea, though, because yes, Godot did kind of appear out of no where and people probably had their own ships for Mia beforehand. Heck, I personally thought she dug Phoenix before her death, what with inviting him out for drinks and everything. Sounds like a date to me.
Re: Your least favorite PW pairingsTopic%20Title

Gender: Female

Rank: Desk Jockey

Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:56 am

Posts: 108

gallowsCalibrator wrote:
There's definitely proof Mia returned Diego's feelings. For one thing, she was dating him. That doesn't have to mean it's full-blown love, but it suggests romantic affection at the very least. In addition to that there's official art of them together. They were canon, absolutely. I can understand if it's not one's cup of tea, though, because yes, Godot did kind of appear out of no where and people probably had their own ships for Mia beforehand. Heck, I personally thought she dug Phoenix before her death, what with inviting him out for drinks and everything. Sounds like a date to me.


Wait, were they really dating? As far as I know, that isn't stated anywhere in the game (I'm not entirely sure since it's been a while since I played T&T, but I think it's implied at best). Anyway, even if they really were dating, that doesn't really mean Mia loved Diego. Heck, the way their relationship is portrayed, it seems to me Mia's love for Diego was purely carnal. Honestly, in my own headcanon, they were little more than friends with benefits.
I'm not saying that it isn't canon (it is), it just bothers me how everyone goes "oh, I love Diego/Mia! Diego loved Mia so much!", and then ignore Mia's feelings entirely.

This is just my own interpretation, though. And no, I don't ship Mia with anyone else. I just wish their relationship had been portrayed differently.
Image
Re: Your least favorite PW pairingsTopic%20Title
User avatar

N3OPHYT3 L3G1SL4C3R4TOR

Gender: Female

Rank: Desk Jockey

Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:26 am

Posts: 64

It was stated in the game, yes. There are also hints here and there that Mia cared quite a bit about Diego, but nothing explicit. So in that regard you're right. I honestly blame that moreso on a lack of viewed interaction between the two of them, since most of the content we got was from before they'd started dating and nothing at all outside of court. Yet I realize if I'm going to use that argument, then it could also be applied to Phoenix and Iris, since if we'd gotten to view more of their interactions while in University there might be more to become attached to.

Then again, if they did that, it'd probably be all too obvious that Dahlia and Iris weren't quite one-in-the-same and preemptively spoil a major part of the game.
Re: Your least favorite PW pairingsTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Female

Location: Canada

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:06 pm

Posts: 284

EDIT: Never mind. My post was getting way to off topic anyways.

I also dislike :hobohodo: X :minuki: . I don't get the want for a pairing like this >_>
Image
"Having a place to go — is a home. Having someone to love — is a family. Having both — is a blessing."
Re: Your least favorite PW pairingsTopic%20Title
User avatar

Fantina's perfect little Franny!

Gender: Female

Location: UK

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:33 pm

Posts: 3474

MiaFeyFan wrote:
EDIT: Never mind. My post was getting way to off topic anyways.

I also dislike :hobohodo: X :minuki: . I don't get the want for a pairing like this >_>

Cause people are gross.
Re: Your least favorite PW pairingsTopic%20Title
User avatar

Call me James/Professor/whatever

Gender: Male

Location: At Fishman Island

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2011 4:52 pm

Posts: 590

Chloe wrote:
MiaFeyFan wrote:
EDIT: Never mind. My post was getting way to off topic anyways.

I also dislike :hobohodo: X :minuki: . I don't get the want for a pairing like this >_>

Cause people are gross.


Cause brother/sister incest can only go so far. :gumshoe:
http://i.neoseeker.com/mgv/9935-Akira_E ... 44a161.gif

"I love the thrill of a good solution!"
Re: Your least favorite PW pairingsTopic%20Title
User avatar

Fantina's perfect little Franny!

Gender: Female

Location: UK

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:33 pm

Posts: 3474

Professor Yoshi wrote:
Chloe wrote:
MiaFeyFan wrote:
EDIT: Never mind. My post was getting way to off topic anyways.

I also dislike :hobohodo: X :minuki: . I don't get the want for a pairing like this >_>

Cause people are gross.


Cause brother/sister incest can only go so far. :gumshoe:

Indeed. But they get boring quickly.
Re: Your least favorite PW pairingsTopic%20Title
User avatar

I'm bad at puzzle solving..

Gender: Female

Location: The land of depressing weather.

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:17 am

Posts: 421

mai wrote:
gallowsCalibrator wrote:
There's definitely proof Mia returned Diego's feelings. For one thing, she was dating him. That doesn't have to mean it's full-blown love, but it suggests romantic affection at the very least. In addition to that there's official art of them together. They were canon, absolutely. I can understand if it's not one's cup of tea, though, because yes, Godot did kind of appear out of no where and people probably had their own ships for Mia beforehand. Heck, I personally thought she dug Phoenix before her death, what with inviting him out for drinks and everything. Sounds like a date to me.


Wait, were they really dating? As far as I know, that isn't stated anywhere in the game (I'm not entirely sure since it's been a while since I played T&T, but I think it's implied at best). Anyway, even if they really were dating, that doesn't really mean Mia loved Diego. Heck, the way their relationship is portrayed, it seems to me Mia's love for Diego was purely carnal. Honestly, in my own headcanon, they were little more than friends with benefits.
I'm not saying that it isn't canon (it is), it just bothers me how everyone goes "oh, I love Diego/Mia! Diego loved Mia so much!", and then ignore Mia's feelings entirely.

This is just my own interpretation, though. And no, I don't ship Mia with anyone else. I just wish their relationship had been portrayed differently.

Didn't Grossberg refer to Diego as Mia's boyfriend in 3-1?

Anyway: How can people support :adrian: X :franny:? I just don't get it. I never saw anything much between them, just a little friendship. Adrian's "illness" has nothing to do with it, either.
Image
Professor Layton & The Lost Future. Best game ever.

I live everywhere and nowhere, usually as Kumori. My YouTube is 'WoodULikeSumCatFood', shamelessly ripped from a friend of mine.
Re: Your least favorite PW pairingsTopic%20Title

Gender: Male

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2011 4:04 pm

Posts: 216

FVKWY wrote:
Anyway: How can people support :adrian: X :franny:? I just don't get it. I never saw anything much between them, just a little friendship. Adrian's "illness" has nothing to do with it, either.


Almost their entire relationship is restricted to the end credits. In JFA Franziska sent Adrian a letter saying she could consult her with anything. This was after Edgeworth mentioned their similarities. Adrian built a false self in the image of Celest and Franziska did the same to uphold the Von Karma name. The difference being that Adrian, after being exposed, built a new self and probably sought help. Franziska clung to her pride and stormed out of the courtroom with intentions of throwing away her career. Perhaps that letter about consultation was Franzy's own prideful way of seeking help for herself but whatever the case, it was Franziska von Karma of all people being personable.

In the T&T credits, Adrian is receiving whip lessons. Kinky euphemisms aside, Adrian and Franziska never even saw each other in T&T and were linked during the credits anyway, enforcing the idea of a relationship. I don't necessarily mean a romantic one, but they are most assuredly friends at least.

The idea of Franziska's icy shell warming up to someone probably causes a lot of people to take that extra step to viewing it as romantic. The two women struck a bond and there are a lot of undertones suggesting Adrian is a lesbian (whether she herself realizes it or not). It might have been her disorder talking but the way she spoke about Celest went way further than friendship or respect for a mentor. People will then take this and project it on Franziska, despite what the prosecutor's feelings may or may not be.

I'm not saying I see the relationship as a pairing per se but I do see where people are coming from.
Re: Your least favorite PW pairingsTopic%20Title
User avatar

Procrastinator.

Gender: Female

Location: Here.

Rank: Desk Jockey

Joined: Sat Aug 13, 2011 1:28 pm

Posts: 51

:phoenix: x :edgeworth:
No offense but I hate that pair a lot. Maybe its because I don't really like yaoi.
My otp is :franny: x :adrian:
I like how Franzy has that one soft spot for Adrian <3<3<3
Koishi x Flandre.
Re: Your least favorite PW pairingsTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Female

Location: Canada

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:06 pm

Posts: 284

^I agree with you about the Fradrian thing. I do love the pairing, it's not my OTP though :bellboy:

I'm not to fond of Edgeworth X Phoenix mainly because there are far too many things in the games to back of the claim of Nick being strait. As for Edgey-poo, I like to view him as asexual :edgy:

mai wrote:
Wait, were they really dating? As far as I know, that isn't stated anywhere in the game (I'm not entirely sure since it's been a while since I played T&T, but I think it's implied at best). Anyway, even if they really were dating, that doesn't really mean Mia loved Diego. Heck, the way their relationship is portrayed, it seems to me Mia's love for Diego was purely carnal. Honestly, in my own headcanon, they were little more than friends with benefits.
I'm not saying that it isn't canon (it is), it just bothers me how everyone goes "oh, I love Diego/Mia! Diego loved Mia so much!", and then ignore Mia's feelings entirely.

Actually, playing through T&T again, I can point out a few spots where you can see Mia's feelings towards Diego. One is the most obvious; when Grossberg says "It's about that case in which you came to lose your boyfriend" Mia doesn't say much on this issue, but wouldn't that be a bit more than 'implied'?
Two is how throughout the course of 3-1, Phoenix often goes off topic to all the great lovey-dovey things him and 'Dahlia' did together. The interesting thing is that whenever he says these things, Mia goes and punches or hits Mr. Grossberg. For example...
Spoiler:
Phoenix:
Dollie's homemade lunches are
just the greatest!

Phoenix:
Mmm! Her mini-omelettes are
magically delicious!
Eheh heh heh.

Grossberg:
Yeowch!!
Wh-Why did you punch me in
the jaw!?

Mia:
Oh! I-I'm so sorry...!
I just felt like hurting
someone all of a sudden!

I've always assumed she did that because it was reminding her of the things she and Diego did together, and she gets mad for not being able to do those things anymore so she goes and punches Grossberg.
A few other things are spread out throughout the game, but it's all really just baseless dialogue between Mia and Godot in court trials. Like at that one part before Maya goes to the witness stand.
Spoiler:
Mia:
...

Mia:
Is it really alright...
Mr. Prosecutor?

Godot:
...

Godot:
Of course it's alright...
Madame Attorney.

This one conversation between the two of them really gets my wheels turning. I really don't know how to put it...I just find it really...odd. It makes me want to know what was going on inside Mia's head during the trial. I don't even know if it could be considered 'evidence' in how Mia felt. :sadshoe:
Also, not every Miego fan only considers Diego's point of view. Actually, in almost every fanfic I've written for the pair, It's Mia's point of view I use. Not that there is much canon stuff for her feelings in the first place.

I think that their whole relationship is up to how the player sees it anyways. But they were a couple; that much is certain.
Image
"Having a place to go — is a home. Having someone to love — is a family. Having both — is a blessing."
Re: Your least favorite PW pairingsTopic%20Title
User avatar

Sometimes I post here. Sometimes.

Gender: Male

Location: Eating your soul.

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 5:51 am

Posts: 22

Let's see...I'm not going to go deep into yaoi pairings, becuase I never ship them and most seem pretty cracky in general, but I'll say that in the yaoi category, I've NEVER liked Phoenix/Edgeworth. I just can't ever see it happening.

As far as straight pairings go, I don't like Kristoph/Vera (I consider it somewhat pedophilic and extremely creepy...), Phoenix/Iris (It's a little too dull for me, and I ship Phoenix/Maya anyway), Apollo/Trucy (Again, pedophilia AND incest), and I'm sure there's more, but I don't feel like thinking right now. xD

Oh, and anything involving Gant, Hotti, Redd, Manfred, etc.
I believe the proper phrase here is "you fail"!
-Miles Edgeworth
Re: Your least favorite PW pairingsTopic%20Title
User avatar

Objection Goddess

Gender: Female

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:14 am

Posts: 26

Least favorites huh? I have a few that come to mind:

:phoenix: X :edgy: - As many others pointed out, too many facts lean towards they're straight. And I'm really sick already of seeing it so many times.

:karma: X :franny: - just... No... That's sick, but I saw it done recently in a fanfic and... Ugh.

:wendy: X :edgeworth: - DEAR GOD NO. It's funny to see Edgeworth's face that clearly states: 'NO WAY IN HELL CRAZY WOMAN!' but that's it.

:adrian: X :franny: - As a bunch of others pointed out, I can't get this one. Really don't like it at all.

That's a few off the top of my head.
Re: Your least favorite PW pairingsTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Female

Location: Canada

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:06 pm

Posts: 284

gotMLK7 wrote:
Oh, and anything involving Gant, Hotti, Redd, Manfred, etc.

Oh, do mean something like...
Image
THIS??!!

(I don't ship this or anything, btw :will: )
Image
"Having a place to go — is a home. Having someone to love — is a family. Having both — is a blessing."
Re: Your least favorite PW pairingsTopic%20Title
User avatar

Chains and whips excite me

Gender: Female

Location: Ireland

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 1:57 pm

Posts: 45

^First let me say that picture terrifies me.

Any sibling ships really squick me. Gavincest, Skyecest and...(is MiaxMaya called Feycest, idk)? I just can't see the appeal of them whatsoever. I can stand TrucyxApollo because for the majority of the game you don't know they're siblings so you might have seen some potential there before the ship was sunk(I kind of did), and considering they themselves don't know it wouldn't be impossible for them to develop feelings for each other down the line. Phoenix should definitely tell them soon before that hiimdaisy comic becomes reality.

I don't like yaoi pairings in general, but I have a specific dislike for both :phoenix:/ :edgeworth: and :kyouya:/ :odoroki: I just get annoyed that two dudes can't be friends without attracting a huge amount of people shipping them romantically. Saying that though I can still understand :phoenix:/ :edgeworth: considering they had some genuinely sweet moments and Phoenix really cared about him a lot. They cooperate well and Phoenix seems to bring out the best in Edgeworth, especially seeing how he triggered his change into him becoming a better person and prosecutor. That said I still don't like them as a romantic pairing, but as friends I love them.

On the other hand :kyouya:/ :odoroki:. Apart from the couple of lines Klavier throws at Apollo I can't understand the appeal of it, especially since unlike Phoenix/Edgeworth they don't have any backstory to tie them together. I read a few fics of it to try and understand what fans see in it, but all I see is Apollo being turned into a little moe blob uke. Then again I have an absolutely huge bias for :kyouya:/ :sassy: so my opinion doesn't exactly count for much here, ha ha.

:phoenix:/ :maya: This last pairing I'm on the fence about. Again I think friendship is an extremely important relationship to have and I adore the way the two of them are right now, however I honestly can't imagine them in a romantic relationship with anyone other than each other. It's obvious that Phoenix cares about her A LOT, but they have such a buddy buddy(I wouldn't call it sibling-like)feel to them that it's hard to see it as romantic. Maybe if a more mature Maya were to show up in the next game I'd be more inclined to ship them.

For now I'll just stay in the corner with my Klavier/Ema and Maggey/Gumshoe.
Re: Your least favorite PW pairingsTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Female

Location: Canada

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:06 pm

Posts: 284

^ Totally agree with everything you've said here (especially the Klavier/Apollo stuff XD) but personally I'm still not gonna ship Nick X Maya :yuusaku: I've just never seen them as lovers, just really close friends. Besides Feenie and Iris is where it's at! /shot

Also, I've actually remembered a ship that has been around for a while but I'm not sure if many people are into it now, and that ship is Mia/Lana.
Now putting my whole fangirl obsession with Miego out of this, I can say I will ship it to an extent. I think everyone was thinking what I was thinking when Lana said "That must be why she was attracted to me..." but Ema quickly corrected her. Lana seems to have a great sense of respect for Mia and I've always liked thinking up fanfics about the duo's friendship in school, but I've never really been super-duper into this pairing. When I said I will ship it to an extent, I mean I will ship it if it's one-sided Lana's point of view. Because a) I can't really see Mia as a lesbian. b) Lana seems like she really respected her friend, and c) why would she bring up the whole "scientifically attracted" thingy to Phoenix if she didn't think anything of it? Just something to think about :mia:

In the end I'm not to fond of the pairing but I do find writing it in Lana's point of view is kind of fun :gant: It's a lot like how I feel about Klavier/Ema.
Image
"Having a place to go — is a home. Having someone to love — is a family. Having both — is a blessing."
Re: Your least favorite PW pairingsTopic%20Title
User avatar

Chains and whips excite me

Gender: Female

Location: Ireland

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 1:57 pm

Posts: 45

Phew, thanks! Good to know I wasn't just spouting nonsense. Same here probably, but I don't know, there's a part of me that just wants to ship Phoenix/Maya really badly because I want them to stay the awesome duo they are forever. Well being honest I think Phoenix/Iris belongs in the past, but I don't mind that pairing much for some reason.

Oh I've seen that pairing a couple of times on the kink meme, but I mainly put it down to people shipping them because they're hot. It sounds interesting if you put it that way. I'll admit I'm a shoujo-ai fan, so the idea of two mature women like that dating is a nice idea. For her saying 'attracted' though, I really put it down to a poor choice of words. I can see how people would intrepret it differently but I wouldn't say it was a statement meant in a romantic way at all. It does sound pretty... odd, though. Ha ha.

I think it's great you write for a pairing you're not particularly fond of. One sided ships are fun too. Ah it's nice to find someone who's at least semi-neutral towards Klavier/Ema. From what I've seen people either love it or absolutely hate it.
Re: Your least favorite PW pairingsTopic%20Title
User avatar

earthlings on fire

Gender: Female

Location: Hazakura Temple

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:57 am

Posts: 1013

I don't like Klavier/Apollo. For some reason I find it the most boring pairing out there. I'm not sure why I find it so dull but for some reason I just do. The random suggestive things Klavier said to Apollo sounded so blatantly forced just to make slash fans happy and I found it really stupid. It's not so much of me seeing Klavier as straight as the pairing just feels so random and forced and...lame. I can't seem to find any character to ship with Apollo, but this one especially is one I don't like.
At least with Phoenix/Edgeworth there's backstory and more interaction, like mentioned, but here they hardly speak besides in court.

Franziska/Maya I'm not too fond of either. They're the same age, yes, but at such a different stage in each of their respective lives that I can't see them having a stable relationship because they're just too different and their opinions would clash terribly. I could perhaps see them having an awkwardly friendly acquaintanceship but that's honestly as far as I could see it going. Besides, I think Maya is straight. Franziska, on the other hand... I could see her with a woman.


Phoenix/Godot just seems like someone was having fun with the Pairing Generator...Same with Pearl/Wocky. Gumshoe/Edgeworth just rubs me the wrong way and gets in the way of Gumeshoe/Maggey ;)

Saviala wrote:
Ah it's nice to find someone who's at least semi-neutral towards Klavier/Ema. From what I've seen people either love it or absolutely hate it.


I personally don't find myself having a fixed opinion on Klavier/Ema, actually. Sometimes I don't like it and sometimes I find it endearing. It just really depends on the story I read.
ImageImageImage
...and there's fifteen feet of pure white snow
Re: Your least favorite PW pairingsTopic%20Title

...What?

Gender: Female

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:34 pm

Posts: 23

Trucy/Apollo. They're siblings. Ew. No matter what you say, I will still hate it.

Um... and I don't really hate much else, really. Aside from the crack ones. But even then, it depends on how they're portrayed in the fan stuff. I found myself really liking AdrianXEdgeworth in a fanfic even though it's really unlikely.
Re: Your least favorite PW pairingsTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Female

Location: Canada

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:06 pm

Posts: 284

Cravat of Doom wrote:

Phoenix/Godot just seems like someone was having fun with the Pairing Generator...Same with Pearl/Wocky. Gumshoe/Edgeworth just rubs me the wrong way and gets in the way of Gumeshoe/Maggey ;)

Wait...there's a fanbase for that?!
And I agree with the Gumshoe thing. Gummy/Maggey is definatly canon, and I don't really like it when people screw up canon :yuusaku:
As for the Phoenix/Godot thing, I know I've said it already in this thread but...
GODOT CAN'T POSSIBLY BE GAY.
If only Yaoi extremists could just see that there are some characters you just can't yaoi-fy, no matter how hard you try.
Image
"Having a place to go — is a home. Having someone to love — is a family. Having both — is a blessing."
Re: Your least favorite PW pairingsTopic%20Title
User avatar

The protagonists of my fangame!

Gender: None specified

Location: Behind you...

Rank: Desk Jockey

Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:26 am

Posts: 55

MiaFeyFan wrote:
Cravat of Doom wrote:

Phoenix/Godot just seems like someone was having fun with the Pairing Generator...Same with Pearl/Wocky. Gumshoe/Edgeworth just rubs me the wrong way and gets in the way of Gumeshoe/Maggey ;)

Wait...there's a fanbase for that?!

Try telling that to nekonohime.

Personally, I think Trucy/Pearl fits the "fun with the Pairing Generator" description better. As does any gay pairing with these people in it: :ack: :mia: :larry: :sadshoe: :headbang: :gregory: :maggy: Image :morgan: :Max-Cry: :accordion-head: :mareka: :ayame: :elise: :spload: :karate: . These people are ALL STRAIGHT! STOP SHIPPING THEM WITH MEMBERS OF THE SAME GENDER :butz: :redd-is-white: :zap: :beef: :sob: :glasses: :scratch: :zenny:
Re: Your least favorite PW pairingsTopic%20Title
User avatar

Je voudrais une anana, s'il vous plait.

Gender: Female

Location: East Coast of the US of A

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Sun Jul 04, 2010 3:44 am

Posts: 287

MiaFeyFan wrote:
PhoenixFlower16 wrote:
oh and please tell me, WHO ELSE IN THE WORLD THINKS THAT THIS:
:uramidn: x :zenitora:
IS THE WEIRDEST/WORST PAIR?

I don't even get that one. Didn't he use her??
It's not my least favourite one, but I don't like it hate it.


You are absolutely right. I mean, I thought that after that case, you know, it would just be weird...but I've heard some people like it!
Image
"Dilon mein tum apne betabiyaan leke chal rahe ho, toh zinda ho tum..."
"If you carry impatience in your heart, you are alive..."
Re: Your least favorite PW pairingsTopic%20Title

Gender: Female

Rank: Desk Jockey

Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:56 am

Posts: 108

MiaFeyFan wrote:
Actually, playing through T&T again, I can point out a few spots where you can see Mia's feelings towards Diego. One is the most obvious; when Grossberg says "It's about that case in which you came to lose your boyfriend" Mia doesn't say much on this issue, but wouldn't that be a bit more than 'implied'?


Having a boyfriend =/= being in love with him. I wish human relationships were as simple as that, but unfortunately they aren't.

Quote:
Two is how throughout the course of 3-1, Phoenix often goes off topic to all the great lovey-dovey things him and 'Dahlia' did together. The interesting thing is that whenever he says these things, Mia goes and punches or hits Mr. Grossberg. For example...
Spoiler:
Phoenix:
Dollie's homemade lunches are
just the greatest!

Phoenix:
Mmm! Her mini-omelettes are
magically delicious!
Eheh heh heh.

Grossberg:
Yeowch!!
Wh-Why did you punch me in
the jaw!?

Mia:
Oh! I-I'm so sorry...!
I just felt like hurting
someone all of a sudden!

I've always assumed she did that because it was reminding her of the things she and Diego did together, and she gets mad for not being able to do those things anymore so she goes and punches Grossberg.


I'm pretty sure she did that because Phoenix's cheesiness made her mad. When someone says something really cheesy, I feel like breaking things. So I always assumed that's what happened to Mia. I'm pretty sure it was implied/stated, anyway.

Quote:
Spoiler:
Mia:
...

Mia:
Is it really alright...
Mr. Prosecutor?

Godot:
...

Godot:
Of course it's alright...
Madame Attorney.

This one conversation between the two of them really gets my wheels turning. I really don't know how to put it...I just find it really...odd. It makes me want to know what was going on inside Mia's head during the trial. I don't even know if it could be considered 'evidence' in how Mia felt. :sadshoe:


That sounded to me like Mia didn't really give a damn about him... but your interpretation is as good as mine.
Quote:
Also, not every Miego fan only considers Diego's point of view. Actually, in almost every fanfic I've written for the pair, It's Mia's point of view I use. Not that there is much canon stuff for her feelings in the first place.

I think that their whole relationship is up to how the player sees it anyways. But they were a couple; that much is certain.


But that's not what I meant. At all. What I mean is, the way people talk about this pairing bothers me. Most people say "I love Diego/Mia because Diego loved her so much!". Yeah, Diego loved Mia (or so he said), but what about her feelings? Why does everyone ignore them?

I'm not saying Mia didn't care about Diego at all. It's just... I wish people would explore her feelings a little bit more, instead of being like "yeah, so Diego loved her and they were a couple. Let's assume she returned his feelings!". It's not only lazy and boring (I'd love to see fanfiction where Mia cared about Diego, but not in that way, and was in a relationship with him for a different reasion), it has some really disturbing connotations (his feelings are the only ones that matter).
Image
Re: Your least favorite PW pairingsTopic%20Title

Grossberg

Gender: None specified

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Mon Aug 29, 2011 12:22 am

Posts: 2

:holdit: :holdit: :holdit: :holdit:
Re: Your least favorite PW pairingsTopic%20Title
User avatar

The cape is self-fluttering

Gender: Female

Location: The Bostonius

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:00 pm

Posts: 2810

Marvin Grossberg wrote:
:holdit: :holdit: :holdit: :holdit:


You're not a fan of the four-way speech bubble??? But it's such a beautiful union :larry:
"Descole? You don't mean Mr. I-Like-to-Wreck-Things-with-Mechanical-Monsters-and-Dress-Up-as-Posh-Ladies Descole?" -Emmy Altava

Image
...NAILED IT
Page 46 of 50 [ 1985 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50  Next
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  

 Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby

Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum
Jump to:  
News News Site map Site map SitemapIndex SitemapIndex RSS Feed RSS Feed Channel list Channel list
Powered by phpBB

phpBB SEO