Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » The Hydeout (GS4)

Page 11 of 17[ 679 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 17  Next

Re: GS4 Spoiler DiscussionTopic%20Title

*insert something witty here*

Spoiler:
Yep, they changed it. Kyouya is the prosecutor from Case 2 onwards. Besides, it's hardly a trend, the only time where a new and evil prosecutor introduced in the last case of the game is GS1: in GS2-4, it's a face the players' met before (Edgey, Franny/Godot, Kyouya).

Master of sharp things!

TheDarkArchon wrote:
Spoiler:
Yep, they changed it. Kyouya is the prosecutor from Case 2 onwards. Besides, it's hardly a trend, the only time where a new and evil prosecutor introduced in the last case of the game is GS1: in GS2-4, it's a face the players' met before (Edgey, Franny/Godot, Kyouya).

Well, it's not so much a tradition in facing an "evil" Prosecutor in the fourth case, as much as it is just facing a special Prosecutor (or a version of said prosecutor) that you don't normally face in the rest of the game.

Spoiler: Case 4 Prosecutors
In GS1, it was von Karma.
In GS2, Edgeworth.
In GS3, Young Edgeworth.

From that, the case 4 Prosecutor in this game is still a special prosecutor, since you don't exactly face him for most of the game.

The foxy ladies can't resist my sandwich

Blademaster_Orca wrote:
Spoiler: Case 4 Prosecutors
In GS1, it was von Karma.
In GS2, Edgeworth.
In GS3, Young Edgeworth.

From that, the case 4 Prosecutor in this game is still a special prosecutor, since you don't exactly face him for most of the game.

I'm just glad they did use Edgy again.
fuck

F.O.E.

Spoiler: Case 1
Kirihito, whatever the flip it means, is a play on Hitokiri, which means assassin (even though Hitokiri is more used for an assassin that handles a sword or that cuts his enemies down...)

Yes, I pointed that out shortly after the name was first revealed.

Spoiler: Case 1
Quote:
If you turn the words around, you get "hitokiri", meaning "manslayer". Kenshin fans will be familiar with that term.

See, I said that September last year, on the old board.

"What is this...?"

Spoiler: Case 4-4 spoiler
Just wondering- how exactly does the Mason System work anyway? As far as I've got I get a strange-looking selection screen that allows me to toggle between "7 years ago" and the "present age". But I can't activate anything in the present, only locations in the past. I also can't seem to move freely- I always return to the selection screen when I press the "move" button. Also, I think I play as Phoenix again- am I right?

ImageFuture Edgeworth!

Fucking Superhero, Bitch

jamar wrote:
Just wondering- how exactly does the Mason System work anyway? As far as I've got I get a strange-looking selection screen that allows me to toggle between "7 years ago" and the "present age". But I can't activate anything in the present, only locations in the past. I also can't seem to move freely- I always return to the selection screen when I press the "move" button. Also, I think I play as Phoenix again- am I right?

Spoiler:
Wait, hold the phone. Mason system? Did I miss something in these past pages?

"What is this...?"

Spoiler:
If you haven't gotten to case 4-4 you may not know what it is.

ImageFuture Edgeworth!

The Goddamned Batman wrote:
jamar wrote:

Spoiler:
Wait, hold the phone. Mason system? Did I miss something in these past pages?

Mason system :

Spoiler:
It is the system that allows player to switch between past and present "as if" they are Naruhodo. Based on my own understanding it is introduced by Naruhodo himself as a type of "review", for jury members to know about what he found out in 7 years of time. And since there are no other things can made that happen, general assumption is that Akane's button on his head functions as a video camera and recorded everything.

How does it work:

Spoiler:
I haven't played it myself...but it looks like you need to finish certain part in the past and then switch to the present, finish another and back to the past again.

Since it is pre-recorded so it follows a certain order, players are not allowed to move freely between the scenes, unlike regular investigation session.

(It is entirely new - I wonder if it will be used again in the next game...)

comin' around

it definitely is an interesting system. :o wonder how it would be like to play that...

Hidden secret Ema/Phoenix love!

So the whole badge thing being a camera is just fan speculation?

MrLegend wrote:
So the whole badge thing being a camera is just fan speculation?

Spoiler:
Some players seem to be unclear about the camera's relation to Mason System. Some
do not even know that is Akane's button on his head. (did not play through 1st
game's new version and not noticing her buttons) It is confirmed is that Naruhodo got
a camera on his head...except that button there is no where else he can hide it and
still record anything. Its origin is not properly explained.

I will post an update/correction once I found out the final answer.
(hope I can get my copy today)

If someone played through Case 4 and able to provide an explaination, please do too. Thanks.

Taking it, one step at a time.

Its one really weird system...
You were born on the same day as your birthday, right?

Future Surgeon

Ok... I"m not following any of this. First off-
Spoiler:
Wth is this about Minuki being Phoenix's daughter? Am I hearing correctly? ( or reading, I guess)

And, second...
Spoiler:
With that animation where Garyuu is slamming the desk? What's happening? And why is Phoenix objecting?

I'd appreciate it very much if someone answered my noobish questions... But if not, that's fine too. [blur=]I guess[/blur]

Master of sharp things!

Bassist1955 wrote:
Ok... I"m not following any of this. First off-
Spoiler:
Wth is this about Minuki being Phoenix's daughter? Am I hearing correctly? ( or reading, I guess)

Spoiler: Minuki
Phoenix claims Minuki is his daughter early on in the game, and it's true, though she's only adopted.

Quote:
And, second...
Spoiler:
With that animation where Garyuu is slamming the desk? What's happening? And why is Phoenix objecting?

Spoiler: Garyuu
I suppose you mean the one where all of those things are floating around him for a while? That's a breakdown animation, of sorts, or so I figure. Not his total, falling-apart animation, though.

As for the second part....

Spoiler: Phoenix?
If you mean the part where he's behind the bench with Odoroki and objecting, he pretty much pointed out a major contradiction. I don't remember just what happened, though.

Future Surgeon

Ok... woah. Wooooooooooooooah. Ok, well, I think it's time I go and write me a fanfiction on why Phoenix became a hobo. Thank you very much, Blademaster!

A new hero with a heart burning blue

Location: If i told you that would not be very much fun now would it?

Happiness Punch! wrote:
Questions, si si.

Spoiler: Little G
he's 24 in Gs4, so 24 minus 7 = 17 Ack Isn't that a little too young to be a prosecutor? Little too over the borderline...right? Someone broke Edgey's record Keiko Sad

Spoiler:
Actually Fransiska/Mei started her career at age 13

Making new sig...
half way to descisive witness...

Science: It's cuter than ever

Quick question...I don't think I need to put this question under a spoiler tag?

What is Ema's personality like in this game? How is she different from her case 5 counterpart, if at all?

俺の黄金の魔女

SilverZephyr wrote:

What is Ema's personality like in this game? How is she different from her case 5 counterpart, if at all?

Though this probably isn't the answer you want to hear, I find her profoundly irritating. Which is a real pity, because I loved her in RftA. She's unhelpful and her attitude is annoying (I know you didn't want to be a detective, SUCK IT UP). It seems like she's always in a bad mood--unless you're doing some sort of scientific investigation. And if I never had to hear "crunch crunch crunch crunch crunch crunch crunch crunch crunch crunch crunch crunch crunch crunch crunch crunch" again, I might possibly die a happy woman.

The local Maki fangirl~

Spoiler: Case 3...
Okay, so I just beat this case, and... I'm completely and utterly confused.
What was Daian's motive? I couldn't figure that out. Also, why'd he try to pretty much ruin the concert by burning Kyouya's guitar - while he was playing it, no less?

I'd be glad if someone could explain that for me~

Science: It's cuter than ever

musouka wrote:
SilverZephyr wrote:

Though this probably isn't the answer you want to hear, I find her profoundly irritating. Which is a real pity, because I loved her in RftA. She's unhelpful and her attitude is annoying (I know you didn't want to be a detective, SUCK IT UP). It seems like she's always in a bad mood--unless you're doing some sort of scientific investigation. And if I never had to hear "crunch crunch crunch crunch crunch crunch crunch crunch crunch crunch crunch crunch crunch crunch crunch crunch" again, I might possibly die a happy woman.

Ah )= Thank you for the honest answer...I still love her in case 5...so she's like this the whole time? Darn...

Hi

Blademaster_Orca wrote:
Spoiler: the flashback case screenshots
Anyone else find it amusing that they used all the graphics of the original courtroom/lobby look in the flashback case? Nice touch.

I actually think that's more for graphical ease than to be a "nice touch".

Spoiler: Case 4
Well I guess Phoenix is in this case. That'd mean that his court sprites would cause problems due to the different bench. Here's his normal sprite and its position:

Keeping the position the same, but replacing the old bench with the new one makes this:

It's hardly noticable, but there's a small line or 2 of pixels where his hand sprite doesn't get to. (His right hand, our left)

SilverZephyr wrote:
musouka wrote:
SilverZephyr wrote:

Ah )= Thank you for the honest answer...I still love her in case 5...so she's like this the whole time? Darn...

She is the type of character with a humor that bites.
Spoiler:
She does have an altitude problem, to the department, Odoroki and surprisingly even Prosecutor Garyuu, but her bitternesss and snobbish behavior gives her a very interesting vocabulary and sometimes makes her "the truth speaker". Losing both Lotta and Oldbag in this game, I am glad to see at least we have one character continue to fulfill the task.

Since I did not find her as innocent as Maya in 1-5, and I usually love such characters, I found her to be very funny and entertaining. She did change her tone when Naruhodo is mentioned, or talking to his daughter Minuki - looks like she had way more respect for him than Odoroki & others.

F.O.E.

Someone asked earlier what Akane is eating all the time - those are "Karintou", fried dough cakes. They tell you in case 3, though you can actually read it on the bag if you look closely.

Here's a real bag of those:

Last edited by Ryu-kun on Thu Apr 19, 2007 9:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

What a Day. . .

....seriously. This is GREAT!!! I thank you all for your hard work, can't wait to play the game when it comes out in English.
Spoiler:
It's awesome that Phoenix wants to become a Defense attorney again.

-Rufus

"What is this...?"

Ryu-kun wrote:
Someone asked earlier what Akane is eating all the time - those are "Karintou", fried dough cakes. They tell you in case 3, though you can actually read it on the bag if you look closely.

Here's a real bag of those:

I imagined that they were a little shorter, since she looked like she was holding at least a few in her hand when she crunched on them. (may be off-topic) Is there a way to make those yourself?
ImageFuture Edgeworth!

The local Maki fangirl~

Spoiler: MASSIVE Case 4 spoilers, read at your own risk!
Finally beat the game.
Case 4's conclusion was... wow. Not too fond of the whole Jury system - I really hope they'll expand it later on, because just voting 'Guilty' or 'Not Guilty' is a bit lame.

Kirihito's breakdown was just... oh god. I really don't know what to say. That was, by far, the creepiest breakdown I've seen so far, though, although his post-breakdown sprite was even worse.

The Mason System was nice, although I hope they're not going to bring it back too often, as I really can't see it working in any 'normal' case.

One thing confused me a bit, though... Kirihito's Psyche-Lock.
It was black instead of the usual red. And the locks looked a bit different overall as well, but that might just be me.
Still... is there any particular reason why his Psyche-Locks looked different from the others? Or was it just because you never actually break them?

Misaki wrote:
One thing confused me a bit, though... Kirihito's Psyche-Lock.
It was black instead of the usual red. And the locks looked a bit different overall as well, but that might just be me.
Still... is there any particular reason why his Psyche-Locks looked different from the others? Or was it just because you never actually break them?

Spoiler:
Your guess is correct. Apparently his thoughts are blocked way beyond Matagama's ability to decipher. The black color means they could not be opened.

$&*^#*$ Spoiler Tag
-Wooster

The local Maki fangirl~

Spoiler: Case 4
Naila wrote:
Your guess is correct. Apparently his thoughts are blocked way beyond Matagama's ability to decipher. The black color means they could not be opened.

Soo... It's basically an unbreakable version of the Psyche-Locks, huh? I guess it makes sense for him to have such a strong Psyche-Lock, what with how damaging that secret of his would have been if it were revealed.

I get the feeling they'll bring this kind of Psyche-Lock back if they ever make a GS5, though. After all, they went through all that trouble to do new sprites... it'd be a waste to only use them in one case/game, and just for one person.

~We will become one~

Location: ~I am here, I can definitely feel you, we are here in the same sunny spot~

Misaki wrote:
Kirihito's breakdown was just... oh god. I really don't know what to say. That was, by far, the creepiest breakdown I've seen so far, though, although his post-breakdown sprite was even worse.

Spoiler: More about that...
That's just what I thought when I saw the sprites today, he freaking looks like he's murdering again! (Plus he looks like Dhaos from Tales of Phantasia like that)

The local Maki fangirl~

Jibo wrote:
Spoiler: More about that...
That's just what I thought when I saw the sprites today, he freaking looks like he's murdering again! (Plus he looks like Dhaos from Tales of Phantasia like that)

Spoiler: Case 4 again, whee.
Heh... Kirihito as Dhaos? Now that's an interesting mental image...
Either way, the actual animation is far, far creepier than just the sprites. Really. You need to see for yourself, it's just... wow.

Spoiler: Case 3
Alright, so... I pretty much understand the important parts of the game now, except for one little thing, which I mentioned in an earlier post.

Daian's motive.

I still can't figure it out. My best bet is that he was jealous of Kyouya's popularity or something, hence him trying to burn the guitar while he was playing it... but why did he kill the bodyguard? And why would he frame Maki for the crime...?

Spoiler:
Judging by Kirhito's spoiler sprites, he's a villain, meaning that the thing about him being a close friend of Phoenix is probably a lie. You'll see what I'm talking about in his spoiler sprites.

The foxy ladies can't resist my sandwich

dapz wrote:
Spoiler:
Judging by Kirhito's spoiler sprites, he's a villain, meaning that the thing about him being a close friend of Phoenix is probably a lie. You'll see what I'm talking about in his spoiler sprites.

Yes that's true.

Spoiler:
Being a close friend of Phoenix's couldn't be classed as a lie actually.

fuck

*Insert Twilight Zone Music here*

Spoiler: Case 4 Investigation Part 1
I just finished Investigation Part 1 during the middle of the night, and I was shocked about the paintings. I need to know what happens! Someone tell how the secret pictures were created! This game is so suspenseful even though I cant read Japanese!

Not Complete

Supaznmario wrote:
Spoiler: Case 4 Investigation Part 1
I just finished Investigation Part 1 during the middle of the night, and I was shocked about the paintings. I need to know what happens! Someone tell how the secret pictures were created! This game is so suspenseful even though I cant read Japanese!

How do you play it without reading Japanese? I didn't think we had the translation that far...

"What is this...?"

There's a complete Japanese walkthrough for GS4 out now that uses a flowchart pattern. It's pretty easily readable, even by those with little knowledge of Japanese. I finished the game with it.
ImageFuture Edgeworth!

jamar wrote:
There's a complete Japanese walkthrough for GS4 out now that uses a flowchart pattern. It's pretty easily readable, even by those with little knowledge of Japanese. I finished the game with it.

Where is it?
I need it!
lol

"What is this...?"

http://www5b.biglobe.ne.jp/~kay/aSaiban4-Top.htm
ImageFuture Edgeworth!

jamar wrote:

What gives... This is in Japanese...
I need this in English Please.
lol

*insert something witty here*

He said it was in Japanese. Read the post properly next time.

"What is this...?"

Nakuten Baisagy wrote:
jamar wrote:

What gives... This is in Japanese...
I need this in English Please.

There's always Google Translate if you absolutely have no knowledge of Japanese.
ImageFuture Edgeworth!
Page 11 of 17 [ 679 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 17  Next

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » The Hydeout (GS4)