Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » The Hydeout (GS4)

Page 1 of 1[ 23 posts ]

Apollo Justice questionTopic%20Title

Objectionator

Hey pals! I'm new to this site - awesome forums you got here. :gumshoe:

I started playing the Ace Attorney series two months ago, and I have now completed the first and the second one. Trials and Tribulations is now ordered and on my way to the mail box. I can't wait!

Now to my speculation. I saw some gameplay of Apollo Justice on YouTube, and I really didn't like the new characters. I seems so weird that Phoenix isn't the main character anymore. I was wondering what you guys think of the game, since I'm not sure whether to get it or not. Is it worth it? And do you think there will be an Apollo Justice trilogy?

Thanks a lot for reading - Happy New Years. :phoenix:
Re: Apollo Justice questionTopic%20Title

For your entertainment~ ♪

I think it's a good edition to the series.

I didn't like Phoenix as the protagonist. I preferred Apollo as the main as it was enjoyable and he has a lot of potential in the future and to explore his past. Plus, Apollo has a decent assistant unlike Phoenix's (*shivers*).

The Robert Downey Jr. Of Cookies

I adored it, though I found that the final case was rather weak (and confusing as hell), and I didn't much care for the third case, either, if only because of The Guitar's Motherfucking Serenade.

It was slightly better than JFA, though, and the second case is immensely entertaining--one of my favorite cases of the series.

And I love Polly as a protagonist.
WARNING: My dA may contain swearing, bad fanart, and gratuitous lesbianism.
BTW, GIVE GUMSHOE SOME GODDAMN MONEY, BITCHES

Prosecutor

AJ has an absolutely brilliant tutorial case, an underrated second case, some very clever bits in its third case, and an ambitious fourth case that fel flat for most people. It's not the best installment, but it's worth playing.

Apollo doesn't have enough character development, and yes, you probably aren't going to like what they've done with Phoenix. I was ambivalent about it - it was cool seeing Phoenix get some unexpected character development, but it was a little... extreme.

1000% Knight

Phoenix's story is really complete after Trials and Tribulations. (You'll see that once you play it, don't worry :P) So it may seem weird now to you that Apollo has taken over, but it'll seem better once you get up to it.

It's a pretty neat game; if you like AA, you should still get it.
Credit to Evolina for the sig+avatar!

Waiting on Godot...

They did alot of changes to the story that people didn't like, but if you ever thought that Phoenix Wright as a game should be darker, Apollo Justice is it. I'd compare it to T&T but you haven't played that yet.

AJ makes better use of the DS, and the perceiving system is new and unique. The new character developments are shocking at first, but I assure you, you'll find something you like in AJ1 :) I'd say give it a chance. It's a very intriguing storyline ^^
ImageImageImageImage

Objectionator

Thanks for all the replies! I'll probably pick the game up after I beat Trials & Tribulations. :)

Lol. I can see Uranus.

Location: Lost in the deepest part of my church. (That place is a laberynth!)

I haven't played it yet, but i suggest that you play it because it is good to know the next part of the series.

Im sure that the game will be fun.
awesome sig by Ptapcc!
Deviantart!

If you've played the other games, you might as well get this one too.

In my opinion it's seriously underrated and even though I didn't like case 3 and 4, it's still good to have for your AA collection.

And plus the characters in this arc need a lot more development, so I think they may possibly do a second AJ game :)

Objection!

With the exception of the 2nd case, which in my opinion is crap, the game is fantastic, and the last case is wonderful, but i felt bad for phoenix :larry: :larry:

i'll get an avvy later

The following is information classified to those who are brave enough to venture into the occurences of GS4, or Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney.

Spoiler: minor GS4 spoilers, mostly about some characters and Phoenix
Ye who have ventured into the land of forbidden knowledge, prepare to imbue the knowledge I present to you:
lol awesome intro, but still, I'd prefer saying stuff normally.
Though Phoenix ISN'T the main character, you will STILL be able to use him in a court case, as well as an investigation with the Magatama.
Also, there are a few reoccuring characters from previous games in the series.
Ema Skye, the scientific counterpart to Maya Fey from Rise From The Ashes in GS1(DS version), will be making a major-ish role in the game. Also, two cameo characters from the other games will appear as well.
Detective Gumshoe, no need for introduction, will be giving the case facts in the trial you use Phoenix in, just like always.
Also, one other minor character from Rise From The Ashes will make an appearance (still minor), but he's too unimportant to mention. But here is a tip: HE IDOLIZES GUMSHOE.
There will also be a new investigation ability for you to use in GS4 with Apollo, along with the mechanics of fingerprinting and Luminol spraying, along with a couple of new ones.
Those are all the spoilers for now.

Beware, for this will be all I will reveal to you for now, if you read the spoilers. For more, just PM me. Of course, most of you know everything about all the GS games.

Ciao!

GODDAMMIT WHERE IS DIMENTIO WHEN YOU NEED HIM?!
Spoiler: All AA games
the following people are EEEEEEEVIL:
karma, gant, morgan le fey, slashface aka engarde, penguin/atmey, black dahlia, and devil's hand (aka hirohiko aka figure it out yourself)

ALL GLORY TO... SOMETHING

Honestly, the only things I didn't like about AJ are the fourth case and... you lot. The fourth case is ripe with illogic (but includes what I believe to be Apollo's best moments), and the fanbase tends to blow things out of proportion, or blow them off entirely.
Spoiler: 4-3, 4-4
Everyone knows of the incompatibility with the weapon and the suspect in 4-3, because they practically drummed it into your head with constant repetition. But every time they said it (and once it stood alone), they also said a skilled shooter would go relatively unscathed, or something to this effect. The Judge also zaid, at the beginning of the trial, that they "we must assume the killer (Machi, even though he really didn't do it, so... yeah) was adept in the weapon's use". If everyone noticed the first statement, how the HELL did everyone but me miss the second?

Also, I think Phoenix can bend reality. How did he know that a dark time was coming for the legal system? Can he see the future? There's no way he could have known that Kristoph gave Drew a poisoned stamp; not even Drew knew Drew got a poisoned stamp. How did he know that no decisive evidence could link Kristoph to the crime? How did he send evidence BACK IN FUCKING TIME!?

I also don't think Phoenix's role in 4-4 was that big. Here's a list of all he did:
Assigned Apollo to the case
Found the stamp
Affirmed Kristoph as the client (he didn't know about the time bomb, nor did he get any proof)
Masterminded the whole jurist system thing (which would only count if he knew all the things in the previous paragraph)

So his role was either an accident, or the biggest ever Xanatos Roulette.

i'll get an avvy later

dude you do remember that Mia seemed to know what would happen in the future all the time.

all wise old man archtypes are like that, examples are mia, phoenix (GS4) and dumbledore.
karma, gant, morgan le fey, slashface aka engarde, penguin/atmey, black dahlia, and devil's hand (aka hirohiko aka figure it out yourself)

The thread killer (avi THANKS TO COLD52)

Ptapcc wrote:
I didn't like Phoenix as the protagonist. I preferred Apollo as the main as it was enjoyable and he has a lot of potential in the future and to explore his past. Plus, Apollo has a decent assistant unlike Phoenix's (*shivers*).
Trucy will NEVER live up to maya. :edgeworth: :edgeworth: :edgeworth:

Aspiring to Inspire

Err... I've always found Trucy to be more useful than Maya, actually. And I like her personality much better, too. But that's just my opinion... :yuusaku:
.: Click on the pictures for links! :.

ImageImageImageImage

1000% Knight

I think they're both fine. (Maya seems to have more depth of character, although she has had two more games, and they did introduce, although not explore, some depth for Trucy near the end.)
Credit to Evolina for the sig+avatar!

FINE

yup, last case was weird
but anyway yeah i recomend Apollo justice, it was good.
A game where phoenix is not the main character was horrible (at first)
Then i started playing AJ, and it was good.
So, if you are a real AA fan, you should get it.

i'll get an avvy later

personally i think both of them are nice

but you know what pissed me off?

phoenix never gets maya's card

if they pull crap like that in the AJAA game and never say that apollo and trucy are half-siblings to them, i'm gonna implode

Greener223 wrote:

phoenix never gets maya's card

if they pull crap like that in the AJAA game and never say that apollo and trucy are half-siblings to them, i'm gonna implode

That made me rage too. I really wanted him to get the card. Maybe Franziska is keeping it until she actually beats him in court. Or it got stolen from her at customs for being too important.

i'll get an avvy later

dude, you could never go as berserk as i did in the SUBJECT about Maya's card.

That Adrian in Black bitch taunted me with "Welcome to the Internet! We hope you enjoy your stay" bullshit and i cracked in half and spammed gibberish and got banned for a week.

Gettin' Old!

Greener223 wrote:

Your gonna wanna spoiler that post there's major spoilers there for a guy who is ASKING WHETHER HE SHOULD PLAY THESE GAMES!

But yeah it's a good instalment and as far as I see it the future of AA for me. So I'm expecting big things of this series and recommend you play them
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Mostly human

His question was already answered anyway, Duckoverlord just decided to necromance it over something off-topic.
Page 1 of 1 [ 23 posts ] 

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » The Hydeout (GS4)