Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » The Hydeout (GS4)

Page 1 of 1[ 17 posts ]

Opinion On Detective Ema?Topic%20Title

So What Was Everyones Opinion On Ema Replacing Gumshoe? Overall I Like Ema More As A Character But Gumshoe is WAAAY Better As The Detective Its Just Not Fun Having A Non-Bumbling Detective :( I Miss Having A Bumbling Detective That Suffers Salary Cuts :(
Re: Opinion On Detective Ema?Topic%20Title

http://forums.court-records.net/the-hydeout-gs4/the-scientific-ema-skye-topic-t7252.html

Till the landslide brought me down...

She's ok, but I prefer gumshoe's character (I love it how he always bursts in, and complains about his salary and instant noodles)
though doing 'forensics' with Ema is addictive too
• °♦ ♥ ♦° .*•. ♫~.•* • °♦ ♥ ♦° .*•. ♫~.•*• °♦ ♥ ♦°

I like them both, they should work together! x)

The Magatama of Truth!

Satoshi wrote:
I like them both, they should work together! x)

That would be great! Both Gumshoe and awesome forensics! (but overall Gumshoe is still better! :eh?: )

Gettin' Old!

Ema is a demon.

We should rally together to purge her evil from the AA universe in (ideally) the most painful way imaginable to mankind.
She wasn't worthy to replace Gumshoe. She's a failure at her job and as such is whiny and b***hy to everyone. She thinks she is the high and mightiest when she couldn't even pass her own forensics exam. Tch! I'd see her rot in hell :edgeworth:
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

As I know, both Gumshoe and Ema will be in GK (not a spoiler because it's official) so I think they'll kinda work together.
Ema and Gumshoe are both awesome, IMHO.
Sig by PandaPrinzessin

A beautiful world indeed.

I don't treat the characters in GS4 as "replacements."

Anyway, I am going to sound crazy here, but after three games, I thought the "Oh, I'm actually bad at my job, I get pay cuts on a daily basis" joke was getting a little old. Ema isn't whiny, she's just jaded. And, unlike Gumshoe, she doesn't make obscene mistakes within her testimony (don't bring up 4-3, that case overall was a mess of plot holes).

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

I definitely like Gumshoe more, but Ema was cool too. All the forensics and stuff was fun, but Gumshoe is just more lovable <3 (:
Image Image
:radio: Avatar/Gumshoe banner by me; awesome Professor Layton banner by Nadindi. CLICK ON IT.
Visit my deviantART, you foolishly foolish fools!

ALL GLORY TO... SOMETHING

neoswordmaster wrote:
And, unlike Gumshoe, she doesn't make obscene mistakes within her testimony (don't bring up 4-3, that case overall was a mess of plot holes).

I never saw the thing with the murder weapon as a plothole. As they said over and over in that case, skill (or how you hold the weapon) is a factor in whether or not you get injured firing a high-caliber gun. I can think of a few ways for someone like Machi to get off with a pulled muscle at the most.

Furthermore, just because he looks weak doesn't mean he is. It takes strong fingers to play piano, I'm told.

Gettin' Old!

GigaHand wrote:
neoswordmaster wrote:
And, unlike Gumshoe, she doesn't make obscene mistakes within her testimony (don't bring up 4-3, that case overall was a mess of plot holes).

I never saw the thing with the murder weapon as a plothole. As they said over and over in that case, skill (or how you hold the weapon) is a factor in whether or not you get injured firing a high-caliber gun. I can think of a few ways for someone like Machi to get off with a pulled muscle at the most.

Furthermore, just because he looks weak doesn't mean he is. It takes strong fingers to play piano, I'm told.

Strong fingers are fine for pulling the trigger but....

Wikipedia wrote:

The .44 Magnum delivers a large, heavy bullet with high velocity for a handgun. In its full-powered form, it produces too much recoil and muzzle blast to be suitable for a police weapon as it makes rapid fire difficult and strenuous on the users' hands; in particular for shooters of smaller build or with small hands.[11][12]

It would probably break his hands ruining his ability to play Piano forever. If the Police can't wield such a weapon why would an untrained boy be able to?

Besides the main problem I had was
Spoiler: 4-3
How on earth would Machi move Letouse the giant interpol agent onto the platform and raise it when he's so puny?

Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Pierre wrote:
GigaHand wrote:

Strong fingers are fine for pulling the trigger but....

Wikipedia wrote:

The .44 Magnum delivers a large, heavy bullet with high velocity for a handgun. In its full-powered form, it produces too much recoil and muzzle blast to be suitable for a police weapon as it makes rapid fire difficult and strenuous on the users' hands; in particular for shooters of smaller build or with small hands.[11][12]
It would probably break his hands ruining his ability to play Piano forever. If the Police can't wield such a weapon why would an untrained boy be able to?

Bolded the part you seem to have missed. Further, I did say piano players had strong hands, but I admit I'm not a reliable source on this. Besides, it's not that the police aren't able to wield the weapon, it's that they aren't issued one.

Pierre wrote:
Besides the main problem I had was
Spoiler: 4-3
How on earth would Machi move Letouse the giant interpol agent onto the platform and raise it when he's so puny?

I considered this as well, and can make an argument for it that helps the prosecution's case. He dragged it with great difficulty, and collapsed on the stage from exhaustion. As for why he was on the raised platform, I'm gonna say it has a timer, which he activated once he passed it then continued to drag the body there.

Now if anyone else wants to discuss 4-3 with me do it via PMs. It's my favorite case, and I've pondered all the obvious contradictions.

Kristoph~!

I like her but I think Gumshoe is as lot better as a detective ^^

Thanks Purple Angel =D

eulogy7x wrote:
I like her but I think Gumshoe is as lot better as a detective ^^

Please tell me you meant you like Gumshoe's character more.

Bitter.Than.Hell.Itself

AA isn't enough for me for choose.
I want Gyakuten Saiban 5, damn >.>
However, in PW:AA Gumshoe was cool since from the beginning.
Next time, Capcom.

Perfect whine record

Akuma_Franziska wrote:
So What Was Everyones Opinion On Ema Replacing Gumshoe? Overall I Like Ema More As A Character But Gumshoe is WAAAY Better As The Detective Its Just Not Fun Having A Non-Bumbling Detective :( I Miss Having A Bumbling Detective That Suffers Salary Cuts :(

I Honestly Can't Take Anyone Serious When They Write Like This.

In Justice We Trust

I really don't see why we need multiple threads about the same character.
I'll always love you, Max.
Page 1 of 1 [ 17 posts ] 

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » The Hydeout (GS4)