Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » The Hydeout (GS4)

Page 2 of 6[ 227 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Re: First thought on hobo Phoenix?Topic%20Title

I didn't really care.

But after playing through Apollo Justice: I noticed that I liked the Hobo Phoenix more than I liked him as a lawyer.

I really felt bad when he got disbarred..... but I like his new personality.

It's as if he doesn't have a care in the world. Just carefree and lazy phoenix :)

I've finished A.A.I! I feel complete!

I was disappointed in Phoenix. I mean we leave him alone for 5 minutes and he goes and loses his profession. Typical. But apart from that I was shocked to see 'Papa' on his hat, and I loved how much smarter he looked. I was also suprised to see that as soon as he wasn't a lawyer any more, none of his old friends wanted anything to do with him. I mean Edgey, Larry, Maya! He's your Phoenix! Just because he can't cross examine you, doesn't mean you have to give him the cold shoulder...
Oh look. A sprite topic

Founder of Ichimonai

My initial thought was that I would hate him for not being the attorney I'm used to, but I liked what they did to him in the end. :shoe:

His humor improved a lot at least.

No Waaaay ~

First thought - 'Ohh...Thats a nice hat. Woah, woah, woah. He looks familiar....Oh holy objection its Phoenix Wright!!"

Word. For. Word.

Badass attorney

I just wondered what could have happen. Didn't feel disappointment or anything. I just knew there had to be a reason for it and was happy with playing the game until I found out. I'm already wishing that they release the next AJ game, it can only be more interesting.
All Ace Attorney series breakdowns in order of appearance.
WARNING: This includes Gyakuten Kenji towards the end of the video!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7x38Jxeyp-k

Chief Oldbagger

Here's my face when I found out, exactly.
D:
Credits to Nadindi for both the avvie and sig!

Two week break!

:)

Loving the Hat Mr. Wright. :P
I liked his hoboness.~
A bit sad what happened after GS3 though. What a bummer.~

What the Devil is going on here?

WHAT THE HECK DID THEY DO TO YOU? was my first thoughts exactly.
Then came.....
WHERE THE HECK IS MAYA?
then came....
WHERE THE HECK IS EDGEWORTH?
then came...
Hey you're not so bad after all!

But what i really want to know is....
Phoenix freaks out in the previous games when he gets something wrong
HE LOSES HIS BADGE and he is practically emotionless.
and i thought he seemed a bit up himself in his last case. :(
~

New~

Are you sure, it right after 3-5?
What year does AJ:AA starts anyway?

Oh, wasn't Phoenix gonna take a bar exam again, i'm pretty sure he will become a prosecutor to test Apollo's skills.

I just blue myself

When Phoenix was a hobo, I was really, you know, kinda like phoenix when he felt betrayed by egdey. He was around for four years then Mia lied and said that Phoenix has learnt all he needs.
I'm So Meta, Even This Acronym

But in all honesty, META humour sucks.

Turnabout LOLs

I don't really like the whole Hobo Phoenix thing.To me it felt a little out of character (Well for him at least.)
Yeah I'll admit he's kinda nicer.But I still don't like it.(Then again I didn't liked AJ/AA) I prefer Lawyer Nick more.He's more normal and flawed.

But I will admit this I felt bad for him when he lost his Attourney badge. :larry:

so far I like Hobo Phoenix. I havent gotten through the last case on AJ yet, but it sucks he got his badge taken away.

But I rather like him more as Hobo Phoenix than Lawyer Phoenix :hobohodo:
not saying I didnt like him as a lawyer, because I loved his as a lawyer. Just like him more as a Hobo now
~The Northern Wind~

If you don't know who is the Shmoo look

First I thought is was not so bad.When he tell Apollo that about the fake evidence I thought he was another person.

When I first saw him I was like "WTF did he do to himself?!"

But after a while I got used to it XD

Fanboy Hunter

I was pissed. Still don't like the new stuff with him.
Click pic below.

...like the scent of fresh lemon.

When I first heard about the disbarring I was like "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" but then i saw him and I was like "HOOOOOOT!!!!"

Because face it, hobo Feenie is sexy.

Yaoi Fan

Well, i played apollo justice(but i didn't finish the first turnabout) first to meet the sage of phoenix wright, so when i see hobo phoenix in the trial, i thought ''he did it. there's no dude!''.
Then, when i played phoenix wright...^^U

This is my Path, my Dream, my Choice

My reaction was "Who's that? That is a nice hoodie though" Then finding out that it was Phoenix as a hobo and I was like "damn you Capcom! That was cold"

**Special Thanks to Dekuran for the Awesome Siggy and Nadindi for the Cool Avatar!**

Deepest desires. Instant remorse.

I had accidentally played AJ before the 3 PWs (I went AJAA, PWAA, PWJFA, PWT&T), so I didn't have a good grip on who Phoenix was, so it didn't bother me. Now after playing the other games, I see the importance of him and am a bit disappointed of his lack of defense attorney badge. At least he was still in the game, hobo or not.

His personality still resembles who he used to be, and added some years of wisdom and experience, so his "hobo form" isn't completely horrible. He looks pretty laid-back now. :hobohodo:
Married to eliasswift.
Mother to KissTheNight, Ezio Auditore, and Dimbo.
Daughter of miles*reminisence and jaydrick0620.
Sister of Miyako Chinatsu and Slezak.
Thanks to Nadindi for my avatar!

I'd heard a bunch about the plot and the "hobo" nickname before I saw the art, and mostly went WTF at people calling him a hobo. He isn't, and I find that whole nickname bizarre. I also think it contributes to people not seeing the parts of him that haven't changed -- Apollo's POV influences perception a lot, but when we finally play as Phoenix AT game-age (in the latter MASON system sections) it still sounds like the same guy -- what he says out loud versus what he keeps to himself has changed a little, and he's grown up a bunch, but he really hasn't changed.

Then again, aside from the silly hat, I could totally wear his outfit to work and no-one would care -- I'm a programmer. I'm used to highly-paid professionals wearing t-shirts and threadbare jeans and sandals.

oh yeah.

First time I saw him, I was like :beef:
What the hell did you do to Phoenix, Capcom! He changed so much, not like the Phoenix I once knew and loved.
But then, he kinda grew on me.
And he's HOT.
Like, fucking HOT.

(Especially when he laughs. *melts*)

.•°٭blinq٭°•. made my awesomely awesome sig and avatar.

Mission Accomplished

I remember seeing a picture of him and thinking "who is this guy?" and when I found out it was Phoenix I thought "No way..." but after a while I got used to it.

Ich liebe dich, baby~

valentinite wrote:
I also think it contributes to people not seeing the parts of him that haven't changed -- Apollo's POV influences perception a lot, but when we finally play as Phoenix AT game-age (in the latter MASON system sections) it still sounds like the same guy -- what he says out loud versus what he keeps to himself has changed a little, and he's grown up a bunch, but he really hasn't changed.

Amen. He's still good ol' Nick, just that he's more careful with what he says out loud this time around. That's the impression I got when playing the flashback case.

But my initial reaction to him though, when I found out that he was Phoenix, I fangasm'd. I always find it delightful to see characters from old games appearing in newer ones. Made me wonder how he ended up seeing how he was dressed and all, but I wasn't too upset. Seven years is a lot of time and people change.

That and he's so damn sexy in his hobo gear. <3

/人◕‿‿◕人\

I was not happy. Personality death. I mean, Hobohodo is very cool as his own character, but when we learn he's Phoenix? NO.
During the first three games, we WERE Phoenix. And then in GS4 we're shunted into Apollo's POV *I don't care for it* to find Phoenix is...not Phoenix anymore. I died that day T_T
And LawyerNick did have a personality. He was developed and developed so that 3-5 Nick, while still sarcastic and easygoing like 1-4 Nick, had grown as a character, and also in terms of his relationships. (Hell, even the JUDGE got character development!) But then, 2 months later, he turns up to work WITHOUT MAYA (which is contradictory to the facts, no matter what you ship, to quote Icer) and doesn't mention her or Edgeworth at all. In fact, it's like no one from GS2 and GS3 even existed - only characters from 1-5 were referenced. Nick was extraordinarily OOC, to the extent that he presents obviously forged evidence and loses his badge. And Maya and Edgeworth, the people who would stick by him in that sort of situation no matter what, are nowhere to be seen! And he's not Phoenix anymore! Argh. I couldn't believe Turnabout Trump. I was not happy. D:

...Apollo Justice ruined everything. Even though Hobohodo is extremely good looking. Not that LawyerNick wasn't.
~Fanfiction~
"No. Men should die for lies. But the truth is too precious to die for."
-Terry Pratchett, Small Gods

the Index finger of Fate

I wasn't ready to encounter the Phoenix in AJ, at least not in the first trial, so my first thought was like 'WTF?' :will:

LawyerPhoenix/HoboPhoenix were two quite different persons tho.

But it was fun to see him Object :phoenix:

Pity we don't know what happened to his friends :edgeworth:
Oh, I was caring about his Magatama too, and delighted using it in MASON :odoroki:
Image Image

I am known as Drammy, IAmNotShinta...

Hikari wrote:
But then, 2 months later, he turns up to work WITHOUT MAYA (which is contradictory to the facts, no matter what you ship, to quote Icer) and doesn't mention her or Edgeworth at all. In fact, it's like no one from GS2 and GS3 even existed - only characters from 1-5 were referenced.

No no no no no no NO.

I'm pretty sure I've said this argument before. Maya and Phoenix aren't conjoined twins, they can be seperated. Maybe Maya was out eating and didn't want Phoenix to come so he took a case or something. Maybe Edgeworth just wasn't prosecuting the case. Maybe Edgeworth went back to wherever he was. Maybe Maya and Phoenix they had an argument between 3-5 and 4-4.5. Maybe Maya changed her mind and wanted to train etc. etc. None of these are confirmed, but they make sense, and it's very likely one of them happened.

EDIT: Thinking about it, it wouldn't hurt to put Maya in the case, even if she did just comment on how cute Trucy is or something like that and that's it. What the hell, Capcom?

Do you reference everyone in your past life to everyone in your current life? No. Maybe Capcom should have put in more references to make the fans happy, but it still makes sense for them not to. Phoenix could be in contact with all the main cast of GS1-3, maybe so Capcom can be weak and give in to the fans.

Hikari wrote:
...Apollo Justice ruined everything.

It CHANGED everything. Difference.

...Ah, I haven't been in an argument like that in a while. I hate myself for being so negative.
What

the Index finger of Fate

I think Edgeworth was probably studying foreign judical systems, like it was said in 2-4(I think?) And Maya is a Kurain Master now, sho she is all busy.
Still pity noone of these showed up.
I still wonder about Iris.. but that's rather a pairing debate ^^ and other characters...
Image Image

I'm wearing blue socks.

MF1993 wrote:
what were your first thoughts?

Awesome. :D
Cosgrove wrote:
You know, I like jousting so much I wish I could marry it.

Super High-School Level Galaxy Defender

I played AJ before the whole PW:AA series, so my first though was something like 'COOL! Phoenix is my client! :gant-jazz: '

But hey, I don't know why people hate him so much. I mean, he looks smarter, cooler and mature... C'mon, he's already 33! You can't expect him to be the same Phoenix from T&T after such a long period of time, even if he hadn't lost his badge... He's a total badass during the flashback case from 4-4. Hobo Phoenix is made of pure win :D

Sworn to battle 'til Gourdzilla falls.

I initially was pleased with his new...confidence, I suppose? And then soon after I was wailing about pouting that Phoenix had become a bum... but hey, Phoenix is hiding somewhere in that guy. And it was EPIC seeing his entire plan, and how it unfolded. Hoping to see him moar... Phoenix-y soon. Hobohodo'll do for now, though.

Gettin' Old!

I thought "WHAAAAAAAAAAAA?!" then I realised how cool he'd become.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Phoenix Right... wait what?

This is my exaxt thought i had when i found out it was Nick...

lolwut?

Oh boy oh boy oh boy!

Um, when I first saw him I had no idea he was phoenix...

I actually thought he was the son of :yogi: ....
Life's a Happy Song when there's someone by your side to sing along!

私のホバークラフトは鰻でいっぱいです

I like how EVERY girl here replied "hot." (not that I'm complaining, he's smoking)

Uh, when I played the AJ demo... I didn't know it was him EVEN AFTER it said Mr. Wright. Someone needed to say "Phoenix Wright" before I finally got it. I didn't understand that he was "disbarred" for some reason. What I understood was that he "left the judicial system" or retired or something and I was thinking "ok, man, what the hell? You LOVE law." When I found out he was disbarred, I felt a little sorry I guess. I didn't feel too affected I guess, but man, I felt so happy or fluffy whenever he did something "lawyerly." Like object in 4-1, or EVERYTHING in 4-4. So awesome! ♥
Thank you ILoveMaxGalactica* for the signature~

wait WHAT?

my thought process

hmm he looks familure

Wright? huh wounder if it's his brother

wait what Phoenix??? why doese your hat say PaPa and why do you have Ema's old smiley face button on it?

OMG he has a doughter!!!

that was a bought it for case one lol

Wrighting wrongs since 2009.

Sad. Just all, "Phoenix?! What the hell did they DO to you?"

I'd spoilered myself a little, and I'd started playing AJ before finishing T&T (my kids left my copy of T&T at my mother's house, and I was without T&T for a week, so I started AJ... naughty me.)

I've got to say, too, I really thought I'd dislike AJ. Initially, I felt like they'd just blown the 'verse apart for no good reason and tried to cutesy it up a lot, but not too far into the game, I came to love it. And same with Phoenix. (I think Capcom more than exceeded my expectations here, and they had a hard task ahead of them given what they did...)

I think cynical!Nick is understandable; there's still a slightly bright-eyed quirky Nick there, but at the end of the day, he's been royally screwed over. But he's being typical Nick, just keeping on keeping on, and he's still got enough good in him to help out other people (even if he is a bit more guarded) and he's still sharp enough to pull off say, Turnabout Trump.

My one big gripe is the lack of Edgeworth, and the lack of explanation about where he's gone. Given the fact that he was absent at the start of PW2, and it was heavily suggested that he'd gone and killed himself, I felt it was unsatisfactory-- and distracting-- of Capcom to not at least attempt to explain his absence. The other characters who disappeared-- say, Gumshoe-- I wasn't overly "Where are they?!" about (hey, I miss them, but it's fair to assume that they've gone on to live their lives and do whatever they have to) because unlike Edgeworth, there was no compelling reason to believe that they'd potentially offed themselves. Whereas with Edgeworth, canon has shown us that he's got some serious issues, and suicidal tendencies.

Narumitsu > All

My first thought?

Oh. My. Fucking God.

W-why...does he have a beard...and is so...lazy...and...D:<
I loved Phoenix from the first three games. After that, it all died for me. >_< He's so...douche-y now! D:

And, when I saw he had a daughter, I was like, "O_O DON'T BE BLOOD RELATED". (because that would rule out my Naru/Mitsu theory in Apollo Justice time. :gant:

wilddrawfour.tumblr.com

Yeah i had a good cry when i found out.

What really sucked was the judge.
here's the part of the game that made me think the judge sucked:

Judge: Do you have any explanation for this, mr. wright?
Nick:If i did would the court hear it?
Judge: Probably not.

See?!

HERE COME DAT SPIRIT MEDIUM!

Super High-School Level Galaxy Defender

jaydrick0620 wrote:
Yeah i had a good cry when i found out.

What really sucked was the judge.
here's the part of the game that made me think the judge sucked:

Judge: Do you have any explanation for this, mr. wright?
Nick:If i did would the court hear it?
Judge: Probably not.

See?!

Yeah, I thought the same. I mean, why ask, then?! It was the first time that I shot a dirty look at the Judge. And I mean it, because I kinda find his cluelessness funny.

Kristoph~!

My first Thought:
D= Oh noez!

My second thought:
They could at least give him cuter expressions

My third thought:
He could really use a shave

Thanks Purple Angel =D
Page 2 of 6 [ 227 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » The Hydeout (GS4)