Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » The Hydeout (GS4)

Page 1 of 1[ 36 posts ]
 


Changing the face of Justice forever? (spoilers)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Close enough...

Gender: Male

Location: A land of ignorance and fear.

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:30 pm

Posts: 14125

As we all know due to Justice's actions, now we have to use a Jurist system in order to decide who's innocent or guilty.

It worked against Kristoph in the final case but how will it work in future systems?

After all in almost every other case you can win through decisive evidence or via pressuring the witness/suspect to breaking point but now with this system in place will it help or hinder the process in GS5?
Made by Chesu+Zombee
Image

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.
Re: Changing the face of Justice forever? (spoilers)Topic%20Title
User avatar

machinimator

Gender: Male

Rank: Prosecutor

Joined: Thu Apr 24, 2008 8:24 pm

Posts: 606

I think this has been discussed in another topic already.
The games won't necessarily be more or less difficult as a result of the jurist system. I don't think it'll even really affect gameplay. It just means you don't quite need a "legally binding" not guilty verdict.
I'm gone for so long, and the colors got all psychedelic! Woohoo!
Re: Changing the face of Justice forever? (spoilers)Topic%20Title

Gender: Male

Location: Huddersfield

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Thu Aug 23, 2007 4:28 pm

Posts: 168

i think it will play the same but instead of the judge giving the verdict it wud be the jury and that is case 4-4 the player picking the result was just a one off
OBJECTION " i objection this is objectionable"

OBJECTION " i object to the witnesses talkitiveness"
Re: Changing the face of Justice forever? (spoilers)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Close enough...

Gender: Male

Location: A land of ignorance and fear.

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:30 pm

Posts: 14125

Yeah but shouldn't it make it a little too easy?

After all most of the time thats all the prosecution has to defend it's claims...evidence. Without the need for decisive evidence it shouldn't be too hard for Phoenix or Apollo to sway the jury with very likely possibilities.
Made by Chesu+Zombee
Image

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.
Re: Changing the face of Justice forever? (spoilers)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Powers Fan

Gender: None specified

Rank: Prosecutor

Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2008 2:46 am

Posts: 703

The topic title made me thing that would be a perfect title for one of the next two games. Apollo Justice: Justice Forever!
:agent-Smith: "You just wish you could talk in Webdings."

Come play Ghost Trick Mafia!
Re: Changing the face of Justice forever? (spoilers)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Male

Rank: Desk Jockey

Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2008 3:15 am

Posts: 144

Well, technically the verdict reached with the jurist system was different than it would have been without. Since it was a test trial, and the verdict was different than it normally would have been, doesn't that mean that the jurist's common sense may interfere with the law, scientifically speaking? :sassy: Perhaps they threw it out after the case?
ImageImageImage
Re: Changing the face of Justice forever? (spoilers)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Property of Big Corporate Things Inc.

Gender: Female

Location: Wait... It depends, which way is up?

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2008 11:55 am

Posts: 1425

I think it won't change anything. It'll probably just be Judge Fickle times six.
And it's not like the possibilities the defense claim are ever likely. xD
Image
Re: Changing the face of Justice forever? (spoilers)Topic%20Title
User avatar

:|

Gender: Female

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Sun May 27, 2007 6:16 am

Posts: 278

It's probably going to be gone by GS5... Somehow it will. Maybe it'll be unsuccessful? Maybe they'll see that the people's common sense isn't enough for the law?
Image
Thanks to Glace Leau and Vickinator for the signature and avatar!
Married to Xero Wright! <3
Click here to join the TWEWY RP group at dA!
Re: Changing the face of Justice forever? (spoilers)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Powers Fan

Gender: None specified

Rank: Prosecutor

Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2008 2:46 am

Posts: 703

Well, case 4-4 was just a test, so first they have to decide to go with it. That will take time, and then it will take even more time to finally start using it. And who knows, maybe we'll even have to deal with some corruption on the jury.
:agent-Smith: "You just wish you could talk in Webdings."

Come play Ghost Trick Mafia!
Re: Changing the face of Justice forever? (spoilers)Topic%20Title

Gender: None specified

Rank: Desk Jockey

Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2008 5:04 am

Posts: 60

Yea, i doubt the jurist system will stay. I thought that was only there for
Spoiler: 4-4
showing that Lamrior wears that bracelet that Apollo wears.
Re: Changing the face of Justice forever? (spoilers)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Super Ace Attorney

Gender: Male

Location: USA

Rank: Prosecutor

Joined: Thu Mar 20, 2008 8:33 pm

Posts: 968

jkiddingXD wrote:
Yea, i doubt the jurist system will stay. I thought that was only there for
Spoiler: 4-4
showing that Lamrior wears that bracelet that Apollo wears.


It's there because Capcom required them to show a positive view of a jury system.
Jesus is Lord.

Death Note is awesome.

"No, this is a reasonable discussion about pillow humping." -Tinker
Re: Changing the face of Justice forever? (spoilers)Topic%20Title
User avatar

「これが、モノを殺すと言うことだ…!」

Gender: Male

Location: Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2008 4:00 pm

Posts: 1520

Superninfreak wrote:
It's there because Capcom required them to show a positive view of a jury system.
Exactly. The Jury System is about to be (or was recently) implemented in japanese law, so Capcom wanted to introduce the system to gamers as well in a positive light, so general adoption doesn't come off as painful.
If videogames make murderers, then guns kill people and spoons made Rosie O'Donnell fat.
Image
Image
MyAnimeList | My PW/AA Stuff and Translations | My fic thread
Re: Changing the face of Justice forever? (spoilers)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Close enough...

Gender: Male

Location: A land of ignorance and fear.

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:30 pm

Posts: 14125

If they get rid of it it's gonna look bad as it'll be just like :garyuu: was saying- theres no place for common feelings in the law, I'd think they'd have to keep it.
Made by Chesu+Zombee
Image

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.
Re: Changing the face of Justice forever? (spoilers)Topic%20Title
User avatar

nuuuuu, stoooooop

Gender: Female

Location: America

Rank: Admin

Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 5:16 am

Posts: 5255

They could easily preserve the normal gameplay by just saying, "It turns out that jurists are just as hard to convince as the Judge!" We can easily assume that it was Kristoph freaking out like a monster that proved to the jury that mayyyybe Vera was innocent. In 4-4 it was the introduction of the jury itself that caused him to blow up, but if the system is implimented that will never throw a suspect again. In fact, witnesses on the stand may become even more cunning, acting as friendly as possible since they know they're playing to an audience. They could become harder to expose than ever.

Imagine if in GS5 Apollo ended up with... someone like Will Powers as his client, and the guilty party was a celebrity hottie like Matt Engarde. He would still have to get "Matt" to expose himself if he wanted a guaranteed Not Guilty verdict, and like most cases before, he would have to do it with evidence. There's no change to the procedure and it could be even harder than ever.

GS5 has plenty of options with the jury system and I think it'll work out fine.
ImageImage
Re: Changing the face of Justice forever? (spoilers)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Property of Big Corporate Things Inc.

Gender: Female

Location: Wait... It depends, which way is up?

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2008 11:55 am

Posts: 1425

Yup, that's what I said. Basically. Although I'm not sure about the 'harder' part.
I mean, I know the Judge has no common sense but even so, he was fooled by
all the witnesses all the same. It's because the hard evidence is there.

...And maybe also because there's a 'kick me' sign stuck to the defense's bench.
Image
Re: Changing the face of Justice forever? (spoilers)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Male

Location: The You 'kay

Rank: Prosecutor

Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2007 11:50 am

Posts: 718

I highly doubt you'll have to decide the verdict like 4-4. I think the only reason that was, was because you were seeing the court through the eyes of another key character.
Spoiler:
Lamiroir/Thalassa


I think the Judge's verdict dialog will simply change to say "The Jurors have made their verdict." or something along those lines.
Spoiler: Do a nice thing today,
Give your computer some love. <3
Image
Re: Changing the face of Justice forever? (spoilers)Topic%20Title

Fiskare

Gender: None specified

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Thu Mar 20, 2008 10:50 pm

Posts: 4

Changing the face of Justice forever:

Image
Re: Changing the face of Justice forever? (spoilers)Topic%20Title
User avatar

「これが、モノを殺すと言うことだ…!」

Gender: Male

Location: Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2008 4:00 pm

Posts: 1520

Zukhramm wrote:
Changing the face of Justice forever:

Image

LOL, genius. XD
If videogames make murderers, then guns kill people and spoons made Rosie O'Donnell fat.
Image
Image
MyAnimeList | My PW/AA Stuff and Translations | My fic thread
Re: Changing the face of Justice forever? (spoilers)Topic%20Title

OBJECTION!

Gender: Male

Location: St. Albans, England, UK

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:18 am

Posts: 2594

So the Jury System is sort of real? I didnt know that (not for Japan anyway), of course I know how a jury works but in the manual they always put that all legal stuff in the game is made up...
Nick and Maya - Friends and Lovers....
Re: Changing the face of Justice forever? (spoilers)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Male

Location: Hungary

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2007 1:15 pm

Posts: 1019

If case 2-4 had the jurist system, the miracle would never have happen.
Re: Changing the face of Justice forever? (spoilers)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Close enough...

Gender: Male

Location: A land of ignorance and fear.

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:30 pm

Posts: 14125

Hmm remind me what was the miracle in 2-4 my memory fails me.
Made by Chesu+Zombee
Image

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.
Re: Changing the face of Justice forever? (spoilers)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Rebel Scum

Gender: Male

Rank: Moderators

Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:06 pm

Posts: 6928

Herr Blondie wrote:
Hmm remind me what was the miracle in 2-4 my memory fails me.


Spoiler: 2-4
Getting Matt convicted and saving Maya.

Re: Changing the face of Justice forever? (spoilers)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Close enough...

Gender: Male

Location: A land of ignorance and fear.

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:30 pm

Posts: 14125

Well you could take his major breakdown at the end as a confession though right?
Made by Chesu+Zombee
Image

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.
Re: Changing the face of Justice forever? (spoilers)Topic%20Title

none

Gender: None specified

Rank: Desk Jockey

Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2008 3:23 pm

Posts: 111

You know how many jokes they could fit in?

Jury duty, jury duty, blackmail, eviction notice, pink slip, jury duty, jury duty, jury duty!
Virtual cookies to whoever gets the reference!
Re: Changing the face of Justice forever? (spoilers)Topic%20Title
User avatar

PWNED FA SHO.

Gender: Male

Location: Manila, Philippines; Austin, Texas

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2008 2:43 pm

Posts: 28

Meh. I think they made that jurist system on GS4 just to add to the already dramatic case on the way to epiphany. I also think the it will be less focused by GS5 and will probably just assume that the jurists already voted for innocence and whatnot. As for every other case, it will live on decisive evidence and testimonies since these two are the fundamentals in the trial anyway.

Til I see or read a confirmation on how GS5's gonna be and if it will actually make use if the jurist system, I'll conclude that it is just comparable on how the use of Maya's Magatama was removed from the series (with exception to 4-4 of course but represented in a different way, instead of the traditional presentation of the Magatama on individuals.).
I get tired easily.
Re: Changing the face of Justice forever? (spoilers)Topic%20Title
User avatar

machinimator

Gender: Male

Rank: Prosecutor

Joined: Thu Apr 24, 2008 8:24 pm

Posts: 606

Croik wrote:
In fact, witnesses on the stand may become even more cunning, acting as friendly as possible since they know they're playing to an audience.

Aaack. Now THIS, I wouldn't like. Isn't it just awesome in those tense moments when the murderer knows you need solid evidence?

Spoiler: previous games
Sahwit: Hah! Tough luck! You forgot one thing! How can you prove that it was slow the DAY of the murder!!

Gant: Heh.....he......hehehe!....HAHAHAHAHA! That was a close one, Wrighto! You almost had me! Sorry, but you'll have to do better than that....y-you see, that cloth...is ILLEGAL EVIDENCE!

Engarde: .....Hah! So, I guess the old fuddy-duddy figured it out! Well, enough of all this crap. Just pronounce me not guilty already. Because you're going to say exactly what I want you to say, aren't you?

Godot: G-Give me a break! You've got nothing, Trite! It's the end of the line, the final stop! Where's this location where you say the killer hid his wound???


See, things like that being said in court would make a jury think "He's probably the guy. I sound like Monk, don't I?" And I wouldn't want that....
I'm gone for so long, and the colors got all psychedelic! Woohoo!
Re: Changing the face of Justice forever? (spoilers)Topic%20Title

Grape Juice & Poker Fan

Gender: Male

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Sun May 18, 2008 7:09 pm

Posts: 10

Zukhramm wrote:
Changing the face of Justice forever:

Image


:gant: :gant:. That was hilarious.

But yeah, I don't think it'll make much of an effect on gameplay. I just think it'll be the same, but your presenting your case to jurists, not the judge.
Re: Changing the face of Justice forever? (spoilers)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Otaku, #1 Machi fan, #2 Machi Fan

Gender: Male

Location: Engl- Ooh, over 3000 posts. (England)

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2007 4:06 pm

Posts: 3781

Zukhramm wrote:
Changing the face of Justice forever:

Image


I love you.

It'd be pretty much the same, I think. Just six Judges. Personality identical.
Image
ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOGANT
Re: Changing the face of Justice forever? (spoilers)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Real men are gray-haired in their 20s.

Gender: None specified

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Fri Sep 11, 2009 3:03 am

Posts: 566

Even if the gameplay itself does not change much (and I don't think it will, but then again, we know literally NOTHING about GS5), we're still left with the fact that the series, at least in terms of its dominant narrative themes, has changed ENTIRELY. The one recurring theme that has totally and completely defined the series up to now is the struggle against a broken system that requires nothing less than decisive evidence to convict someone. But when that central theme is erased...what happens next?

It's been mentioned in other threads, but I'd say that jury corruption is a major possibility for a new overarching theme of the narrative. Please check out http://gamesforjames.blogspot.com/2009/09/verdict-of-forgiveness-jurist-system.html and tell me what you think!
Image


Totally not my sig...
Re: Changing the face of Justice forever? (spoilers)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Aspiring to Inspire

Gender: Female

Location: Asia

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:57 am

Posts: 458

If you ask me, the Jury System does make me wonder... (And no; I don't wanna call it the Jurist System because the name is contradictory to itself.)
AA follows the Inquisitive System wherein the judge doesn't hold biases against the defendant and asks questions to unravel the truth. This is also how witnesses are allowed to repeat and revise their testimonies. This is ideal for AA because the courts hold a simple Bench Trial, wherein nobody but the judge is allowed to contribute to the verdict.
However, the purpose of a jury is to render judgment based on the feelings and the wisdom of the common people. Therefore, a Jury System shall be used, and not an Inquisitive one. In conducting Jury Trials, a lawyer can catch a witness lying in pretty much the same way Phoenix does. However, revising testimonies isn't allowed since it doesn't work that way. Plus, the very act of lying is enough for the jury to discredit or to hold some sort of bias against the witness. The way real-life lawyers influence the verdict is through giving their own interpretations of the evidence or through swaying emotions.
Ergo, if the game truly holds Jury Trials, there should be no need for an Inquisitive System.

However, AA gives a modified version of this, so I believe this new "Jurist System" will be a combination of the Inquisitive System and of the Jury System. Meaning, the game play would basically stay the same but without so much of a dire need for decisive evidence. In fact, circumstantial bases might suffice. Besides, it wouldn't be as fun. :)
.: Click on the pictures for links! :.

ImageImageImageImage
Re: Changing the face of Justice forever? (spoilers)Topic%20Title
User avatar

They took some honey, from a tree...

Gender: None specified

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Sun Jul 20, 2008 6:03 am

Posts: 172

I think it'll be along the lines of "Oh no! The Jury are just as difficult as the judge to convince!" route.


Bloodroot Godot wrote:
You know how many jokes they could fit in?

Jury duty, jury duty, blackmail, eviction notice, pink slip, jury duty, jury duty, jury duty!
Virtual cookies to whoever gets the reference!


Who could forget The Grinch?
Image
Re: Changing the face of Justice forever? (spoilers)Topic%20Title

Two more games coming up soon

Gender: Male

Location: Paris

Rank: Prosecutor

Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2008 2:45 pm

Posts: 929

As some others said, the jurist system doesn't make the game easier at all.
Basically, if:
- your client looks suspicious (which is often the case)
- there is solid (sometimes even decisive) evidence against him, that needs to be interpreted in a different, somewhat farfetched, way, to innocent him (pretty frequent as well)
- the real culprit doesn't look the part (think Dahlia, or Matt)
You will still need either decisive evidence or a confession to get a "not guilty" verdict.
Creator of Apollo Justice Case 5: Turnabout Substitution: Trailer - Download
Co-creator of New Year's Turnabout, Turnabout Revolution, and At Dawn's Break
Re: Changing the face of Justice forever? (spoilers)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Close enough...

Gender: Male

Location: A land of ignorance and fear.

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:30 pm

Posts: 14125

Ping' wrote:
As some others said, the jurist system doesn't make the game easier at all.
Basically, if:
- your client looks suspicious (which is often the case)
- there is solid (sometimes even decisive) evidence against him, that needs to be interpreted in a different, somewhat farfetched, way, to innocent him (pretty frequent as well)
- the real culprit doesn't look the part (think Dahlia, or Matt)
You will still need either decisive evidence or a confession to get a "not guilty" verdict.


I thought they didn't need need decisive evidence OR a confession, that was Kristoph's downfall right? Plus openly insulting the entire jury crew.
Made by Chesu+Zombee
Image

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.
Re: Changing the face of Justice forever? (spoilers)Topic%20Title

OBJECTION!

Gender: Male

Location: St. Albans, England, UK

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:18 am

Posts: 2594

Interesting about the jury system, I just heard an item on the news the other day in the UK about people being called up for jury duty etc, how difficult it is and how judges still have the rule of law, or something like that.
Nick and Maya - Friends and Lovers....
Re: Changing the face of Justice forever? (spoilers)Topic%20Title
User avatar

They took some honey, from a tree...

Gender: None specified

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Sun Jul 20, 2008 6:03 am

Posts: 172

In the UK, Juries are used in cases heard in the Crown Court. They decide the verdict, and the judge decides the sentence. The judge can point out and direct a facet of law to the jury, but they are not allowed to directly pressure, threaten or influence them. In civil cases (such as defamation), they can also decide the damages paid by the losing party.

I'm taking my Law Exam tommorow, so I have to know these things =D
Image
Re: Changing the face of Justice forever? (spoilers)Topic%20Title

i'll get an avvy later

Gender: Male

Location: blarg

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2009 1:46 am

Posts: 360

dude judges can also dismiss facts and evidence as he/she pleases

and the prosecution for something in the UK is called the Crown, since he represents the monarchy or state or province or england or queen or i don't care im canadian not british

and you remember when apollo, trucy and klavier looked at the player when they mentioned that the jury saw everything by camera to kristoph?
Spoiler: All AA games
the following people are EEEEEEEVIL:
karma, gant, morgan le fey, slashface aka engarde, penguin/atmey, black dahlia, and devil's hand (aka hirohiko aka figure it out yourself)
Page 1 of 1 [ 36 posts ] 
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  

 Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » The Hydeout (GS4)

Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum
Jump to:  
News News Site map Site map SitemapIndex SitemapIndex RSS Feed RSS Feed Channel list Channel list
Powered by phpBB

phpBB SEO