Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » The Hydeout (GS4)

Page 3 of 3[ 90 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Re: The Massive 4-3 Contradictions List *spoilers*Topic%20Title

Powers Fan

Machi might have been scratching serial numbers off of stuff. D : Hey, he was a smuggler-anything is possible.

And that Sherlock Holme's quote sounds nice, but is flawed in reality. You cannot simply reach one possible conclusion. It is much more common to find multiple possibilities, which would create a contrdiction, as there would be multiple "truths". Also, you speak of "eliminating the impossible", and the fact is, it was impossible for Machi to have committed. The gun not seriously injuring a boy his size and build after two shots can't just be dismissed as luck.
:agent-Smith: "You just wish you could talk in Webdings."

Come play Ghost Trick Mafia!

I AM AMI

TheSteelSamurai wrote:
You cannot simply reach one possible conclusion.

Nonsense - sometimes it comes down to which out of a number of possibilities is more likely, but sometimes, like here, there's only one answer that's physically possible.

Quote:
the fact is, it was impossible for Machi to have committed. The gun not seriously injuring a boy his size and build after two shots can't just be dismissed as luck.

Yes, it can. People have been known to survive, avoid injury, etc in situations where that was 'impossible' due to an unlikely - or even once-in-a-lifetime - confluence of factors. I, myself, survived, uninjured, after falling out of a car moving at highway speeds, when I was about 5 years old. Not even a bruise or a scrape. Highly improbable, but not physically impossible.

However, the crime, as they thought it had happened would have been under the following circumstances:

5 people backstage - Letouse, Machi, Lamiroir, Ema, and Apollo. Letouse is the victim, and there's no physical way he could have inflicted the wound he had on himself. Ema and Apollo are each other's alibi, as well as being in the hallway at the time of the crime, leaving the air vent the only possible escape rout. Lamiroir could not physically fit through the air vent.

Compare the highly unlikely - Machi not being injured by the gun - to the impossible - someone not backstage, or Lamiroir fitting through the airvent - and it's clear which possibility is the one that happened.

What allowed Machi to be eliminated as a suspect was proving the crime didn't happen under the circumstances they had thought it had.

Powers Fan

You really can't just reach one possibility. For example, Apollo and Ema are eachother's alibi, but they could have been lying and commited the crime together. Lamiroir or someone else could've hidden behind one of the couches and fled after Ema, which would have fit with the sound of a door closing that Apollo heard. There could have been a secret door in the room that no one knew about. There's tons of possibilities, and it's very hard to simply eliminate them. You'd end up with a lot of "Devil's Proof" situations.

nuuuuu, stoooooop

But those suggestions you just offered are even less likely than Machi shooting LeTouse. Apollo and Ema didn't even know the other was going to be there that night, how could they plan to commit the murder of someone they had never met before? There was no room behind those couches (not to mention a tall woman in 40lbs of robes) and a police investigation would have discovered any "secret doors" (though really, how many music venues have such things?).

I'm sure there are even more wild theories they could have gone with other than naming Machi the killer, but as bizarre as it seems, he made the most likely suspect at the time of the arrest.
ImageImage

Ooh, a real drumroll. Nice.

This all leads to one conclusion. Klavier is as deperate to get someone guilty as Payne is.
(Larry couldn't hurt a fly)

Keep your hand at the level of your eyes

Amen.
"Beginning today, treat everyone you meet as if they were going to be dead by midnight. Extend to them all the carekindness, and understanding you can muster, and do it with no thought of any reward." --Og Mandino

Bronze Samurai

To answer one contradiction that came up about why Lamiror waited until a certain cue to start through the vent.

I believe Valant mentioned that the actual switch somehow took place during the platform rising part. At least, that's how I interpreted it.
Image Julia...<3
Related to NaturallyLazy, fatalfeline, JadeRoach, and Game Over!

call me crazy

I'm pretty sure this has been posted before (and has no relevance to what is being discussed) but I don't feel like checking.

In the first place why couldn't the solution to doing the vanishing act have been Lamiroir remain singing on stage (until cue), then Valant appearing on the platform? Not reverse as it was. Then there wouldn't be these problems in the first place apparently.

Powers Fan

In regards to how LeTouse knew Lamiroir had witnessed the crime, someone on GameFAQS came up with an interesting theory:

In the JPN version, Lettuce mutters the witness is "megami", which means goddess, Lam's nickname. So Apollo calls her to the stand and such.

Klavier later suspects that Lettuce didn't finish his sentence before dying and was actually going to say "me ga mienai" which means "eyes cannot see" or blind.

What this means is that the witness Lettuce was talking about was Maki when he ran in before running up into the vent. Of course, Lettuce didn't know the blind one was Lam when talking to Apollo (why he didn't just say a name instead is just bad writing). He had no idea she was in the vent during the shooting.

I know there are some contradictions-LeTouse did know Machi could see, and as the person pointed out, why not just say his name? However, I think it's an interesting solution.

Humph.

Here's an obvious contradiction. How would Darian be able to escape if he would've been seen by Ema? She'd get suspicious of it (him walking out of Lamiroir's room) and wouldn't she also hear the gunshots because she was in backstage all of the time?

Too many contradictions.

If any CAPCOM employees are reading this, make a better job, dammit.
Ace Attorney MIDI rips!

Please visit my forum!

Engaged to P!ATD.
Bought an apartment at the Otaku.
Page 3 of 3 [ 90 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » The Hydeout (GS4)