Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » The Hydeout (GS4)

Page 2 of 2[ 62 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2

Re: Thoughts on Thalassa*SPOILERS*Topic%20Title

Powers Fan

Zak plotting with Magnifi to kill Thalassa, regardless of any locks, wouldn't make much sense.

Also, an interesting thing to note-at the end of the game, Lamiroir speaks of an accident, but one that took place ten years ago. This could be a typo, but what if it's not? Lamiroir regained her memory, but just what did she remember? Perhaps there are some dark secrets left still. And what about the Gramarye Miracle? Just what is the true nature of that, and what if it is somehow behind her accident?

What if the Miracle was stolen from the troupe that Thalassa's first husband was part of? I can't see her having been responsible, but it wouldn't be impossible. Perhaps Magnifi thought Apollo's dad was too close to figuring out what he was up to and killed him. The other troupe members also had some suspicions, and Thalassa came under fire. If we presume relations were bad between this troupe and Troupe Gramarye, then Thalassa leaving Apollo behind might make sense. Either she was afraid of how her father would treat the child or she wanted to spare him from that life.
:agent-Smith: "You just wish you could talk in Webdings."

Come play Ghost Trick Mafia!

TIN PIN SLAMMER TIME!

TheSteelSamurai wrote:
Zak plotting with Magnifi to kill Thalassa, regardless of any locks, wouldn't make much sense.

Why not?

TheSteelSamurai wrote:
Also, an interesting thing to note-at the end of the game, Lamiroir speaks of an accident, but one that took place ten years ago. This could be a typo, but what if it's not?

Trucy said she was five when her mum died. During the Mason system thingy.

TheSteelSamurai wrote:
If we presume relations were bad between this troupe and Troupe Gramarye, then Thalassa leaving Apollo behind might make sense. Either she was afraid of how her father would treat the child or she wanted to spare him from that life.

A Romeo and Juliet where Juliet remarries.
Image Image Image Image
Please don't let my dragons die.

Powers Fan

The reasons people have supplied just don't add up. Plus, there was no guarantee a plot wouldn't end in disaster.

Trucy was eight, wasn't she?O_o Wasn't it seven years before the game that her mother died?
:agent-Smith: "You just wish you could talk in Webdings."

Come play Ghost Trick Mafia!

TLDR Master

TheSteelSamurai wrote:
The reasons people have supplied just don't add up. Plus, there was no guarantee a plot wouldn't end in disaster.

Trucy was eight, wasn't she?O_o Wasn't it seven years before the game that her mother died?

Seven years from the game start was the State vs. Enigmar trial, that’s when Zak performed his vanishing act in court and left Trucy with Phoenix. Thalassa’s “accident” happened before that. 2015 according to the C-R timeline, so 10 years sounds about right.

TIN PIN SLAMMER TIME!

Odrom wrote:
TheSteelSamurai wrote:

Seven years from the game start was the State vs. Enigmar trial, that’s when Zak performed his vanishing act in court and left Trucy with Phoenix. Thalassa’s “accident” happened before that. 2015 according to the C-R timeline, so 10 years sounds about right.

What he said
Image Image Image Image

Badass attorney

TheSteelSamurai wrote:
The other troupe members also had some suspicions, and Thalassa came under fire.

Hmm. Perhaps Thalassa knew too much and someone wanted her out of the picture. Maybe her own father. Messed up... But not impossible.

Also, the thing about Magnifi's performing rights... That pink letter thing. Phoenix wants Trucy to open it when the time comes. Surely that may just mean she has to wait until she's 18 or something similar... But what if there's something else, another reason? Valant felt strongly enough about those rights to consider killing Magnifi and framing Zak, and he ended up doing the framing stuff since Magnifi killed himself (assuming that's true...).

Urgh, I want GS5 already.
All Ace Attorney series breakdowns in order of appearance.
WARNING: This includes Gyakuten Kenji towards the end of the video!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7x38Jxeyp-k

TIN PIN SLAMMER TIME!

General Luigi wrote:
Zak said he didn't shoot Thalassa, and no Psyche-locks appeared. Thus, he couldn't have knowingly and willingly shot her.

:objection: When Zak said that, he already had Psyche-locks over his heart. We all know that when people lie during an unlocking, nothing will happen.
Image Image Image Image

Experimental Hydroxyacelunodosetrase

thalassa was probably cheating on him with Valant, Zac wanted revenge and BAM!

:mina:

I rest my case

Carly. 19. Ravenclaw. Hell's Belle.

TIN PIN SLAMMER TIME!

We don't know enough about any of them enough. Thalassa and Lamiroir are two completely different people, personality wise.

Thalassa could have been the best mother in the world, or a complete bitch.

Valant, we know a little more about, but still, he could well have been acting the whole time. Like Matt, the magatama couldn't pick up that he was evil, just that he wasn't lying.

Not to mention Zak seems to be conflicting between good and bad. First, he is a jerk and leaves Trucy with Nick, then gives her the performance rights. Then, he accuses Nick of cheating, and is a sore loser, then bails Valant out. If you ask me, he acts like he has a good and bad side. Another Matt Enguarde who just happened not to do anything this time.
Image Image Image Image

Taking it, one step at a time.

Well, I for one, always thought that this accident was just what it was an accident.
It would make much more better sense to say that either Zak or Valant were stupid enough to put a real bullet in their guns(if they did, I really don't remember how that trick works, or if they mentioned if they used real bullets for that trick), fire away, and BANG! They get Thalassa right were it hurts....
Okay, what really doesnt make sense, as some poeple in this thread have pointed out, is why would Magnifi go through all that trouble to cover it up? If he was really involved with covering it up, as Zak or Valant, mentioned he was...(I do remember a part of the game when Valant, or maybe Zak, said that Magnifi tried to cover it up) One thing everyone has made a point to point out, is that Magnifi is just a jerk, and put the life of his daughter after the reputation of the troupe, but it could also mean that Thalassa appeared dead to them, and the last thing Magnifi wanted was his two pupils to go to jail for accidentilly killing his daughter...of course, considering how much of a jerk he was being with Zak and Valant after that accident, although considering what happened to his daughter, made him go all jerk mode...But, that's just me.
You were born on the same day as your birthday, right?

Experimental Hydroxyacelunodosetrase

all the gramaryes are screwed up. Thalassa was going through husbands, and she abandoned her son, Magnifi was having personal issues, Zac was.... a jerk. Valant only cared about his sorry ass.

Any one of them could've done it really.

Carly. 19. Ravenclaw. Hell's Belle.

It appears everyone became a jerk in AJ. :edgeworth:

Ugh. Lawyers.

Personally, I don't like her.

Spoiler: 4-4
Because if she was outta the picture then Apollo and Trucy wouldn't be so...related.

Uhm, well, thats me. Pretty poor excuse but I'll stick to it! xD
Courtroom Romance Afficianado || Talk to me about your fav rarepairs
Apollo Justice Deserves Better
Next Turnabout Boston meetup ---> n/a
Next Cons for 2016:
NYCC
AAC
Katsucon [??]
Anime Boston

In Justice We Trust

book__wyrm wrote:
When Zak said that, he already had Psyche-locks over his heart. We all know that when people lie during an unlocking, nothing will happen.

Strange... I could have sworn he said it after being unlocked. No matter. Okay, so it is possible that he knowingly and willingly shot Thalassa. However, that raises an important issue: Trucy. We've seen her ability, and it's clear that she's no fool. If Zak knowingly and willingly shot Thalassa, I'd think he'd give off a signal that Trucy would pick up on. He wouldn't be able to keep a secret like that from her. Yes, he disappeared from Trucy's life, but she had plenty of time before then to notice the twitch.
I'll always love you, Max.

Quote:
Strange... I could have sworn he said it after being unlocked. No matter. Okay, so it is possible that he knowingly and willingly shot Thalassa. However, that raises an important issue: Trucy. We've seen her ability, and it's clear that she's no fool. If Zak knowingly and willingly shot Thalassa, I'd think he'd give off a signal that Trucy would pick up on. He wouldn't be able to keep a secret like that from her. Yes, he disappeared from Trucy's life, but she had plenty of time before then to notice the twitch.

Well, it really could be possible that he disappeared primarly for that small reason, but then again, Zak could just be feeling guilty over the accident...or maybe he felt he was partially responisble and couldnt resolve to see his daughter face to face(concidering her ability and all), but, since we know little to nothing of their relationship outside of Phoenix's last trial, we really won't know.

TIN PIN SLAMMER TIME!

General Luigi wrote:
book__wyrm wrote:
When Zak said that, he already had Psyche-locks over his heart. We all know that when people lie during an unlocking, nothing will happen.

No, I'm pretty sure he said that before the second lock broke. and remember, Trucy didn't have a bracelet to tell her he was lying. And she loved her daaddy, and also, at the age of 8, she still thought her mommy had just disapeared. He had never told her she was dead.
Image Image Image Image

Quote:
No, I'm pretty sure he said that before the second lock broke. and remember, Trucy didn't have a bracelet to tell her he was lying. And she loved her daaddy, and also, at the age of 8, she still thought her mommy had just disapeared. He had never told her she was dead.

It could be that Trucy was not yet familiar with the concept of her power, and you have to remember that her mother disappeared when she was like, what? Five years old, or six? Also, saying to trucy that her mother just 'disappeared' could be rather true, as neither Zak nor Valant saw her after the accident, therefore, creating a sort of truth within the whole thing...I'm not too sure about this last thing, since I don't remember who said this in the game... :yogi:

And as for the lock thing, I do remember that Valant(from the past) mentioned the accident to Nick, before the latter told it to Zak, or something like that...because if I recall correctly, breaking the lock for Zak was for the identidy of Apollo, not about the accident or Trucy...but, of course, my memory fails since I can no longer play my AJ game.

TIN PIN SLAMMER TIME!

lonelywerewolf14 wrote:
Quote:

It could be that Trucy was not yet familiar with the concept of her power, and you have to remember that her mother disappeared when she was like, what? Five years old, or six? Also, saying to trucy that her mother just 'disappeared' could be rather true, as neither Zak nor Valant saw her after the accident, therefore, creating a sort of truth within the whole thing...I'm not too sure about this last thing, since I don't remember who said this in the game... :yogi:

And as for the lock thing, I do remember that Valant(from the past) mentioned the accident to Nick, before the latter told it to Zak, or something like that...because if I recall correctly, breaking the lock for Zak was for the identidy of Apollo, not about the accident or Trucy...but, of course, my memory fails since I can no longer play my AJ game.

No, I think Zak's locks were about the Gramarye secret.
Image Image Image Image

Badass attorney

Probably pointed out already, haven't read the whole thing, but Thalassa, as Lamiroir, was afraid of regaining her memories, as not knowing who she used to be had the risk of finding out she was a bad person. What if she really was a horrible person? What if her experience as Lamiroir made her change? Bah, I'm probably looking too much into it.
All Ace Attorney series breakdowns in order of appearance.
WARNING: This includes Gyakuten Kenji towards the end of the video!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7x38Jxeyp-k

Probably...probably not. It all depends on how the next GS game goes...if we dont get answers about this, which is a 50/50 chance of happening, we may never know...

Just a random passerby

I commented on this in another thread, but since this one is more to the point, I should post it here also.

I think there's a good possibility that Magnifi himself shot Thalassa. Since Magnifi knows all about the trick, he would know how to shoot her without anyone knowing. He could put a real bullet in of the other bullets without Zak or Valant knowing. Or he could've had another gun secretly crafted and shoot her during the trick. There's no doubt about it, Magnifi definitely had the means to do it. Motive... is a little harder to prove, seeing how Thalassa is his daughter. But Magnifi could have been angry about Thalassa leaving the Troupe. Also, he could've found out about Apollo, or Spark Brushel could've told him about Apollo, and got real angry at her about it and/or she didn't tell her own father about Apollo. Not to mention that she abandoned Apollo, maybe Magnifi didn't like it that she abandoned him. Plus, he could blame it on Zak and Valant and use it to force Zak and Valant to perform Magnifi's tricks. I know it's a stretch, but one that could've happened.

Keep in mind that this is only a theory. Zak or Valant had the means to do it too. Valant had a motive to do it too, though I'm not sure Zak had one. I guess he could have had one.

Quote:
I commented on this in another thread, but since this one is more to the point, I should post it here also.

I think there's a good possibility that Magnifi himself shot Thalassa. Since Magnifi knows all about the trick, he would know how to shoot her without anyone knowing. He could put a real bullet in of the other bullets without Zak or Valant knowing. Or he could've had another gun secretly crafted and shoot her during the trick. There's no doubt about it, Magnifi definitely had the means to do it. Motive... is a little harder to prove, seeing how Thalassa is his daughter. But Magnifi could have been angry about Thalassa leaving the Troupe. Also, he could've found out about Apollo, or Spark Brushel could've told him about Apollo, and got real angry at her about it and/or she didn't tell her own father about Apollo. Not to mention that she abandoned Apollo, maybe Magnifi didn't like it that she abandoned him. Plus, he could blame it on Zak and Valant and use it to force Zak and Valant to perform Magnifi's tricks. I know it's a stretch, but one that could've happened.

Keep in mind that this is only a theory. Zak or Valant had the means to do it too. Valant had a motive to do it too, though I'm not sure Zak had one. I guess he could have had one.

It could be true...although I have to wonder...didnt they use real bullets for their act, or something of that sort? (I keep on forgetting :yogi: ) Your theory, too, seems to hold water, but, its really hard to tell if Apollo really was abondoned or not, because, that too is sort of a theory around here too. That guy is just as full of secrets just as much as his own mother is.
Page 2 of 2 [ 62 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » The Hydeout (GS4)