Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » The Hydeout (GS4)

Page 1 of 3[ 92 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 


Which Gavin do like (or hate) more?Topic%20Title

Just a random passerby

Gender: Male

Location: Hyrule

Rank: Prosecutor

Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2008 4:42 pm

Posts: 623

Klavier or Kristoph?

Kristoph for me. Klavier's OK as a rocker, don't care for him as a prosecutor. Mainly because he helped Apollo too much, even if he didn't need it. I don't know why I like Kristoph. Guess it's just the personality.
Re: Which Gavin do like (or hate) more?Topic%20Title
User avatar

...WUT

Gender: Male

Rank: Desk Jockey

Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2010 4:27 am

Posts: 50

Klavier.

His objection is my second favorite(next to edgeworths). :edgeworth:
Re: Which Gavin do like (or hate) more?Topic%20Title
User avatar

Overruled?

Gender: Male

Location: Nevada

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2007 11:27 pm

Posts: 298

I despise them both equally. :gant-clap:
Image
Re: Which Gavin do like (or hate) more?Topic%20Title
User avatar

Mipeltaja = the real badass

Gender: Male

Location: That one place. No, not that place, the other place.

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Fri Nov 09, 2007 1:14 am

Posts: 462

They're both lame in their own very special ways.

Klavier for being an oh-so-special guy who's a rock star and is just the nicest prosecutor ever (except for when he's being an insulting asshole and withholding evidence for no good reason, while never getting called on it) and gag me with a fucking spoon, why don't ya? You know what would be great? If the guy had any character at all, instead of the lazy characterization of "He's just a generically nice guy, I guess."

Kristoph was actually responsible for a really cool plot twist in the first case, but son of a bitch, was the plot in the last day of the final case telegraphed and dragged out to hell or what? Although I guess the writers sucking at pacing isn't really the character's fault, so Kristoph is the Gavin I like more.
Billie Jean is not my lover.
Image
Re: Which Gavin do like (or hate) more?Topic%20Title
User avatar

What the Devil is going on here?

Gender: Female

Location: Sydney, Australia

Rank: Prosecutor

Joined: Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:18 am

Posts: 905

Kristoph for me too. I liked him as soon as I saw him. I liked Klavier too, but not as much. He was a bit too nice as a prosecutor. It almost made the cases too easy. I liked how he was a rockstar and also how he came off as a pretty boy but

Spoiler: Hooray for spoiler tags!
I prefer the psycopathic, murderer character. Him being the killer just added to my fan-ship (I dont think thats a word..)


Klavier was a good character for the fangirls, but I'd rather fangirl over the deeper, more mysterious character. :pft:

Also, his Objection is screems "IM BETTER THAN YOU!"
~


Last edited by Essa_L_M.E on Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Re: Which Gavin do like (or hate) more?Topic%20Title
User avatar

tell me if you know a better one.

Gender: Male

Location: here on this place.

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:03 pm

Posts: 170

klavier for me
always remeber 2 things.
1. rules are made to be broken.
2. risk are there to be taken
Re: Which Gavin do like (or hate) more?Topic%20Title
User avatar

you can just call me Ezio

Gender: Male

Location: the netherlands

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Sat Dec 12, 2009 5:55 pm

Posts: 168

klavier, i can't stand kristoph.
Image Image


son of ApollaJustice and eliasswift
brother to KissTheNight and Dimbo
Re: Which Gavin do like (or hate) more?Topic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Female

Location: Dublin

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Nov 20, 2009 10:56 am

Posts: 1130

Klavier, Kristoph did my head in.
Image
☆KrazyKaro and Romeo's Daughter☆
☆Godot_Blend_#107, Tap and Jaron's Sister☆
Re: Which Gavin do like (or hate) more?Topic%20Title
User avatar

PL vs PW <33

Gender: Female

Location: Canada

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:12 pm

Posts: 260

I don't particularly like either of them, but I dislike Klavier less I guess, since I have this grudge against Kristoph because of a certain Hobo I love ^^;

As for interesting characters though, I think Kristoph had more potential to be an interesting character. Psychotic, yes, but at least he's not as 1D as his brother. With Klavier, I feel that if you take away the "Euro rocker fangirl magnet", there's nothing left. Seriously, I don't even know why he's even a prosecutor, it seems he'd have a much more successful career as a rock star; his attitude for prosecuting is more like a side job, and I think he belongs more on the stage than in court...
Phoenix: "You know my strategy. Speak first, think later!"
Image
devART:.:My wallpapers:.:My comics/fanart:.:Sprite edits:.:Objection font
Re: Which Gavin do like (or hate) more?Topic%20Title
User avatar

c:

Gender: Female

Location: Hinamizawa

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 4:21 pm

Posts: 360

I don't really care about either, but I guess Klavier because he's "nicer", although he can be a bit of a brat. :yuusaku:
Re: Which Gavin do like (or hate) more?Topic%20Title
User avatar

Gumshoe's #1 Fan

Gender: Male

Rank: Desk Jockey

Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:50 pm

Posts: 57

I like them both, personally, but I like Kristoph more (I'm the kind of person who loves the psycho types). You should probably add a poll to this thread; it would make more sense.
I HAVE CHORTLES!
Image
Re: Which Gavin do like (or hate) more?Topic%20Title
User avatar

Lurking somewhere around

Gender: None specified

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 5:17 am

Posts: 14

I prefer Kristoph right now, since he's actually the 'more developed' guy compared to Klavier. Klavier is just...Kind of bland. Maybe it's because GS4 tried to cram so much in, what with the whole 'oh noez, phoenix's now a hobo' thing. As a result, both Apollo and Klavier ended up not being as fleshed out as they should be. Right now all the personality we know of them is basically...Made up personality by the fanon? There's no history for them, no backstory, which is very nice for fanfic authors, but weaken the character in general.

We have to wait for them to come back in GS5 I suppose, to really decide. If they come back. :\
Re: Which Gavin do like (or hate) more?Topic%20Title
User avatar

PL vs PW <33

Gender: Female

Location: Canada

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:12 pm

Posts: 260

Carlis wrote:
I prefer Kristoph right now, since he's actually the 'more developed' guy compared to Klavier. Klavier is just...Kind of bland. Maybe it's because GS4 tried to cram so much in, what with the whole 'oh noez, phoenix's now a hobo' thing. As a result, both Apollo and Klavier ended up not being as fleshed out as they should be. Right now all the personality we know of them is basically...Made up personality by the fanon? There's no history for them, no backstory, which is very nice for fanfic authors, but weaken the character in general.


Exactly! Somewhere in there, what was supposed to be Apollo vs Klavier ended up being HoboNick vs Kristoph XD I personally don't mind 'cause I like :hobohodo: , but for a series with his name on it, Apollo as a character is pretty shallow (esp compared to :phoenix: in his first game); same with Klavier, he didn't get nearly as much character development as :edgeworth: did in the first game either.
Phoenix: "You know my strategy. Speak first, think later!"
Image
devART:.:My wallpapers:.:My comics/fanart:.:Sprite edits:.:Objection font
Re: Which Gavin do like (or hate) more?Topic%20Title
User avatar

earthlings on fire

Gender: Female

Location: Hazakura Temple

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:57 am

Posts: 1011

Kristoph... Speak to me about Ace Attorney and within five minutes you'll know that. xD

I could drone on about my love of Krissi, but my preference has just as much to do with the fact that Klavier is boring, as mentioned earlier.

It's like Capcom was so proud of themselves with Kristoph that they completely forgot about making a prosecutor. This is probably how the conversation went:

-2 weeks before the end of production-
Developer 1: Wow, we really outdid ourselves this time! What a great character!
Developer 2: ...
Developer 1: ...Oh damn, we forgot a prosecutor!
Developer 2: Smart.
Developer 1: Uhh, we could bring Edgeworth back?
Developer 2: No, he's getting his own game soon.
Developer 1: *stares at Kristoph profile* How about we give him a brother?
Developer 2: And he can be the prosecutor!
Developer 1: Oh, we're good!
Developer 2: But we need to make him different. Quick! Give me a word.
Developer 1: Uh....rock!
Developer 2: Alrighty then, he's a rock star.
ImageImageImage
...and there's fifteen feet of pure white snow
Re: Which Gavin do like (or hate) more?Topic%20Title

Gender: Female

Rank: Desk Jockey

Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2008 8:11 pm

Posts: 141

I think Kristoph is more interesting (as stated above). But I'm fine with Klavier too, even though he isn't one of my favorites.
Image
.: Daughter of Aliucon and Lida_Rose on the CR Family Tree :.
Re: Which Gavin do like (or hate) more?Topic%20Title
User avatar

What the Devil is going on here?

Gender: Female

Location: Sydney, Australia

Rank: Prosecutor

Joined: Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:18 am

Posts: 905

Cravat of Doom wrote:
Kristoph... Speak to me about Ace Attorney and within five minutes you'll know that. xD

I could drone on about my love of Krissi, but my preference has just as much to do with the fact that Klavier is boring, as mentioned earlier.

It's like Capcom was so proud of themselves with Kristoph that they completely forgot about making a prosecutor. This is probably how the conversation went:

-2 weeks before the end of production-
Developer 1: Wow, we really outdid ourselves this time! What a great character!
Developer 2: ...
Developer 1: ...Oh damn, we forgot a prosecutor!
Developer 2: Smart.
Developer 1: Uhh, we could bring Edgeworth back?
Developer 2: No, he's getting his own game soon.
Developer 1: *stares at Kristoph profile* How about we give him a brother?
Developer 2: And he can be the prosecutor!
Developer 1: Oh, we're good!
Developer 2: But we need to make him different. Quick! Give me a word.
Developer 1: Uh....rock!
Developer 2: Alrighty then, he's a rock star.


:hobolaugh: That's the funniest thing I've heard in a while.
~
Re: Which Gavin do like (or hate) more?Topic%20Title
User avatar

The Twisted Samurai

Gender: Male

Location: Wherever I may roam.

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 10:05 pm

Posts: 4848

I like Klavier more that Kristoph
however his name in German is gay(Kantilen, is that even a name?)
Although his objections are all awesome
and the sprites are cool too
and Kristoph is just a jealous bastard
Image
"The hammer that strikes too fast has no time to aim."
Re: Which Gavin do like (or hate) more?Topic%20Title
User avatar

Captain Hair!

Gender: Male

Location: California

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Sat Apr 03, 2010 5:56 pm

Posts: 266

I hate Klavier more than Kristoph. Klavier was a boring character, and I feel that they could have used a much better prosecutor. On the other hand, Kristoph gave the game a much needed "superevil" character, and was very satisfying to finally take down.
Image
Re: Which Gavin do like (or hate) more?Topic%20Title
User avatar

Fantina's perfect little Franny!

Gender: Female

Location: UK

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:33 pm

Posts: 3466

They're okay characters. I prefere Kristoph more cause I do. I used to love Klavier but now I think he's fake now.
Re: Which Gavin do like (or hate) more?Topic%20Title
User avatar

lame alert

Gender: Female

Location: ?????????

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Thu Apr 16, 2009 5:45 pm

Posts: 587

Kristoph for the epic win, but in some fanfics, you gotta love klavgav!!! <3
:garyuu:
Image My fanfic fanart
Click the sig for my graphics :) requests taken.
Deviantart
sig nd avvi thanx 2 my boredom:)
Re: Which Gavin do like (or hate) more?Topic%20Title
User avatar

The AA-LPer

Gender: Female

Location: Playing Ace Attorney or making LPs! No, actually, Finland.

Rank: Desk Jockey

Joined: Sat Nov 14, 2009 10:53 pm

Posts: 146

Kristoph. He's just more my type.
And he's got way classier quotes than Klavier! :garyuu:

"What possible conclusion do you think this "investigation" of yours can lead to? I killed a man named "Smith" with a bottle because I am an evil human being. ...Isn't that enough?" -Kristoph Gavin

Enough said. *bows out*
Image
Check my Ace Attorney Let's Plays and more on my Youtube Channel!
My Sigs, Wallpapers etc. Topic
The happy wife of Meenyman and mother of Dawn, Madame Sho and Dark Coffee Drinker
Re: Which Gavin do like (or hate) more?Topic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Female

Location: Somewhere very boring. D:

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Fri Jul 30, 2010 5:35 pm

Posts: 22

I like Kristoph a lot more. Klavier just was pretty bland in my opinion. I can't help but feel like he's just there for fanservice, but that could just be me. Can you say estrogen brigade bait?

Kristoph just oozes cool and evilness. Go evilness! I always tend to like the villains, so that doesn't help very much.
Image
Re: Which Gavin do like (or hate) more?Topic%20Title
User avatar

Where are Mr. Trite and Herr Forehead?

Gender: Female

Location: Chillin with my buddies in the detention center.

Rank: Desk Jockey

Joined: Sat Apr 24, 2010 1:47 pm

Posts: 92

I'd have to say I hate them both, but I hate Klavier even more. Snob.
Re: Which Gavin do like (or hate) more?Topic%20Title
User avatar

Max Sugar, No Taste

Gender: Female

Location: Forssa, Finland

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:55 pm

Posts: 223

Well, to me Kristoph was kinda "meh". I don't dislike him or anything, but I just prefer Klavier. There's that certain honest and likeable feeling about him, not to mention he's freaking hot. Fanservice? Maybe, but consider my inner fangirl very well serviced. :sparkly-maggey:
Image
Banner by PandaPrinzessin

No squealing
remember that it's all in your head
Re: Which Gavin do like (or hate) more?Topic%20Title
User avatar

...............<3

Gender: Female

Location: Murdering any fangirls who dare come near Klavier. HE'S MINE!!! :D

Rank: Desk Jockey

Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:24 am

Posts: 58

Eh, I'm going to vote for Klavier since everyone is voting for Kristoph.
I'll give the reasons:

Why I like Klavier:
His theme song is AWESOME!
He speaks German
He's not a crazy psychopath murderer like his brother
He's quite freaking sexy hot for a fop prosecutor

Why I like Kristoph
He's nice one time, completely mentally disordered the next
Head Shake is cool, no? :pft:
Re: Which Gavin do like (or hate) more?Topic%20Title
User avatar

1000% Knight

Gender: Male

Rank: Moderators

Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:06 pm

Posts: 6900

Ugh. I had a whole anti-Klavier rant typed out, but my computer decided to delete it. Anyway, abridged version:

Klavier is too perfect, too unrealistic, and too easy of a prosecutor. There's absolutely no credibility or room for growth in his character. As someone else said, "With prosecutors like Klavier, who needs defense attornies?"



While Kristoph was not the most original character, at least
Spoiler: 4-4
using a postage stamp as a murder weapon was insanely crazy and awesome

Re: Which Gavin do like (or hate) more?Topic%20Title
User avatar

earthlings on fire

Gender: Female

Location: Hazakura Temple

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:57 am

Posts: 1011

I would have loved if Kristoph was the GS4 prosecutor. :keiko:
ImageImageImage
...and there's fifteen feet of pure white snow
Re: Which Gavin do like (or hate) more?Topic%20Title
User avatar

The Twisted Samurai

Gender: Male

Location: Wherever I may roam.

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 10:05 pm

Posts: 4848

After replaying AJ, I made my mind a lot and came to the conclusion that my last interpretation was wrong, in my eyes.
Kristoph cleary is the better Gavin.
Klav is a biatch. He may be a rockstar but why the hell a prosecutor?
And another prodigy?
Seems like copy-pasted to me.
His theme is okay, but Klav is no real prosecutor. He only helped Apollo.
And in 4-3 he framed Machy for only one reason: In order to keep the Gavinners complete.
What a bastard >_>
Image
"The hammer that strikes too fast has no time to aim."


Last edited by Coffee Prosecutor on Sat Jul 31, 2010 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Re: Which Gavin do like (or hate) more?Topic%20Title
User avatar

"I'm End Quote." end quote.

Gender: Male

Location: Belgium

Rank: Prosecutor

Joined: Sat Jul 17, 2010 8:22 pm

Posts: 612

They're both OK I guess... I like Kristoph better than Klavier
:keiko: WARNING: SIG CONTAINS LAME JOKE
ImageImage
Re: Which Gavin do like (or hate) more?Topic%20Title
User avatar

Call me Ishmael.

Gender: Male

Location: Sweden

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2009 4:16 pm

Posts: 2434

Coffee Prosecutor wrote:
After replaying AJ, I made my mind a lot and came to the conclusion that my last interpretation was wrong, in my eyes.
Kristoph cleary is the better Gavin.
Klav is a biatch. He may be a rockstar but why the hell a prosecutor?
And another prodigy?
Seems like copy-pasted to me.
His theme is okay, but Klav is no real prosecutor. He only helped Apollo.
And in 4-3 he framed Marche for only one reason: In order to keep the Gavinners complete.
What a bastard >_>

Hurrrrr.

I agree though. Klavier is cool, but he's a jerk. Remember when he told Wocky about his injury? He did it while humming a song and laughing.
Wife: sparkleranger78, daughter: feedmechocolate247
Re: Which Gavin do like (or hate) more?Topic%20Title
User avatar

Mipeltaja = the real badass

Gender: Male

Location: That one place. No, not that place, the other place.

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Fri Nov 09, 2007 1:14 am

Posts: 462

Marche Tobaye wrote:
Coffee Prosecutor wrote:
After replaying AJ, I made my mind a lot and came to the conclusion that my last interpretation was wrong, in my eyes.
Kristoph cleary is the better Gavin.
Klav is a biatch. He may be a rockstar but why the hell a prosecutor?
And another prodigy?
Seems like copy-pasted to me.
His theme is okay, but Klav is no real prosecutor. He only helped Apollo.
And in 4-3 he framed Marche for only one reason: In order to keep the Gavinners complete.
What a bastard >_>

Hurrrrr.

I agree though. Klavier is cool, but he's a jerk. Remember when he told Wocky about his injury? He did it while humming a song and laughing.


Klavier is a piece of shit, really.


--Haha, Wocky's going to die, isn't that FUNNY? LMAO.

--Resorts to insulting Apollo's physical features and calling him names almost immediately.

--Attitude towards Detective Skye is a sexual harassment lawsuit waiting to happen.

--Talks about how much he cares for the truth, but doesn't actually care enough to do anything, other than wait for Apollo to find the truth and pretend like it was his idea all along.

--Doesn't share information with the detectives on investigations; purposefully withholds relevant information that could affect the case until the moment when Apollo figures it out anyway (ALL THE TIME in 4-3)

--Offers Alita Tiala an alibi when she didn't know how to explain why she left her shoes in Meraktis Clinic.

--Shows more emotion when his bandmate misses a note on-stage than finding out his brother and his best friend are murderers COMBINED.

--Tries to coerce Spark Brushel into lying on the witness stand by offering him exclusive rights to the story.
Billie Jean is not my lover.
Image
Re: Which Gavin do like (or hate) more?Topic%20Title
User avatar

earthlings on fire

Gender: Female

Location: Hazakura Temple

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:57 am

Posts: 1011

Icarus wrote:
--Shows more emotion when his bandmate misses a note on-stage than finding out his brother and his best friend are murderers COMBINED.


I'm not the only one who noticed that, I guess. That made me angry. He was all pissed off when Daryan missed one cue that no one noticed...And was emotionless when Daryan and Kristoph were arrested. Not only that, but he made a point to tell Kristoph that he "wasn't needed".

But I really don't hate Klavier despite this; he's just a relatively flat character who desperately needs more development.
ImageImageImage
...and there's fifteen feet of pure white snow
Re: Which Gavin do like (or hate) more?Topic%20Title
User avatar

Max Sugar, No Taste

Gender: Female

Location: Forssa, Finland

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:55 pm

Posts: 223

There's something about this thread that prevents people from ranting, it seems. :D Someone before lost an anti-Klavier rant, and now that I had a long text about why Klavier DOESN'T suck, electricity died (hooray for thunderstorms) and my computer booted. Clearly a conspiracy.

Aaanyhow... poor Klav, he can't help it that he's an emo bitch about music. Don't hold it against him. ;_; *fangirl*
Image
Banner by PandaPrinzessin

No squealing
remember that it's all in your head
Re: Which Gavin do like (or hate) more?Topic%20Title
User avatar

You know I win.

Gender: Female

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow...

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:40 pm

Posts: 38

Why I do like Klavier more, Kristoph seems more fleshed out. Though my sister just told me that their little sister in one of my fanfics epics over both of them I just think Kristoph had more personality, and Klavier was used for his...amazing totally hot so cool sexiness (yes, I am a fangirl. Bite me). And I do have a reason why he got so emotionless in 4-4.

Spoiler: 4-4
So, Kristoph's on the witness stand, and by this point it is blatantly obvious that Kristoph is the murderer, and he's pretty much going insane. *cue Kristoph's totally epic amazing breakdown* So, Klavier's thoughts are probably like this: "Well, my brother's an insane human being who wanted to kill to protect his reputation. Not to mention that he's evil too. So, the brother who helped out all these years, who helped me ride a bike (Me: That's my opinion at least) and basically took care of me ever since I came to America is a bastard. Well, that seriously hurts, but I will NOT break down in court, and I will not give Kristoph the satisfaction that got to me. So act cool, calm, and collected, and I will cry about this with Kerstin later. Now, I gotta toughen myself up." And henceforth, Klavier's emotionless for the last part of 4-4 because he wants to keep his head held high, and not show what was tearing at his insides.


'Sides, you guys need to think about what would be happening to Klavier on the INSIDE, not just the out. Just because he's emotionless on the outside, it could be tearing at his insides like a rabid beast.

Anyway, in my opinion, it's a toss-up. I do think Kristoph has more personality, but I'm a self-confessed Klavier fangirl. *shame!*
There are five things that are awesome in this world: Paramore, dancing, fan fiction, YMAS, and Klavier Gavin.
Re: Which Gavin do like (or hate) more?Topic%20Title
User avatar

Max Sugar, No Taste

Gender: Female

Location: Forssa, Finland

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:55 pm

Posts: 223

weirdghostboo wrote:
'Sides, you guys need to think about what would be happening to Klavier on the INSIDE, not just the out. Just because he's emotionless on the outside, it could be tearing at his insides like a rabid beast.


Yes! That's pretty much what I was ranting about before the electricity went down.

I do realise that his emotions below the surface are completely fanon, but it's not really hard to imagine.
... And I'm just a sucker for that glimmerous fop -smile of his. With a smile like that you can hide a lot of things.
Image
Banner by PandaPrinzessin

No squealing
remember that it's all in your head
Re: Which Gavin do like (or hate) more?Topic%20Title

Gender: None specified

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:14 am

Posts: 17

:garyuu:, :kyouya: is just a poser
Re: Which Gavin do like (or hate) more?Topic%20Title
User avatar

A True English Diva-To-Be <3

Gender: Female

Location: Sitting in an English garden waiting for the sun~

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 4:14 pm

Posts: 1199

Hmm, it's a difficult one~

I love Kristoph's elegance (I do like a man who appreciates good nail grooming) and evil scheming- he got the better characterisation of the two. And I admit to having practically splurged up my intestines in shock when I realised you were supposed to accuse him in the very first case DX

But, that said, I think I'm one of the few who doesn't find Klavier bland. I do desperately wish that Capcom had fleshed him out a bit more- I want a backstory like Edgeworth, Godot and Franziska got- but that doesn't spoil him for me at all. And he made me laugh with his bitchy diva-ness in Turnabout Serenade~ I just didn't feel like he was a flat character- I felt like he was one we didn't get to know enough about. I mean, you didn't get to see him much at all during the investigation phases, compared to in JFA where Franziska pops up literally everywhere...

Fangirl bait? Perhaps, but it kept me pretty happy <3
Ramika wrote:
weirdghostboo wrote:
'Sides, you guys need to think about what would be happening to Klavier on the INSIDE, not just the out. Just because he's emotionless on the outside, it could be tearing at his insides like a rabid beast.


Yes! That's pretty much what I was ranting about before the electricity went down.

I do realise that his emotions below the surface are completely fanon, but it's not really hard to imagine.
... And I'm just a sucker for that glimmerous fop -smile of his. With a smile like that you can hide a lot of things.


Totally agree~ My perception of Klavier is that he internalises things- he doesn't seem like one to cry in front of people. Heck, I wouldn't want to do that, so I find this pretty understandable. And, yes, the smile.... Forget any character flaws, his overall gorgeousness makes up for it in my book :3

Cravat of Doom wrote:
It's like Capcom was so proud of themselves with Kristoph that they completely forgot about making a prosecutor. This is probably how the conversation went:


Hmmm, it is weird, considering that they actually came up with concept stuff for Klavier before they were able to start doing Kristoph~

"The development team had some trouble coming up with the original concept for Kristoph. It wasn't until after they focused on Klavier that they were able to mirror some of his image back onto his older brother."

I guess that would be the hair :3
Image
Click on Janice for graphics ^^
Re: Which Gavin do like (or hate) more?Topic%20Title
User avatar

I herd he was hurr...

Gender: Female

Location: Stalkin' Edgy-poo, so wherever he goes~

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2010 6:13 am

Posts: 7

I'll say Kristoph. He's soooo sexy.... not as sexy as my Edgy-poo but still sexy... and he's witty and intelligent! :pft:
Image Oh hai thar Edgy-poo~ <3 Image
Re: Which Gavin do like (or hate) more?Topic%20Title
User avatar

Choir Nerd...'nuff said.

Gender: Female

Location: Safely inside my cereal box fort!

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:20 am

Posts: 44

Hmmmm...I really like both of the Gavins, but I think I like Kristoph a bit more. I tend to go for the more refined, sophisticated gentlemen. ;) Plus, Kristoph has an intriguing personality, very cold and calculating...

However, I LOVE Klavier too. He's a really great foil for Kristoph in my opinion. I agree with everyone who said they wish he had been fleshed out a bit more, as well as those who believe he was truly broken up on the inside during 4-4. And he's not too hard on the eyes either. :D

Hello, I'm LovelyLarxene! But you can just call me Lovely. :keiko:
Image
Thx to Midnight Jasper for my wonderful set!
Re: Which Gavin do like (or hate) more?Topic%20Title
User avatar

Mipeltaja = the real badass

Gender: Male

Location: That one place. No, not that place, the other place.

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Fri Nov 09, 2007 1:14 am

Posts: 462

weirdghostboo wrote:
And I do have a reason why he got so emotionless in 4-4.

Spoiler: 4-4
So, Kristoph's on the witness stand, and by this point it is blatantly obvious that Kristoph is the murderer, and he's pretty much going insane. *cue Kristoph's totally epic amazing breakdown* So, Klavier's thoughts are probably like this: "Well, my brother's an insane human being who wanted to kill to protect his reputation. Not to mention that he's evil too. So, the brother who helped out all these years, who helped me ride a bike (Me: That's my opinion at least) and basically took care of me ever since I came to America is a bastard. Well, that seriously hurts, but I will NOT break down in court, and I will not give Kristoph the satisfaction that got to me. So act cool, calm, and collected, and I will cry about this with Kerstin later. Now, I gotta toughen myself up." And henceforth, Klavier's emotionless for the last part of 4-4 because he wants to keep his head held high, and not show what was tearing at his insides.


'Sides, you guys need to think about what would be happening to Klavier on the INSIDE, not just the out. Just because he's emotionless on the outside, it could be tearing at his insides like a rabid beast.


C'mon, that's a major copout. Klavier is visibly angry when Vera is just testifying about the forgery, and then there's nothing when he discovers that Kristoph is the one that ordered the forgery and manipulated Klavier into framing an innocent man. Klavier clearly has no problem getting angry or being surprised when he's prosecuting, so it rings hollow and smacks of writer laziness that he has no emotional response, be it hurt, anger or sadness, when he discovers that his brother and best friend are criminals who abused his trust.
Billie Jean is not my lover.
Image
Page 1 of 3 [ 92 posts ] 
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  

 Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » The Hydeout (GS4)

Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Yandex [Bot?] and 2 guests

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum
Jump to:  
News News Site map Site map SitemapIndex SitemapIndex RSS Feed RSS Feed Channel list Channel list
Powered by phpBB

phpBB SEO