Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » The Hydeout (GS4)

Page 1 of 1[ 4 posts ]

Query Concerning Music of GS4Topic%20Title

aka Ami <3

I've not really ventured outside of the Present Evidence section, so please excuse me if this is in the wrong place, or has been brought up hundreds of times beforehand.

I've been listening to the soundtrack, and it's beginning to sound rather...familiar. I do know about Klavier's guitar riff being a complete C&P of Mega Man music, but something else caught my ear, and triggered a memory:

Trucy's theme. I could have sworn I've heard it during Mega Man 8. If not there, somewhere...it just sounds so familiar, it nags at me. :yuusaku:
Re: Query Concerning Music of GS4Topic%20Title

TLDR Master

Well, they’re both Capcom games, and if you compare the credits most of the composers for AJ also worked on a Megaman series. For example: Toshihiko Horiyama, who is credited with a lot of the tracks, is listed as the composer for Megaman X and X4. To me, the Cornered theme sounds like it belongs on a Megaman X level. Can’t say if Trucy’s theme is a direct rip from a Megaman track but chances are a lot of it was “inspired” by one.

aka Ami <3

Odrom wrote:
Well, they’re both Capcom games, and if you compare the credits most of the composers for AJ also worked on a Megaman series. For example: Toshihiko Horiyama, who is credited with a lot of the tracks, is listed as the composer for Megaman X and X4. To me, the Cornered theme sounds like it belongs on a Megaman X level. Can’t say if Trucy’s theme is a direct rip from a Megaman track but chances are a lot of it was “inspired” by one.

*Nods* That's why I'm asking. ^__^

I do think I'll be going back through my Mega Man Collection game and replaying to see if they are similar. At the very least, it is "inspired", as you say.

I've always taken an interest in the music of video games. I do feel that it's a highly underrated part of creating a game, and that all the truly great games had an awesome soundtrack. Legend of Mana, Legend of Legaia, Ace Attorney, Star Ocean: The Second Story, many Final Fantasy games, Mega Man series (My favs are the Legends Series), the list goes on.

ALL GLORY TO... SOMETHING

genodragon1 wrote:
I've always taken an interest in the music of video games. I do feel that it's a highly underrated part of creating a game, and that all the truly great games had an awesome soundtrack. Legend of Mana, Legend of Legaia, Ace Attorney, Star Ocean: The Second Story, many Final Fantasy games, Mega Man series (My favs are the Legends Series), the list goes on. [/color]

...Super Smash Bros. Brawl. :yuusaku:
They went all-out on that soundtrack.
Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » The Hydeout (GS4)