Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » The Hydeout (GS4)

Page 4 of 21[ 834 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 21  Next
 


Re: GS4 Contradictions (Spoilers, almost every case)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Female

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2007 5:48 am

Posts: 593

Gwiffen wrote:
Spoiler: 4-4
In the initial examination of the coffee cup, Ema says that the murder laced the mug's rim with atroquinine. However, in reality, the poison came directly from Drew's lips - hence the lip shaped residue on the mug. Question is, why would Ema believe that the poison was applied to the rim and not from Drew's lips? If she'd sprayed the cup's entire rim, she would have seen that only the lip print was showing up poisoned since Drew only took one sip. Didn't she say she'd sprayed absolutely everything suspicious in the room (save the frame)? She would've even sprayed the coffee since she knew the poison didn't originate from it. True, the supposed murderer could've only rubbed the poison into that one spot and hoped Drew would drink from that one location, but it seems much more likely that they'd at least poison a wide swathe rather than one lip-shaped portion.

I never got any comments on this, so I invite you to pick apart my conjecture before I send it in. :odoroki:
Image
Re: GS4 Contradictions (Spoilers, almost every case)Topic%20Title

Gender: None specified

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Sat Mar 01, 2008 8:44 am

Posts: 7

Gwiffen wrote:
Gwiffen wrote:
Spoiler: 4-4
In the initial examination of the coffee cup, Ema says that the murder laced the mug's rim with atroquinine. However, in reality, the poison came directly from Drew's lips - hence the lip shaped residue on the mug. Question is, why would Ema believe that the poison was applied to the rim and not from Drew's lips? If she'd sprayed the cup's entire rim, she would have seen that only the lip print was showing up poisoned since Drew only took one sip. Didn't she say she'd sprayed absolutely everything suspicious in the room (save the frame)? She would've even sprayed the coffee since she knew the poison didn't originate from it. True, the supposed murderer could've only rubbed the poison into that one spot and hoped Drew would drink from that one location, but it seems much more likely that they'd at least poison a wide swathe rather than one lip-shaped portion.

I never got any comments on this, so I invite you to pick apart my conjecture before I send it in. :odoroki:


Spoiler: 4-4
To add to this, if the rim of the mug was laced with poison, Drew's lips would have erased the poisoned part. The fact that a lip-mark actually existed should have been an obvious indication that the poison was somewhere else in the first place. Chalk it up to Ema's overeagerness in filing her "scientific" report, I guess.

That said, I have severe doubt she would "spray" the coffee to prove that it's not poisoned. Even in the AA universe, chemistry does not work that way :ema-shock: Hey, all those test tubes she carries around have to be used at one point..
Re: GS4 Contradictions (Spoilers, almost every case)Topic%20Title

Gender: None specified

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Sat Mar 01, 2008 8:59 am

Posts: 1

Spoiler:
There's a reason why Ema failed out at being a forensic scientist. That's my best reason for the above. =D
Re: GS4 Contradictions (Spoilers, almost every case)Topic%20Title

Gender: None specified

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Sat Jan 26, 2008 7:33 pm

Posts: 9

Hmm, I'm not too sure if this has been covered yet, but I think I've found a potential contradiction;

Spoiler: Apollo Justice - Case 3
When Romein LeTouse was dying, he clearly stated that Lamiroir was a witness. Apollo then said that Romein saw her through the closed window in the dressing room when he was shot. But, it was then revealed that Lamiroir wasn't by the window, but actually in the ventilation shaft.


Any ideas? :yuusaku:
Re: GS4 Contradictions (Spoilers, almost every case)Topic%20Title

Gender: None specified

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Sat Mar 01, 2008 8:44 am

Posts: 7

cal wrote:
Hmm, I'm not too sure if this has been covered yet, but I think I've found a potential contradiction;

Spoiler: Apollo Justice - Case 3
When Romein LeTouse was dying, he clearly stated that Lamiroir was a witness. Apollo then said that Romein saw her through the closed window in the dressing room when he was shot. But, it was then revealed that Lamiroir wasn't by the window, but actually in the ventilation shaft.


Any ideas? :yuusaku:


Spoiler: 4-3
It has been covered, and there are a few possibilities. He may, being the manager, know the teleporting trick that's being used (and thus know that Lamiroir was in the vents), he was wearing the earpiece and may have heard her singing falter at the time of shooting, he may have saw the brooch fell down the vent. Small odds, but not impossible.

The real contradiction is still how nobody bats an eye at small boy Machi's supposed carrying of the huge LeTouse to the stage..
Re: GS4 Contradictions (Spoilers, almost every case)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Female

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2007 5:48 am

Posts: 593

Haha, not using spoiler tags!

4-1
In previous games, it's stated that photographic equipment is not allowed in court. Cody, for example, would only testify if Edgeworth made an exception for him to bring his camera. Courts in real life do not allow photographic equipment in during a case either. Why then, is Olga Orly allowed to bring her camera, take pictures, and try to sell them?

Possible explanation: The ban on cameras was maybe removed in those nine years, but that's kind of sketchy.
Image
Re: GS4 Contradictions (Spoilers, almost every case)Topic%20Title

Gender: None specified

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:31 pm

Posts: 37

Yeah, Lotta in GS1 is permitted her camera too...
Re: GS4 Contradictions (Spoilers, almost every case)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Do your best, Nick. Hee... hee... hee...

Gender: Male

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2007 8:33 pm

Posts: 219

Clearly, the exception made for Cody got written into their by-laws, and became the precedent for the later situations :p
Image
Re: GS4 Contradictions (Spoilers, almost every case)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: None specified

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2007 4:23 pm

Posts: 2155

I haven't played case 4-3 to the end yet, thus I haven't read all the replies to this thread. Anyways, I found a contradiction in that case.
Spoiler: 4-3
In the first trial, just after the first cross-examination of Ema, Apollo is asked for evidence (or a witness) that would contradict Klavier's claims. The gun found at the scene of the crime (which is considered as the murder weapon) bears no fingerprints (Machi's fingerprints were found in the air vent crate) and it is said to be "dislocate the shooter's shoulder if the shooter is not used to that gun", which pretty much eliminates the possibility of Machi being the killer (he's only 14, for crying out loud!). However, you can't present the gun as evidence and if you try to do that, both the Judge and Klavier say that doesn't prove anything, although it clearly turns the whole case around and should make Machi innocent.


Sorry if this has already been mentioned.
Re: GS4 Contradictions (Spoilers, almost every case)Topic%20Title

Gender: None specified

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Sat Mar 01, 2008 8:44 am

Posts: 7

Gwiffen wrote:
Haha, not using spoiler tags!

4-1
In previous games, it's stated that photographic equipment is not allowed in court. Cody, for example, would only testify if Edgeworth made an exception for him to bring his camera. Courts in real life do not allow photographic equipment in during a case either. Why then, is Olga Orly allowed to bring her camera, take pictures, and try to sell them?

Possible explanation: The ban on cameras was maybe removed in those nine years, but that's kind of sketchy.



Honestly, after prosecutors started bringing :whip:s and coffee dispensers into the courtroom, and a certain :igarashi: threw birdseed at everyone, a camera seems perfectly acceptable in comparison.
Re: GS4 Contradictions (Spoilers, almost every case)Topic%20Title
User avatar

I loves a good steak

Gender: None specified

Rank: Desk Jockey

Joined: Sat Dec 15, 2007 8:02 pm

Posts: 54

I have two, but I haven't checked to see if somebody mentioned them yet.

Spoiler: 4-2
In the "kidnapping" screenshot, the "kidnapper" is clearly holding the knife with his right arm. But MR. HAT DOESN'T HAVE A RIGHT ARM. You can see this in the "Mr. Hat popping out" animation.


Spoiler: 4-4
In Kristoph's crazy animation, his hair is messed up, his tie/ribbon is out of his shirt, and he has no glasses. The exact opposite is true for the laughing animation.

We're gonna rock this town,
Rock it inside out. :rock'n:
We're gonna rock this town,
Make 'em scream & shout. :rock'n:
Re: GS4 Contradictions (Spoilers, almost every case)Topic%20Title
User avatar

call me crazy

Gender: Female

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Sun Dec 23, 2007 7:25 pm

Posts: 1152

Not much of importance but a random screw-up in localization.

Spoiler: 4-2
The whole "Mr. Wright and his assistant always used to go to this noodle stand" thing... We all know this is a common thing in the Japanese version but... We also know for us English-players that Maya and Nick's usual place is the unnamed burger joint, so this doesn't make much sense.

Image
Re: GS4 Contradictions (Spoilers, almost every case)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Writer Awakened need Klavi avatar BADLY!

Gender: Male

Location: In a place where Klavilami, Klavilana, and Sassyhobo run free and Klavier slowdances with Iris

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Sat Jan 26, 2008 1:59 am

Posts: 1520

Watatata~! wrote:
Not much of importance but a random screw-up in localization.

Spoiler: 4-2
The whole "Mr. Wright and his assistant always used to go to this noodle stand" thing... We all know this is a common thing in the Japanese version but... We also know for us English-players that Maya and Nick's usual place is the unnamed burger joint, so this doesn't make much sense.


Hey, it's possible Nick and Maya liked to get a bowl of noodles every once and a while. They could have tried Eldoon's limited-time only "NoodleBurger" before it was discontinued 'cause nobody but Maya ate it :-P

The big question is why the hell anyone would be running a noodle stand in downtown L.A. XD
Re: GS4 Contradictions (Spoilers, almost every case)Topic%20Title
User avatar

call me crazy

Gender: Female

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Sun Dec 23, 2007 7:25 pm

Posts: 1152

Haha, good point. Maybe some high-demands of more Asian marketing in California or something by then.

Well the thing is, the comment came off as a regular notion of "they did it all the time". (oh gawd, found out Noodleburgers are real)
Image
Re: GS4 Contradictions (Spoilers, almost every case)Topic%20Title

Gender: Male

Location: Manitoba

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 7:07 am

Posts: 182

Spoiler: Case 4-2
I know this was mentioned slightly in the first post, but I'll just add a bit more to it. Wocky didn't know that Alita shot Meraktis until Apollo proved it, right? Well, with that in mind.. First of all, in order to shoot Meraktis without making a bullet hole in the noodle cart, Alita would have to lift up the (at least it looks like a) tarp behind Meraktis' head while he was pulling the cart, and then shoot him. There is no hole in the Noodle Cart, how could Alita aim at Meraktis' head without seeing it, or shoot him without making a bullet hole and not lifting the tarp? If she lifted the tarp, however, then Wesley Stickler and Wocky would both have most likely seen her, or at least the tarp behind Meraktis lifting up and a flare coming from inside the cart.

Also, once again there were no holes in the Noodle Cart, and from Wocky's position, as described by Wesley, it would be impossible for Wocky to shoot Meraktis in the head without causing a lot of blood to hit the cart and making a hole in it. And if Alita shot Meraktis from the cart, blood would probably have went to the direction opposite the cart, hitting the grass/pavement. That would make it easy to determine that the bullet came from opposite of Wocky.


What do you think?
Re: GS4 Contradictions (Spoilers, almost every case)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Female

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2007 5:48 am

Posts: 593

AgostonF wrote:
Spoiler: Case 4-2
I know this was mentioned slightly in the first post, but I'll just add a bit more to it. Wocky didn't know that Alita shot Meraktis until Apollo proved it, right? Well, with that in mind.. First of all, in order to shoot Meraktis without making a bullet hole in the noodle cart, Alita would have to lift up the (at least it looks like a) tarp behind Meraktis' head while he was pulling the cart, and then shoot him. There is no hole in the Noodle Cart, how could Alita aim at Meraktis' head without seeing it, or shoot him without making a bullet hole and not lifting the tarp? If she lifted the tarp, however, then Wesley Stickler and Wocky would both have most likely seen her, or at least the tarp behind Meraktis lifting up and a flare coming from inside the cart.

Also, once again there were no holes in the Noodle Cart, and from Wocky's position, as described by Wesley, it would be impossible for Wocky to shoot Meraktis in the head without causing a lot of blood to hit the cart and making a hole in it. And if Alita shot Meraktis from the cart, blood would probably have went to the direction opposite the cart, hitting the grass/pavement. That would make it easy to determine that the bullet came from opposite of Wocky.


What do you think?

Sound fairly solid. I'll point out that in addition to it being dark, Wocky was also looking at Stickler when Alita fired, so it's possible he may have missed the bullet's direction. When you question him, he can't seem to remember much about what happened anyways or whether or not he fired at all (or if he even had a gun at all...). The noodle stand probably blocked Stickler's view of the flare. Interesting point though.

About the blood, wasn't it raining? (Or at least very soggy?) That probably messed up the blood splatter so they couldn't tell what direction it flew.
Image
Re: GS4 Contradictions (Spoilers, almost every case)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Male

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2008 12:37 am

Posts: 31

Nego wrote:
I haven't played case 4-3 to the end yet, thus I haven't read all the replies to this thread. Anyways, I found a contradiction in that case.
Spoiler: 4-3
In the first trial, just after the first cross-examination of Ema, Apollo is asked for evidence (or a witness) that would contradict Klavier's claims. The gun found at the scene of the crime (which is considered as the murder weapon) bears no fingerprints (Machi's fingerprints were found in the air vent crate) and it is said to be "dislocate the shooter's shoulder if the shooter is not used to that gun", which pretty much eliminates the possibility of Machi being the killer (he's only 14, for crying out loud!). However, you can't present the gun as evidence and if you try to do that, both the Judge and Klavier say that doesn't prove anything, although it clearly turns the whole case around and should make Machi innocent.


Sorry if this has already been mentioned.


Spoiler: 4-3
I also have a bone to pick with this case. Let's ASSUME that Machi lifted the revolver off of LeTouse, and even managed to fire off two shots without ripping his shoulder off, the bullet trajectory still doesn't match up. Let's look at the crime scene.
Image
There are no blood trails, indicating that after LeTouse fell and stayed where he was shot. This means that he was almost against the wall, with only the killer between the two. Next, lets look at their drastic height differences.
Image
In order to get off a shoulder shot, Machi would of had to angle his gun upwards. This means that the bullet holes shouldn't be on the wall, but on the ceiling.
Re: GS4 Contradictions (Spoilers, almost every case)Topic%20Title

Gender: None specified

Rank: Desk Jockey

Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2007 5:18 pm

Posts: 95

Spoiler: 4-2, 2-4
Whether the "kid" is Maya or Pearl, why are they sending Phoenix Nickel Samurai DVDs? I'm sure Maya and Pearl (who I'm sure Maya told about 2-4) are as willing to let Matt Engarde have his residuals as Phoenix is actually watch anything with Engarde in it.

Blacker than a moonless night,
hotter and more bitter than
Hell itself... That is coffee.
Re: GS4 Contradictions (Spoilers, almost every case)Topic%20Title
User avatar

ZOOOOOOOM! BOING!

Gender: Male

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:14 pm

Posts: 415

CrawdKenny wrote:
Spoiler: 4-2, 2-4
Whether the "kid" is Maya or Pearl, why are they sending Phoenix Nickel Samurai DVDs? I'm sure Maya and Pearl (who I'm sure Maya told about 2-4) are as willing to let Matt Engarde have his residuals as Phoenix is actually watch anything with Engarde in it.



Spoiler: 4-2, 2-4
How would you know if the DVDs had Matt Engarde in them?

They never said the Nickel Samurai got canceled prior to Matt's verdict, but they could've hired another actor to finish the show

Image


Thanks Sabreae
Re: GS4 Contradictions (Spoilers, almost every case)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Female

Rank: Desk Jockey

Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2007 1:01 pm

Posts: 57

Hey folks, I'm sorry to bother you if this has already been answered somewhere, but I just finished my game today and have this burning question on my mind...

Why did Zak / Shadi Smith feel the need to drag down Phoenix and ruin his reputation in that little poker game at 4-1?! They seemed to be on good terms in 4-4, especially with Phoenix taking care of Trucy for the guy. Why the hell would he want to put his own daughter's life down the drain and make Phoenix's life even harder, by taking away his income!?
Re: GS4 Contradictions (Spoilers, almost every case)Topic%20Title

Gender: Male

Location: England

Rank: Prosecutor

Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2008 7:03 pm

Posts: 931

Spoiler: Spoiler 4-3
When you look at Lamiroir's profile, it says that she's 40 years old. She has amnesia. How can she possibly know how old she is?
Re: GS4 Contradictions (Spoilers, almost every case)Topic%20Title

Gender: Male

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Fri Oct 12, 2007 10:43 pm

Posts: 18

sarahofcroydon wrote:
Hey folks, I'm sorry to bother you if this has already been answered somewhere, but I just finished my game today and have this burning question on my mind...

Why did Zak / Shadi Smith feel the need to drag down Phoenix and ruin his reputation in that little poker game at 4-1?! They seemed to be on good terms in 4-4, especially with Phoenix taking care of Trucy for the guy. Why the hell would he want to put his own daughter's life down the drain and make Phoenix's life even harder, by taking away his income!?

Spoiler:
Maybe that is because he will be 'dead' in a few days and he wants to bring Phoenix down with him. But that still doesn't clear it up.
That case is mad, I didn't even get why Gavin swapped the Ace in the first place when Smith was dead.

Image
Re: GS4 Contradictions (Spoilers, almost every case)Topic%20Title

Excellent

Gender: Female

Location: UK

Rank: Desk Jockey

Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2008 2:49 am

Posts: 75

sarahofcroydon wrote:
Hey folks, I'm sorry to bother you if this has already been answered somewhere, but I just finished my game today and have this burning question on my mind...

Why did Shadi Smith feel the need to drag down Phoenix and ruin his reputation in that little poker game at 4-1?!!?


Spoiler: Case4-4
Phoenix beat him at poker before the trial. Shadi says his the second person to beat him, besides his mentor, and while he could probably let that slip his pride may not take Phoenix's victory.

Also, remember, did he know about Phoenix using Trucy? He was possibly mad about his daughter being used that way despite Phoenix's care for her.

Image
Re: GS4 Contradictions (Spoilers, almost every case)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: None specified

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2007 4:23 pm

Posts: 2155

sarahofcroydon wrote:
---

Thanks for the spoiler. -_-" Please use spoiler tags.
Re: GS4 Contradictions (Spoilers, almost every case)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Do your best, Nick. Hee... hee... hee...

Gender: Male

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2007 8:33 pm

Posts: 219

Salutation Here wrote:
Spoiler: Spoiler 4-3
When you look at Lamiroir's profile, it says that she's 40 years old. She has amnesia. How can she possibly know how old she is?


Spoiler:
Carbon dating.

But seriously, it's probably just an estimate.

Image
Re: GS4 Contradictions (Spoilers, almost every case)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Female

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2007 5:48 am

Posts: 593

Nego wrote:
sarahofcroydon wrote:
---

Thanks for the spoiler. -_-" Please use spoiler tags.

...The thread title is clearly marked for spoilers. In fact, it's rather pointless that we keep using spoiler tags since it's already marked in the title.
Image
Re: GS4 Contradictions (Spoilers, almost every case)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: None specified

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2007 4:23 pm

Posts: 2155

Gwiffen wrote:
Nego wrote:
sarahofcroydon wrote:
---

Thanks for the spoiler. -_-" Please use spoiler tags.

...The thread title is clearly marked for spoilers. In fact, it's rather pointless that we keep using spoiler tags since it's already marked in the title.

No, not really. If you find a contradiction in, say case 4-1 and want to tell others about it BEFORE you have finished the whole game, coming to this thread if spoiler tags weren't used would be like a suicide. People find contradictions even though they haven't completed the game. That's why we should use spoiler tags in this thread no matter if the thread title says "spoilers".
Re: GS4 Contradictions (Spoilers, almost every case)Topic%20Title
User avatar

nuuuuu, stoooooop

Gender: Female

Location: America

Rank: Admin

Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 5:16 am

Posts: 5255

Nego wrote:
No, not really. If you find a contradiction in, say case 4-1 and want to tell others about it BEFORE you have finished the whole game, coming to this thread if spoiler tags weren't used would be like a suicide. People find contradictions even though they haven't completed the game. That's why we should use spoiler tags in this thread no matter if the thread title says "spoilers".


This thread has spoilers. This entire board has spoilers. They are all tagged as having spoilers in them.

If you haven't finished the game, stay out of the spoiler threads, seriously. We shouldn't have to tiptoe around discussing the plot because you can't read the thread title :P
ImageImage
Re: GS4 Contradictions (Spoilers, almost every case)Topic%20Title
User avatar

It's me!

Gender: None specified

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2008 12:34 am

Posts: 47

In 4-2, Trucy refuses to hold both the slippers and the mirror until the second day when the Apollo Justice item magnet is in full effect.

Presumably the discovery of Trucy's magic panties allows her to carry both of them from then on.
I really am the guy from the Objection! website, y'know! :(
Re: GS4 Contradictions (Spoilers, almost every case)Topic%20Title
User avatar

I know, Wright?

Gender: Female

Location: Helluva-fax, New Scottishland

Rank: Prosecutor

Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2007 2:50 pm

Posts: 806

I have two for "Turnabout Serenade".

Spoiler: 4-3, Lamiroir's guitar
At the beginning of the case, after Klavier spazzes about his guitar catching on fire, he says something like, "That guitar was the Ferrari of guitars. It had all the speed, the sound... and the price." But he reveals later that the guitar was a gift from Lamiroir, meaning that he didn't pay for it.


Spoiler: 4-3, the remote trigger
In court, you have to prove that Machi played the piano with one hand in order to operate the remote trigger. He wouldn't have to had used one hand to do that: The switch for igniting Klavier's guitar was found inside the piano on the stage, and Trucy proves that the button could have been pressed simply by playing a certain note. Machi didn't have to alter his piano part to play with one hand; all he had to do was alter it to include a single, unique note and place the switch in that section of the piano.


I'm letting my sister borrow my AJ, so I might come up with more later as she progresses through the game.
Image
Re: GS4 Contradictions (Spoilers, almost every case)Topic%20Title
User avatar

PCHOOO

Gender: Male

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Sun Nov 25, 2007 3:51 pm

Posts: 1285

Marshmello wrote:
Spoiler: 4-3, the remote trigger
In court, you have to prove that Machi played the piano with one hand in order to operate the remote trigger. He wouldn't have to had used one hand to do that: The switch for igniting Klavier's guitar was found inside the piano on the stage, and Trucy proves that the button could have been pressed simply by playing a certain note. Machi didn't have to alter his piano part to play with one hand; all he had to do was alter it to include a single, unique note and place the switch in that section of the piano.


Spoiler: 4-3
When Trucy finds the switch by pressing the piano the switch is not activated. It simply gets in the way of the note. Presumably, Machi simply hid it in there afterwards. Many people have commented upon the fact that they thought the switch could have been activated by the playing of the piano, but this wouldn't have been possible anyway. Consider the shape of the switch. In order for it to be activated the red button needs to be depressed. In a piano, the only things could theoretically exert enough force to do this would be the hammers. The strings which the hammers hit only vibrate, without anywhere near enough force to do anything. So, in order for a switch to be pressed by playing a key, it needs to somehow be positioned underneath a hammer. Although this could occur with a switch of a different shape, with this particular one is impossible. It is too large, and the button is too inconveniently placed. I've looked at my grand piano very carefully, and there's no way an object that large could be placed under a hammer. Perhaps if the piano was specially modified and a special switch inserted, such a feat could be accomplished. But with the situation and switch we are presented, it simply wouldn't work.


Sorry for the lengthy explanation, but I like doing things thoroughly and simply saying, "It wouldn't work" didn't seem adequate.
Re: GS4 Contradictions (Spoilers, almost every case)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Female

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2007 5:48 am

Posts: 593

Marshmello wrote:
I have two for "Turnabout Serenade".

Spoiler: 4-3, Lamiroir's guitar
At the beginning of the case, after Klavier spazzes about his guitar catching on fire, he says something like, "That guitar was the Ferrari of guitars. It had all the speed, the sound... and the price." But he reveals later that the guitar was a gift from Lamiroir, meaning that he didn't pay for it.

It may have been a gift from Lamiroir, but that doesn't mean it doesn't carry a hefty price tag. By the time Klavier met Lamiroir, she was already an international superstar singer, so she could certainly afford to buy "Ferraris of guitars" and give them away.
Marshmello wrote:
Spoiler: 4-3, the remote trigger
In court, you have to prove that Machi played the piano with one hand in order to operate the remote trigger. He wouldn't have to had used one hand to do that: The switch for igniting Klavier's guitar was found inside the piano on the stage, and Trucy proves that the button could have been pressed simply by playing a certain note. Machi didn't have to alter his piano part to play with one hand; all he had to do was alter it to include a single, unique note and place the switch in that section of the piano.

Heh, Regy Rusty beat me to it on this one, but here my explanation:

I think I said something about this earlier, but playing a single unique note would be even more noticeable than playing with one hand. Being a trained musician, Klavier would easily be able to tell if that one piano note was wrong. There's also the problem of getting the switch into the piano. Lamiroir "led" Machi to the piano where he had to sit there and pretend to be blind, so he couldn't just stand up and wedge the button into the instrument. Another thing: grand pianos have their hammers facing upwards, so when a key is hit, the hammer comes from the bottom and hits the appropriate string. It'd be pretty hard to fit the switch into the piano at all, much less upside-down to accommodate the hammers which aren't meant for button pressing. The hammers don't have nearly enough force to depress a switch like that either. Machi would have to really slam that note to get enough force, and that would make his wrong note even more conspicuous. Finding the switch in the piano confused me as well, but playing with one hand turned out to be a more likely modus operandi.
Image
Re: GS4 Contradictions (Spoilers, almost every case)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Male

Location: New Jersey

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2007 4:55 am

Posts: 39

T2Lawyer wrote:
I have two, but I haven't checked to see if somebody mentioned them yet.

Spoiler: 4-2
In the "kidnapping" screenshot, the "kidnapper" is clearly holding the knife with his right arm. But MR. HAT DOESN'T HAVE A RIGHT ARM. You can see this in the "Mr. Hat popping out" animation.


Spoiler: 4-4
In Kristoph's crazy animation, his hair is messed up, his tie/ribbon is out of his shirt, and he has no glasses. The exact opposite is true for the laughing animation.



For the Mr. Hat one, look at the hand, it's wearing a white glove. It's not hard to belive that it could be Trucy's own hand. The things I noticed were the sleeve and the knife. The "attacker" has large sleeves that are long enough to cover the end of the glove. However Trucy dosn't wear sleeves and Mr. Hat's sleeves are almost skin wood tight and didn't reach the gloves. Also where does Mr. Hat get that knife from? It's not Wocky's shiv(look at the handle and the shape.) Unless Trucy carries a knife.

And the second one(Kristoph) Its possible that he just straighened himself out. They arn't played right after eachother so he might have picked up his glasses(they fly off during the first animation),restyle his hair, and put the tie thing back under his jacket.
Image
Re: GS4 Contradictions (Spoilers, almost every case)Topic%20Title

Gender: Female

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2007 1:42 am

Posts: 25

I haven't seen this one mentioned yet.

Spoiler: 4-4, PW arc
The whole point of the initial trial system is that the accused is rushed into a rushed trial, and that system still seems to be in place when Phoenix is running a beta jurist system, but let's look at all that led up to the Gramarye trial:

1) Zak requests Kristoph's services.
2) Kristoph finds out the prosecutor is his brother.
3) Kristoph researches forgers.
4) Kristoph acts like a pedo with Mr Misham out of the room hires Vera and gives her sample materials to study.
5) Vera learns Magnifi's handwriting and forges a page of his journal for the wonderful magician-loving man.
6) The US (or Japanese) postal service delivers this page back to Kristoph.
7) Kristoph visits his client and is bullied into a game of poker, which he loses.
8) Phoenix plays a game of poker and takes over the case.
9) Kristoph sends a courier with the case file at the last possible moment the night before the trial.

We have never had a trial start later than thirty-six hours after the murder, but obviously not even steps 1-3 could be done in that amount of time. A celebrity like Zak Gramarye is the last person they would be holding up in the system, so why this kind of delay?
Re: GS4 Contradictions (Spoilers, almost every case)Topic%20Title

Gender: Male

Location: England

Rank: Prosecutor

Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2008 7:03 pm

Posts: 931

Here's another one I thought of

Spoiler: 4-4 spoilers
Zak and Valant's Unimpressive Shoot'Em:
Supposedly, at the climax of the Gramaryes' gun trick, there were always bullets everywhere on the stage, except in Thalassa. However, it's repeatedly stated that each pistol only holds one bullet. Even if Vak and Valant had two guns each, that would only add up to four bullets. Not a great trick.
Re: GS4 Contradictions (Spoilers, almost every case)Topic%20Title
User avatar

I know, Wright?

Gender: Female

Location: Helluva-fax, New Scottishland

Rank: Prosecutor

Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2007 2:50 pm

Posts: 806

Salutation Here wrote:
Here's another one I thought of

Spoiler: 4-4 spoilers
Zak and Valant's Unimpressive Shoot'Em:
Supposedly, at the climax of the Gramaryes' gun trick, there were always bullets everywhere on the stage, except in Thalassa. However, it's repeatedly stated that each pistol only holds one bullet. Even if Vak and Valant had two guns each, that would only add up to four bullets. Not a great trick.

:varanbaran: That's the point of the trick; they each fire one bullet, and then more bullets appear (and none of them hit their target).

That's why it's called 'magic.
Image
Re: GS4 Contradictions (Spoilers, almost every case)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Yuki Fan~!

Gender: Male

Location: Monica and Chandler's house

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Sun Nov 25, 2007 7:48 pm

Posts: 1118

Spoiler: 4-3
The murder was commited while Limiroir was singing, but Ema and Apollo heard the gunshot way after the song.

And to add. Lamiroir kept singing even after hearing a gunshot.

Image
Image
Image
Re: GS4 Contradictions (Spoilers, almost every case)Topic%20Title

Gender: Female

Rank: Desk Jockey

Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 3:14 am

Posts: 53

PhoenixAshes wrote:
Spoiler: 4-3
The murder was commited while Limiroir was singing, but Ema and Apollo heard the gunshot way after the song.

And to add. Lamiroir kept singing even after hearing a gunshot.


Contradictions? Those are all addressed during the case itself.
Izanami- A character in Japanese mythology...NOT 'I'm a Nazi' backwards.
Re: GS4 Contradictions (Spoilers, almost every case)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Yuki Fan~!

Gender: Male

Location: Monica and Chandler's house

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Sun Nov 25, 2007 7:48 pm

Posts: 1118

0.0

I need to replay it...
Image
Image
Image
Re: GS4 Contradictions (Spoilers, almost every case)Topic%20Title

A Kodac moment.

Gender: None specified

Location: Yeah, right...

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 7:26 pm

Posts: 349

(haven't looked through this whole topic)

Spoiler: Slippers and Paint (4-2)
OK, we all know that Alita stepped on a leaf with her slippers still on when she got out of the noodle stand, right? What I don't know is how the yellow paint got on the slippers in the first place. It must have been where the leaf was (right outside the noodle stand), but when the tarp was removed, but I don't remember seeing any paint there. And even if there was, how did it get there? The only place where we see yellow paint is in front of the Kitaki mansion, and the slippers were in a trash can across the street away from any of the paint.

I haven't played Case 2 in a while, but I don't remember this ever being explained.

Image

OBJECT!Marquees are fun...Whip
Page 4 of 21 [ 834 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 21  Next
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  

 Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » The Hydeout (GS4)

Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum
Jump to:  
News News Site map Site map SitemapIndex SitemapIndex RSS Feed RSS Feed Channel list Channel list
Powered by phpBB

phpBB SEO